Speaker 1: The volume. The NFL season is going strong, and Draft Kings sports Book is hooking new customers up with an offer that's even stronger. Bet five bucks on any game this week to score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets, and DraftKings isn't stopping there. All customers can take advantage of a sweetener offer every game day this October. Get in on game day greatness. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use code Shannon. New customers can score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets when you bet five on the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's cold Shannon.
Speaker 1: Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Speaker 2: The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one A hundred gambler dot net in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why to four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas licensing partner Golden Nugget like Charles Louisiana twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, hello again, and we're back. Welcome to another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Thump Janny Sharp, He's your favorite number eighty five Chad O Jo Sinko Johnson. Please hit the button below subscribe the big big button on your screen. On your screen to make sure you subscribe, to make sure you're alerted every time that we're on.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into it. Oho.
Speaker 1: The Bills hang on and beat the Giants fourteen to nine. Daniel Jones without ty Rod Taylor came in and acquitted himself very well tonight.
Speaker 2: What was the takeaway from this game?
Speaker 4: My takeaway from the game was, obviously the Giants did what they needed to do offensively and defensively, not enough to get the w having a chance at the end. Obviously, clock management when they had to kick a field before before they half the clock.
Speaker 5: Manager was very bad before the half, right, they should have had.
Speaker 1: Because I want to know, I'm thinking the same thing you're thinking. I'm thinking, what was the call? Because we saw a similar call earlier this year with Baltimore right where they didn't want to snap the ball, they ended up snaw and they turned the ball over and they don't get a chance at the field goal. Right, because now instead of trying to for a touchdown to win the game, you.
Speaker 2: Kick a field goal and you win the game.
Speaker 1: So I would like to hear Brian a Ball talk talk about that, what transpired, what Tyrod, what was he thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what they were thinking, but that that one play one play in in a football game, there's sixty five to seventy plays. There are about two or three plays in a game that determine the outcome. And the mess up before the half and not being able to kick a field goal or at least score a touchdown is the reason why it went down to the wire the way it did. Obviously, they weren't they weren't. They weren't able to convert and get a touchdown at the end. But it was a good game. It was a good game and the fact that Daniel Jones wasn't playing, Sae Kwon was back. Say Kwan ran the ball extremely extremely well. I don't have a stat line because the game this said, I don't have a stat line. But Tyrod did what he could do and gave the Giants a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these coaches got to get out of their own way because all of a sudden, now everybody wants to prove the how smart they are and go for it on fourth down, right and making it about themselves. We saw this in the Oregon game. He made it about himself. Punt that football. Do not give that ball back to Washington in that situation. And we keep seeing Pete Carroll, what the hell are you thinking? Take the field goal? Your defense is playing really well. You could after those first two drives. You guys did a number on the Bengals defense, on the Bengals offense. Take the points there, and now you're going down to kick a field goal to win the game instead of getting the ball, instead of trying to get a touchdown to win the game. Considering how bad you were in the red zone all day long. These coaches, everybody, well, I'm trying to run time off the clock.
Speaker 2: And you know, I don't want to give them the ball back. Bro.
Speaker 1: If you give them the ball back and they go get a touchdown or field goal getting field goal range with five six seconds, well you need to put that on your DC. You need to put that on your defensive players to do a better job. But I need to know what I need to hear Brian dave Ball and I need to hear Tyrod Taylor explain to me what the throat process was and what the call that came in, because there's no way in hell I run in that football because I already know, O Joe, there's only nine seconds you're not going to get an first of all down there. If they tackle you, you're not going to get another playoff if there's fifteen.
Speaker 4: Seconds, right they and actually before the half, they wouldn't let Tyrod Taylor up anyway, They wouldn't let them know.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't even.
Speaker 4: Let them let anybody up. And then I also would like the question I want to ask you. I want to double back to you and ask you. In that situation, it reminded me of the Seahawks game. Obviously with Russell Wilson. You have Marshawn Lynch in the back. But the Super Bowl, with the Super Bowl on the line, what would you have done in that situation if you were the ball, would you have actually thrown that or would you handed off?
Speaker 1: No? But here's the difference in the Seattle situation. In the Super Bowl, they let they let the Patriots dictate. What they did is they brought their goal line personnel. They brought I think, if I'm not mistaken, they brought in six down line.
Speaker 2: They brought it.
Speaker 1: I think they jumped into a fifty three front right five down linemen. I don't care because guess what, it's only second.
Speaker 2: Down and I still got a time out. Go to let me go.
Speaker 1: So if I don't get it, I can call time if I need to.
Speaker 2: I probably won't. I'm gonna let the time tick.
Speaker 1: And now on third down, hey see what happened on FOURD down? If I need that. In these situations, coaches are overthinking it. Analytics department has ruined the has ruined sports because they say, well, if you do this, you got a fifty.
Speaker 2: Percent chance of losing.
Speaker 1: If you but it doesn't take into account momentum and what if all it gives you is like, if you go for here, this is what happens. If you score here, this is what happens. But what about the tide turning? What about the momentum in the ball game? It doesn't factor in that, And so these coaches are getting into the getting in their own way. I will say this, Darren Waller was interfered with on both of those plays, right, But you can you call you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't call that twice. Now come on, I'm gonna make a call. I can't call that twice though not nots not necessarily.
Speaker 2: As a deep as a but let me ask you a question, sir, did he get did he get? Hell? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 4: But this is the thing about it, Shan, this is the thing about it. Listen, the refs could be picky. They could be picky.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You know, you can call a holding play on every plate, but every plate, whether it's the lineman, whether it's the DB's there's always something going on on every play. So there's certain times, in certain situations you just can't throw that flag back to back like that allowed the Giant. The Giants already got there, they got there, they got they won. You got you when you got your first pass another way?
Speaker 2: Did but did he hope?
Speaker 1: But see heard the thing. Here's what my push back. It's only a one man route. It's right there at the back.
Speaker 2: Joe. You you you holding the guy right there from the back. O Joe, listen.
Speaker 4: As much as I want the Giants to win, that you can't throw. You can't give him that call twice in the brow. You can't you you can't oo.
Speaker 1: What is giving a call is the calling. We're going to discuss this a little later. Is that what Gibson Junior got Gibson's senior got in the Cleveland forty nine ers game.
Speaker 2: That was a gifted call because it didn't hit him in the neck. He didn't He didn't hit him in his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't hit anything, and they call unnecessary roughness in this situation. The only thing I will say about Waller, they're coming in. You're exposed to sell the run. You got more time than you think. In television, if you read the prompter, they always tell you. I remember when I started when I tell classes, even though I didn't think I was gonna have to read the prompter, but sometimes I do. They say, Shannon, you have more time than you think. When he came with that crack motion with Dariel slate. Now, anything like oh this is about to be a run, I'll block down because I know, I know it's a past. They don't know what it is. Two thousand and one, thousand and two. All I need him to do is to put his eyes on the back or put his out somewhere.
Speaker 5: Second.
Speaker 2: Now I'm behind it.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it. All I needed to do is hesitate. I'm not gonna go to him. I'm a block down to make him think it's gonna be trying to cross crack the ball to Saquon. All he had to do was faked take time. I thought he went too quick right and he didn't sell.
