Speaker 1: There's a there's a reason I don't speak ill of the Warriors.
Speaker 2: There is.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you think that I'm some sort of lifelong Warriors fan and all I do is big them up and talk about how good Steph Curry is and how Draymond Green's a Hall of Famer, Or don't worry about what Andrew Wiggins has got going on in his personal life, stay out of it. Steve Kurz one of the best coaches of our generation. Like, I don't say that because I want them to succeed.
Speaker 2: You don't think.
Speaker 1: I haven't noticed that they haven't been playing well all season.
Speaker 2: You don't think I'm watching these games.
Speaker 1: You don't think I haven't seen that they have one of the worst records on the road in basketball. Like, you don't think I think that's a problem. You don't think that. You don't think I don't see it. You think I just want them to know. The reason that I praise them is because I want them to stay asleep. Complacency is the enemy of excellence, and I don't want the Warriors to be excellent.
Speaker 2: That's facts.
Speaker 1: And I know that me talking badly about them is only gonna give them motivation. Did somebody not tell CJ McCollum that, because CJ McCollum acts like he's never been on the receiving end of Warriors vitriol. Before Little rewind Machine, CJ McCollum and the Portland Trailblazers were.
Speaker 2: Up fifteen points every single game in.
Speaker 1: The Western Conference Finals against the Warriors, and they lost every single one of them.
Speaker 2: They were swept. CJ.
Speaker 1: McCollum should know fucking better. They have been peacefully slumbering all year. They are raizor thin to being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and they against the Pelicans were down twenty in a crucial game and they didn't seem to mind. So why the fuck did CIJ McCollum decide he wanted to start chirping at Draymond Green and Steph Curry and Dante DiVincenzo when he was up twenty. The best revenge on the Warriors is to say absolutely nothing pound them, tell the world how good they are and how they're going to be. Okay, pack up your shit and call your wife and be like, yo, we're about to eliminate the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is what happened Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Like I said, they're up twenty, Pelicans are hidden threes, Golden State sleepwalking seasons on the brink. Siej's chirpin' now. Marcus Thompson breaks it down like this. McCollum might have saved the Warriors season because Draymond became a madman and woke the Warriors up on a run you've never seen since I don't know last year when they did it a million times.
Speaker 2: The Warriors were on.
Speaker 1: The brink, so it felt a few admitted it so much after the game. Two nights after brutal mistakes down the stretch cost them a critical game against Minnesota, they were down twenty to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? CJ?
Speaker 1: So he's chirping. Drey decides enough is enough. He starts hammering the Pelicans left and right, body checks Brendan Ingram like he's playing hockey, gets a flagrant one heart foul away from being tossed.
Speaker 2: So why did he get so mad?
Speaker 1: At the point, I'm gonna put myself out there and then I hope that the guys will back me up, he said, And if they don't back me up, are season's over?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: That was the most important game for the Warriors season, and CJ. McCollum decided to give them extra motivation like he was some muse I've been amused before for the Warriors, remember.
Speaker 2: Nine to one.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel good when they used your content or you're chirping to motivate them to excel in your face. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Draymond and at halftime lit a fire under the Warriors. Most notably, Steph comes out in the third quarter like vintage Steph Curry all of a sudden, a twenty point lead turned into a four point lead in like a minute. That's what they do. You piss them off. You turn around and the lead is gone. Not only is the league gone, now you're down and they're still talking shit. They were talking shit down twenty and now they're talking shit up five and now you're quiet.
Speaker 2: Steph it in seventy five seconds. Think about that. Three threes in seventy five seconds at the end of the third quarter.
Speaker 1: A twenty eight footer, a thirty two footer, and a twenty seven footer.
Speaker 2: Those are really long threes. There's really long ones, and.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, just like that, your elite is gone. Stop talking shit to the Warriors, And that was that. When Steph does that, they're not beatable. And the funny thing was like not brandon Ingram coming at Draymond or CJ chirping Steph. That was the tipping point. It was actually CJ barreling through new player on the team, Dante DiVincenzo. Fine player, fine player, but not him like he was a straight blocking dummy.
Speaker 2: That sealed the deal.
Speaker 1: Dante very mild mannered kid, doesn't want any smoke, just wants to play basketball.
Speaker 2: He looks at mclum He's like, Yo, why are you taking this out on me? I wasn't even trying to be the tough guy. I'm just trying to hoop. I'm just trying to win games. He runs over to Draymond.
Speaker 1: He's like, Yo, let's get these guys. I was ready to just be a part of this. Now I'm leading the charge as well. And you know what, everyone rallied around Dante DiVincenzo because you're not about to body our guy.
Speaker 2: You're not about to bully our role player. Insane.
Speaker 1: Now the sleeping giant has been awoke with I'm sorry, CJ. It's all your fault. When they win the title, it will be because of you. They will probably give you an honorary ring because you helped save the Warrior season. You're more important right now than our man twelfth on the bench, Anthony Lamb. You are Bill Freakin Simmons. The story yesterday was that the Warriors are going to ditch Draymond and he's gonna go to the Dallas Mavericks. By the way, that's a lie, just a straight lie. But also we need to really step back and say, if Draymond or Jordan Poole are leaving this team.
Speaker 2: By the way, Jordan Poole had an excellent game last night. It's Jordan Poole.
Speaker 1: Draymond Green is the second most important player on this Warrior's team. If you're a car, the Warriors are a car. Traymond Green is the engine of the car. Steph Curry is the transmission of the car. What is Klay Thompson.
Speaker 2: The tires?
Speaker 1: What is Jordan Poole the sunroof? Jordan Poole is the sunroof. Awesome to have, definitely a luxury that you want. Do you need a fucking sunroof? Absolutely not. Am I paying fifteen thousand dollars more for this car because of a sunroof. No, if the sunroof doesn't get along with the engine, sorry sunroof, you gotta go. Championship back on, folks, thanks to CJ McCollum. Couldn't you just leave good enough alone. Our dubs are gonna be just fine, just like I said, championship caliber team. I'm the only one that's been riding with them.