Speaker 1: Miss Spelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi friends, Okay, we're back for another episode of Misstepping. It's me and my co host Easton and we're discussing Dancing with the Stars. Season thirty four, Episode.
Speaker 2: Three, Episode three. We're moving our way through this dance competition. It's so exciting.
Speaker 1: It was TikTok Night.
Speaker 2: I went into this with trepidation. I did not know what TikTok Night was going to be.
Speaker 1: You and me both are the.
Speaker 2: Dances going to be fifteen seconds? Like? What is this? And I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed TikTok Night.
Speaker 1: I really did too. I'm going to have to go back for one second. Just say happy anniversary.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. My wife and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary as we record this last night, and it's just gets better and better every day. I'm so grateful to be married to her.
Speaker 1: And he did post the most enormous steak I've ever seen, and I'm still drooling.
Speaker 2: It was great. Yeah, we went to a nice steak dinner and then I came home and watched Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: It was a good boy back to work, just how she wanted you to spend the end of your anniversary. I'm sure. I also want to tell you that yesterday I interviewed David Howard Thornton, who is aka Terrifier Art the Clown, and that episode is out now on Misspelling. Check it out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't wait to listen. I was hoping I'd be part of that, but I couldn't, and I'm so sad because the scariest guy in modern horror I think, I mean, what.
Speaker 1: A legend he. I came away from that interview not being terrified but crushing on him. He just he is so lovable that it makes him Oh my gosh, he's a great. Okay, jumping into Dancing with the Stars TikTok Night, I was scared too because we both don't know TikTok dances, and I was like, is this going to impact how we are able to discuss it? And I'm happy to say no, No. It was felt good.
Speaker 2: Like they opened up with the Apple Dance with Charlie Demelio, and that was really fun to see because that's the TikTok dance I do know and can do. I love the happy dance and when they first started, I heard I heard Alfonso say TikTok like six times in the and I'm like, oh my god, how many times are they gonna have to say TikTok? Tonight A drinking game that will have you floored by the first commercial break?
Speaker 1: This is true. Charlie Dumilio was throughout the episode, and she is such a great performer, and so I loved watching her do her thing throughout. Now I got to say, I may know we're gonna into it and go through the performances. I want to say it was it was a little hard to watch last night. I felt like the camera angles were off interesting throughout the dances. Now you know what, Hey, I don't know anything and they are all so amazing and work so hard, but not that they were off. Here's the thing. When you do your run through the day before, they do it for camera angles so they can see what's going on, and then they will adjust where you do things on the floor so that and they tell you, you know, rehearsal day, like you know, this is your camera for this angle. So when you see you know, the stars, like look right into the camera. They've been told like and hopefully you remember that you had to remember your whole dance. And then cameras and there's cameras everywhere, but I did. There was a lot of long lens camera angles and I it just bummed me out because I was like, Oh, I just I just want to see a closer angle on that move because I want to see if you know, how that the legs. I want to see if they did it right. Do you know what I mean? At something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I wonder, Yeah, I'm curious why it was different because like they do. That's something I always find interesting is like if you follow everybody on social media, you'll see them posts like oh it's camera blocking day. And I've always like gone like, oh god, I wonder what how does that actually work? Are you like you're not in do you do that in wardrobe or not? Okay? So like it's everyone doing their dances and like sweatpants and stuff, which is probably fun to see.
Speaker 1: Uh, and you're miked up so you have the thing around your waist and you get three.
Speaker 2: Passes okay, Because I was like, how do you know? Because the camera crew has to figure and the director and stuff have to figure out like where they're going to be and they can't just I'm sure that takes at least a couple of passes correct.
Speaker 1: And you have before this day, you know, kind of your final version when it's up to park have recorded it, your pro towards it and sends it to the director so that he can know what's going on before. But the interesting thing is you get three passes, so if you mess up, that's it because they have a full day and it's like go go, go, go go. So camera blocking day wasn't to me like oh whatever, It was super scary because I was like, I get three passes at this I gotta.
Speaker 2: Do it right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you blow it halfway through, you've got to keep going. You get one more, you know, two more passes and that's it, off the stage onto the next couple.
Speaker 2: But but they yeah, the angles for this one were I I didn't realize it as I was watching it, but I'm like, something feels off about these and that that had to have been it. I mean, it's a but we did get There's a lot of great dances tonight. I really everyone has stepped up their game like this is I cannot believe how much everyone has improved from last week, like across the board.
Speaker 1: It is wild. Okay, first performance.
Speaker 2: Our Mormon wife, one of our Mormon wives. Yes, Jen Affleck and Jan Robneck. I'm feeling so confident saying his name now.
