Speaker 1: Second date of date. I don't know about you, guys, but I've only had cops show up to my dates two or three dozen times, and all of them had taraway pants, so I didn't even mind being handcuffed on them.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I know what the problem is here, because I still know.
Speaker 1: Still calling the authorities in the middle of a romantic encounter usually not a great sign.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: But one of our listeners, Tara, sent us an email saying her friends almost dialed the police during her first date, and she says it was a good thing. What's learned about this?
Speaker 4: Tara?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, you are safe, right, Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: She obviously has no duct tape on her mouth. That's really start.
Speaker 1: Okay, very interested to hear what happened on your date. Tell us what's going on. Who's this guy that you met?
Speaker 5: Well, his name is Rich, okayt him online?
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm already like assuming there's some huge red flag if your friends want to call the police, Well.
Speaker 5: I mean it was kind of my fault.
Speaker 2: You're the red flat. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, you met Rich online? What attracted you to Rich?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't do online dating that much. But when I saw his profiles, he had the cutest dog. He also had like this quote in his description saying human looking for another human to share a pizza with. And I'm like, okay, I love pizza, that's my favorite food.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound like it's actually a person anymore.
Speaker 2: Is there a choice to put non humans?
Speaker 1: Are aliens already hopping on to It?
Speaker 3: Was like he's trying to make a joke, but it didn't come out.
Speaker 2: She liked it.
Speaker 5: They last, Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Of course. Did do humans get pizza together? Is that what you ended up doing?
Speaker 4: Yes, we did.
Speaker 5: He arranged the date for us, and really all of this is just my fault, Like I'm the one that messed up. I mean the date was fabulous. I mean I show up there, I see the guy and he's stunning. You know, I give Riches huge hugs.
Speaker 2: He's stunning. We don't hear that about men very often. That's a really nice compliment.
Speaker 5: No, I mean this guy, Wow, Like I really lucked out. He was way better looking than the photos.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome because he was so ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was stunning in the good way.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's just the conversation was so great that I had forgot to check my phone.
Speaker 3: Oh now, why your girlfriends were trying to check in or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I had promised them that like ten to fifteen minutes into the date, I would give them an update, kind of let them know I was safe.
Speaker 2: That's really suited to a date.
Speaker 1: Really, he showed up emergency.
Speaker 5: It was like the stupidest thing because my phone was on silent and I had missed dozens of text messages from them asking like are you okay?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: But I was just there.
Speaker 5: I was having the time of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you were so into what was happening with you and Rich that you totally forgot it was a good day.
Speaker 3: Exactly when parents tell you when you were a kid, like you better be home or call us by this time, and you lose track. Five minutes later, they're like literally calling the police.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that would do that for three weeks.
Speaker 2: How long did it take for you to see the text messages from your friends?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it took me two hours.
Speaker 2: Oh oh so they are legit worried.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it wasn't even me checking my phone. There was a waiter. They came up to our table. He's like, there's a call for you.
Speaker 2: Whoa, oh, because you told them where you were gonna be, and so they called the restaurant. Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: That's exactly right, and oh my god, like it just made it made everything so weird. And I got up and I took the call, and afterwards, you know, I texted my friends saying like, hey, we'll probably be here for a little longer.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about us.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I was totally my mistake. They were freaked out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're good friends. You good friends. I'd forget I'd be like, oh my god, Ale, this was on a date yesterday and I forgot to text her. They would just stalk my location and be like, yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Wait did you tell him your friends called the restaurant or do you just say, like, all these scam callers are getting real bad.
Speaker 2: I don't want your warranty not interested.
Speaker 5: Well, I felt so embarrassed about it all. I kind of just brushed it off.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, okay, I feel like, as a guy, you wouldn't want to hear from the girl that you're with. By the way, I told my friends, I would warn now if you were okay, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, though it's like dating nowadays. I mean, everybody's got to be careful. I feel like the dudes should be telling their friends to check in on him. It's not just women.
Speaker 3: Dude, you tell me if she actually showed up, broll.
Speaker 2: Around, but it would be so nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the friends knew that you're okay. And how did the rest of the date go?
Speaker 5: I mean it went great. I don't think that affected anything at all. We kept talking, we were there so long that we closed down the.
Speaker 4: Restaurant, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then after that, I mean he just he gave me a kiss.
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 5: It was really sweet. I mean the guy is so attractive that, like, even if he was a bad kisser, I would, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've never met a guy like that before.
