Speaker 1: Welcome in We'll Driving the Right episode three seventy seven. As always, this episode of What's Right and Nick Grid is presented to.
Speaker 2: You by boost Mobile.
Speaker 1: For our gambling shows on Friday, we don't have a straight to voicemail brought to you by boost Mobile because we get straight into the picks and everything, and a reminder like rate subscribe review and a reminder all lines are from hard Rock Bet and another reminder. The teaser has been the most reliable part of this show so far because demons once again. Last week, I went two and three and it was kind of perfect. I had two great picks, two horrendous picks, and one that could have gone either way and went against me. I'm not like it, just it is what it is. I gotta call it like I see it. I'm now eleven and fourteen on the year, which is pathetic. It means I need a four and one week to get to five hundred five and oh to get above five hundred. Last week we had Baltimore plus a point and a half against Houston because I thought Lamar might play. They get annihilated. We had Dallas minus two and a half against the Jets. They're up thirty to three.
Speaker 2: Great bet.
Speaker 1: We had Vegas plus six and a half at Indy. I said, I thought they could win outright. They what was that forty to six with disaster? We had New England getting seven and a half at Buffalo. I thought they could win outright.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: So those are the two great and the two bad. And then Philly minus three and a half against Denver. Listen, that one could have gone either way.
Speaker 2: It lost.
Speaker 1: Philly was ahead most of the way, but still the cover was in jeopardy and Denver went ends up winning the game outright. So no bad luck, no bad beats. I didn't have Arizona laying the points and then watch that train wreck. I did, of course, though, have Arizona and what was my last vestiges of my Survivor pools. So I'm it's been a rough October for the Picks. By the way, I said, the Picks have mirrored the Chiefs that they were five hundred through the first four weeks of the year. They're they're you know, a game under or thereabouts, and still tough loss in week five, but we rebound, we move forward, and we'll get to that. And again today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. If you love betting on sports, or you just love sports and want to try betting, hard Rock Bet sportsbook Gap makes it simple plus packed with great insights and NonStop promos every day of the week. I'm already looking ahead to Sunday night in Kansas City. Hard Rock Bet stats up right there in the app. Here's what it shows me, Arrowhead. We know this one of the toughest places to play for a reason. Casey has won twelve in a row as a home favorite, and Kareem Hunt, after scoring again last week, has scored in seven straight October games. If you sell then dried your first bet on hard rock Bet, there's time for you to still get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred fifey dollars in bonus bets, new promos every day. Just open the app and check out what you've got.
Speaker 2: Any day of the week.
Speaker 1: Download the hard rock Bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit payable in bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Admit it.
Speaker 1: In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, demanse, let's get to the stay aways. By the way, the Tech and the Vikings are on a bye this week. We'll get to the games we're not betting. Then we'll get to my five picks. Then we'll get to your can't lose teaser.
Speaker 3: Our first stayaway is this week's London game. We got Denver versus the Jets. Jets are seven and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: So here's here's where I fall on it. Typically I would like getting more than a touchdown in one of these weird London games. I also think, you know, there is Woody Johnson, who owns the Jets, used to be the ambassador to England. It was after the England game last year that he fired Sala because they lost that game. There's extra pressure on the Jets, who are zero to five haven't forced a turnover yet. So there's a lot of reasons that I would go with the Jets here getting those points. I don't really trust Denver's offense. I think bo Nix has been up and down.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: I've been burned a few times this year by my priors that Denver's not that great of a team, and I have included far too many. If we go through, I think I've had Denver. I think I think I've gone against Denver in the picks four of the five.
Speaker 2: Weeks, and that is not up.
Speaker 1: To this point, served me incredibly well. So for those reasons, I'm going to give it a break. But if I on Denver. But if I were to bet this game, I would be taking the Jets plus the points.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, the Chargers at Miami. Miami's four point dogs.
Speaker 1: So I don't think you can in good conscience bet on the Miami Dolphins right now. I also think that asking the Chargers, with the offense the way it's currently functioning, to cover more than a field goal is a little ambitious. The Chargers obviously need this game, and Miami might be dead team walking, and at two and a half, I would swallow the points on the road for the Chargers and go with it. Four is just too many. So you might say, why won't you just take Miami because Miami could just roll over at any point. And you know, it was a devastating loss for them this past weekend that they did not expect. It's now another week without Tyreek Hill. That's just to stay away for me. Next one.
Speaker 3: Next, we got New England at New Orleans, New Orleans three and a half, White Dogs.
Speaker 1: This isn't this? You like New England here?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, I don't know, but I mean, well, it's kind of weird. Yeah, don't I don't love New England here? Especially they're coming off a really high, super high after beating Buffalo. Yeah. I would stay away from this one.
