Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be here in for Dan Patrick, the Great, Dan Patrick the Great, not the Great, Dan Patrick, Covino and Rich us Up Steve Covino, Rich Davis, Danny g Super producing on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, Mark Ramsey on the ones and twos, Our Boys, Spotty on the videos Everything at Covino and Rich Live from the Mercedes Benz Studios. I'm on the East Coast, visiting the family, gaining weight, eating Christmas cookies, but we all do because it's the ain't quite of the holiday season, that space between Christmas and New Year's. Happy bleated Christmas, Happy Hanukah and Rich, Yes, get to your feedback, but we got to talk the games yesterday. There's some games and some shows tonight. But the only downside about traveling on Christmas Day, I mean, it's Christmas Day. I don't want to be traveling, but I want to see my family, right, It's the price you pay when you live on the other side of the country. Sometimes you got to go visit your family. I'm on the plane, I'm on United and I'm thinking to myself, well, I get to watch the games only because I forgot, just kind of forgot for a second that the games were on.
Speaker 3: Netflix and I couldn't watch them.
Speaker 2: So couldn't watch them on the plane, which was complaint number one from me. But I did have Wi Fi, so throughout the day, you know, throughout the flight from LA to Noork or as we say, NRK Nork, you know, I'm looking at the scores. I'm like, not very competitive. So my interest because again the Chiefs stopped the Steelers. The Ravens stomped Houston thirty one to two. That's not even a game. But the other side stories were the halftime shows and I'm just reading so much smack and for.
Speaker 3: Me, people the worst dude. Yeah, but it was very divided.
Speaker 2: I thought it was very fifty to fifty, again based on my weak ass Internet connection I had on the plane.
Speaker 3: I think that the world is full of.
Speaker 4: Just straight up haters that hate anything.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It's the point now where it's almost laughable, where every buffoon, because of social media, has a voice that you could think something was fantastic. You'll go on social media and it's just a bunch of people. And I always want to be like, who are you?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 4: What do you bring to the table, because I can promise you based on your little profile picture, you look at you stink?
Speaker 3: Are you saying a hater's gonna hate Danny J. This reminds me. You know, Rich and I have been on the air for twenty years now, right, so we have lots of stories, lots of moments to makes a sound old. I gotta, I gotta. I didn't say in the bedroom, you're weirdo. We have lots of wild stories.
Speaker 2: In fact, we're gonna discuss the wildest stories of twenty twenty four sports stories later on the show, plus Old School with fifty hits.
Speaker 3: We throw it back on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: But I remember one day Rich said just let him let him run with this conversation.
Speaker 3: He's like, Cavino, I got it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, what do you want to talk about? He goes, I got it. There's two types of people in life. I'm like, all right, so we don't know where he's going with this conversation. And he acted like he had the greatest point there ever was, and he goes.
Speaker 5: I've been thinking about a guy. Jesus, I got a really hot take here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I swear to you he said this, Oh you know how annoying you guys are because you're bringing this up spot who was like a sleep in his chair two minutes ago, he like popped up, put his headphones on, like, oh, let's make some wratchet.
Speaker 3: I had to bear witness to this. He knows who mines.
Speaker 4: Two minutes ago he had left over Christmas cookies and he was sleeping with a lot on his belly.
Speaker 3: And that was that. He pops up and he's like, let's go just in time has entered the chat. Well you know what this spot was there when you did this.
Speaker 2: And he knows that I'm speaking the truth, But he acted Danny g. What's funny about it is he acted like he was about to make the greatest point there ever was.
Speaker 3: Yes, he had a stephen a hot take.
Speaker 6: He's like, guys, I'm about to break the internet with my statement here.
Speaker 5: But I rich, David, I'm here to say that Taylor Swift is right.
Speaker 2: He said, Taylor Swift is right, and I'm about I'm already tuned out because I'm like, what is he even talking about? Okay, Taylor Swift is right about what this is pre Kelsey, this is a.
Speaker 3: While she's right about cashmere sweaters.
Speaker 2: He's like, Taylor Swift is right, and I'm like, Okay, the world's on the edge of their seat to hear this amazing point.
Speaker 3: He goes, there's.
Speaker 2: Really when you think about it, guys, there are two types of people and they're like, okay, he goes, when you think about it, the player it's gonna play.
Speaker 5: Like play play, and a hater it's gonna eat hate, hate, hate facts.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, yes, right, there's two types of people like that. That's your point. That was my point. That was his point. You're either a player or a hater.
Speaker 5: You what are you be daling now?
Speaker 4: No, it's a better way. There's two types of people that are doing it. One type of person, you know, living their life doing big things.
Speaker 3: You're reading lyrics or that, and.
Speaker 5: Other people's gonna play play, play, play play.
Speaker 3: Some people are doing big things.
Speaker 4: Others are just sitting on the sidelines being haters that are hate hate hating.
Speaker 3: So you know what, I'll go back to my point from a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: You asked, clowns there are two types of people, because yesterday on Netflix, I thought they delivered as good of a product as you could for a first run at the NFL. They compiled right announcers Iron Eagle from CBS, who we love. Greg Olsen was on one of the games from Fox. We talked about how he's tops yer Rosie Perez there for no reason. No, that's just that's only fight spots, only fights. But they had Kay Adams, who I'm a big fan of. Mina Kimes did great. They had RG three and Mantiteo. It was like a youthful halftime show. I thought they had decent chemistry. I was not hating at all. I thought the graphics, the coverage clearly all freelance from NBCCBS, Amazon and NBC. But they put together a really good product for their first shot at it NFL. On Netflix, I think, yeah, there was some little eye rolliness in the pushing of other Netflix properties, like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like forced Netflix promos were a little much like.
Speaker 4: Hey, look there's uh, you know, there's John Hamm. What's going on John Hamm. I'll tell you what's going on my new Netflix show.
Speaker 2: Yeah there was, But is that just over analyzing and hyper awareness because you know, it's the first time it's on Netflix, Because.
Speaker 3: You have to keep that in mind. Rich is right about that.
