Speaker 1: Well, I think we officially did it. Welcome to the Second Date Podcast with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Yes, we are officially ranked on Spotify number thirty third. Wait is that how you say?
Speaker 2: Nope, that's funny you lost us a spot bron Also, this is not a brag.
Speaker 1: We're the thirty third best comedy podcast and we love that you love this and we just want to let you know if you want more of it. Okay, we've got like a full show, one hour, brand new every day, forty five more minutes of this dumb humor. You could have it. All you got to do is search Brooke and Jeffrey many other bits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any other phone stuff, a little more.
Speaker 2: All right, now, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Do your favorite the Second Day podcast.
Speaker 2: Second Date up Date. I'm not sure if you guys remember this, but about six months ago, we did an awkward Tuesday phone call with a listener named Kevin who wanted to ask out his coworker and he was super nervous about it needed our advice. The call wasn't perfect, Yeah, he had some stumbles along the way, but she's sound like every call that we do absolutely flawless.
Speaker 1: I'm tried to remember what happened.
Speaker 2: In the end, she did say yes and agree to a date with him. I guess, I don't know. It was a yes, Okaytom. Now apparently they went out a few times, things fizzled, didn't quite last. So Kevin has jumped back into the beautiful oasis we call the modern dating pool. And again, that was months ago. So Kevin, how's it been. Have you had a lot of dates in that time?
Speaker 4: Like ten ten.
Speaker 2: Ten days? You do dates in the last two years?
Speaker 1: Are you doing some work? Congratulations, you're a catch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I actually haven't had a second date.
Speaker 1: Oh but is that from your choosing, Like maybe you didn't want to go out again with any of them.
Speaker 4: No, I would have been happy to go out with really any of them again.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, that's hard.
Speaker 1: Here, we're going to help you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they haven't been the greatest. I actually had a really bad one. Yeah. She was a nice girl, I thought, But when I walked her out to her car, opened the door and then she just suck her punched me, and then drove off.
Speaker 2: Wait what did you say? Sorry? I did not expect that sentence. That is terrible face. Did she punch you? In the face.
Speaker 4: It was actually in the back of my head. I was opening her door, and then all of a sudden, I just felt this, like, why did.
Speaker 2: You ask permission to open the door for her? Because she mayn't really if not liked that you weren't fast enough for her.
Speaker 4: Maybe so I don't know if she thought I was going to kiss her or.
Speaker 2: Your head, How are you going to kiss her? Maybe she thought that you were trying to steal her car, so.
Speaker 1: It has to be a self defense.
Speaker 2: He's not like they give me the keys.
Speaker 4: I know, wasn't that bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Some people give off natural grand theft auto five, so maybe you fell into that category.
Speaker 1: Just ask for you Okay, now I am yeah, confused.
Speaker 2: So with sucker punch girl, the one you want us to call for a second date date?
Speaker 1: No, we'll call her.
Speaker 2: Well, who do you want to call?
Speaker 4: I've had this really bad luck until I met Chelsea?
Speaker 2: Chelsea, Okay, it's a new girl.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, no physical silence.
Speaker 2: I hope you'll tell us about your I'm assuming you went on a date with Chelsea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she didn't punch me.
Speaker 2: That's actually we're perfect. We're improving.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a good sign, and we connected the best out of all of the first dates I went on.
Speaker 2: Okay, what made important?
Speaker 1: What made it the best?
Speaker 4: I just felt like I could talk to her because, like when we went on our coffee date, it was a good conversation, even though it didn't last very long. Okay, it was actually like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Why was it so short?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not really sure my friends got by and by your friend? Yeah, I don't really know why.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you had a friend come by randomly and you talk to the friend a little bit, and you feel like maybe she got offended that the attention was taken away from her.
Speaker 4: I make I don't know, that would be weird to me.
Speaker 1: She got a friend in what happens if you're only there for twenty minutes and you have a five minute conversation with a friend, that's one fourth of the date.
Speaker 2: They were't trying to play it off. Hey Brooke, good to see you here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are too successful and beautiful.
Speaker 2: I feel like I normally wouldn't ask this, but I feel like I need to know Chelsea. She's not the barista, right, You're not considering that a date. That's creative like, she doesn't work there.
Speaker 4: No, she doesn't work there.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good question. So how did it end? Yeah, after the twenty minutes? How did you two leave it?
Speaker 4: She said she had to do something, so we got up and left, and I yes, that was kind of weird too, because I was kind of like behind her for a couple of blocks while she what.
Speaker 2: Away the same direction.
Speaker 1: That's like the most awkward thing ever.
Speaker 2: And then she started to jog, and then you started to jog. You're like, hey, I'm gonna run up someone. Weird chases you.
Speaker 4: End up. I lost her, I lost you, I.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah, that's did she know you were back there?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you weren't following her. That was just a coincidence. You have the same route home, Dude.
Speaker 1: I hate that, even when that happens with my friends and we're saying good bye at the restaurant and then we're like, yeah, oh okay, this.
Speaker 4: Later, get it? You get it all right?
Speaker 2: So how long has it been since this twenty minute date?
