Speaker 1: It's nine O Genegen with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Well, this is weird, guys. We are recapping stormy weather today and it's raining.
Speaker 2: It's like dumping. So when we taped this, it's dumping rain in La. But I'm in the sun. It's lucky. Now we actually like we like the rain. But it's so crazy week.
Speaker 1: I know, we keep saying it like you guys, we're so on.
Speaker 3: Point, but we're really like on points.
Speaker 1: It's like we've like melded into storylines. If Beverly Hills nine O two and O.
Speaker 2: Why do you think they love making it rain in Beverly Hills?
Speaker 1: When is it actually never dies? But it's so beautiful, you guys, when it rains really is in La, it's beautiful. Nobody people can't drive, No, they.
Speaker 2: Can't even leave their houses.
Speaker 1: You can sustain itself here because we're going to school.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's rain.
Speaker 1: My daughter's school got made. They do it remotely because of the rain today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a lot of sun.
Speaker 1: You believe that it's raining people.
Speaker 4: That would have been helpful to me, I know, but yeah no, it was like just keep showing up and I had to be like, this is normal. Of course you're supposed to just go and I was like, right, it's just rain.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it. But I was happy because I have a you know, my daughter drives herself to school, so I was happy she didn't have to get on the freeways because they are flooded.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be a negator, but the rain on I know two one oh is it? First of all, it's way too heavy when you guys come out of the peach pit. And then I know we'll get to it. But there's a scene where you're like, oh, it's raining, yet there was no rain.
Speaker 1: So true, it was such a little story to notice that so sucked into this story. You guys, we're talking about season five, episode twenty one, Stormy Weather, and aired February fifteenth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Synopsis Heavy rain in La can't extinguish Valeries lust for Ray prove it even after he shows his violent tendencies. Donna gets mister it yet again.
Speaker 3: Shocker. Dylan beats Finley.
Speaker 4: At his own game, while Brandon finds a Findley survivor to help his cause. When Kelly finally.
Speaker 1: Sees the light, Dylan sees he has lost her to Brandon and bows out gracefully.
Speaker 3: Don't go away, mad, Actually, don't go at all.
Speaker 1: Don't go away? No, please, Yeah, this is a good episode. Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They really like it when we go through scene by scene in order. So, Jenny, how do you feel about being our leader? Wait?
Speaker 1: They like it. They really like it.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a proven there you go.
Speaker 1: We're here to please, so well do it that way again, you guys. This episode, I will say, was directed by Bethany or Rooney, written by Larry Mullin, and starring us. Oh yeah, I'm staring us, just us.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's start. Let's just start. Should we do it trivia again? Or should we talk about some some vocabulary words from Finley?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have trivia?
Speaker 1: I have trivia? I have Yeah, I'd like a little here. Okay, all right, we'll start with one trivia then, okay.
Speaker 3: Trivia, a little bit of both, a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Let's do trivia first. Caroline McWilliams, who played leu Anne Pruett, was married to Michael Keaton. You guys, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Wait that that's her. That's this the mom of Michael Keaton's kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, isn't that exciting?
Speaker 3: Wow? I love Michael Keaton.
Speaker 1: In a bit of confusing trivia, Yes.
Speaker 2: His name is Michael Douglas. So when she was she was actually married to Yeah, so the kid's last name is Douglas because Michael Keaton's last name is Douglas. But obviously he couldn't be Michael Douglas because there was.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, where does Gooven come from?
Speaker 2: This had to just make it up because that's so Michael Douglas was taken.
Speaker 1: I didn't note this.
Speaker 2: No, I liked that, and they got divorced slightly before this, just five years earlier. They got divorced in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Because he knew she was going to play Luayne Pruett. Oh, nobody likes Louis and Prue.
Speaker 3: Close to Michael Keton. We didn't even know she's good.
Speaker 2: I mean she passed away, but you see her in a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good actress. Okay, let's let's do a findlayus my god, wait really fast, Yes.
Speaker 2: I forgot that. Michael Keaton also dated Courtney Cox.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes he did.
Speaker 1: Michael Keat came back to me dated Courtney when at.
Speaker 4: This time for a long time, ninety to ninety five, it was like shocking to people because what was.
