Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club Morning, Everybody's dj n V Jess hilarious, charlamage the guy we all the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Laurla Ross is feeling in for Jess.
Speaker 2: And if you're just joining us, we're talking about some comments that applies made over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Let's listen.
Speaker 3: But everybody who expected the ones who looked like me and the men who look like me, who quick the she calma want my vote?
Speaker 4: She needs to explain herself to me what she gonna do for the black people.
Speaker 3: Listen, stop asking the mother black woman to explain herself to y'all. If y'all ain't willing to ask you mother, white man, did mother explain himself? Y'all y'all cool with the white man out explaining herself.
Speaker 4: She want my vote? She needs to explain herself.
Speaker 3: She ain't mother asking the white man explain his mother. Well, she she been in the office already three and a half year. Why she ain't do all the things she said she was gonna do because she ain't the mother president. That's why when you go to the most mic, no, that lady that's the manager, she won't get to do it.
Speaker 5: She want to do. She might can give you some prise, but she.
Speaker 3: Can't change the price of that mother for quarter pounds up though that ain't that mother lay the White House.
Speaker 5: She just like the mouth you following. But y'all know that most of y'all, but y'all just won't sum the mother.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, what are your thoughts? Let's start with you, Lauren, what do you think?
Speaker 6: I feel like on my timeline on Twitter, from what I see, people are asking questions, people are questioning, Like the biggest thing I see is like people asking where was she? Why didn't she do this? And the stuff about the black men. But a lot of that those questions and those things have been like debunked or like people put more information.
Speaker 2: But shouldn't people ask she's a politician, but she represents us and wants to represent us. So no matter if she's white, black, green, yellow man woman, if somebody's representing us, wouldn't you want to ask them as much as possible to feel comfortable with them.
Speaker 7: That's the reason for the campaign season. That's exactly what's supposed to be done.
Speaker 6: I just think because she's the new kid at school, like it seems like it's a lot more her way. But I think that that's just what comes with it. And I just also think too people are sensitive when it comes to black women. Some people are and rightful, she's a politician, right we did it.
Speaker 2: We did it to Biden, we did it to Barack, we did it to Donald Trump, we do it to any politician. We should be doing it mored percent.
Speaker 6: But I think no matter what, this whole campaign season and even when she wins, there's always going to be some sensitivity from certain people because she's a woman and she's a black woman. So I think that's where Applies is leaning in, like he's jumping in on that state. But you suppose to ask questions of people. It just feels like it's all break, like it's all coming down on her once because she's the new kid at school.
Speaker 8: Applies is absolutely positively wrong. If people are asking questions, that's great. I don't even know why Applies is making this a black woman versus black man thing. This isn't about black men and black women. It's about elected officials and potential voters. The whole point of campaign season is for candidates to go out there and explain to the American people why they should be the one in charge of this country. Votes are earned, not given, and they are earned through you going out there and explaining yourself. Vice President Kamala Harris has to go out there and explain her agenda and why she's the person for the job. Former President Donald Trump I have to go out there and explain his agenda and why he should be the person to get his job again. You know, I get the job again. I don't understand Plies or any black person for that matter, telling black people to just settle, just accept whatever the candidate is giving. You don't ask any questions.
Speaker 1: But they've been doing it.
Speaker 9: They don't have to anything to us.
Speaker 2: They've been doing for a long time, even with with Biden. When we ask questions Biden, well it's the best of two evils, you know what I mean, You got to pick one.
Speaker 1: But no, if you have questions, people should be able to ask. That's the point of a politician, right.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to represent us, represent our district, represent our country.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't we ask forget?
Speaker 8: And by the way, they should be explaining without us asking. That's the whole point of them doing these press conferences in the meeting. The same way these politicians have meetings for their donors, and they have rallies and press conferences explaining themselves and their agendas to certain groups, they should have to explain themselves to black people.
Speaker 9: The same way applies. Is a billion percent wrong.
Speaker 1: But let's let's go to the phone line.
