Speaker 1: He is drink Champs Motherfucky podcast man. He's a legendary queens rapper. He's agreed as your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop yon there p up as dj e f N.
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk chans mother every day is do ye see listen, It's time for drink Champions, drink up Mother Mother.
Speaker 1: What a good boy in O R E? What up is d j E f N?
Speaker 3: This min tepa crazy world podcast makes some And when I tell you we started this show, we wanted to, you know, pay love and pay homage to legends and icons, people that came before us and people that's holding it down. This man right here, I want to say this out front, and I want people to try to challenge me. This man might be the greatest performer.
Speaker 1: On Earth. Notice I didn't say greatest reggae.
Speaker 3: Performer or dancehole performer or Jamaican performer. I said one of the greatest performer on Earth. No man wants to go on stage after him. We researched his music and when I tell you, Roster, the man dim right there. We since we've been doing this for eight years, well race one day on someone's music and go research it. Me and Roster Man listen to this man for five days traits. We couldn't stop listening. We couldn't stop because the man, when I listened to the to the that phrase the mandem, he's the mandim.
Speaker 1: I know that people call him the king.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like being called the king because he's a humble servant. But I tell you, like this from the people, you are a king to us. You just sold out New York City thirty six thousand two shows, first reggae artist to ever do.
Speaker 1: That by himself.
Speaker 3: He also in one year sold more singles than Bob Marley. He is a legend, legend, an icon of an icon. In case you don't know who were talking about, were talking about the one and only. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I was so honored. You know what I mean when they.
Speaker 3: Said that, you know, Bouju is coming here because are are. Our show is about giving people flowers when they're alive, giving people there you know their praises, and you are somebody that you know you deserve this man like you deserve like what you're doing and continue to inspire. But let's talk about when you first came home from jail, right, it was a it was a moment in the airport right where the people rust you, right, and I can tell you you're a man of the.
Speaker 1: People, but you also was a man of privacy.
Speaker 4: I can tell Yeah, that was a very very very painful, dramatic. So read the moment, you know what, touching the side of JAMAICANFTA, so many tribulations and seeing the massis coordinate the airport.
Speaker 5: You don't want they want to feed like you're doing.
Speaker 4: You don't appreciate your efforts, you know, giving you a warm welcome home.
Speaker 5: But we still wanting a man they come of this process. All that was happening a.
Speaker 4: Lot to impact the Yeah, I came home, Diesel too. Well, I'm under the work, you know. You know I record three times I did wow in those days. I'm around our school, I'm going around the yard and I'm gonna around the chapel, so I have a fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So it's a difference. Right.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this is this is a question I've been wanting to ask somebody for years as a Okay, I'm gonna call myself it as a Yankee.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. What is the difference between dancehall and reggae? Answer?
Speaker 4: I was really younger people express themselves. Where will get more sexualized, we get more slangy. Reggae music is where we speak to the soul. Reggae music is what our ancestors and our forefathers left with us to keep us close to the connection to God.
Speaker 5: Because this music wasn't given to us by a man.
Speaker 4: This is music was a divine music sent to an island of an hundred and father for a square miles. With our population at that time, I've nearly won pint four or five million people. But their struggles and their tenacity to withstand these struggles was so much so that the fire themselves side fitting for them to be blessed with their music of their own, to express their ideas and ideology and their pin and their praises. And so Reggae music was borned by the great Starlos. First we had to count Machuke, and then we have Kings Titch.
Speaker 1: Big, You you Ride, I Ride.
Speaker 4: We have Bob Miley, we have the bit attached to have the burning spears, and we have countless a group of catalyzes, the heptunes, the techniques. We had many great style warts who came along who understood the assignment, you know what I'm saying, And that's why reggae music is here now because they understood the assignment. Now, we came along as a later generation of musicians who knew that our predecessors unders put the assignment and we needed to understand the assignment.
Speaker 5: So I see myself as a last last.
Speaker 4: Of the more econs, you know, reggae music spear who come with that old school knowledge, who knows that this music must feed my people, educate them, uplift them, eradicate negativity.
Speaker 5: From their minds, and allow them to whine at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's a great.
Speaker 3: So let me just tell you, you know, I live a bunch of white neighbors, a bunch of white people, and it's two things I like to do.
Speaker 1: I like to bump reggae music around. They don't get playing for some reason. You can pump reggae music at the highest lack level and it's okay. It's only two music you can do that with. It's reggae and South sad.
Speaker 6: That's it's like they won't but it's it's, it's it's I see the difference, like and I'm I'm bouncing all over the place, like when you first entered the game.
Speaker 3: And then he became raster and it seems like the music became more conscious.
Speaker 5: Was that like like I wouldn't say I became. I would say I show you who were supposed to be.
Speaker 4: It was always you can't became Okay, you can't become some of your aunt because you're going to go back to what it was. However, we are supposed to be is what we're supposed to be, and we can't change that. However, we enter the door, it's just a precursor to get to her foot into the door, because I see myself as servant, you know, no, you know, one day my mom said to me, I think you need to go live with your father. And after living with my father for six months, my step mom, out of the blue decide my school time was twelve o'clock and about I think it was ten thirty eleven o'class in de side. She wants to send me to the shop. I didn't know why, but anyway, I took the bag and I took the money and I went to the door. And I was walking to the shop and there was a mango tree in the car park and from Afar I spoked this mango. It was so red. I kept looking at it, and the spirit came to me. I said, climb this tree, sit in it, eat this mango. Don't come out until you are finished.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know. I put the bag in my pocket and I climbed the tree and I ate the mango. When I dropped the seed on the ground, a car pulled up under the mango tree and the door opened and a.
Speaker 1: Voice said, juvenile into a clement tiree.
Speaker 5: And I looked down. I said, clod, yeah, clement Ty, slide over the tree.
Speaker 4: It wasn't three days later until I realized how much cut, how much bruise I am on my legs. This was Chavaron scarlet a tree to one called Clementine. So I run to Clementary and I said, you know, Chabar. They they call me Buck because it was you know, should maka so to speak. He said, buck bringing wrong from the back car park. So Marne go back to the top car park and sad chavs. I'm saying it was drive go on there so we see a big water tongue, you turn right, not gonna meet your own there, mm hmm. So I sat there and watched these two enterty and as megastars, Chabarroks Clementine talking, you know, and they getting ready to go to this this fat and I said to me, Clementary said to me buck later, and Chabarrange said, no, bring the soldier. So I sat in a car now with the driver Chabarras up front, Clementarry there and I was over here. Before I went into the car, he pulled a bottle of honey and he walked over to me and he said, hold this, and I was holding the cock, and he poured the honey into the cock and he put his finger into it and put it around his joint and started smoking.
Speaker 5: I said to him, why you do that? He said, to keep the vice moode.
Speaker 4: I knew right there and then it was a spiritual thing because my love for danceland, for Chabarrange super seed.
Speaker 5: So much things.
Speaker 4: Because back in the days we had a song system called road Star, and Roadstar used to play in our community.
Speaker 5: And when he played chabarrags.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because you know, when I was growing up, they were few entertainers who were worthy of my time. One was Major Worries. To me, Major Worries was a teacher of all of us. He was so advanced in his disposition and his lyrical delivery. And ironically, Liqual Twitch was a produce of Major Worries. Admiral Bailey was a prodigy at Major Worries. SHABAANX was a prodigy of Major Worries. And I became a product ye of Melior Worries to listening to Major Worries as a real road boy, because in Jamaica, in order to do this music, you have to be firm.
Speaker 1: I got to be about that life basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's not about anything else.
Speaker 4: But you have to leave your experience and people see you know that your experience is not far fetched.
Speaker 5: You didn't create this thing to gain and support.
Speaker 1: But you you are really, this is you. So we had those real Bretherns.
Speaker 4: Tie on ranking tie on, you know, you name them. So these are men who they didn't just have this these names Louis lepk, you know what I mean. So we're really boys in the thing because my experience was basically police brutality, gang warfare.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, people trying to kill.
Speaker 4: You're trying to defend yourself against that, people trying to hustle, people trying to make.
Speaker 5: It so we dive it.
Speaker 4: Struggles with life so wrong, so wrong, that struggle of life to make it into somebody. So when the ranking Carli from the tree, that's with a turning point in my life, the show that.
Speaker 5: I am truly a servant to come to serve the masses.
Speaker 4: And even to this day when you see each other, I would always remind him of the moment that you call ing this little boy out of a mango tree.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and he never forgot. He never forgot. No shout out to the mango too. So is it true that you had an album released Party s Obs and a Man. Then come knock on the door the mandem I always come for with diamond, but it was Biggie Small. Yeah. Man.
Speaker 5: So I'm on sit on in a.
Speaker 4: Ing so ob Virgin come knock and my mo doing a cool swea. When I want to knowing that, I said, what's up? Brotherhim saying my name is Biggie Smalls can I come in side, I said, my biggest smart coming, I'll did. We brought him inside those days I was running with Lisa Cortest from a PolyGram.
Speaker 1: He was already Biggie Small he was, No, it was on the.
Speaker 5: Up and coming. No, I didn't know that song.
Speaker 4: I didn't know any song of his, but I was, you know, my eyes first when I come to music, because someone inspired me, so I must inspire someone else. So I wasn't going to be the song of the person's going to say, no, I'm not this asshole.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know who he was when he wasn't until when Lisa Cortest came to SOB. She said, oh, you met Biggie Smalls. I said, oh yeah, he just just brought him inside and we just chilling all the time. Never seen him again from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, goddamn, the word is like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least at least you got to see him, and he got to see him humble, because I mean, you're a legend, man like, and you know he's Jamaican, so he was probably.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, when bigg came to Jamaica, he came up in a wheel chair.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's why he had an accident.
Speaker 5: And it's the most gun shot he has ever heard in that.
Speaker 4: Because when he's performing, they was like a shot, Well on, the person will get more respect than Biggie smiled at Jamaica. Are two persons we love a d MX DMX and the last person went our lord foreign Jamaica, our island are out was fifty cent.
Speaker 5: You know many men?
Speaker 4: Okay they down himself sent fifty cent on the stage and Zeke's yes, sent him and tell him go on the stage.
Speaker 5: Now we're ready for many men. You know he went up there and sing it and was allowed.
Speaker 1: You know, was Buster Rams your first feature?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Boster Rhymes used to hang on to them, lose can on them and the boot us to get up to do our song.
Speaker 5: To get on we used to drive god Mother beat island.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this is where we do a wiki doc.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? But you know what I mean, I really yeah the bust I really would read bad man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I heard that y'all kept going back in the sessions.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, because we forget this right.
Speaker 1: To get it sounds like a session.
Speaker 3: In the basement and his malls in Long Island and then you were staying to the city.
Speaker 4: So we drive from seeing a wish fine tonight on Broadway, so we used to drive all the way over to the Long Island and no matter.
Speaker 1: What, get back to the hood.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let me ask you, because I I've been watching and watching and watching.
Speaker 1: You said something that was very interesting.
Speaker 3: You said, apple beats gives gives props back to to reggae, to dance hall.
Speaker 1: Do they I heard you say that.
Speaker 5: I don't think that. I never said that.
Speaker 4: I said, I think you fucking perhaps back to dan salad and reggae.
Speaker 1: I heard it, bro, Now you really just like I thought I heard it, heard it the other way around.
Speaker 3: But then then I heard you say because I heard you say apple beast, I thought I heard you say that the apple beast.
Speaker 1: Like you know, paint just music.
Speaker 4: Shan out of Africa was fella cute, Yeah, fella cute. Uh lucky do bee from South Africa. We had Sally Kita, we have used to endor, we have Baba bah No. No one wanted to go beyond the pale of what those brothers was doing. I went to Africa in nineteen ninety when and I spent like three weeks concern at the universities can trees educating people from Ghana all over the continent about reggae music and dance.
Speaker 1: Sad.
Speaker 4: But I was happy when they came to Their sense is to realize that music is the the bridge that's going to connect us. But what I was disappointed in they didn't try to connect with Jamaica the rules. They connect with everyone else except us and you.
Speaker 1: Talking about affle beats. Yes, okay, okay, you sorry.
Speaker 4: So they connected with everyone else except us. But when you look at what they're doing, their music is not free in Africa. It's fun great need a free Africa. If I am in Germanic and my and my country and my paper five for free. You're a continent with words, son and power, and you have the ability to know and now you're singing is fun?
Speaker 1: Cret You don't sing a song to free Africa? Are now we need? I'm bringing this to the forefront of your mind, but we desire more from them. You want the money, go get it.
