Speaker 1: It's time to place your bets.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to the pros.
Speaker 1: Welcome into the Betting Pros podcast, the March Madness episode. I'm your host, Mike Randal. He can follow me on Twitter at Randall Rant and I am thrilled to be joined tonight by my brother from another mother, Gus Kerns at Skurns twelve on Twitter. We've been on the screen the screen of podcast before and today we are here joined to preview the first round of the NCAA tournament here on Betting Pros. Gus welcome board.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the inclusion. Excited to do our thing, Please to do this on this particular platform with you couldn't ask for anything more.
Speaker 1: And what you couldn't ask more for, folks, is more March Madness free contests. You can make some bets, you can place your favorites underdogs, but what you can also do is go to Bettingpros dot com and enter the March Madness Bracket contest free to enter twenty five hundred dollars in prizes from FanDuel to the top twenty scores and additional prizes from Pristine Auction. First place a Shaquille O'Neal sign Lakers Jersey, second place, a Giannis Entitacoumpo signed Bucks Jersey, third place, John Calipari signed Kentucky Wildcats Jersey, and fourth place the one Joe and I talked about the other night, the Bob Knight signed sixteen by twenty photo inscribed best wishes. Go to Bettingpros dot Com backslash march for more info on the contest. Bettingpros dot Com NCAB tournament bracket contest terms are all there the Betting Pros optimizer. If you want to do some research, Gustin, I always research before we talk and see where people are leading. You can go to the optimizer there, use that and then go into the contest free bracket contest here Betting Pros dot backslash March, Gus, the bracket is out. We have what we need, and I think what we have partner overall, is a pretty balanced tournament.
Speaker 3: When you say, I definitely would agree. People are gonna quibble and argue over some of the numbers that stand next to some of the teams, but I think as far as the inclusion of the teams in this particular bracket twenty twenty two edition. I think we're off to a pretty good start and I can't wait to pick some games.
Speaker 1: So this is what we're gonna do, folks. We will go through each of the four regions and talk about the games and the spreads in each one of those regions and give our thoughts. We'll go over the playing games for those two regions. We'll give a first round pick. Gus will give his, I'll give mine, and then we will actually predict the eight teams that we think will make the round of thirty two. So maybe somebody doesn't cover, but they do advance. That's what we'll do for each of the four regions. Break it down, let's see how we do. We will start in the West region. Gus and I have been huge fans of this za. Gonzaga Bulldogs the absolute number one seed, and looking now at the spreads in this region. We have the play and game, which we'll talk about in a minute, Notre Dame minus one versus Rutgers. That's a very important game. Notre Dame opened minus a half point. We have Gonzaga minus twenty three and a half versus Georgia State that went down a little bit from the opening. Memphis minus two and a half Verst Boises take us. I'm very interested in that game open minus one and a half. People are betting Memphis Connecticut minus six and a half. First, New Mexico State open at minus seven, Arkansas open minus six and a half. Vermont has now dropped. It's Arkansas minus five against Vermont, Texas Tech minus fifteen and a half versus Montana, same as the open Michigan State minus two versus Davidson that's also a critical one. And Duke minus eighteen and a half versus cal State Fullerton opened at minus seventeen, and predictably people have bet on Duke. So, partner, why did you kick us off here? Let's start with the play and game pick. Talk to me about Notre Dame minus one right now verse Rutgers.
Speaker 3: I mean, if we have this game as almost to pick them on a neutral court, my initial leaning is why not go Rutgers. Notre Dame might think they have the best player on the floor in Blake Wesley, but I'm gonna say this is gonna be a final possession type game, and we've seen Rutgers win these final possession type games. So if you're gonna go with a pick them game on a neutral court. Why wouldn't you lean towards Geo Baker and Ron Harper Junior, who's already done it twice this year. I think a late hit from one of those Rutgers scarlet Knights are you advances and makes you some money.
Speaker 1: I have looked at this game since these brackets have come out, one of the toughest ones partner that I've had. My heart says Rutgers. I want Rutgers Jersey Pride. We're rooting for it. My head says Notre Dame. Here's my rationale. I looked at the metrics of this matchup, and when I've been in these situations and I've had a heart versus head pick and the metrics have been the the way I've almost always seen the win. With the metrics, I don't think Rutgers is going to be able to stop them from three. Rutgers has allowed opponents to shoot thirty four percent from beyond the arc, and you know Notre Dame can shoot it thirty seven point seven percent overall this year, top twenty in the country, thirty nine point six in the ACC. Notre Dame doesn't force a lot of turnovers. I understand that Rutgers does, but Notre Dame doesn't turn the ball over on offense either. This is a tough one. Rutgers has had some big wins, but Notre Dame be Kentucky and Rutgers has had some bad losses. I am hoping I'm wrong, Gus, but I am taking Notre Dame on this game, and gosh, I felt a lot about it.
Speaker 3: You could analyze this a couple of different ways and come up with different results each different time, especially with this line being as skinny as it is. I seriously think it will be a final possession type game, and I think the score will be down, So you might want to take a peek at the under there if that's something that you take a peek at. But I'm gonna still lean Ruggers.
Speaker 1: All right, and let's go through a partner and get all your feelings on these games. I will start Gonzaga minus twenty three and a half versus Georgia State and open Gonzaga minus twenty five and a half. Where you going here?
Speaker 3: All right? Pretty easy? Here, Gonzaga is going to try to like rest their guys quote unquote, and sure the other guys will excel with opportunity. Now, if we take a closer look at this, both teams were very average against the spread, Zags fifteen and twelve, Georgia State only thirteen and twelve. I think Gonzaga has too much size, and if you lean one way or the other, I think I would lean with Gonzaga covering and Georgia State falling short in the second half.
Speaker 1: Next up, Memphis minus two and a half. Money is coming in on the Tigers, so it's up to two and a half versus Boise State open one and a half. Tigers, Broncos, where are you going?