Speaker 10: Hello, who's this Jefferson?
Speaker 1: Jefferson, gome on to where you call it from.
Speaker 10: I'm calling from nine one four Westchester, Yonkers, White Plains, Greenberg, New York.
Speaker 2: Right, did you go to the Locks concert this weekend? The Locks was performing in New York. They brought out ll See and brought out Ghosts.
Speaker 10: I actually didn't go, but I heard about it. I wish I did go out out the Locks.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, jeffs. What's your thoughts? What's your opinion?
Speaker 10: All right? So I'm a professional New Yorker, Right, I don't know what Plaza was really saying. I wish he could really communicate. He's a grown man, he's over forty. He should communicate better. But everyone thinking Kamala doesn't have to answer. We're not. Even if I'm not voting for her or voting for her, you still got to explain yourself on this type of level of job. I know we you know, I know we want to support off of off of the complexion, but like we need to know that you're a good representation. Look, we had Obama. He was a good representation for us, a good entryway, good, a good marker. Kamala do the same. A lot of us, not just not just melanated people, but a lot of humans are just looking at her for just like a direction. Just show us that you know what you're doing so we could really pump you how you want us to pump you out here?
Speaker 8: She's applying for a job. That what applies the saying is like going to a room when you get requested for a job interview. Don't and and don't say nothing. I'm gonna just sit there and looking. I'm goosed to just sit there and look at you.
Speaker 6: They took it easy on her, then that would be a whole issue too. Like if people didn't access of her because she is a black woman, it would be like y'all giving her past because of color. The same why people upset when people say they voting for her because of her color?
Speaker 9: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: This is kill kid?
Speaker 1: Good morning, What are your thoughts to apply said.
Speaker 12: I feel like I agree with him, like truly, I feel like people really don't want a black woman in the office, and that's the main problem. Like y'all put Trump in there with a person that had no experience on political reasons. But when a black woman wanted to come in there and have experience and did it for us, nobody want to give her a chance. Everybody shine her off.
Speaker 8: So you think Donald Trump didn't have to explain himself. You think Donald Trump didn't have to go out there to the American people and campaign. You didn't think Donald Trump was so all of those lies Donald Trump was telling folks and all of these things he was saying he was going to do. You don't think that wasn't explaining himself.
Speaker 12: No, Donald Trump, I feel like it was an ad in an act that everybody loved at the time, and it act for what. I don't know, but it was an ad and it's.
Speaker 8: Like it was it was an act, but he was still explaining himself. That is what campaigning is. When you see these people on TV and they're having these rallies and these press conferences and these interviews.
Speaker 12: Huh, if you're at this for something. If you're at in I'm being a character. I'm not myself. So how I'm going to give a person a true effanation on what I'm doing. I don't really know why I'm doing. It's an ad, it's not the truth, it's not what I'm truly trying to give.
Speaker 9: Once again, did once again.
Speaker 8: When you see when you see people having these rallies, these elected officials having these rallies, these press conferences, these interviews, they are explaining themselves to the American people. Vice President Kamala Harris and Tim wallas A doing an interview with NBC News this week because they're going to explain the self to the American people. Just like last week at the DNC when she gave her speech, she was explaining herself to the American people.
Speaker 1: And she should, like, she should explain this.
Speaker 9: They all should. Yes.
Speaker 8: Just to say an elected official shouldn't have to explain himself is insane to me.
Speaker 1: It sounds crazy.
Speaker 2: I look at it like, as we're hiring them for a job, and you have to make me want to hire, You have to make me want to vote, You have to tell me your policies, You gotta tell me what your plans are, and if I don't like it, I don't have to hire you. I'm not hiring you because of anything, but what what what's my best interest? And you gotta explain that.
Speaker 6: To calm down though now because she's starting to address more things like people just really want questions. I think it will because it'll be repeated. People will get tired of here, and I'm trying to tell you it's just new. That's why it feels like it's hitting herselfing.
