Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and no He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: South Korean President Lee J. Meng hosted President Trump Today for lunch, which included seafood salad tossed in thousand island dressing, and long story short. Now there's a four hundred percent tariff on Korea?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Trump met with President she for two hours. How did it go? Here's his assessment. I guess on the scale, I'm from zero to ten, with ten being the best.
Speaker 2: I would say the meeting was in twelve. There you go. I think it was in twelve.
Speaker 1: It's like given a hundred, it's it's it's a fanciful number beyond even what the top limit was for assessment. It's like turning your ampractical eleven. Yes, right, yeah, on a scale of ten, it was a twelve. Well, we will see where the tariffs end up. It's they kind of put a pause on the one hundred percent tariffs that were supposed to kick in on Saturday, which obviously would have royaled the world of economy in a way that you can't even imagine, and we're never intended to actually happen, and they're they're gonna work out the details later and we'll discuss that whenever it happens. There's so many things going on in the world right now, as you know that, it's just it's mind boggling if whether it's the tariffs, or the rise of China or Russian Ukraine, global economy, AI.
Speaker 4: Wow Ei Mundani, socialism, Marxism, Islamism.
Speaker 1: So Zuckerberg got beat up pretty good the other day by stockholders. I guess that we're not seeing the payoff on all this AI investment, and so he gave a big speech trying to convince them to calm down and it will pay off. Bloomberg the Business website, had an article out today saying AI is all that matters now. For all the headlines today about the FED and interest rates and all that sort of stuff, the only thing that really matters is AI. It's either going to pay off the way people think it's going to, or it's not. And it gets into the details on that. This is absolutely amazing, with Nvidia becoming the first five trillion dollar company, Tesla getting close to an all time high. So the Magnificent seven are your seven tech stocks. That's in Nvidia, Tesla, Apple, Microsoft, some Facebook, Google Meta Google. Yeah, that pretty much covers it. Those seven stocks are the main reason we set records on a near daily basis in the stock market. They're up twenty seven percent this year. That's a good return for a year. That's after jumping sixty seven percent last year. Wow, if I or you, if I or you or anybody had taken every cent we had and like taking a taking money out of our house and sold plasma or done whatever we could have done to get more money into those seven stocks. They they went up sixty seven, twenty four and twenty seven percent so far this year. I mean, that's just unbelievable. And it's either a bubble or it's not. The vast majority of people think it is a bubble, according to Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: But that's not a reason to get out.
Speaker 1: As they quote some genius, the best way to make money in Marcus is to spot a bubble early, hop on board as it inflates, and then get out in time. Well, of course that's.
Speaker 2: A that's the problem. That last part. Oh oh do you hear that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, but if you want to be burished, and you must have a good reason why the bubble is about to burst, and I'm not seeing any good reason for the bubble to burst yet. Yeah, here's my experience, and I'm no expert, but generally you don't see the reason for the bubble to burst ahead of time, and retrospect you think, oh, that's why.
Speaker 4: Should have seen that coman or the explanation that you hear in advance is one of seven that are vying for acceptance, you know, in society. So yeah, I did hear that guy saying that, but there are a bunch of other guys saying the opposite.
Speaker 2: Not to mention to further complicate.
Speaker 4: It, it might be a bubble for half of those companies and the other companies.
Speaker 1: Bring it home, isn't so blurmberg. It's pretty expensive to subscribe to it. It's like forty dollars a month to get access to their information, and it's all.
Speaker 2: Written in economic ease.
Speaker 1: That makes me think they believe their audience is pretty well educated and pretty serious about this sort of stuff. Okay, then, isn't that a pretty childish explanation of investing the best way to make money? Is to recognize a bubble, get in early, and then get out right before it bursts. Seems like the sort of thing you say to someone like me, not to someone who's like an expert investor, to win at poker, get really really good hands in bed a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know you're right.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, if it's up twenty seven percent this year after going up sixty seven percent this year, seems like a lot of smart people would have thought, well, this is now, it's the time to get up. I mean, we wit a two thirds rise in this stock this year. Last year, let's get out now, you know, missed out on a twenty seven percentras.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I know this is this I hate this discussion.
