Speaker 1: What are we doing? What do we do? Where's the white flag? A port mission? Calm Down with Aeron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Are we on?
Speaker 2: Let's just say this is our pregame. Welcome to the pregame. Guys will calm down. We were just discussing when we came on air. You heard me were live when we came.
Speaker 1: On air what our mothers would call.
Speaker 2: For ninety eight point seven sports talk radio. When we game live on air, we take callers all day every day.
Speaker 1: I ninety five is jammed. We suggest you look into I seventy five. What was I going to say?
Speaker 2: We were talking about what our mothers would call it when our dads would excuse themselves and go use the restroom. My dad, Avid, Boston Red Sox fan, would call it Dad's gone to go think about the Red Sox. Would your mom say anything or your dad's just in the bathroom? No, Neippa is this conversation was because last week Aaron said, when I was reading the paper, I'm like, you're not reading the paper.
Speaker 1: You're reading your phone or your iPad is what you're reading.
Speaker 2: But I said, what was it back in the day that dads would always grab the sports pages and be in the bathroom for hours on end. It's like blowing out the place, and it's like light a candle doesn't happen anymore. Those were the good old days, you know. Uh, Welcome to the podcast. The pregame that is for those of you new to the segment because you saw our critically acclaimed five top rookies and decided to tune in for the first time. Hey, this is where we answer your guys's questions and we appreciate all of you that submit. Remember you can submit anonymously if you don't want to be linked to us or this podcast. Boop go girl.
Speaker 1: I actually want to send one in anonymously. Have we talked about this.
Speaker 2: It's for something that's going on in our friend group, but it's oh, for one of my friends.
Speaker 1: Now you're getting it away.
Speaker 2: Now I want to send it in. I asked Jeremy and Jerome. He goes, don't do it. You're ridiculous. You want to send it in anonymously, but you just told on yourself. Can't wait to read that anonymous question? God, do you want to also include? Her name starts with a C and ends with an A. Anyways, it's not this friend group, it's another friend group. I don't have any other friends, so this is the only group I got, Which means you wouldn't know how to answer this question from anonymous Tips to meet friends in a new city.
Speaker 1: We don't have to.
Speaker 2: I do need the well, I need the new I need the answer to this question here. I'll say this, I've moved a lot. Tips to me, I would always always I'm a gal that loves us saddle up and eat dinner at a bar, So I think that's always a good way to meet people and talk to people, because usually people that sit at a bar aren't sitting or usually sitting alone, or there's only a couple of them.
Speaker 1: That's why you're not sitting at a table. So I think going alone.
Speaker 2: Like especially on the road, if I have to get work done, I like it me too. I got no problem with that. But it's a very social place, a water cooler with a stool or a counters whatever stool, if you will. So what else to meet friends in a new city. I think it's cool to I've never done this, but I've heard about people that do this, like joining a softball team or soccer team or different things like that, And I think New York has a pretty good like older, you know, like crowd kind of vibe in that way. Sometimes too, you catch somebody's eye and classes maybe she thinks I'm really good at doing this like whole like set or this whole I do. I want people around me to think I'm good and not bad. So I feel like there's a lot of pressure. Sometimes that's good motivation that you're doing it for the gals or guys in class to catch their eye, you know what I mean? Marie, Oh, go ahead, jesus, what was that Tourette's anna, Marie Gamy? Do y'all wish you could switch places? You're adorable with the y'all's. This is I say, y'all, And I have no business saying y'all. I never lived in the South. I lived in Tennessee for about five seconds, and that's not even like the real self probably defended everyone in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You say y'all. You have every right to say that. Yeah, but Stafford say y'all, So we got it from them, so it's fine. I just love when those girls say yes. Ma'am, you know so sweet, No, sir, it places. I want to talk about this on the Big Show because I got to visit you guys.
Speaker 1: In the studio again this week. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: There's so many stories to tell about it. Yes, certain things I wish I could do in studio. You never affected like this week in Cleveland. It's supposed to be fifty to sixty chance of rain like shit like that just ruins a whole, like fucking four hours for me. But I can't walk around in those heels as you saw me. I was totally barefoot in the studio yesterday because they can't do it. But the camaraderie is so much fun. It's a great scene. Like it's just I, but it's so exhasting. You want me to correct you on the camaraderie or is it to go ahead and say, I say, how do you say it? No?