Speaker 8: You know why it won't calm down because every time she puts something on the table, it's gonna be it's gonna be scrutinized. They're gonna break it apart, just like when every time Donald Trump puts them on the table, it's scrutinized, breaking apart.
Speaker 12: JD.
Speaker 9: Van has been explaining these cat lady comments for two three weeks, you know, and and he should have to.
Speaker 6: But do you not feel like it's so I agree with that, all of it, But do you not feel like it's high end a bit or sensationalized a bit because of her being a woman and a black woman.
Speaker 8: I think it's heightened and sensationalized for her because she came on to the campaign.
Speaker 9: With what ninety days the win?
Speaker 8: Right, Well, people got ninety days to make a decision, so you know, after the debate ended, and then you know, a week later or however it was, she became the nominee or not officially the nominee, but everybody said she was gonna be at the top of the ticket. She didn't give an interview for three weeks. You know why everybody made that such a big deal because she only got she only had ninety plus days to win. Now she got seventy plus days to win because of the nature of her campaign and how she became the nominee.
Speaker 9: That's why she's gonna get even more scrutiny.
Speaker 2: Well what eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one were also on Live glam Millionaire six is y'all saying we didn't question the white man. I'm forty one around PLA's age. A lot of y'all don't worry about politics until it's a popularity issue like this one.
Speaker 1: We should question everybody.
Speaker 9: Everybody I don't know who didn't question the white man. That's all I did. Y'all was on my head for questioning Biden too much. Don't jump. Don't you talk about my uncle Joe like that? Man, don't you talk about my masthew. No, don't you cut that out? You talk my master to drop out? You know, you talk about my master like that Charla Man.
Speaker 2: Now somebody says he didn't say. She shouldn't explain herself. Just stop being extra hard on herself. No, huh, I guess talking about what Plies was saying about.
Speaker 6: Basically, people are being too hard on her, like she's getting unfair treatment.
Speaker 7: That's what that person are.
Speaker 8: People being too hard on Trump. They're running for president of the United States of America.
Speaker 9: This is what comes with it. By the way, she knows that just ain't come, she said.
Speaker 8: The vice president of the first Rodeo but also too was the first Attorney general that was a black Indian woman, the first uh uh Senate Senate Senate person and Senate senator that was an African American woman in California, an Indian woman, first bike president that was an Indian woman.
Speaker 7: That she's used to this to this having her name mispronounced.
Speaker 2: It's kamal Little guys, Kamalaina La Kamala Lah eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? Who apply said let's play.
Speaker 9: It right now.
Speaker 3: But everybody who expecially the ones who look like me and the men who look like me who quick I karma want my vote?
Speaker 4: She need to explain herself to me what she gonna do for the black people.
Speaker 3: Listen, stop asking the mother black woman to explain theyself to y'all. If y'all ain't willing to ask the mother white man, did mother explain himself? Y'all, y'all cool with the white man out explaining herself?
Speaker 4: She want my vote? She needs to explain herself.
Speaker 3: She ain't mother asking the white man explain his mother? Well, she she been in the office already three and a half year.
Speaker 4: Why she ain't do.
Speaker 5: All the things she said she was gonna do? Be cause she ain't the mother president. That's why when you go to the most mic, do that lady that's the manager. She want me to do what she want to do.
Speaker 3: She might can give you some prise, but she can't change the price of that mother for quarter pounds up though that ain't that mother lay the White house.
Speaker 5: She just like the mouth you fall in line. But y'all. Mother know this, most of y'all, but y'all just want some of the mothers to say.
Speaker 1: We'll take your calls on what he had to say.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning everybody in dj NV.
Speaker 2: Just ceilarious, Charlamaine the goud We are the breakfast Club now if you're just joining us. Of course, Laura la Ross is filling in for Jess. We're asking your questions about what Flies said. Let's listen to what Flies had to say over the weekend about Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: But everybody who especially the ones who looked like me and the men who look like me, who quick.