Speaker 1: I know. I just pause because I'm so grateful you say the last names. Because yeah, they did a chat chat to She's a Bad mom Madama.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love it because when they opened it up, it was the Mama Sita I'm a mommy sound from Love Island. So that was a fun Like I'm like, oh, this is how they're going to work the TikTok stuff in. They're going to have like little close.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that part. Oh wow, that's fun to hear. Oh cool, cool. I'm sure glad I have you and we're doing this show. Okay. Yeah. And so this is Jen's first TikTok video that went viral. Yes, right, and people were all, you know she talks about in her package. People were all like up in arms like how is she doing this so you know, pregnant about to give birth? Like is this dangerous? And anyway, they re enacted that she had the belly the hospital gown on.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Made my heart flutter a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was kind of crazy to see that. And then like she drops the belly out and the gown comes off and she's in her full beautiful dress. But I love.
Speaker 1: It just broke right there. But instead of water, it was just glitter like and then everywhere.
Speaker 2: A little a baby comes out and starts dancing too. The automobile dancing baby comes out. And you know, so last time, I kept thinking all week, I've been thinking about Yan getting scolded by carrying that like really stuck with me all week. I was like, so, I'm glad they were first because I'm like, oh, is he going to get in trouble again? Is he gonna is he going to be a bad boy? Her feet stayed on the damn ground. He did not. There's no lifts. There was like there was a cool like there was some like spin moves and stuff, but she was not in the air. He took that criticism to heart and uh yeah, and and kept her on the ground, kept her on terra firma.
Speaker 1: Were you surprised at their scores though? Carry Inn gave a seven, Derek six and Bruno six. I was.
Speaker 2: I thought it was I thought it was better than that. I think they they may have been. They're one of the lowest, that's for sure, of the night.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they got so low?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I Uh, it's those specifics of their of the judgment was Derek says they needed sharper footwork and uh and Bruno needed cleaner finishes. But I thought it was fine. I didn't think of I don't know. I thought there were much sloppier dances the night, and I thought there was fine. I thought it was pretty Chris.
Speaker 1: I did too, But then I was thinking, Okay, they're the first ones out, So I'm wondering if, like throughout the night, if they were like, oh shoot, maybe we should have given them better scores or not such so much criticism because there were dances that weren't as good like she she had cleaner lines and sharper footwork than a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I agree. You know that's something I don't think about that it comes into account is like the first you know, as the show goes on, I think they're the judges are like figuring out like, oh, how are we how are we ranking these compared? Like are they comparing it to like other people or you know, like you're supposed to judge it on its own. Obviously it's supposed to be in a vacuum, but like, how can you not after you've seen four dances? How do you not be like, oh, this wasn't as good as the last guy? You know, it's a.
Speaker 1: Can you not? Maybe they should be strapped into lie detectors.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're pros. I trust these guys like.
Speaker 1: I trust them of course.
Speaker 2: Okay, next Lauren Hereggi Fifth Harmony's Lauren Hareggi and Brandon Armstrong. I was thinking about this, how many contestants get to dance to their own song? Like does that? Does that happen that often? I thought this was fun. She danced to a Fifth Harmony song.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Yeah, I don't know, you know, I'm wonder in the past we should look that up, Like who has ever done that before? Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like like I didn't know if it would be like a against the rules because it's like almost an unfair advantage, like they already know how to dance to it. But yeah, well yeah maybe she danced to Work from Home by Fifth Harmony, a song that came out in like twenty sixteen, long before we were all working from home. A very prescient song. And I loved they had the they had construction equipment on the on the stage or on the dance floor. Brandon got to wear the cool vest that he unfortunately had to wear the entire night.
Speaker 1: The have this Like, Yeah, I did like that vest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it was cool. I not she She felt off time for a lot of this dance. I felt like she was really dragging. I don't know, I just noticed, like I felt like she was trying to catch up and then she was falling behind again. But she did pull it together for this big kick Brandon did over her head, and I was like, if she was off time on that, that would have been so bad.
Speaker 1: She might have been preferred to be knocked out there at that point in the program. Yeah, and all her bandmates, no group mates, what do you call them from Fifth Harmony?
Speaker 2: Yeah, her, the rest of Fifth Harmony were there. You know, Camilla Cabello has long since left the group, so she was not there, But Dina, Jane, Ali Brooke, and Normani. They were all there. I know all their names. I'm a harmonizer. That was fun to see them altogether on TV.
Speaker 1: That was cool. They were there to support Adrir. Producer is telling us Jason Moraz danced to his own song. Well wow, so that was season thirty two, I believe. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay a recent development for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm not gonna lie here whatever. There's no spoiler alerts here. Everyone's seen the show. I assume, even though we're not going to say it. But when Derek said, you're going to be here a long time, I suddenly it's the spooky season. I always go back to horror film references. It's in a horror from when you're watching and the person says, I'll be right back and you're like, oh, you're going you're dying. Did you feel a little bit of that when he said that?
Speaker 2: I know I thought that same thing, and she I felt bad because she was like so pumped to hear that, Like she her face lit up when he said that, and I was like, oh God, this is the the kiss of death. And then she then they got a lower score than then they got six and sixes straight across. God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Derek, Derek, you cannot say that to people because gosh, that that's that's like worse than than winning like the Academy Award. What's the what's the curse one? Uh? Is it supporting female?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, yes? Uh like like Chris.
Speaker 1: No leading actress, supporting female supporting actress?