Speaker 4: It, but he still he ran out a little bit of real estate too. So again, I mean, I think.
Speaker 1: That's why you slow that, because think about, Oh, Joe, that's why you slow.
Speaker 2: That out right right right where you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: It's not a play like you're in the middle of the field and you run that play because now you got room to run.
Speaker 2: You only got ten yards.
Speaker 5: So again, I don't know. You might have answered it, but I didn't hear you.
Speaker 4: So if you were the ball in that situation, would you have gone with that same play with the pass play the waller? Would you have run it with Saquan since he was he was successful running the ball all night.
Speaker 1: I really don't have a problem with the call. The only problem that I have is that is it. And I know I'm saying the extra because I thought it was a great play call. We see this player, we see this play a lot where you try to leak the tight end out. But the only thing is I thought Waller went too quick. And you get that sometimes because you know it's only two seconds. We only got one cracket. But take your time. Take your time. And that's the one thing that John and I would we would always discuss in meetings. He's like, they would say, okay, Shannon, we want you to go twelve to fourteen, and I would ask John, what are you thinking on this route? He said, give me twelve, give me twelve in practice, because I know you're gonna speed it up in the game. So now I'm telling I'm telling Darren Waller, hey a one count, give me a two count, because I know you're gonna speed it up.
Speaker 2: In the games.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing if I could give him any advice. You got more time than you think. But I thought I thought the Giants played well. I thought wing Martin Deade did a great job of confusing, Josh Allen doing a great job of disguising things. I thought they played well. They played well enough to win that game. Todd rod Taylor did not embarrass himself. Having sat Kwan back obviously helped the offense. Darius Slayton made some big time catchers. A lot of guys made big time catchers. Jaylen Hyatt made a big time catch. But I think sometimes we sell this today we saw the bill struggle. We're talking about the Eagles, they the forty nine ers. Sometimes you look at an opponent, especially when you're five and zero right and they're struggling. You look at them and they're without their best player, they without Deshaun on offense, or they're without the best all pro running back Nick Chubb, and you look at them, or you look at the jest and that well they don't have Aaron Rodgers and there was without some there, without Assauce. I don't think Safs played today. So and you look at that old shoe and you're like, we got them in the bag.
Speaker 2: But I'll get it. I'll give Mike Shanahan a lot of credit.
Speaker 1: Because he and Gary Kubiak, who's the off asive coordinator, they would show us even if a team was bad, he says, see, and they would show us great plays that the defense had made.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: The only problem is they're just not consistent. He said, don't let them get consistent against us today. And so that's what you have to reinforce is that, hey, this is a good telly.
Speaker 2: I understand they they've lost the game, they're two and two or they were.
Speaker 1: Just BA, but don't let them put that consistency together against us and plug The Giants finished all five in the red zone.
Speaker 2: You see, you lose game by kicking field goals.
Speaker 1: You win in games impossible championships by scoring touchdown.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you just said that.
Speaker 4: So, now that you see the way the Giants have played opposed opposed to how they looked against everybody else, do you think a quarterback change necessary? Being that they had such a such a great opportunity to win today's game, and they played well and ty Tyrod Taylor did things that he needed to do to make sure he didn't lose lose the game for the team, but gave them a chance to then, who would you make a quarterback change at this point?
Speaker 2: I would not. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: It's easy for the guy to come in for one game because there's not a whole lot of film on it.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get some game tape on it. Now we got a game to see what they like to do with Tyrod. Tyrod did a great job of getting the ball out of his hands. He did a great job if it's not there taking off a run. He did a great job of getting of getting the ball out of his hands. I wouldn't make the quarterback change just yet. Let's see how it plays out. But he did look good. Yeah, I thought the offensive line blocked a little better than what they normally have normally do get Daniel Jones Dave Jones like, hey, bro, can I get some of that guys? I mean, just to look, they got two guys tied for giving up the second most sacks and another guy the right tackle that's tied for giving up the second most pressures.
Speaker 2: It's hard to win. It's hard to play that position.
Speaker 1: When you got two offensive three of your offensive lineman are shooting bad right three office of lineman shooting.
Speaker 2: Real band Onshow it's hard to win games like that? Yeah, I got it. Let's go.
Speaker 1: The forty nine Ers lose to the Browns nineteen seventeen. My take went viral because I said I did not believe brock Purty.
Speaker 2: Was it elite?
Speaker 1: And oh Joe, we've got to stop this notion a quarterbacks on a team they win, he's elite. We've got to stop We normally guys had to put the string together some years consistently. Guy had to scring together MVP season. Oh, God had to go to Pro Bowl. God had to be all Pro. Now, guy have a good two three game stretch.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's the elite. It's okay. Look there's thirty two quarterbacks. Yes, it's okay.
Speaker 1: You got elite, and you got the middle of the pack, and you got guys that are just guys.
Speaker 2: Right, just because you're guy, Just because your guy.
Speaker 1: Is an elite, that doesn't mean he's a bum.
Speaker 2: People were saying, oh, you're trying to say block. I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I haven't seen enough to declare him elite.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you know what's hard to do.
Speaker 4: It's hard to declare him elite based on the supporting cast he has around him. He has a superior supporting cast around him, your offensive line, your receivers, the running back you have. Now, let's say if you were to take Rock Perdy and put him in a different position and put him in a different, different team where he didn't have the repertoire, you know, the arsenal that he has over there with the forty nine, will he still be to be consistent with his play weekend and week out. That lets you know whether your leader or not. I think that's that's the way I judge some of the top tier quarterbacks. You can take Patrick Mahomes and put him anywhere on any of the other thirty one teams, and you know what you're gonna get the same thing with Josh Allen. They are playmakers that make the players around them much better. Now, I'm not sure what brock Purty does with the forty nine ers offense, because the players that he has surrounding him are just that great. These aren't your average dudes. Their top tier dudes at every position over there.
Speaker 1: Right, I agree with your party with twelve of twenty seven, and he completed forty four percent of his passes one hundred and twenty five yards, one touchdown one of the exceptions.
Speaker 2: And that's all that I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We saw how he looked when Christian McCaffrey exited the game, when Deebo exited the game.
Speaker 2: That's your opportunity, right when, guys.
Speaker 1: Because we saw Patrick Mahomes go win the Super Bowl and they took the most dangerous man and put ball away from him Tyreek Hill. He went to and under the super Bowl. That's what elite in this seels. Tom Brady is elite because we see him. No matter who's out there on the field, he's gonna be great. He's not gonna win every game. But you look at Tom Brady and you're like, okay, he's leaked Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: Is he lead? Right? Rob?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, he's great because he made a play or they won a few games.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Like that, people, But he is very good. In the fact that he had to go down to a Jim Schwartz defense. That is the real deal. The boys are really obviously, Listen, the Browns ain't no pushover regardless of what that what Johnson, what the record may show.
Speaker 2: Let mess your quest.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, when we ever said it win a elite quarterback ever worried about the defense he was going up against.