Speaker 1: The because he was older.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like people are like, oh, I know he's not home older twenty years old, maybe twenty years that's like nothing.
Speaker 2: But they were cute, Like I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Oh I do not remember that either, I do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, look remember that now? Sure do I do too? Whoa? He's my favorite batman anyway, the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love him, mister mom batman.
Speaker 2: See there's something kind of sexy about him. Like look how cool they were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were any hot that takes us? Okay, finlaysm which one? Oh, okay, which one you want? Well, we already know extern, we know negator. Extern is somebody outside the circle, right, or people that don't have a clue. A negator is someone who denies or goes against Finley's teachings.
Speaker 3: Really like the word voyager.
Speaker 1: Voyager, ooh, those are people on the new evolution journey. What about that you?
Speaker 2: Well, I couldn't quite understand what they were saying. Malletting, maleetting, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 1: Wedding for two people entering the new millennium together. Yeah, but I also think it could stand for a millennial and a wedding.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: But they didn't know millennial then that wasn't like something. They didn't refer to younger people as a millennial because a millennial marrying a boomer.
Speaker 4: So again, we were cutting edge milletting, but there wasn't Millennials weren't even a think yet.
Speaker 2: I don't want to jump ahead, but when that guy whips out the picture of the college kid with the grandma wedding, I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Guess what you just jumped ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did this thing that you always do. Okay, go ahead. Episode is starts in the beach pit with our three favorite gals, Donna, Claire, and Kelly, and it's getting a little tense between the ladies kill against one drop out.
Speaker 2: Of school or the sorority. No, she's just dropping out of the alpha.
Speaker 1: House around and her friend group. Basically, Donna and Claire are trying to get her to reason with them. But before anything happens, Dylan, who's been lingering over there in a turtleneck looking hot in a turtleneck, J and I hate turtlenecks on men.
Speaker 2: I don't because he looked great.
Speaker 1: I mean, he can't not look good, but like, it just doesn't feel very Dylan to be wearing a turtleneck. I'm just I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And then he's got his fringe coat raincoat sort of Berbery style.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not liking any of the s wardrobe from here on out that he wears, so it's just really takes me out of the Dylan moment.
Speaker 1: I'm the saying, okay, but Brandon's waiting outside for Dylan, because Brandon has put Dylan up to all of this to go and beat in kahoots and try to save Kelly from Professor Finley.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, can you explain to me though, how Kelly doesn't see the Mustang clearly there?
Speaker 1: This whole storyline is crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just go with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's raining really hard. I guess it's raining so hard that me Jenny wouldn't go out and shoot in the rain because that wasn't me, you guys, No, that was somebody in a blonde wig.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Dead serious? Wait?
Speaker 2: Was it real rain?
Speaker 3: We know it wasn't you. Not wanting to do it.
Speaker 1: They just were trying to say, wait, I will not go in the rain.
Speaker 2: Was it fake rain?
Speaker 1: No, that's real rain. It's just like from a rain bar they put up over head water rain.
Speaker 2: It's real water.
Speaker 1: It's real rain. When waterfall out of the sky, it's rain.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that that isn't you? Or can you tell that.
Speaker 1: That it can tell that's not me?
Speaker 2: Was it Luke?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was Luke.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was like Luke and a blonde wig.
Speaker 1: No, it was Luke with somebody else.
Speaker 2: Would that be considered rude that you're like, Luke, you do it. I'm not gonna go do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that would have been considered rude. But I'm sure that's not how it happened. So they were like, sure it was a production thing. Like I was in the makeup trailer getting my burn up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're daily in.
Speaker 1: The scene like they're the tanker they need to win. Yeah, she leaves. But I looked like a little bit like it reminded me of the Crown with a resist Diana wig.
Speaker 2: On back and watch to see if I can tell it's not you.
Speaker 1: You'll be able to tell.
Speaker 3: I feel like, do you think they gave you approval of that wing though.
Speaker 4: Like like walk by while you're in the making, they're like, is this okay?
Speaker 1: And you're like, okay, sure, no, and you're like, I had nothing to say about that.
Speaker 2: Wow, what Well if.
Speaker 4: They had asked me, I would have said no, because one, I'm almost not on board with this hair to begin with, and no, I'm not approving that way.