Speaker 2: Uh? Have has there been a time like? I wonder how often like they'll make some claim like You're gonna be here a long time. I can see you taking home that mirror ball. I think you're gonna win the whole thing. Talk about a curse that yeah, yeah, no, yea anyway, sorry lall.
Speaker 1: And I And you know what I gotta say, I didn't love it. Yeah, I really loved her performance last week. This week, I was like, she probably had so much pressure putting on herself that a dancing to her own song b her. The other Fifth Harmony members were there like to me. When I was there, so many friends asked me like can I come? Can I come see it? And I was like no, no, no, wait till I get comfortable, because I knew it would make me super nervous. Like nine ers who want know, friends like Gabrielle came the night I got eliminated. Maybe maybe it made me really nervous, but I just kept telling people just wait, just wait because I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's another thing. I always feel like the contestants like are like, oh, I'm just competing, but like if you you're inviting people personally, like your friends are there, you're family. Like they bring out a lot of celebrities. This was a star studed night. There was a lot of big stars in the audience. They kept cutting too, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, was like, you know, check out who's in the audience, like nasty and I was like who.
Speaker 2: Really quick, there's a guy I follow on TikTok that I didn't think was like like he's he's really he's big, but he's not like a superstar. His name is Jersey Joe and he lives in New Jersey and he always dances in his living room with his slippers, and I just they kept cutting to him. He got he was there and he got a lot of FaceTime and I was like, oh my god, that's Jersey Joe. And like they didn't like shout him out or put his name up or anything. But I was I'm not a big TikTok guy, but like the one guy I followed was in the audience.
Speaker 1: So that was kind of fun, Like how big a following does he have?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's got like a couple hundred thousand. It's not nothing. But also there's people on TikTok that have like tens of millions and.
Speaker 1: To follow the Jersey Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations Jersey Joe. He made it to dance with the stars. Uh, Daniel offishal is next and Pasha Pashakav We love them. We kept saying this, remember the iHeart family, good friends of ours. I was blown away by this. I thought she did so good. This is her best look too. I loved her dress, I loved I loved her makeup. I thought she looked fantastic. She danced with a Sabrina Carpenter song. She danced a man child. Sabrina made a video, sent it in. It was in the intro package. I was really a big fan of this.
Speaker 1: Now tell me the backstory, because I don't want to get this wrong. And you know better than me. Sabrina Carpenter was on not Boy Meets World, but when they did the reboot.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was the world correct Meats World. She was like the supporting like if you remember for the Boy Mets World fans out there. There was Cory who was the boy, and then Sean is his friend, and Sabrina plays like the Sean analog in the reboot, she's like the friend of the main character. And she and Danielle was on the show and she directed a lot of episodes and she and Sabrina became very close. This is over a decade ago now, and yes.
Speaker 1: Like, if you didn't know that, you might just be like, whoa did daniel get Sabrina? Carpenter just ended a video.
Speaker 2: Right like, yeah, how'd you get the most famous person her? Yeah? Uh? And then another thing I liked that I don't know how often this happens. She danced to the official version of the song like it was like the like that was the Sabrina version. It wasn't the band the in house band playing it. I was like, Oh, Sabriena must have licensed it to Dancing with the Stars or something. They must have been able to clear it to that level because I thought that that was really fun.
Speaker 1: I thought, is that an unfair advantage?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, Like does it throw you off to hear? Like the band is incredible? They're so incredible. They're just I mean, they say it's the best band in television, and I completely agree. It's just like the song sounds so good and their vocalists are so talented, but also like, you know, there's times where you're like, you're listen to I Will Survive and like sends a little off because it's not you know, right.
Speaker 1: So what happens is you practice all week to the real deal music, just back on your phones and you're just like dancing to it, and then close to the performance, the band gets you their version, so you could start to get comfortable with that.
Speaker 2: Okay. I was curious about that because I didn't know if like you were hearing it for the first time with the Imagine, because I'm like, it's again, they're so good, but like it might be a little faster, might be a little slower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. I So I loved this as well. I know the fox Trot, well, I only did two dances. I'm dancing God, the start fox Trot was my first one, so I'm my heart is with Foxtrot, So I loved it. It's not an easy dance and definitely one where like you have to work on your your gosh, what id Pasha always tell me your frame your frames, so you have to keep your shoulders up, shoulders back, shoulders down, and you know, that's been a big thing that they told Danielle, keep your shoulders down, and she did it this week. And Bruno says he loves a good student, so that was great. I thought it was beautiful. I thought she looked absolutely stunning. I always get nervous with the long dresses that there's going to be when there's movement, especially a fox trot, that you're gonna, ah my heel is gonna get caught or something. Uh. And that's just because that happened with me, So I'm always paranoid. But it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just look great. Congratulations Danielle. They were very excited about how she was taking the tips. She was implementing their advice. Just the tip, just the tip, that's all. I had to go. Jordan Childs's next and Ezra Soso. We were blown away by them last week. Continue this one got me so emotional and everyone in the room was, and me at home watching this in my bedroom, I was emotional too. She danced to Anxiety by Doci and she opened up about her struggles with anxiety. I know a lot of people watching the show also struggle with it and listening to this podcast too, and I think that was such an important thing for people to see. And I loved hearing her open up about that this like accomplished athletes, person who's won gold medals, Like it's just and watching it, I'm gonna get emotional talking about it. But like seeing her seeing the judges react to her was such a powerful moment. And I loved this dance she was. They did the spin during the dance that left me speechless. I was like clutching my pearls. It was just it was incredible.