Speaker 2: Oh you see what you just did? That that told you right now what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You never said that about Tom Brady, that about Peyton Man. You never said that a back Patrick Mahone. It doesn't matter because elite, Hey, you the best. If I'm the best picture of the Major League, I want to face the best hitters. I don't say, well, he got some good stuff, but he definitely don't want to play. Don't want to face show Heatani. You don't want to face Aaron Judge or Mike Trout. No, And so look, I thought, uh, that unnecessarily roughness penalty on the receipt. I don't know about that on Joe now unless they said he launched himself. And I don't think he launched himself because it was just I mean, he turned, he got it.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 1: He didn't hit him in his head, he didn't hit him in his neck area. He just and I know it's a bang bang play, but every big hit is not unnecessary roughness.
Speaker 2: Damn, it's football.
Speaker 4: I think I understand that the call itself unnecessary roughness, pass interference, every other call. It's just too much inconsistency in it. It's too much inconsistency in it, and it's costing. It's costing people games, it's costing people money. Obviously on the back end. I understand what the NFL is trying to do, trying to protect the players, but it's getting to a point where it's so inconsistent at times where the call isn't even a call, where the game of football is not even the game of football.
Speaker 5: To this point, and it's it's it's it's ruining games.
Speaker 4: It's costing teams games, and it could hurt you on the back end, you know, when you lose a game that you that that you need, they don't because of a call that really shouldn't have been called.
Speaker 5: And it's happening too much in today's game.
Speaker 1: What it's allowed people to do, what has allowed u things to happen, is is that guys who with a lot less courage is able to play this game because they've taken the physicality out of it, because they've taken the intimidation out of it.
Speaker 2: Way.
Speaker 1: Because all these until I started leaving the game. I ain't never heard of. No three steps, no three step slant round, a free step slant route. And you got Ray Lewis, or you have Singletary, or you had like John Offer Dog. They don't want to split your domes man, Hey you got that? No, No, it's like a different hits. The receiver I never heard of. I never heard the fenseless thing like bro, you got to help and the shoulder pass. How yousics they see you out there naked.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: It's a different ball game. Today's game. It is a shi today game is extremely different. I don't think how I don't think they understand how good they have it. I think about the two thousands. I think about the two thousands with your Ray Lewis, is your air reach, Detroy Polamalo's Steve Atwater, Donovan Darius Off that, Bob Saander's, Sean Taylor, the people where it made you think twice. You know you got to across the middle, but you're thinking twice before you got to as soon as you when you're coming off the line and you trying to see where they are before you make your cut, so you know when to brace h you know when to get down and make that business decision.
Speaker 5: Yo, it was different.
Speaker 2: It was different.
Speaker 5: It wasn't no pretty one hand catches one, no pretty one the middle.
Speaker 1: You oh, you want a profile, you might do it. You might do I'll tell you what you might do it. You might do it in the first quarter, but I guarantee you would never do it again. I mean in the nineties, think about we had Mark Carrier, we had Rodney Harrison, we had Ronnie Lott, we had Steve Adwater, we had Eddie Anderson, we had Joy Browner. Eddie Anderson hit a dude so hard and then he w w E he counted him out one, two, three. That's what guys would do with Yeah. We I mean those safeties back there, they were big safety. They're not these moves safety. They wasn't a worried about no coverage. They were coming down hill, they were playing tell how safety and they dare you.
Speaker 2: They dare your runner over. Yeah, they dare your runner.
Speaker 4: Fark what listen, if you don't catch the ball, they're gonna leave you with something to take back to the huddle.
Speaker 2: Because that's all you wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Because football in it's it's it's in, it's true in its first form was about intimidation. Yeah, it's about intimidation. Oh you caught that one the first one. But come third quarter, like, oh oh you got gay. Now nobody got gate arm. Everybody extended. Everybody want to chant you with one hand. Oh, everybody want to do a selfie. Everybody do a selfie? Catches Now, yeah, it's different. I mean across the middle in the quarterback they put it in your number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't won't that one. I ain't won't that one. Were getting the next one.
Speaker 4: But listen like like like they did say, man is to protect, it's to protect the players.
Speaker 5: It is for safety.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: But the game, the game has changed. It's not the same anymore.
Speaker 1: It is. But let's not take away from the fact the forty nine ers got beat by PJ.
Speaker 2: Walker.
Speaker 1: Now we can dress all this up, we can say this, We can say that that wasn't Patrick Mahomes on the other side, right, that wasn't one of these these these top flight quarterbacks on That was a journeyman quarterback. That's been on how many teams seven, eight, nine, ten, thirteen he's been on He's he's been on a host of different teams. Right, Oh my bad. That's Josh Johnson's been on all those teams. But he's been on teams, he's played, he's played in a lot of different league.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's who beat you. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But also you can't you can't discredit the defense. What the defense is able to do.
Speaker 4: You gotta understand now, the Brown defense they ring, they bring fourth in the league. They don't allow nothing but fifteen points. Fifteen points a game, right, fifteen points a game. I don't know what Jim Schorts is over there feeding them young fellas man, especially the secondary that god damn Denzel ward Man.
Speaker 1: Man, We'll see what they can do. When you can pressure, you can do a lot of things in the secondary. You can ask a lot of things. And Jim Schwartz is a pressure guy. He's gonna come now. He has Miles Garrett on one side, so they can bring They can generate pressure with a four. But Schwartz likes to bring pressure. He has no problem bringing pressure. And so in a situation like that, when you got a defense like like what the forty nine ers are, the last thing your quarterback can do is.
Speaker 2: Turn the ball all over. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, that's what got him in trouble is that when he turned the ball over and he gave him life. Right, So you now, all of a sudden you put that defen Hey, punt the ball. Hey, let's say, as long as we don't turn it over, they can't beat them. We make them make the mistakes, not us. Because here's the thing, oh Joe, and you know this very well. When you are a better team and you turn the ball over, one or two things happen. Either you go down to the level of the competition you play it, or you bring them up to your level. One of the two is gonna happen when you turn the ball over. And that's what we saw today.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I got another question for you real quick, because you understand the landscape a little better than me. I'm not sure the casual fan will understand what I'm asking, but I'm gonna ask you anyway, because you had the expertise. Do you think the Browns personnel, even with Debo and CMC going out, do you think the Browns personnel is fared much better than other teams to play against the forty nine ers as just like the Bills versus the Dolphins, the defense the personnel is better suited to play against the Dolphins, the same way the Browns were against the Eagles. See you think that comes into play a little bit.
Speaker 2: Just it. It does, But he didn't have it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Right, get I get you got a person that can, that can, that can, that can pressure your quarterback.
Speaker 2: First of all, they neutralize the run.
Speaker 1: They shut Christian McCaffrey off before he went out of the ball game.
Speaker 2: So now we shut the run off.
Speaker 1: Now we know you got to throw the football and we can pressure you. And so now what I debo? Now what I Christian McCaffrey. Now we've taken two of your most dangerous threats away. So now, really, who am I worried about worried about Kittle? I'm worried about you. I take I take, I take densel Ward.
Speaker 2: You got you.
Speaker 1: And now if I need to, I can roll. I can bracket kit vice or vice versus or vice versus. So that's that's what they were able to do because they they can away a lot.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 1: You take away see Matt, and you're taking away debo. Eagles go to the lose to the Jets, and Ojo, I've been telling you a lot of times. People are just concerned about the destination and they don't look think about the journey. I'm something like a meteorologist because I'm trying to predict because I'm seeing things now. I told y'all, I said, the whole year, I said, Jalen Hurts hasn't played well. They're winning.
