Speaker 1: We do a cold open now that just kind of like just us kind of griffing right now at the top of the show, like before the show opens.
Speaker 2: If you're cool with that, Wow, yeah, cool to know. So it's so organic and authentic.
Speaker 1: You know, just like learned something hanging around the fielder, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, smart, always.
Speaker 3: Roll Yep, we're trying authenticity out for the first time. It's kind of funny in our seven years dangerous seven congrats on ten. You crazy, that's fucking crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: No, we can't believe it. And this this will be this will be our first appearance since we've crossed.
Speaker 3: Since you've crossed over into the decade the decade, Yeah, your second decade is a podcast.
Speaker 2: Exactly secade.
Speaker 1: How many decades you think you're going to go here?
Speaker 3: Five to six, seventeen decades? Yeah, about right.
Speaker 2: We've recorded a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just got a big back channel.
Speaker 2: They get really bad. Yeah, they're not they're not They're short and not good and not connected to actual.
Speaker 3: History, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like those two albums. You're like, how many albums were this?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Yeah, it's like Johnny Cash and Tupac. We're like, I'm sorry, you're twenty years gone, like got a new one.
Speaker 1: Got a new one, full album, full length, it's a double disk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. You're just guessing what history is in the future, like he was Trump got the balls replaced with yeah, when he went to balls that actually wouldn't be strange. Oh, we covered that recently on Finley Sliced Monkey Balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: That episode is fucking what ormon you guys, there's a.
Speaker 4: There's a new Oh you heard the new one about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, the one that just dropped last week.
Speaker 4: There's been two two episodes where guys would put balls and balls.
Speaker 5: Balls on the balls, bang, Yeah, balls on the balls, a bank, the bang, wicked Wicket, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three thirty six, Episode two of Daily Guys Day production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: This is a podcast where we take deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it is Tuesday, April thirtieth, twenty twenty four. It's almost here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: May It's also National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day, National Bubble Tea Day. If you're into the bobes, you know it's your day. It's National Preparation. I don't even know a Preparation Day. It's a bunch of people teaching their kids. Oh, preparation h oh yeah, preparation h day. Yep, they should specify which preparation. Yeah, it's emergencies, National Raising Day, National Oatmeal Cookie Day, Jesus oatmeals and okay, anyway, that's the worst cookie, National Hair Stylus Appreciation Day, National Bugs Bunny Day.
Speaker 3: He has his own fucking day, yeah, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, ashole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually a religious holiday for some of us. So, oh, I wish you'd put some respect on his name. All right, Well, so I'm assuming National Preparation Day is obviously preparation h but also it's like the day for people who know how long you can have gasoline buried in your backyard before it yeah, before.
Speaker 1: It goes bad and yeah, six years exactly, thank you. It's funny because it's like the photos like of this family around a couch and it's like toilet paper is on the table and batteries and a dad's like pointing to a map and he's like, and this is where we will attack the police for resources.
Speaker 3: Put the batteries up our as. Yeah, boo boof them, boof the batteries. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Ammy Kaye, motherfuckers. That is courtesy of Laccaroni on the Discord wrote that's what John McClain reading an amicus brief would be, or reading plural multiple. We learned the plural of amicus amico or Achi. I'm thrilled to be joined, Amy kay Ammy kay mm hm Amy Kaye. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always, buy my co host, mister Miles gra Yes, Miles dra AI some music. It's that shitty.
Speaker 2: Music AI some music.
Speaker 3: The shitty robot music.
Speaker 1: I have seen too many people make fake AI songs like dude, isn't this great? It's like a Mariachi version of learning how to like weigh drugs or something, and it's always just this terrible shit. I'm already over the cool AI song music, so leave it alone. I came up with that AKA last night when I was listening to Bob Marley while feeding the baby. So that's how that that's how that came about the baby. Yeah, hitting my gravity bong to Bob Marley because I'm stuck in a time.
Speaker 3: This contributes start theory AI fun to play with the results sucks shit as as of yet, it's like fun for the person creating it. They're like, whoa, this is like kind of and the cool thing we just created, and then the results are doc shit. Just just keep them to yourself. Anyways, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third and fourth seat four by two legends legend Mate, hilarious stand up comedians who host one of the great podcasts to ever do it, The Dollar, an American history podcast which just celebrated Speaking of American History celebrated its tenth anniversary in existence. Please welcome to the show, Dave Anthony and Gareth right Ony.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Thank you year guys.
Speaker 2: How's it Colling, Happy day?
Speaker 1: Thanks to you as well. Everyone with your spirit booth, your details.
Speaker 4: I'm teaching my son how to make homemade claymoors.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, that won't blow off in your hands. Oh no, yeah.
Speaker 4: I hope not. That's how I lot. That's how I lost my last one. But the first two if memory, yeah too, Okay, yeah it was two, but this one's fourteen. The other ones were eight, so.
Speaker 2: I feel good about where this one's there.
Speaker 1: They go, Yeah, you're tweaking the property, like introduce some to the plastic explosives like at eleven that's right, Yeah, right, I get it. I get it. Man, Ten years though, is pretty I mean, like we were just Jack and everything, like we're about to we're getting into like our seventh year, not until later this year, and like is that forever? But ten also, like from even from seven years feels like a super long time.
Speaker 3: So just so you get each other on your tenth anniversary, yes, podcast co.
Speaker 2: Hosts, well, tenth tenth is the wood sacrifice? Is the wooden one? Yeah, so we jerked off in front of each other there you go for the first time for the wood Yeah, yeah, exactly, exactly, precisely precisely. No, it's absolutely It's really crazy. And I don't even think it was. I don't know personally. I didn't really think about it too much until we were actually like doing a thing for it, and then I was like, this is really crazy. Ten years. In general, I've always thought that about like my niece and nephew. I'm like they now I can tell that I'm aging because of their existence. I'm the same with the dollops. Like when we started, I mean the fact that I was like mid thirties of like I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Right right right, yeah, yeah, child, strange child, babe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, it's great.
