Speaker 1: Hi, everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome to The Phillies Show with Ruben Tomorrow Junior, Jim Salisburry. I am Todd the Lucky. It is Friday, May twenty fourth, twenty twenty four. The Phillies are on this incredible run. They're thirty seven and fourteen. It's the best start in franchise history. They're in their best thirty five game stretch in franchise history. No team has gotten off to I start like this since the two thousand and one Mariners. So many good things going on, including this homestand they go seven to one on the home stand. They just swept the defending World Series champion Texas Rangers. They had a packed house on a beautiful Thursday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park. And as I'm watching these games, and as I see them continue to rack up wins over and over, night after night after night, part of me is just sitting last yesterday afternoon, I'm sitting at home and I'm watching this and I'm going, is this is this really happening? It's it's it's almost kind of hard to believe the type of run that this team is on. I've I've never seen anything like this before.
Speaker 1: It is complete insanity though, I mean it's insane. I was there at broadcasting these games, and I actually don't typically do you know, the home games, that's Cruoky's job. But but I've got these last six games, and these guys are insane right now. They cannot lose. It's almost as if, you know, I think, I think it's a crescendo of a lot of things happening. But one of the big things, obviously is the pitching. The starting pitching has been extraordinary. But even when they're getting like mediocre pitching, when Taiwan Walker took them out, they still had success. And it's one of those things like I compare them right now to the team like the ninety eight, ninety six, ninety seven, ninety eight Yankees that literally, if you made one mistake in the game, the Phillies would take advantage of it and you get blown out and that's the game. The game's over. And even if it was even like the two run or the three run, they're ahead like two or three runs, and you still think it's sort of a blowout. I mean, it's just bizarre the teams that they're handling these teams in this way, because you almost feel it and sense it from the other teams, and you sense it from the home dugout the Phillies dugout that they're winning a baseball game and that's period, end of story. And that's an amazing attitude. It's it's it's a wonderful thing to see if you're a Phillies fan. I'm loving it because there's so many elements of the game that I believe in that they're doing really really well. That makes me feel like a man, this is really baseball. They're they're starting. Pitching is excellent, They're throwing strikes in an alarming rate. They are not walking people, they are there, their situational hitting has been off the charts, and I mean they're it's they're doing everything they're supposed to do to win baseball games, and they're doing it fundamentally better than everybody else and physically better than everybody else.
Speaker 3: Jim, Yeah, what a home stand. I mean, you go seven and one, the smallest crowd in that homestand was thirty seven almost thirty eight, thousirty seven plus four sellouts. This team and this fan base is crackling with electricity, and why not best record in baseball, best start over fifty one games in franchise history. They now lead to majors in era and starting pitching era they lead them and starting pitching innings pitched. I mean, it's really kind of an old school feel because they're getting so many innings out of their starting pitchers. They're getting six plus innings out of their starting pitches on average for the season. And you know, I've almost a couple things. One, I expect them to win every time they step on the field, so you might, you might I think they expect to win. I mean, I'm watching that game yesterday from the press box and Zach Wheelers down one nothing, and I'm like, okay, I still think, you know, when are they going to take control of this game. It's only a matter of time, it feels inevitable. And of course they did, and they went on to uh sweep the defending World Series champions. And I've almost forgotten. And I've covered the Phillies for a long time. I've seen a lot of losing streaks, but this team has not lost back to back games, now consecutive games in a month, so they haven't even had a little losing streak. I mean, that's to me an astounding stat They have not lost back to back games in one month. I mean, there's still that narrative out there. They haven't played anybody, they haven't played great teams. They have a soft schedule. You can only play one team, the team that the schedule, you know, mister schedule maker sends you that night. And they're grinding up those teams. I mean they would they would be playing, they would they would have faced more teams over five hundred, like if they hadn't beaten them, like the Padres and the Giants have been kind of treading water around five hundred. Little Phillies have beaten those teams and thrown them who thrown them under five hundred. But you know, I mean, this is not about strength to schedule. This is about winning ball games. And they got a hell of a team. Todd, Yeah, you know who's a great team.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to know. Well, totally.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I saw Matt Breen, a friend of the pod from the Inquiry, he put out a great tweet the other night. But like, I've never seen so much obsession about strength to schedule. This is not the BCS, This is not Boise State racking up wins again cupcakes to get into the college football playoff. Wins and losses all comp the same. So the Phillies against teams with losing records are thirty three and twelve. It's a seven thirty three winning percentage, right. I went back and I looked, this is what I do in my spare time. I went back and I looked at all the one hundred game winners this century from two thousand to twenty twenty three. Only they're thirty five one hundred win teams. Only four had a better winning percentage against losing teams. So the idea that this is what everybody does. They're only winning because they're playing teams with losing records. Even the really good teams this century have not beaten the bad teams at a clip like this. And I know you guys probably feel the same way. I don't watch these games, even against the losing teams and say, man, I'm telling you what, if they were playing the Braves tonight, they would have they would have gotten they would have won that game because they are playing clean baseball for the most part. They make a mistake here and there, but I'm not watching these games going man, they are so lucky they're playing the Nationals this weekend. They are so lucky they played the White Sox this weekend. They are doing exactly what they're supposed to do. And of those one hundred win teams, you know, five won the World Series less century. Eight made the World Series a century.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But so they're they're they're not just beating bad teams, they're beating them at at a rate that really good teams have not even done over the past twenty four seasons.
