Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Colleen Witt, and today we have very special guests. Entrepreneur and entertainer Renegade Piranha is in the building. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm amazing. This is fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're lit. Thank you, thank you. Oh, we're gonna have a really good time today. Because what you are gonna have us eating today is one of my favorites. I think it is to some degree. You're gonna adjust my palate today. Yes, So what are you gonna have me eating today? All right?
Speaker 2: Super simple. I feel like it is the meal, the struggle meal heard around the world that doesn't fail anyone. Eggs, eggs, and bread will fill up your stomach, give you some protein, yep, some good nutrients if you're low on it's a good also like it's a good protein because it is high in a lot of different nutrients.
Speaker 1: Because it's a baby. Yeah, you're hilarious.
Speaker 2: So then I'm a fan of cream cheese if I can do it vegan cream cheese, okay, But for the most part, it's a place where I'm willing to play a little gamble game with lactose intolerance and then I don't think this says struggle meal, but it says renegade style. This is how we get through our day. I'm going to smoke salmon because you, even while struggling, you have to still maintain a taste of being a baller somewhere. So where some people can like struggle throughout the day because they have to eat eight times, Like I have my stomach and checked. So if I have one good meal in the morning or afternoon, I'm cool. The rest of the day. I'll coffee and not my way.
Speaker 1: Through renegag Just for all y'all listeners that can't watch it. So Renegage is very petite, so I'm pretty this is one hundred believable, understandable struggle meal for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so go ahead and feed us in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Get it work.
Speaker 2: So in the kitchen. Also, this is funny because I don't make food, Like I got my daddy's hands and I got my mom's so you.
Speaker 1: Don't usually cook. No, so how do you get by now? You just order food.
Speaker 2: Listen, we call it the la meal. It's called puh No. I'm just kidding here. I'm not really a big foodie. Food doesn't dictate my day. So usually I eat when i'm I'm like, oh god, I shuf I eat.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I know that's not okay. I don't condone that behavior, But my whole life I've never been a big zoomer of food. I do like a good meal.
Speaker 1: Okay. So on a typical day, if you were like, if you weren't eating this, what would you be eat.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for my mother my whole life feeding us, I would have been sister knows how to cook, my brother knows how to cook. Not that I don't know how to cook. I do know how to cook. I just can't justify cooking for X amount of time and then it being over so fast. Who has you? It's like waiting in line for a roller coaster for three hours and then it's thirty Like I eat so fast?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I could never do a coursy meal either.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what would you eat if you weren't eating this right now? What would you be eating? What would you eat today?
Speaker 2: Like in this life? Yes, I just moved my parents to La recently, so I would still just go to my mom's house and.
Speaker 1: See what okay, got it? And what does your mom cook?
Speaker 2: Use?
Speaker 1: Version food okay, all day, every day. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now sometimes you'll throw in other foreigner meals too, yes, whatever they may be. But I've yeah, but now there was gaps in my life where I wasn't living close enough to them to go steal food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for those times, you're gonna catch me germinating walnuts and slowly eating them all day, you're gonna catch me with a bag of like almonds. You're gonna catch all like. Also, as a youngster, I learned and I heard a long time ago that a person that can control their appetite can control other things in their life. And I'm a big firm believer. And if it's a cliche, it's been true for that many millions of people. So there has to be something attached to that.
Speaker 1: So for me, I don't need Okay, So take me back to what was going on towards the eggs, cream, cheese, lots and toast.
Speaker 2: It's just easy because I don't nobody's guys time for that. This will be done in two and a half minutes. And if you're broke, you don't really got time to be sitting around and cooking anyway, you shouldn't be trying to get back to the bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also when I don't have money, the times of my life where I didn't have money, my appetite is attached to that where I have certain friends of mine where in distress they consume. Yeah, when I'm in distress, I'm appetite's gone. I'm not sleeping, I'm not get busy. Yeah, unless I'm super hungry, and then I'm like, let's just sleep this off. We'll be back in forty five minutes, and then you're back up, not hungry anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So take me back to this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, living in La moving out here.
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 2: Originally I'm originally from Iran, Rashed, Iran, Gilon, North Iran.
Speaker 1: When did you move to the States?
Speaker 2: Ninety four?
Speaker 1: Okay, how old were you? Ten? Damn, We'll give it up. Sorry, Okay, a ten year old baby? You? Where'd you guys move? Originally Cincinnati? Cincinnati, now Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I used to ask that question all the time, Yo, of all the cities, why do we pick here? My dad had a business with his brother, okay and his so I was a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm really happy I lived in the nati Then Natti really let me know what America is.
Speaker 1: Okay, real America. Why do you say that?
Speaker 2: Because it's really America. Look up the Natiya, It's really America. It's a historically really wonderful and powerful like city, has an insanely beautiful and expansive like black culture in America. Then you get this really good taste of what that actually looks like. The fun facts about Cincinnati. Muhammad Ali threw his gold chains into the Ohio River right there to commemorate all the people that had lost their lives trying to go over that river to get to freedom. The Freedom Center is there, there's a lot of So I love Cincinnati, and at first I used to be really upset about it. You know, why are we here? Why do we use this? This is horrible, These people are me, these people are racist, this is horrible. But then you realize, no, you get this one on one, close up, close representation of what the good, the bad, and the ugly is of here. Yeah, so without getting two deep, but we'll say that.