Speaker 1: Do you just say you're clutching your pearls?
Speaker 2: I was like, she they did this like really fast spin. Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 1: I once again, just like I had told you last week, I cried again during this day as well. I got emotional again too. I cush I went into this and I love Esra and friends with him, but I, you know, I don't know Jordan, and I was just like, Okay, you know, I hope they do well. I'm now such a huge fan of this duo after the last two weeks. I my, I have so much emotional attachment to them, and yeah, I think people everywhere feel like you know, athletes entertainers, like they can't relate to them because they don't have the problems they have at home. And she really showed the world like, you know what doesn't matter, Like I'm a master Olympian, Like it's not about that I have the same troubles that anyone watching this right now can have. I go through this and it's nice to be able to release it and convey that to the world. And I was right with her. Anxiety is a really tough thing that everyone deals with and it was so nice to see her get that therapeutic release.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean this their their best dance yet, huge score, triple eight's. Everyone gave her an eight. Just fantastic, fantastic showing. I too, Like when we started this, I was like, oh, she's she seems cool. I'm excited to see what like athletes can do. But I'm such a big Jordan Child's fan. Now I'm so excited too.
Speaker 1: I saw online they have like T shirts now, the two of them. A lot of people are making T shirts, like duo T shirts for their for their team. Love that and I love what Derek said turned anxiety into artistry.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a T shirt there, there.
Speaker 1: Is, Alison, your wife and I have a running list of T shirts. I'm gonna have to tell al add that to the list.
Speaker 2: That Dylan Efron and Daniella Karra Gosh dance the Foxtrot to Yukon by Justin Bieber. That's a new song of his, and Dylan said he was a he's friends with Justin Bieber. I believe him. We did not see a video like Sabrina did, so Unfortunately, I don't know for sure that he and Justin our friends.
Speaker 1: Wait do you think it's like the Hollywood friends where it's like we're friends like you know each other, or you think they're like friends like grows.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I feel like if they were, I mean, Justin just released two big albums, but he could get on the iPhone make a quick little video come on man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, me too, I just trust Yeah, he's he's great. They did a really cool dip in Spin that I liked, and uh, you know, the last two weeks they've been they keep saying Danielle is such a powerful dancer, you need to be the leading man. You need to you need to step into this and and he's getting better, but I don't think he's quite there yet. And they Carrie Anne was saying like, there's two groups of people on this show. There's like the beginners and there's the people that have like a dance background or right performance background, and they're they're looping Dylan in with the beginners, and which I think, yeah, it's not like giving him a handicap or something. But very impressed with how he's progressing, how he's focusing and everything he's learning. It is cool to watch him become a better dancer and more comfortable doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's nailing the moves, which is so great. So so here they're choosing their words carefully on this show. So there's you know, even Dylan says like Danielle, Danielle is such she's a powerhouse. And I was like, so, what you mean is she's a dom and near a sub. Let's let's break it down. You know, they're doing the PG version, We're going to do the r RA to here she's a top he or bottom. No, I'm just kidding, she just kidding, No, but this, you know, dominant just meaning dominant. You know, she's a pro. And it's again here's where I think it's tricky sometimes, in this particular one. I always say men have the advantage men's stars because the female everyone's looking at them, but he's so good that they're really saying no, no, no, no, you have your female pro. But you need to start leading her. Yes, because the man in the ballroom, when it's a man and a woman, the man is supposed to lead. So yeah, I thought he did much better. You could see he's really trying. It's not It must be really hard because she is a strong female.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, quite literally. Yeah, I can't imagine that would be so hard to and then while at the same time doing all the moves in the steps and everything. That's got to be hard to like put yourself in that mindset, but.
Speaker 1: It does take you to. Also, it tells you what type personality you are, Like, like, I'm a type A personality. What would you call yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm definitely Type B, maybe even C. I would struggle with this big time if it were me, so afraid to say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that goes into play when you're on the dance floor, Like Pasha would always tell me like, stop you You're like, I had no idea what I was doing, but because my type a personality, I was just pushing, you know, and going, and he's like, let me lead you, and I was like, oh okay, so yeah, so that goes in hand here, whether you're a male or a female.
Speaker 2: Bruno called this fifty Shades of Foxtrot, which I thought was very fun.
Speaker 1: Do you think you came up with that one on the zone?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was thinking about that and zer Piece.
Speaker 1: They're like in the control room, someone's like shouting out. It's almost like like an ad agency, like mad men, Like they're just like shouting out things and someone's like, brand's gonna go with that, So they shout out things like that's the one tell the judge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like do they have like a punch up guy in the in the room?