Speaker 2: Rich better point already here on Fox Sports Radio, Hay.
Speaker 3: If you weren't haway, that means you were playing right, No, concause I think the other networks.
Speaker 7: I think the other networks coveno, they know how to kind of ease into those promos and just show the actor like in attendance and then mention it. And when we're used to like Jim Nance's voice or a voice doing that. But let's go to the sideline and then they interview somebody for the Netflix show and the Netflix show promos popping up.
Speaker 3: It just felt like it was pushed in our face.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a little batch.
Speaker 4: I know you're saying, like Jim Nance would be like, welcome back to NFL on CBS. I'll look at there, there's Jim Parsons. Don't forget Monday Nights exact Big Bang Theory on CCREBO is like that. You're used to that in the past. This was a blatant let's talk about our hottest properties on Netflix. Hey, look, does Nate BARGHESI, Hey, you know my new stand up special, Like it was pushed, but I thought it was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think.
Speaker 2: Crossovers, cross promos. But again, you already said it, first run at it. You look at anybody's first run on anything, it's never gonna be where it's at.
Speaker 3: Now, first run at it. Let's think of the positive.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it all to you, rich because I wasn't able to watch because it was on a flight. But from the flight looking in, when you talk about that cast, if you have complaints about menachimes, I think, hey, k Adams balances that out right, They balance each other, right, I thought. I think they're both great. I think Greg Golds is great. RG three is great. I think that whole cast, like you said, I think if you want to focus on the positives, I think they're great and they're only going to get bat We.
Speaker 4: Always talk about the world loves to hate as a first instinct. Might one might say hate, hate hate. It's our default setting and it is bad because it's like, oh, that's stunk. I really want you then tell me what really stuck about it? What Kay Adams, who was fantastic? What if you do DraftKings or FanDuel one of her shows, right, she was on the NFL Network she's good, mean to Collams, ESPN talented and I really thought RG three and meant Titeo, you know, brought like a fun youth to the set.
Speaker 3: And it was only the halftime.
Speaker 4: In pregame, they had a couple Netflix celebrities spiced in here and there, and I thought, I an Eagle made the funny joke when he.
Speaker 3: Was with JJ Watt and who else was he with?
Speaker 4: And he said, Hey, if you're turning into Netflix, I know, right, the Stranger Kid the Stranger Things kids got old real quick.
Speaker 3: He even made a like a fun liner. I thought it was great Beyonce.
Speaker 4: People are saying that was better than some of the halftime shows of Super Bowls passed.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was cool. Again, I only saw highlights. I got to make that very clear. So I'd love to hear from the opinions of the Fox Sports Radio Dan Patrick Nation eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 3: Because the feedback on social media was split.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool that post belone came out, but I did hear that it wasn't that good. Like there's a lot of questions posed of hey, what did you think of these performances, and those questions are posed because not everybody was feeling good.
Speaker 4: As the phrase goes, opinions like buttholes. Everyone's got one and most of them staking.
Speaker 3: Always reading lyrics. Again, no, it's opinions are like podcasts. Everybody got one.
Speaker 7: I think there would have been less criticism if the games were more competitive, because overall it left a little bit of a bad taste for Christmas Day because we were hoping for some good matchups.
Speaker 3: G buh bam.
Speaker 2: That was like when I was getting at If the games were competitive, they were good, you don't think there would be less complaints about what was going on. Look what they had to work with here, two boring games. In reality, they were just trying to polish a turd.
Speaker 3: These games were not competitive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean score of sixty to twelve, twenty nine, ten, and thirty one two. The games were not competitive, no doubt, in fact, no diggity, no doubt. But I think Netflix as a whole. You turned on your TV, you're smart TV. There was you clicked on Netflix. As soon as you clicked on Netflix, they gave you the live option. Hey we're doing NFL today, Boom play, you can rewind, fast forward stop.
Speaker 3: There was no weird. It was even easy for your parents to find, is what you're saying, no doubt. And again they.
Speaker 4: Hired out some big guns, Iron Eagle, Gara, greg Olsen. They had some familiar faces from ESPN, from Fan Duel and DraftKings, and all the networks had their own little way of throwing one or two of their guys or girls in. I thought it was great, and anyone that hated it truly was just the type of person that's instinct is to just pounce and hate hate.
Speaker 3: Remember there's players and haters. Jey Switch is right, you know.
Speaker 2: Let me let me read what you actually said, just to get the phones going, because we're going to you now. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. As an observer on a plane, all I saw was a lot of split people on this Rich is saying it was really good, especially for a first run. He said, Netflix killed it. Everybody sucks. That's what you said, and I want you to stick to that.
Speaker 3: I think Netflix did.
Speaker 4: Like, if you are part of the Netflix production, you got to be waking up today saying, hey, listen, we had four Marquee teams, two trash games. But as far as the coverage, the graphics, who we freelanced from Fox, CBS, ESPN. We put together a quality product. We brought Beyonce in to do the halftime show, where again my algorithm showed more people loving Beyonce than hating Beyonce. And it's wild to see back to back comments on Twitter or Instagram or TikTok where one person could be like better than any halftime show in the last decade, and then other people were like trash.
Speaker 3: I thought the overall.
Speaker 4: Production, the only thing I thought suck butt cheeks was Mariah Carey.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you why you gotta say deflated but cheeks if you're gonna say that.
Speaker 4: The only thing that was the equivalent of whack ass deflated butt cheeks was my interpretation of something. And I'm wondering if you could think of other examples of when something was advertised and you're like, that's not what.
Speaker 3: I thought was happening.
Speaker 4: I thought Mariah Carey was gonna be at Hinzfield fifty yard line wearing like some fur with some you know, people with bells, and like a gospel man behind her, and she was gonna sing All I want for Christmas is you to kick off the NFL on Christmas Day. It was like a pre made video that she could have very well recorded six months ago. It was the whackest crap I've ever seen in my life. I'm like, that's the Mariah Carey kickoff, like a weird taped version of her singing the songs she sung a million times.