Speaker 2: We're very happy and glad to move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, focus on the work, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, back to the work, talking about you know weirdos.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: I mean, you just I gotta say the most recent episode as of this publishing is one of my favorite dollops ever. I've been listening for a long time, but still got the fastball, you know, some Lebron James longevity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. We went to Germany. We got special injections in Germany. That's really helped we can keep look loose. Yeah we're loose. We're still loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stem cells straight into the base of the skull. You know good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is amazing too because even in the episode, you're like, do we have like another like a goat side character, and you're and that's ten years in and it's still finding just the McCormick dude gave us quite a quite quite a lot for me to actually envision as you guys were talking about that guy and all of his you know, contraptions and lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some that are like, there's somewhere it's like, Okay, you gotta like, you know, it's historically very interesting and you maybe need to try to well out a little more comedy. And then there's some where you're like, I gotta like stop talking. I mean, I could see this is going to be a four hour episode, you know, like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: Can you keep describing this guy?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 3: Yeah, could you read that again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Like I said, I think it was the first time. I was like, you read like a paragraph one more time to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, amazing. Well, we're actually going to talk about that guy. Yeah, because the premise of this episode, we want to discuss some of the themes that kind of pop up time and again on the doll up in American history that we have seen. Now, this might seem strange because Americans famously very historically literate people, and that's supposed to be the cure for having history repeat itself. But there are a couple things that we see popping up in the zeitgeist, the modern zeitgeist, So we wanted to just kind of talk about some of these trends, get you guys thoughts on some of these trends that you've covered a couple of times and that are still that we are covering in our daily news podcast.
Speaker 2: It's funny because it is like history. The saying history does repeat itself is actually extremely lazy because to your point, it's like, yeah, if people just I mean, I'm among them, but if people just paid attention to be like, hey, no, we're like, that's where we're getting nazzy. Yeah, careful, we did this one. Yeah this is bad. We did this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a lot of unemployed soldiers. I don't think that goes well en.
Speaker 3: Based on what it doesn't.
Speaker 2: All right, either way, do you see the Connors this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But we got Wi Fi now though that's a difference.
Speaker 3: Dude. Yeah, I don't watch the Connors since it went woke. All right, let's uh before we get into it, though, we do like to get to know you a little bit better by asking you, guys, what is something from your search history or something you've recently screencapped that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Well, Dave's has got Dave's has got to be insane because I I've I've researched a few dollars and I'm like always like man if like the FBI is like wanting me to throw you know, they can now there's like easy access.
Speaker 1: How to teach child to make claymore minds?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you.
Speaker 4: All mead to look up my search history right now and tell you what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be Yeah.
Speaker 2: If it is just a lot of porn and you read that off, that would be awesome.
Speaker 3: That has happened. We appreciate the honesty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the candor hot mind sweeper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hamlet's Ghost Hamlet's Ghosts was okay, it was a guy.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It's an Australian thing and they think that Hamlet's Ghost was not a ship.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: In the eighteen.
Speaker 2: Hundreds, Scottish play.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, pretty.
Speaker 4: Normal stuff here, pretty normal stuff.
Speaker 1: Wait, which one's Macbeth?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's the Scottish play all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, I know one thing about Shakespeare and I was like, that was the thing.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: It's like, wait, Scottish play right on all my chickens. That's I remember that line and I was like, what the fuck is this guy talking about? You know, you know, yeah, yeah, it's just your chickens or your kids or family.
Speaker 2: My last one that I think is interesting that isn't hard core porn? Is our ear wigs dangerous?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, I hope, And yes they are. Well the ones are the one the four foot ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the anaconda types. Yeah, yeah, I mean you want to talk about a scary fucking animal, make an earwig that's big that like, buddy listen, it's cool, Oh this is.
Speaker 1: An ear I don't know what the fucking ear wig was. When you said that, I was like, I was like, oh, you mean pincher bugs.
Speaker 2: Pincher bugs to the layman. Yeah, to me, but I can't believe you're distinguishing Shakespeare plays.
Speaker 1: And and I'm like, you know pincer bug, Like wow, he's really a stude.
Speaker 2: And he's like, you mean the potato bug.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wait, did you like encounter an earwig or something? And you're like, yeah, a lot of them.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you know, and I know they're not it's that tail that throws you off. They got like a scissor tail, but they just aren't using it. Those fucking losers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, purely decorative, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're doing, but they're kind of just like weirdo scissor platypus insects, and they're not really utilizing their main weapon. Like if John Taffer were to see an earwig, he'd be like, you got it, you know what I mean. You'd be like, yeah, you got the show piece.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess it's just a fend off predators.
Speaker 3: But what the fuck?
Speaker 2: But I like when I pick them up, and like you know, I I pretty much throw them outside when I because I'm like, they're not dangerous. I've learned, so I'll like toss them outside for the most part, but they never use it.
Speaker 3: Yeah on me right, Well, love a dry bathtub. I feel like that's where ill it.
Speaker 2: That's like the saltburn. That's me and I'm always.
Speaker 3: Doing after you're done with it, whatever left there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drain needs some lube.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Uh what it's something you guys think is underrated.
Speaker 4: Shoes that you don't tie. I think, yeah, hear me out, all shoes should You can have shoes that look like they tie, but they don't. You slip them on if you want. Yeah, I think you shouldn't have any shoes that you have to tie. I think we'll just slip them all on. Let's gett's let's just be advanced. We're an advanced civilization. It's time to step into the foot where we should have.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. The fact the fact that we're still fucking with laces is remarkable. It might not be house plants. I think, Uh, house plants, they're great. It's well the idea that we're you know, we should probably be out in nature somewhere, but so we should just have like five or six houseplants. But I think for me it took me. It was probably about seven years ago when I was like, you know, I probably should have some plants in here, and they're they're great.
Speaker 1: And doing the thing, where like most of the trope on the internet was like, I can't keep a fucking house plant alive save my life.
Speaker 2: The easiest ship in the world to keep hours. It's ridiculous. Yeah, I've moved. I have one house plant I call Robert Plant, and other people have done that, but I didn't know they were doing it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's pretty common.
Speaker 3: I'll take and uh, just like you can't.
Speaker 2: Enough. I have had two moves with Robert Plant into different states and he survived both. I have multiple it's really so fucking easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: How like I was sort of like the thing where I couldn't keep a house plant alive and it just took another human to be like, just like this plant just fucking water once a week at the same time week.
Speaker 3: How much water though, like a gown.
Speaker 1: Like no fu face, like this much should be moist? Yeah, and I'm like, oh, yeah, like touch the dirt. Is it fucking bone?
Speaker 3: It needs water?
Speaker 2: Is it yellow? You did too much?
Speaker 3: Right? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's complicated though, I mean the whole process you just described sounds kind of like you should have a degree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're saving a.
Speaker 2: Lot of time not lacing your shoes up, so you could probably go watering within the time you're saving Q.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm not though, because not all shoes are there yet, so I'm still tying.