Speaker 1: That's right? Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was trying to see, like I'm trying to figure out there where did if they have your pieces in? Because then the other thing we're talking about, like when they lock in their their votes or their scores. They did an overhead shot and I could see I was wondering what it was, and it's there's just an iPad in front of them. Uh, and so because it's an iPad, like I mean, like I wonder if they're like there's a producer sending the messages like oh you should highlight this or here's something you could say.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, and I should know this. Yeah, see I shouldgress.
Speaker 2: And then on another note, it got really bad here. They fix it later in the show. But Derek's brooch, his giant brooch on his jacket, was rubbing against his mic and it was driving me crazy. It sounded like a Transformer sound effect. It was like it was just so loud. And thankfully they fix it later in the show. There's a lot Derek struggles with his mic in this episode, and it was as a sound person, it was very distracting to me. But beautiful broach, beautiful Jackie for me.
Speaker 1: I here's what I'm thinking. I got nervous. The wardrobe department is so talented, the designer and just everyone that works in that department. I became very good friends with all of them, and I was like, oh, no, is someone getting in trouble right now? Like why that broch right near in the mic? And I was like, oh God, I hope not, but I was a fan. I'm a fan of a man in a broach, I really am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when that that's science. It was like, well, thank you, thank you very much. Yeah, I'm really excited to see more from Dylan and Danielle. Elaine hendricks is next, uh and they and Alan Alan sorry Elaine Hendrickson, Alan Burston.
Speaker 1: On the same I can say, I can't pronounce the rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a layup for you. They dance a tango to Gnarly by Cat's Eye, and I felt this song was very distracting from the dance. It was a really like it's a really kind of weird song, and to me, I was having a hard time focusing on their moves because the music was so intrusive in my in my mind anyway. But she looks, she looks great. They did a great job.
Speaker 1: It was my favorite. I'm probably no shocker here, Like that's totally like my vibe, one of my vibes. So like her outfit. I was like, when I saw like the chart and coming out, I was like, oh my god, oh my god. I got so excited. Her hair and her she just she looked so hot, Like it's really I was looking at her the whole time, like, how are you fifty four years old?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right, she's smoking.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. She looks so good, so.
Speaker 1: You probably, Like I have to say, they did a lot of reference to Parent Trap and she was the stepmom.
Speaker 2: Meredith Meredith, Yes, and the parent Trap.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the reference, Like, why this song do they pick it? Is there something I'm missing?
Speaker 2: I did not. I don't know that either. It's that's a new song. It's by a band called Cat's Eye. They did the They did a gap jeans ad that kind of went viral recently. They danced to a milkshake my milksha that they're a girl group. They're getting a lot of love for that. But that's this is an older one of their songs. But I don't know the connection there.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: They the floor had a projection on it and I had never seen that yet that I if I have, I missed it last time. But like, I thought, that was cool to see something on the floor itself.
Speaker 1: That is cool when they do that. You're right, I don't think they have done it this season so far. Yeah, Yeah, I loved it. I felt like there were moments where I was like it was too. It was off the music in the moos am I correct, do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was like it's fast.
Speaker 1: Like she did the best she could like and you're right with that dance with the tango. I don't know. Tango's a powerful dance, but it's also you feel like kind of romantic and this was just like boom hitting at hard heart and I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, yes, still good scores. I mean, seven's across the board and Carrie Anne reminds her she needs tod trust Alan Moore. Trust your partner, you're in his hands.
Speaker 1: But literally, yeah, I wonder what they mean by that trust. I wonder if well, she's supposed to want a tango.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but were they like sensing hesitation in the moves with that? Yeah, I'm curious where that where that note comes in, Like how did they's.
Speaker 1: Something about the space or was that another couple I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, Elaine Hendrickson Allenberston a great job. Oh and then they call out Derek's mike rubbing against the broach and they're like, we'll fix it after the break. And I was really I was pumping my fist in the air, so I was excited about that. Then we come back, we have another Mormon wife. This is Whitney Levitt and Mark Vallas, and I just got to say I was really hoping Whitney Levitt went viral years ago for her child had RSV and was in like intensive care in the hospital and she did a TikTok dance like next to the hospital bed. Like it was this trend where like you'd do like a it's like a kind of a weird rhythm and you're like bouncing your hands to it and like pointing at things on the screen. And it was like she was doing this weird dance like, yes, my child has RSV, like we don't know what the outcomes would be, and it was she got a lot of heat for it because it felt very extremely insensitive to do. So we were all hoping that that was going to be the dance. I was like, if she does the RSV dance, I'm gonna be so excited. She did not. She danced to Shake your Ass by Mystical dance a samba, and I meant it.
Speaker 1: Was so good. I know I say this every week that they're one of my favorite couples, but like they just don't disappoint.