Speaker 3: Super weak.
Speaker 4: That is the only ridiculously weak element of the NFL on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: You could catch us.
Speaker 4: Weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 4: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't see to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 4: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 3: Right, So check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: From five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And.
Speaker 4: If you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich. Happy Hanuka, Happy Belated Christmas. Hope you had a great one again. All we want for Christmas is a Darth Vader helmet. All we want for Christmas is for you to follow our podcast. Search Covino and Rich wherever you stream. They have a bonus podcast called over Promised in Fact, which we're gonna highlight over Promised our bonus pod on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page with a conversation titled the Wildest Sports Stories.
Speaker 3: Of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to that plus old school in fifty hits And what did lebron say about the NFL yesterday?
Speaker 3: We got that coming up.
Speaker 2: But back to your phone calls at eight seven, seven ninety nine, Oh Fox, I'm Steve Cavino live in Jersey.
Speaker 3: That's rich tonyg Mark and Spotty back on the west side.
Speaker 4: Now I'm looking at the AFC playoff picture and I want to just break it down. Let me get my cardboard and do some breakdancing. Let me break this down real quick, right quick. Don't get to the phone calls. A lot of people want to talk about the NBA and Lebron. I see NBA phone calls on hold. I said that it's a three headed monster and it's gonna be a fourth team that makes it to the divisional round. That it's gonna be like a really nice moment for the organization, Like, good for you, you made it to the second rounds of the playoffs. But let's not be fooled here. Kansas City Chiefs are the one seed. They play in that divisional round. Automatically, as you know, as Andy Reid dressed up as Santa Claus and Mahomes and Kelsey made the world hate and love them all at the same time hate him.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Mike Darth Vader helmet, are they turning to the dark side a little bit, because again, when I'm on the plane, I'm just reading feedback a lot of people hating on their subtle arrogance.
Speaker 3: After the game, Danny, there was a sense of I hate damn. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 7: Patrick Mahomes said he was watching his diet and he didn't want to eat the football cake. We're like, bro, you're famous for your dad bod Yeah.
Speaker 4: Trying to trying to cut back on on the on the calories.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm gonna laugh the cake right now. But uh, we pretty much dominated the whole game, and I got a cool jacket on right now.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 4: You see, uh, you see RG three in the post game bury his facing that cake. He was like, oh, I'm like, damn, it's not the first time he's buried his face and some cake. You're probably right. So your thoughts on Netflix, your thoughts on the NFL. But let me just finalize the AFC playoff picture thought.
Speaker 3: Kansas City and.
Speaker 4: The super confident in the should be Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: At fifteen to one, they get to buy.
Speaker 4: After that, we talked about it's all about Buffalo and Baltimore and those two teams that have elite talent, Lamar Josh Allen to your MVP candidates, it really doesn't get better than what the AFC is bringing right now with those top three teams Kansas City, Buffalo and Baltimore.
Speaker 3: After that, the four seed.
Speaker 2: By the way, Lamar Jackson wasn't eating any cake either. I don't know if you saw that to be fair, Yeah, he turned it down. They just said, hey, prove that it's cake. And he opened up the football and it was cake, but he didn't have any.
Speaker 4: Wow, a cool cross promotion for Netflix in your cake. I'm just saying, what do you think, guy from Stranger Things? How about you, squid game writer? So you got the four seed as the Houston Texans we saw yesterday.
Speaker 3: As much as you like to root for CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud and that team really did turn around their organization faster than you thought postseason for a second year in a row. They can't compete at that level. And and I'm not saying anything we don't already know. When you put the Houston Texans up against the three elite, they're gonna fall flat.
Speaker 3: Then the five seed, Pittsburgh, you saw what happened yesterday.
Speaker 4: A couple of balls could have bounced their way in the first half, and Mike tom would have been pointed it out. If you want to be the team like Kansas City, they can't fumble and have the ball bounce right back into their hands. You can't drop two interceptions, can't You can't do those type of things and expect to compete. And then you say, well, the two wild cards after that likely going to be the Chargers and the Denver Broncos to AFC West teams. The only way I see any team making any like Whoah making some noise might be if the Cincinnati Bengals slip into the playoffs, because I don't know if you're aware of how the Bengals, somehow Someway could have a shot because they played the Broncos this coming week. They win that game, they end again the Steelers. If Joe Burrow and the Bengals slipping at nine to eight and they're clicking offensively, that could be a team like oh Man, maybe Cincinnati gets hot at the right time and that was a playoff expected team. But to me, it really is the dominant three headed monster of the AFC. Mahomes Lamar Josh Allen.
Speaker 7: Bengals have a twenty four chance right now to make the playoffs. If they got to win out obviously, then they need a lot of help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the help they need, the Denver help they need, isn't that bad because Denver has to play the Bengals, so Burrow that's a must win obviously, and then the Chiefs go to Denver. So unless you think the Chiefs are going to rest everyone, which they might not, Danny because they have a bye week. So if they don't play people week eighteen, then you tell me you want Mahomes Kelsey and Hollywood Brown who's just getting acclimated.
Speaker 3: You think you want to rest them for three full weeks. Then they also need the Colts and the Dolphins to each lose. They need help.
Speaker 4: But when you look at the schedule Cincinnati, it's not crazy to think that they slide in.
Speaker 3: So your thoughts and then, uh, let me throwing the.
Speaker 4: NBA now coming out because I know people want to talk about that. Lebron James after what many called one of the better Christmas games ever.
Speaker 2: Dude, it was crazy back and forth in that game, crazy back and forth.
Speaker 4: Lebron comes out on top and he said this, I love the NFL. I love NFL.
Speaker 3: Christmas.
Speaker 4: Our day is Christmas, the NBA's day.
Speaker 3: And did the NBA actually win it?
Speaker 2: They may have just based on that Lakers Golden State Warriors game and he lopsided scores of the NFL that we already discussed Lakers win one, fifteen, one thirteen, But that back and forth at the end sort of had you at the edge of your seat. Steph Curry hitting shots, Lake still win it. But I think what upsets you is the fact that you know the NBA could be that all the time.