Speaker 4: The Kamla want my vote? She needs to explain herself to me what she gonna do for the black people.
Speaker 3: Listen, stop asking the mother black woman to explain herself to y'all. If y'all ain't willing to ask the mother white man, did mother explain himself? Y'all y'all cool with the white man out explaining herself? She want my vote, She needs to explain herself. She ain't mother asking the white man explain his mother. Well, she she been in the office already three and a half. You why she ain't do all the things she said she was gonna do because she ain't the mother for president. That's why when you go to the most Mike, No, that lady that's the manager.
Speaker 5: She want me to do what she want to do. She might can give you some prime, but she can't.
Speaker 3: Change the price of that mother for quarter pound up though. That ain't that mother, lady white House. She just like the mouth you falling line. But y'all mother know that most of y'all, But y'all just want some to mother to say.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's take some phone calls. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Yeah, this is Frick Chris.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Where you calling from?
Speaker 13: I'm calling from Florida, Florida.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you think about what? Ply said?
Speaker 13: Yeah, So I listen to you guys every morning, and I gotta say, you guys say you're not very biased, but everything you guys say is all about one side. It's never never buy partisan. Man. I gotta I gotta be honest. That's why I'm calling. He just said, Well, just I was literally just said, don't ask questions. She's a black woman. We don't need to ask questions, just vote for it and then you know. Charlemagne was at the d n C. He said, oh, I like a message. You didn't tell us about a message.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 9: I did tell you about the message. But I also disagree with flies.
Speaker 8: I feel like every politician should have to explain himself, including Vice President Kamala Harris, like, I think it's ridiculous to tell an elected official not to explain themselves to the people that they want to.
Speaker 9: Vote for them.
Speaker 13: Absolutely. I mean, you know, the other day too, you had somebody on that was like pretty much saying the same thing, like I'm gonna vote for Christmas.
Speaker 8: Blacks, being sarcastic though he was saying that's what people want him to feel and want him to think.
Speaker 13: Right, right, But I feel, you know, you guys have a huge following, a lot of people listening to your message. I think it's awesome that you guys come on and you know, spread the side so that we can get you know, the right people in. But I just feel I listen every morning, I'm like, man, it's a little too one side.
Speaker 1: I don't see how we've had everybody from one side we have from the other side. Independence.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you why I love doing what I do. I love doing what we do here on the Breathace Club because earlier this year y'all said we were maga, definitely said we were megaga. Now we're back being liberals. Y'all gotta pick, y'all which one is it?
Speaker 9: Which one is it? Hello?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 1: Pete AKP?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 11: I just want to I want black people to understand that, Yes, transparency is key when you're running a campaign. However, there is a process once you're running into policies has to go through Senate, has to go through Congress. The president does not also have the opiate power as we assume. So y'all just keep up, read the books, and y'all learn a little bit more.
Speaker 9: Well, that got to do with what apply I said though, Why I.
Speaker 11: Said that she the president, she don't have to tell us what what's going on?
Speaker 13: But that's not true.
Speaker 8: Oh, I agree, that's right, that's that's that's exactly right. She Yes, that's what that was the question. Man, I don't know why you tried to call up in you know, shameless for not knowing civics.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this super Hey, good morning, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 14: Good morning? I feel like as black men, they need to ask theirselves what have they done for the community? As a black man, what have they done for our younger black boys?
Speaker 10: Instead of why.
Speaker 14: They're so upset with Commelin And she needs to explain herself, No, explain why you haven't done what you need to do in your community before you sit and ex her what has she done?
Speaker 9: I agree with you.
Speaker 14: All they have done was huh.
Speaker 9: I agree with what you're saying as far as uh.
Speaker 8: You know, before you point the finger at somebody else, you should ask yourself what you're doing. But these are elected officials that are asking us for our votes to put them in these positions of power. So I don't find I don't think there's anything wrong with asking an elected official to explain themselves.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's nothing wrong with that, but they need to ask themselves first. My thing is what have you done? She's the vice president, she's not the president yet, right, but she's you can't she wants.