Speaker 2: They're so good, so good. Yeah, really really. Something else I love about the performance is the gimmicks. Go along way with me. If you have props, if you've got some kind of gimmick, I'm gonna be like on the edge of my seat. I love it. I know that's not what it's about. It's about the dancing, but I love the gimmicks. They like halfway through the dance, they like put a TikTok like screen on the camera and so it was like they were dancing first couple. They did that with all Yes, that was I loved that. I thought that was really fun. And that also must have been hard to remember when that's coming in which camera it's going to be. That must have been hard to do. I thought that was so fun and cool. Uh yeah, that was great. And she had these crazy pants that look cool too. I loved her pants.
Speaker 1: I loved her pants. But I thought at some point he was gonna rip them off like booty shorts on or something. Yeah, yeah, tear away pants. God. Yeah, yeah, the TikTok thing very cool. It was distracting for me a little bit because well, I was watching the East Coast feed, which you know, We're on West Coast time, and I was watching it on my phone because I was trying to often make my dinner at the same time, and so it got even smaller for me when it did that, you know, the TikTok frame. Yeah, and I was like, wait, I can't see. I can't see. And then afterwards I was like, well, wait if that just shot the numbers through the roof, Like is that unfair that they didn't do that for every couple? Like how do they chise?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know, how are those decisions? Man? I'm so curious, But yeah, when you love it, great job, really really excited to to see more from her, Moving on to a Scott Hoying and Riley Arnold. He's from Pentatonics. A big improvement I thought for him. He did such a good job.
Speaker 1: You wanted him to take up space and he really took that to heart.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did great.
Speaker 1: I was proud of him.
Speaker 2: So so good. Just red hot as as Derek Derek huff says, a huge just a great dance. His dance was so good it felt like it broke carry on, Like she like stood up and like didn't know how to react. She was like so excited and so so pumped for him. She gave him an eighth and called him the King of TikTok night.
Speaker 1: She did, she did us listened to hear the dance was jazz. I didn't know that was.
Speaker 2: Like an option, an option. Yeah, yeah, I didn't know either. I thought it was you know, there's like a bank of dances that we keep seeing, right, But yeah, it's jazz. They danced to like Jenny by Jenny, who is a member of Black Pink, which is a K pop group. This is a solo song from her, and uh, yeah it was great. I'm really you know, I didn't know how far he I would have thought he wasn't gonna make it very far. I'm like, oh, Scott's gonna be out in a couple of weeks, But no, he's he's stepped up his game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's here. I think he's here to stay. You're right, like he really? Yeah. I wasn't sure the last two weeks, and then this week I was like, oh, oh, hi, I see you.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah yeah, So Scott Hoying, congratulations, big big improvement and great scores. You really took it home. We move on to Hilaria Baldwin and Glebs to Chenko danced to Samba to Shake It to the Max. That's by Molly Silent, Addie Skinner Bang and She and Sia and great somber rolls that everyone kept calling about how beautiful the somber rolls were.
Speaker 1: I made me hungry for dinner roles. I didn't know there were somber rolls.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, some better than somber rolls. Uh yeah, yeah, I didn't. I don't see a lot of chemistry between her and club. I don't and I like Hilario and I want her to stick around. I'm not I was not feeling confident after this one. She got a good scores, she didn't get like bad scores, but I'm like, oh, not not. I don't think this was her strongest showing when everyone else has improved so much.
Speaker 1: I'm going to agree. And I'm friends with her and I love her, and I you know, I've said, God, it's like watching two pros dance this. You know what it was? It was more in her confidence in this one. I felt like, I don't know what I was feeling, I mean, but there was something. I agree they don't have much chemistry, but is that like a thing. I guess you have to have chemistry.
Speaker 2: I have. No, I don't know. I mean, I can't imagine it hurts, you know, to have that. And Carrie Ane said the musicality was off, which I don't know if I am able to catch.
Speaker 1: That, but yeah, I wasn't sure either, but that yeah, And then she quickly got nervous that the all the fans were gonna like come for her, and she was like, no, I'm not saying like dancing wise, it's great. It's not an amazing dancer. I'm not saying she's not an amazing dancer. It's just her musicality. I'm not sure what musicality is off. You know what it This happens quite frequently and all the pros will tell their stars. It's very different when you get there in the moment and you hear it loud. Yeah yeah, and you're hearing it loud, and you always have the three like click, click, and then boom, you go into it and it's just you hear it loud, and the pros will always tell their stars. This is common for everyone. You want to jump ahead fast, but you have to really pull yourself back and do it. In the time that you've done it before and not get ahead of yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh I didn't think. I mean mean to ask you what it's like right before it starts, like you do, like right before the dance starts. That must be so nerve wracket, like right before you start the whole routine, and like got that that moment would you be crazy for me?
Speaker 1: I mean I think everyone could probably tell I was so nervous, but it it was the lead up to it that made me even more nervous. I mean talk about anxiety. It is like you know, it's like an hour before, thirty minutes before you're like, oh my gosh, twenty minutes and then like I never wanted to be in the last group because for me, I wanted to get it over with. I didn't want to go through the whole show and like so it was like, gosh, I don't want to have to wait for you know, ten contestants and then go or eleven, twelve whatever. But in that one moment, so the camera's on you right before because they say you're up next, and you do your like little thing, that's your moment like to let it go, like you're nervous and then after that you really like you go through it real quick with your partner, like and then boom you go out to the stage. And I would say, for me in that moment, it was just you're in it. You're in it at that point. It's going There's no need to be nervous. At that point, you're just like, here we go.