Speaker 3: Since Thanksgiving? Boise has lost three games versus Wyoming seventy two to sixty five and then to Colorado State. You were Rams twice seventy seven, seventy four, seventy one, sixty nine. You gotta score seventy to beat Boise. Memphis has scored seventy in eleven of its last fourteen games, twelve of those being wins. The computers say almost pick them. I love the Dagenhart and Williams matchup, but I'm gonna say Memphis has it continued to roll their direction Sansamani Bates has stopped playing, and I like that they can put up enough points against that stout Boise State defense. Give me Memphis.
Speaker 1: Here, Connectiquette minus six and a half, it's dropped a little bit in New Mexico State. We love New Mexico State, but do you like him here only getting six and a half against Yukon.
Speaker 3: You said it exactly right. Don't like them here? Love them overall? Really bad matchup. Yukon has beat both Auburn and Nova and they have zero garbage losses. If you take a look. Now, New Mexico State did beat Davidson and they house Teddy Allen and Jabari Rice, one of the most underrated backcourts in the country. I'm gonna trust Yukon's grit and size here, and I really like you on in the spot.
Speaker 1: This has been a push button topic here. We have Arkansaw minus six. It's down to minus five now Arkansas minus five versus Vermont. Very interesting game, Gus, what do you say now?
Speaker 3: The head and the heart are going to be in the same place here and also will include the mind as well. If we take a look at some of the metrics and maybe some of the metrics that might be off the radar. Like one of our good friends, Evan Miakawa at evan mia on Twitter, he has a ranking of which lineups have been the most productive in college basketball this season. Guess who has a top five lineup in the nation. Yeah, that's right, Vermont. They have everybody healthy. I love Vermont in the spot, don't like them. Love Vermont in the spot. I think it's gonna be maybe even an outright win. And I think that people might be sleeping on the Catamounts a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So of course we don't know yet. Against Rutgers, not Dame, we talked about that. Next up, Texas Tech minus fifteen and a half. This number has held firm. Against Montana State, we have basketball NARCOLEPSI. We love Montana State. What do you think here?
Speaker 3: Well, Montana State has an interesting influx from Europe. They have three players from England on their team and all of them are impactful. As much as that's charming and that we love that Montana State is the representative out West. They had to go through the traditional powerhouse in the GRIZ, Texas Tech. They're going to suffocate Montana State with their personnel, size and versatility. Both teams are solid against the spread. Montana State was seventeen and fourteen and Texas Tech was twenty and thirteen. I'm gonna lean Tech here and let go of all those points. I think they're going to cover here.
Speaker 1: This next one is interesting, Michigan State minus two against David's and Michigan State the seven David's in the ten. This game is not until nine forty on Friday, which of course is critical with point guard Tyson Walker's status unknown for the Spartans. Where do you go here?
Speaker 3: Davidson and Michigan State. This might be the best coaching matchup within the first round. I really think that the computers are are kind of tied up here, so if we're in a pick'em situation, I like getting a couple of points with Davidson here. And Plus this might be the Foster lawyer like wants to stick it to his old team game. Good one, Yes, so I'm gonna lean the offensive efficiency of coach McKillop.
Speaker 1: Last one. The Dukies two seed. Don't know why they were two seed over Tennessee, but we can get out another podcast. Dukies minus eighteen and a half First cal State Fullerton Open Duke minus seventeen.
Speaker 3: Understand why that went that way. Of course, Duke is going to abtract a ton of attention, whether it be TV viewers or money sending their direction. There's so much talent there with Duke, and they, of all the teams, really needed a reset, maybe as much as Texas does in this particular tournament. And I think both teams were, you know, slightly average against the spread. Cal State Fulusen was a sixteen and twelve. Duke was seventeen and fifteen. So there's nothing to stand out there. I'm gonna say Duke drop some numbers here. I think they played with a little bit of freedom now that they don't have an ACC title to contend for, and they don't have the retirement game or Coach K's last game at Cameron Indoor. I think they go ahead and just win this thing by twenty.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, folks, Now I'll run it back. We talked about the playing game. I'm going Notre Dame. Next up, Gonzaga gus I found that all the one seeds I felt were way too low, way too low with the point spreads. Gonzaga played Fairley Dickinson as a one in twenty nineteen. They beat him eighty seven forty nine. Gonzaga played Norfolk State last year as a one ninety eight to fifty five. I get Georgia State. I understand that I don't know why I'm not laying twenty five, So twenty four and a half, twenty five, whatever it is, I will lay it there with the Zags. I think they bowl ahead in the second half. Boise State first, Memphis. I'm calling it right now. This is one of the picks I am the most sure of. I am absolutely taking Boise State. There is recency bias here with the Tigers. I know that they've lost baits and now they're playing better and they're hot, and they beat CUCF, SMU lost to Houston. Boise State is disciplined. Boise State rebounds. They're gonna totally feed off the fact that Memphis is three hundred and fifty second in the nation in turnover rate. Love Boise in this game. It may be my favorite pick of the entire first round. I know the money's going to Memphis. I know people like Memphis. They see them dunky, they see them doing all these things. Folks. Boise State won a really good Mountain West this year a really good Mount West and they did it in grand fashion. They beat Nevada, Wyoming, San Diego State. I will take that over Memphis. I am taking Boise State excellent. Next up. I think you hit it on ahead with Connecticut. I find that it's very hard to upset teams in the first round that have quality bigs. I think Snogo is a quality big for Yukon. I think just like the old Tyler Hansboro, you rarely saw Roy Williams teams with the tar Heels Gus lose in the early round because they had Tyler Hansburro. And this is the situation. I don't see New Mexico State doing this. I saw in New Mexico State earlier this year they were very impressive, and there, of course they're extremely well coached. I saw in New Mexico State earlier this year against Davidson and Utah State early on they ended up beating the Davidson team seventy five sixty four, and then struggled mightily with the turnovers and the craziness against Utah State bean ate them up inside. I think a similar situation happens here. I'm going to lay the points with yukon Arkansas Vermont. I have mentioned this to you privately. Vermont is due for another big win. We were there together watching sarantineing Op and Wrath with a big win over Sarah Cues. One was that two thousand and three they are due. Everyone is picking Arkansas in this game, and the line is going down. The line is actually going the other direction. So the casinos are saying, yeah, we know you're all betting Arkansas, and here's more motivation to do so. I love Vermont. Vermont hasn't just been winning GUS. They've been covering their games at the end of the year. John Becker smashing people, beating them comfortably. John Beckert does a great job. I know there's no Anthony Lamb, but this team is solid. I will take Vermont here with the points as well. On the bottom Texas Tech Montana State Defense travels. Texas Tech is just gonna lock down Montana State. They haven't seen anyone like that this year. I will lay those points there with Texas Tech. Davidson versus Michigan State. Great call with the Forest Forster Lawyer. Revenge Game. I love revenge game narratives. You know that Davidson should have beaten Richmond. They played really well. Richmond just had a magic ride there at the end. They can shoot the three rebound inside. Well coached. Michigan State has not put it together all year. It's just been a very up and down year. They struggle to get consistent offense. I know they're gonna bully Davidson, but Davidson has seen games like this before throughout the year. They're not gonna be shocked playing Michigan State. When they've had games this year against these top teams. They go in and they go on the road and win at VCU sixty three to sixty one. They know what it's like to go up against one of these teams. Love Davidson to win it out right. I'll take the two and Duke versus cal State Fullerton, sure, I mean with the all, with the exception of the Lehigh game Gusts, I'm gonna take Duke here and lay the points. I don't think the cal State Fulton can hang with them, but I don't like Duke that far. But I do like them in the first round.