Speaker 1: It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: So the go ahead.
Speaker 1: So the one so, the one team that I played for that I felt like this as a player was the team in ninety five, the Cleveland Indians. We won one hundred games out of one hundred and forty four. Think about that. It was one hundred and forty four. That was the record of the team at the end of the season. And so they were fifty six games over five hundred and so that was one of those teams that they bashed. It wasn't a great pitching team. The Phillies have a much much better starting rotation and in a better bullpen than that ball club. That ball club had an amazing offense. You know, it had you know, Albert Bell and Kenny Lofton and many Ramier's, Jim Tomey, Eddie Murray. I mean, it was an amazing Carlos Bierga. You know, some guys you could really really rake, and they they racked up numbers, but it was like, like you said, Jim, the team took like a one nothing leader, two nothing leaders, like Okay, no big deal, this game's over. We're gonna win at nine to two or nine to four or whatever the heck, you know. And that's that's exactly the feel I have with this team that it doesn't really matter. They're gonna come back and do some damage and have grat at bats, and it doesn't matter who it is. It's gonna be in Mondeseshosa or it's gonna be it doesn't have to be Brice Harper, it's gonna be Cody Clemens, and it's gonna be you know, all types of guys up and down the lineup who are just going to do some damage and it's just an amazing run.
Speaker 2: I loved what Rob Thompson said the other day, I think it was after the win on Wednesday night. He was asked about getting off to the best start in baseball since the two thousand and one Mariners. And he said, well, what did they do, Well, they won one hundred and sixty game. No, but what did they do at the end? Well, they didn't win the World Series? And I think that's I thought. I loved, loved, loved that answer because and I really truly feel that that is the attitude in that clubhouse. This is great, but keep your eye on the prize. They fell short the last two years late in the postseason, talking to players in spring training, they felt they should have won the World Series. Last year, they really felt that they blew an opportunity to win the World Series. I think that's hung with them. I think filling two wins short of the World Series in twenty two was hung with them. And I think beating the Braves in the NLDS the last two years to those hundred win teams is also another reminder that this is great, but keep your eye the price. And I feel so anybody that's kind of worried about any lack of edge or whatever, I think this play team is playing focused. And I also think that they're playing with an edge and a purpose that a lot of great teams have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rob talks a lot about staying humble, and I think it's a sound message, but I don't think it's needed with this group because there is a palpable hunger. I still look at twenty twenty two, getting the Game six of the World Series is a great accomplishment, sure, but a little bit of a bonus. Last year I think is the one that was the gut punch for this team, and there's still sucking wind a little privately, quietly sucking wind a little bit from it. And that's the one that gnaws at them and is fueling this team right now because and I just I don't think they're gonna let I don't think losing their edge complacency is going to be a problem, because you know, the manager delivers the subtle messages. But I just think that the leadership in that clubhouse is fully committed and they have enough veterans to know that you've got to keep moving forward, and you know you're playing good right now. It's still technically springtime, but it's all about what happens in the fall for this team. So I don't have any worry about the intangible qualities in that clubhouse. I think I just think, you know, they are very, very motivated and very hungry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned about that. I think of the twenty eleven team, you know, after we lost in twenty eleven, I think that that next year. That's one of the reasons why I went out and got papal Bond and decided to add on because I felt like, I know that this team knows that they lost an opportunity and a little bit