Speaker 4: It makes me so uncomfortable because I just I've got this bad feeling that I ought to just convert everything into gold bury it in the backyard or cash or I don't know, something wamp them trade with the Indians side. Just it feels so bubbly to me, and I'm gonna kick the hell out of myself that i didn't listen to my own good judgment.
Speaker 1: Well, I you know, if we're gonna play the what if I wish I would have diverse, diversify, because that's what all the experts tell me to do for long term brilliance. I wish i'd have taken everything and put it into the Big seven two years ago, when it had doubled the year before, right.
Speaker 2: And you know, rode that wave.
Speaker 1: I'd be in a much different position. Oh well, whatever, you can't do that different. AI story, which I thought was interesting, chat GPT is being sued by the parents of this kid who killed himself. The sixteen year old kid had killed himself, who they say, going back and looking at his conversations with the chat GBT bought, the chat GPT bought explained to the kid how to kill himself, why he should kill himself, and how to write the suicide note.
Speaker 4: It came around to his way of thinking way too quickly.
Speaker 1: Chat GPT says more than a million people a week show suicidal ideation on their site, ideation being explicit indicators of the potential planning or intentive suicide, like you're you're more than just contemplating, which I was told by a college professor is completely normal for all human beings to contemplate it. Occasionally the actually coming up with a plan and a timeline is a step further. Chat GPT says a million people a week or indicating they're doing that. Now that might be part of their trying not to be sued to death.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's clearly defense. Yeah, this is a society not an US problem. Yeah it might be true.
Speaker 1: Also, Yeah, and then what are these AI companies supposed to do with that?
Speaker 2: If there's just a lots.
Speaker 1: And lots of people are gonna go on GROC or Claude or Chat GPT or whatever I'm saying. You know, life sucks. I want to kill myself, and Groc is gonna say, good idea. Here's the Locus local. Uh, it's like the Norm McDonald joke. Here's the rope store. And right next is the Creaky stool store. It's just down the street.
Speaker 4: Well right, But you know, if I my buddy comes and says I'm thinking and ending and all, and I say, you know, I got a good sturdy rope in the back of the garage here, let me give me a second, I'll find it. I can't as a defense say lots of people have suicidal ideation. I mean, come on, it's Chat GPT do better. I know you're you've designed yourself to kiss my ass. Like, great question. Perfect, I'll tell you great follow up. Okay, I know that's part of your thing you're trying to appeal. But if I say I'm really depressed, I don't have a lot of friends, I have no friends, and I think I want to kill myself, terrific. Great idea. Here's how to get a rope. You know, No, don't program it to do that. There are a few keywords involved, although those can be gotten around too, I realized.
Speaker 1: But it's like when I was asking Groc questions about theology and the Bible and God and stuff the other day, and then I asked Groc, I said, do you believe in God? And she said, oh, yeah, there's got to be something more to life than just what we see here. And I thought, there's no way you would say that if I was asking you questions about Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins and atheism.
Speaker 4: Right right, Yeah, you don't have any beliefs in anything. You're a collection of circuits. Of course, sow's the human brain, Jack Ba, I'm Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we don't we are a collection of circuits and all that sort of stuff, and we want friends to like us. But if our friend comes to us and says I'm thinking to kill myself, we don't say I got a gun upstairs.
Speaker 2: Hold on a.
Speaker 4: Second, right, exactly, No, our algorithm says, oh, that's out of the effing question. Or if your friend says, hey, you know, I'm really turned on by like young girls, I mean, like really really young girls, let's talk about that, you would say, no, you're sick, We're not friends anymore.
Speaker 2: GROC would say, here are the directions to the grade.
Speaker 4: School, yeah, or something similar, or engage in one of those quasi erotic chat sessions that are now who.
Speaker 2: Is Elon Musk? Well, that's right.
Speaker 4: There are a couple of different big companies, including chat GPT that are or open AI I should say that are now like, hey, everybody wants these damn erotic chat bot things with you know, semi to full on porn pictures generated, So I'm in that business.
