Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you as always and center.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, but we were right.
Speaker 2: These protests have now organically the left one you believe, just started all over the country. We're in what twenty plus states now, and this looks like the Summer of rage, the same thing we saw with the big summer Black Lives Matter.
Speaker 1: Everything's peaceful, we just burn down and loud a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, America tragically is a flame, and as we predicted, the la riots have now spread across the country coast to coast. This is organized, this is paid for. This is the new Summer of love. This is the left. They want these riots. Democrats are celebrating these riots, and this is who they stand for. They are for violence, they are for illegal immigration, they are for open borders, they are for looting, and they are cheering it all on. We're going to take you all across the country walk through what's happening and where this is going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is truly shocking what is happening, and we're going to break it all down for you as it is continuing to develop very quickly. Before we get to that I want to just say, now is the time for so many Americans to stand up with our friends in Israel. And what we are seeing right now is truly disturbing. Anti Semitism, unfortunately, is on the rise, not just around the world, but right here in America. We have seen Jewish schools that are being targeted, We've seen synagogues that have been threatened.
Speaker 1: Families are truly living in fear.
Speaker 2: I was talking this morning with a friend of mine who is Jewish, and he said, this is something that he has not seen in his lifetime in America. Just how bad the anti Semitism right now. And that's why this is our moment to take a stand, and I want you to stand by helping the International.
Speaker 1: Fellowship of Christians and Jews.
Speaker 2: They are on the front lines providing real help where it's needed most. They're giving food and shelter to Jewish families under threat, building bomb shelters for children. They're helping survivors of hate rebuild their lives. And they don't just respond to the crisis, they work every day to actually prevent them from happening. Now they're asking for a simple gift of forty five dollars and that's going to help support life saving work like providing food and shelter in so much more so, if you are wanting to stand with the people in Israel and really make a difference, this is an incredible way of doing it. Supporting the IFCJ is a spiritual stand. It's showing up for God's people when it counts. You can call them and get involved eight to eight four eight eight IFCJ that's eight eight eight four eight eight four three two five. Or go to IFCJ dot org. That's IFCJ dot org. Every dollar helps the people in Israel be the difference IFCJ dot org. So, Senator you and I said this on this show a couple of days ago, that this was clearly gonna be something that was premeditated and pre planned and was spread across the country. They acted like I was an insane person when I said this on CNN last night and everybody started yelling at me. I'm like, you watch it's gonna happen. Now, we're in twenty plus states.
Speaker 3: We're right well, as of when we're recording, we have seen riots and protests for illegal immigration breakout, not just in LA but in San Francisco, sant Ana, Sacramento, in Phoenix, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, in Seattle, and Portland in Salt Lake City and Detroit, in Hartford, Connecticut, and Boston, in Philadelphia, in Atlanta, in Baltimore, in New York City and Washington, d C. And Tampa, in Jacksonville, in Raleigh, and in Louisville. That is not simply organic. There is money and by the way, we are seeing supplies arriving at these events. This is this. This is the same agenda that was behind the Black Lives Matter and the ANTIFA riots across the country. They're paid for, whether it is George Soros or other anti American leftists who hate this country, who want violence and are funding it. And this is virtually every one of those cities is controlled by Democrats, and the democrats in those cities in many instances are complicit and are cheering them on. And understand this is also openly embracing criminality. This is openly embracing I want you to listen to the owner of a family owned jewelry store in Los Angeles with it with tears in his eyes after looters had destroyed his family business.
Speaker 2: Get a listen and remember, don't forget they'd said that it was all peaceful.
Speaker 4: Earlier.
Speaker 5: We were at the Apple store, we were at the Adidas store.
Speaker 4: Both of them looted.
Speaker 5: The glass shattered, a lot of things stolen. And they're big companies, they'll take a hit.
Speaker 4: But it is the.
Speaker 5: Small, the mom and pop businesses that have also been looted that are heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: Joining me now live niemat his daughter Sheila.
