Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Welcome into Fantasy Pros. This is leading off live the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I'm your host, Joe Rico, joined today by cac Bubba, and we have a packed outline to get to lots of cool baseball news and notes. I said the other day when we were leaving the show that I hope we don't have a big injury report. Well we have an even bigger one than the last show, Bubba. We also have a couple of cool pieces of Giants news, but a little bit of Giants trivia later to get to. So really excited for this one.
Speaker 2: How you doing, my friend, I'm doing well, doing well. Yeah, it's been a rough go in the Fantasy baseball injury streets is the best way I could put it of late. But you and I I think we're closer to one hundred percent than most of them are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would certainly hope, so definitely going to get to that later on in the show. But we have a trade to get to off the top. It's not the most exciting trade in the world, but there was a trade last night. Logan o'hoppy is now a member of the Texas Rangers. He was traded along with Chase Silseth last night in exchange for a prospect, and then Logan Ohappy immediately was optioned to triple A Baba perfect that you are here as the catcher guy, Logan o'happy has had a little bit of an interesting career trajectory. After twenty twenty three looked like he was going to be a pretty good fantasy asset, had a pretty good twenty twenty four, and then each of the last two seasons have been very, very disappointing for him. He's hitting just two oh nine four homers in seventy five games with a fifty nine WRC plus. What do you make of this trade? I mean, I feel like it's a good opportunity for the Rangers to buy low here and potentially turn o'happy around. But as the catcher guy, what do you think of this deal?
Speaker 2: It made me laugh quite a bit because at first he got o'happy and Silseth going for a guy that wasn't even a top thirty prospect in the Rangers system. So it's like, Okay, something's fishy on this one, and then you see o'happy an option right away when the Rangers have their two starting catchers on the IL, and Danny Jansen just gets moved to the sixty day IL as one of the option. You're shit, They're going, what's going on here? And I get it. O'hapy has struggled quite a bit over last Year's a lot of it, I will say, is injury related. That's that's part of it. He's only twenty six years old. Is he going to be the beast we thought he would be at one point in time? Probably not, But I think he's also better than this, So maybe he gets clicking and Triple A gets his confidence up. They bring him up because let's just be honest, it's Elias Diaz right now. You can probably do better than that, and it's just it's logan to hop he's probably the best option they have. That's the nicest way I can put it right now. But yeah, him getting an option within like minutes of it happening and just seeing the whole deal, I guess, like my takeaway is it's interesting because now the Rangers, the first place at al West Texas Rangers, let that sink in for two seconds, is a buyer at the moment because they went and bought Chase Silseth.
Speaker 1: I guess, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's that's the best way I can sugarcoat it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would take the Rangers side here. I would rather have o'hapi and sil Seth, especially if you're making a push as opposed to get the name of the prospect. Like you said, he's not a terribly high ranked prospect. Game Ov was saying, this is Mike Napoli all over again. Mike Napoli had a pretty decent stretch of productivity there that o'happy hasn't met yet. I think o'hapy could have a Napoli type of ceiling where he's a thirty home run guy. He hits two thirty two forty and is a really productive catcher. Doesn't look so as of today, but we'll see what happens. Do you expect how soon would you expect Ohapy to be back with the big.
Speaker 2: Club, Bubba? I think after he has maybe three or four games of hitting relatively well. To me, it just feels like a pure confidence boost. That's all this is right now. But the other thing is maybe he needs to be in a part time platoon because the Angels played him all the time hurt not hurting day he was the primary catcher with the capitol p and maybe a sixty forty seventy thirty split couldn't hurt the guy.
Speaker 1: We got a question, actually that does involve a catcher, So let's bring that up real quick. My league's deadline is today, and a lot of leagues they're rapidly approaching, if they haven't already passed. I lost Shaneers and I'm running Carter Jensen as my catcher. Chapman is my only closer, and I was offered Ben Rice and Cad Smith for my jord and Alvarez. Would you take that or keep Jordon and grab a closer and or catcher that emerges from the wire. Value wise, it it feels all right from a value perspective. Rice has been a top ten ish type of player this year. Haid has been probably the top three closer at worst. I think he leaves the league in saves. But Jordon is going to walk to the American League MVP this year. Where do you lean on that?
Speaker 2: PUBB?
Speaker 1: But it feels pretty even to.
Speaker 2: Me, It's very even. I actually love the trade. If you want to bolster, like adding kid to Chapman gives you a heck of a one two punch in closing. My question is like Jensen's just fine, So is right? Could Rice play first place? Utility? CI A lot of formatting questions there, but I honestly think it's a fine I know Jordon's running away with it. Maybe might get a triple crown frow, you know, when things are all said and done, Rice isn't that far off. Like, I think this is a great move if you want to go for the ship, and I'm guessing it's head to head up as a deadline approaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Lee saying in the chat Rice have catcher eligibility.
Speaker 2: He should.
Speaker 1: I believe he has it in every format this year. He won't have it next year, but he should have it for now. And Lee, I still haven't forgiven you quite yet for comparing me to Jimothy the Raccoon on stream. You say just because I wasn't here doesn't me and I didn't see it. Maybe I did appreciate the bit though. We did have some fun in the live stream as well.
Speaker 2: Yesday.
Speaker 1: If you guys missed it, Welsh and I did a live stream yes, so you can check it out. On the YouTube page under the live tab. We had a lot of fun there, but something else was kind of fun when we were putting the sheet together last night. This wasn't there, but something we woke up to this morning. Max Clark has been called up by the Detroit Tigers and he will be making his major league debut. What he's done over the course of eighty nine mind the league games this year is pretty impressive. He has ten homers, twenty one steals, hitting two seventy seven with a three to sixty eight on base rate and a one fifteen WRC plus. The thing with Max Clark is the power I think is a little bit in question here. He only has a four percent barrel at triple A, thirty seven percent heart hit rate, eighty eight mile an hour average exit velocity. They don't really jump off the page U specifically as a triple A numbers. I think if you need some speed, you can add Max Clark here, and people have compared it to maybe like an aj Ewing type of performance we might get. I'm not sure he's a must add across all formats the way that I've seen him talked about, though, What do you think Buba would you be adding Max Clark regardless of format.