Speaker 3: You're still tying. Man.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't want I don't want to be tying, but some shoes I like, and they I have to tie them. I want once they're all slip ons, will be able to move over to the plant situation.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, I'd love to see a picture picture a house ful of dead plants, Like do one thing at a time.
Speaker 2: Well he's lacing his shoes up. Yeah, founding.
Speaker 3: I truly am just I'm gonna come clean. I've been I'm not good at keeping house plants alive, and I think I'm realizing it's because I haven't just googled each plant once.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 3: It sounds like that's the solve. Yeah, no, this doesn't. There's also eyeball it. Yeah, there's also.
Speaker 2: Apps, so you just literally hold your phone up to its Hey, dumbass water it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I think even the iPhone now, like you can take a picture of a plant and it will tell you what like species of.
Speaker 3: Plant you're looking at. I was like, yeah, yeah, wow, I'm going away too. I'm still I do I do. The first thing I do with any pair of shoes is like kind of measure the right place to like nod it so I don't actually like they look tied, but I never have to untie them.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's key. Yeah, yeah, because you don't want to do the like pressure on the back situation getting it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It is a very good call day because it is shocking how often I'm like.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta get this done.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean like growing up in a house, or you don't wear shoes like you learn you're like, man, I got to optimize every pair of shoes. And I remember one time when I was wearing like ship that like laced up. I almost pissed myself because I did rushed home. Its like but I gotta take my shoes off, and I was like the fuck, Like it was so chaotic that I was like, I can't wear these shot again.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know if you can blame pissing your pants on shoes to be.
Speaker 3: Well I did. Okay, okay, I'm right.
Speaker 2: Just pissing the plan you really eliminate the issue right there.
Speaker 3: Just kill it, dad, piss What is what some of you guys think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Uh? The NFL Draft as this year officially for me, I was like, this is getting stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what what happened there? It's too much?
Speaker 2: It it. I've enjoyed watching the NFL Draft to some extent for a while, but this was the year where I was like, either Detroit is the saddest city in America or the Draft we've lost the plot. It was like the amount of people that showed up to it, and I was talking to my buddy and we were both like, yeah, it's like it. I don't know if it's my age or if it's that society's crumbling, whatever it is. Watching man my age in Jerseys be so into twenty year olds is like, it's fucking weird. It's just weird to watch dudes boo a twenty year old or be like oh fuck goud. It's like, dude, you are forty eight. It's like I get every Sunday I'm in let's go, right, But this level of obsession it really like Roger Goodell is the worst. He's a senator's son. He's the epitome of privilege. He makes way too much money, but he somehow has hypnotized people into thinking that the draft is something that it isn't, which is exciting, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's first of all, Goodell, I didn't realize he was a child of a senator. He's thinking about adding an eighteenth game, Like after that, yeah, adding another game was like universally panned. He's like, I heard you, and I'm thinking about what about additional game.
Speaker 2: He's fucking around with. I don't think they can actually do it, but he is trying to add a like division in Europe, which right, like, I mean, how the fun they.
Speaker 4: Can't Yeah, how do they do that? They can't do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean, aren't already a few games played in London?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a lot of games. Yeah, there's probably five to seven every.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: The Packers are the only team that hasn't played there, like because they're like, yeah, we get all the fans. Excuse me, this is like more like they're like, it's logistically hard to get all the Packers fans out of there, like, but I'm like, I don't know if that's true. But anyway, because of the cheese, what's I don't know. I think you talk to some ship. I think the perception being like they only live in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I'm like, I'm that's categorically fault.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say it's racist, but it's not not racist towards that is so funny to be like the Packer fans. They won't like mister t the city, I won't get we won't get on the plane. I think they are playing a game somewhere this year, maybe London. What do you got, Dave.
Speaker 4: Slip on shoes?
Speaker 3: I think we really kind of.
Speaker 4: Slip slip on shoes or over but you just said that you didn't.
Speaker 3: Want no, let them cook, Let them cook. What the.
Speaker 4: Fucking Stanley cup thing with the all the people getting cups that are a fancy like a hydroflask, but yeah, it's insane. They were going for astronomical prices. Yeah, like so much money and it's like it's a cup, man, it's a cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It does feel like a thing that is happening right now that you could do a doll up now and just bank it for ten years down the line. Stanley, Yeah, the Stanley cup craze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Beanie Baby's the sippery cup.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love watching those trends. I love not knowing about them and then being like.
Speaker 4: Wait what Yeah, it's like prime the drink Prime at for over a thousand and now everyone's like, yeah, it's not. They're good.
Speaker 1: They're like, yeah, it gives you, like gives me heart palpitations and diarrhea, but like, yeah, I think with the stand I remember like the thing that really blew my mind whenever I see them. I'm like, what does the secondary market look like for this ship? And when I was like, oh, people really are like, yeah, dude, I'll drop five hundred on a fucking cup, and I'm like, cool man, yeah, cool. Let everybody else know what the soccer get your kid's soccer game. That's your balling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and drinking a shipload of black mold. Yeah, on the side of which is it's white wine and sprite.
Speaker 1: No one knows, okay, because I have a forty ounce fucking steel cup drinking forty.
Speaker 2: Ounce, but even then toss it in a fucking coffee cup like a man. That's right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, baller move, Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break, and we're gonna come back and talk about some trends from both of our shows, some Overlaps'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 3: And as we were talking about, of top, one of the geniuses of the dollup is that we're hearing these stories that are so outrageous they seem like everyone should know them, like they should be in their history books or at least have like a couple movies made about them. At this point, That's one of the persistent thoughts in my head when I'm listening to adopt is like, how did I not know this? I think, Gareth, you say that pretty frequently, but unfortunately the fact that they're not well known in some cases seems like one of the reasons some of these trends that we're about to talk about never really go away, because there's like certain things that we just memory whole as a as a at least as a country. I don't want to speak for the whole species, but we're just like, yeah, now that never happened. That's too bright, that's that's too entertaining. So yeah, we wanted to kind of highlight some of these trends or details from past dollar episodes that we keep seeing turn up in our show about the moderns, like ice didn't get you guys thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think it's not so much like their trends, right, because it's not like racism isn't like a trend, right, misogyny, but it's just sort of like these constant issues, yeah, that we like can never grapple with and somehow like our besting ourselves from three centuries ago, we're like, oh, you want to see racism cut to late seventies Boston or some shit, yeah, yeah, oh okay, that was I thought we got past that phase. But I think that's the interesting reminder is how how little we've actually come, you know, like how like how how slow progress is because you have these reminders of like, for as much as we want to, especially in America, be like, no, we live in like a post racial you know, like more equitable society, like no, no, no, no, no no, yeah, the freaks are still out in fucking full force. We just don't we just ignore them now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we'll we ignore them. We give them more power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of what it is. It's like we've never really been able to bat in the hatch for a long time. It's like you have those swings where you're like, holy shit, you know, we got to like women need to choice, you know, you get whatever. It is the litany of things that we were like yeah, now, we're good with that, but there's always that force that's always like I'm still coming, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's like when we regroup. Yeah yeah, Well, speaking of the phrase how little we've come and I'm coming, motherfucker. I want to just start with a light one, which is you've covered it like from the early days of the Serial Guys episode about like Kellogg's and Graham and Post and how focused they were on keeping people from jacking off. To the recent episode that I'm drawing Walt Waltska, is that, yeah, where you covered a Hall of Fame side character who had a contraption designed to keep himself from jacking off. On our side, we saw this with the Speaker of the House recently, where I don't know if this one's worse, it's definitely more convalent kindolves family. Yes, yes, so we're talking about Speaker of the House Mike Johnson, who currently, as far as we know, has software on his phone that sends his son a report if he jacks off to pornography, like his son will get We'll be told about that.