Speaker 2: To do and if you don't necessarily agree with her plans of what she wants to do, you can question that.
Speaker 10: And yeah you can't.
Speaker 14: But have they questioned the other.
Speaker 8: What you're going to do all Donald All Donald Trump does is get questions. Donald Trump doesn't get You're.
Speaker 7: Just so like it's normal. Now you're new too. It's because she knew kid at school and it's the thing to talk about.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 15: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 9: Brother? The four three? What was happening? What your thoughts?
Speaker 10: I charlot man?
Speaker 15: Hey, man, I want to say this. I'm all the way mad applies. But it's kind of Williams standing up. You can't be a smart dumb brother, you know, like that, like it's smart the question the white man. But at the same time, you can't be ignorant, not question saying everybody who's running for anything, I agree, you know what I'm saying, they got that problem. And to say, show me a rich politician, I'll show you a corrupt one.
Speaker 13: We can't say I grew up with this lady.
Speaker 15: We don't know how like that respectfully, Like it's not his aunt.
Speaker 4: He speaks like.
Speaker 7: And listen because a lot of people like that.
Speaker 15: And by the way, respectfully, I get it, but but she ain't.
Speaker 8: Hey, I'm saying this as a supporter of the Vice president Okay, yes, question her, Yes, ask her to explain herself. And I don't know why we do this with every Democratic candidate. Black people don't question Joe Biden, don't question Kamala Harris.
Speaker 9: Cut it out.
Speaker 8: Black people don't settle ask questions. Make these presidential candidates explain themselves, especially if you are undecided what your vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comic cool underscore zero zero seven.
Speaker 2: I think he put it right. He said this sounds silly. Y'all are supposed to question the people who are representing you. You just don't want somebody that you don't know what they are are focused on or what their policies are. You are supposed to question the people that represent us.
Speaker 1: It just sounds right.
Speaker 9: Stop it and applies. Applies.
Speaker 8: You're offending the vice president. She wouldn't want that because she knows what comes with this. She's been in politics for a long time. The VP is tougher than most.
Speaker 9: Trust me.
Speaker 8: As soon as she became at the top of the ticket, even before that, she knew what comes with all of this. Don't get me wrong, She's still a human being at the end of the day. But trust me, she's built for the scrutiny she's built for the criticism. She's built to have to go out there and explain herself to the American people.
Speaker 2: And like Charlamagne said, and Lauren said this as well, you should be questioning everybody, your local congress people, your mayor's, the people that represent your district, the people that you're voting for, even the principal at your school. You should be questioning those people that represent you that's going to be pushing policies that's supposed to be affecting you.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be questioning all these people.
Speaker 8: I've been supporting Kamala Harris and she was in the Senate in twenty eighteen when we first bought her up here on the Breakfast Club and I sat here and looked at her and told her, I think she's going to be President of the United States of America one day.
Speaker 9: And guess what.
Speaker 8: Throughout that whole time, I've supported her, But I've also been critical of Hearticus also after tough questions.
Speaker 9: That's just what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 8: So don't listen to nobody telling you that you shouldn't be asking these elected officials and these people running for office to explain themselves that's.
Speaker 9: The whole point of campaigning.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 9: They go out there and explain yourself to people.
Speaker 2: Agree, Come on, applies, Well we got we got just with the mess with Laura Larrossa coming out, what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yes, we are gonna get back into Beyonce at the DNC and kind of what went down there At this point, now it's turned into like a conspiracy theory almost, like people are trying to figure out if that was all just stage to push some reviews and ratings behind Commalis speech.
Speaker 7: So we're gonna get into that car I.
Speaker 8: Don't even know from Lauren Lorosso who used to work at TMC. How does that happen at TMC? How do TMD get it so wrong?
Speaker 7: We're gonna get into it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get into I have some thoughts, all right, we'll get into that next. So don't move.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 9: The Breakfast Club