Speaker 1: For another week. What made you want to move to la That's so funny.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about this. First of all, cannabis obviously that. Yeah, one of the reasons the sunshine is the other main reason is sunshine in the beach. But in all reality, let's just add in the fact that it's been legalized here since like the mid nineties.
Speaker 1: So since the mid nineties. I thought it was recent, No, since the mid ninety Okay, wait, let's backcheck. Okay, let's backcheck too, because I'm start making this, yes, start making it. Cook cook cook. So for all y'all that don't know, I tried to purposely leave it out the title, but renegade here is a celebrity, the original, one of a kind blunt celebrity, blunt roller for the stars. Yeah, he's starting the whole industry and start the industry of people.
Speaker 2: Rolling for people. But it becoming a global phenomenon of Oh Snoop has somebody rolling his blunts for him because he was going around to every podcast he would give people and he's arguably the biggest recognizable celebrity on the planet. Knows who he is, Uncle Snoop. So then when he's telling everybody, I got a roller, I gotta roller. I never even said nothing about it. I was super quiet. It was cool, But I'm like, yo, do you want to get known to be for being like the rolling server of people? You're still a service job. Also, I'm making I'm an artist. I make art. I do all types of things super side note, squirrel. I do my eggs different.
Speaker 1: I cooked the white.
Speaker 2: First because I want the white all the way cooked, and I want my yellow a little runny. So this is something I developed over the years. White all the way cooked. So you gotta let that chill for thirty seconds, then you're gonna go back in.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything. Okay, did your mom teach you that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay for someone that doesn't like cook you're very particular.
Speaker 2: I'm an artist. I do everything artfully with a finesse. You got to make sure you got a little to that, a little bit so far, then we gotta adds later.
Speaker 1: When did your love for cannabis start to happen?
Speaker 2: As a war baby who was born in the middle of a war, I feel as a tender child. I used it to be able to get through the days, and I never did anything else. I was never into I never was a drinker.
Speaker 1: I never was like a.
Speaker 2: Medicine prescribed or unprescribed. Yeah, taker, cannabis was always just this really amazing thing. And then as time went on, then we found out, oh shit, it really does have medicinal properties, really can help you with anxiety or PTSD or all of these other things.
Speaker 1: So thank god my.
Speaker 2: Intuitions had me into noition with it, so then I was able to do that.
Speaker 1: When did you start playing with How old were you when you started playing with weed?
Speaker 2: Playing with weed? Smoking?
Speaker 1: Smoking cannabis?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, eleven, But that's okay, I gotta record this.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I keep forgetting the way you made these eggs. I don't I didn't capture.
Speaker 2: It war, baby, don't forget. I had to do what I had to do to survive this life. If you missed it, I put the egg yolks in for I kept the yolk in the half of the egg. Yes, okay, So then I let the white zoo to do because I want the white crispy around.
Speaker 1: But I love that you placed it actually on top of that.
Speaker 2: Because if you don't, then you run the risk of it cracking upon You're hilarious.
Speaker 1: I gotta see this. Are you gonna use those things to flip it?
Speaker 2: No? They don't flip flip it work unless you don't unless you don't like egg yolk.
Speaker 1: I am trying it however you make it. But this shall be gravy. But is the egg yolk gonna be cooked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bookie, as much as it needs to be girly pop, I would never feed you raw eggs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? So back to your story. So how old were you when you try.
Speaker 2: And feel like and TV? And then I shot him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to know this.
Speaker 2: Then I shot a gold block. No, I'm kidding. I was kidding.
Speaker 1: Is there trash? Nope?
Speaker 2: A baby way too young, way too young. But also there was reasons for why. Then my journey is my journey because when you're young and you smoke, everyone's look, you better not smoke nothing. Anybody else rolled you if you don't smoke it unless you look now saying.
Speaker 1: A baby, you moved here when you were tense, so it's like you get it now before or after, Colleen bled, I have to know because you're mentioning the war and everything, Like, I what do we want to know? I want to know where are you doing it? Before you came to the state, okay, after where your parents areware.
Speaker 2: This listen, this big shot out to method man Tupac with big bunts in his mouth, and all my other righteous leaders and teachers who taught me how to deal with my pain and my suffering. To feel my pain, you know what I'm saying. So as to feel my pain, you gotta get to you still got to make it through the day. You don't get to get off the roller coaster, whether it's high or low, whether your side or you're high, like, you have to all hands in, stay on that motherfucker until yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So now, because we like olive oil and it's very healthy for us, we're gonna do a little two step.
Speaker 1: So are we doing? Is this an open?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's an open casket. You're hilarious. So I'm saying, is it like half open? That's too much bread?
Speaker 2: Okay, we would never do that. That would be that's mine because I touched it. Could be yours because I didn't touch it.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: A little ool, a little rural ool.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see here, let's see you do now. Okay, cream cheese.
Speaker 2: The key to cream cheese is seasoning your cream cheese. One cheese on the bread. So we're gonna salt and pepple the cream cheese. We're gonna pepper it more than we're gonna salt it because you don't need that much sodium.
Speaker 1: Thanks and gentlemen, you're very health conscious for show.
Speaker 2: I only got one body, and I gotta live in this motherfucker till I'm done.
Speaker 1: Okay. So going back to your story, Oh, before you moved to Los Angeles, you developed this passion for a cannabis.
Speaker 2: See that passion for cannabis makes it sound like, no, it was just it was what it was, but a passion, yes, but I feel like it was more just a part of it. A passion came when I was like, oh shit, I could do this, make money off this.
