Speaker 1: Well, this is definitely a first someone who was previously on a second date update use that experience to better themselves. Yeah right, I know. I know we are all ash shocked as you. I know, but this guy put the work in and you're gonna hear what happened in a brand new, brand new second date update. Did I say brand new twice? My brain is good? You say it one more time? Yeah, brand new second date update? Yeah, guest, but first comments, but first comments? Yeah, he's like, is ver okay? Do you need to check on her?
Speaker 2: I love how Maybe I'm just personally gonna find this funny, okay. One of our listeners, dead Skull was binging old ones yes it was back to like twenty twenty, and found the first second date update I ever did and commented, this is Alexis first second date update, and it was one about someone living hashtag van life.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, I don't remember that, but you probably wouldn't like to listen to it. I listened to my early things.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm what a good one you guys threw me in on.
Speaker 1: Yeah life, there you go? Oh I love it? Well, thank you for Benji, Yes, all of it and hope you enjoy this new one. Yeah, it starts right now, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: We always welcome with open arms and open mouths returning second daters who've been on this segment before, and today is no exception. One of our listeners, James is back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's always shocking to us that you still want to help. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last time he was on, James got turned down by a woman who said he's not a great listener only because she was telling him the story of how her dog passed away, and he interrupted her to say, no, yeah, yeah, you've already told me this before. When are we going to go back to my place?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, that was then. This is now okay, And James says he's learned his lesson and fixed all of his personal flaws.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, all of us, all of us.
Speaker 3: That's exciting to hear. So James, welcome back.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, thanks having made sure Wow like to be perfect now I'm trying that perfect.
Speaker 1: That actually sounds like a growth response and I like that, James, kind.
Speaker 3: Of a perfect answer. But even before we get to your date, what have you done, like specifically since then to work on yourself, because that's what your email said you did.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, So I've been taking free classes online through this website named YouTube. You might have heard of it.
Speaker 3: YouTube is so helpful for anything.
Speaker 1: What are the classes about?
Speaker 5: They're listening classes?
Speaker 3: How many times do you like positive video and take a break?
Speaker 1: Relinds?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What did they say.
Speaker 3: On how to be a better listener?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like actively?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean truly, it is a skill.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's happened since then? Tell us?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm trying to put in practice. And I asked my brother's wife out on like a mock date just to like test me out.
Speaker 3: Buddy, Okay, it's a little awkward. Yeah, how did your mock date with your brother's wife go?
Speaker 5: I think it actually went pretty well. Okay, so she gave me like a solid B minus, which is actually pretty good because I don't think she even likes me.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I applaud you.
Speaker 3: It actually does sound like you really did do some work on yourself, So that's good. But you're not getting a call back, so that's the not good part.
Speaker 1: Is it from your brother's wife?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Tell me we're not calling her? Yeah, I don't get it. Well, just because you're married to that's it.
Speaker 5: No, actually it's not her. Okay, it's a woman named Audrey. She's a high school teacher.
Speaker 1: Cute. How did you meet Audrey.
Speaker 5: Through the app? Okay? Super sweet and cute. She's not really hot, really.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's not say that again when she's on the phone.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate getting a full mental image of what she looks like.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's okay, Like you can be really attractive and not be your stereotypical hot I think is what you mean, right, And.
Speaker 5: I actually mean it in a good way, like that's not really what I need right now. We grabbed drinks together. It was cool, it was good vibe. So honestly, I have no idea why she's not calling me back.
Speaker 1: Wait, how was your conversation skills? Like, you asked her a lot of questions.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, yeah, I asked her questions. I was actively listening. I was doing all the things. Yeah. I even wrote down a few notes about the date afterwards so that I could like ask you guys about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, wow, you came prepared. What notes did you take?
Speaker 5: Okay? So one of the things is I started off the date was like a little humor, you know. I walked in and as a joke, I sat down at the table next to her with a different woman, and I loudly was like, oh, hi, you must be my date Audrey, and I thought it would be kind of funny.
Speaker 3: There was already a woman.