Speaker 4: But what's going to be said about you later on and your posterity. You didn't make any impact. So reggae music still stands predominant. It is still the King's music.
Speaker 3: I can say I wasn't ready. I might have heard it wrong, but then I also heard you say. This is something that I've really, really really listened to you. Yes, please tell me.
Speaker 1: One afrobe son.
Speaker 5: I can believe us.
Speaker 4: Bly for us, take us from Kenny. I is suffering, people of young men of Kenny are revolting. So Africa is on Sudan, so Sudan, you name it. But which one of these songs can I relate to for a piece of mind to tell me that I'm in the struggle and we are going to be better in the struggle, and even though the struggle is hard, we're going to overcome.
Speaker 1: Tell me you know what. I don't think I can reggae music right.
Speaker 4: Listen, A lot of culture vultures over there. We have sat and we have watched reggae time taken.
Speaker 1: I was going there music so hard and stolen our culture. I'm knocking nobody.
Speaker 4: But you don't give us no respect, motherfuckers, And you still expect us to act like we take something from you. This is the King's music. Your music shall come and it shall go because has nothing to do with soul, It does nothing to do with building energy. Our music is time marker. You can remember when you went to your first date, when you are their first sex, when you marry your wife, when you go to the first dance. It's time marker because it's the King's music. You can't remember when you're happy, you can't remember when you're sad. You can remember all the things because there's a music to mark that time period. But everyone wants to take from reggae. You want to extracize us on the pay us.
Speaker 1: Let's just stay on alphabe for a second. That is direct from REGGAEO.
Speaker 4: No real aphrobetis from Africa, but the influence.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure all the alphabid adds will say to you, oh aphabid is Aphrobidians are going to do with Jamaica, And we will say to them, our music has everything to do with Africa. We don't diecatomize, we don't separate to ourselves from Africa, no kind, no time, no day, because the drum in our music is what speaks to our soul. I think the drumming your music speaks to your soul. But what are you saying? It's important for you to It's easy for you to have anybody to listen to you just don't get that wrong.
Speaker 5: But what do you have to say to them? There's a hard part.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about Joe and I was like, that's not that's like that maybe I close my mouth here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's easy for you to have the masters to listen to you, But what when you say to them?
Speaker 4: You know, we've gone from a people singing singing about the freedom that they desire, a people singing about the hope of their nation rising to the apex the hope of their people and the young men and realizing that this is a great nation and they need to take the bull by the horn to someone who's what people want to plung Just back five five years, fifty five years to wear words peans. Now, if you look in sub Saharan Africa, we see Africa rising up. The brain of Africa has become awakened from Nijera right through. So we cannot continue an a trajectory like we don't know who we are and our music cannot continue to be uninspiring, right, simple?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean they say that all music comes from Africa, Yes, yeah, but then so so you think that we got music come from Africa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the drum is that we get that your friend, we have speaking and our idioms and the way our cadence come across it's much different because we're able to bandwards and we don't need it English, we need the Oldish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, English, you speaking and I speak out.
Speaker 3: But that's the beauty about listening to you to your music is sorry, it's not just you know you could dance to like you actually school and people like, what's what's the name of the record that it reminds me of a NAS record?
Speaker 1: We talk about guns? Oh I got to.
Speaker 3: So you ever heard the record that's had call I Gave You Power where he's talking about a gun? Was that record inspired by Mister nine?
Speaker 4: I grew up in a culture where those with the gun, I think they have the power gun man. No, you can't be policed, it can't be sold. Those generally with the gun, I think they're so powerful and they don't have They don't realize that. What they have done is show the younger generation a type cast or a kind of mindset that if you do have, you're not powerful. There's some consciously broadcast this that if you don't have a gone you're not powerful, but that sound telling you that whether you have a nine to sixty doesn't matter what you have, it doesn't matter. You're not living right because the gun can't hurt anybody. It's the individual and the mindset that perpetrator. I can committed end result.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: You put a fucking drink right here, it's harmless. The person consume it, then it becomes a dud. Same thing with a gun.
Speaker 1: Don't kill people, peopleeople, you know, bunch of one of my songs.
Speaker 4: So the premise exists. Yeah, don't kill people. People kill people, mister nine said to mister five five. So it's like the guns are talking to themselves. We're not leaving right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, So it doesn't attend to That's why actually, because it reminds me of the Navs song where nas is actually talking to a gun and he makes it so so there is no correlation. You know, I've never heard nothing song before. Okay, okay, okay, this is great. You know, so we spoke about some of it earlier. We said, uh, when you came home the airport incident where people will you know, rushing you and you you kind of like needed your time.
Speaker 1: But then this car say comes right after this. I read the reviews.
Speaker 3: They said that this might have been one of the greatest cars serious on earth.
Speaker 4: I think Jamaica outsideis fried with Jamaica. I've seen larger concerts. It's a monumental occasion for Iman. Still being home bland still, you know, given appreciation for the love of cause I grew up in a simple home.
Speaker 5: The love of God was always there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: My enemies try to destroy me because you don't know who I am. But trust me, they know.
Speaker 5: And they dwell.
Speaker 4: And I think credibility and if it destroyed, credibility is easy for you to destroy the man.
Speaker 5: Any man.
Speaker 4: Once you destroy any man's credibility, it's always easier for you to go at them. But my father, he stood in the bridge and showed them that this is my servant and I'm un easier to serve me, not you. So yes, they thought they put me away, but what they did was raised me up. Because you have to realize what man plan to hurt you with, your father plan to help you with. Okay, we're living in a world. We know that this world, especially the United Stans of Americas, is domain. We don't come to contesting we'll come to walk like job and we'll not get a robe signal, a champion, even more champion dan job because music has been used against the people now as a weapon. I was here in the early nineteen nineties when I was a young man. You had no dreads, and I saw the trajectory, and I saw what they were trying to do. And they've accomplished it. They are accomplished killing the ki arrest one. They've accomplished killing everything positive that comes to the music. And it went on a spiral of we'd to become the batchery and everything the furious and every so after the people gain their consciousness and they hit them when someone or something else and they would drive the message room so hard that they have no escape. We are fortunate enough to be on an island where we can educate to ourselves from these circumstances and cultivate an identity for our own and a spiritual awareness of our own and a firmness to take us through this struggle.
Speaker 5: We don't hear to convert people because we're at a cult.
Speaker 4: Yes, we aim to open the eyes of the ones who are hearing the earth so they can partic of the goodness of God, not of the goodness of the devil. Becaus want to last for a minute, But the goodness of God is ever lasting. Now they might say, You might say, well, what does reggae music our hold? Does reggae music play a part in this? And I will say to you, music is here to teach us one lesson. If music is the only thing that shall never die, Ask yourself, why do you get tired of some music in two months?
Speaker 5: Something is wrong?
Speaker 4: Oh tis, I should be timeless, right, it's not anymore?
Speaker 5: So what's happening?
Speaker 1: Disposable music?
Speaker 4: Yes, music is never disposable. The artists are disposable. See our profession. Our profession was divinely given to us. It is written in the Basic Instruction before leaving Earth that you are called the Bible, that a singer and a player of instruments shall go before the Lad's coming. So what shall we go and do? We shall proclaim it's coming forward. You shall bring the people together, you know what I'm saying. But if we're not doing that, then we shall be thrown into the fire heap. Yeah, so are my Muslim brothers. They notice, and my author's as brothers. They notice my Christian brothers who are standing up. They notice this Barkley is not against flesh and blood. It's not against none of you guys. It's a spiritual wickedness and principalities and darkness in high and low places.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So you can continue, I can head towards the light. Your choice, you all do.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about did your your mother give you the nickname Buju? Actually I are actually yes? How did this? I wasn't there. I wasn't aware I was there, but I wasn't aware, you know.
Speaker 4: But I grew up here in Caliman, Bojo. You know, BuJo is a Maroon world. Maro Maroon are some of the indigenous warriors on my island. We fought the British relentlessly.
Speaker 1: Those are the Moors.
Speaker 4: Maroons are from Blackmores. But my generation originated from Nigeria. I'm an Ebu man coming to my bloodline, and we fought the British relentle We fared King Charles for farty years and I come to the British treaty anybody sustain our over eight years automaticala window sovereignty. So we fared in for five years and glasses fire and when he bardon you to fighting the five years after that, So we tricked them into fighting for eight years without sensation.
Speaker 5: And we want our sovereignty from the British.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we ruled from the Cockpit country down to the Clarendian But now our indigenous life and our indigenous way of life and our lands are being threatened by the current government administries and of Jamnica who seek to bring Chinese and the nationalities into the Cockpit region, which is an indigenous secret region.
Speaker 5: Do you serve us the Maroons as the warrior as so it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy that's happening right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, there's indigenous people all across the world around. Actually went from Peru because the multi national seats. People have phones, they have, but the multi national seat the national resources of the land. Like in the capital country of Jamaica. We're rich in backside right now. There's certain companies like Nrandom and certain Russian companies who have been taking this backside for over seventeen years. And they would destroy your school just to take the backside under the school. But there's no payment given to the community, not the chief, not the council of the indigenous community. It's done to the government's structure where these people are just totally and your land is being pilfered, like you know, it's crazy. So it's a new generation of young men rising up.
Speaker 1: What's the two political parties that you make.
Speaker 5: I don't give a fuck about political.
Speaker 1: That should be one of the political.
Speaker 4: Parties, you know, because they say it's two sides of the same kind for change and we who upset.
Speaker 5: But you have to understand that.
Speaker 4: A country is basically a corporation which are elected official as a CEO.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of people think a prime minister run a country, but you have to understand that these motherfuckers are ceo the company called the country, and.
Speaker 5: My board members have the answer. Sometimes these board members are so powerful that these.
Speaker 4: Assole ship in your pants when they get a phone call from these motherfuckers. You can't tell me that in the Caribbean we can improve our standard up living for our people. And as a disaster, I'm run going begging left, right and center. And these are to say, motherfuckers who came into politics with three thousand dollars in their bank account us and leaving politices with six hundred thousand million million, So where this Where does millions come from? But the Caribban people are so passive. I think they put something into our water over the years. We'ren't fighting anymore, we're accepting. We're not standing up anymore.
Speaker 1: We're laying down.
Speaker 4: And these motherfuckers we call a politician, the real criminals and the real crooks. They're having a blast because there's no checking balance. Chickan balance don't come from your cronies. Checkan balands come from people who feel the pin. And that's why you see what like even in Kenya, they were taking aback. They didn't know that the young men and the young women of Kenya had their dogs so much in a way that they could tell each politician.
Speaker 1: What they owned and where they live and where the investments were. That shook them.
Speaker 4: So we realized that you know, in the region, ever, the better as the leaders we stopped. We need to stop elect people based on your skin color and then being charming. It should be on your mandate and we have to hold your feet to the fire to accomplish what you promised.
Speaker 1: Simple and coming from the islands that historically were the ones fighting.
Speaker 4: Listen the islands far listen The first island far to Freus was eighty and where's heated today? In as Caribbean conjures who look at eighty in disgust because they don't see themselves us standing with them, brother, the first nation to fight for free us. And you ask yourself, why is eighty suffering so much? And why are my Haitians brothers on so much pressure?
Speaker 1: You know why?
Speaker 4: Because they stand up against the giant who they should have bowed, and they refuse, and everyone wants them to bow.
Speaker 1: Hate it.
Speaker 5: Do not bow, Keep standing up. We stand with you.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 1: So I oh, let's talk about Pehouse Records for a second. How do you get down with Pinhouse records? I'm on.
Speaker 4: Well, Pandos records is a story where I used to leave Chancellly and down't town kings. Oh my gun jade, everybody smoking scept give me my blood, clap.
Speaker 1: Giant. That's the first time we got to drink chance.
Speaker 2: As many of y'all know, drink Chaps wants to give flowers that people are here to receive them, giving flowers and celebrating our legends while they can still smell us. We have partnered with what the flowers to create this movement where everyone can give flowers to the legends in their lives. You can now order a custom flower box for to someone you want to show appreciation to you by visiting www dot wt flower dot com.