Speaker 2: The train has left the station. Literally, so uh yeah, we'll see what happens with Laria.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was nervous, though. I was like, I was almost positive. I was like, they were in the bomb three last week. I was like, they're going home sadly tonight. This is it. Not even Chris Jenner in the front row is going to see her.
Speaker 2: She had Chris Jenner there, that's right. Uh yeah. I felt the exact same way I would have. I would have put money down that she was going home, and you know, spoiler alert, I was wrong.
Speaker 1: I would have put money down as well. Literally, I was like, she's the one. Ye anyway, very proud of her she made it through to another week and looking forward to another week of and hopefully hopefully they'll take the notes and work on it and come back with something amazing.
Speaker 2: We move on to a fan favorite. He has really captured the hearts of everyone watching dance. When it starts Andy Richter with Emma Slater, they danced a foxtrot to Northern Attitude by Noah con and Hoosier and Andy is the heart of this show. It's it's I love that intro package. I could watch him. I just want to see the uncut practice footage. He's so fun to watch. He's said, he's so he's so optimistic and has such a great attitude. I just love him. I love him so much. He seemed more light on his feet this week. I teared up watching this dance and he seems like he's having so much fun, and I'm, yeah, you know again, he's in that beginner category, but he's just improved so much. You can tell he wants it so badly, and yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love Andy director, and I'm you know, I'm still Foxtrot is a really difficult dance and it's you know, a lot of feet work, and so looking at the feet, I was still a little like, you know, but he's working on it so incredibly hard, and he's just so lovable. Not to bring it back to myself, but you know, when they were like beginner level, but giving his heart. He's a heart. This is what Dancing with the Stars is about. I was like, wasn't that what I was last season? And then he voted me off first. Anyway, I digress. Andy Richter is here to stay. I'm telling you he is not going home for a while because I think they would get slam so much at this point if they send him home.
Speaker 2: I agree. I would have thought that he was going to before this. His performance last night, I really thought, I'm like, oh this is it was like, oh, he found this like love of dance and it's very sweet. But we're going to send him on his way. It's time for the real competitors to step in. I would have thought that's what I thought. He was going to be gone this week. But as much as that breaks my heart, but no, no, he is. He's here to stay. Yeah, yeah, he's a he's going the distance. I think, so uh yeah, we're really excited. And Emma Slater says, she seems so cool. She has such a great attitude, and she seems so excited to be working with him. It's I love it.
Speaker 1: Emma Slater is one of the coolest pros there is she is. She's really she calls herself like the dead mother, like she's the Mama bear and it's not an age thing like and she so she just is so the life of rehearsals. Like when you're there rehearsing, you can hear Emma in the other studio with her with her with her star and she's just you know, cheering them on. And she gives so much. And she also films almost all of the content. If there's like you know, other pros and groups and stars, she comes in and does all that and puts it all together.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So she she works really hard. She's super kind and nurturing and loving. And I'm really glad that she's going the distance this season.
Speaker 2: Shout out Emma Slater. We uh yeah, we love you so much. Now we're moving on. I mean, the the man, the couple of the Hour, Robert Irwin, Whitney Carson just killing it week after week. Yeah. I loved seeing the alligator in that intro package. That was really fun.
Speaker 1: And I have a problem with it.
Speaker 2: You had a problem with it, I do. Well, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's unfair. Well, I think everyone else they're opening packages till this point, is showing them during rehearsal and practicing, and then all of a sudden they get to go on a they get to go out of the studio and film. Does that not give him an unfair advantage to remind everyone like, oh, this is his legacy, this is what he comes from, Like he's so great with animals, Like I don't know, he's already a fan favorite, and then we're going to give him another tail up with that alligator, like.
Speaker 2: Hello, they got to go on a field trip trip. And then they shout out that he is the most followed contestant on TikTok. He has I think he has nine million followers or something on I don't know about Instagram. On TikTok, he is the most faulut of any contestant, which kind of surprised me. But I guess what he does lends itself to TikTok very well.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's not fair. He was he was announced months before everyone else was, so people could start following him and building his I don't know. Yeah, if I was a contestant and I saw the packages last night, I might be like, hey, well, why don't I get to do. I don't know, Like for Hilaria, well, you know, she might be like, hey, I want to do a package where you come with me and my kids and show me being a mom with all my seven kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, and all the stuff I have to balance with practicing for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: So. I thought his dance was great. It was a very intimate dance danced a million dollar baby by Tommy Richmond. And he ripped his shirt off, which was cool. He looks great, He's got a great body, it felt, but they were This was not like just a street across the board. Everyone loved it. He he did get some he got some criticisms. I loved it. So Carrie Anne told him to put like joking, like, put your shirt back on the entire house.
Speaker 1: I feel like a grandma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's her boinger, little.
