Speaker 1: Your execute on the donkey of the day is something to the hole reason he.
Speaker 2: Gave me donkey of other day, and I deserve that.
Speaker 3: You need to know. You need to tell them. I am you tell them it's time for donkey.
Speaker 2: It's a reason.
Speaker 3: But you're so good at charlamagne.
Speaker 4: You know what you wants charlamage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, solomme.
Speaker 4: Who do you give the dunky other day to them?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Donkey today for Friday in March, first goes to Gary pel Nick. Okay, Gary is the CEO of Kellogg's. Yes, Kelloggs, the home of your favorite cereals. Okay, everything from fruit loops, the frosted Flakes, corn pops to apple Jacks.
Speaker 3: Gary is the man with the plan behind all of that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Some of y'all listening to me right now, and you just poured some two percent over a bowl.
Speaker 3: Of rice Christies for the kids. Okay, they should be drinking all my milk. But I digress. Now, I've told you all a million times that America does not know how to solve problems.
Speaker 2: And one of the biggest problems, if you ask me, the biggest problem they don't know how to solve is poverty.
Speaker 3: Okay, people with money.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you a billionaire, millionaire, even a thousand are folks do not understand what is happening with the poor.
Speaker 3: In this country, especially if you've never been poor.
Speaker 2: Okay, the wealthy, the rich, the middle class, they have no idea what is happening with the poor in this country. And it's the latest statement from Gary Pilnick, the CEO of Kelloggs Pruves It. He appeared on CNBC's Squawk on the Street and he said that poor families shou'd eat cereal for dinner.
Speaker 5: Listen, the cerial category has always been quite affordable and it tends to be a great destination.
Speaker 6: When consumers are under pressure.
Speaker 5: So some of the things that we're doing is first messaging, We got to reach the consumer where they are. So we're advertising about cereal for dinner. If you think about the cost of cereal for a family versus what they might otherwise do, that's going to be much more affordable. The other places that we like to go is we talk about making sure we have the right pack at the right price in the right place. So having a different size pack that'll have a different price point, that'll take some pressure off the consumer while they're shopping.
Speaker 6: So those are some of the things that we're doing. But general, the cereal.
Speaker 5: Category is a place that a lot of folks might come to because the price of a bowl of cereal with milk and with fruit is less than a dollar.
Speaker 6: So you can imagine where a consumer underpressure might find that to be a good place to go, right.
Speaker 5: I'm all for innovation and marketing, but the idea of having cereal for dinner.
Speaker 6: Is there the potential for that to land the wrong way? We don't think so.
Speaker 5: In fact, it's landing really well right now, Carl. When we look at all of our data, of course, we would know that breakfast cereal is the number one choice for in home consumption.
Speaker 6: We understand that for breakfast.
Speaker 5: It turns out that over twenty five percent of our consumption is outside the breakfast occasion, a lot of it's at dinner, and that that occasion continues to grow, as well as the snacking occasion. But cereal for dinner is something that is probably more on trend now and we would expect to continue as that consumer is underpressure.
Speaker 2: Ao Guary Pilnick, I need you to shut the f up forever, Okay, shut your rich, privileged, disconnected ass up.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, two things are wrong with this statement.
Speaker 2: And Gary, you would notice if you decided to actually have conversations with the people you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Poor people been eating cereal for dinner.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've been eating breakfast for dinner, and not because we wanted to, all right.
Speaker 3: And how about this.
Speaker 2: The cereals some of us had to eat for dinner wasn't even Kellogg's, you know.
Speaker 3: Why, because we couldn't afford it.
Speaker 2: Great value everything, all right, star brand everything. We couldn't afford rice chrispies, so we had the toasted rice, all right. We didn't have Kellogg's frosted flakes. We had great value frosted flakes. It's a difference between Kellogg's frosted flakes, okay, because they had Tony the Tiger, great value frosted flakes. Had a polar bed who didn't even have a name as far as I knew. Okay, And he might not have even been a real polar bear because he had ski goggles on gloves and a scarf having the way that defeats the whole purpose of being a polar bed, So he might not have even really been one Kellogg's raisin brand. They had the sun on the box, great value raising brand does not you know why, because the sun don't.
Speaker 3: Shine on the poor in this country.
Speaker 2: The nerve of Gary Peilnick to tell poor people to eat cereal for dinner.
Speaker 3: This is why I say America doesn't know how to solve problems.
Speaker 2: This is the CEO of a fortune five hundred company and the only thing he can come up with in regard to the people being hungry in this country if they should consider eating cereal for dinner. And guess what, Gary, sadly you know we're already doing that. Okay, if folks have to eat cereal for dinner, they probably gonna still be eating Great Value, not Kellogg's, because Kelloggs is still too expensive. I grew up in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, single wide trail of dirt road and months going to South Carolina, and Kellogg's anything was a luxury. Okay, it was a luxury then. And guess what prices have risen to twenty eight percent over.
Speaker 3: The last four years.
Speaker 2: People can't even afford to eat what you suggested to eat, at least not your brand.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen to me.
Speaker 2: Greg Kellogg's latest financial reports. And you know this because you're the CEO of the company. The company's current revenue is over fifteen billion dollars. Okay, they made that in twenty twenty two, and that was an increase over twenty twenty one, when they made over fourteen billion more. All of the story is they make crazy paper. How about take some of that money and use it to help the poverty problem in this country. Y'all make more than enough money to be a part of some type of real solution, and you should, because overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity.