Speaker 2: I'd be pretty excited. I don't know if it's regardless, but you got Max Clark catted into Sacramento for his debut, which is a plus for the weeks. If you're in daily leagues, that's awesome. Obviously, if you're in weekly we'll find out on Sunday how that pans out. The other factor is, yeah, the overall season numbers don't like great for Max Clark, but since July first, he's played eighteen games, three forty three, four homers, four steals over those eighteen games, maybe coming into his own. He's also walking eighteen percent of the time while striking out sixteen percent with a one point six seven w or ops one eighty four WRC plus. So picking things up as the season has gone along for a twenty one year old, which I love. And secondly, if people love the swag factor that PCA brings to the Diamond, let me introduce you to Max Clark because there's more gold chains than gold teeth on this man, because he's got a lot of them, So be prepared for that in Detroit and he should play almost every day.
Speaker 1: Weirdly enough, Yeah, He's a guy that the old heads generally have not been a fan of from the tweets that I've seen going around Twitter the last couple of years, but I've also seen a few interviews with Max, Clark and Welsh and I talked about this maybe a month ago or so on the show. I think I was actually right around the Futures Game that he's a guy who really does seem to be pretty intelligent when it comes to the advanced stats side of things and learning in the modern game. He does seem to be pretty cerebral, and I think he's a guy that will grow into a better hitter than even what we've seen, just based on the fact that he seems willing to learn, and there are some players not a lot. I think most players these days are pretty forward thinking with the stats, but he is embracing the analytical side, which I really do like. Fab estimate on Max Kla It really depends what he does over the next couple of days, but I would imagine under one hundred, like in the eighty to one hundred range, probably based on the hype alone. What do you think depends on how much money people have left, But I think the Max bids maybe around one hundred.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't have that much left. I think, like as Max, he might find a couple hundreds out there, but I think on average, he's gonna go from like twenty to thirty bucks from what we've seen the last couple of weeks. Like heck, I got as Rulina Valdez like three weeks ago before he went hot for like anywhere from fifteen to twenty five dollars. So like people are gonna like Max Clark, don't get me wrong, like they're gonna spend money on him. But like we're looking at an average bid. I'm in the twenty to thirty dollars range. But there might be someone in your league with a lot of money left over that wakes up and goes, wow, let's get the shiny new toy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we might see it. I remember a few years ago when Ellie de la Cruz got called up in my I think it was TGFBI league, nobody had spent any money or that person hadn't spent any money, and then put a nine hundred and ninety eight dollars bid on Ellie de la Cruz. So you might see something crazy like that. Happen game ov a resubb appreciate that. And then CCD Goalie hit a twenty stream streak. We really do appreciate that. And if you guys haven't heard, we are doing a little bit of a giveaway here at Fantasy Pros. We are giving away a shop code and a premium sub so both of those giveaways. If you want the chance to win them, you just comment on any of our trips twitch streams at twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. As always, Twitch subscribers get a one and a half times odd boost that winning. Just as a thank you for your support, We're gonna announce the winners next week on Tuesday, so make sure you guys are on the lookout for that. Let's get to Jesus Lozardo and I said it on the show I did with air Cross about a week and a half ago that it felt like Hazes Lozardo was kind of due for a bit of a blow up because he tends to do this. He'll have four or five really good starts in a row and then there's a bad one. And to his credit, it had been a while since his previous stinker. It was early June, but yesterday against Miami, six earned runs, three walks over his six and the third.
Speaker 2: And I really don't know what to make a hazus Azardro.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of people put him in the elite pitcher category, but can consdering how often these blow ups happened. The whips still not amazing. I'm not sure I would put him into that elite tier of starting pitchers. Bobba, what do you think about Hazu Sozardo, which just feels like the blow ups come a little bit too often for me?
Speaker 2: Uh, For I guess I'm a hazel a sizar to stand, so I'm gonna fight back on this one a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I want to know what you consider often, because before yesterday it was eight starts. Since May first, it's happened three times. Otherwise it's been two run rods or lessons. May first, he has a two point eight sixty IRA over sixteen starts, which to me plays pretty well with a three two five sierra and twenty one point four percent K to walk, so I am more than happy with it. And also I was very annoyed by the management in Philadelphia. Mister Don Maddingly, former Dodger for those keeping track at home, he uh, he left him out their way too long. He shouldn't even have been out there in the seventh inning. He was already approaching ninety pitches, velocity was going down. Like we've seen a lot of this lately with these managers. They leave guys out there one inning too long and bow ups. Here we are so having to Jake Bennett the other night, I think you've blown up but ruined a really great start. So yeah, Lizardo should have left with six innings. I think one earned run and no one would be talking about today.
Speaker 1: That is probably fair. And as somebody who didn't see the game, that is good context. Just looking at last year, there was the two like biblical blow ups, the twelve and runs in the eight earned runs, and there's three other starts of at least five, And looking at this season, there's one, two, three, four, five, six starts of at least five earned runs.
Speaker 2: We were in April when he was tipping pictures.
Speaker 1: This is that again, also your point. And maybe I'm just a hater. Maybe I've just been burned by him in drafts too many times. I wonder though, heading into next year, are these you know type of blow up outings something you would ignore and you'd look more towards what I would usually look at, the expected numbers of strikeout to walk rates. Are we willing to look past those blow ups for Lozardo and draft season? Like will he be an sp one and your rankings? You think he'll be pretty close? Like I had him just outside of it in my Vegas auction. He was my sp one because prices were crazy, so I got him for like a low twenty dollars auction value and built my team around that.
Speaker 2: He basically goes in that. He's just right around or right behind like a Chris sale for me. But that's where the prices and ADP had him this last year. I don't think he falters that far from that. To be totally honest, Okay, I might just be a hater. I might just be No, you're not alone, because I get pushed back on it a lot. But I just I look at the strikeout up side, and then if we talk underlying metrics, it gets a three five seventy area on the entire season, including those April blow ups, and it's still like around a three Sierra, Like he's still very very good Pitcher.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, and honestly is a good point, and I probably need to reevaluate that if he gets blown up in his first start of the season next year, though, I will be on Twitter complaining about it like I used.