Speaker 3: I don't think that Cal State Fullerson has a CJ. McCollum on their roster, so I think We're okay. CJ.
Speaker 1: McCom as a walking through that door. So partner, really quick run it down for me. I'll give the game. You tell me who's winning it. Forget the spread. Gonzaga, Georgia State, Zachs, Boise State, Memphis, I like Memphis, Connecticut, New Mexico State, Go Huskies, Arkansas, Vermont.
Speaker 3: I mean we have to go Catamounts, Go Catamounts. This is gonna be the game.
Speaker 1: Uckers, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Texas Tech, Montana State, Texas Tech, Michigan State, Davidson, Davidson, please and Duke cal State Fullerton, Duke. I will go Zags, Boise State, Yukon, Vermont, Notre Dame, Texas Tech, Davidson and Duke.
Speaker 3: Let us.
Speaker 1: Let's move it to the other side here to the South region. Right across going down these games, we have Right State versus Bryant, which is a great game. I love, by the way, Wright State minus three out of the horizon versus Bryant open Right State minus two. We have Seat and Hall minus one versus TCU same line, Houston minus eight and a half versus UAB That is interesting. Illinois minus seven and a half versus Chatta Chattanooga opened eight and a half. Money coming in on Chattanooga. Michigan minus two and a half versus Colorado State. We can spend the whole pot on that game. Tennessee minus seven dat over Longwood, Ohio State minus a half point in lower of the Chicago guess this has gone back and forth, so depending on the way the money is loyal in Chicago has been a favorite. Now they're under dog Villanova minus fifteen and a half versus Delaware, So here we go.
Speaker 3: Talk to me all right, So number one, let's talk Wright State Bryant. You're gonna have three awesome players in this game, with Peter Kiss Charles Pride, who went off for over forty points this season already Peter Kiss's teammate, and then you're gonna have Tanner Holden on the other side, who's a threat for a triple double any single time. I'm gonna go with Bryant here. And this is why they've won sixteen out of their last seventeen games. There has to be something said for the culture, for the expectation, and for like the swag and the chip on the shoulder that Bryant plays with. So I'm gonna roll with Bryant here. If I can grab a couple points, absolutely, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Seaton Hall Big East minus one versus TCU. TCU is a very nebulous team. Not a lot of people realize how good a job Jamie Dixon has done that in there. What do you think here with the Pirates and the horn Frogs.
Speaker 3: Well, one of the things that Seaton Hall has over many of its opponents is a positional length and size all over the floor. TCU can kind of match that. They have positional size kind of all over the floor as well, even at the guard position. Miles is fantastic. So I think we're gonna have a little grinded out, little rock fight here, But I'm gonna take the Hall here. I'm gonna think that they might have an impact player that has an impact game, whether it be Kale, whether it be Rodin. I think one of those guys is gonna go for twenty plus and that's gonna be the difference here. The computers are gonna give us the numbers that look pretty similar, but I think Seaton Hall might have more talent, And on a neutral court, let's take the further talent.
Speaker 1: This is a fascinating game. Houston Cougars versus UAB. People don't like Houston, they say they haven't played anyone. People don't like UABAE, they haven't played anyone outside of conference. Where do you go here? Houston minus eight and a half first, the Blazers.
Speaker 3: Absolute Blazers. Here's the reason why. When you take a really close look at what Houston has had issues with this season, go directly back to the games against SMU. SMU has one of the best point guards in the nation and Kendrick Davis, and he gave them tons of trouble and even got a win against Houston this past season. Inside the AAC, go ahead and plug in Jelly Walker for Kendrick Davis, plug in uab's defensive grit, plug in Trade Jamison on the inside, who's going to be an absolute force and a wreck around the rim. And then you have Buffin, who's a high major transfer. He's not going to be scared of anything Houston is going to throw with them. I love UABA here, I even love UAB just straight.
Speaker 1: Up ELLINOI minus seven and a half versus Chattanooga. I don't know what to make of this. Fighting a line nine team Gus. Every time I watch them, they disappoint where you're going here seven and a half point spread with Chada.
Speaker 3: I think we got to lean Shada. And the reason we have to lean Shatta is just be because of the schizophrenic nature of Illinois. I don't know what kind of andre Cabello we're gonna get. If we're gonna get like the mad hatter andre Cabello that makes unbelievably odd decisions, or if we're gonna get like the magician with the ball. Another thing to pay attention to here about Chattanooga is they own enough size at every position, and they actually have somebody that can match up against Kofe Coburn with Desuza six', nine two point fifty Former kansas. Transfer so it's not Like Kofe coburn is just gonna come in and dunk on. People he's gonna have to dunk on somebody else that's a big time player, inside and we know that Usually. Illinois then there in their veteran guards might have a little pull. HERE i don't. KNOW i Think chattanooga is really live, here SO i love getting some points.