Speaker 3: It is an act of justice.
Speaker 2: It is the protection of a fundamental human right, the right to dignity in a decent life. You know who said that, Nelson, Mother freaking Mandela. Y'all got all the money, all the resources, and you're telling me the best idea you got is for folks to.
Speaker 3: Eat sereal for dinner.
Speaker 2: I got a question for Gary and other rich people in positions of power who have the ability to at least attempt to solve some of America's problems. How long y'all gonna keep playing in poor people's faces? How long before poor people get fed up and come to snatch your plate. You making millions, You run a company making billions, and you tell poor people they need to eat serial for dinner, even though poor people.
Speaker 3: Are way ahead of you and been doing that.
Speaker 2: How long are you gonna play with people's problems and not come up with salutes? Because I'm telling you, America, we are right where a great black philosopher by the name of Tupac or Marrowoshi Court told us we would beat in this greedy ass capitalist society.
Speaker 3: Let's listen.
Speaker 7: If I know that in this hotel room they have food every day, and I'm knocking on the door every day to eat, and they tell and they open the door, let me see the party. Let me see like they're throwing salami all over the I mean, just like throwing food around. But they're telling me there's no food in me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Every day I'm standing outside trying to sing my way in. You know what I'm saying, We are hungry. Please let us in. We hung we please let us say. After about a week that song was gonna change.
Speaker 6: That we hungry.
Speaker 7: We need some food. After two three weeks, it's like, you know, give me in the food we righting out of the door. And after a year and just like you know what I'm saying, I'm picking the lock, coming through the door, blasting.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's like you're hungry, you reach your level, you don't want anymore. We asked ten years ago, we was asking with the Panthers. We was asking with them, you know, a civil rights movement who was asking? You know now now those people that were asking, they're all dead and in jail. So now what do you think we're going to h ask?
Speaker 2: Please give Gary Pelnick, the CEO of Kellogg's, the biggest sea hull.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me you can't do nothing. Okay.
Speaker 2: I got a partnership with the Food Bank and hallerm. You can go to Food Bank and YC dot org right now to make a doordination. They give away one hundred thousand meals a month right there in Harlem, okay, and and groceries to people.
Speaker 3: One dollar provides ten meals. Okay.
Speaker 2: So if I'm in partnership with them, imagine what Kelloggs could do.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm not gonna no, damn.
Speaker 2: SUREU Okay, that's because we got food out there. Lu the Wilend Daughters catering, you know, for providing food. You know, got everybody in here getting their back big. Yes, we got just back big or back small, whatever I'm gonna eat.
Speaker 3: And we got jerk wings. Is jerk? What is it?
Speaker 2: Er?
Speaker 3: Chicken wings? Macaroni and cheese. They got two guys of macaroni cheese. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's go through the airwaves.
Speaker 3: Make everybody damn all right, all right, we.
Speaker 2: Just talked about people not having been able to afford food to stop.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: When I was listening to the radio trying to get what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, right, he was talking about broke meals right when people can't afford it?
Speaker 3: What meals do people use?
Speaker 1: And he was saying that Cereal should be talking about big mac coming in.
Speaker 3: Why why? Why? Why? God damn that you became a little rider. Listen, what was the reason?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: Just to let you know, they got tater charts two and then they got two different types of mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I heard just talking about it, So they don't matter. You don't need the rest of the me You had to come in here and just come up. You don't need the rest of the eight hundred five and five one o five one. We're asking, we're talking about meals that people can use.
Speaker 3: It's inflation.
Speaker 1: We're calling it the broke meals, the broke meals that.
Speaker 2: People eating us luthor Colleen, which she has a great podcast called Eating while Broker. I was gonna say, isn't that a podcast? Yes, on the black Heart Radio podcast networks the phone lines, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Like broke meals. I don't like the way that's sound. Got affordable meal aff.
Speaker 6: Is crazy.
Speaker 1: Don't keep doing that eight hundred five eight five one five one. I know as a kid, my cousin when music to go Grandma's house is Staris City in Brooklyn. He used to eat ketchup sandwiches. That was his thing. He'd like ketchup sandwich. It wasn't expensive. You can just a little ketchup bread cook go uh peanut butter and jelly noodles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great meals that.
Speaker 2: There's a woman in this room right now who came over to my house and it was amazing.
Speaker 3: Food on the table She was like, no, I want noodles. This is nasty. Their name say she from Baltimore. You know what I'm saying. You knowles, that's what I want.
Speaker 4: If you spread out the peanut butter and jelly, just do jelly sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Then you can save the peanut butter for the next week.
Speaker 2: So now that's two weeks and go run around the station or something around the station.
Speaker 4: You get a peanut butter sandwich, and then the next week you got a jelly sandwich.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's talk about affordable meals. Sometimes you gotta put things together. It ain't much in your cabinet, and you put things together to make sure you satisfy your stomach. Now, big Mac, and you gotta do a lot to satisfy your stomach. But that's what we're talking about. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. What are those meals? Let's discuss it's breakfast slogo Morning.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lambing stuff.
Speaker 3: Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side.
Speaker 2: If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up in the morning breakfast club,