Speaker 3: It just isn't right.
Speaker 2: You know what the NBA is capable of, And it's that it's.
Speaker 4: Like on your anniversary when your wife does all kinky stuff, like you can do this all the time if you want, right, it's a good annealegment.
Speaker 3: That really is a good anno. I mean like just like.
Speaker 4: That, I mean, spot when the NBA delivers like that, You're like, you can't do this all the time.
Speaker 3: What you do this a couple of times a year? Wait, that's usually off the table.
Speaker 7: Well, Steph was still chucking up threes with his eyes closed, but he made that one at the end, which was amazing. Lebron and Steph were vintage NBA All Stars, Lebron with thirty one, Steph with thirty two, almost identical stats for both the guys. Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, Cove that What stood out about this is what we've all been screaming and yelling, drive to the hoop. We want to see more dirty dunks, and we want to see players go to the rim. And Austin Reeves took the ball and drove for the final seconds there instead of chucking up a bad shot.
Speaker 3: Got lots of props on that.
Speaker 2: It was nice to see, like Danny G said, and it really did remind you that the NBA is capable of some excitement.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: That was a great game, a lot of history there.
Speaker 2: The Lakers come out on top with a like Danny G said, a cool bucket from Reeves, some great shots by Curry.
Speaker 3: You know, if you want to go, what was more exciting? Rich?
Speaker 2: The NBA did sort of win in that sense, but overall the season, the NFL wins. But what what do you think about? What Lebron had to say is really what we're asking here.
Speaker 3: Let's let's go to t in Georgia.
Speaker 2: You're all a convenient Rich, what's up MANDNR.
Speaker 10: What's that fella? Set up any g shout out spot for the rest of the crew. Listen, I got a couple of things. I wrote them down this time. I'm not gonna get flustered. So about the Buffalo, Buffalo, Kansas City, Baltimore. That's my that's my that's my three. I got Cincinnatity. I would has Cincinnati come in there in the end, but like y'all said, they need a lot of help. The Holliday hat trick as one of the best names. I need to keep that for whenever y'all do a little two in a space and then another one. And also for the NBA. I think the reason why the NBA has such a good model is because they have enough games to where they have these spaced out events where you can tune into those events Christmas Day, all Star Playoffs. You know, with the with the NFL being only seventeen sixteen, you know games, you're more less in tune to being paid attention to every single one of those games and kind of following those games. The NBA has, you know, enough to where in those moments like Christmas, like yesterday, a slew of great games and you know, that they're capable of those every so often. You just can't pull it out every you know, all eighty two you feel me. That's why you know NBA MLB is so kind of shaky with one hundred and sixty two games. But they're changing their model, so you know, that's basically it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take great points, Bro, great call, and Rich I gotta give you promps too.
Speaker 3: That was a great bedroom analogy.
Speaker 2: When it came to the NBA, you are left feeling that way that was a Christmas classic and real quick my thoughts on what Lebron had to say, it would have brought me the wrong way. Hadn't they won and hadn't they delivered in a Christmas classic in that way? You know, But I think there's some truth to what he said right there. I mean, based on that game.
Speaker 3: If you want to make it.
Speaker 4: Less smutty, you could say generally in a relationship, when a guy does something romantic, you know a lot of times a wife or a girlfriend is thinking like, see you have it in you, like you just choose not to be romantic, like I said, you know, someone gets kinky in the bedroom on your anniversary. A lot of times you would think like you know, we could do this on a random Wednesday night. It doesn't need to be only on special vacation occasions or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Dude, That's the exact feeling I had when I saw the Lakers beat the Warriors in that back and forth. I'm like, the NBA is capable of such so much excitement here, you know where they can be more exciting than the NFL.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be a conspiracy guy. I guess as much as I love Jesse Ventura the Denver Airport Area fifty one, I'm not conspiracy JFK. I'm not a conspiracy guy. But would it surprise you if you were to say, get win that Adam Silver called up both teams and was like, yo, bring it.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 7: I don't think he would need to do that for a Christmas game.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, I'm not saying like scripted or anything like that. I'm saying would chock you of Adam Silver is like, all right, Christmas Day guys, and memory commissioner here, yo, but guys, you know a lot at stake here, Chris's day, bring it.
Speaker 3: I think every Danny's right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't be surprised Rich, but I think everybody sort of knew that and felt that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you see Starting five on Netflix, Jason Tatum was upset last season because because he had to leave his family and they were trying to get to the game and everything. But he said, all the eyes, we know the whole world is watching our game. So he was excited for that reason. And I think that's the mindset of most NBA players. Steph. You know he thought that he finished with thirty eight, by the way, and Lebron always.
Speaker 3: Turned on the last game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, and Lebron always knows when you know, he how many households he's visiting.
Speaker 3: So those guys didn't need any reminds Santa Claus Now he sees you when you're sleeping too. He's got the Santa Beard now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: On Christmas Eve, my kids and I were watching Lebron Tracker. You don't let's take he's on the four or five. Let's take a call from Andy, and Andy wanted to talk NBA and earlier in the show, Covino, you're talking about that lost gift from your childhood where you always wanted to like where did it go?
Speaker 3: What's up? Andy?
Speaker 8: As Oh the way I look at it with the NFL, it was great. I think they learned a lot from the type it and Logan Paul fight to really know j Paul, I mean, I'm sorry about that, brum. You know, not hav any buffers happening during the live stream pre recording videos.
Speaker 10: Out of the question.
Speaker 8: And I just like to sprinkled this in Lebron and Steph Curry.
Speaker 10: They are to get that.
Speaker 11: Just keep on giving.
Speaker 8: Honestly, what is the NBA going to do when.
Speaker 10: They are not here?
Speaker 2: That is a great question fall off, like like it did when Jordan retired. It's you you need your star stars stars now they're stars.