Speaker 4: I credit two weeks?
Speaker 1: Two weeks, okay? And have you reached out much with her?
Speaker 4: I was texting her quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we may.
Speaker 2: We might. We might find out if you've crossed any lines or how many texts you've actually sent when we call her here. I think it's more how far he did cross them, or maybe they were right in that sweet spot. We don't know, Brooke. Remember when you said you had hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have hope as long as you didn't send her a picture of the back of her head as she was walking away.
Speaker 2: From you on the He was just trying to make sure she doesn't get sucker punched back there. I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: When I was on last time, Brooke, you told me to be more certain, so I'm really trying to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sota, he follows ladies in their car.
Speaker 1: There's a balance that we need to discuss.
Speaker 2: But maybe period and weren't trying to be weird. You were just trying to walk to your car.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's not why she's not calling me back at all.
Speaker 2: We're making stuff. Okay, Well, let's call her and use that assertion to aggressively get you a second date. When we called Chelsea right after this hold.
Speaker 5: On second date update, don't you hate it when you're on a first date and the girl says she has to go, and you accidentally follow her all the way home.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Jef, I think it.
Speaker 1: Was only three blocks to be fair, I mean enough blocks to be alarming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you lost her. That's what happened to our listener, Kevin. Sort of. He wasn't following his date Chelsea on purpose. They just left the coffee shop at the same time, and he coincidentally was walking behind her on the street for a long, long while.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, at any point, did you think I should take a different route.
Speaker 2: Or just stop for a second, No, stop hoping? He didn't think speed up, catch.
Speaker 4: Up with her.
Speaker 2: Did that thought come to your mind at all, Kevin, any of those?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I didn't think it was that weird, And so I've been thinking about it, like while we were on hold, and I think you should tell her that I didn't intentionally walk behind her, because I really did it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you want you want us to let her know.
Speaker 4: That, Okay, yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: We're not exactly sure what happened there. We just know that the date was only twenty minutes long, which is kind of short to get to know someone that's honestly the bigger concern for me, like why did she only stay for twenty minutes? The following is a totally different story. If you've ever in a hurry, why would you even schedule a date during that time?
Speaker 1: They're just trying to squeeze it in and it's like one of those pre dates or it's just like a quick coffee, like will this be worth a full night?
Speaker 2: You didn't catfish her with like a photo of Liam Hemsworth, did you, because you do sound like a Liam to me right now kind of hunky.
Speaker 4: I'm actually bushing right now, but no.
Speaker 2: Coulda fooled me. Let's call Chelsea here. We'll see if we can get an explanation from her if she picks up, all right, here we go. Hello, Hey is this Chelsea?
Speaker 3: This is calling?
Speaker 2: This is a radio show calling called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hey, Chelsea, what what?
Speaker 4: What is this? This is?
Speaker 2: For some of us, it's fun. It's a segment we do call the second Date Update and we're looking.
Speaker 1: To Sorry, okay, she's just listening, Okay, just actively listening.
Speaker 2: By interrupting me. But let's okay, we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently. He says he had a really good time with you, but it ended kind of short. His name is Kevin.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm hoping that was a smile and not a laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sens. We're calling because Kevin told us a little bit about your guys' date coffee date, coffee date, and from what we heard, it sounded pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Tame short.
Speaker 3: That was two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Liked you, He thought you were awesome. He wanted to see you again.
Speaker 2: He said. He's been pursuing it actually and texting you, trying to organize something, but he doesn't understand why nothing's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has sent me quite a few texts, but I guess I'm confused as to why he doesn't understand why he start moving forward.
Speaker 1: Did you write him back?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we never asked if you ever texted him back?
Speaker 2: Or is it that obvious?
Speaker 3: From my perspective, he was pretty obviously.
Speaker 2: The only idea that he had about the date about why it would have ended so quickly is he did mention. One of his friends stopped by and.
Speaker 3: Said, hi, U, that's what he said. He he said a friend stops by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, really quick.
Speaker 1: So you think that they were actually friends?
Speaker 2: Was an enemy? Was it his X?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, as far as I know, I don't think it was an ex. But I don't know. Thirty seconds a minute into us meeting at the coffee shop, this guy comes over and sits like right next to us, isn't looking at me at all. So I asked Kevin. I was like, Hi, can we introduce him? He's like, well, no, no, don't. He's not engaged in the conversation. He's just my emotional support friend.
Speaker 2: Emotional support friend.
Speaker 3: So originally I thought he might have been kidding, and so I laugh and he's like, it's not funny. This is Charles. I've had a couple of poor dates, and Charles is really there to just kind of help me with my confidence and communicate more effectively to you. Like I mean, I think it's maybe I had been given a heads up, I would have been more open to the idea.
Speaker 2: Emotional support friend.
Speaker 1: Vest that's amazing that he can find a friend that will take the time to go on a day with him. I mean, but I'll say I think that that says a lot about Vin, that he must be a.
Speaker 2: Good Charles sitting on his phone.
Speaker 1: Is he just listening taking.