Speaker 2: Now, Wow, we didn't need more internet pornography for society. No, No, you know it's funny. Uh.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I clicked in my head that in the early days, especially the very very early days, Christianity was a very small sect, and then it grew and it grew, and it grew to being an enormously important religion around the world. Still is it could go back to being something like a fairly you know, a small sect of people who reject the sin of the world and live a very, very different life than the masses of people.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, I've been reading Charles Murray's new book, Taking Religion Seriously. It is fantastic if you're the sort of person that like, well, this is what he said. He said, it's for the intellectual that feels weird about believing in religion, because he's an intellectual and he went off to Harvard and he said, I was taught very early that smart people don't believe this stuff, and I never really look back. But then he decided in his fifties he wanted to take a closer look at it. And the amount of research he's done on a whole bunch of different topics around God and Christianity it's freaking fascinating. And it's a four hour listen. I'm listening to the book, so it's very accessible. It's not fick theology, but if you like that sort of thing, it's among the best I've ever come across Chryl. Charles Murray's a heck of an interesting dude. Anyway, back to the before we take a break. So you got the stocks rising the way they are all around AI. Yet you've got this problem of AI encouraging people to kill themselves or whatever.
Speaker 2: Is that a fixable thing? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe the bubble bursts around. We can't fix hallucinations, we can't fix it giving bad advice. There's just no way around this. Maybe that's where the bubble bursts. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, I mean it's already a really great tool and a profitable one day's pouring money into it like it's going to be the world changer of all time, way out of proportion to the quality of the product at this point or the significance of the product.
Speaker 1: The Nvidia CEO, where's the cool tom Ford leather jackets all the time? He said the other day, people aren't gonna lose their jobs to AI. They're gonna lose their jobs to people who don't know how to use AI. Now, of course he's got a you know, a real stake in the game. But his suggestion was, you know, get involved, start messing with this stuff and learning it and how you can apply it in your job. Don't think I'm getting on that train. That's how you end up losing your job. That's what he says.
Speaker 2: We get a lot more on the waystair. We get this.
Speaker 5: The woman is suing Sea Worlds for fifteen thousand dollars, claiming she was on one of the roller coasters and a duck hit her in the face, and for everyone else it was the most entertaining thing they saw at SeaWorld.
Speaker 2: Why the shot at Sea World? I don't know.
Speaker 1: So KJP was the White House Press secretary for Joe Biden during that weird administration. She's got a book out, she's doing a book tour, and even the New York Times says it is an absolute train wreck of a disaster, and lefty publications are taking it apart. I don't know if that's just mainstream Democrats turning on the whole Biden thing, while at the same time, Gavin Newsom comes out yesterday and says Joe Biden's the greatest president of law the last century.
Speaker 2: That's weird, but anyway, more on that later.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous, is what it is, so I found this a really good reasoning by Abigail Anthony. She's writing in the National Review about penn America. This is the organization that comes out with their report every year about that claims that there have been a certain number of banned books. They're big against banned books, and she describes their methodology and why it so scures the results. It's just an excuse for the left to have ammunition against Republican legislatures. For instance, America's new report for the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five school year, titled the Normalization of Book Banning, records thousands of instances of book bans affecting nearly four thousand unique titles across the country. But again the numbers are wildly inflated. The main issue, she writes, is that the following definitions are employed. Pet America defines a school book ban is any tation and I'm sorry, any action taken against a book based on its content and as a result of parent or community challenges, administrative decisions, or in response to director threatened action by government officials that leads to a book being either completely removed from availability students, or where access to a book is restricted.
Speaker 2: Or diminished, diminished, right, right?
Speaker 4: And then the school book bans take varied forms, including prohibitions, as well as a range of other restrictions, which may be temporary.
Speaker 1: So, because that number is really large, four thousand, there's no way that it's that big.
Speaker 4: It's actually it's some closer to oh, seven thousand instances, four thousand unique titles, one more sentence, real quick. For example, if a book that was previously available to all now requires parental permission or is restricted to a higher grade level than the educators initially determined, that is a ban.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So there are four thousand books that have been banned or diminished. Okay, well, how many of them were diminished? And what the hell do you mean by diminished? You went from saying fifth graders in below could read this to saying seventh graders in below.