Speaker 2: Well, probably get blown up his next start after its defended him on on air to everybody.
Speaker 1: Sixer and runs inn't coming next time out for Lozardo. But no, he's better than I give him credit for. He is better than I give him credit for. I must admit a guy who is probably worse than we give him credit for. But he's having an amazing season and is said Bardo Rodriguez, I don't know how he's doing this, but he did it again yesterday, eight innings of shutout ball, allowing just five hits and striking out two against the Pirates. For the season as a whole, two forty eight era, the whip is at one twenty one. But EDWARDO Rodriguez, it's been unbelievable this year. It's twenty two starts. I wrote a cell high piece in April and we are twenty two starts in and it's still not coming to here. So I mean, you, guys, if you're watching live, you can see the savant page. It's not everything. They obviously have to look deeper, but the savant page is as blue as the ocean. So what do we make of EDWARDO. Rodriguez? You know we're talking about trade deadlines approaching in fantasy leagues. If you can move him today, would you be trying to do it or would you just hold on at this point?
Speaker 2: Well, Joe, have you seen the movies? Now you see me? Now you don't that they're making a fourth one scene. It's about the twenty twenty six at water or Atrigaz baseball season, and it's just a magician basically out there and we can't figure it out because I'm with you, like I watch him and I've been an e rot guy for years. First year I haven't backed him up. Here you go and he's going off. But it's so frustrating because it's a profile I hate. He's not striking out a lot of guys. It's a ton of pitch to contact. He's not dominating in any way, shape or form. Everything under the hood suggest not a good pitcher. Like he has a six k per knight on the season, six six k per knight that is horrific. He's just you know, you limit soft your hard come. It's like, this is nineteen eighties. Pitching is what this is, and you're you're seeing it on this this era, So it's hard for us to wrap our heads around. The blow up is going to be legendary when it happens. But I tip my cap and you just start him every time out now and you just go like, Okay, this is great. I'm playing with house money and see where it goes. It was only trade him if you can, yes to your original question. Sorry, trade him immediately, if you can package him, if you have to, like sweeten the deal, but trade him. Yes.
Speaker 1: He's allowed more than five and runs just one time this year, and it happened just two starts to go against Saint Louis. Other than that, it's been just one of those incredible pure seasons. Even four in runs has only happened three times. We're talking twenty two starts in an eighteen of them three or fewer runs, and almost all of them it's zero or one. Like, it's just been an incredible season from him. I wonder if he gets some back end. Cy Young votes ten wins as well, But God, this is the baseball world, right You just never really know what's going to happen. There are a lot of unpredictable things, and Edward Rodriguez having the season that he is is definitely among them. Jared Jones, the cover boy, I want to get to him because he went six innings yesterday, allowed three runs on four hits while striking out five. It probably doesn't feel like the most insane line, but Jared Jones since he returned, I mean, everybody was super worried about what he was going to do, and you know, first year, coming back from a surgery, blah blah blah. Over the last month, Jared Jones, as I pull it up here, great radio a two ERA and a point six y three whip with thirty three strikeouts in his twenty seven innings over his fifty two innings as a whole this year to three eighty one e in a one zero two whip. But as of late, he's unhittable. Nobody's getting on base against him. He's just been phenomenal. And I wonder if we're in the realm again where we were a couple of years ago, where Jared Jones, is he an ace like we thought he was gonna be before the injury. Bubba.
Speaker 2: I think he's got these qualities for sure, like Skens will always be that ace in Pittsburgh. But he's a heck of a one B in that situation. And that's why a lot of us liked him last year. He got hurt, and a lot of us were very excited for him to return this year and Pittsburgh's you know, using kids' gloves. And he's still been this effective because even yesterday or it's been four straight starts at least five and he's three starts of six, still only seventy seven pitches, insanely efficient. He threw eighty three pitches in his last it is not yesterday able to start before that, that's the most he's thrown all season. They've really really kept the tight leash on his workload, which I wonder if they're just what they're saving him for, maybe for next year. But he continues to get better and better every start. He's just dominating the opponents via the strikeout of the swing and miss, and I'm with you, this guy is very, very very good. And I think that it will also lead to some interesting skiings discussions next year.
Speaker 1: So if you're going to rank the Pittsburgh starting pitchers, Schemes is still at the top I think for most people, despite some of the v low and injury concerns. But as Jared Jones ahead of Brax and Ashcraft going forward for you at this point.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've always had that. I love Brax n Ashcraft. There's no no where you're there. But I've always thought I could see the allegit argument del Jones will eventually replace Schemes. I'm not going to start that today on July thirtieth, twenty twenty six, but I can see that being a point of context if there's a lockout off season. We're trying to fill content. But Axcraft is three for me, like he's running out of juice this year, but the dude is still insanely talented. It's a heck of a one two three for the Pirates.
Speaker 1: It's a damn good team as a whole. You just look at what they've done. And we've talked about Andy Rodriguez the other day.
Speaker 2: He's back.
Speaker 1: Magnum has been very good, Brandon Lau, Ryan Reynolds has been very good, Valdez has been good. Oh hear and Nick Gonzalez. The whole lineup has been good except for the guy who I believe is the highest paid player in the lineup, who's Marcelo Zuna. And then the pitching has been really good. If they add a bullpen armor two, if they lock up Skiings, I'd look at this team over the next five or seven years to say they could potentially be a World Series contender. Bubba Chandler also in the mix. It's been very disappointing for him, but I think in the long run.
Speaker 2: He's improving this year though still general.