Speaker 1: Robert Irwin anymore? I'm not gonna lie. I kind of felt it felt weird to me because I'm like Dylan Efron, like, take your shirt off all day and night, my friend, Yes, but Robert Irwin didn't. And I was like, I don't know. And his hello, his body is, by the way, it is perfection yes, but I think we all of a certain age know him since he was a little boy, like watching him.
Speaker 2: A little child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was like, oh my gosh. But it did be a little chippendales for some reason. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah it did. And then Derek gets booed. He said that Robert his moves are too rigid for salsa, and it was I just thought that was funny because then all of a sudden, the entire ballroom turns into a salsa expert. They're like, noooo, they're not too and there's like, you know, is that.
Speaker 1: Where Carrie was like, don't boo him.
Speaker 2: It was so funny.
Speaker 1: By the way, I didn't get it either. I was like, wow, the stance is perfect again, you know what I mean, Like I didn't realize it's rigid for a salsa.
Speaker 2: I thought so too, But two boom moments during the judge's criticisms, which I thought was funny, and.
Speaker 1: Then rigid moments more like sharp met TikTok moves incorporated.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe I don't know. I don't know, uh, And and then Robert said that Whitney had to extract the riz. That was a cool, a cool thing.
Speaker 1: To say, I like that he said that that he's not a cool guy, and she's you know what I like about him is he took all criticism mild and just he just seems like a really nice guy. And I liked it. You know what, I'm not mad that they gave this criticism because it made him. It kind of made him more human. Came into this like such like you're gonna win this, You're perfect, everything's right. So now I'm like, okay, you know he got criticism for ones and like, yeah, I can relate to him now more.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it was cool to not just see like universal praise too, Like he's gonna be able to take if things don't go perfectly, He's gonna be able to take this Christiso. Yeah. There a last, but not least Alex Earl and Valish Murkowsky.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's your favorite gans in the competition.
Speaker 2: That's right, a TikTok superstar. But for Get Ready with Me is for makeup videos, not dancing, so not too much of an advantage here. She They did a song called it was called pop music. I was not familiar with this song. I didn't really care for it, but they dance a quick step very quick.
Speaker 1: And choreographed by TikTok superstar Molly Long.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I was wondering, you know, is is that an unfair advanced They get an extra an extra coach?
Speaker 1: What the hell okay with then slipping unfair advantages to some of the stars here.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's crazy. I would be so mad if I know everyone there is a big family. Everyone becomes very close. But like if I was, if I was Lauren and HEREGGI, I would be like, what the hell I don't get to I don't get another coach and stuff like that. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was not.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: It was cool to watch as a viewer, but I was like, this is not a fair advantage here. But anyway, I thought she crushed it, like cool crushed it.
Speaker 2: She did this crazy cartwheel near the end. It was so so cool, just a great she did a great job. She's really really improved, I think too. And another great set of scores. Everyone tonight was just on their game, like great dances tonight last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, they they all are putting their best two feet forward.
Speaker 2: That's right. So but now, unfortunately we do have to send someone home. Always a stressful part of the show. That's got to be just so brutal, standing up there waiting to hear your name. The bottom three Andy Richter, Elaine Hendrix, Lauren HAREGGI again, I think a lot of us were expecting Andy to go home.
Speaker 1: Before I was sure to. Lario wasn't in the bottom three. Yes, I wish she was last week and this week I thought her, you know, she was a little off, so good for her.
Speaker 2: I would have put her. I'm sorry, Hilaria, I would have put her instead of Andy. I think I think Andy did a really did a better job than are you? And Elaine too. Elaine was was great. I don't understand. Hilaria was just safe. She's safe. But the bottom three and then uh, we do have to send home Lauren Harraggi from Fifth Harmony. Sorry, she's she'll be working from home going forward. And she was not happy about it.
Speaker 1: I I mean it took. It was very reminiscent of Annadelby last season, saying how is your you know, what did you get from your experience at Dancing of Stars? Nothing? And Lauren said, how do you feel right now? And she goes pissed, but she said it with a smile and I was like, you know what, I love when someone goes out with a bang, like you know, she could have been like this has been the most amazing person like me babbling, or you could just be like pissed, like I wasn't ready to go home, Like no one pissed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it because that's real. That's that's how I would feel too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Great, great Brandon. I felt like he was upset. Yeahs like never break character, you know, they know to be like professional. I felt hurt for him. I mean, he Brandon is so amazing and he went to the finals last year with Chandler, so I was I think he's such such a great dancer and such a great pro and has such great heart. And I was bummed people going home this soon? Yeah, but there they go and next week? What do we have next week?
Speaker 2: Next week is Disney Night. Oh but to celebrate the seventieth anniversary of the Disneyland Park and Resort, it is Disney Night on Dancing with the Star is always a fun time. Very excited about that me too.
Speaker 1: I always love that. I really wanted to make it to Disney Night last year and I didn't. But vicariously, here I can step back out into the ballroom and comment on other people's performances instead of my own. So this is great. So we'll see you next week for another episode of miss stepping What Tory and Easton go bye? Let's misstep out of here bye,