Speaker 1: Okay. But I'm saying you when you moved to LA, what was the driving force to you moving to Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I'm an artist, so I make music, so I was coming out here to record music. My sister lived out here before I moved out here, so I would always come out here with her and work on my art and different things like that. So my initial driving force was I'm an artist and the world will pay me to be me. I just didn't realize it was the rolling part that they were doing. Also, we're not pee popping up the charts. So somewhere I'm just happy that i'd spit that real shit when I every time I did hit a studio, and that it was.
Speaker 1: Never for.
Speaker 2: The hearts of man. It was for the people that it's build your pyramid. Either they'll find your pyramid while you're here, yeah, or you go and then ten thousand years later they find your pramid. But either way, it goes day by day. Carry those stones and build.
Speaker 1: Your pairmid okay, turn off, turn off the stove. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: See, people that don't cook do shit like that.
Speaker 1: Just makes you don't touch that thing because it's hot. Yeah, okay, I've never seen someone season have to. It was so bland cheese with a lot of pepper, a lot of pepper. Now she's going with.
Speaker 2: Them, and I need to come down here so I don't ruin your life.
Speaker 1: So you're coming here. You can come to Los Angeles. You're living with your sister, right, you're not. You just know my sister. No, okay, let's see this. I've never had Oh I forgot. We were ballers. Oh yeah, we smoke salmon.
Speaker 2: We can afford it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you move out, you save up money, you move out on your own right away. Off rip. Wow, what are your parents saying during this hole?
Speaker 2: My parents are the most supportive humans on the planet. Also, when you take off your salmon, don't rip it into shreds.
Speaker 1: It's layered, It's got layers.
Speaker 2: If otherwise, don't put no smushy mushy salmon on.
Speaker 1: My on my bread. I want to like that.
Speaker 2: I wanted to still look like a salmon.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I'm saying. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will save something for the crew on the.
Speaker 1: Back for Jared. Jared was like, I like salmon two salmon for you.
Speaker 2: You gotta edit faster.
Speaker 1: That looks cud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks legit, thank you, bam wow.
Speaker 1: And this yolk is for sure cooked.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 1: Watch on yo yo, this looks good. Are you gonna pop it? No, I'm gonna Are you really?
Speaker 2: Oh my mama?
Speaker 1: Can oh my god? Can I get can you get a zoom on that? She does it? Do you want to try to right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, because I don't like to waste my yolk, and I worked hard for that perfect yok so what I don't judge me. It's like a little yolk shocked. I do. You don't have to got money. You want to enjoy every bit of that egg. Keep it real, don't lie, keep it real. It was good, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. So you don't waste it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if it gets all over the plate, now you gotta look crazy licking off the plate.
Speaker 1: It does taste good. It tastes like it does taste cool. Sorry, I was hello judging.
Speaker 2: I was like, No, that's okay, that's okay. You didn't yuck my young you just questioned my yong.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I did it like you.
Speaker 2: That was good, well done.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna try this. It's pretty good. I've never had egg with locks and cream cheese.
Speaker 2: Also, it's a specialty situation because it's not something you would necess be able to order from a restaurant for food safety purposes. They wouldn't send that to you because by the time that got to you, the heat from the egg and the salmon would end up potentially creating botulism, which would be horrible of a situation to have. So it's something you can really do at home because you need to consume it pretty fast.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, okay, yeah, I like it with yo. Okay, you gotta win. She gets a win, all right. So for the rating for this is definitely like probably depending on your palate, I'd say like a seven to nine. It's really good.
Speaker 2: And if really gonna turn this up, we wouldn't used like bors and cheese. We would have had a side of like basil fresh mint fresh, basil freshmint fresh, like terragon fresh cilantro for a little crunchity crunch on the side, maybe like a couple of Charlottes something some sort of delicious.
Speaker 1: It doesn't I love that. The look doesn't make you feel like you're struggling either.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you because at least like the other Like I have friends who when they like run out of trees, they'll smoke a little tiny mouse all days. No, if that's your medicinal regiment, that's what you do. But if you're used to a particular type of medicinal intake frequency, I don't play games. I'm quitting smoke a one big fat ass blunt, and then I'm stopping until I re up again. I don't like to play.
Speaker 1: I don't like to play with.
Speaker 2: Myself like that. I don't like to tease myself with things, and I'm very good with discipline, and I'm really good with detachment. So those are things I've always really kept at the forefront of all the things I do is making sure that I can always detach. Yeah, and then I always have some sort of discipline attached to it. Because the world ends right now?
Speaker 1: Could you quit?
Speaker 2: If the apocalypse comes? You can't be chained and bound to vices. That's why cannabis is such a wonderful vice because it doesn't physically choke you. You can absolutely like all right and we're done. Okay, I can't do this right now. I gotta go to work all day or I gotta.
Speaker 1: Do what it is. Because there's some people that do get addicted to it.
Speaker 2: You can create an habitual need for it, so it can any You can become addicted to anything. Yeah, I work out every single day. I missed a day. I don't feel good. I drink this much water every day. I didn't get to drink water today. I don't feel good. I got a headache from it. I drink coffee every day.
Speaker 1: I get a headache.
Speaker 2: When I don't consume it. So can you be affected by it? Yes, But like as far as physical pains and.
Speaker 1: Struggles like throwing up or anything like yeah.