Speaker 1: Your orders artist. What were we talking about? Let's yes, yes, So you about pans?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: So in nineteen eighty six August is seventeenth, I went to Blue Mounting Records. Right, I was in a car, a taxi with Henry and it's a taxi driver. We claim I claiment. I was my protege. It's like it was in those days. I used to DJ and sound systems and I used to jump on the sound system truck like Friday and I wouldn't come back home until Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would DJ Friday night, Saturday night, and I come back home Sunday and Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to work on a sound system called Rambo International, and then I started working on Sweet Love.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Sweet Love song system was owned by Flowa Gun, a very popular DJ. We run things, things, don't runway anything we do Red Dragon, Flowa Gun's brother was Red Dragon. So Red Dragon saying, look, every person your feel why now come home? Look every person you ever. So Red Dragon to me was the beddest motherfuckers at DJ.
Speaker 1: So what my role was to warm the dance up? He man?
Speaker 3: So, by the way, the whole time, I was like, I gotta watch how.
Speaker 7: He wrote a Smith today. So I've been waiting for this this whole moment, I was like, what's the warm the dance? I used to as a young entertainer.
Speaker 4: I used to be entertainer called Terry Ganzy, so it just be Butcher Mount and Terry Ganzy, Daddy Lizad Clement I flower Gun, a red Dragon, Sanchez, red Rose, you know, and you know. So one day the rain was falling and Clement said, no problem, he's going to Blue Mountain Records and he wants me to come now. The guy at Blue Mountain Record was a true revolutionary.
Speaker 5: His name is Omar Harris.
Speaker 1: He was very.
Speaker 4: Instrumental in the Brickistan Riots revolutionary and I loved him.
Speaker 1: So brisit in London.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I used to go to school, right, So every time I leave school or before I go to school, I go by the studio I seen in my car key and my bag used to be in front of me. But this guy will call me come here, let me see a book and take my book back and go to my book back, and.
Speaker 5: Shit, I'm like, fuck this guy up.
Speaker 1: He was shaking you down.
Speaker 5: But he liked my he liked my style. I didn't know that anyway.
Speaker 4: When there, I went there and the rain was falling, and Clementine was in the studio and he was saying he was going to paint Hors records, and Omaharris looked at Clementary and said, take Bojo with you so we can have an experience of what a studio looked like. I was sixteen years old. I didn't see what I didn't see what a studio looked like yet. But I was DJing in the dancer and the microphone, and you would never tell. So they took me to the studio. When they went to the studio, you know, I saw all these guys inside was big fucking chains and ship. I became nervous, you know, and I said, hey, who's that? That's Little Lenny. Then those days, Little Lennie had the biggest song in Jamaica. Gone in a buggy.
Speaker 1: She she she has the gun in a giggy.
Speaker 5: I said, fuck Lenny right there, and who's that?
Speaker 1: That's little curve before a little way. You had little Lennie and little Kirk. Okay, he wasn't born anyway. Clementary set of Robert French.
Speaker 4: Robert French was a big singer in Jamaica, and he invited Clementine to this Clementary set to Robert Frendship, this is a DJENR bojo.
Speaker 5: I want you to hear him, and they laughed.
Speaker 1: At my name.
Speaker 5: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Tony Keyler was the engineer and they said to me, oh, this guy finished recording and they said, clement said, you want to hear what the sounds like? And Robert Friend said yes. So Tony Kelly said to me, go around there. You put the headphones on, and when you see that red light come on, that's your cue. And I went around there and put the headphones on and they turned on this red light and that was my cue. And I closed my eyes, immerse myself deliver one of the best lyrics I know. I had Steward in my cranium. When I opened my eyes, the old studio was in fucking it was like I'm like they.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 4: Was it over beat, over a fucking beat. It was my first time I ever did one take. I sung for three four minutes forty five seconds straight, no stop. But in those days, also we are doub plates and them plates were live, so you go to the studio and the record will be cutting right while you're singing it, so you came in no mistake. Is the dop plate is three minutes, you got to be singing for three minutes with no mistake as you don't get paid. So with that mindset, I was able to go inside the studio and do the song. It's called Rouleaut for my very first song. It was released in Toronto on All Stars. Yeah, so that was my first exposure to Pentos. Now, trying trying to get back to pentals was difficult. So I would leave school every day and I would go by sty six slipe en road. No, I would go by Technique Record downtown Kingston because my school was downtown and were spangled.
Speaker 5: So we'll go up on the Avenue a.
Speaker 4: Week, you know, our year at that and I would go to Techniques and mister Winston Riley had two sons, Kurt Riley Dana U and a couple of friends like Mitch Aansworth.
Speaker 5: We came we're young men.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And one day I was there and I met this guy called Cabletan Wow.
Speaker 4: I was leaning up on the Salvation Army wall and I said, this guy coming and went into the record shop and he came over and stand up beside me.
Speaker 1: Look cream up and where you come from?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? Tell where I'm coming from. I was a start rollanti anyway, I saw himself. Yes barshat check it out in those they don't pay a boss fear and I was jump on the boss and beat the boss up. Yeah, you can't charge me at work. So I went to Penthos and this guy would not let us in, this guy the gate man anyway, you know, we keep going back and keep going back, and it was a tassel. But then I record a song on by by from mister Winston Rally who technique records through the downtown car stamming a Daddy, and this song take off. Import More was a different province, and there was this engineer who worked at Pentos by the name of Stumpy who knew about this song and what he was.
Speaker 5: Doing in that part of the island. And he heard the house at the gate and he told him to let me in.
Speaker 4: But Donovan Dreman wasn't there, and they weren't really having it because the gate Man was there. I used to spa with some John Glass and one named Jo and the Vibe and looked down the gate Man cars, it would letter. So I'm looking down with a big stone.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I wasn't very.
Speaker 5: So when the boss, he said, I looked on him gate Man.
Speaker 1: They go on to do that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, stompy plee my cars and I go inside there and I sing a song for them, man for Dead. Met them knowing now seeing the let gun shaft bo's up in the infirm my head, and I seen an excellent for them named Jackie and Jackson the gun from Price big up on the self.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they gave a year and then they killed like my writing style, and.
Speaker 4: I started picking up in the ghetto, coming the ghetto, Come pick I up, bring you to the studio. Yeah, we're the when I started coming to getto come pick I up and take a the various dances and various barbecues and various concerts at the MATTERFA, so I could warn my skills, you know.
Speaker 5: So that was my first introduction on the printers.
Speaker 4: I still never meet done a Van Germany until about six eight months later when you come and near my music and the first thing he said was this can they put out on his label?
Speaker 1: Look? It was too rough, So we asked him for a lable and he gave us a labled boy Kelly.
Speaker 3: And that was it and I was underd Wow, Yeah, you have a business with what is it?
Speaker 1: VP? No.
Speaker 5: VP Records is a star.
Speaker 4: Wart in the Germanican community because they're able not only to understand the music, but to market it to a demographics that.
Speaker 5: Need it and make it reach the masses.
Speaker 4: Now, they've been here for quiet some time and they've been doing tremendous work. We had VP, we had super power, we have Shelley.
Speaker 1: VP was Chinese people already we VP.
Speaker 5: We had super power, we had Shelley.
Speaker 4: Those are style war distribute as from the you know, the music prominent steeple in the United State of America with Clinton Lindsey and various Arab David Levy's and various other individuals who were able to use their platform to move this marginalized music forward.
Speaker 3: Yes, Is that the ultimate goal when you are a reggae artist coming from Jamaica? Is Is it not only have it a hit record in Jamaica. But what is the ultimate goal is get the ultimate market?
Speaker 4: Ultimate goals different, Okay, everyone ultimate goal different.
Speaker 5: If you want to know what is my ultimate I can't tell her. What's the next guy? Ultimately, you know I can't tell us said my ultimate goal is this music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love even by my ancestors who are fast and gone to be in the grave and turn and smile and said, yes, there's someone out there carrying on the message.
Speaker 1: No matter.
Speaker 4: You can't sing a bunch of create, but to sing something positive for the people at least once Manie Angels smile. Look, this is godly music, you know. You know I go through some tribulation and it's reggae music. Could identify with it. I have played some artword music will have got related to my situation at the present moment, and oblifty and give me clarity something that speaks to my soul. Now everyone different. Someone will find it in soundscape, but no vice. But does music and orange drops?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: But I take sally and reggae a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Do you know it has not been not the same for from because you must admit the fact that we are trying to you know what I mean, not similar to what is hip hop? And the new generation is someone aching leaning to us that you know what I mean, We can't we can't knock them because it's what they're exposed to. The current generation, Yeah, it's what they're exposed to. And if you understand, each generation see things different. We have those that in time at least one or two of them will come around to the reality that you are similating and not originated and created and keeping your your original consistency abundant. Because if someone wants to invest in our culture and you're going to spend your money with a wrap artist and say you want something different, why would I send to Jamaica to get someone to wrap on my truck. I want someone to speak on my truck from Jamaica, or not wrap on my ship. I cancerer the Memphish anywhere Los Angeles have someone.
Speaker 1: To wrap on my ship.
Speaker 4: But I said my ship to Dreamanic or someone for a difference, because I want an ardcore.
Speaker 5: Feeling, know what I mean?
Speaker 1: This guy in those so I don't know if you remember doing being a part of this compilation. I lie about that. So you're on this complete. I got this when I was in high school. Let me see it how it is? And it was introducing dance artists over hip hop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why everything? I get the DM So that's the only I have one Nam Boom mod Is and that they're my fight. Remember I under my Red Fox, not the Runks, Crazy Captain Remo, Remo, I was on Scurve remod.
Speaker 1: This is, this is what it is.
Speaker 4: When you know, I used to perform and build more bar room program I used to come to America when I have a concert like two, three, four weeks before I'm performed with a band called eighteen with Nasty, the greatest.
Speaker 1: Drummer from New York City.
Speaker 2: And you were hearing you were obviously hearing early hip hop at that time. Yeah, what was your first impression of hip hop and what you thought how you would collaborate with it? Now?
Speaker 4: It was fourteen years old. I get my friend upstairs, but his mom bought him a boombox.
Speaker 5: And we got exposed to hip hop.
Speaker 4: We're listening to Slick Creck Dogget Fresh the show six minutes, six minutes.
Speaker 1: Douget Fresh show on mell My.
Speaker 4: So we grew up on slick. We grew up on Doggy Run DMC, you know what I mean, So hip always been influential. But then when I start dilving to the history of hippa and realized that cool work was as a drumming used to make the fusion more palatable, that said, Okay, the dynamics makes sense, understand, so we embraced it and focus too much rapper.
Speaker 5: I have a couple of rapper friends, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, like Fat Jewel, yes, my brother, yeah, but no more. I tell you this. I'll tell you this on your release.
Speaker 3: Now, remember looking at social media and everyone being so happy that you that that you came home like like it was a universal love.
Speaker 4: Was paying full moment not only for me, but for the entire music fraternity and to all my fans for the paying want to apologize to them because I never want to see.
Speaker 5: Their cry over me.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing footage of that carcert and I remember seeing ladies just saying, man, I just love Boojoo like like and I'm just seeing it and then you know, you know, how did they do behind the scenes thing of you, like the concerts something like that, And I just remember the camera's going and people just just expressing their love for you. This is the first concert I'm talking about. When you came home and I was just like, damn, I wondered, did you see that?
Speaker 4: I do chance to see a lot of things, but love is just separated, and it's just seprecated because I love my people. I love how people, black, white, no matter, just as long as you understand the love is love, love the color. You know, we've been separated along so many lines racial, political right. We've been separated along so many lines.
Speaker 5: Everyone knows.
Speaker 4: Don't focused from where them, don't fuck with you know what I mean? So I just want the people who understand said when I'm on coming found when I don't come for Georgia, I come for love your eye. I'm gonna come to love your dreadlock with this music. Yeah you know I won't say yeah sunk up. Oh they stop the fuck and get it right.
Speaker 1: We want you to know.
Speaker 3: Our show is about giving people they flowers while they're around. We want to tell you how dope you are. I want to tell you how iconic you are. We want to give you your flowers face to face.
Speaker 4: Real Listen on next thing, I get some flowers and I'm planning so you know, flow flourish them off the growing. Yes, but I thank you guys very much.
Speaker 1: Love that's great. So yes, we're gonna play a game real quick. Let's Chris tim slam now. If you want anybody or any of your friends the standing in as a drink drinking game. It's a drinking game.
Speaker 5: I'm on give me, but I'll know you with the water.
Speaker 1: I'll take wan. So he's hold up, we're going to look got Yeah, that's from the car for the next twenty four hours on Roster. You pull over, so let me ask you. Let me ask you. Are you vegan or you eat fish and money?
Speaker 5: I'm a fish.
Speaker 1: I kill a fish. Okay, you kill fish?
Speaker 4: I mean likely by fish in our career, Sean. Right now, I say ease food fish.