like two thousand and seven to two thousand and eight, they were grinding at the bit to try to get back to it, and then the guys sort of fell apart. I mean, everybody sort of got hurt and then it kind of blew up on us. But in twenty twelve and then we sort of had to reverse reversed gears. But you're right about that there is a hunger in there and there is a drive in there too. You know that the prize is one thing, and I do believe that these guys believe that that it's World Series Champion or bust. I think that's the attitude, and that's okay, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: You know, one thing they've they've they did well in twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three is playover injuries, and they lost Harper for a time in both seasons, they lost Hoskins, they lost Wheeler a little bit down the stretch in twenty twenty two, and lo and behold, they're doing it again. I know it's not like a long injury for Trey Turner, but you know he's been out. I think he's gonna get back here soon. He's ramping up his workout. It's going to do another one today, Denver. But the way they've covered that loss, I mean they're fifteen and three without them.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. And listen, listen, listen. That's that's an MVP caliber player. I mean I picked him to be an MVP this year. And like, if you start thinking that the numbers that from when he started, when they got the applause, from the time that happened to now, I mean you think, look at his numbers, dur MVP type numbers. I mean the regally totally.
Speaker 3: We I think we need to show a little accountability here on the Todd Pod because when Trey Turner went down, I think all three of us to a man, said yeah, they'll probably slide stot over and give wit Maryfield some time at second base. That'll be their best lineup. Maybe you know a little bit with ed Mundo Sosa against a lefty at shortstop. Well at Mundo Sosa must have heard those remarks and said, screw you guys. He has been He has been flat out awesome since Trey Turner went out. He's hitting three forty two, six extra base hits, nine RBIs and a ten thirty four ops. Also playing excellent defense. Rubin that catch he made back pedaling yesterday going back into the outfield. I mean little plays like that, that ball drops in all of a sudden, that dugout on the other side becomes alive. There's another runner on base, you know, Wheeler, you know, you.
Speaker 4: Never know a play like that, a play like that is it can be a game shaper.
Speaker 3: And he's done a great job. So hats off to ed Mundo Sosa, you know, he you know, much like I think the Arizona loss last year, maybe is uh, you know, resonating or staying with that team and motivating that clubhouse. I guess he just you know, says I'm gonna show those guys on the Todd Pop.
Speaker 2: Who knew he was a listener who knew he was a.
Speaker 1: Listener, but yeah, I love him too. I love him as a player and I love him as a person. He is a great, great young man.
Speaker 3: Play with a lot of energy, A lot of energy. Man. I love the energy when you're winning and you're playing well. It's easy to play with energy. But energy is such a difference, making intangible really in anything you do. And it's just he is just radiating it and it's fun to watch him playing.
Speaker 1: Well. You think back again, go ahead time. I'm sorry, no, no, no go.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you think back to when they got him a couple of years ago at the trade deadline. It was I don't want to say it was an under the radar move, but people are kind of going, all right, where's the neck, where's the real move coming in because he was struggling with the Cardinals. And listen, if you're in Philly, you don't know much about Edmundo Sosa.
Speaker 1: You just look.
Speaker 2: You go to Baseball reference page. You go, this guy's hitting two hundred. This is we gave up Jojo Romero. The guy throws ninety six. He's a left handed reliever. He smashes red bull cans on his head and we're getting a middle infielder that can't hit, you know, over two hundred and think about how valuable he's been over the passcal years, the energy, the defense, and think about just what he's done over these past you know, fourteen games in trade Turner's place, or you know fifteen eighteen games in trade Turner's place.