Speaker 1: Run yeah, still generally in and the pressure's off of him if he has to be a four as opposed to a two or a three. So that's a team if you're looking to buy futures for next year. I wonder if we'll get some Pirates World Series tickets. Who knows, we'll see. It's still very early, but they make the right couple moves in the off season, I could be persuaded into putting a couple bucks on that. Mackenzie Gore. I looked up to the first inning yesterday and said, here we go again. Three are in runs in the first inning, and then checked an hour later. Seven innings. Those three runs were the only he allowed. He did not walk about her. I believe he did hit one with nine strikeouts. And he's another guy where if you look at the expected stats still tell a bit of a different story than the era for his career. His expected FIP in his career is three ninety six, the actual era is four thirty. He has a one to thirty seven whip, but he has a sixteen percent strikeout to walk rate for his career. There's, you know, certain things that I really like, certain things that I really don't bubb up. Is Mackenzie Gore a guy that eventually you think will pop off as an ace or is this kind of just who he is at this point? He's gonna be a mid foros eer, a guy who flashes good skills. But it's essentially the second coming of Redebtmers type of thing.
Speaker 2: It feels, and that's not a bad thing to be. It's feeling like a Redebtmers thing. I guess if it is a Redebtmers thing, people need to lower their expectations on draft day because Gore is not drafted as a redet vers. But that's not a bad comp Honestly, because I'm a huge Gore fan. I kind of bounced off him a little bit this year. Second half swoons have followed him each and every year, hoping to go to Texas would improve. But he's basically Lizardo with less consistency, if you want to go that direction. They're both super talented. When they're on, they're just dominating. But Gore has too many off days a lad. So I think that's a very good comp and if he falls into that, you know, a third or four starter Redetmer's role, that's a heck of the way to go for the Rangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seeing in the chat, Todd saying Gore's range of outcomes seems slightly better than Dept.
Speaker 2: Meer's.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm here, but yeah, not this year.
Speaker 2: But dets on a real team and it might be different.
Speaker 1: This is true. I mean, I don't find out by Monday he's probably gonna get traded. We'll see the angels. I just you never know what the angels. I wonder if Mike Trout could potentially be on his way out the door, I Soriano Deptmers who knows. We'll have to see what happens over the next few days. Let's head to my neck of the woods and talk Trey A. Savage, because he had a really good start against one of the best offenses in the league, the Nationals. Like we all thought they would be six and two thirds, three hits, one earned run. He did walk three and struck out four. But those three walks kind of a problem here with Treya Savage. If you look back to last season, he had a ton of walks, eleven percent walk great, it was high in the playoffs. If you look what he did, you know, rehabbing in the minors fifteen percent, twelve percent, and then this year in the majors it's twelve percent again. And he seems to be succeeding in spite of the crazy high walk rate. But it's not something that I love to see going forward, Bob, and I think it probably keeps him out of those ace type of conversations for me going forward until he gets out under control. What do you think about Trey Savage going forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I fully agree, as I was looking forward to here Jay's definition or discussion on this, But I'm with you, and he's if you look at the underlying stats, he's actually been lucky this year. But it's it's a control thing one hundred percent with him, because it's a flyball guy that walks too many guys and he'll give up the long ball and just unravels from there. But like he's got the nastiness to go with it. But the consistency is the problem. So I'm with you. It's gonna very very much limit his potential. Maybe he needs to going to like Tampa Bay. They fix all those problems.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Take it easy there, partner. I think he will eventually figure things out. But a thing here with him and a lot of guys, this type of mold. He relies on the splitter so much, and the splitter is probably the most inconsistent.
Speaker 2: Pitch in all of baseball.
Speaker 1: I've fought with Nick Pollock for years about Kevin Gosman and his viability. We've been alternating right and wrong in those years because sometimes it clicks and he's great, and sometimes it doesn't. And like we see this year, Kevin Gosman hasn't been good. And I wonder if you Savage maybe develops another pitch, just take some of the pressure off of the splitter, something that maybe we see happen over time. Certainly needs to improve the fastball a little bit, but we'll see. We'll see what happens with Trey Savage. Definitely some potential, but it's been a little bit shaky to this point in his career.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: Sean Manaya had a very strong start against the Braves. Six innings, five hits, tour in runs, four strikeouts and two walks, and Shaan Manya, I mean it kind of struck me as a bit of a surprise, but he's been a really reliable pitcher now going back for about the last two months. And I wonder, Bubba, is there some streaming viability or even maybe just pick him up and hold them with Shaw and Iya at this point, would you be interested in adding him for the st if you're seeing him available in any leagues?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think he's a very good streaming option a twelve team and deeper for sure. Maybe occasionally intends we'll see where he's pitching in his next start, because he's highly rumored to be sent out of New York. But he's another one of those guys that he's doing it with lowered velocity, which always concerns me. But he's doing it, and he's pitching very well, and he's still striking guys out, So yeah, definitely a streamer down the stretch.
Speaker 1: If you look back over the last nine starts, is a three seventy five ERA and a one eighteen whip with a fifteen percent strikeout to walk right. So definitely some pretty solid numbers from Sean and I and not that I was expecting it at all, but he's had a little good run of productivity here. I realized putting these shows sheets together recently that I always tend to put pitching before the hitting for whatever reason. I don't know what that says about me. But let's go and talk about a couple of hitters. Matt Olson. I mean, just an incredible season that he's having. But it I don't feel like it's really been talked about all that much. And maybe it has and I've just missed it. But Matt Olsen hit his twenty eighth home run of the season yesterday. He went two for eight across the double header. He's hitting two sixty four with a three forty one on base rate and an incredible five to twenty five slugging percentage. It's a one thirty three WRC plus he's doing pretty much what he did last season over the course of the whole year. Like his numbers already through one hundred and eight games resemble nearly the whole season stats from twenty twenty five. First base is going to be pretty crowded next year. I think you know Ben Rice is going to be first base. Only you have ever's there who didn't used to be there. If I think about it more, there's probably like fifteen viable first baseman. Where do you think Maddelson fits in? Is he a top three, top five guy? Is the age? Were you at all with him? What are your thoughts on Matt Olson bubba age doesn't worry me a ton.