Speaker 2: They're winning. They're winning.
Speaker 1: They're winning, I said, but winning masks a lot of things. I said, the worst, the worst thing you can do is win because of you. But we won, and I had to get out of that mindset. And again thanks to Mike Shanahan, because I remember I have one hundred first game nineteen ninety five Oho, we played the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: I had ten for one eighty open tonight.
Speaker 1: At the time, it was like the fourth or field best opening eight receiving game in history. And Steve Antonopolis, who the athletic trainer, came and tapped me on the shower the meeting and said, might want to see me so I fight. You know, hey, Mike, you know because I've had missed I had offseason surgery. I didn't get a chance to really do a whole lot in training camp. I like Mike was going it might go praise me because he had been riding me pretty hard because I wasn't in OTA's.
Speaker 2: I couldn't practice because I had surgery. He said, what's up? Eighty four? I said, hey, by how you doing you? I got somebody said, yeah, you know back, but give me some love.
Speaker 1: Hey, I was offensive play of the game, So you know I will get that love, right, I sit down, he said. He cut the tape on miss block O. Lord, not not a not getting in and out of my break? Say for He said, for it. That's not good enough, he said. He said, I'll never accept.
Speaker 2: Anything in a win. I wouldn't have a lost.
Speaker 1: Think about what I just said, Oh yoll he said, I will never accept anything in a win. I wouldn't have a lost. Had we lost that game, that effort wouldn't have been good enough. And if it's not good enough in a loss, it's not.
Speaker 2: Good enough in a win like that.
Speaker 1: That was nineteen ninety five, and I never forgot those words. I told y'all Jalen Hurst wasn't playing well, but because if he was winning, y'all let it skape. The man has more interceptions this year in six games than he had all of last year in seventeen. But now every time I try to tell you something, O Jo, we when you and I talk, you have.
Speaker 2: A level of expertise. I have a level of expertise.
Speaker 1: Yes, I try. I try to the viewer, the listener. What I try to do is says, look, I'm telling you. Through fourteen years and a lot of meetings and being around a lot of great minds, these are some mind fields that I see with my eye because when I watch the game, Oh Joe, I'm not seeing that. I don't care that they scored. I don't get excited when a team scored. I don't I need to know why. Okay, what did you do? What was the formation? Okay, what was the defense in? And so now I can analyze. Okay, this guy made a mistake. No, he made a mistake. He was supposed to be here. He was supposed to be there. And I've been trying to tell people. I say, guys, the record, I understand winning, winning, winning, but there are some mind fields that you're gonna get, You're gonna get blown up on on if you're not careful. And lo and behold it happened today twenty eight to forty five, two eighty one touchdown, three interceptions just for defense force four turnovers, had a couple of other interceptions that they dropped.
Speaker 2: Right, what did you see? What was? What was? What was one of the main takeaways that you took from this game?
Speaker 4: Well, what I took away from the game was obviously the defense Jalen Hurst didn't play well. At some point you're going to get a game like this and you say he hasn't been playing well. To your saying that, the standard that we hold of Jalen Hurst that went to the Super Bowl and just not not long ago, we hold him to a higher standard with him being one of the best. Obviously him getting a big, big deal, big big contract, all this, so a lot comes with that, a lot comes out. So, yes, they they've been able to mask some of the things that haven't been going well with him because they are winning, because you know, winn he cures everything. But yes, on the inside, some of the things that we can see as former players that have played the game, we can see the small holes or the small discrepant sees that will creep up on you and bite you and you know what, it happens.
Speaker 5: It happened tonight.
Speaker 4: The turnovers, obviously, if you were the betman, if he was a gambling man, anybody's gambling or betman.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they probably had the Eagles to win because they were playing the Jets.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm sure everybody lost some money.
Speaker 5: Everybody probably lost some money. Yes, But again, you know it needs to be fixed.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't need to go into in the detail on what it is, but you know it needs needs to be done.
Speaker 1: What the thing is is that when you play a team like the Jets, the little challenge offensively defensively is very very good. They pride themselves on taking the ball away. So in that mindset, don't turn it over, don't give them short feels, don't allow their crowd to get into the game, make them beat us, make them drive the football. Everything that I'm sure they talked about, they did the opposite. What did they do turned the ball up? What else did they do? Allow the team to get into it? And so you that now all of Zach Wilson has to do is now I don't have to. As long as I don't turn the ball over a give you scooping scores, we're gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 2: What's his name again, Zach Wilson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make sure you say a loud and proud to baby, Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. If they look.
Speaker 5: Nothing, you can say nothing.
Speaker 2: They won the game. They they won the game. Defense was no, no, no.
Speaker 4: We're not We're not gonna do that. Zach Wilson. Beat the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 5: That's what we're gonna say. Say it with me, say with me, say please with me.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Beat the Philadelphias in Buffalo game, the defense created four turnovers. In today's game, the defense created four turnovers and hold On against hold On against the Broncos, they created three turnovers.
Speaker 2: Is that what we're doing? So I just heard you.
Speaker 5: I just heard you say. Not long ago.
Speaker 4: P Walker beat the Savrancisco forty nine ers. Yes, okay, yes, So I need you to say it. I said with me. Please, don't say it with me. Don't fight me, just said Zach Wilson. Just say it with you, please, Zach Jack Wilson. Zack Wilson played well, he did put the ball. But what did I tell you?
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this now, this is the same argument I've been using against the Cowboys. What happens when they don't get four turnovers? What happens when they don't create short fields? Now, what have we seen? That's all I'm saying. Zach Wilson played well today. And when you're a better team, I think, from top to bottom, I think the Eagles are better team than the Jets. But when you turn it over, either you go down to their level or you bring them up to your level. But one of the two. Now you're playing on an equal field. And that's the last thing that you want to do. While we all love watching our favorite teams on television, there's nothing better than being at a game live and in person, sitting court side. Take it from me, and the best way to get tickets to any of these games is on game Time, the fast and growing ticket out in the US. Game Time is obsessed with finding ways to help you save money on tickets. You can find exclusive flash deals and sponsor deals on games and concerts daily, and with game Time guaranteed you'll always get the best price. If you find the tickets in the same section and row for less, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. So take the guests work out of buying tickets.
Speaker 2: With game Time.
Speaker 1: Download the game Time app, creat an account and redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again download game Time app. End of the code Nightcap that's inn I ghtcap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, Last minute tickets Lord's Price guaranteed.
Speaker 4: I like what Zach Wilson is doing. I hear what you're saying. But Zach Wilson is getting more and more comfortable week in and week out. What is being asked of Zach?
Speaker 2: Zach?
Speaker 4: We don't need you to be. We don't need you to be Aaron Rodgers to be. We don't need you to be Patrick Mahomes. We just need do to be efficient and dourn't turn the ball over today. Correct, It wasn't a huge game for him, nineteen to thirty three eighty six yards, but he's outplayed two of the best in the game. He's outplayed Hurts and they hadn't beat the Eagles what they were owing they were twelve.
Speaker 2: He's beat my homes and he be he didn't be home. What No, he didn't beat my homes. They lost, but he got played.
Speaker 4: You said I played I'll played okay, My bad, my bad, BD. That's that's that's why I was trying to go, I'm sorry, sorry, I sorry for mixed up.