Speaker 3: Because I want to ask you a question. It's my friend Roster. He's vegan.
Speaker 5: He's vegan about work for you're still fun?
Speaker 1: Instide I went and kill the fish. Then no, we can't.
Speaker 8: We can't teary trip every now and then. Yeah, okay, don't give very much. It is wide all right.
Speaker 1: I don't got don't get no, no, no, you you're drinking for all of us. I'm drinking with him, he's drinking from me. So did you explain him the rules deigned to drive off? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you explained to him the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna two choices. You pick one, we don't drink. If you say both are neither of the two, you drink, we drink. We all come on, let's go and any stories anything we mentioned it's about just anything, Jay.
Speaker 1: Z or nas that's our bad mind.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's okay, that's fire Tupac, Bob Marley, Bob times.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't asked that. Questions on our list.
Speaker 3: Yellow Man or Ninja Man, Yeah, love the King okay, Biggie or d m X bote Jesus okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Spot right there.
Speaker 5: Peace to both, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Shop Ranks or cudding rsh Caros want to rock him?
Speaker 4: Carris Wine can Okay, I'm going Carross Wine and put some powerful world Callde his work speak for himself being a man or bounty killer, No, no, mercy, no, no, get me going thirsty on a medium Percy.
Speaker 1: You know I just answered, what did I say? Bounty killer? It's the voice. Any stories though, you got, you got bounty stories for.
Speaker 4: Then no, Radley, Priceless is the best, you know real. I call him priceless because he's riding the rice. But there's no price on such an individual. He's priceless, you know what I mean. That's my story, and it's the best. Red Dragon or Sanchez, No Sanchez and Red Dragon is two different personalities.
Speaker 5: One is a single, one is a DJ.
Speaker 4: So the dichotomy, you have to choose Sanchez in a singer category and Red Dragon a DJ category.
Speaker 5: So in this particular stage, I choose both.
Speaker 2: Take it, take a drink that made it up, Burning spears of the techniques, Burning.
Speaker 4: Spear, he's still active. Techniques have retired. M hmm, you're still doing the work a labor of love.
Speaker 1: Public Enemy or dead press both Public enemy Malcolm X or Marcus Goffy, Marcus.
Speaker 5: Giavi Marcaus Govey, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: The refuse to come to get a with Malcolm with Marcus ga sharing the same idea that gender.
Speaker 1: I tried to reilroad him in this Blood Marks Jamaican. Correct, Yeah, that's the last railroad him.
Speaker 5: One of them tried from the na A CP.
Speaker 4: Come right, we know what it is street and I can't fool I don't know what about black people? They all what about black people in America? The other one of the main reason why we did not come together to be bigger than me, It was because they were parties and and infiltrated by old side forces with outside agenda to fight against the swap back doctrine as they call the Marcus swap back doctor. Yeah, but this philosophy and opinion shines true even to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah theirs, Yes, Wow, what is that? It's secret message?
Speaker 2: Gregory Isaac or Peter Tosh both, Oh my god, brothers. You know Greg, we share the same birthday, right, same birthday. Super Cat or shine Head, super card.
Speaker 1: Man. Shoutout super cat Man, regg or Dance both a fan.
Speaker 5: You know it's too great. It's too great. Medium of expression.
Speaker 3: Lady Saw or Patra both okay because they both represent two different era and the both different nomenal stuff for their generations.
Speaker 4: Patra was the breaking point to show the world our female ars were capable, and Ladies Saw is a persion the representation of what they can represent themselves.
Speaker 1: As both dope too and both spectaculating their own way. Yea or Lauren Hill, both drink. He's making this drink. I think you're drinking bitters though you're tricking the crowd. Welcome to wait. But by the way, bitteress is very strong. You get drink, drink Champion and water. That's fact. Okay. Shutters or Third World Cup. Two different dynamics.
Speaker 4: One depict an era which I don't to forget, and the other depicer.
Speaker 5: Era, which I embrace.
Speaker 4: Okay, So turn a cop I mean, dance all queen, right, dance all queen picks an era where it's just fun show you and Shutters right, dance a queen the quicker era when the music is growing, budding and it shows you what any results of what it comes out to be. In Shutters, we see a culture, a Breman gun culture which is on the horizon and we all know where that end up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I am on.
Speaker 5: When it come to Jamican movie, I like moving Mecca. Laugh.
Speaker 4: Come my people, funny and dramatic, you know what I mean. If I get them serious, they will be. But if I asked something on the big screen, I want to stare a blood laugh where I know this is Johnny.
Speaker 5: I can't I can do that. I cannot say that you know, so we would do something I want.
Speaker 4: I don't want brutalities everywhere and people have been fed too much trauma.
Speaker 5: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: And you don't like those phones neither. You said you don't trust.
Speaker 4: No, I'm un used it in our room and because we're not come to the room. If you don't have a phone, it's I guess and alone.
Speaker 1: I thought that was crazy. Trust trust.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll come back to that, okay. Sean Paul or Shaggy both to different even to different representations. I'm Shaggy. This is something that we are paying homage because it broke, Yes, and it wasn't whole, and it wasn't him.
Speaker 5: It wasn't And Sean, you know, he's still continued doing stuff.
Speaker 4: And I mean Sean has people, and they're both great and both talented, and that would means for its.
Speaker 1: No cap Yes, yes, they both go to the like you're making karate class. Give it up, Shaggy the drink champces at.
Speaker 5: I do not disrespect my lass. No do I speak.
Speaker 4: Don't speakable anyone back behind back, you know, as a principle, man, guy, I tried that they will get funk up. No, no, no, so I tried that I want know, I want him that I'm on You know I speak truth. Whatever I say is I'm an opinion. You are a stand It's not a general consensus. You know it's not the agent opinion. And choose who to buy.
Speaker 2: So leave me with mine, Chris, Okay, you in the next one, sister Nancy or Papa Son?
Speaker 5: Oh, two different presentation, two different era.
Speaker 1: Tchoose both? Okay, he wants to dream. No, Rod, you're going too fast.
Speaker 4: My Steve Maley know you're talking about run doesn't sing as opposed to Stephen will sing.
Speaker 1: So please, I can't compare the father with the son. Okay.
Speaker 4: And Stephen is like Damian's daddy, his brother musically speaking, you know what I mean. We watch him grow, we help him grow and help him mooning skill. So I would choose both because you know one is it?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: Is it? One is the process? After there that I got one that's not on, Go ahead, go for it. Bro. Would you then mention either one of these guys? I just want to know Garnet Silk or Tennis saw Well now to.
Speaker 4: The French genres of music, because ghan is Silk is more spiritually aligned and spiritually you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Santa and Tennis sing songs that we can relate to.
Speaker 4: However, we didn't get enough of Tennasa to make a fear comparison, so I choose both.
Speaker 1: Of course, he's about he answered everything genius. It's like a genius.
Speaker 4: You think he's gonna say one of them, Well, you know our fearness and honesty if we've gotten more of Tennis.
Speaker 5: His life was cut short in Texas.
Speaker 4: Yes, but what we saw we love and in stated just like nitty Gritty, Nitty Gritty gave us somewhere. You guys know, if a guy called nitty gritty right, let.
Speaker 1: Them come corby the she boomed.
Speaker 4: So those guys they sung some songs that we wanted more, but we just didn't get enough. So it's unfear for me to make a correlation between him and dry an inference with Ghan and Silk, who has done so much records, and it's present even this to this moment in a psychic weigh in Wonder or Garnet Silk. No, I have a choose boat because we want to No, No, we know we know that different kind of single. We know you just said that, but we want we can still address it. We want that is a girls I'm singer. Singer ye Ghana says battle line really just girls, and so it's to different singer rasta reality and reality of them.
Speaker 3: I choose I got a song away in one of the and lexus and we shouted in Tavoy gardens, are you serious?
Speaker 1: One of the most scariust days about life. But you know it was crazy. You know, my island is so nice. We name me twice Jamaica, Jamaica. That's just okay, bears hermon or Junior read.
Speaker 4: No comparison to the French genre of music, and I chose both because both I've done exemplary, will work, Junior reed. We grew up on from the Black You Black You huru Hera after Michael Rose Docky Simpson and uh what's the name? You know, so we remember that and they remember the impact of the One Blood to unify us all black people all across America, Jamaica and the diaspora. And you know it's two different comparisons. Also, remember mister mister b samon Od the Boss as you call him and refer to him as someone who has not only been a mentor to me, but a mentor to anyone who desired to enter the field of music. And it's still consistent, still making music and still able to be a guide rail to us because he's still alive. Is respect to me. I can't put me in no category. So this is one of the categories. We are going to just say that Juniery is a great artist, tremendous, super whatever, but please put mister Almond in a different category.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you who do you like more, performing the record or making the making the record?
Speaker 1: Make I would have you perform.
Speaker 5: Making record is where I enjoy it before you do.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I'm trying to take okay.
Speaker 4: So that's where I really have my phone, so then I can have an idea of what you're going to enjoy, you know what I mean. So like before I really record a song and someone said, what's your favorite song, I can't tell you because I have recorded it yet, So until the is gone, it's no longer my favorite. But I have to live with my music for a little bit, and I love my music. So when you get it, you I mean, sometimes I watch to see the lines that people react to because those are the lines that really get me cracking up. So really and truly recording to me, and then recording is also where I spend a lot of time because I believe in perfection and I like to make my mistakes there because I can fix it right there.
Speaker 1: That's the next one. Nicodemus or Tennis saw a boat.
Speaker 4: Two different But Tennis is a singer and Nicode must It's like the Godfather. He was the first one to tell us or to settle in the middle after reading I mean not peop don't understand that, but those.
Speaker 1: Who do do right.
Speaker 3: It's the last one of great time of slam Nuga. Get back to the interview. Loyalty or respect?
Speaker 4: Hmm, loyalty you know, respect wings and people. People drift in terms of food, their respect. Respect sometimes come because of what your own, where you live, what you value. But if someone is a lawyer, their lawyer forever. And if you should take up your phone and you can't call none of those numbers after three a m. And the answer you have a problem.
Speaker 1: I have a serious problem. Both big ship never stops saying put my bottom away.
Speaker 4: Big ship never stops saying two differential to ask for two influential individuals who met tremendous music. You know what I mean in the world love and review of their work. You know, I hope this questionnaire is not aimed to pit.
Speaker 5: Us at each other.
Speaker 4: No, it will never work in that sense, because you're asking me about people of metrementdous contributions. I mean, we are created equal equally, but we're not equally appointed, thank you.
Speaker 2: No, we bring up these names out of respect for everybody involved, just to bring equally.
Speaker 4: But an equally appointed and for each one's appointment that you respect.
Speaker 1: That's hard, that's hard. I brought I have. I have a bunch of records.
Speaker 2: Today I can only find one out of my steps the place untold Stories.
Speaker 1: Operational Willy no operational? Will now tell me I got the boot leg man, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: So if you look at this label, you will see like this is like someone we're in a condom, right, you look at it properly?
Speaker 1: Oh ship? Yeah? For all these years, so operational WILLI.
Speaker 4: I was sitting on a plane going to trainer and I was inspired to write a song called Ragamuffin. Don't be silly put a robot anial?
Speaker 1: WILLI?
Speaker 4: In those days was on the horizon in Jamaica, but there was a stigma attached to it, and there were kids bound with a's and they will be abandoned, and there was this aspect that was taking care of them. And we became instrumental in making sure these kids got everything. Their live span is very short and we make it sure that they have everything that they needed in that time.
Speaker 5: And this was the Operation Willi Foundation.
Speaker 1: Wow, So the record's raising money for that, Yes, the label.
Speaker 4: I created the label and Operation will was on this label and also place other songs on this label and the process go directly. I had to put money from my pocket into it because you know records, you know what I mean. So seeing that you just brought me back to some of the works that we have done in the past.
Speaker 9: So Operation really put a condom on you. Willly operation with Roga Mophy. Don't be silly, mayby Roe Pan Willi. He is on go Ron and we don't want to catch it. Rude boy, don't be silly. Roll by Pania Willi. He is on Goran and we're.
Speaker 1: Doing what you got seventeen kids.
Speaker 5: Of course, of course I.
Speaker 1: Listen. I've got sixteen sisters. I was listening them no Operation will Friend.
Speaker 5: Mission.
Speaker 1: So you got one of the.
Speaker 3: Most interesting nicknames besides Bouje. Well yeah, now that's from the Smurfs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was given to me by weighing one down. Frank is like, because growing up I was I was a trouble maker. I was a rude boy and I take talk from me and and I just do it.