Speaker 1: And this is the beauty of what Rob Thompson also brings to the table because he gave this guy opportunities. He loved on this guy, he awardly. I really liked this guy. He liked his actions, he liked his energy, He wanted him on the field. He put him in situations to have success. And I think the kid like says, thank you, thank you for giving me that love, thank you for believing in me. You're giving me opportunities to play even with a team that's sort of stacked, and I'm producing for you. I mean, this is really really good stuff, man. This is this is like come full circle type stuff that that really makes a difference. And I think it gives you the brilliance of what Rob Thompson's about. We talked about, you know, the comments that you that he made about that winning that that that Seattle team and you know what they did at the end. And I think this pert the team has taken on the personality of this of this manager as well as anyone. And they're just going about it and grinding it and doing it in a confident but not cocky way, and they're enjoying themselves in a professional way. It's it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Very they're very steady, like their manager's personality, just you know, very steady. And that's something I think that's required in baseball because it's it's every day. It's not a bang your head against the locker sport and go out and take somebody's head off. It's it's you know, there's a there's a languid steadiness to it. And I'm not suggesting suggesting that it doesn't have intensity and passion and you know, I'm not suggesting any of that. It's it's a hard hitting sport, but in a different way.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think it's fun about this run is that, as a from a baseball writer's perspective, is all the history that's being brought up, you know, best thirty five games stretched since the eighteen ninety two Phillies you know, Ranger Suarez is off to the best start of any Phillies starting pitchers since Grover Cleveland Alexander. You know, I think that stuff is a lot of fun too, and I think that stuff gets fans excited. Best best thirty five game stretches eighteen ninety two. Ed Dela Hanty, Sam Thompson, and Billy Hamilton were on that team. Can you guys give me any fun facts? But any of those three Hall of Fame outfielders, Let's see what jumps out at.
Speaker 3: Billy Hamilton his nickname was Sliding Billy right.
Speaker 2: Because he apparently was a fantastic slider.
Speaker 3: Like turner, like turner. And wasn't Ed Delahanty the guy that went over Niagara Falls?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes? And who's the other guy? Correct?
Speaker 1: Sam Thompson? I got nothing, I got.
Speaker 3: An I'm not familiar with Sam Thompson.
Speaker 1: They're all in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: But Ed Delahanty, I think it's such a you know, such an eighteen hundreds, late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundred story. He died mysteriously falling into the Niagara Falls coming off a train.
Speaker 3: But was that on a team trip?
Speaker 1: No, that wasn't that was not on a team that was an off season trip. But the mystery remains. You know, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 2: This So this weekend, the Phillies opened a three game series against the Rockies. Christopher Sanchez Friday Night against lefty Ty Block, He's one and two with a five one to four e RA. Saturday's Aaron Nola versus Dakota Hudson. He's one and seven with a five eight ninety RA. Sunday Rangers Suarez aka Grover Cleveland Alexander versus cal Quantrille three three with a three five niney RA six game road trip, West Coast road trip. They can always be a little hairy, but this team seems to be pretty well equipped to handle anything anything throwing its way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. It's it's obvious that the Colorado Rockies are one of the worst teams in the National League. Yeah, they're coming off a super tough loss. They just lost a tough one. They were up like four to nothing a couple of times late in the game and in an extra innings this last game. And their bullpen has just really struggled. They just don't throw enough strikes. But you can't take any of these teams. Lightly, you're going into thin air here up in the you know, at cors Field, it's a whole different atmosphere. They're not going to have a lot of people at the ballpark. I don't believe it'll be interesting to see how well the fans travel here because it's a weekend and they're so popular, and usually the Philly fans do travel well, especially on weekends as they get closer to the to the summertime. But it's not going to be easy to win. I mean, San Francisco is playing a little bit better, they're a better team, they're they're a little hotter, they're they've won some late games and they're starting to get some mojo there. It's never easy to play on the West Coast. They had a really good West Coast run the first time through or and and and they've done well there. And you're right, I think they're well equipped to handle things. But they got to keep grinding, keep playing and uh and you know, show the rest of the world what they're all about.