Speaker 1: Too, super high after beating Buffalo. But the extra time off, you know, is the mini by this feels like there's the second straight week where the New Orleans game the line has felt a little weird to me, like the Vegas I think they were favored last week against the Giants, where Vegas is anticipating a bunch of the money coming in on the other side and them.
Speaker 2: Just loving that.
Speaker 1: I almost included New Orleans plus three and a half in my picks this week, but this week, as you will see, I am well, you'll see when we get to the picks, but I'm leaning.
Speaker 2: Into this week.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna try to right my gambling ship, it's going to be on the right arms of quarterbacks I believe in. And it's not going to be because I think Spencer Rattler, who's played fine to his credit.
Speaker 2: Is going to.
Speaker 1: Is going to cover three and a half points against a Patriot team that right now feels really good about where it is.
Speaker 3: Next one, we got Arizona at Indy. Indy seven point favorites.
Speaker 1: So I almost bet Indy, and the reason I didn't because I don't know what Arizona's gonna look like after that meltdown. I really don't. I think they are in a really weird spot. The reason I didn't bet Indy is. It just felt like a I have not believed in Indie all year. They have now to me, I need to believe in them somewhat to overcorrect to where after not believing in them all year, I'm now laying a full touchdown with them felt like too much. I couldn't. I can't keep going against them, but I'm not gonna lay a full touchdown. So that's why I stayed away from that one.
Speaker 3: Next Rams at Baltimore, Baltimore seven and a half point.
Speaker 1: Dogs, I stared long and hard at the Rams minus seven and a half. I trust Stafford. They the.
Speaker 3: Play. If Jackson's not playing, yeah.
Speaker 2: Hold on real quick.
Speaker 1: Just to correct myself on something I said, New England had the extra rest. They played Sunday night, not Thursday night, so they didn't have extra rest. My apologies, it's the.
Speaker 2: The Rams I had.
Speaker 1: The reason I was thinking New England did was because I knew Friday's show Wild was so happy. But it wasn't because of the Patriots, because of Mac Jones. In the Niners Rams game, I stared long and hard at the Rams. Here they need the game. They do have the extra rest. I obviously trust Stafford. Baltimore has been just a train wreck. But I just can't lay more than a touchdown with a road team going west to east against a team that is desperate. And so I had the Rams in. I took him out. I had the Rams in. I took him out. I then you know, I no, I can't bet you. You're not allowed right now to bet Baltimore until Baltimore shows some type of pulse or Lamar comes back. Just betting Baltimore to me is crazy. And I just couldn't lay the full six and a half. The Rams would be on my ticket. But a road dog against a desperate team, road favorite, pardon me, laying more than a touchdown can't do it.
Speaker 3: Next one, Seattle at Jacksonville. Jacksonville's one point favorites.
Speaker 1: I think this line's perfect. I think this truly is a coin flip game. I think Seattle's a little better, but Jacksonville's at home. It's also a super you know, it's the West coast going east and long flight. Jacksonville a bit of a short week emotional win. So it's to me the Lion's exactly right this fifty to fifty game.
Speaker 3: Next Tennessee at Vegas Vegas four point underd or four point favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I obviously I swore on your life, Demonsey that I wouldn't bet the Titans again as long as Brian Callahan was the coach, and the Raiders have just been as bad as any team in the league.
Speaker 2: So this is just a stone.
Speaker 3: Stand, nasty game. Nasty game. Next, you got Cincinnati at green Bay. Green Bay's fourteen point favorites.
Speaker 2: Fourteen point favorites.
Speaker 1: Uh, I, fourteen's just too many. But obviously they're coming off of by since he's starting a quarterback they signed three days ago, since he looks terrible. But fourteen is too many points, and you know Flacco's gonna just be chucking it deep to Chase and Higgins. Just too many points. But I'm obviously not betting. I'm not betting on Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: So that's I'm okay excited to see what Flacco and Jamar Chase looks like.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, He's gonna throw deep. Joe Flacco throw a deep playbook. The real question for that game, though, is peal. Can they protect him? Yeah, like the since the offensive line has been bad, can they protect him all right, last one, We're not going.
Speaker 3: With money and I have football ol Buffalo at Atlanta Atlanta's four point dogs.
Speaker 1: Atlanta has been a jekyl and hide team so far this year. Like we know who Buffalo is, They're going to be an excellent offense and a shaky defense. But I I think come Monday, I might bet Atlanta plus the four because I think Atlanta has will have the ability to score on Buffalo. But it just Atlanta plus four was what I where I was leaning.
Speaker 2: But again.