Speaker 4: That's just like father son bonding.
Speaker 3: Right, we get it. We get it, Dave, we're parents, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys understand, Like, my kid's fourteen, so I get like nineteen alert today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hearing him describe it to a panel of other like evangelicals is really we like so proud.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He talks about how he first heard it during like a gathering like the Promise Keepers, which is like an evangelical like Men's group. And he's like, and I look at early two thousands and I was like, and I'm not even endorsing it. I don't even make money. But I'm like, I endorse it because I use it. But this is him explaining in his own way how how this technology works above.
Speaker 3: My head, how it works.
Speaker 6: But it scans you obviously opt into it, but it scans every all the activity on your phone or your devices, your laptop, tabot, what have you. We do all of it and then it sends a report to your accountability partner. So my county ability partner right now is Jack, my son, right and so he's seventeen. So me and I get a report of all the things that are on our phones or all of our device is once a week. If anything bang up, your accountability partner gets an immediate notice. I'm proud to tell you my son is he's got a clean slate, all right. But but we get we get a report and it says, hey, no, no activity of concern. And it's really really sensitive. It will pick up almost anything. It looks for keywords, search terms, and also images, and it will send your accountability partner a blurred picture of the image, and so on occasion I get one. I was just looking at the one from this week. I got on Jack and it said this, this is the only one that may be questionable. And it's this blurred image of two women talking in a live screen thing. And I zoom in and I have to unblur it, and it's in it's two middle aged teachers.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Well, and then the technology actually fucking sucks if it's looking at two teachers talking and it's like pawn.
Speaker 4: He didn't say, he didn't say what they were doing.
Speaker 3: Genre.
Speaker 2: And then I saw the image and that I had jacked off to it. And then so I said, Jack, as that my son.
Speaker 4: Are jerking off together in different rooms. That's what the that's what the technology is for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just I'm glad. I just I'm glad he's taken. You know him and his you know, his mother and I we split, but and I got remarried, and he he actually seems really close with his stepmother, at least based on what I'm seeing all those searches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she walked in on him the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and decided to teach him, teach him how it really.
Speaker 2: Actually jerk off, which I said, to send me an image of that.
Speaker 3: I wonder.
Speaker 4: I wonder how his son has figured out to get around the technology to be able to watch porn, because you know.
Speaker 2: It's just so fucking clean. It's the dumbest ship in the world, because it's like it is. It's just like, look, first of all, just let the kid jack off, like he's not into this, like you you know what I mean, he watched the jack off, Like, let him figure it out. Like you know, I was able before phones. I was able to find naked fucking pictures, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There are ways ripped like physical ripped out pages from magazines that you like held onto like they were the Dead Sea scrolls or.
Speaker 3: Something, and you're like, oh man, that's all I got.
Speaker 1: But like, also, you could get a burner phone. I'd imagine you could just get a burner phone if he has to jerk off mobiley or whatever, or use his friend's computer, go to the library like adults do.
Speaker 4: What would be awesome if your dad was like, hey man, I want to set this up and you'll be my accountability partner, and then you just start just constantly jerking off until He's like, Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be here disturbing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: All right, you wanted to see what's up, what's going on in this part of town? Man, I'm having a.
Speaker 2: Real asshole renaissance Dad, But this is yeah, I mean this is persistent across.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I'm missing some, but like the the guy who created like ankle ankle harnesses that would keep his hands on his ankles.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, there's there's entire like there's the oh god, what was the sanatorium in Michigan called the.
Speaker 3: Battle Battle.
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 4: That place was just a myriad of like ways not to jerk off, like there were just there's just been there's been tons of these, right, history of people just like how can we not do this? And it all comes out like you said, this is from the religious uh Promise Keepers, which we did an episode on, But it all comes out of that because it's just them talking to each other and they don't realize everyone else is like, no, that's crazy, but they're just in their little group and they're like, yeah, we shouldn't be jerking off, right, and everyone's so it's good.
Speaker 2: What's so great about the male body is that if you don't jerk it off in your sleep. It will fucking jerk like you can't get away from it, Like, you can't tell me that's not part of God's plan. If I go to sleep and my penis like we're gonna ejaculate to like what is the line? He like, my brain is jacking my dick off at night?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back to those preppers who are trying to figure out if the gas and the drums is still good, It's like, no, man, you got to get rid of that.
Speaker 3: Use it, yeah, get it out.
Speaker 1: Man, refresh refreshed exercise really ship. Yeah, it's just like was that machine though, Like I know you were calling it the hankle machine, I think Gareth in the show, But like, is was that like a articulated device like that we knew what it was?
Speaker 3: Or was like that is that some custom work? No?
Speaker 4: I think I think really he just had a thing that he could clamp his hands to his ankles, right, so he yeah, he was like so he must have slept like bent over, like in a really painful, terrible position, and yeah, I'm sure he had the horrible back aches. But but yeah, so it was like a clamping your like shackles. Jacks, yeah, jackals, yeah, wackles.
Speaker 3: Of course, probably people who just wanted to jag off more than anybody else and assumed everybody else was struggling with this same issue, right and so yeah, yeah, but yeah, I mean, and it is like the fact that it's how we got like so much breakfast cereal. In an indirect way, Graham Crackers is just like, I don't know, we let we let ourselves remember puritanism because you know, people like trying to be puritanical about sex and you know, stuff like that. But I think there's just like something so inherently embarrassing about about people just feeling like ge't stop jacking off over here, like yet spring you with cold water, that it just gets memoried.