Speaker 1: No, we would have never really good. Then we go to Valerie's hotel room where she's we think somebody's having a romantic breakfast for two. It was it you guys.
Speaker 3: It was like, pretty woman, Is that what they were trying to do?
Speaker 1: Like, like, I was so excited. It looks so nice.
Speaker 3: It was visually beautiful. I was in there in the moment.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden, Oh mfg, I forgot all about Ray being writing words.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: First of all, the table, the pink table. I was like, what is this?
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. It's all laid out, it's suposed to be so like.
Speaker 2: It was a little cheesy with their pink table.
Speaker 1: But then it was nineteen ninety five. It's very scene, so unhinged on so many levels.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I had completely forgotten that they were doing this until.
Speaker 2: What I did not. I didn't forget any second.
Speaker 4: Take all my men whatever, And then I really felt I felt a little gutted in the scene. You guys like, I'm yeah, I'm gonna hear it. Not really, I don't care.
Speaker 2: She's terrible, you guys.
Speaker 1: She's terrible and Calorie terrible. He does a great job, right, prove it officially.
Speaker 2: The scene was so terrible.
Speaker 3: She's somebody who cares about.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: It's so bad. She's so smiley, he's so weird and such a lying.
Speaker 4: The most mad is she like basically threatens, like if you don't stand at breakfast with me, like I'm gonna tell Donna.
Speaker 3: And then she laid it on that she wanted and like, oh.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite breakfast you.
Speaker 2: You two. I'm a breakfast person. So then I couldn't really be mad. She calls you miss goody two shoes.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, you couldn't be mad because she wanted eggs beededict.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't be mad because it got me all hungry and I was excited, and I remember.
Speaker 1: The taste like the holiday sauce, and I was like, well, I did let it go.
Speaker 2: Ray looked.
Speaker 1: I did kind of get a little when Ray flipped the table. I like that.
Speaker 4: I like, oh, I like my best friend just got a little over like my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: See that feels okay to me.
Speaker 4: Like that, I'm excited about no mystery.
Speaker 3: I don't think messed up.
Speaker 2: So just break it down, because I was like taking this for at face value, like going, okay, she is a two timing backstabbing Meani right, she's Meani, miss me t shoes like me too. Ray is a jerk. So Ray just slept with her, which okay, pretend he is just cheating on you. He's still like, should stay for breakfast. She's gonna be nice about it. Flipping the table was insane.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 3: I liked it too. That was the part of the scene I liked after the.
Speaker 2: Exp but it was so like, yes, I get it, she's she's totally annoying and crazy. It seemed level ten, Like just leave, bro, just leave and just say you know what, I apologize. I made a mistake. I never should have done this. I'm out.
Speaker 3: He's along with the line.
Speaker 4: What's the end of the scene. Breakfast is served? Like you have to punctuate that, so.
Speaker 3: It had to be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was, so he is so that double layer the T shirts.
Speaker 2: Oh you gouys, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Look we like bad boys, it's clear, yeah, but you and I.
Speaker 2: And it's just like his response was level ten when her annoyingness was like level two.
Speaker 1: She's not two or two maybe like a sick.
Speaker 2: Why is he sleeping with her? Like, knock it off right and all?
Speaker 1: He can't get any loving from his lady, so he's doing what his mama told him.
Speaker 2: I know that that was bad too. M hm.
Speaker 1: On, we go on, we go really fast.
Speaker 2: There's so many people out there that love Valerie. I just need to know why? Why do people love her up to this point? She's mean because she's cute.
Speaker 1: She's really cute, and she's like like there's that little wicked you like that little wicked devilish like you and I like the bad boys. There's people out there that like the bad girls.
Speaker 2: I love to hate her, Winkle.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what it is. Okay, I am curious.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: I mean, like after this moment and he's now cheated on Donna and she's talked about Donna.
Speaker 2: This way.
Speaker 3: How will they feel about Valeria. I don't think they're going to not like her?
Speaker 2: What about the car? I know we're not quite there yet.
Speaker 1: No, we're not there yet, so you have to hold your beans. We're going to go to the hospital now. Amy, I'm sorry to break it to you.
Speaker 2: It's okay. I like it.