Speaker 2: Or like the things that someone going through like alcohol recovering you have to deal with, or some sort of other substance of detoxing. So you're detoxing it. Yeah, you're gonna be irritable the same way you would be irritable if you were used to doing anything every day and you didn't get what you're used to. But that's now just you having a bad attitude and you needn't check yourself and you needed to figure out how you can express yourself in another way somewhere else and then be cool. Yeah, So that sounds like a you problem to me's Cannabis's fault.
Speaker 1: So you moved to la u huh at your out here pursuing music, I would assume, and your artistry. Okay, at what point do you have inched me closer to the opportunity where you say I have this opportunity to create blunt rolling as a business. God is good.
Speaker 2: I did not go looking for that opportunity. That opportunity was created, and I happened to get topped on the shoulder for it by a girl I knew who worked at a dispensar I used to go to. None of the story has already gone around.
Speaker 1: What does that again?
Speaker 2: So I knew a girl who worked at a dispensary. She knew a guy who was part of a grow that was gifting Uncle Snoop and they were looking for someone to roll it for him. So then obviously King Smoke should do as little work as possible. So they were looking for someone. So the girl, because I knew her, And when you're a good roller, to flex and I don't pull muscles when I flex.
Speaker 1: For this one, it.
Speaker 2: Was always one of my badges of honor was I could roll better than you. And like I said, that comes from scarcity. That comes more from having to respect this small amount we have. That everyone when you're younger needs to get a couple of hits off them so it can't fall apart midway. You can't get funny. It needs to be done properly. So the girl was like, please go, You're the best I've ever seen. And at first I didn't believe her. I was like, this sounds like a scam, like someone's trying to traffic you boogie. Don't believe none of these lie, These men be lying don't believe it. And she was like, no, I promise, I know these people. She did her homework. I did as much of it as I could. So I went rolled for them. It was a whole thing, and they were like, come back the next day. I went back the next day. I just want to show them I new how to roll. And then when I went back the next day, I had to roll off with and I called it the roll off. It wasn't called to roll off. It wasn't a competition. But I guess to them, they were like, let's see who could really Yeah, who can do this for real without fumble or fold? And I did what I do, yeah, And jokingly I said, I smoked them, So I did. And then from that day I was rolling like quarter pounds to a half pounds a day, all day, every day, struggle face. And those were the times where now we are not eating, and now you're far away from the comforts of my mother's food and all of those things.
Speaker 1: But at this point you're getting paid to do this barely, not such.
Speaker 2: When I first started doing this, there was no because it wasn't really even a thing. It wasn't and there wasn't and there wasn't It wasn't a thing it was, but it wasn't bad, but it wasn't where it is now.
Speaker 1: So were you getting paid to do this?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, for sure, getting paid sitting in like a room not where they are, just like off site, a trap house if you will, and then just rolling up all day assembly at all the cups, rolling them all day.
Speaker 1: And then are you in the room by yourself or is there other roller people with you?
Speaker 2: Colleen, TV ladies and gentlemen. I was all by myself. No one else was ever around. Okay, I don't know anyone who else was there? Yeah, guns, sound was gonna I'm just trying to get the whole picture. Man. It was just me, No, but it was so all of these I do by myself. There was other people obviously around Swede. Yeah, okay, of course.
Speaker 1: So you start making money, are at what point are you calling home and saying, hey, guys, you're not gonna believe this, but my day job is.
Speaker 2: As as an artist. When you're in La anyway, I feel like even the smallest gig you get, you're gonna call back home and tell them you got it. But yeah, when I first got it, there was a few people in my life who I tell, but I always if you follow me. Now, I'm trying to do better. I'm trying to do better. I'm actually creating a community where we can all hang out because apparently I suck at social media, so I just I'm just gonna social and then media the social instead of social media smart. So y'all just come meet up with me. I'm setting up a whole community. We're about to hang out. I'm gonna start in LA and then I'm gonna expand out and then I'm gonna have little like leaders and facilitators all over and then through that I'll be able to teach you guys how to roll and do all those other cool things. But during that time, you're just out here struggling to make something happen. So at that time, anything that happens is exciting. But I've always been really private, like I said, so I wasn't telling anybody. So that's why when this whole thing went all over the world, I was like, Wow, this happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're making money in the blunt rolling? At what point do you say you start one? Would you find out pretty early you're rolling for snoop Dogg immediately immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now as an artist, what was your thought process? Was there any part of you that.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy got songs with Tupac it's lit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: One of the Disciples, He's one of the twelve Disciples.
Speaker 1: Are you also thinking maybe at some point can I slip him some music?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Never, not at all.
Speaker 2: I've never ever been like that ever in my life. Also as a rapper, I know, ain't nobody, Ain't no other rapper about to put you on or nothing like that. Also, there's nothing free here, like I said, so I never ever.
Speaker 1: Was on that.
Speaker 2: Also, I wasn't even around them for real, Like I knew his son, I knew his daughter like I knew just from them being around because they got more time to pull up to the different facilities that you know are from places, but I didn't. I met him for the first time at his daughter's birthday party, and I was like, I rolled all the bunks for you.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh shit, that's lit. I was like, thanks, I've been in some of this little me his parties are pretty like nice.
Speaker 2: They're like I mean, like I said, you are looking at one of the most recognizable humans on the planet would probably be like Michael Jackson, Jesus, snoop, if you have to stick faces out like maybe Tupac with the bandana might be recognizable globally like that, but snoops, he's just so well known all over.