Speaker 5: My bad, my bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And because because because he didn't, because the Eagles turned the ball over so many times, it neutralized them stopping the Jets in the red zone.
Speaker 2: The Jets went one for four in the red zone.
Speaker 1: And I'm not so sure that last touchdown Bill allowed him to score because they needed the ball back back with more time on the clock, right, But I'm not so sure because they didn't want to want them to bleed the clock and then kick a field goal and leave minimum time.
Speaker 2: Consentering.
Speaker 1: See, the thing is anything can happen, Anything can happen.
Speaker 2: We Seattle Seahawks have taught us nothing.
Speaker 1: You don't conceived that you don't see touchdownsand situations like that.
Speaker 2: But I thought the Jets, I thought the Jets played well.
Speaker 1: I thought the game was about to get away from them, and they make they created a big turnover, and so kudos to the Jets. Uh that defense is a Jet and they did that without Sauce and some of the other key contributed on the deferent side of the football. So right now, if you had to rank, give me your top three teams in the.
Speaker 5: NFC, top three teams in the NFC.
Speaker 1: Yes, Stilly, No no no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, San Francis.
Speaker 5: San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Still I still got de nighted of me.
Speaker 5: Let me, let me stop playing around now, because San Francisco, Philly.
Speaker 2: Is it is it?
Speaker 5: Can I put the Cowboys third? Should I put the Cowboy?
Speaker 1: But I'm a surprise you with my second team.
Speaker 2: I got the Lions. Oh, I got the Lion.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I got the Lions third. Then the Cowboys. Yeah, I got the third in the Cowboys, I got forty nine Ers, Lions, Eagles. Whoa, that's my top three?
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa? You got the Lion second.
Speaker 1: I got the Lion second. They've been impressing the very very impressive. I mean they went on the road and beat a and beat a hot team in Tampa. And Temple is playing well. I'm not saying TAMPAA world beaters, but they have been playing well very early in the season. So that's you know what, oh Joe, Really, that's all we can base it on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, now, it might be a situation that we look down the road and this game don't mean anything because one team is four and thirteen and the other team is five and five and twelve, and we say, hell, that win didn't mean nothing because they were terrible anyway. But at this junk sure Temple had been playing well, and they went on the road and held them the two and held them the two field goal. Uh, they went on the road Kansas City in the job. Jared Goff is playing extremely, extremely well. At some point in time, we might have to get Jered Goff from Love for the m v P. Yeah, you know, if I'm gonna sleep on it, and if I wake up in the morning and God spare he I'm in my right mind, God and say go on and put him in the m v P discussion, I'm gonna have to do that.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah. Did you see Tyreek celebration? I love it, I love it, I love it. That was.
Speaker 5: That was legendary. Yes, that was that was legendary.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's up there with one of the one of the best ever.
Speaker 1: Easy the man, hold on, check this out. Now, you know the NFL is gonna.
Speaker 2: Find it, right.
Speaker 5: I paid, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I paid. Oh yo.
Speaker 1: But you know the guy, you know, the guy that phoned that he used, Yeah, he works for the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's fine, the NF NFL. Hold on, check this out.
Speaker 1: The NFL had put it up on all of their platform right, and then they deleted it because how you gonna find How you gonna find a man that y'all promoting and y'all talk about YadA YadA YadA, but you turn it right and find it.
Speaker 2: So they deleted it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, this is an entertainment business. This is what the NFL needs to have a better understand. Obviously, during my day, myself too, Steve Smith and some others, we were having.
Speaker 5: A little too much fun.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, then the NFL realized, wait a minute, this is good for the game, the entertainment value of the game, drawing more eyes, making.
Speaker 5: It more valuable for those that are watching.
Speaker 4: Allowing people to want to see and come and see the game, to see certain players like Tyreek Hill do stuff like this. What's gonna happen when he scores? You never know, you never know what's gonna happen. And the funny thing, this is the one thing I want to say about fines This is one thing I want to say about finding Tyreek made a comment said, I don't play this game for the money. I play it for fun. And this is what the beauty of that is. And I need people to understand this. They find you obviously because they feel, well, there's only one way to keep these NFL players in line, and that is take what they think we value most, and that's your money for a game that were supposed to play and have fun and entertained. When they when taking the money doesn't work, that means they have no control over you and the way you play. That is so beautiful, so beautiful that Tybreek said what he said today, and I hope he keeps on doing it.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, oh Joe, when they want you to stop at what they do that make it so cost prohibitive, you have no choice but to stop because what they do, they'll find your seventy five hundred and they say every fine that comes after that, we're going to double it. So now it goes to fifteen, then it goes to thirty, then it goes to sixty, and now you're doing a celebration. They cost you five hundred thousand dollars, your agent and your management team will say, don't do that.
Speaker 4: You know, I think I think the Dolphins, the Dolphins front office just step in at that point. I think the Dolphins on front office step in at that point. Matter of fact, get to the point where tyrk we know what he should do. By the time I got to year seven. This is why Roger Godella and I have such a good relationship now, because I wasn't following no rules. I was finna have me some fun. We got about year seven and and I knew I had something coming up for that game. I was mailing a check in to the league office on Wednesday ahead of time before the game. And I know that really pissed him off. I know that pissed him off. Man, enjoy the game. Have fun, man. There's a very small win of opportunity to do what you do, and that's playing the game that you love that you worked your ass off to get to, obviously, to play at the pinnacle of your childhood dream.
Speaker 5: Do it just like this and have fun. Man.
Speaker 4: That that right there would never ever ever be forgotten.
Speaker 5: That is cemented.
Speaker 2: That was dope. Man.
Speaker 1: If you remember Joe Horn when he went and pulled out the cell phone.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He First of all, I did it. I did a celebration the week before, but I didn't actually have a phone. Right, I caught a three. I had a three touchdown game against the Chargers. Yes, and I went to the I went to the gold post and picked the phone, pretend like I was calling my granny right right, I got it, Yeah, yeah, gret I got another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all got that three up all the day. And I hung the phone up.
Speaker 1: Don't went and got an actual phone and putting out in the gold post. He's like, I know, amal scoring this here? Just just for safe, keep it and pull the phone out. The problem is, Oho, you know what's gonna happen. Somebody go order us door dash. Somebody order That's fine, and listen who order Uber? When I was playing right now, I order to be an uber. I said, look, come through the stadium, Hey, go through, go through the barriers and.
Speaker 2: Come pick me up on the field. Listen, I want a black car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I'm extremely creative. I'm just thinking about it. If I would have scored. You know how they have the team celebrations, you know the team you know everybody be doing stuff together. I would probably pull a fan. It would have to be fast. I would have probably have a fan come down and we do something together. Yeah, that would that would be That would be something that I would that dog the celebrations or did you see to remember the Titans from the Bengals, Yes, the Bengals did that?
Speaker 2: Remember the Titans?
Speaker 1: Things?
Speaker 4: Thought that, It's like, it's beautiful for the game. I just hope the NFL doesn't mess it up and realize it, realize what it does for the fans and people like myself. Like I played the game and I'm excited. Look how I'm talking. I'm hyped up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm thinking on you. I wish I could just I wish my legs like when I was young. It was thinking about it. Had you know, I could have jumped up there and pulled myself up on the gold posts and I'd have been sitting up on the gold post.