Speaker 1: Here i'm offended by this Line michigan as the eleven seed minus two and a half Verst Colorado. State come, On, gus talk to.
Speaker 3: ME i, mean you could definitely expand on this, one But i'm gonna take rams as. Well. Yeah the one thing to find out for to look out for is The David roddy foul trouble, situation whether he's gonna Guard Hunter dickinson or Another michigan player that might cause him to be exposed or isolated out on the. Wing as long as he stays out of foul, Trouble i'm going to argue that he's the best player on the. Floor so both teams are awful against the. Spread so if we can get a couple points, here, Yeah i'm in on.
Speaker 1: That tennessee minus seventeen Versus longwood opened, Eighteen longwood's getting some points. Here the, mean nobody in the country would be hotter except For arizona maybe Than tennessee entering. This where do you go?
Speaker 3: Here i'm Going. Tennessee not sure That longwood has seen a defensive team Like, tennessee AND i think their lead Guard Justin hill will definitely have issues with all of the defenders that he's going to take a look. At whether it Be, chandler whether it be A, ziggler whether it Be vescovie, LIKE i think each one of those players are gonna Give hill some, issues AND i Like tennessee big.
Speaker 1: Here there's never been a better use of The Chris farley gift than this next. Game no, Idea Ohio state minus a half point Of loyal In.
Speaker 3: Chicago talk to, me all, right, WELL i think if we have no idea and you know that Loyal chicago is going to have that name and that. Clout but are they the same? Team there's No cameron Crut. WIG i know they Have, williams who's gonna is a defensive ace on the. Wing but be careful. Here The buckeys are limping in and they're very vanilla right. Now they have the best player on the floor IN. Ej, ladell and they might have one of the players that blows up in the tournament In Malachi. Brennan he is a freshman guard that's figuring it out and can drop thirty at any. Time is he gonna drop thirty Against Loyla? Chicago? No but guess what if he drops nineteen AND. Ej liddell does his normal. Stuff The buckeys are gonna.
Speaker 1: Win and last one here getting some steam as. Well delaware fifteen and a half point underdog To Villanova nova minus. Fifteen As delaware a bit of a proximity, Rivalry, gus what do you think?
Speaker 3: Here, WELL i think there's also like A division one double a football. Rivalry you, know that's kind of on the side. Here, yes and this is also The Dylan painter revenge. GAME i, mean let's not forget.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: Listen delaware has long guards that have been there for a really long. Time and plus they Have philly legend blood With Jamir Nelson junior on the. Roster so guess. WHAT i kind of like The Blue hens. Here. YEP i like them getting that many. Points if it, keeps you, know if it stays in the fifteen, range that kind of works for.
Speaker 1: Me excellent job running it back. Here i'm with you On. Bryant i've seen enough Of. Brian Peter kiss has that mojo going right. Now and, LISTEN i Like Wright. State they got over the hump they always they eliminated the last, two maybe three or four times years in the first round of The. Horizons they got over it this. Year good for. THEM i Like brian especially if you're giving me. Points absolutely THERE tcu Versus Seaton. Hall, listen you know from an other, Podcasts i'm not Backing Kevin willard in. THIS i THINK tcu is pretty. Underrated they've played particularly, well especially in. Conference they ended up Beating Texas tech And kansas back to back at. HOME i know those game were home, gusts but you Beat Texas tech And kansas back to, back you're beating elite. COMPETITION i think they get up here For Seaton hall and they're getting a. POINT i love IT, Uab Houston Peanut butter And Jelly WALKER, uab AND i understand if people don't like, it they're gonna say. LISTEN uab hasn't played that many top twenty teams this. Year they've been really, impressive but they're king of the little. People their non conference gus Unc, Asheville Morehead, State. Rhodes, okay there's One South, Carolina ALABAMA a and M New mexico lost To san Fran Saint. Louis, OKAY i get. It BUT i think that they are the type of team that's gonna get up and get. Stealed they're gonna get After. Houston they're going to be Very memphis like Against. Houston it's a little frisky, here but since you're gonna end up giving me a decent, NUMBER i will grab it with Uab Illinoid. Chattanooga you took the words out of my. Mouth teams With biggs usually do. Well chada has a Big Silvio. Desuza we know him of the chair throwing incident In. Kansas is now On. Chattanooga he can Match coburn and if you can do, That corbello has not been the same this year after getting, injured up and down. Turnovers don't Like illinoy in this game? Whatsoever going With. Chada Colorado state, First michigan. ENOUGH i Faded michigan from the beginning of the. YEAR i faded them gusting that opening game at the half when they had an incredible first half and everybody Else twitter's, like you're. Crazy. Yeah since that first half of that first, game they've gone the other. Direction howard has just Returned Colorado state veteran team Love nico medved as a head. Coach in This David roddy's. Dominant the only thing is foul. Trouble i'll take the points With Colorado State. Tennessee longwood also in. Agreement longwood hasn't seen the type of Defense tennessee's bringing. Them they're gonna get out after, You they're going to. Pressure it's just a different level. Here So i'm gonna go With tennessee as. Well Ohio State loyal In, chicago well, done. MAN i think everyone's On loyal In. Chicago there recency. Bias last Year Ohio state comes in fly into the, tournament they lose To Oral. Roberts this year they're coming in, limping AND i think they're gonna Beat loyal To. Chicago everyone's gonna Beat loyal In. Chicago Losing Porter mosier. MATTERS i know it's a veteran, team BUT i Think Ohio state is being underrated. Here And Nova delaware absolutely taking the points if just gus Because villanova doesn't really push the. Pace so we saw it Against. Creighton they Beat, creyton but they didn't cover in the biggiest. Tournament so fifteen and a half For. DELAWARE i like This delaware. TEAM i like their. Guards dylan pay a revenge, game kudos to, You so there we. Go run it down for her, Partner i'll give you the games you tell me who Wins Wright. State bryant, Said, bryant.
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely let's Go Peter kiss.
Speaker 1: Straight, Up Seaton, HALL, Tcu let's go Haul, houston uab UAB, Illinoi, Chada Chatta Street rams Or Michigan. Rams let's Go, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Longwood tennessee, Please.