Speaker 3: And coursefield can be, pardon me, a real test of your pitching, because not only the way the ball flies, but just from talking to pitchers over the years, everything feels a little different, often feels a little different coming out of the hand. Sometimes you'll talk to you know, reliever and he'll say, I really had trouble spinning it, or you have to sometimes you have to talk things a little different to get the spin you're looking for, and that can throw you out a whack a little bit, and sometimes you can feel the effects of it in the next series. I've talked to relievers over the years to say, I'm always a little a little more sore coming out of Denver, just because you have to. You know, you have to manipulate pitches just a little bit different to get them to do get the action you're looking for. Have you ever encountered that, Ruben or talked about that with guys.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt like that when I was playing in the outfield there, not only are you sort of sucking wind, you're literally sucking wind. You feel a lot more winded there. You're just not getting as much oxygen, And I think that everything is a little bit more of an effort for you physically, whatever you do, whether you're swinging the bat or running the bases or making a pitch and grinding it out as you said, The one thing that is that is really apparent here in field. They're such a vast amount of square footage to cover in the outfield that the fact that they have a much better outfield just defensively, I think that's huge. The fact that they have guys like you know, Johann Rojas, they have Marshian left, and they have Pache. I mean that's those are important pieces to have because you basically need to center fielders out there to cover center and left, and that's a big deal. If I was a GM here, I would absolutely have two outfielders that I know could be center field type range guys to cover enough outfield to be able to handle things. Because there's so much space. It's not necessarily about the homers. It's about the rest of us. You know, there's the gaps and the space. There's just so much square footage. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, Philly's got that. They got Rojas and marsh and maybe they threw a Pache out there. I'd still would love to see that. I love seeing that idea of those three guys out there at the same time running balls down.
Speaker 1: That would be fun for a game. Rubin, we got a we had a reader question.
Speaker 2: I want to go based off of something that you said earlier this week on the broadcast, want to I want to ask you about this. So Ranger Suarez pitches Tuesday, our good friend John Gonzalez, former inquir former NBC Sports Philly says, I was watching the game on Tuesday night and a ranger Swarez leaves the game, and Ruben says, quote, I would rub my whole body on him, just to the luck he's got going going right now. I was just wondering if Ruben could expand on that.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: So, you know, let's help our friend out, Gonzo.
Speaker 1: So, so you know, you know that we are, as baseball players, are the most superstitious people on the planet. Right. You put your uniform on the same way you use the Saint bat, the same bat and gloves, whatever the case may be. You saw Bryce Harper take off as bat and gloves after having three really terrible at bats and then he goes walk home run. You know, you change things up when things aren't going right. Well, if a guy is hot and playing really well, you want a little juju from that guy. So you get a little body rub on him, you get you touch him a little bit, give me some of that juju. Man. I need to have some I need to get some luck, you know. And uh. And so that was the premise behind uh and the idea behind that. I think people took it a little differently. But hey, but I'll tell you what. If I was his teammate right now, I would be up on him and I would be trying to get some hits.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a beautiful visual if you are yeah, well no it's not, but I mean luxuriating in his.
Speaker 1: But it is.
Speaker 2: It is so different because you see guys, you know, grab other guys bats, and you know, never forget all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 5: Never forget this story. Joe Blette is a short stop for the Phillies years ago, and I came up with him for a minute. I think it was ninety five or ninety seven, Who knows when it was. Uh, maybe it was ninety three. I don't know when Joe Molett came to the.
Speaker 1: Big leagues, but he was just had just come to the big leagues and bats were out. We were on the road anger we were Pittsburgh or Saint Louis or something, and he picks up Lenny Dykster's bat, and he's like, wow, man, this is a great bat. You know, the big leaguers got the real good wood. You know, you looked at the grains and it was a great you know. And so he's looking at the bat and hold the bat, and and Lenny Extra comes out of the dugout.
Speaker 3: Don't you ever e f and touch that bat again.
Speaker 1: You're the worst hitter I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Don't ever put.
Speaker 1: That juju on my bat. I mean, get get your get that lug off. He's like, you dropped the bat.
Speaker 3: He was panicking.
Speaker 1: You know. It's so funny, so great. The dude due the dude. The dude was special. You talk about a guy who was superstitious. If he didn't get a hit in his first at bat, the dude would come back into the clubhouse and literally stripped down to nothing and throw everything out his whole uniform I'm talking about underwear, underwear, belt, the whole gig and would go right into the freaking trash and Frank Copenbarger would like, okay, he would like sneakily pull it all out, and he thought thought it was all gone. You know, you get all new new stuff, new ship right, but now Frank would Frank would retrieve most of it. But I mean, that's that's kind of how it went. Man. It's a superstitious game, and a lot of guys live a lot by some of those superstitious And that's why I was rubbing up on Ranger if I was gonna if that's I need some success.