Speaker 2: It should eventually, but the dude just just pencil him in right now. And it's the Machado conversation. I guess at first base, will it eventually run out? Maybe the bat average is always fluctuating. Mem as you mentioned twenty eight on Brouns, it was twenty ninety to the last two years. He's on pace for like his twenty twenty two season, potentially with more like His runs and RBIs are great. He's just a force that you can pencil it and I love everything about him. You could get him, you know, round pick eighty to one hundred this year, which is great. He should go higher than that. I think he'll be more in that Pee Alonso conversation next year. You can just set up after it and then we still what are we to do with lad That's a great fall another conversation in the offseason. So yeah, Olson's going to work his way up there. But to your point, also, first base is extremely deep, so will that force the issue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean first base is always like a pretty solid position, but maybe it's just anecdotally, it feels very very strong. You're going to have ben Rice sal Stewart will be eligible at first base, Miguel Vargas, depending on formats, will be eligible, Luis Garcia, Alex Burlison having a great year, Jake Bowers. I haven't even really mentioned any of the star names yet. I'm just looking at the player raider and these are the top ten names. It's pretty incredible what's happened with versts this year.
Speaker 2: Like, for example, Harper was going before him, like I'd have Wholesome over Harper, but Harper always good the push and he every year you think he's gonna drop, but he doesn't. So it will be extremely interesting to see how this pans. Like there's gonna be a couple that I quote unquote we're used to being in the top. You know, ten guys that are gonna fall quite a bit. That'll make another I know I keeps talking about next year, but there's a lot of discussion points brewing based on this season.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jake Berger, I think, has had a really good year. He has nineteen homers, he has sixty six RBI, he's hitting two forty, and he's the twenty seventh ranked first basement on the Player Raiders, So just a really really deep position this year. I do want to mention Trey Turner because he had a home run yesterday and he's been unbelievable coming out of the All Star break. Twelve games, five homers, he's hitting three hundred with a six to eighty slugging percentage, as you can see on the stream here. Though, for those of you watching on YouTube, the overall profile when you're looking at stat cast is not terribly kind to Trey Turner, and I wonder if he's maybe started to decline a little bit the last week or so would indicate probably not. But the season long numbers he's hitting two forty three is an eighty six WRC plus. What do you make of this recent hot run from him? Is this trade Turner turning the corner the way he did in his first year in Philly, which started off as a big disappointment and they cheered and clapped for him and then he figured it out. Or is this potentially actually the start of some real decline for the thirty three year old Bubba.
Speaker 2: I am slightly worried about his agent's guy that's been beat up a lot lately. Every year now it's like a back or a knee, or there's always something with Turner right now, which does concern me overall long term discussions with him. But that's why the Phillies are rumored for like they're talking about zach Nettos. They can move Turner to third or even right field to get him out of shortstop and kind of limit damage. But to your question, I think he can go on a streak. I think the skills are still very much there as a hitter, or the bat speed might be declining a bit and we might not be that three hundred guy, and he might, but the powers there, he's hitting for average, Like I think he's still very very good, just might not be the guy he once was.
Speaker 1: A couple of questions in the chat about first base here continuing the conversation, asking me what's wrong with Blad. Your guess is as good as myn I mean, there's a back injury, potentially there's a hamstring right now. There's potentially the big pressure in the first year the big contract. Usually we equate that with guys going to new teams, but this is the first year of Lad's five hundred million dollar deal kicking in. So maybe there's that Yandy over Vlad next year. Yes, I don't have a problem with it. Yandy and Flatter essentially the same guy, especially at cost, because Vlad will be probably fifty to seventy picks more expensive. And Anddy Diaz go look sort by from twenty twenty two to now and look at their stats and tell me Vlad is a much better player. I can't do it anymore. And I'll say that as a diehard jas fan.
Speaker 2: I I this is a growth moment. Joe. I'm very proud of you. I am because I know your love for your Jays and your Vladdie, So I'm very proud of you on that one. That had to be difficult.
Speaker 1: Yes it away, throw it away. Maybe next year. Next year will be the year for the Jays. Hopefully, maybe not, but we'll see one more name in the headlines. I want to get to Haro Berta Hernandez. I'm gonna tap myself on the back because I did a little waiver short on him a couple weeks ago, and by golly, has it been good? Last thirty games. Eleven homers or excuse me, eleven runs, eight homers, fourteen RBI, two stolen bases in a two eighty six batting average, and he's still just sixteen percent rostered on Yahoo. And before I hear oh, and nobody's playing on Yahoo anymore, Asmlin Valdez is over seventy percent. So people can still pick up recent hot streaks. It's not just mock drafts. And then we forget about our leagues. There are still active leagues on there. With Heroberto Hernandez on the waiver wire, I'd recommend picking him up. But this feels like Jesus Sanchez from a few years ago the Tools, a guy with five category type of potential playing for the Marlins. What do you think about Heroberta Hernandez and what he's done this year?
Speaker 2: Ederberto is awesome, Like he's got sixteen jacks on the year. In two forty one he mentioned the hot streak with that has can come with recent playing time, consistent playing time, like they used to just be a platoon situation and that stopped a while ago. That was even before you know, Cassie goes on the io and stuff. They made Arobert to at least an eighty percent guy, and that that's tremendous that the productions there. I think he should be rostered a lot of places. I know he is in most of my formats in twelves and fifteens, and I think in Yahoo he's there's no I know Esberlein had the hot streak and it's been ice cold, and we talked about that when it was happening, that that was going to happen with him. He'll be hot and cold. I think if you want consistency, Ederberto is a better player of the rest of the season, to be totally honest, than as brilliant is now. I don't think that's a hot take at all No.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. I totally agree. Especially after Valdez got hit on the hand. You never know how that's going to impact you going forward. For a power guy in particular, Harroberto or Max Clark in the chat, it's easily Herobert or Hernandez for me, for me too, and then Heroberto or Jack Caglion, it might be Heroberto at this point. As much as I love CAGs, it's close.