Speaker 5: You ain't got that kind of strength.
Speaker 2: Post with the peace side.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, you know how that gold post high as hell? Man?
Speaker 1: He it is high with the pants on to you. Hey, that got to be early. That got to be early. Now, Paul was cool. He wouldn't snap them fines on your cap quite like Roger would.
Speaker 5: Now, see, Roger had to come in with an iron fist.
Speaker 4: He had to come set the tone when he first came in, and he did just that, and I said, we know what, we're finna go at it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go I'm not.
Speaker 1: Starting Paul and gen I had Jean Paul and Jean Washing. It was a little bit more. They were like they were like, okay, okay, okay, right right, and listen.
Speaker 2: When y'all came along with Roger, I don't know who Rogers and Murton Hanks.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 2: That would iron fists.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Look the Dolphins, Uh, Tyreek eight hundred and fourteen yards and what five and six games?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 1: I'm crazy, dude plays for like twenty five dred receiver yards. I just don't know. Why would you bring why would you bring pressure? Played Tyreek in a bump position, you know, the ball.
Speaker 2: Going up to Tyreek.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what that was Dante, not Dante Dante. Ah, I got right right right, slipping my mind. It wasn't wasn't it wasn't quarters on that play, wasn't it was it pressure? So they had no choice. The safety had to come down and you need to get the tight end.
Speaker 2: I would play off.
Speaker 5: You would, Yes, you can't. That's not the way the defense works.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't change up. If you're bringing pressure, you got it. You gotta play up. And if you don't play up, they're gonna throw it to him quick and then what he gonna shake you?
Speaker 1: Hey? I was hey, I try to shout it, but oh, your hair is the thing. If you come up, if you open the door, flies to come in your house. He opened the door for tyree.
Speaker 2: Now what's that? Now, what's the likelihood?
Speaker 1: Okay, you three yards in front of him, you don't get the jam on him and you open the door.
Speaker 2: In two steps he's in front of you.
Speaker 1: Not what it's erect and literally in two steps. But there's really nothing you can do and nothing you can do.
Speaker 4: And obviously, if you're gonna play press, you got to at least try to get an.
Speaker 2: You got to.
Speaker 5: You got to.
Speaker 4: And if you if you're gonna strike up the band, you know what you just do. Pick a side and just be aggressive. Pick a side, pick aside and be aggressive. Most of the time, he releases outside anyway. So just listen, play a half a man outside, do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't let if anything on Joe because I understand because the general rule of thumb is that in in the if you go, if you come with the blitz anything any kind of pressure, you don't want to let him inside because that's the easy that's the easier throw.
Speaker 4: But that's not fair. You gotta change the rule based on him. Tyreek is special. He's in the category of his own. He's in the category of his own, especially when it comes to man the man or anything of that nature. And if you play off, it's a picky poison situation because if you bring a pressure and you play off, he gonna catch some short listen, take one move it, take one move, any going and then here, Yeah, if you press, it's the same thing.
Speaker 5: It's the same thing.
Speaker 1: When I remember earlier this year they said, I said Tyreek Hill is the most dangerous player.
Speaker 2: Regardless of position.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about offensive player, I'm talking about line back on talk about nobody strikes fear like this man, because like you said, he can take a five yard route.
Speaker 2: They're very few wide receivers that.
Speaker 1: Can take a five yard route and turn into an eighty yard spectacular or as we say, hit his head on the goal. Yeah he can do it. Yeah, he can do it from.
Speaker 4: Any anywhere on the field, anywhere the most dangerous. And that's including Aaron Donald, That's including Patrick Mahomes, that.
Speaker 1: Warner, Bobby who you name somebody.
Speaker 2: Nobody strikes more fear than this guy.
Speaker 4: This is one of the reasons when they always ask me, well, name your top five receivers.
Speaker 5: He's in a He's in the category of his own He's his own entity. Is he's his own special player?
Speaker 4: Yes, he just something else like when you know when they talk about me, you know how they talk about Messi. All right, I'm not trying to say he's messy. You know, for those that are watching, I'm just giving an analogy. Messi is as God given, like there's nothing that will never be anything like that. When I talk about Tyreek Hill, I put him in the conversation with Messi as in, you see some of the stuff he does on the field, Ye, it's like that's that's God given. Obviously with the work that he's also put in, it's he's crazy.
Speaker 1: He's when he first got into the league. Oh Joe he was a gadget guy. He was mainly a punk kick returner. They bring him in on third down, they flip it to him, but he put time in. He taught himself how to run the route treat. He's extremely dangerous because he can run every route on the tree.
Speaker 2: Everything if and with that kind of speed, We've never seen a guy.
Speaker 1: He's a he has track speed, but he's built like a football ball player. Most guys that have track speeds all they built like track guys.
Speaker 2: They frail.
Speaker 1: If you I don't know how many people have actually seen Tyreek in person, but if you see him, he's he's he's compact, he's one five and he's solid. He's solid as f So he's not like a typical like James Jed and Willie gall all the guy and Sam Graddy and I know, I'm going back to guys. But guys that normally that can run like he can run, they were freely built.
Speaker 2: He's exploded.
Speaker 1: Any guy that can turn that can stand flat for in turn of black flip black backflip is explosive. That lets you know, O, Joe, see that's what that's you see guy's vertical jump and broad jump that's explosive power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see the way he moves, he's I've never seen a guy eat up percushion like he can.
Speaker 4: And you know, the funny thing about it is not only is he explosive, not only is he fast, but he's right now fast.
Speaker 5: It's a difference.
Speaker 4: There are people that fast, but they get go, they get going like he right now.
Speaker 1: He instant, I mean right, Some guys have to build up exactly what you're talking about, yea, And he right that fast out the gate. And you see, he's that that type of guy. Most people run as fast as they can. He runs fast as you want to to see he got that kind of speed. I run faster, I want to you. You can't do anything with right right right? But he hey, if I mean to watch him and to see what he's become is just unbelievable. And he from the crib from Georgia Coffee County. I got to throw that in there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I always support the guys from the crib. So big takeaway. Let's get to your Bengals. I don't know Pete Carroll, Pete Carroll, just keep Pee Carroll like you know what.
Speaker 2: I don't want y'all.
Speaker 1: I want y'all to He's like, I don't want y'all to forget that I made the biggest bone head, dumbest play in the one hundred and four hundred and five year history. He said, what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do a couple of other ones. Oh ya, Why would you not take the field goal? Your defense had basically stemy the Bengals for the entire second half. I'm talking about shut him down. Why not take the field goal? You got the two many warnings and two timeouts. They go for it on fourth down, they don't get it. They three and out of them. They punt the ball now instead of needing needing a field goal to go down and win the game, need a touchdown.
Speaker 2: I just want to I just want to know. I just want to know.
Speaker 1: What Pete Carroll was thinking and Gino, Bro, can you stop retreating? I mean, every time Persson come you run back up. Bro, can you stop that? Sometimes just throw them all away? It's okay, yeah, Well you.
Speaker 4: Know you got you got you gotta get outside outside of.
Speaker 5: The tackle box.