Speaker 1: Ohio, state loyal In, Chicago Buck guys And Villanova. Delaware, yeah let's Go Nova. Advancing i'm Going BRYANT, TCU i will Take i'm gonna Take.
Speaker 4: Houston i'm gonna Take, houston But i'm TAKING uav with a. Point, Okay but something about, This bob is because it's such a popular. Upsent i'll Take houston to, win BUT uobi to, Cover chatta Over illinois, Absolutely Colora state Or. Michigan, Next tennessee Beats, Longwood Ohio state to win out right Versus, chicago and, Yes villanova to win but not cover Against.
Speaker 1: Delaware. Yes moving down to The, midwest here we Go Midwest, Region Texas southern minus four Versus TEXAS a and M Corpus. Christy following, that we Have San Diego state minus two Versus. Creighton that's the same as the. Open next, up we Have iowa minus ten and a half Versus. Richmond now what Opened iowa minus nine and a, Half so people actually betting on The hawkeyes. Here number is inflated a bit to ten and a. Half we Have providence minus two of Versus South Dakota. State that could be an hour long. DISCUSSION lsu minus four VERSUS i always stayed open minus four and a, half SO i was take getting a little money, there which is. Nice wisconsin playing In. Milwaukee i've discussed that at nauseam With joe. Yesterday wisconsin minus seven and a half Versus culgated opened eight and a. Half So colgate getting some money, here even on the road In. MILWAUKEE usc minus one and a half Versus. Miami that's a bizarre game to, me open, two And auburn minus fifteen and a half Versus jacksonville stay that open sixteen and a. Half so again people betting down when you're talking about your high, seeds they're betting down the number because they like the. Underdogs so partner take it, Away.
Speaker 3: All, Right let's go with the playing game, first and when you take a look at both of these, TEAMS i kind of liked WHAT i saw With TEXAS a and m they're twenty and ten versus the spread this. Year BUT i think one thing you want to pay attention to Is Travion, tennyson the six to four. Guard is he? Healthy is he gonna? Play he only played eight minutes last. GAME i think if he's. Healthy i'm A TEXAS a and m cc person, here AND i love. THAT i might get a couple of points with. That BUT i think if you're wagering this, game this playing, game definitely check on the health Of Trevian.
Speaker 1: Tennyson San Diego state out of The Mountain, west a team That i've been slow to warm two Versus, creighton who's scalding hot right now despite not having their freshman point.
Speaker 3: GUARD i Love creighton here after we got to see them in person at The Big East. Tournament i'm really impressed with the coach with What Coach mack has. Done losing your starting point guard and then rebranding everything to figure things out and do it in a successful fashion is really. Impressive here's the way that they're doing. It kaluma is AN nba. Player he's getting he's getting more, time and you might look at the stat sheet and, say, like, ah he's not even averaging double. Digits wait till you watch. HIM i think he'll be just fine and really. Comfortable hawkins is one of their glue. Guys he's their leading, scorer but he's not going to be the leading scorer in this type of. Game kalkbrenner is defensive player of The. YEAR i really in inside The Big. EAST i really love This creighton, team AND i love that they have three freshmen playing big, minutes important minutes and pactful, minutes and they have a rim. Protector just like you mentioned. Earlier when you have a big it makes things. EASIER i Love creighton in.
Speaker 1: The, Spot iowa minus ten and a. Half it's up a little bit, now so to open eyed on minus nine and a. Half now they're getting money and it's up to ten and a. Half So iowa minus ten and a half, First, RICHMOND i still.
Speaker 3: Like, iowa even though the number inflated a tiny. Bit. Here, look we Had Jacob gilliard on the. Podcast nobody was rooting harder for him to find more success than you AND i and all The spider fans. Everywhere the picture that he had in the locker room of THE a ten title, trophy THE mvp of The tournament plaque and then you know all tournament team holding all of that. Bling that is exactly why seniors come back and want to find success in college. BASKETBALL i love that, picture AND i love that moment for, Him but you know, what they're gonna get. SMOKED i was absolutely gonna smoke. THEM i don't if it goes to, TWELVE i might even still hang around.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Providence the line jumped out as soon AS i saw, it as soon as that brah was watching it With Missus. Randall as soon AS i came, OUT i, said that is not a good, matchup AND i guessed in my. Head she, said what do you think is going to? BE i, said three was my. Guess it Is providence minus two at opened minus two and a. Half and As i've, Mentioned providence is getting the majority of bets right. Now so what do you Think providence minus two Versus South Dakota.
Speaker 3: STATE i think the Jack rabbits are live. HERE i think they're really. LIVE i think if you take a look at if you take a look at their gaudy, record if you take a look get like how they shoot the, three if you take a look at the, scoring across the, board like they're not just gonna be able to Put justin And iah on like you, Know wilson and then shut him, down like Then shireman's gonna go off Or fredell go, off like one of those guys is gonna get. Free and we've seen this problem With providence before where they just play their guys lots of. Minutes and the one place that they could have an advantage here Is Nate, Watson and after Seeing Nate watson in, PERSON i don't know if that's necessarily an. Advantage So i'm gonna go Jack rabbits here AND i just might take them straight up as.
Speaker 1: WELL lsu minus four Versus Iowa state slow game here like the under this, GAME lsu superior and, Defense Iowa state plays with the deliberate Pace Cyclones tigers where you're.
Speaker 3: Going i'm gonna Go. Tigers and the Reason i'm gonna Go tigers is maybe that team and that roster just needed a, reset and maybe the reset is a good thing for. Them we said earlier That duke was one of those. Teams texas is one of those teams that needs a reset and just use this as a fresh. SLATE i THINK lsu falls into that category as. Well.