Speaker 1: And Doc was a the foul dude in the smirk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they said they have to eat the Smurs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'm cocar spurs look blue people and so so when they named you that, did you like it?
Speaker 5: You know, Jamaica, if you don't want a name to be stick on you in Jamaica, like it.
Speaker 4: You gotta like it because if they resented it's yours.
Speaker 1: That's a mistake. I mean.
Speaker 5: But over time, over time they keep.
Speaker 3: Calling me, it doesn't and especially for people who didn't see the Spurs, who.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know that that's an evil character. That just sounds like a very unique name, like you ain't gonna hear nobody else say that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well listen smith Brook Okay, sorry, no, no, it's all good, so good.
Speaker 1: It's a revolution different.
Speaker 3: And I come from but in one year, you broke Bob Marley's record for the most number one.
Speaker 4: Don't hear them say all the time, but act like and I supposed to be prod that's something.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Listen, let's be realistic. I am coming from an era. We're a record. What's that record?
Speaker 5: M hm?
Speaker 1: And this said record?
Speaker 5: What's so my record?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 4: I'm in the mile a seven dollars six dollars, five dollars, four dollar, three dollars.
Speaker 1: Two that's all it grows and come fum.
Speaker 4: Then I mana come to a time where I have no more bumba cloud record. I can find myself for a city. I'manna accept it. I'm still hear my music.
Speaker 5: And I'm self all sting to represent my ownership after music. When I listen to.
Speaker 1: Then, I man go sleep and wake up yourselmon.
Speaker 4: Now, no record, no CD, but music not a blood cloud cloud.
Speaker 1: This is a cloud.
Speaker 4: I got from stage of owning my music. I can play every time I blood cloud want. If I have my full non blood cloud subscribe.
Speaker 1: Yeah my music when it is something to me and we all sit and laugh, and I think it's a blood cloud. Go back with musical and I take my music.
Speaker 4: I'm putting out a cloud and I can't get my music physical player of my music. When I want your my music, get your pay and nothing pay music please, right, and then a class pennies to make this blood clot right your trick, Quill, and the major players who supposed to speak of about this trick with and marry your blood cloud robbery and still intellectual property are silent.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I want to carry a box some blood cloud record of the stairs when don't carry a phone full of blood if I don't pay my formula the music enough.
Speaker 1: This bout it. Don't pay a four but don't get no music. But I do want to preserve this record. One person, one person who stepped up, and I love what you just said.
Speaker 3: One person stepped up and started talking about the robbery of the streaming. Was a person you got a record with Snoop Dogg. Snoop Dogg stepped up and said, this is highway robbery. How the hell can you download you know, a billion streams and then give me ten thousand dollars meanwhile the record label.
Speaker 1: So you think more people should step up like that? Absolutely something that's happened to us. We'll moved from in Parao.
Speaker 4: Okay, our distribution where we got a physical product. You know, I understand you think it's too bulky in the world is moving, and but there are people like us. I want my music, I want my record, I want to put my record. I want to hear the nigga go s. It means something to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other day I was in my recording studio and this young lady was doing a final papers at the Universe of the West Indies and she wanted to do something on me, and I said, okay, I welcome, welcomed her and she came in the studio and was talking along the line of music and she has never seen a phone before, crazy and I had to take up a phono that I'm sure. So you realize that there's a generation that doesn't know what a.
Speaker 1: Vinyl looks like?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Are some aspects of that generation and doesn't know what I'm vinyl and how it is played and how or you received sown to a piece of plastic. So are we moving so far ahead that we're taking the things that make us real humans away from us?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And what DJ Quick said that that the analog recording, which I think transfers onto vinyl and tape. There's an energy transfer there that's there. You can't get that from the digital world, right Never.
Speaker 3: No, I like what you said earlier. It is like people wanted that physical, the physical thing. They wanted to look at the producers, they wanted to be proud of them product.
Speaker 4: Remember those days when you hit a record in your robit on your pants, did the plastic You rub the front and the plastics open like this, and you go to your record.
Speaker 1: You want to put your ship back in the sleeve so good and put them out down the jackets so good, and you read the credits.
Speaker 4: Oh and when the music is plaining, can take all your sleeve and read around.
Speaker 1: Those days. Then you know who the an R was. You know who the label was given from from.
Speaker 4: From from From a financial standpoint, I don't think the young cats today will be able to get their life in order based on what they're being paid from the current mode of income.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna happen. It's not gonna happen. So we're being robbed.
Speaker 4: And when industry is being raped, somebody's getting that cash. But nobody don't want to have about it. You come from the island. You see the industry go mature, yet the artists who made the industries are sideline.
Speaker 1: You can't be like that. We need to see her play, right, let me change the subject for a second. M hm.
Speaker 3: Back in the days, it was a group called Born Jamerican, right, yeah, and it was it set off this whole thing Jamaicans. That's Jamaican, but they're from America, and like like for us, I'm half Puerto Rican and Puerto Ricans from the island don't really fuck with Puerto Ricans from New York, Is it is?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Is it like that with Jamaicans and and boring Americans? I'm asking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, you know, we Jamiaicans, we're port of our heritage and we're proud of all over black bearers. You know, once you have a Jamaican blood, no matter what, you're a jamia Gan.
Speaker 1: But no matter where in the world, the gold Jamakan and you know you're born in Japan and you Jamaica.
Speaker 4: Jamaican father, Japanese money Jamaican of course. But you find that we're very protective for our culture. You can't blame us. So when people or burst, you know, you must realize that this is one of the most abuse cultures Jamaican artists, and you know this story the powers that we don't respect us many underpay us.
Speaker 5: She's just like, you know what I mean, you know this.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that till you said it.
Speaker 4: Though, when we step out, if you don't step out and search yourself so this motherfuckers can know who you're dealing with, you're going to subject yourself to that. So we have to always know what we're dealing with and let them know what they are dealing with. Yeah, and it's just that I'm sure my rapper brothers face the same thing. They have to step up and they even know that they know what they work and know their value. So you don't respect It's up to you. But if you want to do business with us, you've got to respect it.
Speaker 3: You know something That's that's was interesting when I heard you. He was doing another interview, and you was like, I believe you called reggaeto culture votes.
Speaker 1: I believe you said that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to misquoat you. I don't want to miss calling right, But then you said you said, I believe it's what you said. You can correct me, and you said, it's like they only work with each other, like they don't work with outside in the team.
Speaker 4: When I was nineteen years old, right, no matter sixteen years old, I remember I remember a son called Boom Boom Boom Ele from Panamanian. This show us love because I went there and I met Kafu Bantan who was the next four runner who you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But then the music went to Puerto Rico.
Speaker 4: Then the music went in all boat and all of a sudden, it's like you created this ship, then you want to take the white. I think there's so many last suits currently from Jamaican producers with reggaeton. There's a major lawsuits right now Stelli and Clevie Stelli and Cleviey's one of our biggest producers, you understand.
Speaker 5: And these guys have been because.
Speaker 1: It's the same taken. They're taken right the same.
Speaker 4: Ship because they think we're from the Caribbean and there's no intellectual property controler.
Speaker 1: We have no idea what we're doing.
Speaker 5: But it's a new Dane gotam the Batman's st alive.
Speaker 3: And then Afrobs does doesn't raise no laws, touit like that. But you're saying that they just it wasn't the love is not there, like.
Speaker 5: We should have a more tighter relationship with even Listen.
Speaker 1: I agree with everything.
Speaker 4: When Nelson Mandela was locked up in South Africa, it was a vice Africaco free. In terms of the music, it was weii weii Mandyla free soon Africa. Jamia cansin consistently making the world a weird about African flight.
Speaker 5: Ethiopia, you name it Angola. We name our readying the mp l A.
Speaker 4: The MPLA movement was from Angola, the liberation struggle in Angola. Okay, we named Riadim Shankai shek based upon Shanki Sheeck fleeing from mainland China to what is now called Taiwan, which is family farm Mosta.
Speaker 5: We understand. So we are integral and world affairs and our music speak to the demographics of the globe.
Speaker 4: Well, so when we you know African brothers and sisters doing music that they can identify with, but do not hear nothing to free Africa, the free the minds of African we are concerned, all right, because if we're in Jamaica and we are singing about sexuality, and violence, and they can say to us, my brothers in Jamaica, we remember when you use to speak to us.
Speaker 5: From your heart.
Speaker 4: No, you're speaking to us on your lips, and we have to pull ourselves up by the bootstop. Then we must be able to speak to our brothers across the pond and say, my brothers, if we're lacking, pull us up.
Speaker 1: You know that's blood club. That's deep because you know.
Speaker 3: Says like you said, handles boom boom boom, mommy, mommy, mommy, And then I've seen this.
Speaker 1: It's the same rhythm.
Speaker 3: I always heard this is me, this is this is me, me being a little bit in that section. Always heard them show love to shop. I heard them show show love to you and show love to other people's soul. But when you said I think you said this, it's like, but it didn't work with us, and I was just like, damn, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that didn't. So did you have some heeral no? No, you heeral no, and you go along the list.
Speaker 5: The answer is no, No. I take the equation.
Speaker 1: What about.
Speaker 5: Name somebody else?
Speaker 4: Well, you know they went into the same charate school, right, But so but the reality exists, that's not present. There's nothing archives and I'm talking something frivolous. I'm not capping your research.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 5: So I mean if if someone come from Africa and they said Bojo.
Speaker 1: Like I don't.
Speaker 4: I've done some with Sally Kit, I've done some with uh, several African collaborations.
Speaker 5: It's good because I want to speak to my people. I want to faster that bridge.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We want to create this simple at the relationship where we both understand each other and can relate to each other. And the music is the common language of people. It's a universal language of all nations.
Speaker 1: Absolutely is That's real, man, that's real. I'm glad, I mean, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to hear you say that because I want it's gonna be a lot of people that's gonna watch this, and I feel like the situation will be fixed from from from your powerful voice, from the voice to Jamaica, you know, because because you're the only one I ever heard step up and say something. I mean maybe others has, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: But that's why I mean it did it mm hmm. And I'm not I appreciated in many aspects. But that doesn't matter because, like I said, I'm a serve ONTI that Ye're not here to serve me.
Speaker 5: I am here to serve you.
Speaker 4: You are the people who make a sacrifice and make a decision between buying our bread, buying our shoes, paying your rent. I'm coming to see me, and the end you put all those things aside and you come to see me. I'm here to serve you. I'm here to serve your truth. I'm here to serve your music. I'm here to serve you in my life. I'm just serving hopefulness. Am I perfect? No? Because if your fuck I'll take your head off. Okay, but I'm here for you. I'm here as your servant. Good I'm not how good servant must be serious.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to serve you. What's your favorite place to perform besides your makeup? I say Africa. No part of Africa. Every part of Africa is a trill.
Speaker 4: Do I bear my soul to the continent from the north to the The Nazis on the west, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Because they don't see a a lot.
Speaker 4: It's far all right. So when I go there after traw and give them a good show and sing out for them, you know.
Speaker 1: And stay awhile because if you're going to do the whole continent. Yeah, well in time.
Speaker 4: But the last time I was there was in Stansted Stadium with my good friend mister Lucky Dubaby God bless his spirit down. We had a beautiful time. It was an amazing moment. I want to see enough love to South African and all South Africans.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have been there.
Speaker 4: Great people, man, beautiful place, beautiful people, our people.
Speaker 3: Right now, you just sold out two shows thirty six thousand in New York City.
Speaker 1: Got that? I mean? I know you don't call yourself king, but there's a lot of people who do call you king.
Speaker 5: That I am a servant of the people and a servanti the music.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: You see, let't me break it down to you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know where in the United States of America a lot of people get it twisted. You know, who is a not to get caught up in all of that. We're just to continue being humble, being touchable, accessible, reachable, communicate to the people. And you know, because my people are used to people they can identify with and resonate with, not people who are alienated from them and people who are you know what I mean, there's a buffer between them and twenty people pushing them, boxing them, shoving them.
Speaker 5: I don't de do that kind of fuckreak, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Because the same people at my security and push away with the same people that make sure I can't pay right. So you know, the moment you realize that, humble yourself that I told you our profession was directed directly Carlo by the Fiums as singers and players of instruments, and then it's a bartender and then it's a bar tough.
Speaker 5: And didn't see all the part of these things. So you know that you're doing something.
Speaker 4: It's easy to have people listening to you know, like I said earlier, what it's important to figure out what.