Speaker 4: So you can't just throw it away now because you're gonna get intentional grounding. But again, I'm not a coach, I'm not Pete Carroll. I'm not sure what the logic is in those situations like that. Obviously it's clear for us to see sitting at home watching from TV as opposed as to it is for them. I think I'm sure Pete Carroll has adviseds especially on the situation and understanding what's going on and knowing that you know it will if I kick a field goal now I want need to touch down on the back end when we get them to three and out.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: I don't know where the thought puss say is and why he did what he did.
Speaker 1: Where the analytics guys? Where the analyst guy when they need him? Were the nerdy guy that couldn't? Where the nerdy the nerdy people because I don't want to leave anybody out people because they might be some women, they might be guys. So where are the nerdy people when you need them that couldn't play the sport? They say, you know what, I want to be involved in the sport.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you.
Speaker 1: If you go forward on fourth and three, there's a forty six percent chance that you win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's one hundred percent chance you're gonna lose. You don't get right.
Speaker 1: So I just want to know where are the people that are in his ear that's tend to peak. We kicked the field goal, we're still two minutes, there's still two we're outside of two minutes and we have two timeouts.
Speaker 2: Where are those people?
Speaker 4: I have no idea head coaches have.
Speaker 5: They have advisors, right, they have they have to have the eye and the start up there.
Speaker 2: Yes, telling you what what the challenge to challenge you should challenge? That is right right.
Speaker 4: Yes, at the end of the day, the call, it all comes down to the head coach making the call on what he on what he wants his offense to do.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I mean it's the Seahawks played tremendous football. I I I tweeted out earlier that they played extremely well. That god damn secondary. Devin Witherspoon.
Speaker 2: Lost over that and you lost them twenty five units. Hey do you remember that? And you had that bat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a bat And you know, I don't I don't mind losing it. I don't mind it. I took my glasses off for a reason. Because I know them boys gonna see this man. Y'all, y'all young young bulls out there, man Seattle man, Man, I take my glass off, Man, I salute you.
Speaker 5: They played a hell of a game, like for real.
Speaker 2: I don't even mind.
Speaker 5: I don't even mind losing.
Speaker 2: What I told you about spoo. What do they tell you about spoon?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, them boys played the hell of a game, like like real, real ship. And I'm cursing too, and I'm saved. They played the hell of a game.
Speaker 5: Man, God what.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: And and the coach and the coach trying to be a hero, try to say because you guess what they say.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 1: I got confidence in my defense, confidence in my office. That's what they always give you. I know this team. I looked them in the eye. I know how we practice. Yeah, they looking at you like, coach, tell your ass out the way and let us win this ball game. That's why they looking at you when you start it up there and you squat did the Prince conference and you try to impress the media members. I look those guys in the eye every single day. I know what they're made of. They say, yeah, we know you made up to some bullge.
Speaker 4: Eye now and you should say he's look at me the what and I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he go out there.
Speaker 1: I look those guys in the eye every single day and they would tell you I do it again.
Speaker 2: Know you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Before I continue you, I want to thank everybody tonight that's watching tonight. Please hit the button below and subscribe. And I promise you this. We're gonna get my WiFi. There's a little lag, but we're gonna have that fixed by tomorrow. So when we come to you tomorrow night after the Cowboys are Chargers game, we'll have that ready.
Speaker 2: Colorado Stamford.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Colorado jumps out to a big lead, twenty nine zero.
Speaker 2: And what happened.
Speaker 4: Second half? Obviously it was up twenty nine zip. Second half. You got to keep your foot on the gas. Not only do you have to keep your foot on the gas, the penalties, the penalties, the penalties, the penalties, or we're a killer. There was also a killer obviously not being able to stop the offense in the second half as well. Thirteen thirteen what who Elick elic Ayana Moore wait a a Maynor?
Speaker 2: Did I say it right? I don't know what you said.
Speaker 1: All I know is he had a pot and he was cooking everybody else. He had a pot out there on the field and he was cooking everybody a leak.
Speaker 2: Are you a man?
Speaker 1: Or that he had thirteen? You give some, you get some. He's that will stir fry you. I'm all grill you. Other rolls you, I will fry you. I mean he would getting everybody at work.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: I didn't know anything about him until I was able to watch that game. He had thirteen catches for two and ninety five yards and three tds. If if we didn't know about him, then we know about him now. And we know about him now. He put himself on the map. Put yourself on the map that.
Speaker 1: Night, oh Joe, And I'm probably gonna catch him flag from there.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it.
Speaker 4: Think about it first, Think about it first. For you said it, I am think about it first. Disciplined penalty is a discipline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: I know what coach says publicly and I know what he says privately because I've had this conversation with him. We went to the hall together in twenty eleven. Yes, me and that man talk up until probably he got to Colorado. We would talk sometimes two three times a week, so I know what he's trying to get done. But right now Colorado is a very undisciplined football team, and it's hard to overcome those type of mistakes. Is you've got to get out of your own way, and right now they're not getting out of their own way. And that's that's frustrating. Points forget the defense. I don't care but the defense because guess what when they score seven, guess what they.
Speaker 2: Kick the ball off to you.
Speaker 1: You can go back down the field and score also, but this, they've got to do a better job.
Speaker 2: They've got to fix that.
Speaker 1: And and coach and coach coach Prime get up after every press conference and he say penalties, penalties, penalties. Now something is getting lost in translation. Either the message that you're getting is not is not being received or how you how you're delivering the message isn't being received. But something there's a disconnect somewhere because you can't keep having double digital penalties and expect to win these games.
Speaker 2: Right, don't. I don't think that.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's a disconnect.
Speaker 4: I think the moments like this are new for these kids, the situations that they're in, the lights, the program that the new the new found stardom, or whatever it may be. At times you have to find a happy medium of calmness and relax and I call it what I call it be in a situation like this when when you're in a game of that magnitude, I call it being quick but not in a hurry. When you when you quick and not in a hurry, you don't make mistakes. You don't you don't make those kind of mistakes that they're making. And I'm talking about from an individual position. For me playing receiver, I really can't speak for anybody else. I think about shador had A had a very very good game.
Speaker 2: Had make two mistakes he made. But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If he makes that throw, he has Travis wide open on thirty six. He makes that throw, that's the first down they killed the clock. And then he has to realize in sudden death, you can't throw the ball up because now you prevent your team from getting an opportunity that at three.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make them kick it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make them score touchdown to beat me and not kick a field goal.
Speaker 2: So that's the.
Speaker 1: One thing, Like I said, the one throw he played phenomenal up until that third down throw missed him. He just missed him. And then the the heed you have to you have to understand. Okay, this is sudden death. This is different than the third quarter. This is different than the fourth quarter. Now because sudden depth. We've already this is our possession. We don't get points out of this. They get points, they win. So that's something I'm sure Coach would talk to him about, not just as a coach, but as as a father and a son, because you know, on the field, I'm talking to you as a father, as a son, I mean, as a player.
Speaker 2: But at home, Hey, this is what I want you to understand.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure he'll probably call Tom and Tom Brady will tell him the same thing because they text, they speak frequently, and those are some of the things that he's gonna have to know, have to know. Also, this Travis Hunter playing too many snaps. He thinks, so the guy was out, Oh Joe, the guy was out for a month. You're gonna have him out for a month and bring it back and play them over one hundred snaps did you see? And it impacted him on both sides of the football.