Speaker 1: Okay. And so how long has it been since the date happened.
Speaker 5: It's been almost a week now. I've just been waiting for him to make that move and I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 2: Do you have any guesses as to why not at all?
Speaker 5: I mean even after like the phone call I took with my friends, we were there for so much longer. We were having such a great conversation, and I would assume you wouldn't have kissed me if he didn't enjoy sony.
Speaker 4: Time with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, don't underestimate men and what we're willing to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, even girls will kiss anyone because she's born.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially we stayed there the whole night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a time.
Speaker 1: You'll stick around for hours. We'll see how strong this human to human connection really is when we come back, call Rich and try and get you a second date update right after this? Do you need to let your friends know that you're good on this call?
Speaker 4: By the way, No, okay, I make sure they're listening, to make sure you're okay.
Speaker 1: Your second day up date, next second date update. I know, whenever Jose is gone in the bathroom for over ten minutes, we all contact the police and let them know. Yeah, right, just in case. You know, he's supposed to text us how it's going in there. How are we supposed to know that he's Okay?
Speaker 3: Am I supposed to text updates?
Speaker 2: You just send him to me, don't send him to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm worried about you. I'm not, and I only bring that up because one of our listeners, Tara, was supposed to contact her friends to let them know that her first date with Rich was going well, but they hit it off so incredibly that she got distracted and never texted them, missed all of their calls during the date, and wasn't even aware that was going on until the waiter came over and said, your friends are on the line. This is two hours into the day and they're they're wanting to make sure that you're okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is the longest pizza date ever.
Speaker 4: Place.
Speaker 2: I'd be worried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but luckily it all worked out after that, except for the fact that he's not calling her back. Yeah, that is a tiny problem, but luckily it's a problem we can tackle, right Tara.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm excited to find out what's going on.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think even if.
Speaker 3: You come clean and tell him my friends called to check up on me, that doesn't seem like a deal breaker.
Speaker 2: It seems like you have good friends. It should be a green flag, not a red flag. Exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't take so Jo disagree. You have high maintenance friends who are gonna worry about you.
Speaker 2: Just carry You're not creepy yeah. I thought for sure, Jeff is gonna be like disagree. You have friends also surprises.
Speaker 1: What are you guys doing? Anyway, let's get calling Rich here and see what he has to say.
Speaker 5: You ready, Tara, I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Rich.
Speaker 4: This is Rich.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Rich. Hi.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 1: It's okay. This is a good thing. It's a good call because we're trying to set you up on another date with one of our listeners.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, all right, would that be.
Speaker 1: It's a girl that you've already been out with once to a pizza place. Her name is Tara.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're not going to read into that at all away. She sounds lovely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was a memorable date, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it memorable in a good way?
Speaker 4: No? I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you guys spent so much time together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We heard a little bit about the date from Tara, some highlights about being at the pizza place and having a blast for hours apparently.
Speaker 2: Honestly, she had no low lights. It was all highlights. It is how you guys connected.
Speaker 1: So she's just confused. Why it's been a week since then you haven't reached out to her.
Speaker 4: I mean I wanted to reach out with her. I just feel like I couldn't reach out to her. Like the police came to the date.
Speaker 1: And what what the police came?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she didn't tell you.
Speaker 3: No, no, wait, this isn't like a theme restaurant like police pizza.
Speaker 2: Pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking legit cops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were waiting outside the restaurant by my car.
Speaker 2: Wait what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah? At that point, I didn't know what was going on. So I was just trying to answer their questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, yeah, what was There are questions about like why were they there?
Speaker 4: I mean they you know, start asking me like are you out with a girl? Like I mean, apparently I had a warrant out for my.
Speaker 3: Arrest, like a previous.
Speaker 4: Is this this thing? So anyway, the fact that they were there, you know, it ended up not being good for me.
Speaker 2: Wait, you got arrested? Did you get arrested?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I had to spend the night in Dale.
Speaker 2: No, well no, did you deserve it from the previous warrants. It could just be unpaid parking tickets or something to left us. You better watch out, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was something stupid, But anyway, I didn't really want to talk much after that.
Speaker 1: Not a good guy.
Speaker 2: I do not think she knows that that happened.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, she didn't know that that happened, but now she does because we didn't mention this, Rich, but Tera has been on the other line this whole time, one to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, hey, rich Oh my god.