Speaker 5: They've been in the jewelry business, Nathan's Jewelers since nineteen eighty seven here on South Hill, and we're going to show you the shattered.
Speaker 4: Glass in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Niematt, I mean you have tears in your eyes of what they've done to your business.
Speaker 6: What they don't might be the neest. I don't know how to go see what's going on. I don't know what they don't to be the right.
Speaker 5: But you were telling me that why take out whatever issues people have on you?
Speaker 4: A small business owner is a lot of people.
Speaker 7: That is to many people.
Speaker 4: How does this affect you? Very bad?
Speaker 6: That is one vic is the riot and the people of the clange and other things, and they closed the business and nobody can't come inside another day. Something else, and days something else. Why they don't why they being up to downtown. Why did fople come to downtown. They go to somewhere out of the city limits and they could him and what they want to do? Why they come in.
Speaker 5: And why did they affect a small business owner? Sheila, your dad worked so hard and he was telling me and he had.
Speaker 4: Tears in his eyes earlier that you know the store.
Speaker 5: Now you start to see the damage done inside. This is a jewelry martin We also have video of other stores that were looted overnight. There were reports, Sheila, of up to one hundred looters at a time at a jewelry business.
Speaker 4: Crazy, very crazy, very sod, very terrible. And your dad works really hard. I'm sure you work really hard too.
Speaker 5: This is a small family owned business and there's no insurance, no, no, how is this going to affect your family?
Speaker 4: Really really bad. People are stupid. People are stupid. What can you do? And why target you? You have nothing to do with any of this. I know, I know, I don't know why. I'm sorry, Sheila. I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: N Matt.
Speaker 4: I hope the damage isn't too bad.
Speaker 6: Insideo Gino his it far away to come in here, and we had killed to driving the car coming in hire my day damage the car, we took the bus that took it, look and became right now to in here.
Speaker 4: I hope the damage isn't too bad.
Speaker 5: Your business was one of many businesses that were looted overnight.
Speaker 6: But I know jewelry. I felt like a custom jewelry thin. But you know I'm not the big guy, not a big fish.
Speaker 4: You're not a big fish.
Speaker 5: Well that's why it hurts even more because you're not a big fish. You're not Apple, you're not ad and they're going to take a loss too. I'm so sorry for this multiple businesses. There were many arrests made. Were waiting to get those numbers from the LAPD.
Speaker 1: Now let's just be clear.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you said there's many arrests because this is all peaceful center and by the way, where a lot of this looting was happening. This was not where there were actual protests. It's just full blown looting in riots.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, this is criminality, which is Look and that's what happened during the Black Lives Matter and Antifa riots is that criminals are unchained and they loot often small businesses. You know, you listen to the daughter. They're saying, people are stupid, But what can you do, Well, what you can do is arrest them. What you can do is allow law enforcement to do their jobs, put them in handcuffs, put them in jail. And tragically they're in LA, and in LA they won't let them do that. Listen to another Los Angeles business owner on the looters.
Speaker 7: This is so ridicultos. This It doesn't look like this is the protesting for ice or anything. This is that they're doing just for the looting the stores and everything. I saw.
Speaker 9: They break into the Apple store, they break into the Editor store.
Speaker 7: This is not they're doing for TIS.
Speaker 2: What's interesting about what he said is the story came out later. This is a legal immigrant who is criticizing the illegal immigrants and those that are eluding. He is saying, I want law and order and I want there to be protection in LA.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right. And the citizens of LA and the citizens of California are being abandoned and and and they're being abandoned deliberately by Gavin Newsom and by elected Democrats here. I want you to listen to to sheriff Chad Bianco, who is the sheriff in Riverside County in California. Listen to what he has to say about about these rioters and about Gavin Newsom's responsibility for what they're doing.