Speaker 4: But we talked about this previously on Fox Sports Radio, where some of the stars either don't want to be stars, or there's like a cultural disconnect or like a disinterest in like a Luca or a Yo Kicch or you know, some of these European players don't have that.
Speaker 3: Bam you and no one will deny his.
Speaker 2: Not the guy that's going to be the face of the NBA that's going to get you tuned in.
Speaker 3: It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 4: Let's say, how to Aaron one last phone call and then uh, we'll move on.
Speaker 3: What's up? Body coming on wretch?
Speaker 10: Aaron, Hey, what's going on? Guys?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 9: I was calling in regards to how you guys are talking about the toys and stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, my mom when we.
Speaker 9: Were younger, she threw away our comic books.
Speaker 12: Wolverine number one, two, four?
Speaker 3: What that? Yeah, by the way, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's that's unbelievably the sad story of so many of our parents generation, right, like how.
Speaker 2: Many times you cards but now currently Pokemon cards? Rich, I hear that all the time.
Speaker 4: Mom, you threwing my Pokemon But Aaron, you ain't kidding. There was a I feel like it was our parent generation. If you're roughly forty, your dad was probably collecting Mickey Mantles and Roger Maris's and Jackie Robinson's, and your your grandmother threw the mout. But you, Rich, you made such a good point before all the crap they kept, right, Like you decided to keep the pogo stick and the croquet set, but.
Speaker 2: For some reason you had to throw away my baseball cards and my you know, whatever was valuable to me.
Speaker 13: But for every like valuable item that ended up becoming more valuable. There was like a beanie baby that you did. Indeed, so it was like it was through the way the Princess Diana beanie baby.
Speaker 3: You didn't know.
Speaker 4: You know what, do you know my wife and I had this dumb thought when we were wrapping presents for the kids the other night, and you look at unopened toys from our childhood, and now they're super expensive, Like look an unopened he Man or even at the original iPhone. The iPhone one unopened is like tens of thousands of dollars in auction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ken, Golden problem is it? Is it ever your instinct?
Speaker 4: Is it ever your instinct to be like should I buy a couple of random things and just not open them?
Speaker 7: Do you know my grandmother in Long Beach, she threw away my grandma's Playboy collection, But in our garage, our old roller skates and skateboards with steel wheels, like metal wheels and.
Speaker 2: Arrest she kept those. That's the commonality here. I think that's the greatest point we've made so far.
Speaker 4: And Richard, your mom threw away all your Sweet Yankees memorabilia, but she kept your She kept your social studies notebook from agriand.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Yet she has my trapper keeper upstairs for some reason. In the attic, I want to make this point before we move on. We have so much to get to on the Cavino and Rich Show, and for Dan Patrick, Lebron James and what he said, I sort of like that, man. I think that's the kind of attitude you have to have in anything, into everything you do, because if these guys don't care, then why should we care?
Speaker 3: And I like that fight in that pride.
Speaker 2: That Lebron James expressed in his Lakers, in his game essentially in the NBA. He was defending the NBA there, and that's like you and I defending radio. Like if someone says, yeah, man, you know with streaming and podcast radios dying you as a radio host, what would you.
Speaker 4: Say was like, you're wrong. Audio entertainment all time high, and you start getting defensive and.
Speaker 3: Right because you have a pride in that right.
Speaker 2: And I don't have any sort of bad feelings when I hear Lebron take ownership and pride in the NBA there, I sort of want that from the face of the league. I think he's doing what he's supposed to be doing. He delivered on the biggest day. I think that's a great sign that he's like, yeah, I love the NFL and he.
Speaker 3: Said it respectfully. Yeah, because who doesn't love it?
Speaker 4: And if you missed hearing Lebron say it, take a listen one more time yesterday after the Lakers game.
Speaker 3: I love the NFL. I love NFL Christmas Day. A playful, prideful statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it garnered some speculation and some eye rolls, but honestly, he did the right thing there, and I think all of us would do that and something that we all take pride, and that's what you want from a leader and from again the face of your organization. But the cliff Notes version of the last half hour of conversation, Netflix did a fine job. Lebron and Steph delivered. Yet you go on social media and there's still hater hater haters, there's still people hating.
Speaker 3: And it to me because what rich Da ain't playing playing play.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating that on a day where you're probably opening gifts with your kids, it's a joyful day. You got to see some Rando family members. You were wearing your pajamas all day, Like why do you Why is your instinct to hate? Just think about that as you move into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Why lead with that? Stinks? Yeah, you know I like that thought too. We're entering a new year.
Speaker 2: If we have any influence at all, we should all change at the fall and help in assisting other people change.
Speaker 3: You have their default like, hey, dude, you need a hug. What's going on?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure it'd be all uh, you know, I'm not like Tony Robbins or anything. I'm not trying to be like Gary vayner Chuk. I'm not some motivational speaker. But what I'm saying is it is very instinctual sports music.
Speaker 3: Anything to be like that stinks.
Speaker 4: How about just take a step back and say, you know, Netflix, that was their first go at it with the NFL. Man they put together a decent broadcast team that the broadcast was clear, the graphics were good, the game sort of stunk.
Speaker 2: But and by the way, it's probably where the future is heading, right, So what do you do? Be the reluctant guy and then be the guy who's not on board, be the old guy.
Speaker 4: And you say, all right, you know what, I'm not the biggest Beyonce fan. I respect the hell out of her, but I'm not like you know, I'm not downloading Queen Bee albums the minute they come out. But yeah, how to acknowledge the fact that she brought out some stars post Malone was there. It was an extended halftime, and some would argue more entertaining than a lot of NFL halftime shows. So you know what, Beyonce, that was probably a big win for the NFL.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's hard to not come across as a hater. If you were used to be stunk Christmas, you had two football games on, get over yourself.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: If you missed any of our show, search Covino and Rich wherever you stream. In fact, just search it anyway, follow, rate and review because we do this every day five to seven on the East Monday through Friday, and two to four on the West side. But just search Covino and Rich. CoV I n O, just a kid from Union, New Jersey on the lebron of the Show, yea I'm too big when it matters. Rich Davis always thought about you Covino the lebron of the show, but I was, I usually think about the hairline.