Speaker 1: I decided this week I am going to ignore some of my general rules. And what I'm going to lean into is do I trust this team's quarterback? And or am I up against a team that I think is a mess? And the first pick about to say that involves a little bit of that. The next few picks have all of it.
Speaker 2: Let's you.
Speaker 3: Know what, you know what?
Speaker 1: I Hold on a second here, Just hold on a second here.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I'm doing something I've never done. This is how we're going to get the mojo back.
Speaker 3: Going six picks.
Speaker 1: Nope, I'm only going to go with quarterbacks. I trust I am. I am am doing something that I should not do. I was going to have Pittsburgh minus five and a half against Cleveland, and then I was like, you know what, I don't want to lay more.
Speaker 2: Than a field goal with Aaron Rodgers. I just don't.
Speaker 1: I know they're coming off a bye, but I don't with that Cleveland defensive line, I don't want to lay those points. I'm putting in Rams minus seven and a half at Baltimore here.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't care.
Speaker 1: They're going west to east. The Rams need it. They are the team on extra rest. I trust Stafford. The Ravens are a mess. Lamar's not playing. We are pivoting. Sorry to our graphics folks. This is unfair to them. It's asking them to adjust on the fly. But I am I I executive decision. This is this is how we're gonna go five and oh pal all right. While I was talking through that Rams pick, I'm like, man, the Rams have to win. They gave a game away. The Ravens are just desperate to get to the by and I'm staring at the betting on Aaron Rodgers laying more than a field goal in a divisional game, not doing it. Rams minus seven and a half at Baltimore is the pick. We are not doing. Pittsburgh minus five and a half against Cleveland. Are you okay with that?
Speaker 3: I mean that's against my team, but yeah, I think that's pretty fair if Cooper Rush is in the game. Yeah the Rams, Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Next one, you got Dallas minus three at Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yep, another road favorite again. You got it, we get this is a slump bus situation. I'm going against some of my general gambling rules because I believe Dak has been awesome. The Panthers are just totally inept for entire quarters or halves at a time. I think this could be Bryce Bryce's last start, and I think the Cowboys offense can cook, and Dak has always cooked bad teams. He's thirty three eighteen and two against the spread in his career against teams under five hundred. Carolina is no good. Carolina got their win for October last month. There'll be a one win a month team. I should say last week they got one win in September. They got their October win last week. Dallas minus three.
Speaker 3: Next, Oh, jeez, Tampa Bay minus three versus San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Fake show the nine again the Niners. I don't think Mac is going to play quite that well again, I also think Tampa's I don't think the Niners have the secondary to deal with Tampa's receivers. I think that Tampa's injuries on the offensive line, I don't know that San Francisco's got the defensive personnel to really exploit it.
Speaker 2: I believe now. I'd love this more.
Speaker 1: Obviously at two and a half than at three, because Baker loves game winning field goals. But I'll lay the three points. I believe in the Bucks. I am impressed by the Niners, but I believe in the Bucks. They're at home, they are laying just three points. We're gonna go with Baker next.
Speaker 3: Kansas City and minus two taken on Detroit.
Speaker 1: All right, so this is there are two reasons for this three. The Lion's top two corners are out for this game.
Speaker 2: That's noteworthy.
Speaker 1: And I think the Chiefs offense the only real good thing to come of that Jacksonville game is the offense and started humming a bit. The Chiefs obviously are the desperate team in this or the more desperate team in this. But third, and most importantly, I believe the entire general public is going to be all over Detroit, and I think there are going to be a lot of get even on the day by betting on Detroit on Sunday night football. And I think the Chiefs just find a way. I was shocked by this line when it came out Monday or Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We talked about it.
Speaker 1: Detroit is atop everyone's power rankings. The Chiefs just had a mortifying loss. And and it's not like, well, Kansasity's never going to be a dog at home. They've been a dog at home this year already twice in fact, and so this is Wait, was the Ravens game in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember even game the.
Speaker 1: I know they were a dog to the Eagles. I think they were also a dog at home to the Ravens. Yeah, that game was in Kansas City. It was so they could have been a dog here, they're not. And by the way, speaking of LeBatard, kind of impulsive on this. At the end of the show with LeBatard, I said in passing, I think Kansas City is going to beat Detroit, and he said you do, like he was shocked by that, and so I was like, yeah, we can bet it if you want. I was like, Kansity's the favorite. If you want to just bet straight up winner, we can bet it. And so he's like, okay, yeah, whatever you want to bet, and the producers like throughout, like he hosts my show, I host his show something like that. I was like, Nah, we're just betting cash. So I may or may not have bet Dan Levittard five thousand dollars straight up in this game, which would allow me if I wanted Demonsee to since I have the Chiefs just to win, I could put a little bit on Detroit plus the points and then a Chiefs one point win. I win both sides. I guess will not be doing it exactly exactly. Chiefs minus two, all right, last one.