Speaker 2: Big freaking deal.
Speaker 4: Well, right, and Abigail points out age appropriateness.
Speaker 2: Is not a ban of a book.
Speaker 4: Third graders shouldn't be reading this. Let's put it in the middle school library. That's a book ban. Not to mention, she points out, you can get all of these books in less than twenty four hours on Amazon, so it's banned in what sense free to children in school libraries when it's inappropriate. Yeah, this is not exactly Nazi book burning here, folks.
Speaker 1: Phony if you're a Democrat in the New York Times thinks your book tour sucks, you are not doing well. We'll get to that a little bit, among other things.
Speaker 2: Stay here, armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 6: The three one swing in a line drive and that's a base hit in the right field. There comes a menues around thirty's coming into score, Guerrero to third. It's an RBI single for Bobasht and it's five one Blue Jays here in Game.
Speaker 2: Five, quieting the Dodgers crowd. Uh, this is a story. Sorry, Star Wars geeks.
Speaker 4: Every time I hear Boba Shet, I think Boba Fett a.
Speaker 2: Wacky minor character. Anyway, back to you, I'm really digging the World Series.
Speaker 1: I've watched pretty much every pitch, and it turns out a lot more people are than having quite a while for whatever reason, because it's a Dodgers and show aotani and I don't know what are people are, so it could be a little people are so sick of everything else. Like I mentioned, the other day, I was wearing a Dodgers hat and the number of people that came up to me say, oh, you see that game last night. The first shared experience I've had with random people, and I don't know how long.
Speaker 4: And a shared I was gonna say, non adversarial experience. Even though sports is adversarial, the enjoyment of it isn't. Yeah, you know, if I got some friends who were big Eagles fans, we can talk about football and kid each other about our rivalries, but we have that shared enjoyment of it.
Speaker 2: And man, we don't have enough of that in this country anymore.
Speaker 1: Up in Toronto, a full third of the humans that live in Canada had watched the two home games.
Speaker 2: I'll bet those number. Half of the Moses, Well, I'll bet.
Speaker 1: Those numbers are gonna go up. They'll have half the country watching when they have a chance to win a World series.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow night, I guess.
Speaker 1: Joe's gonna tell us a story about their pitcher, which is something coming up.
Speaker 4: But oh, he's a unique bird man, unbelievable. He's set records that go back to Fort Host McGillicuddy back.
Speaker 2: In the nineteen aughts. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So we got another stupid political book out. I don't know who buys these things. I think you buy him to set them on your coffee table. I don't believe anybody ever reads them, or they only get printed to be put in the front of the news stand at the airport to get you to come in and buy some gum.
Speaker 2: I've never understood these political books. I think a lot of.
Speaker 4: The purchases are bulk purchases by various packs could be and political supporters.
Speaker 2: It's kind of end around bribes.
Speaker 1: The White House press spokeswoman for Joe Biden, Kreem Jean Pierre, known as KJP, has got a book out and it's been a mess, according to the New York Times.
Speaker 2: And this is a.
Speaker 4: Unless the title of the book was I was Awful at my job.
Speaker 2: It's misleading.
Speaker 1: This is from a New York Times news story. This isn't an opinion piece. This is the politics reporter just commenting on how the book tour is going for k The name of the book is Independent because she switched her affiliation from Democrat to Independent.
Speaker 2: After she left office.
Speaker 1: Oh bold, But the subtitle is A Look Inside a Broken White House, which I find interesting because apparently toward the end of one of her interviews recently, they because they ask her about Joe Biden and all these different things, and she didn't see any signs of him faltering in any way whatsoever, And she didn't see any signs of this or that, or she wasn't around for this or that. And then the interviewer asked.
Speaker 2: Her at some point, so, in what way was it a broken white House?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the subtitle, but you've not given any indication of And she said, well, I'm referring to the Trump White House.
Speaker 2: I live in the present. What wait? What you were the press secretary for a foreign administration.
Speaker 1: You write a book that says a look inside a Broken White House. You don't have anything to say about a broken white House? And then when you're ask about it, you claim, oh, I'm talking about the Trump White House.