Speaker 1: Sitting next so okay, you either confused two women at the same time, made them both laugh.
Speaker 3: How did Audrey react to that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it was she waved and she was like, hey, I think you mean me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: Well, at least one of you laughed, even if it's you laughing at your own joke, neither.
Speaker 1: Of the women in the room. But he's attempting to break the ice and made things more playful right from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it did help break the ice.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I was trying to find places of like pepper and and humor, you know. But I got really quiet when the bill came and I said like, oh, it's kind of cool that this whole meal was free tonight, and she's like, what do you mean? And I said, we're going to go to the car follow me three two one.
Speaker 1: But you stayed and paid, right.
Speaker 5: No, I stood up and bolted No, I actually did pay.
Speaker 3: How did Audrey react to your suggestion that you dined and dash like before she realized it was a joke.
Speaker 5: Well, her eyes got looked super big. She was really consented.
Speaker 3: She thought it was real.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she kind of smiled and maybe laughed a little.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she wasn't feeling that joke.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's just maybe first aid energy or your sense as of humor, aren't mess or a comedian.
Speaker 3: You had what we call a tough crowd. It seemed pretty stiff to me, brother. Yeah, everyone should have been like a hysterics. I know, the waiter even.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's how I feel too, But that.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not me, it's you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, what was the last interaction that you and Audrey had at dinner?
Speaker 5: Well, I picked the bill and then we hugged goodbye in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you at that point feel like you were going to get another date?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I felt like I was on point all right.
Speaker 3: And at no point did you interrupt her when she was telling a story about her grandparents dying?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Like that never happened.
Speaker 5: No, this time I listened to all her death stories, all the way through a death story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd your great great grandfather died. Okay, good. I feel like there's a lot of improvement here.
Speaker 1: I just think you get another chance just for the effort.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 5: Well that's all I feel too. But like she doesn't know that.
Speaker 1: Guys, Yeah, she doesn't know where you started.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just a situation like she's intimidated by just how funny and hilarious and witty you are all the time, and she feels like she can't match your energy.
Speaker 1: Know that I was going with that.
Speaker 3: Let's find out. We're gonna come back call Audrey and try and get you your second date update with extra good listening right after this.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: We may be witnessing a true success story here with our listener James.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Because he's made some major strides since the last time he came on our show. He's been taking free classes on YouTube to become a better listener. Yes, he's been taking his sister in law out on mock dates, communication skills, and improve his under the table foot sea game.
Speaker 1: Hey, practice means progress exactly.
Speaker 3: All that work finally paid off when he went out with a new woman named Audrey because he didn't interrupt any of her stories. He injected playful humor throughout the date. So we're all wondering why Audrey wouldn't be calling him back. I mean, maybe she's been mock dating her brother in law to try to improve herself. For you, James, have you ever thought about that?
Speaker 5: Oh? Wow, that ain't crossed my mind.
Speaker 1: The only guy could thank for you, James, is maybe you were sew in your head about all these tips and tricks that you've learned that you forgot just about Like, I don't know the chemistry, right, yeah, let it.
Speaker 3: Just take over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess so. I mean I thought there was chemistry, but I mean I just missed it. I need to practice more.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we'll call your sister in law up after this if it doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: Well, she did only give him a B minus, that's true, but that was good because she doesn't like him, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still for improvement. But let's reach out to Audrey first. We'll see what she has to say. I'm in the dollary number right now here we go. Hello, Hey, Audrey, this is Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning the Radio show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: What's up? Yeah, yeah, thanks for answering. We're doing a segment right now it's called a second Date Update, and one of our listeners has asked us to get a hold of you. Okay, so I don't know if you're familiar with that segment, but basically we know that you went out on a date with this guy named James.
Speaker 6: Yeah, James, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: We spoke to him and heard about your date a little bit. He's a little bit confused about why there hasn't been a second meetup.
Speaker 4: I'm confused about this phone call.
Speaker 5: Let me just say.
Speaker 1: That I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: We're just trying to get a sense of where your head is at when it comes to James.
Speaker 7: James is very funny, like cute, but.
Speaker 4: Just like for being honest here and I have to do this.
Speaker 5: He's just a little.
Speaker 4: Too fast for me.
Speaker 5: Fast, oh.
Speaker 3: Way fast in what way?
Speaker 4: So I mean this just really got to me, like stood out to me on the date.
Speaker 7: But I was.
Speaker 4: Kind of complaining because like I own my own house.
Speaker 6: He runs an apartment, but I have my own house. I mean, I worked really hard, but.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's good for you. I'm just playing that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you.
Speaker 7: So I was just kind of complaining.
Speaker 4: I was like expensive, Like I just dealt with a leaky roof. My eating system and cooling system just got messed up last year, and I put out a ton of money.
Speaker 7: So I was just complaining, and he, like the.
Speaker 4: First times inside of his mouth was well, why why don't we just buy a property together?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, Literally that was me. I'm like, what do you mean? And he's like, well, I'm really really handy. I learned a lot from my dad. He was an electrician. You know, I'm a two bath, three bed kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Like we could do it.
Speaker 1: I got to say, wow, to have and hard to come by these days. You know, like I understand where that might fell fast, but it also might be a.
Speaker 3: Good investment for you. Oh so, Brooke, that's okay that he said that. No, No, that's okay.
Speaker 1: But I would assume he was being lighthearted in that part of.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, yeah, we heard that. He's a very humorous type of guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, he seemed serious in the moment, but I mean I could have read him wrong. Maybe maybe I misunderstood.
Speaker 3: I mean, you didn't pull out like Zillow or Redfin on his phone and like start searching for properties right there he was walking two blocks away.
Speaker 4: No, but just to say that on a first date felt really awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that. I don't know if it's a reason to like never see him again, but.
Speaker 3: We can understand you. You were a little scared by it, a little intimated. It was a lot all at once on a first date. That's what you're saying. Absolutely, Okay, if you feel like he's serious, there's a good way to find out, because actually James is on the other line of this phone call listening in waiting to talk to you. Oh gosh, really yeah, really, I'm sorry, that's how this works. James, are you there?
Speaker 5: Hey? Audrey?
Speaker 7: All right, Hi James.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's so good to hear your voice. First of all, but hey, I want to be clear, like I actually wasn't joking when I said the idea about the house and moving in because I thought I could be helpful.
Speaker 3: What whoa James?
Speaker 1: Way in wait, you went from buying a place with her to just moving into the place She already bought.
Speaker 5: In my defense, Like, I don't mean right away. I'm not trying to like jump into that right now. Help a little bit, actually, yeah, I mean like far in the future, like a month or two.
Speaker 4: That's a lot. No, that's a lot to handle.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You're really nice. But if I need a handyman, I'll just call somebody. I don't need them to move in with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let her when she needs something. You'll make a date out of it. She'll literally just hire. Your dad was an actual electrician.
Speaker 5: So, Audrey, you're saying I made a mistake on the date, I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You should not have said that to me, even if you were thinking of it. I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: I guess it seems like your heart's.
Speaker 4: In the right place.
Speaker 5: But like, but you're saying I made a mistake.
Speaker 7: Though you made a mistake, you're talking about moving in with me. We don't even know each other.
Speaker 1: Why do you keep asking her about you making a mistake.
Speaker 5: I'm just writing this down. I'm trying to learn god.
Speaker 3: His self improvement.
Speaker 7: Journey, self improvement journey.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 1: I think that could be a positive. This tell her James, tell her what you've been doing.
Speaker 3: Go for it, James.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow, okay, we're doing this. Okay, Well, I went out with my brother's wife.
Speaker 3: Don't start doing no, no, no.
Speaker 7: He's dating his brother's wife. No no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: No, James, go back before your brother's wife.
Speaker 1: Go to the listening part.
Speaker 6: James, I don't want to go to another place.
Speaker 7: He just said he's dating his brother's wife.
Speaker 3: No, no, James, you need to explain that to her.
Speaker 5: Uh. Well, I I asked her to.
Speaker 1: Tell her about the practice.
Speaker 3: Does he use the words mock date, mock date right?
Speaker 5: Right, a mock date right? And so she can critique me, so that all the stupid things I do, she can be like, hey, you're an idiot. Don't do those things, and then maybe I'll learn it was just to be a better dater, basically. And she doesn't even really like me, but she gave me a pretty good sport.
Speaker 3: Wow, but he did well.
Speaker 1: I think, Audrey, what he's trying to say is he really truly is actively trying to improve who he is.
Speaker 5: And Audrey, you don't even know this, but I actually called the show before because I talked over a lady, which he was trying to tell me about her pet dying.
Speaker 3: I think the next step on your journey, James is to find a YouTube class about not over sharing during a first date because there may have been too much information there.
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, hold on, let me write that downright, Audrey.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm still rooting for this guy. I still think he should give him another he is.
Speaker 3: We all are team James, though, Audrey, he's definitely been trying to work on himself and be a better guy, a better dater or so. He might not be perfect right now, but maybe down the road. Three dates from now, five dates a month, when you move in together an issue.
Speaker 5: Audrey, He's not lying. I actually really will be better, Like a couple of months from now. I'm really sorry that I brought up the move in thing. Maybe we won't, don't. We don't do that. We can just go on vacation together and that will alleviate you from having to be around all the bikes.
Speaker 3: Is that better?
Speaker 1: Did you say no, Audrey?
Speaker 4: No, let's pumps the break.
Speaker 5: Let's pump the break.
Speaker 7: Okay, no vacations just yet.
Speaker 4: Like I think, James, you're a great guy.
Speaker 6: I have to be honest I've.
Speaker 4: Been dating quite a lot more than i'd.
Speaker 6: Like to right now, and most guys are.
Speaker 4: Not admitting their flaws and faults. So in a way, I like that you overshare and you're.
Speaker 7: Honest about who you are.
Speaker 6: Like to take the lot is to do this, and I mean you.
Speaker 4: Are funny, Like the diamond ash thing kind of got me by surprise.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, hey, you guys, hear that she thinks I'm funny. Hold on, write that down.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, sure you write that down. And in the meantime, we need to ask Audrey if you'll consider going out on one more date with James, and we would pay for that.
Speaker 6: Okay, on two conditions.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're not buying a property together, and we're.
Speaker 6: Not going on vacation.
Speaker 3: Okay, you set down pretty strict terms, James, are you willing to bend and abide by those rules?
Speaker 5: Wait? Yeah, does she mean ever? Because I kind of do want to go on vacation at some point.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think for the second date, James.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, yeah, I mean, just don't plan that door. I guess the whole thing is, I don't know. I guess I can do it.
Speaker 1: That's a modification motivational that didn't make.
Speaker 3: Sense ritten down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yes, you're going out again pizza.
Speaker 7: Let's go for pizza.
Speaker 4: Let's keep it casual.
Speaker 6: But I'm definitely willing to go out with you again dreams.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm just going to do one more mock date with my brother's wife and then we'll do it. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, I just feel bad for the brother's wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like five dates in She's like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better be paying for dinner.
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey in the morning, James has a lot of homework to do before his next date.
Speaker 1: Well, he's been taking notes.
Speaker 3: That's a day he's got to go back and review his notes book. Another hangout with his brother's wife. Probably listen back to this podcast and the old one that he did before, which you can too, by the way, Spotify, Apple, iHeart, wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yes for those huh yeah.
Speaker 3: But overall, he's one of the few guys who's ever been on this show who actually seems like he's really putting in the effort to find a suitable mate for himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just guys, just person any of us. Yeah, Like I'm really I hope we get an update from.
Speaker 3: Them, me too. I'll hope we get an update from him and Audrey, or from him and his sister in law whoever he deserves to end up with somebody.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get an awkward Toesday phone call from her, like, can we tell my brother in law to stop asking me out?
Speaker 3: And we would do that, but either way, we are pro James at the moment, and you could be pro James by just subscribing to the podcast hit that follow Buddy