Speaker 1: You like the storyline too?
Speaker 2: Okay, terrible, but I like it.
Speaker 1: Andrea is going for a job interview that I think Peter doctor, I mean, sorry, what is he doctor?
Speaker 2: He's a residence a time doctor.
Speaker 1: Peter Tucker is going to get her the job, right because he's excited to have her at the hospital so he can see her every day. Yeah, he's so so flirty and sassy and I like it too.
Speaker 2: They're flirting is cute. It's so wrong, but it's cute.
Speaker 3: Their chemistry is good.
Speaker 2: Good call Tory. Yes, it is so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't happen very often, but it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then up Brando. Brando goes to Chancellor Arnold's to get help with Kelly right in his calliny office. Oh right, he's got a leak.
Speaker 2: He needs some pump. Did you hear him say, do you have a some pump?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because everybody has one of those.
Speaker 2: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: Last night I had to get one. You guys both had to get some pumps.
Speaker 2: I luckily didn't have to do last night, but I knew what it was.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget what it is now, no gosh. And then I watched this episode and it's there again.
Speaker 1: It was just like you're like, yep, life art art life, and then there's But Chancellor Arnold says he cannot give Brandon any confidential confidential information about Professor Finley and that there's nothing he can do for him. However, he is willing to step outside. Well, Brandon sneaks a peak.
Speaker 2: That wasn't quite yet.
Speaker 5: But fine, wait, but what's the there's a word that wait, there's a word called prosthelyte, prosthlyizing, prostolytizing, prostest it's a prostate.
Speaker 2: It's some kind of from prostitute. What it's a it's a word but from prostitute.
Speaker 1: Or does it mean prost like pros like you know in church they give a sermon and they're given the.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you're right, Oh my gosh, Jenny. It is to convert or attempt to convert from one religion, belief or opinion to another.
Speaker 1: What's the word prosely I can't say it. It's prostolizing.
Speaker 2: So I was completely wrong.
Speaker 1: And Jenny, when they said that, I was like, whoa, they're doing that on campus.
Speaker 2: I thought it was prostituting. But it's not.
Speaker 1: A prostate problem, so they're anoscolotize.
Speaker 2: Proselytize.
Speaker 3: That's a hard word to say.
Speaker 2: Wow, I couldn't have been more wrong, never saying again proselytized.
Speaker 1: There's no But I actually knew the definition of a word that she didn't.
Speaker 2: I am p r O c l Y T.
Speaker 1: I Baby, I was wrong hair for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just sitting here in between you guys going.
Speaker 2: My college years, did nothing and your.
Speaker 3: And she nailed.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you know what, Amy I am. I'm not book smart, I'm street smart.
Speaker 2: I bow down.
Speaker 3: I was just a pretty face with hair, not.
Speaker 2: Just a pretty face.
Speaker 1: Well done, professor, Yes, thank you, thank you so much. Now we're going to go to the New Evolution headquarters. I love when we go there. It's very yeah, it's very like. It convinces me that something is going down.
Speaker 2: Agree, very like Hogwarts.
Speaker 1: Good set for a sketchy good set, yeah, and real, like you can tell this is a big, real house. Yes, So Kelly takes Dylan there to meet Professor Finley in a.
Speaker 4: Suit, in an ill fitting suit. I'm not happy with the Dylan suit.
Speaker 2: I like the ruse though. I like the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I like it too.
Speaker 2: I like that we're kind of it's a setup, but Dylan's very good at it, open mindness. I'm enjoying their connecting. Although crystals, wait, say.
Speaker 1: That again, I like to talk of MAUI yeah, right, I.
Speaker 2: Have questions about them at the end, but for now, I enjoyed their kiss. I enjoyed it all.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the part where we really see Dylan putting it on, right, But I didn't know he was putting it on as an audience, like a little bit maybe great, but I kind of was like, oh, he's there to support Kelly, and.
Speaker 4: I think he's open in the same way I was drawing into that, like, yeah, so it's kind of both though, right, I.
Speaker 1: Looked a little puffy in this scene. I will say I did not notice that he neither. I was like, either I'm sicked that day and I wasn't feeling well, or that's what I look like when I get brainwashed.