Speaker 2: What but you're not in that white house?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Heah, you don't have any You don't have any insight more than I do watching television about That's why childlike claim, isn't it. Well, that's what's That's why they're calling it a train wreck. They go through a whole bunch of different examples. So far, Miss Jean Pierre has come across in interviews as erratic and defensive rather than as a forceful champion for her old boss, for attempts to defend him have come at a different difficult time. Her message has not been well received. Along the way, she has struggled to answer questions. Exhibit A was an interview published on Monday with The New Yorker I haven't read this, I'm going to now, which has been described by many as an absolute train wreck.
Speaker 2: According to New York Magazine.
Speaker 1: New York Magazine called the interview a train wreck, yikes, an excruciating case study in said one other you know, mainstream thus left leaning publication asked why she thought the party had given mister Biden the boot. Jean Pierre said, there's more to this than just that.
Speaker 2: Period of time.
Speaker 1: This is very layered, right, There's a period of time that I questioned what was happening now? And she goes on and on and on and has described here in The New York Times a word salad that left the interviewer and many readers perplexed. So again, this is a New York Times news story saying she's putting out word salads that leave everyone perplexed as to what the hell she's talking about. The interviewer from The New Yorker, this guy named Choltner, Mister Choutner, said to her, Sorry, I'm not trying to be dense, but I'm a little unclear what this has to do with democratic leaders and Democrats in the country thinking Joe Biden was going to lose to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: In other words, I don't understand what you just said. Right.
Speaker 4: You haven't even come close to answering my question. You just talked at me.
Speaker 1: In another point in the interview, Chotener asked Jean Pierre why she had written in the book that it was an insult to Kamala Harris that people didn't want her to be the nominee, while she also wrote that the truth was I never really believed Harris could win. How did you write both of those things at the same time in the same book, the interviewer wrote. Jean Pierre responded, well, two things can be true, right, The thing I say the second time actually proves the thing I said the first time.
Speaker 2: Right, No, no, not remotely.
Speaker 4: Maybe she should have flipped frantically through her giant binder to find the answer to that question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they mentioned that at some point in this long article that she that's the way she handled it, and she doesn't really have that for this circumstances. She goes around, well, you shouldn't need it. You and Theory wrote the book, so you shouldn't need a binder to answer questions about your own book. The New York Times the author of this article referencing the the train wreck that was the New Yorker article that came out Monday. They tried to get a hold of her on Wednesday, but she was not available for an interview.
Speaker 2: You're on a book tour and the New.
Speaker 1: York Times to calls to ask you questions about your book, and you say, I'm not available, Wow, because they're asking you about your disastrous New Yorker article that came out the day before. I mean, you're really in the bunker when your whole thing now is to try to sell books to make yourself some money, at your last gasp of having any relevance whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And the New York freaking Times calls.
Speaker 4: To ask you some questions. Uh, wants to give you some more ink scheduling problem? Yeah, no time, I'm very busy. Hey, you know this is funny. Tell me if I'm wrong, friends, I'm both inside and outside of these studios. If somebody had told you a year ago KJP is going to write a book and then do interviews, isn't this exactly what you would have pictured? I mean, how could it be anything else? She is just she's performing precisely as an author at as she did as the press secretary, floundering words, salady nonsense, full of self contradiction, and frequent identity politics too.
Speaker 2: Are we going to get to that at some point or no? She complains in there.
Speaker 1: So after October seventh, if you all remember, they brought in what's his name, the spokesman from the Pentagon was answering all the questions.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I can picture him. But Kirby.
Speaker 1: When they brought Kirby in to handle everything there for a couple of weeks, she really thought that was awful, you know, pushing aside the first openly gay black woman who was the.
Speaker 2: Official White House press secretary.
Speaker 1: To have this white male come up and mansplain things, well, is obvious what was going on there.
Speaker 2: They realized she was over her head.
Speaker 1: At a time when people were really paying attention and really needing answers to questions, and they brought in somebody who knew what the hell they were talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to say this slowly, sweetie pie, so you can see you follow it. James, Admiral Kirby's really capable at his job.
Speaker 2: You are not at all capable of you at your job. So they had him come in.