Speaker 1: So at what point do you said you're going to scale the business.
Speaker 2: I'm a hustler, see, I come from hustlers. So once I because I was already doing like the bud bars next to liquor bars at the after hours, so I was already I'm a hustler baby next to in La there's always liquor bars, but people forget everyone here smokes. So I used to do these after hours parties as a facilitator, not to participate, and I just I suggested to the homie rest of fees Leon. I suggested to him. I was like, yo, what if we just do a bud bar next to it once again? Now we're flat tving ourselves again, so I can't be held accountable for the things I've done in the past. But yeah, so we did that. And then now when I was rolling for myself, I was never using cigar glue. So when you roll for self, the one two internationally, if you whether you roll cigarettes, whatever, you're gonna use your Yeah, you stebos it. So when I started rolling professionally, the immediate thing was like, we gotta get cigar glue. There's no way. I'm not my mouth is not gonna fall off. Yeah, like you not many of my own I roll to day. You want me to add this many? There's no way on God's green arts, we gotta get cigar glue. So we started getting cigar glue. And then after a couple of months, the supplier we had landed on that had the best one was on like some type of back order, so we had a two week We don't have cigar glue, so we try to order all these other brands that were horrible, and you gotta remember I gotta go through hundreds a day. So then through that I developed my own cigar glube.
Speaker 1: I was about to ask what okay?
Speaker 2: And then so now that ties back into I remember when I first started. Now you got to get your dexterity completely. Now it's the same function as rolling, but now you have to learn to seal without the assistance of your mandible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So once I got good with that, and then I was able to do more and more, like faster, faster, faster.
Speaker 1: I was like you, I could do a shower.
Speaker 2: So then I was like blunt bars. So then I reached out to a couple people I knew that were lit and then it just went from So it was like I've done like a bunch of like random MTV events, rolled up allen Iverson events, like the locks and like the most random places. Because anywhere where there's a liquor bar, ladies and gentlemen, Rannegade should be hired to do a blunt bar because do you think your patrons only want to drink?
Speaker 1: That's very smart? They don't. Very smart, entrepreneur of you, Thank you. But now with the with your own brand of cigar glue, how did you want to see it? Oh? You have it here of course? Did I bring it to show coldly? I break it to show you. Yeah, this is it I want to see.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Oh it looks like the first round. Any people out there that are experts at this, get at me at Renegade, piranha.
Speaker 1: It looks very sexy. So how do you do it? What do you do?
Speaker 2: Papa lid uh huh? And then you're paint brush on it yeah. So throughout the years, whenever I would roll up myself, if you've seen it, if I'm sure people have can post videos of me doing it, I've seen it. I usually have a cup with a actual paint brush in it because it's the easiest way to precision apply okay, and then be able to go under it or whatever do all the things essentially would potentially do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I guess yeah, pause, So.
Speaker 2: It's perfect for that. So you just twist it up and then you literally see yeah, and it's food grade so you can get it. I don't see gest you do that, because now you just made it not sanitary, but it's edible one ingredient began gluten free and all that. But you would literally put it in place of your saliva. Okay, So wherever you would seal.
Speaker 1: It is where you would put it. Wow. So now do you go to different dispensaries and you sell these products?
Speaker 2: So those I'm currently looking to clone myself, if you guys also have access to someone who knows how to clone, somebody, keep their intelligence tapped in. I'll do that. But right now, I'm so nine years in to professional rolling. Are my hands okay, yes, they're okay, but I would like to sway from just the artisan part of the actual execution manufacturing of said to then getting in my educational bag and my consumption education bag. So I've been working on a book, okay, and I plan on teaching all over the world and one day doing like a course at Harvard about cannabis consumption, because it's a global think and there's no education on consumption, from how to consume quite literally, how to inhale exhale, how to dose yourself out, how to not deal with all of the things that come with it. Also then just regular education on it, because that's the biggest thing is and the more we know, the better everything is. And I know a lot and these this knowledge is not Some of it is obtained through knowing experts, and God bless the experts I know, but a lot of the should you really had to be there. So if you weren't there, what are we talking about? You don't know, You're just talking, You're just chatting. You don't know nothing, you don't know nothing, You're just talking. And that's the biggest thing too now is a lot of people are like, is AI helping with your book? Try to find education on cannabis on AI, I dare you at most AI can tell you is like different strain names maybe that have already been uploaded into a website that has the strains, but a lot of this knowledge, it's our duty to give it to the world to it then AI has something to spit out for you quickly. Yes, Like the complex knowledge has to be able to be taught in a simple way. So now we got to download all the shit out of our brains just from the thing, and then we can't play ourselves either. This really is expertise. This really is multi gazillion dollar industries that some people are still locked up for. We'll get to that later, but this is These are multi multimillion dollar, billion dollar businesses and industries. So education is always important.
Speaker 1: Yes, going back to your story, how long have you had the cigar glue out for? What is the name of this, It's called the Renegade, the renegade, the renegadess.
Speaker 2: Mitigate adhesive, Renegade cigar glue.
Speaker 1: How long has it been?
Speaker 2: So, I've been using it since for about nine years now, and that's why it's such a perfect product. I've rolled hundreds of that arguably half a million blunts and joints using it, using this exact formula, this consistency of it my own formula, and not one has fallen apart. And we've had quite famous people on big stages pull them out and light them after as much time since handing it off. So it's a tried and true product, and it's something that if you barely know how to roll, it'll.