Speaker 2: We got the impression that he just popped in real quick and left.
Speaker 3: No, oh, not at all. He was there the whole time. He wasn't really engaging in the conversation. He was just there.
Speaker 1: Did he hype Kevin up? Ever?
Speaker 2: You know, like he's not.
Speaker 3: I mean, he laughed at some of the things that Kevin said, but beyond that, there wasn't much in our action.
Speaker 1: Everybody needs a good backup la friend Charles a few tables over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't know that was how it played out. We got a little bit of a different version of that story on.
Speaker 1: The phone too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because, oh my god, we have an emotional support friend quietly listening on the other line right now, just to make sure that I do a good job with this segment. And that person is Kevin.
Speaker 1: Kevin's here.
Speaker 3: What he's on the phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's really actually he wants to talk in this conversation. So I'm going to give him permission to jump in and say something. Okay, I don't know if he's there, Kevin.
Speaker 4: You there, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: How you doing, buddy.
Speaker 4: I'm good. I'm just I'm listening. Yeah, I don't understand what the big deal is really, Kevin.
Speaker 2: When did you get an emotional support bro? You didn't tell us about that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, a friend is a friend. He doesn't need like a title or any sounds like.
Speaker 2: You gave him a title. You you called him your emotional support friend.
Speaker 1: Keviny brought him along on the date and didn't tell us the whole time.
Speaker 4: I mean, yes, he was there, but he was there for me.
Speaker 2: Sure, Chelsea, do you see where he's coming from?
Speaker 3: I guess. I mean, but you kind of have to put my like yourself in my shoes, Kevin. It's it's a little bizarre to just have a third person there without kind of giving the heads up why and not engaging really in the conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you mad because he didn't laugh at your jokes and he has I'd be mad.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, guys, Chelsea.
Speaker 3: No, not really. I don't think I was particularly funny because I was kind of creeped out by the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I told so many jokes and.
Speaker 1: Just I mean, Kevin, do you think that maybe you could have told her prior to the date that he was coming along?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going to be right.
Speaker 4: I didn't need to tell her because he wasn't going to do anything. Like, he's just the wallpaper. He's going to be there now for me.
Speaker 2: So what I think, Kevin, Chelsea is saying that it's hard for her to connect romantically with you.
Speaker 3: I don't even mean romantically, I just mean as a person to person. It's just it's hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kevin, it's a little bit distracting, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's waiting for Charles to.
Speaker 5: Responds Charles speak up right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's a little bit distracting. I guess it is. But like the thing is, I can tell him to do whatever I want. Does that make sense because I'm the one that's paying him? Oh? You paying? I mean okay, yeah, he was technically not facing you for the time. But I mean I could guess I could get him to like face the wall if you really wanted.
Speaker 2: Well, I do think that would be better. That's that's at least a good first step. Can we agree on that?
Speaker 1: Awkward, Kevin?
Speaker 2: I mean, people need the rest of the day. But the blindfolded a ball game, you can't see, you can't speak.
Speaker 1: Both of you what emotional support is totally normal and needs But let's get you a dog or.
Speaker 2: You know, but dogs can't laugh at jokes exactly.
Speaker 4: And it was a good date.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: Did you hear it wasn't a good date. I am so sorry, y'all. I don't understand why this was even a conversation. Is awkward and weird, and I've got to go. I hope you all have a great day.
Speaker 2: Okay. Sounds like you need an emotional support friend to deal with that.
Speaker 4: He keeps having to go and I think that's.
Speaker 1: She's not interested. And I don't know that you're going to find many that are interested when Charles.
Speaker 2: Has to be there with you. But a dog, a lot of women would be interested.
Speaker 4: Yeah, emotional for animals are kind of weird. I prefer people.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well maybe again, Maybe just follow her home again and see if she stops looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't say this about many people, but this show is an open door for Kevin whenever he wants to come back. He is officially a friend of the show, even if he wasn't being one hundred per century full with us about his emotional support friend. I like him and I would let him follow me home anytime.
Speaker 1: Is he the only one that pushes back on dogs that people are better than dogs?
Speaker 3: They're not Kevin.
Speaker 2: People are your problem. Everybody agrees. All the people on the text board, they're saying dogs.
Speaker 1: Are better than be Yes, get the right emotional support.
Speaker 2: Actually, wait, did his emotional support friend follow Chelsea home too? I think of that.
Speaker 1: So there's two dudes following If there's.
Speaker 2: Two guys following you, now, I kind of understand the creepiness, especially when he's talking to his friend and going, what is the boy?
Speaker 1: You didn't understand the creepiness when the guy was sitting next to him staring at her.
Speaker 2: The date itself was pretty odes. Yeah, I mean he's just being supportive. No better ways, Yeah, better ways. You should have done a FaceTime totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean he honestly could have had him on speakerphone and just set the phone on the You know.
Speaker 2: There's lots of life lessons to be taken from these segments, and you can go find them online wherever you get your podcast at Brook and Jeffrey and then email the show. We can call that person who wasn't calling
Speaker 4: You back, freaking Jeffrey in the morning, really