Speaker 3: That's usually what I'm thinking. Hey, I thought our.
Speaker 4: Last conversation had a little more juice to be squeezed out of it. So if you want to chime in at Covin on Rich later on what quarterback being that today was the release of Squid Game two.
Speaker 3: What quarterback?
Speaker 4: If your life was on the line, what current quarterback would you put the ball in the hands of? And my thought was, you can't include Mahomes in this conversation because he would be ninety five out of one hundred people's answer.
Speaker 3: Stop giving us rules. Yeah, Richness rules.
Speaker 2: At Cobino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, on social media, and we move on because every Thursday on our show we bring it to you. On Dan Patrick, we do a little old school in fifty hits, an old school throwback Thursday sort of conversation. And today we celebrate Lars from Metallica. Now Metallica formed in La October late October nineteen eighty one. Lars and James Hetfield original members, along with Dave Mustaine from Mega Deeth Fame.
Speaker 6: Good morning me, it's me again. Hey, Dave Mustaine, big fan of Covino, That rich guy I'm not too sure of. Dave Mustaine and Ron McGovney and as you know, Kirk Hammett and Rob Truheio the members now of Metallica, but they transcend generations. They've been doing it since the early eighties. Hit it big in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Like I said, the Black Album sold more albums than Nirvana never mind, but when you think nineties rock, you think Nirvana Black Album legendary. A lot of people like the old stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean. The point is, Lars has been doing this for a long ass time.
Speaker 4: Out Today's sixty first birthday, and every year the same conversation comes up.
Speaker 3: Metallica come on halftime Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: They are one of the few rock bands that could translate on that main stage that I wouldn't be shocked if before all was said and done and we're run out of time, they're not getting any younger. Get Metallica out there. If you're a rock fan, I'm sure that would be something you would want.
Speaker 3: But here's the question.
Speaker 4: You see Lars, you see Metallica. Many that see them do shows still say they got it?
Speaker 3: They do, and they've been doing it. Look kill them all. To put it in perspective. Came out in eighty three, going to be twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Five, forty plus years ago. Who is standing the test of time? What athlete, what musician? What actor? Who hasn't lost a step? And I'm not gonna intentionally try to throw many people under the bus, but when you think about.
Speaker 3: The flip side.
Speaker 4: Just recently, a guy that I still think has guests in the tank, Bob Costas, removed himself from baseball play by play begauc He's like, yeah, it's not for me anymore. Letterman was wise to know a daily late night talk show not for me. And he's doing great now with his Netflix special that he does every so often where he'll do a couple of fun interviews. But knowing when to walk away is a skill in itself. But who still has the juice? One person comes to mind for me. Can you know in the music world, And I know it's a fact because I don't even really care for this performer, but they haven't missed a beat. You're in New Jersey right now, so people in your home state will be disgusted by me saying I don't even love this guy, Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: I know, dude, I'm more of a Bonjovy guy if we're gonna talk Jersey bands. But you're right, he's a legend. I mean, he's still in shape. I saw a picture of him where he looks more like Woitoty Allen than Woody Allen. Looks like Woody Allen. Have you seen that one?
Speaker 9: I have.
Speaker 3: But he's still ripped still, and he still puts on a performance.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I'm I'm an East Coast guy, even though I live out here in LA. I'm more of a like I said, bon Jovi or Billy Joel or certain artists. But Billy Joel's the guy that still brings it on stage. But I'm picturing Billy Joel uptown girl in the eighties with hair, and he's dancing around.
Speaker 3: Now Billy Joel.
Speaker 4: Limps around the stage with a bed knee. Hey, he could still play the piano. He's the freaking piano man. But Billy Joel's not an answer in this conversation. But I saw Bruce Springsteen at a small venue show a couple of years back. Spot you were there serious XM. He's crowdsurfing, jumping around the stage. And I'm pretty sure how old is Bruce Springsteen sick looked at us, he is, He's one hundred and sixty three. He really is still able to deliver. So my number one answer in the music world might be Bruce springsto he still hit those notes seventy five. Oh my gosh, I love you.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine your dad crowdsurfing and jumping.
Speaker 13: Like on a he climbed levels at the Apollo Theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're amazed that he still has that energy level to perform that way and he's still in shape. So, you know, Rich, that's a great it's a great answer as far as again, we're celebrating longevity in the world of sports and entertainment. So the numbers eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox if you want to get involved here on the Cavino and Rich Show, you think he could hit that?
Speaker 3: You think you hit that?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 5: I think you could.
Speaker 4: You know what, here's a good question, Danny. I want you to think of this angle too. We're talking a lot of music. What about coaches. Sometimes a coach's style sort of expire expires yeah, like he may connect with the players and now you're like, no, no, your style with the story.
Speaker 7: You almost have to be a jolly, lovable coach like Andy Reid. He has to stand in the test.
Speaker 4: He's the oldest coach in the NFL and he's on the top of his game on a fifteen to one team. But a lot of times you'll be like, nah, some of these young thirty eight to forty something year old NFL coaches Mike connect Moore, and you know, many would argue that's why Belichick couldn't find the job in the NFL real quick, because people are like, yo, you're a legend, six super Bowls, you and Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, that was then.
Speaker 4: This is now, and you may want to McVeigh or you know, a Kyle Kyle Shanahan type or some younger, different type of thinker.
Speaker 7: I'll give you, guys, a rapper who is so beloved that he became a really good actor and still wraps up to par with M and M on Murder Graham on his new album The Force, produced by Q tip ll Cool on the Scene in nineteen eighty four Crush Groove, famous movie you guys know well from the East Coast, Yeah, eighty five, and he reinvented himself so many times musically and obviously acted in movies and TV shows and you know, you think of the police TV shows and there's Ll Cool Jay's mug. But his fourteenth studio album was released in September and it still hits the way youngster's music hits right now, like he has not fallen off whatsoever. So as far as longevity and the hip hop world, ll cool J stands right on top.