Speaker 1: HERE i KNOW i may be Overrating wisconsin Playing. MILWAUKEE i, MEAN i get it Like i'm making it seem like this is The celtics playing in the guard in the. EIGHTIES i understand, that but they are playing a team In. Colgate to be, fair they're favored by seven and a half open eight and a. Half that is the type of team that could give them. Trouble i'm having a trouble getting off Of milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Here what say, You, well if you look At, COLGATE i, Mean Keegan records is big enough inside to cause some, problems whether it be offensive ly, er defensive, lyer just to clog things. Up Jack ferguson the guard was one of the most efficient players in the country last. Season he's fallen off a little bit this. SEASON i just think when you push comes to shove and you have An All america on your, team and you have quality, bigs and you're playing in a dome that's going to be all covered in. RED i Like wisconsin, here AND i don't mind if it goes up to.
Speaker 1: EIGHT usc minus one and a half Versus. Miami two things shocked. Me first, OFF i couldn't Believe miami was. TEN i, mean they've they, won they beat At duke At, Duke they've had some good, wins has some bad. LOSSES i understand, that BUT i was shocked they were, ten AND i guess so Did vegas because they only made them a one and a half point underdog AGAINST usc was pretty good this. Year so where do you?
Speaker 3: GO i Like miami and the guards. HERE i like THE i Like Charlie moore has been. Everywhere do you Know he's played at four, College.
Speaker 1: He's been all. Over it's, amazing it's, great.
Speaker 3: And so like this is, his you, know final chance at success as a college student. Athlete love love loong and then you, KNOW i think that THE i LOVE i love that they have a three guard attack and then their four man is almost like the triggerman on. OFFENSE i don't know IF usc is for, Real, like, yeah we haven't stayed up late to watch. Them, yeah they have a couple of decent. WINS i. DON'T i. DON'T i think they're a little paper tiger. Ish and you, know when they got into the top ten earlier this, season were they really one of the top ten teams in the. Nation, no and are they really a team that should be favored Over miami right? Now? Yeah probably, No SO i Love miami in the.
Speaker 1: Spot last one in The Midwest auburn Versus Jacksonville State Jacksonville state coming from the A. Sun So Jacksonville state ends up winning the western side of the A sun first year that they've come over from The Ohio. Valley they lose in the semifinals To. Jacksonville, however because they won the regular season title ahead Of, jacksonville they get to go instead Of jacksonville Or, bellerman who has still not finished their four year transitional. Period the dumbest rule in college. Basketball auburn here going Into Jacksonville state playing them fifteen and a.
Speaker 3: Half all, right, ready here Are auburn's last ten. GAMES a two point, win a, loss a twenty two point, win a fourteen point, win a, loss a thirteen point, win a, loss an overt, win eleven point, win and then a. LOSS i think fifteen points is. FAT i Like Jacksonville state here to kind of keep it. Close and if the, number you, know moves in our, DIRECTION i like that even more. SO i think That auburn maybe twelve makes more. Sense they just haven't been consistent their last ten, games whether it be against the spread or just winning games. Consistently SO i think a fifteen point spread is a little.
Speaker 1: Fat excellent. Call let's run it back. HERE i Like Texas. SOUTHERN i like their. SCHEDULE i think your point about the injury is. FAIR i think the number could get it leaven a little. HIGHER i almost, feel because it's for it's almost baked in that they think he's not he's going to be. Limited SO i will Take Texas southern and lay the. POINTS i hate doing that in the playing, game BUT i really like the schedule The Texas southern plays each and every. YEAR i Like San Diego state in this. Game the only REASON i Like San Diego state Over creighton is because we did go to the biggest tournament and we watched. THEM i don't think there was a team that was able to effectively Disrupt creighton's offense Without nemhart and now With Trey. ALEXANDER i Think crayton really. Struggled you, know A villanova's not the type of team we've talked about this that's going to turn you over a. Lot San Diego state is going to Disrupt Trey alexander bringing this ball up to. Court if they were fully, HEALTHY i Think i'd Like. CREIGHTON i have not Liked San Diego. STATE i have been Doubting thomas On San Diego. STATE i made fun Of Matt bradley's successive spin. Moves but in the, END i think they're better THAN i gave them credit. For So i'll lay the small number here With Creighton iowa Versus Richmond. Man MAYBE i got a blind. SPOT i just believe In. GILLIARD i Know iowa's got a ton of, offense and This Tiagan murray And Chris murray and every Other. MURRAY i understand maybe it's fran BUT i like How richmond's going to turn them. Over they do have to shoot well from. Three if they, don't they're gonna lose by thirty in this. Game but the numbers a little. High he gets to eleven or even, twelve AND i get a backdoor COVER i was gonna. WIN i will Take richmond in the Points providence minus two Against South Dakota. State oh my. Goodness you know it's becoming such a popular pick THAT i almost want to go In providence at this point because it is becoming such a popular. Pick it's only. Two i'm gonna Take South Dakota state with the Jack rabbits because they post so many. Points, Providence you're, right we saw him right in front of. Us Nate watson is not your typical Big South Dakota state struggles inside on the. INTERIOR i don't know If providence can make him. Pay and If Nate watson gets in foul, Trouble croswell comes in and you know what, happens Then i'm Taking South Dakota state and The.
Speaker 3: Jack you just sought yourself into, it, Right i'm.
Speaker 1: DEAD i just told you right. Right living the pod HERE lsu minus four Vers Iowa State Bad mojo WITH lsu Tj osselberger has done a great job coming over FROM. Unlv This Iowa state team controls, pace gets things in their own level that they want to take control of. Things they defend the three very. Well LSU's gonna have to battle them inside and they. CAN i was impressed When Iowa state Beat Texas. Tech they also Beat. Texas they've played tough teams across the board to win A tco away should not be slept on. EITHER i am gonna end up Taking Iowa state here with these. POINTS i just negative mojo here with Will wade out the. Door, Yeah i'm gonna lay the points With. Wisconsin colgate is the type of team that can make this a. Game But i've watched them And Jack ferguson is a tremendous. SHOOTER i just don't Think wisconsin's gonna let him. Shoot Johnny, davis your, Car, larry best player on the. Floor give Me wisconsin laying the points all Over. Miami completely agree with. YOU i think they're under, seated and WHEN i found in my gut gus that a team was, UNDERSEATED i should always pick. Them going back to, gosh what was? It Oregon state last, Year Oklahoma state a couple of years before that made A sweet sixteen when they were a low. Ce i'm gonna end up going With miami.