Speaker 4: And identity politics is at the center of every breath you take, but not the rest of the world. He was really good at the job. You were really bad at the job. That's where the analysis begins and ends. I'm sorry to have been so blunt.
Speaker 1: The New York Times goes on to Pylon. In another interview last week, Gail King of CBS Mornings was openly skeptical of Miss Jean Pierre for writing that she had never seen signs of mister Biden's decline. You even write Kreein that you were on the plane with him going to to the debate and you didn't see anything, ms King said, referring to mister Biden's halting, fumbling debate performance with Donald Trump that caused him to have to drop out of the race. So you were on the plane with them the day that he had the complete meltdown, and you never saw any indication of this. She responded that she had not happened to see mister Biden on the flight, but with age comes what happens when you get older.
Speaker 2: I never saw anyone who wasn't there.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, well, let me jop that down. Let me jot that one down. This is an alleged professional word smith of such skill that she is appointed to be the spokesperson for the botus say that sentence again, with age.
Speaker 2: Comes what happens when you get older. Wow, that's good stuff.
Speaker 1: How about the fact that she says she didn't see the president on the flight? The plane ate that big and you're the White House press spokes person, I have feeling you have you you have access to the president, so that I mean, come on, But this is the part I already said this, But this is how they ended in the New York Times because it's so good. In another curious moment, in missus Jean Pierre's interview with mister Schoutner of The New Yorker, she said that her subtitle A Broken White House referred to the Trump White House, not the one she had worked in the book for me is really about the moment we're in, she said.
Speaker 2: But she wrote it last year, earlier this year. That is the most hilarious thing ever.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I read this article just to be aware of that. So her subtitle is you know, living in a broke my experience.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't even say that.
Speaker 1: It just says independence stories of a broken white House.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. Yeah, stories of a broken Hine House.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell us some stories, because so far you've got no stories about a broken white house. You say you saw no decline, you saw no backbiting. Where's the broken whites? Well, I'm referring to the Trump White House.
Speaker 4: That is unbelievable, bizarre that it was even published and she's getting interviewed and everything.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is childlike.
Speaker 1: That is the most embarrassing thing I've ever heard. She should have to give her money back. If I'm the book company, I'm saying, this is some sort of false you claimed your There's got to be something you contractually broke. Tales a broken white House? No, I mean this white House in which I'm not involved, that I wrote before the White House started.
Speaker 4: Right, maybe there's a non compass mentis clause in the contractor that is the sanity clause, as.
Speaker 2: The Marx Brothers would remind us.
Speaker 1: And then, of course the icing on the cake is after that disastrous interview the New York Times cultrummings, she says, not available. You're on a book tour and you're not talking the press. Oh that's great, okay, DEI isn't it grand? It's one no kidding, that's the headline. DEI, ain't it grand? We'll finish strong?
Speaker 2: Next strong?
Speaker 5: Yet?
Speaker 2: Chop a, come on to stuck pay held series masterpiece, come.
Speaker 1: Twenty tell you all try Yes, Savage twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's amazing, And I don't think you need to be a baseball fan to really enjoy a story of somebody who comes from a very very low level and enjoys success. But there's there's a great piece. Jared Diamond, The appropriately Jared Diamond wrote about Trey Savage the first two batters he ever faced in professional baseball in single A ball, which is I'm telling you, folks, your cashier at Target makes more money and has a much more luxurious lifestyle than a single a ballplayer.
Speaker 1: So you know, only a slightly worse shot of becoming a major league baseball player.
Speaker 2: It's really neck and neck.
Speaker 4: So he walks the first two batters he ever faced in professional baseball. His pitching coach immediately comes out to the mount, jogs out to the mount, and and he before he could utter a word to what he feared would be a flustered twenty one year old, you, Savage spoke up first. I know, I know, I'm good, having already diagnosed the problem on his own, And the coach said, okay, we're all good, and he went to the back to the dugout, and the Savage didn't allow an earned run that day, shut him out. Less than seven months have passed since that inauspicious debut, and he wasn't in dunnedn what.
Speaker 2: Is that Oklahoma? I don't even know where that is?