Speaker 1: Make it easier.
Speaker 2: If you're a good roller, it'll make it hella easy. And if you're a master roller, you're about to go dumb because you've never seen something work so perfect.
Speaker 1: So where can people get? Get it and get it? Where can people get the Renegade?
Speaker 2: So right now Renegade dot com, Like I said, army of one and I know, but working on all of these things all together. So website is done. I just got to work out a couple of the little tiny kinks. You want to come join the team.
Speaker 1: So for the last nine years have people been able to purchase this through me? Through you directly? Okay? Perfect? Then once? So now you have at this point you're rolling professionally for a company. Then you're you have this client for a client for a cigar glue, and then how do you start gaining other clients?
Speaker 2: Is everything's been worth them out, everything's been worth of mouth for my whole life, which is why now I'm like, damn, imagine I actually like fake average, Like imagine I gave myself the marketing I've given all the brands I've done marketing for. Yeah, but it's cool. It's cool being sasquash and being bigfoot and like just doing what you do in the course and then one day they spot you and then it becomes a thing. So that also weirdly goes with my integrity to this whole thing, is that this wasn't what I pursued to get acknowledged for or whatever. But I believe there's always greater messages, or there's greaterst purposes to things. And I'm a hustler. You know how many people are now like, yo, I really do this. I make money. I found myself some clients. I didn't even know this was a thing. Yeah, shoutouts to all of you. I read all the messages. I'm sorry. I don't necessarily get back, but I'm learning too.
Speaker 1: At what point do you are you not working any other job but just doing blunt rolling?
Speaker 2: No, I've never believed in starving artists in any capacity. And as long as my heart is beating and my hands work and my legs even shit, even if my legs stop working, I'll figure it out. And my hands stop working, I'll figure it out. So No, I do believe in doing other things. Also, this is very like labor, and it's very repetitive. Yeah, I'm up here with a lot of my shit too, Not that I don't respect labor and things like that as a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're an entrepreneur for sure. Entrepreneur and artists, so clearly the mental is for sure. But in this industry that you're in, where it's very unique, people want your hands on their blunts. Yeah, how are you able to scale the business up where you're only working for yourself? One? And two? Is there a way to replicate replica yourself without harming the brand?
Speaker 2: Right? So the situation, No, it's it's really well said too. So other things I did. So we were talking about earlier, like how much bread were we making doing this? At the beginning it wasn't much, And to this day, I'll take any I got twenty four hours of my they only really got to sleep forty five minutes so I can work. But I was head of marketing for Eco Styler Jail Eco Jail. I worked for them from twenty seventeen to about twenty twenty one, and then I was head of marketing for Ampro, which is Shining Jam, another beauty brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, I know them.
Speaker 2: It's not going from Pepsi to Coca Cola Co Cola Pepsi, but that's neither here nor there. So then I worked with them for a couple of years, and just last year my time with Ampro came to a beautiful suite finish. Yeah, so now I'm much more into my rolling all the time bag. But that's also then why I have You have to picture where you're going. You have to put in your GPS where your destination is. It'll reroute you potentially we might even get deterred or delayed or whatever it might be. But I have to tell myself where I want to go. So where I want to go is education. Where I want to go is having. Also then a Renegade Parana line of auxiliary products. I like that that are geared towards consumption consumption excellence. I don't particularly care whether you like Sativa dominant or indicica dominant. That's your personal preference because it's medicinal. How you consume it. You like papers, you want to split, you want a blunt, you want to whatever. Then the blunt is you smoke, grab a leaf, you smoke woods, you smoke whatever.
Speaker 1: It is. Cool.
Speaker 2: This will make all of those experiences better, easier, more healthy, more sanitized, healthy, cleaner, And nobody wants to take somebody's spit when they Now I'm a proponent of smoke your own, but if you are going to pass it, please don't lick that thing and then give it to one of your friends, because that's horrible. I say, everybody smoke their own, leave me alone. Roll your own, no need to reach. We got enough for each. But no matter what the circumstances are, whether you're pow wow and cipher and dolo smoking in a cipher, whatever it is, smoke better.
Speaker 1: Is there other products that you're looking forward to do outside of the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so there's a lot of auxiliary products attached to that. So right now, the other thing I'm see, I don't want to give it all away, but there's other things I'm developing to help with my teaching courses to help with people's like dexterity, to help you gain your confidence when it comes to actually then grabbing that paper and twisting in and all those things a line of auxiliary products that are attached to the book. Okay, so then all everything obviously comes together or the book is then attached to the rolling.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Which one came first? To chicken on everything? Yeah, just eat the sandwich.
Speaker 1: So are you what's the day in the life of you? Right now?
Speaker 2: I've got to roll a pound of a guess And like future said, gotta roll the found up a guess? Then I really do. I actually got four of my house right now.
Speaker 1: They got to get rolled.
Speaker 2: So yeah, get up right now.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 2: I work out with Ashley Verrint in the morning.
Speaker 1: She was a guest to join.
Speaker 2: Ye see you in the morning. We get there at six thirty am.
Speaker 1: Six thirty And what time do you guys? Rep?
Speaker 2: Eight seven thirty about an hour we'll we get whooped?
Speaker 1: Where are you guys working at it? I'll tell you that later, Okay, come on, continue. I was just saying, la outside and outside it's in the park.