Speaker 1: Try it camaraderie, camaraderie.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's okay, we'll get a chagruderie board later.
Speaker 1: How did the Jets players say it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's well, that's right. Yeah. Anyways, it was so bad, but it was so great at the same time.
Speaker 2: Camaraderie, camaraderie, camarderie, Alvin Camara Kamara and that's what I got to get Alvin Kamara online one because now I'm all messed up. I've been saying Alvin Kamara for the last few years, but now I heard It'smara, and then it's like, is it Devon, a Chane or a chan There's a lot of things. Is it Rihanna or Rihanna? I want to know. I want to get to the bottom of all this, but we only have so much time here in the pregame.
Speaker 1: What's my name?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: You go, push off Aaron. That's good, good camaraderie.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tyler Millett, do you see yourself ever coaching your child sports teams? Well, I'm never having children, so let's direct this into mac Roger Stole's mother coach No attend, Yes, probably daddy will coach his sports teams.
Speaker 1: But that's so cute. No, I can't wait, really good? Can you imagine you as the coach out there?
Speaker 2: You can start yelling at the kid and then be in trouble from like one of the twelve parents, like, well, your kid's a loser, so he shouldn't be on he has no camaraderie. He wouldn't no camaraderie have it bit him in the face. Next go You're up book and French best book you've ever read, Babysitters.
Speaker 1: Club, you forgot the R. Brooke and French best book you've ever read? Best book.
Speaker 2: You know. We haven't been drinking, but it feels like I'm gonna were gonna be drinking later. Pet Cemetery or Salem's Lot. So good you want to include James and the Giant Peach.
Speaker 1: What reading list are you on? Third grade? No, hey, that's actually King. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: John Grisham was sold out to go to Stephen King.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how I got the job at ESPN. It was because of the last book I read, and I'm going to tell that story. Whoa No, it is Anna karinnan a big Tolstoy fan. I read a book that was way above my pay grade and intellect, and I don't know why I read it, probably to try to sound smarter, and it had just so happened that I finished reading it. So I walked into the one of the patriarchs of the ESPN establishment, John Walsh, and he was an avid reader, and one of his questions, unbeknownst to me, what was the last book you read?
Speaker 1: And I had an answer that got me the job.
Speaker 2: So I'll tell that story on the big show because it's actually a good lesson for all you kids out there, all of you that are listening, not my kids. Last question, girl, what do we got mac with this? K? Morgan thirty eight? How many dates.
Speaker 1: Before going exclusive is discussed? Oh? I like this one. I like this question.
Speaker 2: You think it exclusive means you're going to have no more dates because they're gonna run for the hills.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true. But this is so interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm someone that clearly uh track record would support falls in love and very quickly.
Speaker 1: Because I love love. But I don't know. I think that it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's if you guys both are feeling it like be exclusive. But that's a tough conversation to have because it depends on the age, it depends on the circumstances. I don't have a definitive answer for that, but I would say go off of feeling. And if he I don't know, what's a good way to throw it out there? You can't be like, what are we doing? I mean that's just yeah, we do where's the where's the white flag?
Speaker 1: Abort mission? Aport mission? On that one. You can't ask those questions. I say, it's a feeling. Oh what a feeling?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right. We have a lot to discuss on the Big Show.
Speaker 2: For those of you guys that are new to the program, Aaron referred to it one week and it has stuck. So Thursday, our Big Show episode will come out. We got to talk about week five. We got to talk about Aaron's home game, all the things that happened in studio, the fun that was had.
Speaker 1: Having dinner with Big Copy and Derek Jeter come.
Speaker 2: On, had a dinner a maid not to be confused with the Last Supper, but lots to discuss. Join us then remember submit all questions, comments, and concern to the Calm Down Podcast. We appreciate you guys caring and I can't wait for Aaron's not anonymous question next week. I can't wait for your concern to be how I pronounce words, camaraderie line.
Speaker 1: We're doing Wait, God, I never do? Oh I did? Can give it a whirl see how it goes. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.