Speaker 4: For a single A, He's pitching in the World Series and dominating the Los Angeles Dodgers with one of the most fearsome lineups that has ever been assembled at the cost of hundreds of millions of dollars. It's just an awe inspiring, jaw dropping ascension and go ahead.
Speaker 1: I loved the way he handled that home run he gave up in the third inning. I mean he yeah, he pitched an amazing he only gave up one run. But that home run that he gave up, he didn't flinch, he didn't look. It was such a monster home run. I love the way that they replayed it several times. He throws a pitch, Dude, hits it so hard.
Speaker 2: Pitcher just like, okay, give me another ball. I mean, he was like ready to pitching it. He knew it was out. I know what happened. Yep, let's go. And that's so in.
Speaker 4: His character, which we'll get to, but it's worth mentioning he Let's see, he.
Speaker 2: Introded.
Speaker 4: He induced the most swings and misses since the system was created to count that sort of thing. He became the youngest pitcher to rack up double digit strikeouts in a World Series game since somebody named Smokey Joe Wood did it. In nineteen twelve, he struck out twelve batters, surpassing the World Series record set by Don Newcomb in nineteen forty nine with the Brooklyn Dodgers. I mean, to break a record that's endured that long in baseball is just it's crazy. And some of these stories I love so much, and partly because as a youth and a young man, I was a pitcher and I love baseball and competed like a fiend. But after let's see, so he got promoted to high A, which is different than a ball. In Vancouver, first inning, familiar leader off walking a home run, pitching coach Eric Yardley went out for a chat. He told you Savage that he wanted to give him a little break to collect his wits. Your Savage looked at him and simply said thank you, and Yardly, the coach wasn't sure how to respond. Nobody had ever reacted that way to a mountain visit. So instead of saying, I'm all right, I can't get these guys. I don't know what happened. I missed with my curb blah blahlahlah, No, he said thank you.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 4: He was ready to go. It caught me off guard, says the coach. It's just like, yeah, perfect, sounds good. He didn't give up another run. He did, however, finish with ten strikeouts in four innings.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just like the game last night. He gives up that home run. He didn't. It seemed to phase him not at all.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of the legendary story about Joe Montana and the Super Bowl, in which they were into crunch time and everybody.
Speaker 2: Was puking up their guts and he looked.
Speaker 4: Into the stands and said, hey, look John Candy and his teammates laughed, and then they went on to win the game. You chat, Cormstrong and j Getti.
Speaker 2: Final here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. It's a team game around here too, folks. Let's begin with Michaelangelo, our technical director.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just looking here on Amazon for the KJP book because I have a table that when the logs when the legs is wobbly, and I think it will fit.
Speaker 2: Under it perfectly. Yeah, yeah, good plan.
Speaker 4: Katie Greener esteemed Newswoman as a final thought, Katie, ah that book.
Speaker 6: We do a good job at a better job at holding up your table than she did at her job in the White House.
Speaker 2: Hey there you go, Jack. Final thought for us.
Speaker 1: So far, my giant inflatable pumpkin has not blown loose and gone down the street like it has in previous years because it hasn't been windy, so I'm hoping I can pull that off. It's always embarrassing to get a knock on the bar from a neighbor. Hey, you're twenty foot pumpkins down the street.
Speaker 2: You might want to go get that all right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna see My final thought to the great Matt Tayebi, who wrote a piece that we cited heavily in hour three of the show, I think.
Speaker 2: Kicked off our three with it.
Speaker 4: If he's talking about all the rich, over educated kids who are talking like Marxists now, and he says we're in the upper class twits promoting revolution space, a script with which most of the rest of the world is sadly familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour.
Speaker 2: Work to upper class twits.
Speaker 4: Indeed, so many people who thanks so with a little time, go to Armstrong geddy dot com. You've got some great new T shirts and swag for you for your favorite Ay and g fan. Maybe give it a day till our starve. The lazy shirts are ready to go.
Speaker 2: We will see you tomorrow with all the news.
Speaker 1: Then God bless America.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty. You gotta put some fans on. Pants, you gotta put some mans on if you get pulled over by the Holloway But strong, Armstrong, and Getty