Speaker 2: So it's totally different too, because at the gym, you feel like you really are doing something and you get outside those elements become a part of it and you're like, oh, I'm not fit.
Speaker 1: I told Ashley when she came through that we work out again. We never did, so I'll definitely do a following.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's incredible and her boyfriend is who leads our class, so he's super fire guru Jay and it's no secrets. Just work on Instagram if you I want to follow them. But okay, we'd be at the park getting it in. I call it murder at the park because we really get killed up there every morning.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay, So a day in the life is you go to the gym first thing in the morning, then.
Speaker 2: With first ting mine, I get up at five.
Speaker 1: Your body looks amazing, thank you. Yes, So you get up at five and then.
Speaker 2: Get up at five and then I'm out my house by six and then I'm back home by eight. And then you give up a couple of things when you give up stability. Yeah, and so I haven't seen a weekend in fifteen years. Every day of my life is a Monday morning and then maybe a Friday night or Monday night, depending on how the nights, we might go to bed early. We might be up till two three in the morning working on whatever. Then that thing is so it really depends on what the clients want or like what the orders are. If it's a big dummy order, then I'm immediately going back home and rolling.
Speaker 1: Up, Yeah, showering. How long does it take roll a pound?
Speaker 2: So typically if I can, I request three to four days, so then I could do a quarter pound a day. But I've turned one in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah wow? But how long does it take you to physically do it?
Speaker 2: So whole thing, put it in, smooth it out, the whole thing, probably like less than sixty seconds.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, you're like a machine at this point.
Speaker 2: No, I've really broken my hands down to him. I was not there before. Promise you had. You caught me then, because you have to break your fingers. And then that's why when the homie asked, like how's your hands? Because I get asked that all the time, like how's your hands?
Speaker 1: You got art?
Speaker 2: I don't have hair braiders. Yeah, it's the same thing at that A lot of hair braiders don't use their finger muscles to move the hair. So now two things happen. They end up giving themselves really bad hand arthritis because they're not actually like properly. It's dexterity. You have to properly move your muscles the right ways if you do any sort of exercise. If you do it wrong, you pull a muscle and you're cramping your hands. So when you like fully engage your hand and don't lazy roll or don't lazy braid, end up having a lot more stamina. Okay, so I had to really truly you know how they say betomine cut between his fingers so you can get up. Yeah, I didn't really do that, but like somewhere, I had to really break my hands into not getting tired in this position and not getting tired in this position and holding it here and this oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow. Okay, So when do you get your orders? Are they now from companies or celebrities or is it like a mix.
Speaker 2: It's mainly private clients and like private events, and they'll just be like, hang at you brands because brands can't can't afford me. But if you can't holler at me.
Speaker 1: Because it's brands can't afford you.
Speaker 2: No, because a brand is looking for their bottom dollar a brand isn't also, and it also depends on the consumer. Some people are like, I'll just take any pre roll. Some people are like, no, I'm not smoking that. I want like an actual roll up of really good, exotic, high grade flower that's been grown in a really healthy, organic way without it. So the flower selection from the person is probably important. So it depends on who you're dealing with. Some people eat McDonald's every day or whatever, and they're cool with that. Some people hire a private chef to make sure that they can ensure that they're getting their nutritional return on investment when they can live a longer life. So are a fancy schmancy You're gonna be like, no, I need super high end flower, but I also don't want to sit around and roll it. Yeah, So then that's where then I enter the chat.
Speaker 1: Now, have you had anybody ever try to negotiate with you?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god?
Speaker 1: Yes? And what do you stay on camera? I feel like you keep moving around? She's good on camera right there? Sorry, So what do you do in those situations? Do you have a I don't deal with like cheap o's or whatever, because I know in business we have a saying like not all money is good money. When someone starts to haggle a little, I always getting nervous and saying, maybe I shouldn't do business.
Speaker 2: With them, no one yeah, and the wise words of the girlypop's brokey yeah, like we don't And it's not even because I'm cool. Also, like I believe in treating everyone where they are and respecting everyone for what they can offer you. If you only have this to offer, you're only offering me out of that. So I'm not going to be offended by small offers if that's what you have. But it's amazing, Like how many people who in your mind you're like, oh, I know they got red. Yeah, all those films and all those albums or all those games, all these championships, all those whatever it is that you're in your head, you're like, they got it. But a lot of times those clients are the ones that go back and forth or like they're used to maybe being gifted. And I have some of the best clients that are also really rich and they pay right on time and they're amazing. But you'd be surprised, and I'm not you, but some viewers may be surprised at who that like claims to.
Speaker 1: Be a baller really will.
Speaker 2: Like there's people right now that still owe me bread from the last order I gave them because they gave me a shortened amount of what the initial contract was.
Speaker 1: What and you have them signed to con you are do you have to do the collect dead in business for all those that don't know. Sometimes, if you are like an entrepreneur that's still trying to scale, you have to play a good cop backup, and collections is always like a very terrible dance. You can't if you can't pretend to be a back crop, because sometimes being the seller and being the collector almost has to be two different people. And so I know, for me, even with eating while broke, we still have to have good cop back cop because if you try to collect and you're also the seller, people can take it it's personal, or people can go, oh she'll understand or whatever. If you have your I have always in every company you own, I always have an imaginary bad cop that comes has a different alias and their job is to copy the real Colleen, which is me.
Speaker 2: And yeah, let's clone yourself.