Speaker 1: This is one phone call.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we call them collect ara.
Speaker 1: Did you have any idea that there were police?
Speaker 5: No, Oh no, not at all. Oh my god. They said that they alerted the police because they were worried about me, But oh my, it was.
Speaker 2: Call the police.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, but the police never indicated that they would show up there or anything to them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: You know what police do them?
Speaker 1: Those darn police following up on things. God, they're so rude, as we may look at you. Why would you rate do that?
Speaker 2: Like, I understand they're checking on you, but they called the restaurant. No, that is not protective. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: They were worried about her.
Speaker 2: She was gone for two hours. It's not like she was missing for twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Then you called the We'll do that with one of your children the next time that you don't call them the same, okay.
Speaker 2: And they even called the restaurant to talk where they found out she was okay, Like, why would they call the police before that?
Speaker 3: That is true if they called the cops first, that's Tara.
Speaker 1: Do you have any answers for us here? We're confused.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm I'm so confused too, because like I said bye to him and I went to my car and that's it. Like I didn't see any cops.
Speaker 4: I had no idea pham.
Speaker 5: Like my mind is now jumping to like so many different conclusions, like I want to know what the war just for, Like did you do something like really bad?
Speaker 4: I mean, what does it matter? Like the point is, like I arrest I don't want to talk about it. It's just a stupid thing.
Speaker 5: Look it matters to me because like we we sone so long together. I learned so much about you and now I'm hearing this, like it completely changes everything I knew about you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not like something that you bring up on the first date, like, oh yeah, the interesting facts about me are I like dogs and I have a warn out for my arrest.
Speaker 1: But bro, put yourself into terror's shoes. If you were in her situation, you might want to know who you were out with that night.
Speaker 2: Not like it'd be my first ex felon I've dated.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what type of felony.
Speaker 2: I think that grand theft auto was fine as long as you, you know, don't do it anymore in her situation, but I want to know.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think we all want to know. Would you mind telling us what it is? Rich? If it's really bad, we'll take it out.
Speaker 4: It's stupid. I had a neighbor's kid kept kicking his ball into my yard and I didn't return the ball.
Speaker 2: That's it. So you stole a bouncy ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I stole the kids ball, so that does make sense.
Speaker 2: The parents called the police on you.
Speaker 4: The parents called the police about stolen property. You know, I got fined and I didn't show up to court.
Speaker 2: That's all pretty stupid. Yeah, I mean, does that make you feel better?
Speaker 5: I feel worse right now.
Speaker 2: Maybe she didn't finish your sentence. You mean you feel worse about the whole incident, right about your friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I feel like it's all my fall. Like if I would have checked my phone, the beach wouldn't have shown up there, he wouldn't have this like huge hassle. Is there any way I can make it up to you, Rich, Yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Make it up to her on another date that we would pay for if you willing to go out with Tara one more time.
Speaker 4: If you give me a arrested again I swore to.
Speaker 2: We can work around your upcoming next court date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have a three strike policy. Get me arrested twice, shame on me. Yes, the rest me three times, shame on you. We're gonna go with it. We need an answer from your rich yes or no? Another day?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: If you can promise five zero won't be involved, I think I can handle that.
Speaker 1: Your friends won't call the cops on this one.
Speaker 2: Her friends are going to be so protective after she tells him that the guy got the tail. Maybe even bring them on the date.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, successful second date, you guys.
Speaker 4: I mean this is great.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I have some clarity now. I was like racking my brain for too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next time, you just need to call the local prisons and see who's been booked. Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I could just imagine they go out somewhere on the next date and he gets pulled over for speeding. He's going to be like, did your friends tell the cops? We're going to take this round. She's like, no, my friend is the copy. Poor guy's going to be paranoid for the rest of his life whenever he goes out with anyone.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could think of the first time he actually meets the friends is going to be so awkward.
Speaker 1: To make it even he needs to call the cops on them.
Speaker 2: Oh good, let's just always the police services. That's a great idea, jeff.
Speaker 3: Or maybe not cops. It's called the fire department.
Speaker 1: Yea, the Coast Guard ambulance.
Speaker 2: I mean, women would love some firemen.
Speaker 1: We're doing a good service here, and I do hope that it works out between him and we can actually get an update update from those two after he serves his time, of course, for grand Theft bouncy Ball talk about offices. It might actually work out, and it could work out for you. If you want to email the show, we'll call that person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,