Speaker 2: Who's holding up is the question? I love that answer so much, Danny G. I wish I came up with it. I think that's a great answer, and I think part of it has to do with looking the part too. I give a lot of the credit not only to you know, his skill level and his commitment, but how great he still looks and how he stays in shape. That has a lot to do with it, because it makes him still real of it in my mind, like Ll cool J still looks the part, and he's been doing it since the eighties. Guys, and let me tie this to sports real quick. Ladies love Cool James. Of course you love him as an actor, like dannag said, But he's in one of your favorite football movies nineteen ninety nine, Any Given Sunday, right as an actor. But what's the term that we use all the time in sports?
Speaker 3: Goat? Right, the goat?
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, he is credited, Yeah, sometimes, you know in some circles he's credited. You mentioned his what thirteen fourteen albums in that Lone Jay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his fourteenth album dropped in September in two thousand. He came out with the Goat.
Speaker 2: Now, remember Rich, prior to that, we always use the goat as like a term to describe a curse or the mush. He's the goat based on the curve of the billy goat from the cups, right, like the goat? Oh man, like that was a bad thing. The goat became a good thing when ll cool J came out with the Goat the Greatest of all time, and that sort of changed how we even used the term. I love that answer, and again I think looking the part gives him a lot of longevity. My answer that the first thing that came to mind, and because it's fresh on my mind when you think of longevity, because Lars turned sixty one, they've been doing it since eighty something Metallica. His birthday was yesterday. He just passed away at sixty five. Ricky Henderson, dude, because it's fresh on my mind. We're talking about Ricky Henderson last week. You look at the back of a baseball card, You're like, dang, dude, this dude played twenty five years in the big leagues and then he played like years after in the minor leagues. And then Danny g said something that felt weird when he said it, but then I understood what he meant.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeo, man, I feel like he wasn't playing that long ago.
Speaker 2: And it's because you know, when you look and think about it, it wasn't that long ago. He was playing with the Mets and the Dodgers, Like, it wasn't that long ag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't stand the test of time because you know, he died the other day and he hasn't been playing for hot longevity.
Speaker 2: Yeah the game, dude, he played over twenty five. Yeah, he may have died a little too soon, but he had longevity. Man, his career longevity, yeah was off the charts. He was off the charts, all right. Yeah, I'm sorry he passed away. But as far as career longevity, man, that dude brought it, and it's just fresh on my mind. His birthday was yesterday. I was just looking at how many years he played. If you get, dude, if you get sixteen fifteen years out of somebody professionally, now you're like, whoa, he did twenty five and then if you count his minor league years, like more than that, it's pretty wildly you just don't see that anymore. So anyway, I came to mind, but if you because he passed away at those change things.
Speaker 3: But I was talking professionally. Yeah, you know Mark scot One, what's up Mark?
Speaker 14: I know he's about to retire from concerts and he is the goat in my mind. Elton John still the one of the greatest yea. He performed until the guy's losing his eyesight.
Speaker 4: He I saw his last play at Dodger Stadium, and you know, he's an older dude, but it's wild when you see people will still come out to see Elton John.
Speaker 3: He has a Christmas swag with Ed Sheeran.
Speaker 4: A couple of years ago he sort of reinvented himself with Dua Lipa and Britney spears releasing stuff a couple of years ago. So Elton John, I think because of that crazy longevity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fact that he was able.
Speaker 4: To do that, the fact that he you know, remix some of his songs with some of some younger female artists. I think they gave him that feather in his cap where he had like number one songs in all these different decades.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: His debut album, Empty Sky, I think came out in sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Dude, and he's still sixty now.
Speaker 2: That might be that might be a top like technical answer there, based on like he was putting out songs that charted from the sixties till recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what you see how it's not easy because even a guy like Steven Tyler recently is calling the you know, con quits in the performing side of things. Right, yes, even Tyler, you forg get tired, you forget dream on was like fifty years ago, and they were making songs for soundtracks in our you know, in our childhood in the nineties two thousand. So So again, longevity artists, athletes who stood the test of time. I got a I got give me this is there an age limit for you? Meaning it's someone too young where you're like, dude, they're still sot young. Hmmm, Because like I look at I look at a guy, someone say, I look at a guy every day that looks like.
Speaker 3: This guy, Steve Cavino, Mario Lopez.
Speaker 4: As much as there's times where you look at me like, yeah, mariy O Lopez a c slid, I want to punch this guy in the nose. He is in probably better shape than he's ever been. He's always working on something. You look around Mary Opez, always on TV hosting something, and if you follow him on social media, seems like he's really good dad. It's like he's always dancing with this always dancing with his kids, and I'm like, yo, Mario Lopez, Like he's one of those guys. I'm like, is he as as big now as he was saved by the bellant?
Speaker 3: Everywhere? He's at the boxing scene. I saw him ringside at the Fury Using fight.
Speaker 2: He's in Saudi Arabia, he's got his boxing podcast with Steve Ordolay Kim. Look, I think that's a great I really think that's a great answer. I loved everybody's answers so far, so don't let us down Fox Sports Radio Nation. Those are some great answers. I may have had the worst answer because Ricky Anderson died, but I was talking career lunch Yeah. I mean, I'm not talking a career lunge. I mean I'm saying like this person. I mean, I hate to say it, but I think the answer to the prisoner should be alive.
Speaker 3: Like there.
Speaker 4: You watch them now and yeah, they may not be who they were, but they're still delivering. I have one last controversial one. Not controversial, that's the wrong word. I have one that you might not agree with, but I still think and a lot of people be like, no, he not anymore. I still hear al Michael's voice and it feels like a big game to me. I know, people say he's lazy, and his presentation is a little lackluster, and sometimes his call seems a little unenthusiastic. But I just think his voice alone still makes me feel like it's important. When I hear Al Michael's voice, it feels important to me. Danny, the later days of Vince Scully, you probably felt the same way. He wasn't the same guy, i'd imagine, but hearing his voice made it feel big.