Speaker 5: You have to say to them.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you a question. Bob Marley movie, I love it right.
Speaker 3: There was one part of the movie where he uh, he sent to his manager and he was like, yo, whenever there's an Africa play, it's not a money play, like meaning like he just wants to go to Africa whenever they ask for him.
Speaker 1: Is that how you feel about Africa as well?
Speaker 4: Africa is a beautiful place where I have made many sacrifices over the years, many many many soccer. The first time I go to Africa, I come up to Jamaica and have to pay my entire band out of my personal pocket. You know, several times it happens to us because you know, you give people the benefit of the door that they're going to do business, but it never materialized that way. But it can't be a money tinkerse want someone to go on, the show must go on. But nevertheless, we pride ourselves in doing good business, and as black people have a bad stigma attached to us that we don't do good businesiness. So it's important for us to have good agreements and stick to our agreements and execute the agreements accordingly. You know, you need good for the next brother who comes into the territory to do business, who calls me on the phone and say, how was your experience? All right, very good, So all things are relative.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about bona fide love.
Speaker 4: Bonafi Bonafi Love was originally done by Erald Dunkley and then it was done by den Right. It was remade Byway No Wonder for the Pintos label. I think it's one of the most pivotal recordings memos Away Wonder has ever done. But it's a remake from the original.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Now when we may highlighte for Snoop Dogg, who smoked more weed? I don't know. Actually, it seems like it was a fun ritter. I was.
Speaker 4: I was in I was in my student Carla Avenue and we were speaking on the phone. So I said, we were He said, this is in the spaceship you call his recording students spaceship. I said, I'm sitting there under the tree. So he said, is that a mango tree? I said yeah, And we were both smoking. So I was on the tree smoking in the spaceship smoking. I started So I started singing.
Speaker 1: Highlight and I said, good weed all day and night. I said, hey.
Speaker 4: So I went into notes and I started writing it, and I said, hey, I'm going to write your partners, well, I'm going to write in part to us.
Speaker 5: I wrote, and I sent it to you.
Speaker 1: That's why he did it so much in patful. We stayed on the phone and suck it right up. It was good man. It was a good day, good vibe.
Speaker 4: And it shows me that it's a true artist because it's not many people can do that and dialve into their creativity just like that.
Speaker 5: And I mean it's our chemistry as well. Yeah, just good good kid, good brethren.
Speaker 1: You know. You know what I love about you? Is you a man?
Speaker 3: Can't put you in a box. You can't say you're just one way? Like you make feel good music, you make you know, club music, you make you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean? You make conscious music? Like how do you do that and not be whack? Like?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, because certain people can you know what I'm saying, Like certain people can go to another genre. I don't know, okay answers, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm a free spirited person. You have to be happy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: My children, my guys think come the funniest father in the world, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I love to laugh. People don't know that side of me. I don't show them as side of me. They don't need to. But music should come from a happy place.
Speaker 4: So if you're a person who's constantly angry, you're going to make angry music. If you're constantly bitter, your music will reflect that, you know, I mean, I never go to my bed with an argument. I tell you how I feel.
Speaker 5: And that's it.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow I'm going to say, no, what's up? Oh this is so great the music I would come for a pure place. So when when that is intact, you know, the inspiration flows, you know.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about I'm saying it wrong because I'm I'm dyslexic. Don't be conqueror.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With Steven Marley when you both performed and you're both shed a tear.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why did you go there? I know my ship. I know at first he said you shall a tear and then you said he and you're both like.
Speaker 5: You know, I say that was an emotional movement because.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: That relationship and friendship with that birdren coming like a job. It's ever in sand.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: The irony is.
Speaker 4: I used to the murders to give mine in the morning four o'clock game, used to pick me up on my house. I used to go running on the beach the first moning Ziggy brat and burta I never owned Ziggy again.
Speaker 1: Used to used to run with Ziggy. Then he brung Damien you never seen again.
Speaker 4: The first morning Ziggy brings Steve Maley and my a pick figure by the beach.
Speaker 1: J Yeah, I never run with Ziggy again.
Speaker 4: And Steve McKey, my best friend at that time until this day, we make music together. When the demon wanted to enter music, was there making sure that get the rudiments of his right. You know, you know that's a good friend. That's Bob Madley in this time for all of you. But if you do advice, you won't.
Speaker 5: See what.
Speaker 1: Did you have a meat pop? I know you got.
Speaker 4: Once my mother used to sell in the square raft Barbecome Square and once a blue Mitsubishi Tony pull up and this rasta man was driving and pushing mad and said, mother, give me a pack of craving in. And my mother gave me the pack of craving in, which is cigarettes. And I run across the road and give it to him. And by the time I should put it in his hand like this, there's a guy in the car, ask my mom. And by the time I gave them the cigarette like this, the poor community was doing on the car.
Speaker 5: And I says, my first encounter with them, that's a little little kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Bob Marley. Me and your shop about me. These are like ordained means.
Speaker 3: You know, My God is good and don't make no mistake, God damn it. That's a helly selassie Ethiopia. This is what the Rasta cultures correct. So how how did this start? He came to Jamaica, Well before.
Speaker 4: We were coming to Jimmy, as the rat is we we really it's a construction before leaving Earth, which the I don't know as the Bible. And there have been many a prophecy, and we know that Ethiopia, the all Africa was called eat Euopia before Cyrus African or went and conquered. We are carded Carthage and drive Annibal them south and then name the continent after himself.
Speaker 5: The content was.
Speaker 4: Called Ethiopia, the world continent, the whole African continent. See, and then colonization common and die set the continent and put invisible bads her name this shad congo, this that that that that. But to the uncolonization of Egypt, assure me and touch and her name and me and you see him she found that piece. But the dynasty goes back as far as Salomon and Sheba and too many lake and to Rasmo Konen, you overstand, And then they say was from Marasmo Konen. Then all I see and then and he's a family with Jesus. Well, I can't do religion. The blood line come from the line of Christ. The blood line come from the line of Christ.
Speaker 5: So I can't do.
Speaker 1: Lilling age and genealogy.
Speaker 5: That was true. I can't do rast the man ideology. So in this time we knew that God don't go all outside of us.
Speaker 4: Well inside of us, I have good tarts, I have bad tots, right the are the evil tarts and the good tots are the godly tarts.
Speaker 5: Yeside, So we see the Christ come any more on the earth.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure say, if you have fear, that's because the monster see they can move a mountain. We said Christ come anymore. I can sure say, just humble yourself. I love the lad by God, I love your neighbor, and certain things and teach us which you know I don't think it's only rested on two pages. So if you want to realize and realize what you really taught to us, you have to go and do some research. But are these things rastafar to realize that a game has been played on us.
Speaker 5: We haven't been taught the truth. Something is a miss and why everything by.
Speaker 4: This black black male, black road, blackyard, you know what I mean, black book, black list, and everything that's supposed to be blackboard. So we realize that there's a campaign against not only a particular collab, which is stupidity, but against our people as a nation. Can no matter how much success you achieve in this country, you will always be norried unless you go play dear ball.
Speaker 5: So I join the karate club.
Speaker 4: So we have to will forward this that brought us into a different reality than the one we thought we knew. And we said a lot of people coming on putting on dress do nothing to understand the premise, the foundation, what it means, what represents You've commercialized something that is near and dear to others.
Speaker 1: Right, But so let me ask you.
Speaker 3: I just want to reiterate that how did this, this, this matter party and culture come up? Did Hell It's lasting physically go to Jamaica.
Speaker 4: Yes, he went to Jamaica, of course, Alice last visits in Jamaica, visits Jamaica, visited many places in Jamaica. Men and Rastaman who many people taught were frivolous in they're taught were venerated because the Emperor indeed came to the island.
Speaker 1: Wow Ah and Marcus Garvey.
Speaker 4: Marcus Garvey is from Jamaica, and he traveled to the America's and traveled to England to spread the message of unification from the u n I A you know what I mean, the United Namin Association. Yes, and I have had many charters across many continents, even from South America to the Americas and expound upon the liberation of the black man and woman.
Speaker 3: If you was to say, people like you know leave Jamaica, who do you think they go to? More London or US.
Speaker 4: There's an existence, there's an existing training to gravity towards United States of America and the migration stream. Much shoulders that are are indication, and indicators are showed as is a major place for migration.
Speaker 1: How happy was you when they told you you could come back to America?
Speaker 4: Well, I was elated because initially I wasn't told I we could come back. I was told that I was permanently banned. And I said to the person who said that, let's see what God will do.
Speaker 1: And you said, let's see what God would do? That that's all, yes, And so.
Speaker 3: What happens someone gives you a call and say you can come back to it because I heard you was torn in Africa and I heard you was torn in the Caribbee.
Speaker 4: But actually in all you finished on honesty. I don't want to chew anybody on the buss because I'm very tactful. But this is my issuance of my visa to travel to America. Was was sent to me in twenty twenty two. And when I went to the embasses the ticket up, the lady told me you're permanently band, and I looked at her and I said, let's see what God will do. And it until twenty twenty three last year, this year twenty twenty four that it was really given to me, not from that office, but it was given to.
Speaker 1: Me from the higher ups. Come on, you connect the goddamn it. I mean, how was that feeling?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Like the God did it? Was?
Speaker 5: See you know, I'm here to serve my people.
Speaker 4: You see how happy people in New Yorker was not only because they saw me, but because they were able to receive something that they're longing for.
Speaker 1: You know, what is that?
Speaker 5: A concert?
Speaker 4: To hear music, to feel uplifted, to feel like there was no car stolen, No one got robbed. No one was mistreated. It was just a night of two nights of pure fun, love and entertainment because of good energy, good vibe. And you know, they try, like I told you, you know, you to destroy. Somebody goes off going, they go after the credibility out and then they go for the jugular.
Speaker 5: My people did not bite. Many bought in.
Speaker 1: Well. Listen, the vice of the people is the voice of God.
Speaker 5: What's his man?
Speaker 1: Yes, after me, let's talk about hills and valleys.
Speaker 4: Oh, free the people to well liberated or truly well liberated.
Speaker 5: That fine spirit you know over hills and valleys.
Speaker 1: How did you? How did you make that? W was you inhales and mountain and the valleys?
Speaker 5: Actually I was on tour going through this the Swiss Alps and my tour bus.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the just the joint where the snow was on top.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going through some tons. Yeah, on tour through the Swiss Alps.
Speaker 4: Because I used to spend three months here tour in the Americans, three months touring the European countries are four then two in the Caribbean. And that's why I used to spend my time and I was an inspiration. I received while I was traversed in the earth. How does it feel performed for the white people like that? Europe very performing. You have to understand that reggae music is an international music and you speak a universal language that connected.
Speaker 5: I told you it's the King's music.
Speaker 1: Like my white friend over there, I had to tell him stop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and King music need like this.
Speaker 1: I said, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: It was a need for the people. It doesn't matter you're grown and what you gone. Other days when we can separate people along their racial adam color lines when it come to music, you know much people love Kendrick Lamardy and not like us.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we got here.
Speaker 4: And I'm trying to tell you is diverse, So don't believe that you I'm under reggae music. There's a demographics who's not. And the more people in Europe love reggae music than America.
Speaker 5: Full Okay.
Speaker 4: When I when I play a concert in the Haague, fore hundred thousand people in Holland Behague, one hundred thousand people.
Speaker 3: Don't get it twisted. Whenever I'm more vacation like there's but white people. That's what they playing reggae?
Speaker 4: You know, reggae music. You have to understand also, my forefather's cultivated Europe more than America in terms of making the music heard and bringing the music to the masses. That cultivated Europe a lot more so. Europeans are very much deep into reggae music much so.
Speaker 3: And then let's just talk about your relationship with college. He was also a person that I've seen campaign you so much, like when you when you when you came home. I'm not saying the US's home. US is your home too, you know, your second home whatever, but he was campaigning for you so much.
Speaker 1: How did you develop the relationship. I know your work together Back in the days in there was an hurricane this shime Miami card.
Speaker 4: And in those days we used to have a whirrows and one hundred and seventeenth streets.
Speaker 5: On the courstyard.
Speaker 1: I was walking down the road no after I trying to.
Speaker 4: Find a wish bat and wish by wish bad. So we're finding a ready sea Sean. That's how we met up with Daddy's enjoy aboard Fox ninety six.
Speaker 5: That's Miss nine.
Speaker 1: Was Lady Terror DJ for a game and.