Speaker 2: Uh So this this weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Uh don't forget to check out The Phillies Nation TV Show, which debut is on Saturday, an hour before first Pitch on NBC Sports Philadelphia. Greg Murphy, Sam Stafford and we will be making weekly appearances on that the Philly Show. So check that out again an hour before first pitch on Saturday, NBC Sports Philadelphia. Memorial Day weekend always a fun weekend. And I know my friend Jim Salisbury as well as anybody I know, you've got something going on the grill, right, You've got to have something planned this weekend. Gotta be you love he loves the like Jimmy. Jimmy will come back after like a long weekend like this and go, I just I just made these sausage stuffed halopenios.
Speaker 1: And they'll give me.
Speaker 2: He'll give me the blow by blow.
Speaker 1: Jimmy will give the blow by.
Speaker 2: Blow, and then I sprinkle a little this on and I do that. What do you got going on, jim I know, I know you've got something going on on the grill.
Speaker 3: I'll be doing the stuffed halopenos later, maybe in September, because I do the homegrown halopenos. And there in the garden, I got uh, I got halapenos, I got cayenne, I got my favorite pablano, and I have bel.
Speaker 1: And he'll be.
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 6: He'll be a help afraid to like to help a brother out. Send some of the well they're you know, they're just they're just starting. Oh yeah, I love peblanos, man, They're so good stuffed. I just love pi banos and stuffed halapenos on the grill. You gotta stuff them with some cheese and some kind of brown the sausage and jam it all in there and wrap it in bacon toothpick put it on the grill so it's all blistery.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's good. But I'm kinda for Memorial Day weekend, I might do a Monterey chicken sandwich on the grill.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I go get a nice.
Speaker 3: I'll go up to see my buddy Rich Hill at Colonial Village Meat Mark in Westchester, Ding, Ding, Ding, And that's not a great sponsorship. Oh sorry, I'll no.
Speaker 1: No, I'm joking. I'm joking.
Speaker 2: I just you really like this, getlity.
Speaker 3: I'll get some chicken dies. He's got nice big ones and uh, season those up. Put him on the grill, a little dab of barbecue and barbecue sauce and let it get a little singy, a little more barbecue sauce, and then I put Monterey Monterey jack cheese on it. Let it get melty. And you take that off the grill. Maybe maybe a thick slab of bacon and nice slice of tomato, maybe some pickles and onions and nice soft roll round roll. That's a Moneray chicken grilled Monterey chicken sandwich. And that might be my that might be my go to for Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: That's fantasticis.
Speaker 2: We'll recap with you on Monday, Jim, What do you got going? You know what. I haven't figured it out yet, but one thing I do like to do is make an afternoon cocktail. So I've started making these things called cherry bourbon slushies. What, yes, cherry bourbon slushies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give it up.
Speaker 2: It's frozen cherries, a little orange juice, concentrate, a lot of ice, a lot of bourbon. Put them in the blender. They are so good and they go down real nice, real nice, Yeah, real nice. I'll give you a recap up on that on Monday as well or early next week when we come back. So that was fun, guys, and yeah, we'll be back next week. Phillies Rockies. This weekend Phillies Nation TV. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Talk to you.
Speaker 3: Guys, Spelling Ladd. Guys, have a great weekend, Spelly Jim.
Speaker 2: This is the Philly Show. If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Philly Show wherever you get your podcasts. You can also watch us on our YouTube channel. If you like what we do, give us a review, Tell a friend. Catch Ruben, Jim and Me on Phillies Nation TV, presented by Valley Forge Tourism. New episodes air an hour before every Saturday Phillies game on NBC Sports Philadelphia. Replays air throughout the week and on Philliesnation dot com. Get more of Ruben's analysis during before and after Phillies games on NBC Sports Philadelphia, on the Sports Radio ninety four, Wip More Show, and MLB Network. Read Jim at the Allcity Network at allph l y dot com. Find more of me at MLB dot com, PHILLIESB Newsletter, and occasionally on MLB Network