Speaker 10: Really appalled that we are at this point in society where people come out and think that this is okay, and then it makes it one hundred times worse when you have politicians that are encouraging it, that are not calling it what it is, which is criminal activity, the lying to all of us, lying to the media, and purposely using the word peaceful while maybe they should look at their phones or their TVs because I have law enforcement officers that are being shot at, that are being injured, that are being hurt, vehicles being damaged, things being burned, and they're calling it peaceful. It is a disgusting display of partisan politics. I wish they would all just put their phones down, be quiet, and let law enforcement handle this how it should be handled, which is the complete enforcement of law and holding criminals accountable. It's rocks, bottles, tools, weapons being thrown at us. You watched multiple vehicles destroyed yesterday by bricks. There are people hauling bricks into the zone and then dropping them off, leaving there weapon leaving them there for weapons, and then our deputies and our police officers are they're being used against us, and we're being hit with bottles. We're being hit with with glass bottles, with tools, with rocks, with bricks. This is not a peaceful protest. It isn't even a protest anymore. It is a violent riot, and if they are going to try and do harm, then it is the responsibility of law enforcement to win that confrontation and all of them need to go to jail. We know that gunfire has been reported, we have a I know that there is a report of an officer being shot already. I'm not sure of the circumstances, so I don't know if it was a if it was pertaining to what is going on, or if it was involving something in the peripheral.
Speaker 7: I don't know. It's quite quite frankly, it's irrelevant.
Speaker 10: We are responsible for keeping people in property safe, and when people come and attack us, then we need to make sure that they're held accountable. They are trying to violently influence something political action. That is what this is, That is what everything that the Constitution stands against.
Speaker 7: That is what law enforcement stands against, and that is.
Speaker 10: What will that is what will facilitate the downfall of our civilized society.
Speaker 7: A civilized society has.
Speaker 10: An adherence to the rule of law and there is consequence for breaking that social compact. And when politicians encourage this behavior, which that's exactly what they are doing, is encouraging this behavior, encouraging people to come out and participate in these riots. And they lie to us and say that they're encouraging a peaceful protest.
Speaker 7: No they're not.
Speaker 10: They know exactly what they're doing. This is far beyond peaceful protest. This is now a political action and they are using violence and the threats of violence in order to get their way, and we absolutely must stop this into the ground and stop it from happening. Chief of police from the largest police agency in the country said that they are being overwhelmed.
Speaker 7: Governor Knews's needs.
Speaker 10: To put his down, go sit in his house behind the comfort of his TV screen and a couch and be quiet because he is doing nothing but fueling this process. He needs to stay out of the way of law enforcement. He knows nothing about this. He knows absolutely nothing about the enforcement of law. He despises the enforcement of law, and he has encouraged this. He has enabled this lawless act that is going on right now. This has been years in the making that he has encouraged. So quite frankly, I don't care what he says. He says everything in a disingenuous manner for his own personal political gain, and we are suffering the consequences.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: But it's also goes back to the narrative that the left has put out there that there's no help needed, Everything's fine. This is all somehow Donald Trump's fault because he's sent in Ice, because he's sent in the National Guard. And yet we are seeing this gruh not just in la as we speak, but also all over the country.
Speaker 3: You know, Look, that sheriff you just listened to is running for governor in California as a Republican.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: And sadly, I think the people of California they have demonstrated over and over again they doubled down on these lawless democrats and and tragically they pay the price. I want you to listen to to Maxine Waters, who who actually she may formerly be the mayor of crazy Town, but but just listen. Listen to her talking about claiming, claiming there's no violence, give a listen.
Speaker 8: Test and even those who were out of step with what we are advocating peaceful protest did not create any violence. Nobody was shot, nobody was killed.
Speaker 1: Get it in your head.
Speaker 8: And so when martial law is called, what are you gonna say, I missed the pont.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the pont.
Speaker 8: You all don't think that somehow because they called out the National Guard there was violence.
Speaker 4: There was no violence.
