Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgar with Lizzie Burden, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon. Good morning, ASML, I mean a record quarter, really blowout figures and you see the result in the share price today, you.
Speaker 4: Do, Yeah, heading record highs in AMSLM this morning, so lars I looked up about four percent, and they had been even higher this morning.
Speaker 1: I think they started up about seven percent.
Speaker 4: As you say, this is all on the back of their kind of blowout figures this morning. So fourth quarter, record orders, thirteenth straight year of sales growth, fork car sales will continue to grow in twenty twenty six, so all in very strong results and news from them that. We had a Bloomberg TV interview with the CEO. He said that despite all of that, even a great company needs to improve and he wants a company to be more agile. So they are on top of that good news. They are also planning about oney seven hundred job cuts, which is about four percent of their workforce. Those will mainly be in tech and IT and mostly staff at a leadership level, mostly in the Netherlands, but it will also impact some operations in the US. They're saying that this follows feedback that their organization is too complex. It can lead too much time being spent on coordinating things, coordinating processes. So that is kind of the only potentially negative news for ASML this morning.
Speaker 1: But as I say, blowout figures.
Speaker 4: They're also going to create create some jobs, so creating new engineering jobs, roles and manufacturing and other sectors.
Speaker 1: And they're also.
Speaker 4: Planning to expand to a second campus in Eindhoven, so that's in line with demand. So strong demand for SML being seen both in the numbers and in the share presce.
Speaker 1: We also had reporting earnings reported from Debenham's Luise So how did the market react to.
Speaker 4: Those Yes, so they boosted their FOIEL guidance by eleven percent and that boosted shares. They climbed to a six week high in London. This is all on the back of improvement momentum, particularly in their youth brands.
Speaker 1: So that includes pretty little thing.
Speaker 4: They had planned to put pro a little thing up for sale before that, they announced that a while ago. They've now said they've decided not to do that because it's performing well.
Speaker 1: So this is quite a significant marker. Really.
Speaker 4: It marks the end of what has been a four year streak of downgrades for Debenham's Boohoo.
Speaker 1: It has recently been rebranded Debenhams. It was called boo Who.
Speaker 4: So yeah, signals that their turnarounds gaining attraction. They are still exploring sales of non core assets that can reduce their debt more and you know that there's still some room for customer growth to be boosted further. But it's a marker of things starting to improve their yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, such consolidation on the high street and in all of those sort of retailers in the UK. Let's think about banks sasity general down there have been some very high expectations for bank stocks.
Speaker 4: In Europe, there have been, yeah, and they've performed particularly well over the past year. So if you look at the stocks six hundred Europe Bank Index, so last year StockGen gained one hundred and fifty three percent and that was versus the indexes sixty seven percent, so it's been performing really well, but shares dragging this morning. That's after they've been cut by KBW analysts, and that's the third downgrade for sock Gen this month. Essentially, analysser warning of a risk that underwhelms having performed so well over the past year or so. So the analyst KBW said they don't see it. They don't expect it to deliver returns above twelve percent by twenty twenty eight. They don't expect management to give much meaningful dates until there's a bit of a strategy review later this year, so there's a bit of a limit to neartime cast lists that can help the stock.
Speaker 1: So the third downgrade four.
Speaker 4: Soction I must also though, say that they still do have sixteen buys as even though the consensus is slipping slightly, it is still strong.
Speaker 1: In that sense in terms of recommendations. Zer always file the Reason.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App