Speaker 4: The Graham Cracker thing and the grape nuts thing is just crazy, like they really thought of food would stop them from jerking off.
Speaker 3: Like it didn't work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no like they keep eating him and everyone's like, no, I'm still hard as a rock, you.
Speaker 2: Know, how about they all like, you know the fact that he needs a fucking app so like it really is. It's it's so I never know what that line is because it's like, well, you have the compulsion to do it. Why is where is the line on what you know? God has created him? What is your own sinful way?
Speaker 3: Like it created? Shouldn't you?
Speaker 2: Shouldn't you just not want to jack off?
Speaker 1: But how we're tested, we're tested with sin you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like such a weird, bizarre flesh video game.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because it's also just like at the end of the day, like whether it's Puritans or cereal makers or Mike Johnson, it's like this weird denial of humanity. That's like you guys are keeping You're just going to the next thing. So back in those times, you're like I need leather straps, And then the next thing was like what if we ate these fucking crackers? And it's like no, And now it's like, you know, I don't know anything but acknowledging the like, look jack off.
Speaker 2: Maybe we don't jack off. There's probably more problems in the streets period.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think for a lot of these guys though, it's more about what they actually what turns them on, Like, you know, they get in there and they're like, well, hold on, this dick and balls was kind of nice, and then they.
Speaker 2: Started out, no, they legislate against gay marriage and all that stuff, and that I mean, if you really think about like the Republican Party, the leader of it was a pedophile, like in the two thousands, and you know, it was just like a confirmed fucking pedophile. And we don't ever look back on that, like, hey, maybe these people protest too much, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, we're just like kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that sucks.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we have an app now where your son knows you're not beating off.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, let's move on to this. This was one that we noticed recently with the Caitlin Clark first press conference, oh god, where she had just been drafted number one WNBA had either recently or was about to sign a massive like Lebron James sized deal with Nike or not Lebron James size, but you know, a massive deal, and she had her first press conference at her new team in Indiana, and like one of the journalists was like flirty with her. We're like, oh, yeah, I like you. You keep doing that. We're gonna get along just fine. And everyone's like, fucking gross man, Like the heart symbol I do to my family after the game, yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like how he laughed though, too, and you could tell like the like, based on how the mic was, you could tell he's like turning like his head for laughs, like right, no.
Speaker 2: With a sporting instrument.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean there's also the what Women's World Cup player getting like a forced celebration kiss from one of their coaches that like them, they had to resign. But I was, you know, re listening to the Boston Marathon episode that you guys did about the first women to run the Boston Marathon, and you know, the first woman kind of does it in secret, and then the second woman like kind of people catch on pretty early and it becomes this massive real world re enactment of Mad Max Fury Road where there's this guy who's just chasing her around the twenty six mile course like in a bus, like peer her out and try to tackle her. Yeah, but after she's successfully completed it, there's this quote from a race official who's like, we need rules. Basically, if that girl was my daughter, I'd spank her and again like just wildly embarrassing, like but like almost certainly said with at least three quarters of an erection, you know, like just what what are you talking about? Yeah, but it I don't know. It just feels like this is a consistent trend that we see where specifically in the on the field of play, like that is where men like really just like put their foot down and they're like, nope, no, that not not on my watch. We cannot have impressive athletic feats. We must find a way to sexualize.
Speaker 1: And diminish you, right, or just like we said that to be like and I'm the man and I'm get to say this shit to you, even though you may be one of the greatest basketball players of all time.
Speaker 3: But anyway, right, it's.
Speaker 2: Very weird in a country that like claims that capitalism is going to show you, you know, let capitalism rule and all that. You're also like it shows the fragility of the male ego to be like, but not that because she's a woman. But that's been going on. Like we did another episode. It wasn't about sports, but it's about women wearing pants and running, and like you know, they were like before they were like it's just always been something. It's like you can't you if it literally they were like if women run, they're like uteruses will drop out, like there's no connection to reality. That's not really necessary. It's always just like you know, we're doing this for your own good, sweetheart, right yeah, but but yeah, the way that like a reporter feels comfortable talking to a woman, I mean it is shocking. I mean I guess at least we're shocked by it and we're not. And it's not like a bunch of guys smoking cigarettes and be like, go on a date with her, lady, come on, go on, come on, touch date the man he made the heart symbol. Sure he's married, he's only forty years older, but.
Speaker 3: He's got wisdom.
Speaker 2: But it's totally a theme. Totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in this country. It's wild though too.
Speaker 1: I was like just thinking about the oops my uterus fell out, kind of like myth that persists in like sports. And there's an example in twenty ten, this guy Jan Franco Casper, who was the head of the International Ski Federation like doubled down on a thing he said in two thousand and five. They're like, now, what were you saying about ski jumping in women? And basically was saying like it's not appropriate for ladies from a medical point of view, because again, the impacts could be so jarring that the uterus is dislodged.
Speaker 2: That's like you could say, but like you could very easily be like a man could rupture his scrow, you know what I mean. A guy could ruin his ball skiing too, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I guess that shows like the sort of patriarchical nature of being like, well, I'm looking out for your one value that you have to society, which is to reproduce, and if I don't do that, then I failed as a protector or a controller. I don't know, that's up to you how you want to describe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, media, imagine a scenario where she's your daughter, you fucking creep. Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't let her ski exactly. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come right back. We got a couple more trends to hit. We'll be right back, and we're back, and all right, I have to get this one in real quick. I think this is pretty common throughout, Like I was reminded of it in the most recent episode, the Gunawaltska episode, where one of the other like Hall of Fame kind of side characters was a guy who kept like making up these inventions that were scientifically impossible, and the scientists would be like, that's scientifically impossible, and then they the mainstream media would be like gee, a death ray hot dawn. They just they just insisted on being impressed and being like, yeah, but could you imagine if it was real? And that's been happening. So like this show, The Daily Zeitgeist, we started like and very early on the Havana syndrome happened, which like that we so from the start, we've you know, looked into the science read that the weapons they're talking about are scientifically impossible, and I've just been fucking blown away by how it just keeps coming back. Like sixty minutes, like six years after we've been like, yes, sixty minutes was like all these all these people.
Speaker 4: Are like you're a legitimate news organization, this is totally fake, and they're like, man, this thing's really so people up, like.