Speaker 4: I mean, let me see, he was out a month. That's that's hard to say. That's hard to.
Speaker 2: Say, is oo? Think about it? Oo's let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: I could I understand he's talented, but if you if, if you, if you burn him too much.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been in game competition in LAMA.
Speaker 4: Is easy for us to say on the outside. It's easy for us to say on the outside that he's playing too many snaps. I mean, I think he knows.
Speaker 2: You haven't played in the mart.
Speaker 4: I mean what was he doing before before that? He was still he would play. He had a high vallua the game. Think about now you playing in the game, so you play it every week? You know, I don't know have you have you ever missed it? Have you missed any game during the season? No, no, sir, Let me ask your question.
Speaker 1: When you come out of the preseason that first game was the Dickens, wasn't it? Even though you have been practicing. You have been doing all that. So imagine now think about it. You've been practicing, So imagine taking a month off and you say, how many players are they in the game?
Speaker 5: Sixty seventy sixty seventy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna add forty five to fifty to that workload.
Speaker 2: Now tell me how you gonna feel.
Speaker 4: Damn it's oh man, that's a that's a tough one. That's a tough one because I think playing.
Speaker 1: Too many snaps Washington, O Joe, they was hunting. They was hunting him on the defensive side, O Joe. He's your best cover guy and they're hunting him. Why because the legs you played hold on, Ojo, and this this one, you're gonna say, Okay, you're right, you're right. They're playing him one hundred plus snap at altitude. That's not Miami, that's Denver, Colorado. Where they send you to go train. The Olympic training facility is in Colorado. They send you to go there because the blood, because the oxygen.
Speaker 4: I have a question, are we are? We are we panicking a little bit too fast? A little bit because listen, he lived with stay with say with me. He was playing a high volume a stap before and were playing well on both sides of the ball. When he picked off the ball, when he picked off the ball against you see, you would pick up the ballgainst TCU, he was playing the same number of snaps. So how about just this game, the person playing in front of him just got the better of him this one time. Just that What if he comes back next week and it's right back and putting those same situations and picks the ball off or scrolls and all.
Speaker 1: If you come back when next week, that means he has he had a week up under his belt.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: When you picked that ball for TCU, was he coming off of injury and missing the month of the season.
Speaker 5: You're right, you're right, you're right, You're right, You're right, right.
Speaker 4: But I'm just thinking, like when I was a shorty, when I was that age, about you know how we run all day? You talk about where we run all day in his football. It's still fun. So we don't even see it as a workload.
Speaker 2: We see this.
Speaker 5: This is what we do. This is what I do both sides.
Speaker 1: Of a think about even Charles Woodson that won the Heisman didn't play this many snaps, right, and he won the Heisman doing it.
Speaker 4: Remember, this is this is a different dynamic, different team. This is this is this is different.
Speaker 5: That's Michigan.
Speaker 2: Like I said, champ champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Colorado has seventeen penalties for one hundred and twenty seven yards. Several of those penalties kept drives alive. And they had four one two three four illegal substitutions. You can't play with twelve. I've tried to figured the sport that you can have twelve men on the field. I think soccer, you could have baseball you can have nine? How many of them? How many on soccer?
Speaker 2: Eleven? Eleven?
Speaker 1: Football level? So what sport can you have twelve men? Volleyball you can't have twelve. So I've tried to figure the sport. So why the hell y'all keep trotting out of extra main?
Speaker 5: Then small small, small eras small eras small area.
Speaker 1: Jo, if you rear in somebody four times, you can't drive, damn it one time. I understand when you running the back of somebody for them for a different occasion, you can't drive.
Speaker 2: Bro Right, You're right, You're right. Listen.
Speaker 5: First year, that's all I can say.
Speaker 4: First year, what we expected out of Colorado with everybody doubting them and where they are and what they're doing. Man, listen, I got nothing but high praise and proper but not just Prime, but for everything they're doing right now, base I want oh.
Speaker 1: Cho I want him to win that game because I want him to get the six wins so they can go bowling.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, I want him to go bowling. Okay, you're right, You're right, You're right. That's what that's that's that's what I want him to win.
Speaker 1: You got to cut like you said, you've got to cut down on the mistakes. You can't have that. Yes, Coach Prime, he he said it before he's came. He came on first take and said that. He said, I need seven eight more dogs. He probably need three. He probably need three or four of those dogs on the D line. He probably needs three, three on them offense, three or four on the offensive. And then he'll get a rap because he got the skill players. The skill players, especially on the offensive side, can make plays. Now, there's some guys gonna have to understand situation and angles to play, because.
Speaker 2: Look, you can't give up a ninety seven yard touchdown. You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't give up a sixty yard touchdown with a guy catched the ball on one side and breaks it all the way back across the other side, score touchdown. You can't have that. But the penal is seventeen pinals to get your beat. Yeah, they'll get your beat. And but it was, it was. It was a great game. Forty six forty three, double overtime.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Like if every game, if every game was like that, every collegiate game was like that, it'd be that much better, that much better as opposed to the team just blowing everybody out each week, especially the top dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even even we saw what happened with SC and they're terrible defense. Yeah you know what, Oh Joe, I know you. You saw the game DK, And I've talked to DK publicly and I've talked to him privately. Bro, you gotta you gotta stop the you gotta stop the unnecessary stuff.
Speaker 2: Brobby want you okay, by shoving the guy in his face mask.
Speaker 5: Trying to intimidate him, trying to intimidate him, that's all trying to fifteen you cut yourself fifteen yards, I want, I want. Maybe you thought the ref wasn't looking you think so?
Speaker 1: Oh yo, Remember I tell you how you in the wide open you can't do you gotta do stuff in a pile. You got to do stuff in a combined or congested area. Now you can get away. But if you right there, he the dB right there, and you shoved the man with both hands or.
Speaker 2: One hand in his face, they're gonna throw flag. Every time.
Speaker 4: I wonder Britt said something to him to get him getting riled up like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, all that talking, see they used to But you do know old show in the course of a game, I can get your ass back and make it look like a play.
Speaker 2: Get your back, but make it look like a play. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about it, if if if Britt really got in his head to once again in your head like that mentally, and it causes you to react like that, you're not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you lost the war. You lost. Guess what.
Speaker 1: Guess what everybody said, Hey man, you know what, I'm gonna say something because that's like the second or third time that that's happened, So clearly that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Bro, you too good.
Speaker 1: Just hey, go score on it, Go score on it, and say Nazi every time you keep running your mind.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm gonna do to you, right right, right right right, oh man?
Speaker 1: But uh D can't sit after the game he didn't hear the whistleblower the play there, so he countinue to block the guy.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love.
Speaker 1: D Hey you don't want kind of lie out there, so that.
Speaker 2: When he hit the whistle, Yeah, he said, he hit the whistle, Say you don't he I like it, I like it, I love it. Thank you guys for watching.
Speaker 1: Please click that subscribe button to make sure you get the lyrics and notifications that every time Nightcap is on. I'm your favorite UNC Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five Chad o Cho Senko Johnson will be back here tomorrow night after the Dallas Cowboys Los Angeles Chargers.
Speaker 2: We're out Call me if you need me.
Speaker 5: My number is still a saying