Speaker 2: You do have a scene later where you look extraordinarily pretty. I have to It'll come back to me when I see it. There's like a big close up on you. That being said, I think Dylan went because Randon's like, bro, this is bad. But I don't think he's going in hot like this is bad. I gotta drag her.
Speaker 1: Out like he's like, no, he's like going in undercover.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see what's happening here.
Speaker 1: He's slipping into Professor Finley's d MS.
Speaker 2: Kind of Yeah, he learned a lot from Jonesy, so he's using.
Speaker 1: All that's true true wi okay, so pop up from under the desk. But now we go to Andrea's house, where we see baby Hannah, who looks nothing like Jesse.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 1: That baby does not look like their baby. I'm sorry, rod twist it's Brandon's.
Speaker 2: That would have been really juicy, imagine.
Speaker 1: But Jesse doubles down on the fact that he really likes Peter and his wife and he wants to invite them over for dinner. So awkward award yikes. Did we go to Dylan's house?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? By the fire?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because I didn't know where they were at first, Like I didn't recognize that set.
Speaker 2: Dylan or were they at the Finley mansion?
Speaker 1: They were at Dylan's. Oh wow, it wasn't It's like a part of Dylan's.
Speaker 2: Because the.
Speaker 1: Phone rings and she invites Dylan to the malletting and.
Speaker 2: He's not interested. Someone's trying to sell him magazines, but it's Brandon. Yeah, the malletting.
Speaker 3: You guys are going fast.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal. The malletting. This is a Yeah. We find out that this is a young woman that Finley has set up to marry an older money bags guy.
Speaker 2: Gross. So gross sketchy dot com. Yeah, speaking of sketchy, the next scene go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Jenny outside the peach pit after dark word Ray and Donna are making out in his truck.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, it is so sketchy.
Speaker 1: I wrote down, OMG, I hate you Ray Pruett, You're a liar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was like Valerie with the crazy face.
Speaker 1: Like that, Why would she park like that behind his car, like basically blocking his so weirdy they're crazy, and poor Donna is just.
Speaker 3: Know she's so in love.
Speaker 1: We want to shaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was worse if we had a name.
Speaker 1: Who's worse Valerie or Ray? Say you or Donna at this point in your life at this time? No, it was so confused. I wasn't sure at this moment, Ray, because he's lying to Donna's face.
Speaker 2: True, okay, fair, fair, she we expect nothing of Valerie.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, true, we want to like this guy because Donna likes him. Wait, do I get to stay on mess?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You think? I mean you could say something? Ask me the question again, who's worse at this moment? Ray or val Okay, it's not worse. Worse at what like that could be being a human being?
Speaker 4: Ooh, existing, I mean Valerie's not hurting anyone. She had no investment in Donna. It's not her problem.
Speaker 2: Like she's just doing.
Speaker 1: She's not hurting anyone. She's hurting everyone, but she doesn't she she has stakes in it. She is no no emotional steaks in anyone. She's doing what's right for her.
Speaker 4: She's going way below the belt, is the thing anymore? Or of the belt are all around the belt?
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't know. Yeah, I guess Ray? Fine?
Speaker 1: Oh nice, you actually saw yeah pretty terrible?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, Ray, because I don't even like Ray from the Breakfast Flip. Pretend there was no Donna, or pretend Donna's some random we don't even care about.
Speaker 1: I don't like Ray at all. I don't like Ray. I don't like Bray and his little whiny want to Donna all the time about what he wants, what he doesn't want.
Speaker 3: Sing it all on the show back his performance in him slightly.
Speaker 1: Not like thatble So it's like, oh, yeah, but what would be watching him sing at the peach pit after dark make me like him? You liking musicians so amazing? Yeah, you're right, Oh my god, that's so funny. I was. Jason sent me a text the other day that he was said, I've met the Nashville Airport and I saw this and it made me think of you want me to pick you up? One? And it was a te shirt that said DIBs on the drummer.
Speaker 3: That's good funny, right.
Speaker 1: I like musicians, but anymore, I mean I used to. Yeah, yeah, this seems pretty heart wrenching.
Speaker 4: To watch everyone else musician my entire life except on TV except for rayp rut.
Speaker 1: He was the one and only and look what he did to you, I know, So yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Then we go.