Speaker 2: Pa, We've we've paid people who say they have it a tremendous amount of money to Yeah, they up the pieces and figure it out right, Yeah truly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, there's a time, I mean, Musk's whole thing is like just like every every year He's like, we're gonna have the car taxis the robot car taxis six six months And it's been going on for like fifteen years. He just they're just constantly saying stuff that's not real. His neuro implant is crazy. If you read all my sies about it. Other scientists are like, no, we've had that for a while and we're way advanced on that. And he's just like, I'm doing this new thing, and you're like, you're not doing a new thing.
Speaker 1: Right, And the media is like, Musk is doing this new thing. Read a fucking article first.
Speaker 3: He's got it.
Speaker 1: He's he says he's going to solve autonomy with it because Tesla is no longer an automobile company. They're ai robotics company. You're like, nice, fucking pivot or just because you're the profits fell fifty five percent, Like well, actually it's never a car company to begin with. Actually they id a lot of companies, so fuck you.
Speaker 3: It's like, shut up, No.
Speaker 2: He's such a jerk off. Mike Johnson gets an alert on his phone everything.
Speaker 3: It's like, we're looking up Tesla. Were you looking up?
Speaker 1: Minutes from the Tesla shareholders call?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also had that guy down for yeah, just very musky and vibes, because like he invents a death ray and everyone's like cool, and then everyone's like no, it's impossible. And then he's like, well, I've invented this other technology that is also and they just move on to being impressed by that, ignoring the thing. What do we call that?
Speaker 1: If we had to describe that trend?
Speaker 3: What do we call it?
Speaker 1: Just like the media's willingness to be wowed the second someone has an idea that seems that's see, that's already sela con artist.
Speaker 4: I mean, they want they want the next big story and they kind of don't care what it is or if it's real, and they can just scream about it and everyone goes wow, and they read it and they buy the paper and then they've made their money for that week, and then they the next thing.
Speaker 2: It's very similar to war. You know, when we get led into war, it's like they're not asking the big questions about why or specifics or long term or anything like that. They just want us to get into it right, and then that is interesting. And then you know when you're like, hey, you know, we've killed a million babies in the Middle East of the past ten years. You know, they're like, well, not really much room in the.
Speaker 1: Paper for that, right now, Yeah, nobody could have saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's a page feature about smart bombs and how smart they are. Yeah right, and deliver a pizza through a tiny window if you ask them too.
Speaker 2: So well, and they have no accountability for the fact that they led you, Like when you think of Elizabeth Holmes or Sam bankrun Fried, like they have no they bolster this bullshit. And then when they're covering the doun fall, it's a very quick report with like we're saying, like nobody nobody gets in trouble.
Speaker 4: Well, Elizabeth Holmes did get in jold, but that's only because she ripped off rich people. But like the Juicero guy just made a bunch of money and then pivoted to his next bullshit thing. But Juicero was just exactly what you're talking about, Like he essentially made a contraption that poked a hole in a bag and.
Speaker 3: Juice swezed it out. Yeah, like that's that's all it was, juice exactly. It's like, but you got to use it like fucking now.
Speaker 1: Or.
Speaker 2: It works off your Wi Fi it's like all these little like terms are like.
Speaker 3: Okay, did caprice son juice? Blattery? Technology? Wait? You just that's.
Speaker 1: This tastes like the guy with the fucking windsurfer on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: You're not how to make a Caprice Son really expensive?
Speaker 3: Right exactly? Well, I mean because you don't have to use your hand to squeeze it anymore.
Speaker 2: To be fair, have you ever tried to put a straw on a caprice Son?
Speaker 1: I mean, we are having fun. The bottom that is, you know what I mean? Yeah, the bottom is good. Yeah, that's what the real pissed off kids would be.
Speaker 2: Like the fucking thing, just the feeling when you would do the back puncture too, and you'd be like, I gotta drink half of this right now?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: When it went a lot of pressure to get this situation figured out, as that's.
Speaker 3: A through and through bullet wound right there on.
Speaker 1: I got an exit straw, yeah yeah exactly. But like I mean, but yeah, it's like the same thing with AI now, because every time we talk about AI, like when we talk to experts, they're like, man, it's just fucking bullshit. Man, They're just fucking pumping people up. And there's also just a group of people who are business leaders who know fuk all about technology, and someone gets from like, hey, whoa, whoa this ship can fuck look name something?
Speaker 3: Watch this.
Speaker 1: This is a song about your family to the is if Peter Tosh did it, and holy ship, this can.
Speaker 3: Replace human labor.
Speaker 1: And you're like, guys, they're fucking they're selling you fucking horseshit right now. But yeah, we still get Yeah, it was easy to get caught up. I mean we were so I mean I was personally just like, what the fuck, Dude's gonna end the fucking world. And then I speaking with like people who know what the fuck is going on, it's like.
Speaker 4: Oh right, yeah, it's not anywhere near what yeh. Like, I truly believe the show business is kind of shut down right now. I don't know if people know that, but like nothing's really being made. Everyone's kind of freaking out, like what are we doing? And I think it's because all the top guys are like, we got AI now, we don't need these fucking people. We're gonna everything's gonna make it on its own. And I think they they've just been sold a bill of goods by a bunch of guys like hucksters who were like, yeah, you can do everything with it, but you can't. And these rich guys don't know.
Speaker 3: They don't know shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you don't, especially in business or government. I mean it's so that's what's so funny about the Elizabeth Holmes thing. When you actually see like her list of clients, you're like, a lot of these are like the people we harald as the societal genius. But but when you like, when you look at our politics, they're just old. They're really fucking old. Yeah, and so they don't really know. The only reason why they want to get rid of TikTok is because they know that. I mean, it's so funny that an old government is like we're gonna take your phone away like that that is there, like yeah like that. They're like, that's why you've become such a rebel. Yeah, but they they don't know. I mean I always think of that clip of Ted Stevens, the Center from Alaska, who was on like the whatever, the senatorial like Internet Commission or whatever the fuck they call it, and he's up there explaining the Internet is a series of tubes. I mean it's like you watch Bill and Ted and he was like, that's the Internet, and that is like pretty much it's that is not the reason why that moment is so hilarious is because it is like a good Gondance. It's like we've condensed down the problem with the system, which is that the elderly are trying to explain tech to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's just that's all it is. They just have no fuck they have no clue.
Speaker 4: When I when we podcasting hat, we had a patent troll come after us at one point, So yeah, a buners of us put together money and it was like sixty thousand dollars and we had lawyers go up to what is it, the eff or whatever it's called. They went up to you know, Congress to talk to people, and I got on the phone with one of them and I was just, so, how's it going, She goes, I'm I'm mostly just trying to explain to him what email is.
Speaker 3: Like, they just don't know what's happening. They're all old and.