Speaker 2: It might be Roberto. I had Ryan and I discussed CAGs on Tuesday nights Bub and the Bloom, and I still think he's very good. He had decent game on Wednesday. I'm worried the shoulder injury he's playing through is going to zap that power for a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it hasn't been the year I was hoping for from CAGs. It looked really good. There was a month stretch where he was like the leader in WRC plus, but it was just a month stretch. He hasn't been able to keep that up. Next to your rebound Vlad or VP, I'd probably still go Vlad there, but I'd like to buy the dip on both. I'd have one as a first base, one as a corner infielder hypothetically wouldn't have any problem with that, depending on price.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of NP this year, and I'll have a lot more next year too, And I still am a big fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still a believer as well. I wonder it seemed like the Royals as a whole might have been affected by the team going to the WBC. It was like all of their key contributors were there and then they all struggled out of the gate. So I'm going to give him a pass. He's going to get a mulligan for me as well. Reminder, guys, my playbook is still available to help you guys with all your fantasy baseball leagues. Even though we were approaching the stretch run of the season here, people are going to start to drift their focus. So it'll give you an even more of an advantage on your fantasy baseball leagues. And you can do that with my playbook. Just Suite have powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. Import your team to get custom Fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis. You can sink your leagues today at fantasypros dot com. Slash MLB My playbook or download the Fantasy pros app Let's get to a fun fact and we're gonna go to your neck of the woods for this one. Bubba Daniel Susak hit his first two home runs, both in the same game, became in the first Giants player since Jim got in nineteen eighty five to accomplish defeat. That one is per the wonderful Sarah Langs was a young Bubba watching Jim Gott hit those first two home runs in nineteen eighty five, Bubba, or am I dating you a little bit too much?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I was almost two years old, so no, I was not watching you Got Me? You Got Me Joe? But no, I did not the question I have for Sarah Leggs, and she does all. I love the tweets she puts up for all this. Sue sack second home run. I think he got like one and a half on Wednesday. The second one came off of Andrew Vaughan and barely made it to the left center field seats, So I kind of take that with the grain of salt.
Speaker 1: Okay, I actually didn't realize it came off of Andrew Vaughn, who could use Helple Homers himself. The guy's only got like four this year. But man, it's a pretty fun list of guys look back on here.
Speaker 2: I'll say this as a Giants fan. For those that know one of their I love their their TV combo Dwayn Kuiper and Mike Kirk. I think they're one of the best. Absolutely love him well. Kuiper is legendary as when he was a Cleveland, Indian at the time, he hit one home run. That's the only home run he has in his entire career. So so. One of the Beat writers posted yesterday on Twitter that Daniel Seussick tied and past dayne Kuiper on the same day. That's good stuff.
Speaker 1: That's a good booth. Whenever I see a clip from that booth, it's usually good stuff. I'm partial to my own booth in Toronto with Shulman, but that you guys are up there, you guys are right up there. I got to push back a little bit in the chat on Brick saying Haroberdo is just a flash in the pan. I couldn't disagree more. His barrel rate has gone up this year from ten percent to nearly thirteen heart hit rate up five points. The main thing though, the bat speed from ninety miles an hour to ninety two miles an hour. He has pretty solid plate discipline, he makes decent contact. There's a lot of stuff to like here, the power speed mix, it's a decent lineup around him. If people don't want to buy in, I can kind of understand it. But also it's a pretty good minor league track record. There's just a lot to like here with Herbert or Hernandez, so more for me. If people aren't going to buy in. Absolutely another piece of news here in the fun fact section, remember me, Jared Kellennick re signs with the Rangers on a minor league deal, and I wonder, Bubba, if there's any chance that Jared Kellernick does not a full Jordan Walker but at some point comes back into our fantasy lives in any way, shape or form. Do you expect to ever see Jared Kellnick in Waiver wire articles or on thumbnails for podcasts again? Or do you think those days are those days have kind of set behind.
Speaker 2: Us, Those days are behind us, not to not to I'm not even it's like the third or fourth minor league deal he's had this year, so I'm just going to pretend that didn't happen, and sorry to disrupt the show, Joe, but Shane mcclanahandus threw a pitch and left with the trainer and he's pissed, so that's not good. Sorry, but uh, I know, but that just happened, and he's literally the trainer walked down. He says, let's go, and he walked away. I walked off the mount with him.
Speaker 1: I was you know, I was wrong about McClanahan this year in terms of this production We've gotten. This was the worry though, after coming off of two major elbow surgeries, like, what are you really going to expect from him? And I've been proven wrong, but I don't know what's left ligament wise or tendon wise in that elbow. At this point asked prayers not from McLanahan, but you know what, the race should get on the phone and call the Tigers right now and say, all right, let's do it. Let's get Perry's. Google's spore reminded me yesterday that they offered camon Aro for Otani, so they are not They're willing to put the chips into the middle even if we don't. Usually see the razor associate them with big moves. Definitely still possible that something happens here. Let's get to the three up and three down and we'll stick in your neck of the ones. Are the Giants an absolute route of the Brewers? I think they had sixteen runs four heads. For both Luisa Rise and for Elliott Ramos, I've both been having really solid years. I know Ramos has missed some time, but look at his stats. Just a really solid player that I don't think people care enough about for fantasy. And then Luisa Rise has been one of the better late round picks of the year. What are your thoughts on your Giants and the offense? Is it coming around a little bit? Is this just a one off type of game here?
Speaker 2: Well, the offense as inconsistent as it can be. I've had this discussion on my shows and even off air with Giants fans with that are like taking take a deep breath. I guess that I actually think the offense is not the problem. The offense is really good at least like one through seven, one through eight, when it's healthy, it's a good lineup. I know there's some head cases involved, it's the bullpens a disaster and outside like the top two starting pitchers, it's a disaster and it doesn't matter what your offense is at that point, the sad part and I'll just you know, two seconds there, arise is likely gone. Yeah, and Elliott Ramos is being discussed. And this is what I hate, and I get it, it's a business, but this is a guy that I think would be perfect for a Giants team that doesn't usually have a lot of power. I wish they would resign him, but heck of a run. I've gained a lot of respect watching Lisa Rice. I always thought he's just this slappy guy who cares, but watching him every game, one heck of a ball player with any playoff team should go.
Speaker 1: Get And you know what, he's turned into a good defender this year, Which is it all? Ron Washington? Is that what we're putting all the credit here?
Speaker 2: Because it seems like he's really good at it. He's really good at it. That's his gig.