Speaker 8: I was on the street, I know, and I went from downtown detention back out into the community talking to people. What happened in Paramount, what happened in Compton, what happened in Inglewood. So first of all, get it straight and don't just rely on what you've been told. Are the few incidents that you saw.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't rely on what you saw. Don't believe your your lying eyes. The police cars that are on fire, those are not. These are not the droids you're looking for. These are not. These are not the fires, the looting, the stores rob Nope, doesn't matter. Just and and by the way, Maxine Waters is not alone. I want you to listen now to Karen bass who's going to claim are spoiler alert, who do you think is responsible for the riots? Of course, big Trump bingo boy. It's almost like you've heard the Democrat talking points.
Speaker 1: Listen to it. It's incredible. Here she is, we.
Speaker 11: Need to stop the raids. There should should not be happening in our city. It is not warranted, and it does any The only thing it does is contribute to chaos. This was chaos that was started in Washington, d C. On Thursday.
Speaker 4: The city was peaceful on Friday.
Speaker 11: It was not because of the intervention of the federal government.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's law enforcement's fault that we have anarchy, said no same person.
Speaker 3: Ever, So, comrade bass Is is unhappy that the federal government is enforcing federal immigration law. And she does not want illegal immigrants arrested, and and and and she says, well, you know, if you arrest illegal immigrants, if you remove them that then then it's your fault the rioting. You know, you should understand that that we're going to have violent rioting. Uh if you remove illegal immigrants. And and I want to give you an example of some of the people who are being removed. So DHS put out a list of some of the illegal immigrants, some of the violent illegal immigrants who are being removed. One of them was Chong Chan Fan. Chung Chan Fan is a forty nine year old Vietnamese national. He was previously convicted of second degree murder. He was sentenced to serve fifteen years to life in prison after he and his gang member associates were asked to leave a high school graduation party in nineteen ninety four following a dispute, and then they returned with semi automatic weapons which they fired into a crowd of about thirty partygoers. Dennis Brown eighteen of South Pasadena and David Hang fifteen of San Marino, California were killed and seven others were wounded. Then this is what DHS said, quote, this criminal illegal alien is who Governor Newsom, Mayor Bass and the rioters in Los Angeles are trying to protect over US citizens. Who else did ice arrest? I also criminally arrested Cielo Vivar Ubaldo, who was a previously deported Mexican national who was convicted for sex with a minor, narcotics violations, and a hit and run. He faces deportation. Another person that was arrested was Jose Cristobal Hernandez Buytran, forty three years old, of Peru. He was previously convicted of robbery and sentenced to serve ten years in prison. Another one arrested Julian Riveros Karavid, a Colombian national who was arrested on administrative immigration violations. He has prior arrests on charges of domestic battery, child endangerment, assault with a deadly weapon, grand theft, and narcotics violations. They also arrested Chrisida Tui. Chrisidatui is a forty eight year old Indonesian national previously convicted on narcotics d UI an illegal entry charges. They also arrested Rolando venoraschon Enriquez, a fifty five year old Filipino illegal immigrant whose criminal history includes theft, assault, burglary, and sexual penetration with a foreign object with force and assault with intent to commit rape in Pomona, California, which carries a thirty seven year prison sentence. Another one Honduran national Jordan Mauricio Mezza escuap Escubell, thirty two years old. His criminal history includes convictions on charges of domestic violence as well as heroin and cocaine distribution. Another one arrested, Jesus Alan Hernandez Morales, a twenty six year old Mexican illegal immigrant previously convicted of conspiracy to transport an illegal alien in Las Cruces, Mexico, and he received a two hundred and thirty nine day sentence. Another one, Delfino Aguilar Martinez, fifty one year old illegal immigrant from Mexican co accused of assault with a deadly weapon with great bodily injury in Los Angeles, sentenced to serve one year in prison. On top of that, Victor Mendoza Aguilar, a thirty two year old Mexican national, previously convicted of possessing unlawful paraphernalia, possessing controlled substances, assault with a deadly weapon not firearm, and obstructing a public officer in Pasadena. And they're more and more and more. I could keep reading names. These are violent criminals, and so what Karen Basswood the Democrats are saying is if the federal government arrest arrests violent criminals who are a threat to your family, to your community, then it's the federal government's fault for the rioting and looting and criminality. This is today's Democratic.