Speaker 4: People do stuff for him because they're also rich. So it's just like, yeah, they have no fucking clue what's happening. And of course they get can get taken in by a woman who's like I found a blood machine that does everything, and they're like, oh, put it.
Speaker 2: In Walgreens.
Speaker 3: When they pricked my finger. Yeah. Is this the same lady who made the death ray? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah blood blood, blood stuff now cool. Yeah. And it's so frustrating that like those are the people who are supposed to be holding at like the villain of our time, like Mark Kuckerberg, Like he gets to be like, uh we sell ads senator and like be the like smart guy in the room, and it's just like, no, there should be like somebody who actually understands what the fuck is going on, who could like someone talk to this person.
Speaker 1: I feel like with tech, like you have to have at least politicians who are the same age as the people they're talking to at the least so when they start spinning their bullshit that even if they don't like I think this guy's full of shit, to be honest, he sounds like full of shit people I know my age, But to an older person like oh they were so kind and charismatic, you're like, oh fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, you have like a Diane Finestign up there and her like eyes falling out because she's so old in your that can't help anybuddy.
Speaker 3: Don't know what.
Speaker 2: Happened, but that that situation in particular, I think we were all proven wrong. She was ready to continue her time.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, I mean the like, it's not it's almost not even worth like bringing up because it's such a one to one. But like the no, it is the kids who are wrong response that we're getting to student protesters right now like that. I mean, it doesn't just rhyme with history, it is history repeating itself. I just want to recommend the people the Gali Dette Deaf President Now protest episode that you guys know, but it's yeah, it's just people in power who like the president of a university is far closer to a senator than they are too even a faculty member, you know, like that. They have board meetings where they're you know, like that there's one point where they are being confronted by student protesters and the chairman of the board because they've just like repeatedly ignored student requests for to have a deaf president. They just keep appointing hearing presidents and they're like, you guys have to understand, we made our decision, you already fucked up our schedule, and now we have private planes to catch like essentially how they put it, And it's like, thank God for that one moment of like honesty from that person who just like couldn't have been a bigger psycho. But yeah, it feels like it's the entire thing, right right, Well, every institution there are people who are like, please put someone in a position of power that inherently understands what we are experiencing.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: You all right, so the new head of diversity is this white guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey dude, he's been to Jamaica though, you know, so like keeping got one of those braids.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but like that's yeah, but every in so many different ways, like that whole thing is it's always constantly repeating and repeat peening because I mean it guess just shows when it comes to sort of like power and things like that, there's just like no man, I could try to fucking make this equitable.
Speaker 3: It's like it's for it's for this group of people.
Speaker 4: Fuck up, yeah, it's only for this group of people and what. But there are also this attitude where they're just like, well you don't really understand how this works, right, And you're like, well, no, I'm in it, so I know exactly how it works because I'm experiencing it. No, it's really it's you know, but this is like, I mean, this goes back centuries, right, just old people not understanding young people. I think it's much worse now though, because I think young people are far more informed than they ever have then due to the Internet. Although they want to blame TikTok, but it's like, no, it's pretty much all the Internet. People can see it all.
Speaker 2: TikTok is if they were trying to take a leg out, TikTok is a very smart one to take out, because there is like the sharing that goes on on that platform is I mean, you just can tell they're more informed because they're informing each other with these well thought out points that I don't like. It feels like for some reason, it just is. I mean, I guess for reasons we probably know, but they they are clearly getting better information from TikTok than they are from any fucking cable news, from any major media publication, from any of that shit. And I have this guilty pleasure of sometimes when I get up. I watch Morning Joe, and this morning it was unfucking believable. Like I turned out like six forty five in the morning, and it was like he was shouting, shouting about what they're doing and why it's wrong, and if you're not careful, you're gonna help get Trump elected. The way that they continue to put everyone in the worst position possible. And then with two out two on bottom of the ninth, you're about to lose the game. They're like, we did, we got to figure this out. You're like, buddy, we tried to avoid this at all costs. Like, yeah, we get it. Forever we've been talking about, like this is not a good call, but you know that is they they clearly fear that shit, and they're also so fucking stupid because the better plan for them would be to ignore this ship and not mention, you know, just to talk. But instead they're engaging, and they're we're sharing clips of police fucking throwing professors down and all this shit.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, there REALIA will cover any violence, if the protest has any element of violence anything, Yeah, they'll miss the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: When I was in school, which was the centuries ago, the Goal war happened. So that's before the Iraq War, right, That's that's the one where we go into Kuwait.
Speaker 2: The amuse bousch.
Speaker 4: And it was the same thing. We were all protesting, but we didn't have the Internet or phones, but we we just photocopp shit and everyone passed it around so everyone had the information. It's no different. Everyone read it and was like, yeah, this is fucking bullshit, like it was the same stuff. They think they're gonna stop it.
Speaker 3: It's not possible they really do, yeah, because they all.
Speaker 4: Watch CNN and they watch MSNBC and they just are They are completely detached from reality. They have they no idea what's happening.
Speaker 2: The Internet is a series of tubes. Yeah, and we can get the information to each other through.
Speaker 1: These tubes, right right, I mean I think that's one of those tubes. The other thing is like the Democrats, like at least the Republicans are so craven. They're like, you play out what their rhetoric is to the end game. It's like, yes, fascism, baby, And even with like neoliberals, like it's the same thing, but they're like no, like we care about people and we care about the environment. So you tell people these values that you supposedly have and they're like, yeah, man, I gotta take care of people. And then when they're like, hold on, you guys aren't doing the fucking thing that you guys claim.
Speaker 3: That you're all about.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Man, You're gonna get Trump if you're not fucking careful.
Speaker 1: And then it's just sort of like you you can't, you can't espouse these values, especially when their party is so ideologically rigid that it can't break through to the other side obviously, because they're not going to be like, yeah, we need to blow up the status quo because they like talking about like sort of these like entrenched problems we have societally, but they only want to talk when it comes to the solution parts, like come on, man, we just we're the ones that talk about it that it's bad.
Speaker 2: We keep sending problem solvers to the government to fix it, and then they become part of the problem. So literally you know that route are working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hope and change asterisks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look right, because right now what you said is like true. The Republicans are basically the party of fascism and the Democrats are the party of betrayal. Those are the two parties.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, which leads to fascism, right yeah, but at least a fascism like later though, yeah yeah yeah yeah, it's like their sales pitch.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, fascism in like five years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh. One trend that we have lost over time that's very prevalent of the doll up is bringing rotten vegetables to like crowd events.
Speaker 4: I just it's incredible.
Speaker 3: How but would that help?
Speaker 2: I mean, food's too costly. People can't afford tossing that, you know what I mean, we're eating those vegetables we should be tossing now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did the guy in Australia throw at the politician? Was it an egg or something?
Speaker 2: It was recent, Yeah, it was an egg, like boy or something.
Speaker 4: I strongly believe that throwing rotten vegetables should come back. Like it's a huge it's just really important.
Speaker 3: It still happens in other countries, like don't just fly in on prone copters and you know, milkshakes and all that stuff, But the US has They're like.
Speaker 2: We still get a pie every now and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah right pie, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: The truth is the you know they you see it every now and then when they go out to fucking dinner, they should be fucking yelled at, you know, all of them. I'm not even saying, just like, you know, all of them. Should everyone who is complicit in the terrible society we live in today, which is pretty much all of them. Yeah, should be should not be able to have public peace, and let's start there. But eventually that won't even be enough. But they, like anyone else, don't want to feel embarrassed and stupid, and so yeah, if you are doing that shit where you're pouring like old milk on them or whatever the fuck it is, that does affect them for now. But yeah, and it would be fun.
Speaker 4: They'd be fun. It'd be super fun. One of the reasons that they that they do what they do is so they can go hang out with rich people and go to the fancy restaurants and go to the fancy parties. But if you make them uncomfortable outside and then they can't do that, they might change. Like, it's really just like a big club to them, and if you make the club an uncomfortable place, then they could change. I doubt they will, but they could.
Speaker 2: They'll just build bigger fences, but yeah, start or like that.
Speaker 1: I remember when like Susan Collins, like they're like, hey man, you could have maybe like maybe supported abortion rights, and people like wrote in chalk in front of her house like he was an attack.
Speaker 3: She called the fucking cops.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also when when when like people were outside Brett Kavanaugh's house and Amy Coney, Amy Cony Barrett's place and ship like that, and you have these fucking people who are like, look, I get it, you're mad, but there are rules and you're not. And you're like, but shut the rules, Like, yeah, you're lucky. They're just standing on Kavanaugh's fucking lawn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, what, I'm sorry, what's the social contract they're abiding by?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Wheah, it comes to people's body.
Speaker 2: Yah, you could go break into someone's house and yank them out of bed, but we can't.
Speaker 3: Fucking the guy.
Speaker 1: The people don't play a drum in the street.
Speaker 3: Oh god, he has no rhythm and that is on a face to him. That's embarrassing to him. Let him get back to bragging to his friends about the latest clean report he got about his son not jacking off. Yeah, that's right, yeah, amazing. Well, guys, I feel like we could talk to you for days, but we really appreciate you coming on. Congratulations again on ten years of greatness.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Where where can people find each of you? Follow each of you all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: By the way, our tenure anniversary episode is filmed and will be up you can buy it for like six months. It's about Jim Covizil and it's amazing. Wow, he's really normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh man.
Speaker 4: And then the Doll Podcast and you can find me Dave Underscore, Anthony Underscore Instagram where the adult podcast dot com is where we are. We're going on tour to Australia next week.
Speaker 2: Yep, So go to dollapodcast dot com for all that shit. We have a Patreon and we have a shitload of content up there and you can follow me at Renald Scareth. Yeah yeah, but yeah, thanks for having us on a pleasure ye of course.
Speaker 3: Is there a work of media that you guys have been enjoying. It can be a tweet, a film, TV show, anything like that.
Speaker 4: You know, do you know what happened last night? I watched a new It just came on shutter this French film that's like a spider horror movie about a spider infants infestation. Oh and it freaked me out so much that I wasn't screaming, but my wife said I was like going oh in the middle of nine, and she woke me up because the dream I was having that there was one spider on my head and I took it off, and then I started shaking my hair and all these spiders.
Speaker 3: Started coming off.
Speaker 2: So you're saying too much, best, I reckon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, ship.
Speaker 2: Actually I just watched uh White House Plumbers, which is a five part HBO show with Justin I said, Justin Trudeau, throw what Harrelson about Watergate? And it is if people like the dollar for people like history, it's such a great funny recreation of of that.
Speaker 4: And and you're not supposed to watch stuff like that, remember, no.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh and also I watched one hundred Beavers as it called.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that?
Speaker 2: It's the porn? Yeah, Mike, I just said it to Mike Johnson. I said, I'll leave it there anyway. I was gonna say, don't watch that because everyone was recommending that to me. And I watched Insane.
Speaker 4: Is that about the beavers that were dropped in.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's this weird. I can't remember what the fuck it's called. It's don't watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the watch some thing you don't know the name of.
Speaker 2: That's right. Pretend I never spoke, or pretend I spoke. Either way, It's equal influence.
Speaker 3: Amazing Miles. Where can people find you? What's the working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Find me on Twitter, Instagram, at Miles of Gray and yeah, pretty much where they got at symbols. If you like basketball, check Jack and I on on Miles and Jack on Mad Booths where I've made my peace with the Lakers season.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Get another great podcast, yeah, Garth, Well, yeah, you joined us at the beginning of last year and then uh also I talked about ninety day on four to twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexander, so to check that shit out too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, working media, working media.
Speaker 1: Honestly, just seeing all the footage of student protests is really heartening for me.
Speaker 3: I like everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously not like the shitty police violence part, but like seeing places like my alma mater and like other campuses just activate so quickly and like reminds you it's not the fucking app that showed you how to hack air airline tickets that did it. It's a sense of humanity that people share and that's what's connecting people. And I think that's it's heartening to see and I just fucking hope that the people who can actually do something about it fucking do something about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Uh. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien uh tweet I've been enjoying mister Chow tweeted, I love how Shack signs on to sell literally any product. He's like Krusty the Clown. That's at Saracha Chow. You can find us on Twitter at Daily's heike Gist. We're at v daily zeike Geist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website dailyzeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes. So link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. So it's a song that we think you might enjoy, Myles, what is a song you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm really liking this band from the UK called Oma. They're like a four piece and they're a live band and they just like to like right now they have an album which is like all just Golden era hip hop instrumentals that they're recreating.
Speaker 3: Oh hi, yeah, we were listening for Yeah, so let me see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like maybe we'll go out on the tribe called Quest One. This is electro Electric Relaxation by Oma and again it's like live music and it just I don't know, it just helps you remember why you love these tracks so much. So Yeah, Oma Electric Relaxation.
Speaker 3: We will link off to that in the footnotes. These is the production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll talk to hell then bye bye