Speaker 1: Second base? Isn't that hard? Tell him, Wash, it's incredibly hard. Let's keep it going. With three ups and three downs, Christian Scott had another solid outing five and two thirds against the Braves one and run in seven strikeouts. This is the guy that we thought we were getting in fab a couple of years ago before the injury happened. Looks like he is on his way to becoming an ace. And then I got to mention Louis Varland a six out save and he dropped his ERA below one for the season yesterday. Mason Miller is the best reliever in baseball. I'm not going to argue that is Louis Varland number.
Speaker 2: Two, not still Kate Smith. I had. I had Mason Miller and Kate Smith one A and one B going in the draft season. If you look at their stats the last three years taking saves out because because Kate Smith didn't have the chance, almost identical, and I think they're still that good. Louis of Arland's approaching that mixed though, I'm not going to say he's not.
Speaker 1: It's hard to believe that the Guardians had like the best closer in baseball. He does something incredibly stupid, gets himself banned, and they replace him with the guy who might end up being the next best closer in baseball. Good problem to have for them on the downs Austin Riley, I mean, it's just we can have him on the downs every day, it feels like. But yesterday, over the course of the doubleheader against the Mets, seven at bat's eight played appearances, he walked once and struck out six times. I might have to start I might have to start a holy crapo meter on this show, because when I saw that, I was like, Holy crap, six six strikeouts in one day for Austin Riley. Is there any hope that he eventually figures it out, you think? Or is this a career that's going to continue to trend downward over the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think he's going to be a heck of a bi low target next year because and I was like, I have not been a big Austin Relly fan, but I think people are so sick of him. It's intriguing just for the fact that if you look at like his quality of contact is still almost elite, Like it's still very, very good. He's hitting the ball so hard, barely so much. He's got to figure out the swing in the miss. That's his thing, and that can be an off season tweak. We've seen him teak the swing before, so I'll be interested. But man, it has been a disaster this season.
Speaker 1: No good, no good at all. What's worse than a sinco stinko? How do you say six in Spanish? I forget sa the sace, it's.
Speaker 2: A safe puts you to sleep space. Yes, I know Spanish for my work, so I could help you with this.
Speaker 1: I know about five words in French thanks to the Toronto Public school system. But other than that, I cannot help us with feigning the odd bit of Italian here and there. But that's not going to to us any good. Here somebody else that will not do us any good. Aaron Boone said that the Yankees have not determined when Aaron Judge will be next evaluated. Still without a timetable to return over under point five games for Aaron Judge the rest of season, does he get back in the lineup.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say over, just because I think the one I guess was swings in if they if they are in the playoffs, if they get eliminated, we might not see Aaron Judge this year. So I'll still take the over because he asked the question. But I've told people for a long time, like I think you can drop Aaron Judge If people think we're crazy and there's not been one piece of good news ever in this situation.
Speaker 1: If you could either hold just Judge or Sodo, Like let's say you had an auction team and you had both of them and you needed to free up a spot. Who do you think is more likely to return and provide value this year between them Sodo?
Speaker 2: And I've said you could drop Sodo too, but I think at least you might get two weeks out of Sodo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dark, dark stuff for first round picks this year, Like across the board, it's been awful.
Speaker 2: It's bad, awful, really bad.
Speaker 1: Like nearly every first round pick has either been hurt or disappointed or there's been something with like twelve of the top fifteen picks this year, Whit's been hurt Judge, Crochet, Scooble miss sometimes Skens has been disappointing, Jay Ram hurt. Let's just go right to the second round next year and not even worry about the first round Byron's auction. Just do an auction. Byron Bucksen was placed on the ten day ail with a hip and pingement, no clear timetable for his return either. So if anybody thought maybe the twins would get a godfather type of offer at the deadline and Buckson would wave his no trade clause or something. It does not appear that that will be the case. I didn't think it was going to happen anyway, but this kind of solidifies that Corey Seeger will be activated from the IL tomorrow as long as all goes right. We never know with Corey Seger, but it looks like he'll be back tomorrow for your weekend lineups. Nick Kurtz will undergo on MRI on his forearm on Thursday. X rays came back unclear after he was hit by a pitch on Wednesday, and they want to do further imaging. No boin o baba, I'll give you that much in Spanish. Does not look very good for Nick Kurtz.
Speaker 2: No, no, it does not not good at all.
Speaker 1: Also not good. I should be laughing. Another bad one here, but MIKEL Garcia pulled from his rehab assignment after feeling similar pain symptoms in his injured hand. So it's just a litany of bad news today pretty much. Curtis mead some slight positive news, avoided surgery, but is still expected to miss six to eight weeks in his recovery. So I think that's a pretty clear drop for Curtis Mead as well, even in Rode oh leagues like there's what are you gonna get? Maybe a week out of him? Maybe I just you're dropping Curtis meat, I think, Bubba, is there any any pushback on that?
Speaker 2: No, he's gone no, yeah, okay good.
Speaker 1: And then O'Neil Cruz have been cleared for all baseball activities and is hopeful to begin a rehab assignment in early August. I wonder there might be some shallow waiver wires where there's limited IL spots where he might be kicking around. I doubt it. Take a look and see. You might get lucky if you're in a ten teamer. And then Edwin Diaz activated from the IL. We played the trumpets for him, and we played the bagpipes for Tanner Scott because he has been just unbelievable. I know he gave up a run yesterday, but we're talking a low twos, mid two s cra A whip in the point eight range sixteen saves an immediate drop for Tanner Scott. Here, I assume, Bubba, are you gonna hold on to him?
Speaker 2: If you're in need to say is I'm holding on because I don't think they're going to do back to backs for a while with Diz. For one, diaz velocity was up yesterday, but he also get two doubles like he wasn't gonna get one with in the entire outing. So I'm gonna sit back and kind of watch this. I think they're gonna be very careful with Diaz. They want ds for October, and I think Scott will find his way into some save opportunities or something happens to Diz. We'll see.
Speaker 1: It's good to hear that because I have a few Tanner Scott shares and he's been so good. It feel really really dirty to drop a guy who's been like a top sixty player this year.