Speaker 1: Par Queer Center.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear, none of what you said can be true, because I have a montage of the media is saying that what you just described is a lie.
Speaker 1: It's not right.
Speaker 2: It's not looting, it's not burning of police cars.
Speaker 1: Here's the media saying you're just wrong.
Speaker 9: The La County Police say that they have it under control. Pairing a flag is not illegal. As you know, what did happen in nineteen ninety two was so different from what we're seeing now. I mean that that was a real riot.
Speaker 12: Video after video has shown that these agents are the ones provoking protesters and also making up aggression by these protesters, and later video shows people were not aggressive.
Speaker 13: We are having an administration that's targeting peaceful protests, people that are there at protests. The president is sitting in the National Guard because he doesn't like the scenes. He doesn't like the scenes of people peacefully protesting.
Speaker 7: Unrest is isolated.
Speaker 12: LA has palmed millions of people, most of them are having a normal day here on Sunday.
Speaker 13: You know, you've heard reports that there are riots on the streets of Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: That is not what's happening.
Speaker 4: Across the city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Covenation's right.
Speaker 12: There was anything like a riot happening on Friday Saturday, and.
Speaker 9: We just witnessed protesters thanking a National guardsman for his service.
Speaker 12: Here in California, lapd By most estimates, had this under control last night.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think the National Guard is needed now. Things in La are calm.
Speaker 11: There was a protest that got a little unruly late at night.
Speaker 8: There been no violence where anybody that was protesting hit anybody, shot anybody, anybody nothing.
Speaker 5: What is just a bunch of people having fun watching cars burn.
Speaker 11: Most of those demonstrators were very peaceful.
Speaker 8: They were chanting, they were shotting, people were driving by plonking their horns.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just normal life out there.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: They were just having fun watching cars burn. You know, you know that's just that's just good old fashion entertainment. Like get out your popcorn, you know, light some police cars on fire.
Speaker 2: You know, DC next time you and I are just hanging out, you know, we should just maybe just I don't know, find a car and just set on fire and watch it burn.
Speaker 1: We're not doing the illegal. Everything's fine.
Speaker 3: So to to give you a sense of just how how much propaganda the media is desperately trying to spend. I'm gonna read you four headlines. All right, So this is a headline from the New York Times quote, the Mexican flag becomes a potent LA protest symbol. Trump officials of cast demonstrators waving the Mexican flag as insurrectionists. But for many protesters who are Mexican American, the flag represents pride in their heritage. Now, mind you, they're waving the flag saying, Dear God, whatever you do, do not send me back to Mexico. That is their message. But apparently it's pride in their heritage. Simultaneously, here's CNN quote, Trump is acting like an authoritarian. California's crisis now rests on what he does next. That's CNN nice an objective, all right. How about the Washington Post quote, He's waging a war on us as Trump escalates Angelino's defend their city across this vast metropolis, residents denounce what they consider an attack on the very fabric of their city, on their neighbors, coworkers, family members. That's the Washington Post. And finally NPR NPR, which by the way you and I are paying for every one of us who listens is paying for it through our tax dollars. Here's what NPR says. Quote Trump using National Guard in la is an abusive power, says national security expert. That's the media, well, and with the media doing everything they can to deny the truth, to lie, to obfuscate, to pretend that this is all peaceful, that there's no violence, never mind the violence that is unfolding in front of our eyes. You know, Maxine Waters said, don't believe your lying eyes. I'm telling you there's no violence. What is Gavin Newso doing? Is he protecting the people of California. No, Instead, he's suing President Trump to stop the President from protecting the people of California. Gavin Newsom tweeted out quote, I have formally requested the Trump administration rescind their unlawful deployment of troops in Los Angeles County and return them to my command. We didn't have a problem until Trump got involved. This is a serious breach of state sovereignty and flaming tensions while pulling resources from where they're actually needed. Rescind the order return control to California. So Gavin Newsom is not upset that illegal immigrants have flooded into this country for the last four years across open borders. He's not upset that murderers, murderers and rapists and child molesters and gangbangers have been released. He's not upset that that Californians are being murdered, are being violently assaulted by illegal immigrants. None of that dismays him. He's not upset set at the looting. He's not standing with the poor small business owners and shop owners whose stores were destroyed by the violent crime. None of that upsets him. Instead, Gavin Newsom's problem is damn at. Number one, Trump is arresting illegals, and where are the Democrats? Where the party of illegals? And number two, even worse, Trump is sending in federal officers, sending in the National Guard to keep communities safe, to protect families, to protect homes. That is unacceptable because if there's one thing the Democrats stand for beyond illegal immigrations and crime, it is preventing the police from doing their job, preventing them from keeping you safe. I think that really sums up the lunacy of where the Left is today.
Speaker 2: Final question on this one. I don't think there's any near end in sight. I think this is going to continue to grow.
Speaker 1: Do you agree?
Speaker 3: I do. And let me say we started by saying this one where we predicted that this spreads nationally, that we see these protests in these riots and cities across the country, and I think we need to follow the money. And that's certainly what I am urging the President, urging the Department of Justice to do, is follow the money and anyone who is funding this. This is just like the anti Semitic protests on college campuses. By the way, I suspect it's the same people who funded the anti Semitic protests, who funded the ANTIFA in Black Lives Matter riots. It is the same radicals who hate America. Many of them are openly Marxist. Black Lives Matter is openly Marxist. They're rabidly anti Israel, They're rabidly anti capitalism, they're rabidly anti police, they're rabidly anti law and order. They're rapidly pro criminal, they're rapidly pro violence. But we need to follow the money and prosecute anyone who is funding riots across this country. And I hope that's exactly what the Trump administration does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Before we I got to just hit pause, and you got a really cool letter from a kid. This inspires me, It makes me happy. It reminds me when I got into radio when I was twelve years old. And I want you to just tell us about this letter, and I want to read it for everybody listens a verdict.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I had a member of my staff who was down in Texas this past week and was at Fort Cavazos, which actually just got renamed back to Fort Hood and so. And he was there at Fort Cavazos and there was a major who's stationed stationed there who gave him a letter and gave him a letter. It was a letter from from his ten year old son. And I'm going to read it. I'm not going to give you his last name, but but I'm gonna I'm gonna read the letter that that I was handed today. Dear Senator Cruz. My name is Justin and I am a student at Hill Country Christian School of Austin. And I am pro god, pro life, and pro gun Republican who loves America Jesus and politics. I want to write to you to say thank you for everything you have done for Texas in America. There's a paragraph that's really nice in praising me, which I'm going to skip because that seems a little self centered to read a paragraph praising me. But here's the paragraph I want. I wanted every Verdict listener to hear. I listen to your podcast Verdict every week. I have learned so much from you about how government works and all the things you are doing to stop the radical left agenda and help President Trump pass the America First agenda. You have helped me to want to be a politician when I'm older. Thank you for everything you do. Sincerely, Justin h Ten.
Speaker 1: I love it. This is exactly what I love doing this show.
Speaker 2: I hope you let your kids listen, your grandkids, and what a cool Justin thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: What an awesome letter.
Speaker 2: It's just fun to see that and to hear that, and to know that there are people that are listening and make a difference it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 3: And by the way, and by the way, and and by the way, I'll give you a little bit of color. When we were initially doing the show. We were going to play two additional clips of the riots, uh and and their there live audio, but but they're live audio. That that that featured people in the riots screaming and they had several expletives and and and we actually recorded that segment and then I said, Ben, let's delete those. We don't really need to be playing expletives for our listeners, particularly when we have a young young man like justin listening. We can just skip over that.
Speaker 2: Part am into that, don't forget. We do is show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So hit that subscribe or auto download button wherever you get your podcasts uh to make sure you do that, and the center and I will see you back here in a couple of days