Speaker 1: I literally just make up because it's emails. I make up another email with a whole nother identity and that person copies me, and then I am the good cop. I'm like, oh my gosh, the balance is it's so great. It's so great.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna email you Colleen now?
Speaker 1: But the truth of the matter is you can play good cop back hop and get your collections because if you don't have that bad cop. And this is what I'll say on the email, I'm like, damn, Joe in accounting is tripping over this invoice? Can you send it? Because I'm trying to I'm trying to root for you in this me on email talking to my fake self. You know what I'm saying out is gonna be really mad if she finds out exactly, And I swear to god it works.
Speaker 2: It works because they're like, you advocate for yourself, But it's hard to advregate for yourself. Like you said, when you're an entrepreneur, you can't go in and be like hey, because you're just excited to have a client. You're excited that somebody is supporting your business.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, especially if they're repeat too, it gets yeah, tricky.
Speaker 2: Thank god, I've never had for me. If you've been cool, you've been cool. The whole time in never one hour, and if you were a weirdo, we found out praise the Lord as soon as possible. But a lot of times you know what to bother those people because you're like, hey, I appreciate you even supporting me. But at the same time, like I was saying, this town is little. So if you let one person play with you in LA, it's what nobody's taking you serious.
Speaker 1: So what happens when a client has a balance due to you?
Speaker 2: We're done.
Speaker 1: Roll your own blunts, buddy, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: What you lucky out and take the shit to Twitter? You lucky out call my people and make them make blog posts about you.
Speaker 1: They're hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're wilent, what do you mean? And you got money, Like, why wouldn't you want to pay a small first of all human being who's just trying their hardest and wants to have some dignity about their life and make sure that they're getting I'm trying to make a dollar out of living innocent. Like my man said, I come on, why would you shit on me? And y'all be at the strip club making a rank shout out to those girls too, But come on. I know you have money, don't do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, make a rain, you feel like they do that. If a client does do it, they more or less do it because you are a woman. Do you think that plays, No, it's not at all.
Speaker 2: I think they're just bums. The ones who play are bums, and the ones who respect you respect anybody. The clients I have that and I love and this not for not. The ninety nine percent of my clients are wonderful person who like my clients are amazing, God bless them. And also I think people who patronize services I have a chef or I have a blunt roll, have a driver. I feel like, for the most part, they're really cool to those people. Yeah, and if you're one of those people you abused, I'm sure there's a hotline and you should call them and maybe you should do something about it. But for the most part, from what I see, everyone's nice. But people who play or who are like the scammy Scamdinavian. If you're Scamdinavian, then that you're trying to get ahead anyway. Yeah, so you're gonna try it on anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I agree. It's a character trait.
Speaker 2: It's a character trait. Yeah, like broke is a mind disease. It's a mindset because you're it's a mindset like you're not. Like I don't got nothing, but I got everything for my people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And if I got everything, then obviously you got everything too. But if I have nothing, whatever little tiny bit of nothing I have is yours. Some people want to take advantage of people. I'm sure it's got to do with Tati Ta Bonita's being on our bodies. I'm sure that has something to do with it, because patriarchy.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: We know what's going on here. We're not silly. I'm not silly. I'm never silly enough to not know what's going on. But I feel like broke is broke and bum is bummed. So if you're a bum, you're a bum.
Speaker 1: Throw them through in your industry. Do you feel like you need to have security ever? Yeah?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Wow, oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And how do your parents and your family feel about that? Do they worry?
Speaker 2: I'm really eight foot five.
Speaker 1: She's so fatigue, guys, she's so fatigue.
Speaker 2: I pull these abs out on you? What and I've been doing pushops? You can't tell me nothing.
Speaker 1: Now, you're hilarious. How can everybody keep up with everything?
Speaker 2: Renegade at Renegade Piranha Instagram. I have Renegade dot Com. I'm creating a community though. That's my biggest thing because I lack on social media because and I love you guys so much. But my hands are always busy rolling hilarious. So if you're my friend, you already know you gotta FaceTime me if you want to let me I'm not texting.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Oh you don't text it all.
Speaker 2: I can't brow. My hands are busy, and if you expect me to text, you don't respect what my life is made of.
Speaker 1: And how many hours of a day do you? Would you say you contribute to rolling at this point.
Speaker 2: Depends on the day, but I will say anywhere. Depends on the day. It depends on what it is. But on a light day, an hour because it's like really tiny order. But that those are very rare and they happen over out of town, so we already pre rolled for them for the month or something like that, and then you see that and then for the rest of it, it's like a good eighteen hours. I mean, I really sit there cross side, and I fall asleep in my chair. Wow. And I wake back up.
Speaker 1: Like this, and I get back to it, and you still after all of this, you still like smoking it.
Speaker 2: I gotta get through the day.
Speaker 1: You're hilarious.
Speaker 2: I I don't want to go to jail, okay. Also it's medicinal. Also PTSD war baby trying to get money in this like that's crazy? So you got I wish I strive to be a viceless individual. I think we all should. I think if you are lucky enough to be a viceless individual, you should definitely stay there. But if you find yourself fucked up broke while trying to eat, you might need a smoker joint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Thank you guys for tuning in, and follow Renegade online and go ahead and order the Renegade cigargle. Is it called cigar glue? I I love the packaging on this.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love you, Colleen A, my Jamaican star.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thank you for tuning in. Peace Out,