Speaker 1: All right, man bout bleat Cap.
Speaker 2: We hear Blast his debut album, Let's Get It, which is a crazy thing to say out loud. Yeah, because you have bodies of work obviously. Yeah, well six tape sclore your shit, like right. But then, like when I listened to the album, I understood why this is like the debut album.
Speaker 3: That's all I wanted to hear exactly.
Speaker 2: I get it, like this was like you telling like like your story using skits like for you, like, how important was that for you to like make sure like because we don't hear skits anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's what I grew up on, you know, thinking about fifty cents get rich and I try and just making it bigger than just the music. So I knew for my debut it had to be received on a grand level. And I'm a huge fan of music in general, but concept albums just what I was raised on. So it was only right that's what I gave to my fans for my debut.
Speaker 2: Explain to me because like, if you open it, by the way, where I want to go pizza and Burbank, everybody come eat to fucking pizza.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you coming through rolling up like the President, but explain, Like, if people open the album on Spotify, you'll see it's like broken down into four discs, right, which is also something that's kind of like a callback to like when we were growing up and you go buy a double disc album.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Explain.
Speaker 2: Why you did that, because if you listen, like it's almost like every time a disc ends, there's like a transition into the next portion of the album.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's a concept album, but it's about this character named Bertie and he has a father son relationship with his dad big E. So it's broken down into different parts because the first part is the introduction of what he's finna go through, right, and he gives them three life lessons a woman you got no visit deal with any of disguise as a friend and a man in the mirror.
Speaker 3: So each chapter he.
Speaker 1: Goes that life lesson, Yeah, he goes.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know because I know, like on track too, it's like the skip between the father and son, right, Yeah, So I didn't know if that was like a literal interpretation of like you and your dad's relationship or this was was this something that like, you've made these characters up.
Speaker 4: It's indirect, it's an alternate universe of you know, my personal experiences. But I just like to keep my business private and put it in an art form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And even like I thought it was like there was that interlude where you had the girl talking.
Speaker 1: About like, you know, I was taught if at.
Speaker 2: Anything that's worth getting, you gotta work hard for it than her homegirls, Like now you're misinterpreting what you're.
Speaker 3: Saying, but the woman you got no business dealing with skin for sure.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that I thought was jope about this album and why I said, like, oh, this is his debut album for sure, because there is the narrative about blast songs that they all quote unquote sound the same.
Speaker 1: You threw that shit out the window on this album.
Speaker 4: Sure it was mandatory, I think, but this album I reverted back to my childhood, like what made me fall in love with music in the first place. And it was a combination of different genres, different you know, different regions all put into one pot. And I know I did a good job of like, you know, a foundational sound to where people are because you have your sound. Yeah, yeah, but it's not all I am, you know, and this displays that perfectly.
Speaker 1: Oh so good.
Speaker 2: Like I was like telling now Vic, I was like, Yo, that tie record that ship is that production on that ship is so left field, but it sounds so good.
Speaker 4: I'm predicted they wasn't expecting that for me and tied to La or just on some shit like that.
Speaker 3: Is I like throwing niggas off?
Speaker 1: You know? Sure man talk to me on this album.
Speaker 2: You obviously had a lot of features Adison, Pact, two Chains, tied at a sign.
Speaker 1: I'm forgetting tons of people, but.
Speaker 2: It's obviously, uh, your your first foot forward in terms of the album space. Was there any sort of features that almost made the album or that?
Speaker 3: Definitely, But we're gonna put out at their left too.
Speaker 4: So there's a good luck sing Yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Did you already have those songs figured out?
Speaker 3: And how so a couple of them?
Speaker 1: How soon before we get it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's still in the works right now, so I don't want to give you a concrete date.
Speaker 3: But it's definitely happening.
Speaker 1: Is the deluxe disc five?
Speaker 3: Oh? I didn't even think about that. I'm not as well.
Speaker 2: Spot.
Speaker 1: This club is the dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's fire. You know, we talk about the moment we ran for West Coast hip hop right now, and you know, I feel like you and Roddy have been carrying the torch in terms of commercial success with music over the last few years, in terms of like you turn the radio on, no matter what city you're in, you're gonna hear Roddy Rich can hear blasts, right, But I feel like with what's happening with the pop out and not like us and this moment, it feels like a once in a decade or two opportunity for LA to take hip hop back like it was in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Like do you feel that too?
Speaker 4: I feel that same energy. It's crazy because Roddy just hit me too. Even behind the scenes. It's not what I love about. It is not just on the surface, Like I'm talking to niggas that I've never really talked to and we've been rubbing showed s for years. So just that at Genu with connection, it felt like this is what the city really needs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you always hear that, right, Like people will always say that about LA, Like LA artists don't move together like they're doing it last.