Speaker 3: Here they have the.
Speaker 1: GUARDS i agree long THE, USC i just don't, buy especially not on a neutral. Court and, finally totally agree with you With Jacksonville state Because Brandon huffman inside is a quality big who can cause problems in this game For. Auburn he can keep things. Close Jacksonville state had PLAYED vcu earlier this. Year they dominated and played very well inside in the A sun thirteen and three. Overall Huffman inside's got to stay at a foul, trouble but he's six, ten two fifty. Five they have some good guards. Here they shoot thirty eight point two percent from three point. Range that's eleven best in the. Country backdoor cover on An auburn team that you brilliantly explained has struggled this. Year give me the outright. Winners No, Spread, Texas Southern, TEXAS a AND M Corpus. Christy i'm still gonna go With CORPORATE Chriski, Here San Diego, State, Creighton, Love, Creighton, Iowa, Richmond, Iowa, Providence South Dakota, State, JACKBITS, Lsu Iowa. State let's GO, lsu, Please, Badgers, Colgate, WHISKEY, Usc Miami, Love Miami, Here, Auburn Jacksonville, State.
Speaker 3: Auburn just to get, Through i'll.
Speaker 1: Go Texas, Southern San Diego, State, Iowa South Dakota, State Iowa, State, Wisconsin miami And, Yes auburn to, win but not cover. Partner we got one more to. Go let's bring it home with The east and finish this. Off, yes, Sir East Bracket baylor minus twenty one Versus Norfolk. State i'll have a strong opinion on, this not a strong as offer like we'll, wait but a strong. Opinion it opened minus Twenty North carolina minus three now Versus. Marquette indiana minus four Versus. Wyoming that's that playing. Game we'll get to that in a little. Bit ucla minus thirteen and a half Versus akron that. Dropped it opened at fifteen people Betting. Akron texas minus one Versus Virginia. Tech hokies absolutely would not have been in the tournament given their if they did not win that game Against. Duke but they did Open texas minus, Two so people are Betting Virginia. Tech call that gus The syracuse. Bett they always make it in and they. Shouldn't then they get hot. Yep purdue minus fifteen and a half Versus yale that dropped a little, Bit Murray state minus one and a half Vers San. FRANCISCO i have a lot to say on. That kentucky minus eighteen now Against Saint peter's opened fifteen and a. Half kick it off Partner Baylor. Norfolk, oh let's, start you know. What let's start With, Wyoming. Indiana the playing Game we'll start with the playing Game Wyoming. Indiana very interesting, Game. Gus it Opened wyoming minus three and a half and now It's indiana minus. Four that's a seven and a half point. Swing people love The, hoosiers do You, no not at.
Speaker 3: All you're looking At Trey Jackson davis one of the best players in the. Country let's call him one of the top twelve best players in the. Country he's gonna look directly across from him and be looking in The mira with a slightly less verticality in grahamy. K so that to me is a little bit of a. WASH i don't know IF i don't know If indiana has a guard that's gonna be willing to Guard Hunter. MALDONADO i don't. Know they're going to run a ton of offense through him in the, post And i'm not sure That indiana has tried to defend that type of offensive attack. BEFORE i love that the line has flipped, here AND i love that That wyoming is now the. UNDERDOG i Love wyoming straight. UP i think they're gonna win this.
Speaker 1: Game baylor minus twenty one Versus Norfolk. State who To Norfork state Beat missouri that they beat a couple in the two fifteens Advanced when was the Le High, yes that was That Kim english team KIG i got any. Time, now what do you Think norfolk they got a?
Speaker 3: Repeat, NO i don't think. SO i know that The baylor injury thing is going to affect the way that people how they invest their money. Here but just this is just My baylor take. OVERALL i think that the injuries are just gonna Provide brown and so hand further opportunity and they're gonna make themselves a lot of money in this. Tournament SO i think that as much as the injuries are gonna, hurt and of course they're gonna limit their, depth more minutes for those two, PLAYERS i think that's a recipe for success For.
Speaker 1: Baylor you always have a better rate on these team THAN i. Do North carolina minus Three marquette, hmmm.
Speaker 3: Clash of styles. Here you know That marquette's gonna, defend and you know that defending is optional FOR. Unc but they will get up and down and shoot it in. Jacket here's What i'm gonna lean on. Here morcel is probably, gonna you, know shut down one of the, guards whether it be you, Know love Or smith or something like, that and then they can put leaky black on whoever they. WANT i don't know if they necessarily have an answer For. Baykot and so when you have a line as small as, This i'm gonna go with best player on the, floor best rebounder on the, floor and best scorer on the. Floor i'll take you in see slight lean there FOR unc because the best player on the floor.
Speaker 1: OPTION ucla minus thirteen and a half Versus.
Speaker 3: Achron it's interesting Because akron is not necessarily THE mac team THAT i would be worried. ABOUT i was thinking that maybe one of the OTHER mac teams would do make a little make a little noise or do a little. Damage they've played really. Well they have an eight game winning, Streak So, akron you, know getting some attention in that line moving is. Justified i'm gonna tell you THAT i don't THINK ucla is gonna be worried About akron that much. Either And i'm gonna lead On Tiger campbell and one of the best assist to turnover ratios in the. Country makes me happy when that's what my point guard is.
Speaker 1: Doing texas minus one versus The HOKIES.
Speaker 3: I, mean Isn't texas the most on tilt team in the. TOURNAMENT i, mean it just seems like they are just on. Tilt texas against the spread twelve nineteen and, One Virginia tech against the spread nineteen and. Sixteen give me The hokies.
Speaker 1: Please purdue fifteen and a half versus a Dangerous yale team THAT i lost money on Against.
Speaker 3: Princeton, now If princeton was the representative, HERE i don't. Know if they'd be matched up With, perdue that might be a whole different. Situation that would be a Team i'd be worried about This yale. TEAM i Know swam's, awesome unbelievable, shooter very, gifted gritty is not you, know it's not going to be. Intimidated BUT i think they're gonna be too little on the front. LINE i don't think they're gonna get you, KNOW i don't think they're gonna pull an out rebounding situation like they did With baylor a couple of years. AGO i Like purdue, here AND i like the Points.