Speaker 2: But I got at least wait a couple weeks. Yeah, see what happened.
Speaker 1: Let's hold on there, guys. We're gonna move into the home run board for first, I want to remind you guys about our new home run model you can check out at betting pros. Our home run bet Model bettingpros dot com. Slash homers is that u L probabilities data driven from matchups, stadiums, weather conditions. You can check out all the picks and you can unlock all the picks with the Betting Pros Premium subscription as well Asmerlin Valdez looks like the top guy today at Great American Ballpark against Rhet Louder, so you can definitely see where the system's coming from on that one. Tyrone Taylor against Yerie Perez also looking like a great value, and then Munataka Murakami going up against Ryan Weathers That one will be in Chicago. But but where are you going for your home runs today? Anybody from the big board? Are you going to pave your own.
Speaker 2: Path on this one? He's not super high on the big board, but I think most people will agree. We will go to Great American Small Park, we will face Reht Louder, we will go Brandon Lao, who is just having a monster year hitting home runs. So I will take I'll go on the Loo train for tonight.
Speaker 1: I think that is a solid pick here, and I am going to go with what I believe is a solid one as well, and that's Julio Rodriguez at Dodgers Stadium against Roki Suzaki. Very hitter friendly park, a very hitter friendly pitcher most of the time in Rokis' So, I think Julia Rodriguez, mister second half, is going to get one out of the yard tonight. That will take us into our best Bets of the day, brought to you by our presenting sponsor, and that is hard Rock Bet. It's considered the slow period for sports, and that just means we have more time to focus on baseball. There's a full slate of games nearly every day, not today, but nearly every day. You can live bet every inning from the first pitch to the final out over on hard Rock Bets. So, Bubba, where are you taking us today? For your best bet?
Speaker 2: With Grant Homes pitching for the Atlanta Briggs, I'll go to one of the best offenses in baseball, the Washington Nationals. Give me c j Abrams, who's been white hot of late and he's off the trade market apparently, to give him over three hits runs in RBIs for plus one thirty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm also targeting Grant Holmes here, who I think Nick Pollock might have the greatest nickname for in the whole industry, the realtor, because he grants Homes. I think it's phenomenal. It's a great nickname. But we're targeting him today and we're taking the over Nationals and Braves. Jake Irvin versus Grant Holmes. It's two really good offenses. It's two pitchers that I don't have a ton of faith in, So give me the over there at minus one five. Guys, make sure you are checking out hard Rock Bet. Tons of stuff to bet on. There's tons of promos as well. If you bet five bucks and wins, you get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets on top of your winnings. That's right, an extra one hundred and fifty in your account. There's also new promos every single day, no sweat bets, profit boost, bonus bets and more. So open up the hard Rock Bet today and see what you got in store. Payable in bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminol Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one a three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone who knows a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio and Virginia, call one eight hundred mis reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler, Bob. I think that will pretty much wrap it up. Maybe if you do a couple of chat questions here, just so we could maybe hit the over on the show. So I don't catch any flak from Welsh Dylan Cruz or Max Clark going forward, I think I might go Dylan Cruz in that lineup, with what he's been doing recently. I think it's cruse for me.
Speaker 2: I'll go Cruise. But if you're on a Sunday fab and you see Clark plays all three games in the outfield, I'd be intrigued to take a shot on Clark. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's a fair call. So I traded away Connolly early a six dollars keeper for Blake Snell. What does everyone think for me rest of season? I think you probably did okay there, I haven't seen the latest update on Snell, but I think that he has got a couple more rehab starts.
Speaker 2: Left to go. I'll give it to you. On Wednesday, he threw sixty pitches, struck out nine over four shutout innings. He either is going to throw a one more rehab start or with the Dodgers schedule coming up, they might go to a six man and bring him up next week for like a seventy five pitch start and then he's ready to roll. So he's back soon. So I'm assuming Lee is going for the title this year. Early might not give you a whole heck of a lot. So I think he did really well with Snow, But yeah, go for the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm with you there, Will Ty Franz keep it up rest of season. I tend to lean no. Probably it's a crazy run, especially in a pitcher's park for a guy who's been solid but not anything that exceptional. I would lean towards no. And if you're doing these last minute deals, you need a kicker to sweeten a deal. Pro Ty Frans in there, I don't think it's going to hurt you too much down the stretch.
Speaker 2: What do you think Bumba. Yeah, I think he'll be serviceable, but he's not going to be this outstanding all.
Speaker 1: Season and last one before we wrap it up. I can keep too Ty Franz, CAGs, Carrig or laira rest of season. Hmmm, I'll kick that one to you first.
Speaker 2: I want to say, CAGs and Carrig. Larr has been very, very good. I'm gonna go Kags and Carrig on that one.
Speaker 1: I think I'm with you. I think I'm with you there. Yeah, yeah, I think I'm with you CAGs and Carrig. And that will wrap us up for today, and you know what, I'll take the slide under. We're juicing the betting markets here. I went all the prediction markets and bet the end of this morning. So we're going to cast that one. Take it all the way to the bank at forty nine to thirty. But thank you guys so much for tuning into the show. It's an absolute blast doing these with Bubba. We really have a lot of fun. Make sure you guys are subscribing, whether it's on the podcast feed, Apple, Spotify, wherever you listen, on YouTube, on Twitch. There are so many ways you guys can help us out. For free. We really do appreciate that Tomorrow I will not be here and I don't think Bubba will be here either. I believe it's an IT We got the ITL takeover, and I'll remind you guys that tomorrow will be our last stream on Twitch. We are going to be moving to YouTube starting Monday, and we will have the Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule going forward starting next week. So just the heads up. Put a reminder in the phone. If you're here on Twitch on Monday, we will not be here, so we will be on YouTube. As I've rambled, we've hit the over on fifth, so who knows. Maybe I'm betting both sides of it, getting a little arbitrage here, but that will do it for us. For leading off, We'll see you tomorrow with Welshon Bogman for Casey Baba and Joel Rico.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you next time. Everybody, take it easy.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB