Speaker 1: Welcome to Music to our Ears, where we share some interesting tidbits and stories related to our favorite Lingo kids songs.
Speaker 2: Oh that's my snack time alarm. Let's see what we have in the kitchen. Hello friends. Oh, it looks like everyone is having.
Speaker 1: Fun drawing, Lisa, I like your drawing a stack of circles.
Speaker 2: Oh, are you drawing that bowl of oranges?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm trying. It's fun to use simple shapes to draw stuff we see in the real world. A circle is a flat shape. An orange takes up space in the real world, it's called a sphere.
Speaker 2: What else is shaped like a sphere? A bubble? Correct, Cowie.
Speaker 1: Circles and spears are both round, but spears have space inside them.
Speaker 2: You can pop a bubble? Is this can of beans a sphere?
Speaker 3: Don't know?
Speaker 1: Sort of?
Speaker 2: This one is tricky.
Speaker 1: It is round and it has a circle on the top and bottom.
Speaker 2: But it's not a sphere.
Speaker 1: Oh, this shape is called a cylinder. Let's say that word together, ready, cylinder.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: A cylinder is like a tube or pipe. The ends can be covered or open, like that straw in your lemonade. Lisa, I can think of another tasty shape it's a circle on one end and the other end is pointy.
Speaker 2: Here's a yummy clue. You can put a scoop of ice cream in it. A con Yes, a cone.
Speaker 3: I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Elliott, here's the last shape challenge. I'll draw the flat shape, and you all tell me the name of the shape.
Speaker 2: In the real world. Here's my drawing.
Speaker 1: I know, go ahead, cawie, tell us a square nicely done. A square has four sides that are the same length. If two sides are longer, we know that's a rectangle.
Speaker 2: Do you see anything in the kitchen that looks like a square? Cookie? Square, cookies?
Speaker 1: Oh, the box of cookies. Yes, the sides of the box are squares. This shape has space inside for lots of cookies. Right. The box is a cube. A globe has six square sides, like ice cubes. Let's put some ice cubes in our lemonade. I don't know about you all, but I am ready for a snack. Let's have some cookies.
Speaker 3: That's music to ees.
Speaker 2: Well, then let's sing a song about shapes. Ready, here we go.
Speaker 4: Shits are all around us everywhere we go.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they are hiding what shapes?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 3: I can see some.
Speaker 5: Circles spinning down the streets, wheels of cars and buses looking really neat.
Speaker 4: Shits are all around us everywhere we go.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they are hiding. What shapes do you know?
Speaker 5: I see some orange cones right next to the road, warning there are people.
Speaker 3: Busy digging holes.
Speaker 4: Ships are all around us everywhere we go. Sometimes they are hiding. What shapes do you know?
Speaker 3: I can see cylinders when it's time to eat, open up the pantry to get to canopies.
Speaker 4: Shapes are all around us everywhere we go.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they are hiding. What shapes do you know? I can see a spear when I'm playing ball. Pass it on to my friends. This is phone for rol.
Speaker 4: Ships are all around us everywhere we go.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they are hiding.
Speaker 4: What shapes do you know?
Speaker 3: I can see a big heart a card on.
Speaker 5: A shelf wishing love and friendship, happiness and health.
Speaker 4: Shapes are all around us everywhere we go.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they are hiding. What shapes do you know? I can see many cubes in my big toy box.
Speaker 4: Try to build a tower stacking up my blocks. Shapes are all around us everywhere we go.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they are hiding. What shapes do.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Now that was music to our ears.
Speaker 1: We hope you like the song. You can sing it all day long. Look around your world. Do you see circles, spheres, cylinders and cones. Maybe you can find a square or rectangle or even a cube.
Speaker 2: Think about it. Goodbye until next time.