Speaker 1: Murray state minus one and a Half. Verst San.
Speaker 3: Francisco as much AS i want to jump on Coach golden and really reinforce our backing for THE. WCC i kind of, can't can't get away From Murray. State kJ williams six,' nine, six,' ten legit big inside that can do a. Ton Of things tevin brown, six' five guard, definitely garnering SOME attention. Even some nba eyes, mike gunder your head just off the, top of, Your head no research who do you think shoots? It Better from Three San? Francisco or murray state My Instinct.
Speaker 1: Would, Be san francisco.
Speaker 3: Correct they both shoot, a thirty five percent so that, any sort, of like oh well they're gonna shoot it well. From Deep guess what murray state shoots it as well, Within A percentage Point So. I, like murray State Here. Give me murray state they might have the best, big on the floor and they definitely have the best, guard on The Floor even though San francisco's guards with shabaz are really talented And playing well.
Speaker 1: And kentucky now Minus eighteen Versus The peacocks, Of, saint.
Speaker 3: PETER'S listen katie. And defo is. Awesome he's just awesome he's. A great college player is he GONNA? PLAY in the. Nba i don't, know maybe probably not but he is. A great, defensive player he Efforts He embodies what. Saint, peter's is about now if we're gonna take a, Look The spreads here saint peter's is twenty and, nine Versus the spread and kentucky, Is fifteen And Eighteen so maybe saint peter's hangs around. FOR a little bit I Kind of like saint Peter's, in the. Point sarah tiny bit if it goes, UP to twenty ish i, like it, even more all.
Speaker 1: RIGHT running It back i liked. INDIANA when it Opened i. Don't, LIKE indiana four okay i liked them getting. THREE and a half i do not. LIKE them getting Four i will take wyoming and those points absolutely all. The Reasons you outlined the baylor line is one of. The most absurd lines i'm betting a Lot of Shekels On. Baylor and Norfolk state i'm taking baylor laying The. Points here against norfolk it's not enough that zone's. Gonna be a problem this game has at least thirty points. WRITTEN all over it i don't know. Why It's, SO low unc marquette I didn't like What. I saw from marquette THESE are two. Teams. I don't Like okay i think jacqua's done A good job, with MARQUETTE this year but I didn't like it i saw. THERE in the TOURNAMENT i will take unc because they are so hot and because of The present. Presence of baykok inside for all the Reasons, That You, Said ucla Akron. NAH i'll take ucla i mean they're gonna be chomping at the bit top Loss here in. The pac twelve finals they're gonna be ready to go to try to get back. To that final four they Have A Veteran. Team, Usan hakez tiger yeah ucla minus. Thirteen and A. HALF love The hokies i hated. TEXAS all year long, i Told You this, No trey mitchell inside they're. GONNA lock down defensively i like the, under IN this game but I Just like. What Mike young's running. HUNTER cotur's on fire i think they're the better. COACH team Right now i think texas is in a little bit Of A. TRANSITION with Chris beard, I like texas defense i, don't LIKE their Offense And i think virginia tech. CAN score on anyone I will Take The. Hokies perdue versu yale it's really. Simple For me here partner perdue has not covered ten. Games in a row the last Game they covered Was. FEBRUARY eighth against illinois I, Did, Not, Cover, Michigan Maryland, Northwestern, Rutgers, Michigan State, Wisconsin Indiana, Penn. State michigan state iowa. THANK you very Much, i DON'T like yale but i will take them In this game because bridge just hasn't covered and their defense. Is Not stopping Anyone Murray state versus san Francisco. ALL over the. RACERS i love them i know they haven't played a lot of teams.
Speaker 3: IN the non.
Speaker 1: Conference i don't care. This team is good this team is. Legit Thirty, and two, san francisco of course we're. Trying TO figure out and i. Think he's gonna play, masowski HAD an injury so i think. He is gonna play he could have played In, the Game against gonzaga but golden said. He held him out maybe. He's a Little Hampered i'll. Take murray state here It's a Short Line. KENTUCKY minus Saint peter's i think. Kentucky eventually pulls ahead if you want to Take The halftimeline for saint peter's. SURE problem with that I just think the. Wildcats, are too good. Gus here we go. Give me, The, Winners No, Spread, Baylor, Norfolk, state BAYLOR, Carolina, Marquette, U, Nc, Wyoming, Indiana wyoming, Ucla, Akron Ucla, Please Texas, Virginia, Tech, Virginia, Tech Purdue, Yale purdue Murray State, san, Fran Murray State Please Kentucky Saint, peter's Big blue Nation, And I'm, GOING baylor north Carolina. I will take indiana i think. Four is Too much i'll Take wyoming to. COVER indiana to win i, know IT'S fully four But I Do, LIKE trace jackson davis i just. Think it's, Too Much ucla absolutely brirginia tech, to win out right, Six eleven over Six, Purdue to beat yale. Let's Not go Crazy Murray. STATE over san franz i don't think they slowed them. Down Enough on Defense And. Kentucky beating saint peter's, there, You Have, it folks betting pros we went around and gave you every. Single first round game It was a pleasure gus to Have You on. The Betting Pros podcast FOLLOW Gus kerns at Ce, currents twelve, on twitter and Guys Don't forget the. March madness bracket contest It's free to enter Bettingpros dot com slash march and of course free. To enter that contest twenty five hundred. Prizes from fan Duel we got the shaquill O'Neil, Signed jersey For first Giannis and tatakupo signed, Bucks Jersey For second john calipari, wildcats jersey for third and of course it should be. The First Place prize the bob knight signed sixteen x twenty Photo, inscribed best, WISHES gus anything else. I, THINK that's it no.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to check out the optimizer that you Were Talking. ABOUT for fantasy pros i think that's going to be a really, cool tool to explore, so listeners out there if you're looking for another like avenue to find another metric or another angle that you really are are, trying to key into that might be. The Tool To use and mike pleasure spend Some. Time talking to hoops thanks For Having me On.
Speaker 1: Gus curn's On Mike. Randall For betting pros. March madness is here enjoyed