Speaker 4: A couple of ones and ones well Karli it was a part of that, but we eased to have right away.
Speaker 5: Look a vibe. I'm talking skinnical.
Speaker 4: So he used to come to Jerminica but in love the music so much that you know, bechwing me beats, try this and that, and I'm riding the car with him and I'm open. But I realized that you had a vision. I said, let's record it, let's make it into a dog plate, and we started doing the ship. So he used to go to Jamaica to play for Fully Loaded. And when he came and saw the reaction because in those days, when you do go and get a gun salute, it's all gone saloon one. And when he saw that, realize that this kid could and then he's playing skills. How he did this thing and his love for the music not the money, because in this game, if you love the music, it loves you back. If you love the music, it loves you back. I'm telling you, brother, And he loved the music and it loves him. He loves him back, as simple as that. So our friendship is not based on who the world say he is now and who he truly is. And he'll always be my brother, always be my friend. It was good heart, good spirit, love him family, good kid, and he loves music. Most importantly.
Speaker 3: Is there a real place called Holy Mountain? Yeah, in Jamaica, wherever you find it, wherever you find it. Brother, Yes, well that's real, that's real.
Speaker 1: Oh, Driver, I don't stop at.
Speaker 3: That record had New York City on the motherfucking when that ship came on. Driver, that's my part, Like, I'm sorry, I said, I heard it.
Speaker 5: It was not so aggressive.
Speaker 11: Drive, don't stop my towel. Have a fantasy, you won't get a driver, right, I have.
Speaker 1: A life respected. So but how did you come up with that formula? Oh? I had a driver one night I have to get to a studio. Was trying to down here in Miami. I was leaving from my.
Speaker 4: House in to get to the studio, and I had a driver. I'm telling him push its let's go by till I got after the studio, I was sinking, Driver. So I put my program I was going to do on hold and sent to Jamaica on the phone to get the rodding from the taxi to make the demo and fly home the next day because I knew it was a smash.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Do you want to mothers write about anything. Yo, that's crazy. I would have never thought that at all. It makes a noise for that. That's a holy ship. Okay we speak about this yet, Walk like a champion. You know, that's the girl's favorite. Such a classic.
Speaker 5: Man, that's the girls. That's the girl's joint right there. Okay, that's the girls joint right there.
Speaker 1: Because Finn is gonna do the record over, You're gonna do Drink like a champion. Oh yeah, just want to drink. Okay, but how you talk about it? But how did you make champion?
Speaker 5: So that was a Penthos production.
Speaker 4: I came to the studio one day and there was this guy sitting down with a bass on a stool. So his name is His name is Leroy Simbly. It's a very famous singer from the group called Heptones. But he's also a bass player, and he was singing a song. I can't remember the song, excuse me, but it really was so groovy. And you know, normally, because Pentos was my Pentos became my home base. So when you come here to work and I came, I wouldn't come out, you know, I would just stay here and ulla vibe with you to make sure whatever you're doing because in those days, Donovan Jerman was like the boss, but it was it was so cool. His girl, his man have a recording studient is low period to run it. He'll come to America and come back like once someone put this on at the side and said, let me want to make They would have to play what we did for everybody, and then he just jump on the plane and gone again. So we had the studio, so anybody come there and said, Nana McLean from Canada and all these people come to the studio and.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys have free rein.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so we were just making music. So I was still checking it out and I'm like, so I'm good.
Speaker 1: I like to beat.
Speaker 5: And that's where the inspiration came with just recording.
Speaker 1: So it was nothing but no championship.
Speaker 4: No, there was no championships, more like an inspiration. And the music was talking to me and I was just talking back to it with a great conversation.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know this, this story is fucking amazing. Man, Hold up, i'menormous pronouncing this wrong.
Speaker 1: So what.
Speaker 5: Rider?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, no bat to rider, don't get it twisted. But to rider is a shot a very short shot that the lady wears the ladies wears their cheeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, their ass cheeks are exposed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this was a trend back in the time, in the early nineties, and it was the coming out for the lady back in the time because we're coming from an era we're almost fear the cloud. Okay, I mean boderline Prutige, fear the cloud, conservative conservative.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this was also a coming on era where fashion and embracing a fashion and trends was becoming more social nouns.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, so so up closer personal even though that's a rhythm.
Speaker 4: Right close and personal. Yes, it's a song, yeah, the title of a song. Yeah, is that something that's common in.
Speaker 3: The culture is like pretty much everyone rhyming on the same beat and making their own version.
Speaker 1: Of a song. Know what what happened was.
Speaker 4: First for for DJ playing the music in the dance, all right, the producer now has to put his mind think about them. He has to think about them. So you put this hot song on this beat, but there's only one song. The letter and the guy who's playing the music have four songs to keep the juggling going as such a dynamic, so we try to give them more play.
Speaker 1: So that's particularly four the club.
Speaker 4: Yes, so the guys, because even though when I make music, I try to make music that I have three and four songs on the beat, so the selector can get a grace because when you do, when you go one song, sometimes it's difficult for them just play this once and then move on to something else. But is this what you call a juggling. He can play this, he's play that, mix that in and then go you know what I mean, so.
Speaker 1: You make it more.
Speaker 4: But I don't think no one is doing that anymore either. I don't know what's going on with that.
Speaker 1: Do you think that like died in in the late nineties.
Speaker 4: No, I mean there's a new trend happening now when new innovations are taking place. I mean, let's face it, we're not We're not nineteen anymore, we're not twenty anymore.
Speaker 5: Those were nineteen and twenty. Now they're seeing the music through different lens.
Speaker 4: So there's a paradigm shift, obviously, So we have to hope and pray that they catch the bull by the hands and integrate some of the good things that and.
Speaker 2: Literally seeing it through a new lens. Everybody's their phone lens absolutely literally.
Speaker 1: So you know when you said you dj' earlier, you talking about yeah J no.
Speaker 4: No, the word DJ is always miss come school in America. But the guy who played the music is called this jock in Jamaica. Say a selector right now, the guy who owns allD mic and rap like I do, it's called a DJ.
Speaker 1: That's right, and that's the A C T. Can you DJ right now?
Speaker 4: I'm on, I'm on dji man you can yeah, man, Racca party right now. Y.
Speaker 5: I wonder too. I want the tooth slim. I want the kind of over weird. I want the two yo.
Speaker 4: So I've time and put that pone up your nails and you up your lap the way you on your movie. I told you how many forever and we never quit on the minister you forbis. I love it when you do it like this in a downsid you're making turn. I make it twists with the gym. When I drink and ship water them, I drink of water, sip for you, give them, get me music nice like this. So the next album coming off from Babandannis Carr, I'm not telling the titles. Ye can't do that, but it's one hundred percent down side. Why I haven't given the massive in the dance a music since I came home and you know me, then if you know, Gagamel is still the Gagamel.
Speaker 1: I got a bake on the talk yourself happen together at all.
Speaker 3: So if there's anything that you could do in this game, do over, if you had one thing to do over, what would you do?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: If I had wanting to do over out the smart that mother, I'm sorry, I wasn't ready.
Speaker 1: No, you know, if I had wanting to do over in this game, bro, I'm.
Speaker 4: Serious, I would to make it my earnest, earnest, earnest duty to make sure these motherfuckers know their dance all this year to stay forever and Reggodness is going to leave forever because I didn't think they get the message. They didn't get the memo. I put some leaf lifts under their door. They didn't read it. And that's one of my biggest regrets because I know a lot of people right they see this music, they love it, they want to get close to it.
Speaker 5: We've never been given the mainstream.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 4: You never hear us in every rotation unless we're selling out singing like we're some guys from Disney.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. This is gonna come when we're gonna have pirate stations.
Speaker 4: And my only regret is that I didn't get another first person to get one in America.
Speaker 5: You guys need a pirate station.
Speaker 1: That's that's what you guys started. I was lost started off.
Speaker 5: So talk about regrets, that's what we regret.
Speaker 4: We should have pirate station all among this motherfucker at one pirate station, and we knew we could have done it because guess what, it's difficult for them to climb all these tall buildings to find those antennas.
Speaker 5: Bro, what do you what do you antenna every day?
Speaker 1: That's what DJ RO did on the bus. What do you enjoy better? Independent or major label?
Speaker 5: Independent?
Speaker 4: Mone It means I take too long term shit our own independent now Also the most money I ever making other music business, those when I was independent to gogle in music, Yeah, because I didn't have any I mean, I'm at one, boss, You understanding those days we have mechanical loses where the real des we want selling real records, you know what I mean, not what we dealing with now, but independent there is always good to have more creative control.
Speaker 1: But you can see where your budget is going.
Speaker 4: You have more financial control. Yeah, man, independent records, right, goglelel music.
Speaker 3: Music God comes down, It says, Bojo, you got one record to save the whole humanity.
Speaker 4: You I am you.
Speaker 3: You gotta make this record, Bojo, and you get one feature and one producer. Who is your one feature and the one producer.
Speaker 5: For some fun was doing blastphere.
Speaker 1: On the.
Speaker 4: Uh. But when she was my feature in creation, you know it's better named Steve who and do a thing back in that time?
Speaker 5: Yes, seem fool men.
Speaker 1: That's what we say here do a thing with saying that we have stories.
Speaker 5: Do a thing, Carl to be wonderful thing to do?
Speaker 1: Do do? Did you? Uh? What's that song called? You guys do not into music. I'm not telling you I'm trying to damaging everything you do. Do j teens.
Speaker 4: Don't get it yet, sound like Stevie Bright, You guys are so slow. Master blaster guys. So the master Blaster right, that's the master Blaster. It's called the Master Blaster right by Steve Wanda. It's one of my favorite So you know, I mean, no matter what mood I mean, I can listen to the master Blaster and there's also this song called by this guy from India called Japa Man called so it's like a meditation song. And you know Japanman uh decided You don't don't You guys don't even know from But that's a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful vocal right here. Producer, one of my greatest producers have passed away, Bobbie Digital Dixon.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Is that Donovan Germany is a good producer. You're talking local right are you're talking internationally?
Speaker 1: Whatever you want?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Donovan Germany produce and Stephen and Stevie Wan. Now that should be something classic, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Crazy? I love that.
Speaker 3: How you picked an artist that's here, but you picked the producer that's passed away.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: You wanted the producers were wanted to do it with has passed away, which is Bobbi Bobbi Digital. So the next best producer I know is Donavan Germany who's still alive. And we're able to make such a vision materializes. You know what I'm saying, I could see.
Speaker 1: This record happened.
Speaker 4: That could happen, definitely, that's gonna happen so because reggae music. Stevie One is an ardent love of reggae music. And I showed it because they performed with Bob Marley before.
Speaker 5: So we know that he knows.
Speaker 1: Genius and he's a musical, a musical meca. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Roy Eisley on here from the eyes of brother, and he said that he saw Stevie One the course in the.
Speaker 1: Street, busy street, and I bet Stevie saw him too, said something for that. Jack said he got in the elevator with him.
Speaker 4: I was watching TikTok and someone waved on some one show and the brother did this, So I'm like, you're winning, bro.
Speaker 3: He said, you got an elevator with no one else, Like, first of how you get in the elevator you're blind with no one else.
Speaker 1: And then he pressed the thing and he said, I see you later on. Man. No, he's photographic memor Man, photographic memory, true, is very true. That's what we Let's talk about. Ringing along? Why why what's going on that record? For that? Forla of a better term, I don't want to use the Jamaican accent, but I got to use him for this.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, man, ring the alarms.
Speaker 4: Now that rhythm is a phenomenal and that was produced by Techniques mister Winston Riley, and that was on the Technique label. And the readym is called Stalaga twenty twenty one, nineteen twenty No. Starag is like the prison in Russia, stalinra Yes, Stalag right. So if you don't understand we name rhythms, we call our beats names, right, yeah, we call it. We gave her ridyims names. So that beat is called a staladder and the start is one of the most powerful.
Speaker 5: Do Do Do Do Do Do Do? It's crazy, yeah, And that was Tennessa.
Speaker 1: I Records, Yes bring the so.
Speaker 4: So the irony of that song is like I grew up listening to Tennessa because it was just such a road whar I roll up his pants foot always and it's Gyanzi and when he's on stage of the Flashy Man and hey, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you know, and then he passed away in Texas.
Speaker 4: And to find myself years later with this track in a studio working on it was I couldn't action, I couldn't accent on the more than now. It's an amazing feat and I'm happy I was able to accomplish that fire.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about Estinay.