Speaker 3: Right, right.
Speaker 2: I feel like now it's like, yo, that moment kind of just made it because everybody's.
Speaker 3: Like, man, it's crazy. He just called me. We just talked on the phone for like twenty minutes about nothing that's crazy, nothing that I had to do with music, so shit like that.
Speaker 4: Just keep the energy organic to where the music is just a cherry on top one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: It was just so it was so dope to be at the Forum and seeing you come out BEINGO, come out Rambo. I mean, it was just it was just it was obviously dope for you. Did you understand the gravity of the moment, Like.
Speaker 3: Nobody knew what they was walking into, you know, So like being.
Speaker 4: There, I was more of a fan than happy to be on stage. I was just happy to be there. But that shit was heavy, like Nigga, I'm still digesting the whole night.
Speaker 1: Like the weekend, just on the side of the stage and the hoodie.
Speaker 3: Like lebron Ja.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like crazy, like the guys you didn't make it on stage, you know, Rick Ross was there.
Speaker 1: Nobody talks about.
Speaker 3: Rick Ross was right.
Speaker 2: You know, it's regularly for you man, talk to me about your important to this album for you and like, you know, you've done things you and Vic and the Eagle Movement, you guys have done things your own way. From the jump, you guys took a non traditional route to the music industry in terms of working with Rebel Records, in terms of like the staff that you guys put together, the creative control you guys put into everything, whether it's the music, videos, the artwork, to merch everything from day one has been high level. How important is it like to kind of like get this body of work out. It feels like it's like three or four years in the making, and like so much hard work and so much I mean, you got hit records, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like everything is important.
Speaker 4: I think everything aligns to where it protects the creativity because I'm trying to be in it for the long run, you know. So at the end of the day, if I'm able to have my business in order, then it only enables the music to be ten times better. So and I love how artists is able to thrive independently. Now it's like we can win, We can connect with fans at the click of a button. On the other side, of the country, like things like that is what I protect and what I check. So I just put my all into the music and you know, keep my business intact.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite? Give me like two or three your favorite songs on the album. I can't ask you what your favorite is because I'm sure.
Speaker 4: They're probably gonna switch, but right now I want you to know. And then ten Summers are better. It's the final track with Kamasi watching, which is fire, Grand Finale, Beautiful, the Grand Finale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how hard was it to sequence the album because, like with a concept album, while you're recording it, do you know like where it's gonna go or do you like go back and say, oh this fits in this man.
Speaker 4: We probably had like four different versions of the track list. But you know, my boy City James, who helped me come up with the script behind the short film My boy c B and sound Wave pretty much made it just like a roller coaster to where it was unpredictable, but it's still aligned with the story of the short film, you know.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of different versis.
Speaker 2: How was it working with a guy like sound Way from is an architect who a lot of the early Kendrick and all of Kendrick to be those underrated producers ever.
Speaker 3: Exactly, they need to show that man.
Speaker 1: Wow, but he don't got to tag.
Speaker 3: His catalogs speak for this.
Speaker 1: But you know what's crazy is like the producers with no tag, they ever get the props and love that they deserve.
Speaker 3: That's that's his whole character. He don't care about He don't care.
Speaker 2: Like Tara smart Imagine Terry Smartin had a tag, they almost would be very un terror.
Speaker 3: Smart life exactly. No shout, I'll sound you man.
Speaker 1: Deluxe on the way?
Speaker 2: Are you are you like once you get an album out, are you like kind of kicking back or you like now it's time to go and work with Roddy.
Speaker 1: Now it's time to go.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean I'm trying to stay active.
Speaker 4: We're still gonna be doing activations after this that along with the album and then you know, you got tour as well, so I'm excited to get back on the road. But yeah, I still want to stay active with other artists as well.
Speaker 3: From the city.
Speaker 1: Most important were you bringing out on tour with you?
Speaker 3: You know yet haven't announced that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he trying to get the exclusive high now it's coming something someone from LA.
Speaker 3: I don't worry about nothing. I don't worry about nothing.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's the tours coming soon, end the summer.
Speaker 3: Actually in a couple of months, end of summer. Yeah, it's like September fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fall summer narrative.
Speaker 3: Man, we'll look.
Speaker 1: The album is out right now. I appreciate you coming.
Speaker 2: Through the pizza shop, absolutely enjoying some vegetarian pizza.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You got to get back on the meat man.
Speaker 3: Pause, super pause, and we're going to end on that note.
Speaker 4: Guy, superpaslastic vegetarians.
Speaker 1: I'm on keto.
Speaker 2: I can't even eat pizza, but yo, the album is amazing, brother, the amazing body of work.
Speaker 1: Congrats man, there it is fire good ship