Speaker 3: Chicago plus four at Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Chicago off of bye. This is the most important game of Caleb's career up to this point. And I think that Ben Johnson, you know, has had two weeks to prepare for this moment, and I believe that they can win. And if they don't win, demonse I think they certainly can keep it within a field goal. So I am going with four favorites. I am going with five quarterbacks that I believe in. Matt Stafford and the Rams minus seven and a half, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys minus three, Baker Mayfield and the Bucks minus three, Kansas City and the Chiefs minus two, Caleb and the Bears plus four. I said, Kansas City and the Chiefs, Mahomes and the Chiefs. I am telling you right now, on Chad Millman's sharp versus square, I am undoubtedly on the square side of Rams, Cowboys and maybe Tampa. I do not care. I have to stop overthinking this. I have to find a way to shape the snow globe a bit and get us our first five and zero week of the year.
Speaker 2: This is how I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro, designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're still think about the traffic on your way to the store or the headache of transferring all your data.
Speaker 2: Good news.
Speaker 1: When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boost mobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at Boostmobile dot com terms do apply, all right, Demanse, Let's get to your teaser, my friend, So.
Speaker 3: This is a three team Oh I know, let's do last year week. Last week's is a three team eight point teaser at plus one hundred, we had Miami plus seven. I got you know, I got a lot of stuff about that pick from producers, you, my guys at work. New England's plus sixteen Kansas City plus four and a half. That was the I mean, this was.
Speaker 1: A true, never a doubter, Demanse, Miami wins the game out right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: No, I lost by one.
Speaker 1: It had a big lead, had a big lead, ends up losing. But they're covering your seven the entire time. New England wins the game out right, They're covering the entire time Kansas City loses. But was covering your teaser ninety percent of that game. And you know, I understand you can be like, how is it never doubt? Are they you're getting four and a half? They won by four? There was Kansas City was a huge favorite to cover your teas the entire game. I gave it a C minus. It's it was a winning teaser. Great job by you. Thank this next one that.
Speaker 2: You, well, I'll let you do it. Go.
Speaker 3: It's a three team eight point teaser plus one hundred. I'm teasing Seattle up to plus nine, and I'm teasing Chicago up to plus twelve, and I'm teasing Detroit up to plus ten. Yeah, I feel very strongly about these Detroit. I think it's gonna be a that's gonna be a game. Chicago twelve points, come on, is the revenge game? And then Seattle plus not Ian s Jackson's. So I think Seattle might just win that game anyways. But yeah, that is week six teaser greater.
Speaker 2: This is an A plus A plus?
Speaker 3: Is that the first A plus of the year.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 1: You're getting every key number your It's three games that it is very difficult to see any of those teams maybe Chicago, but it's hard to see them getting blown out. Yeah, Jacksonville's not blowing out Seattle. I don't think Detroit right now is blow out a bull the way they're playing. And Chicago there's has no business getting blown out with a week to prepare.
Speaker 2: So I I love it. I love it. I ain't got's a great one, pal, Thank you, Bobs. We ride all right? Let's let's keep going real quick.
Speaker 3: Do you uh, TD Genie? Are we doing Tdgenie A, We're going straight to the offer.
Speaker 1: I'll listen, I'll do Zavier Worthy. They we're worthy at plus with the injuries to the Lion's secondary guys. Zaber Worthy of TD touchdown Genie, I like, we didn't get our offer last week.
Speaker 3: So we fell short on the offer. The camp Scatterboy touchdown did not hit, but the Jackson Dart over twenty four and a half rushing yards did hit. So yeah, we we missed on the offer. This this week's YEP is uh, we're going We're fading some of the worst pass defensive defenses in the NFL. So, first off, we got Stafford over two hundred and sixty and a half yards and Love over two hundred and thirty nine and a half yards at plus two point fifty.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to tell you I have to turn this one down because no, it's just because I think that these if these games could be blowouts, they might just be running running. However, there is an alternate offer that I am interested in.
Speaker 3: Yep, So we got Micah plus for Shawn Gary, both for over a half sack at plus two ten.
Speaker 1: While you love that I'm doing it that Packers defense with something to prove against a Bengals O line and old man Joe Flacco. I will take that offer. That offer is locked in. The offer has been highly profitable. Hopefully we get back on the right track.
Speaker 2: All right, I gotta run. Great job.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Volume, thank you to Blue Duck, thank you to boost Mobile, thank you to hard Rock, thank you, of course to our friends at Zen. I enjoy this week in of football. I will see you guys on this show on Tuesday. See you on First Things First throughout the week, talk to you us.
Speaker 2: Then what's right