Speaker 4: Oh mama, look when you call me now listening. Come at a painfull point in my life, when a turning point where you know, every ten years a man got two changes in I'm life. Yeah, and that was one of my ten year changes. We are you know, two roles before you pick ach ie kind of thing, you know what I mean. And the spirit came to me. I say, yourself, your servant, this is your role. And I was in California. I matter of fact, I was staying at the Nikkey Hotel on Las Snega Nico Hotel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Nikki and Nicole. It was a Japanese street.
Speaker 1: It was a fat burger. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I found two fucking ondred dollars downstairs that place one day, hotel.
Speaker 5: I was walking.
Speaker 1: I don't trust those no, no, no, no no, I don't trust those days. But I was eating burgers. I was just walking.
Speaker 4: I found two fucking ondred dollars. Roll up first, I phone that I'm one in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I came back to the hotel and I was inspired the rich man because I was looking through the window seeing all this editis in front of the man, I was inspired, but that's all I came about.
Speaker 5: Basically, I got tell them more, but.
Speaker 2: I still want to hear the making of this record and told stories and told stories.
Speaker 4: Now I was I was working on the project card to Shiloh, and we wanted something different.
Speaker 5: So in those days, I used to go to the studio in the night. No, I go to the studio in the day.
Speaker 4: I used to go to a studio like six o'clock and until eight o'clock the next morning, sometime twelve o'clock the next day.
Speaker 5: And one night I came.
Speaker 4: I came about eleven o'clock and there was this version inside the studio sits't known with his guitar or dread locks arrassed them on in some white Beard and I said the dnavan was going on. He said, that's Glenn Brownie. Won't make a song tonight. Say you want to make a song whatever, I said, we're there's some music shots, so we're going to make us sound only guitar, and I'm like, yeah, sound good.
Speaker 5: So he started playing. But I love music and I love the guitar, you know.
Speaker 4: So once he started playing with us, it was deer until about two o'clock in the night that's what we got.
Speaker 1: Was that the first time that you made a record like that?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: And did it change anything from that point? Because it was different for us? You know?
Speaker 4: That was also my first Beyond that music, I delve into production myself, where I produce Easier Road and I produce Mighty Dread and I produced Small Acts and I produce Rampage.
Speaker 5: And I just start producing.
Speaker 4: But Lantern, right, because I found that there's a direction that I have dalving and making this song and working with Glenn Browne opened me up to all the possibilities that was latent inside of me musically, right, And I you know, because I was primarily.
Speaker 1: Dance all it's stripped down, it's so full, so.
Speaker 5: And then you know, yeah, I became more musical, so to speak.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you. That's my friend right there from Peru, Oh yeah, in Jamaica. Oh yeah. So if he goes to Jamaica, where where do you should sell him to go?
Speaker 5: What do you what do you interest? What are you interests? What is his interest?
Speaker 1: He likes to wrestle, wrestle, he likes if you like to wrestle, you're gonna fly past from me. I go to a place on Memphis.
Speaker 3: For anybody who never came to Jamaica, what is what is some spots that they need Jamaica's experience.
Speaker 4: You got one hundred and five four square miles to traverse, you got beaches, you got mountains, you got rainforests, you got good cuisine, the best food you can think of, lovely hospitality.
Speaker 5: So you got from Kingston to Negro to Alcherio's Montago Bay. Those are prime spots.
Speaker 4: Then you have an claps like Portland that you can still find a beautiful place and have a great Jamaican experience.
Speaker 5: So I mean I can sell my island all day, go and experience that ship for yourself.
Speaker 1: Is it nice part to Kingston? Beautiful? Nice part? It's not all gunting? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh no, No, that's a misnomal like yes, please look, I'm sure you know when you look at the television and show Haiti all the show use young violence. Right you have you've been to eighty. You see that eighty beautiful part, just like what it did to us with Africa. It shows only the represent the dirt road knows beautiful country.
Speaker 5: Just like Jamaica.
Speaker 4: You're going to see a lot of zin fence and you're going to hear about the crime. But it's a beautiful country. No, you have to understand these things exist everywhere, and there's a particular demographic who make profit from selling you trauma. Okay, but if you haven't been, excuse me to these places. I have the experience for yourself. I'm not saying that's our kulture.
Speaker 5: Everywhere.
Speaker 4: There is good and bad everywhere. But you're not going for a bad experience. You do not plant to see that having a bad experience. You're going for a great experience. So your mind is already geared towards having a good time, so nothing will interfere with that. You understand that you are a sum total of your thoughts. Okay, So that being said, Jamaica is entirely beautiful. Now is it totally safe? One hundred percent? Nowhere in the world is okay, So you'd be mindfully to stay on your six what anywhere you go? Yeah, a soldier right gone on the days? No man not mana anymore. They want to traveler's guide, and I'm up on their phone.
Speaker 1: Last time I went to Jamaica, nowhere had good weed. But then they said.
Speaker 3: He just respected Did they say they say, go to the case they got the H grade.
Speaker 1: Where did you go on? You baby? Yeah, it was like something like that. Did we went to? We went to? We went?
Speaker 3: No, well, well Capone went the typically gods at Mountain View.
Speaker 1: Was it I'm saying it right, they found the high grade.
Speaker 4: Listen to me and see that this stigma somehow died thoughn as a concerned marijuana in my country, I would like to tell myself, and with the advent of the marijuana shop popping up, I still think there's an abundance of adult depends on when did you go?
Speaker 5: Because what I've seen I've gotten.
Speaker 4: Is the abundance of herb dispenseries that that that sells good quality. But I'm an I still don't do commercial or by one from the field. To my hand, I don't want that nigger guy, you know what I mean? Because a profit doo inspire, all.
Speaker 3: Right, because remember back in the days to have used to have black weed, brown weed.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know what a black weed used to have in Decca in in in Deca.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, and purple skunk and properly he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that was from the earth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, screw up from the sun and your grottal and this Saniel. Remember those days used to smoke one giant all day?
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw smo you know, yeah, yes, bucking doors is a smoke one giant for one being and it just keeps olden.
Speaker 5: They keep lighting it and it's just feel nice.
Speaker 4: They have commercialized the herbs so much, even the poor tendency has been reduced.
Speaker 3: Let me let me tell you, man, I've seen an interview with you, and I believe the brother was from Jamaica, and he kept saying how you preserved yourself? Meaning like you didn't come home looking crazy? You came home looking like like you said you was working out three times a day. But not only that, it was your style. Most people are about, you know, spitting. Most people go to jail and then they lose their style, like so many people lose it because they're not writing it, not practicing, Like, how did you come home and you still sound just as good as you used to sound in several cases even better.
Speaker 5: You know that place has stopped me.
Speaker 4: One particular thing that when someone does something to you that he's deciding to hurt you. And then you know in your heart. They're around you. Don't fight with them because no one on earth will ever believe you. It's all a god came to your innocency. But you can give a choice. You can stand that trajectory and steal this bitter motherfucker, or you can forgive them and live your life. The greatest weapon we have against all our adversaries are forgiveness. They don't understand it. They can't see why. Yes, they don't know why you're not hungry. They don't know why you're not bitter. They don't know why you're not traveling that grind, and that drives them mad. So the ability to forgive enable us to continue our life and the path that our father wants us to continue on. The ability to project ourselves outside of the bad circumstances.
Speaker 5: Into good light is what we have. We're in control of that, Hm, You are in control of that.
Speaker 4: If you allow them to make you into a monster, they willie my chiefs, dear dear desire right, they would have won.
Speaker 1: Most people in your position would have got broke down.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm telling you, brother, that's the intent. That's the aim of the enemy. Okay, And the only way you circumvent that you have to forgive him. We said, father, forgive him, not because he know what he did, not a bullshit, But you forgiveause they don't know what they did.
Speaker 1: They know what they did, so you did it there. I would do my work simple. You forgot to meet Michael Jackson. No I ah, no, no, Drid. How about Prince?
Speaker 4: No I meet the King Bob No I of course I of course, I mean Bobby. I give him my cigarette and them care and I don't need to meet the Prince.
Speaker 1: I just want to thank you, man. I really want to take brother. I want to thank you for all these roles that I can plan.
Speaker 2: The tour.
Speaker 1: You say speaking yees so no, no, no, no, no, I want to drop this thin man.
Speaker 4: So my tour kicks off. My tour is called overcome a tour. Why the overcome out. Guys have been through a lot, a whole lot, And it was a love of the people, love the Almighty God that brought me to it for me to be here, sitsing't done right now in ninetive America and drink champs.
Speaker 5: You love the people, nor come upon all those days.
Speaker 4: So I would say that we have overcome a lot, and this tour exemplifies that spirit of overcoming a lot of people. You're going to adversus in your life, and if you're an overcomer, come out, come celebrate with me, because this is the overcome a.
Speaker 5: Tour coming you away. One show only to miss is to this.
Speaker 4: I don't know when you're going to say a next one, but right now we're overcoming and I'm coming over, so be there.
Speaker 1: No, this is bunch of.
Speaker 4: Bands and alongside Friday, this is a school singer called Friday.
Speaker 5: And I love Friday's music, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean?
Speaker 4: And I like his presentation and God did project and we invited him out and he accepted my invitation to be on toward me.
Speaker 5: So Friday is going to be on the road. The Bucherband and lngside reach.
Speaker 4: You feeling from Jamaica, giving you some hardcore danceoun music and your soul and let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's overcome because I'm coming.
Speaker 3: Like, I just want to say this one more time. I said this on your intro, but I truly believe you're one of the greatest performers on the planet.
Speaker 5: I try, I might try, like like.
Speaker 1: Listen, I enjoy doing research when I when.
Speaker 3: I do this, Like so I was watching your interviews, listening to your music, but when I got start looking at your car service, I could not stop. Like I just kept looking at how you bring the people and like you make people cry, you make people like it's just like it's something I've never seen before, Like you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, how I feel it and from I feel it, I want the masters to feel it. Every night is not to see. Sometimes you go there. Your spirit is high, high high, and sometimes you go there like I was in Liman, Costa Rica, and the spirit came to me. I said get up and go to the beach. And I get up and I went to go to the beach, and the security stopped me and said I cannot go to the beach right now because they're doing a loading and they don't want the people on the beach walking into the loading. So I went back to the room and then the promoter came to me and said, you want to go to the beach. I said yeah. The security said they're doing a loading. Let them angling business. He said no, I'm gonna come. I'll take you because the spirit came to me. I said, you need to go to the beach, but this guy stopped me, so he come someone or to fulfill that.
Speaker 5: So we went to the beach. While I was standing on the beach, I just felt sad. I don't know why, so sad. I started walking down the beach and the sun came to me saying, I love you, Lord, cous.
Speaker 1: You mercy, never feace.
Speaker 4: I said to the guy was in security, I said, you know the song? Let me say yeah, I said, I love this song?
Speaker 1: Who sing it?
Speaker 4: So pull it upstart listening to it on the beach and I went back to the hotel room. I spoke to one of my sons about four o'clock and I went on the stage about eight o'clock. While I'm on the stage, I just felt, agreed. Feeling came over me so much that I was at a crying on the stage. Only the coming of the stage. I'm coming to Jamaica. I heard that my son died the same night here in America. I felt that I felt a piece of me left me. I was on the stage, So people feel things. And if I can feel that, what can the masses in front of me feel? If I am being true to myself and my art?
Speaker 5: Mhm.
Speaker 4: So It's like the music shan It is a vessel. That embody is something that when I go out there and impoort the wine. If wine is coming from a dirty vessel, the wine is dirty fullid sediments. But the wine is coming from a vessel that's clean or palatable one when drink and people go and feed up, lift.
Speaker 5: Inspired filled. Thank you guys for having me here.
Speaker 1: You all right, yeah, holy shit.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, And most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 1: Hazard is Sounds.
Speaker 4: Rosing the Machines Castrumentals Volume one available now on all platforms.
Speaker 1: Download today.
Speaker 4: ROS of the Machines Song Contest seeking out all artists that want to take their career to the next level.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and join today by downloading the album, picking out your favorite beat, and making a song versu or hook to it submitted to Hazard Sounds at gmail dot com and.
Speaker 4: You will be judged by celebrity judges dj EFN, Drink Champs owned SB Killer Plantnum producer, and Scram Jones Multiplantum producer as well.
Speaker 3: Can also summit via ig by recording a video and performing the song.
Speaker 5: Simply tag Rising the Machine Song Contest and we will repost your video as well.
Speaker 1: Winners will be announced September seventh.
Speaker 5: Joined today and may the best artists win