Speaker 3: There was nothing like it.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Tim in Michigan. Kevino will go to all the phone calls.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Longevity? It's Lar's birthday? What artist lands? The test of time?
Speaker 10: Great show, guys. You guys are the best chill in for the DP show.
Speaker 3: Thanks man. I hope you guys get the job when he retires. I hope so too. Kind of going across the tracks here, but I can't believe she's been stealing this crap for forty years.
Speaker 11: And still doing it.
Speaker 3: Whoopie.
Speaker 4: You know what, as much as I as much as I think The View might be the most unwatchable show on planet Earth, Whoopy is in the spotlight and has never really gone away.
Speaker 3: So you got a credit, Whoopy Goldberg? That right? I mean it's not easy to stay relevant for decades doing it since sister act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I think, uh it's a great answer even before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's been out forever, dude, that's uh. Yeah. I like her and Robin Williams and Billy Crystal.
Speaker 4: I feel like I always picture them together, right, Yeah, comic relief, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah, that's what it was. Uh, Travis at La, what's up?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: Can you don't rich.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, Steve, The reason I don't think you could have Metallica on the halftime show is you don't want to hear thirty seconds. You know they do those medalis. You don't want to hear thirty seconds of the Metallica song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't even get to kill her solos or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there'll be too many, not enough. Oh yeah, like you need you know, you need some of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But even if they did three strong songs, that would still be amazing decison, you know.
Speaker 2: The fun fact though, the fun fact is if they were asked, it's impossible for James Field to say no, oh yeah. So if jay Z asked him, like, yeah, would you do this, James is only capable of saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, show yourself out. Honestly, if you were to do a Metallica halftime show, enter sam Man Fuel. They got songs for like what's the mainstream ones where you can make the argument that, like your mom would know the songs.
Speaker 2: Nothing else matters, but true, wherever I may roam, the unforgiven one like I mean, it goes on.
Speaker 4: All right, even the casual fan would know all this. But in Austin what artist, announcer, athlete who do you credit to having a great longevity?
Speaker 12: Oh, you guys are great. I love listening to first of all, thanks man, Uh what longevity? Look, they're on too right now and you got to keep your numbers up and appeal to almost everybody. Sticks an re e O.
Speaker 4: You know, I actually have a relative that's a big Sticks fan, and they swear that they still deliver on a high level. Listen if if a retro act is still touring and still filling up scene.
Speaker 3: But look, that's that may be a great answer to him, but we have to be real about it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's the difference between the Elton John answer that Mark gave us and that one is like Elton John still still made relevant music up until recently.
Speaker 4: I mean, I do love and I can't fight this feeling anymore.
Speaker 2: No, songs are great, but when's the last time they made a song that anyone cared about?
Speaker 3: That's that's the only difference.
Speaker 2: And I'm only saying that for technicalityality reasons. No, you're right, they're probably still great. I'm not going to deny that longevity.
Speaker 4: Would you say that from his college days to his NBA days to where he is now in life, Shaquille O'Neal has done a great job of staying in our in our face. I mean, he has done a fantastic job commercial.
Speaker 3: I got a podcast starting. It's called not only pop Culture called Shaq.
Speaker 4: Blackfee, Shack Blackavie, Oh Club Shock Shack Shuck standing in line at CDs the other day.
Speaker 7: I sent you guys the photo. He has his own line of sour Gummy candies now.
Speaker 15: Sour Gummy Candies, reinvented myself, hire commercials, a TV show.
Speaker 4: Shack the world from the minute you saw him from the from LSU till now, Shaquille O'Neal has stayed in our in our vision or slightly in your peripheral.
Speaker 3: He is always Notice I'm one hundred and fifty years old, So I mean we've know, we've know, we have known. I'm being serious. We have no longer I'm an actor. We have known Shack and we've got to meet Shack and it's a true pleasure.
Speaker 15: He's a great Love Shack Love Shock B fifty two is about me, Think about me. Love Baby Shack is love Shack.
Speaker 4: Shack has been in our life thirty plus years and if you know, if you want to see something funny, google Covino and Rich. Go to YouTube and search Covino and Rich Shack. There's a video and it's one of my favorite moments. I'm not I'm not patting myself on the back, but it really was awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. My own radio station called Radio.
Speaker 4: Shack I Radio. There's a video of Shaq and myself singing white guy Favorites and it's like journey and all like cheesy and Shack's like guy favorites with you.
Speaker 3: Very funny video. Just find that. But you know why I did that, because you're the whitest guy I've ever seen. Let's go to Baker Baker in Illinois. What's up, buddy?
Speaker 9: Hey? Speaking of Lars in Metallica, I've seen him four times in the last fifteen months. And those guys are all four of them over sixty years old and they are still kicking my ass every time I go crazy. So you've got to go see him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I don't.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's always something you want to say, because you know, when you think of yourself, you're like, oh, I don't I don't want to get older. I'm convinced though at what used to be forty, what used to be fifty or sixty, what you used to consider getting older older is just changing so much. Where I think of my grandparents, well, my grandparents were in their sixties and seventies. I felt like they look like they were fresh out of the Revolutionary Wars.
Speaker 3: Seriously, it's at different times.
Speaker 4: Like my grandmother wore a moomo. My grandfather fought in wars, who was a mechanic, Like that.
Speaker 3: Was all hard. And your grandpa's ear lobes were down to his shoulders, Yeah, it was like they were.
Speaker 4: My grandfather was like missing a finger because his brother cut it off. And they were kids, like they lived a wild, hard war depression. Like I said, my grandparents died in their early seventies, I felt like they were one hundred and seventy. I see our parents now that are roughly seventy, and they're like going on cruises, living life, retired, wearing like clothes they bought in the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Like it's just a different world.
Speaker 4: So when I hear some of these artists still rocking it on stage at sixty, or athletes that are playing into their mid forties now, I really do think it is different now. I don't think it's because we're aging. Like man, I think I look better than most forty somethings. I really do think if you look at a picture of yourself compared to your parents, you do look younger.