Speaker 1: Yep, we're at the Miletting. It's a very beautiful ceremony. Dylan's there with Killy killing Dylan and Chilly well they're killing her softly basically, yeah, Kelly. And that's where Dylan finds out that the elderly man Mason that is getting married to the young gal, he is going to sell his house to give that money to the new evolution.
Speaker 2: So crazy?
Speaker 1: How much you think that is? Like couple mill No, three hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say fifty. I don't know. I don't feel like.
Speaker 2: It's I don't think he was a millionaire.
Speaker 1: Well that is a pretty nice house, you guys, what those are? Maybe have to get the crisis the house there, he's going to sell that house and donate that money.
Speaker 2: Oh a million? I do think it. Then?
Speaker 3: Oh, I was thinking answers in.
Speaker 2: Some house in Studio City. I don't know. No. I like this scene where they're kind of talking and there is this where we have the kiss. Where do we but be outside?
Speaker 1: I think we have the kiss outside?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so I think there's an Andrea. Sorry, oh my god, there's an Andrea.
Speaker 3: Wow. That was a real creamy pause.
Speaker 1: Would you like us to edit that or would you.
Speaker 2: Like let it be left in?
Speaker 1: You would?
Speaker 2: Wow? That was and kiss? I think then we go back, so go for it. Talk to me about all the kisses.
Speaker 1: Well, did you I did notice a little but in this scene that I didn't see any burn glue on Kelly's neck. We were shooting like right over her shoulders, and my neck was pure as the driven snow.
Speaker 2: Like it used to be. Burn consistency is not always accurate because the burn comes and goes like the wind.
Speaker 1: I think too, Yeah, Diana Valentine, Diane Valentine, Oh our continuity later, Yeah, she never missed a thing. That's interesting. Was she there then in that season? I think so, Yeah, she was always there. But you know what they used for that? When I say the neck glue, because that's what they used to put on my neck, rubber cement. No, like rub it around and then paint a makeup over it. Wait, it was like a rubber prosthetic and then they made.
Speaker 2: It make a look. It was literally ball that we all made in sixth grade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shut up, and then you use.
Speaker 1: Spread it on your head and then like rub it and make a book on it.
Speaker 4: Because it was glue, but then it wasn't glue, like one kid in the corner that was eating it and you were.
Speaker 3: Like, oh god, far glue.
Speaker 2: That's Stuff's going to be a problem from that. But rubber cement, when we got to rubber cement from the White Elmers, that was life changing because you could you could really go out, you didn't have to be so perfect about it, and then you could rub it off the over.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're glue overage. Yeah. So yeah, there's that. And then they kiss in the non rain.
Speaker 2: Right, but they oh, it's so beautiful in the rain. But I like that kiss. I mean, I don't know who I like you with more both.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know who I like Kelly with more either. And that's the hardest part. It's because people for the rest of my life will ask me which one was it, Kelly, Dylan or Brandon.
Speaker 2: Both splitter into Like they said, a splitter into.
Speaker 1: It sounds gross, But yeah, so Dylan and Kelly kiss, which is a pretty big plot twist there. Yeah. Then we go back and we see Andrea, who all of a sudden has a conscience.
Speaker 3: Why start now?
Speaker 2: But I was rising in the elevator. Was this kissing in the elevator scene and then the door opens into Chelsey.
Speaker 1: No, this is when they're in the she's got started her job and he comes in there and he doesn't even shut the door all the way right.
Speaker 4: Sorry, the elevator's later, so she doesn't like that he's getting messy with it. I just didn't understand she didn't care, Like, no, she cares all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's because it's like interfering with her work.
Speaker 4: Of a type personality and HER's coming out it's like a working now, okay, personal didn't matter.
Speaker 2: And now she's kissing the doctor.
Speaker 1: It's so cliche and right in front of the window with the weird little cutouts so you can see right through it. I'm not comfortable with his hair.
Speaker 2: That makes him so cute though.
Speaker 1: It's his hair and its dimples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I like the.
Speaker 3: Hair, like long hairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna get bad for them.
Speaker 3: Start back and watch.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna go to Rai's mom's house smoking while she vacuums. Well, because who doesn't totally her hoss was a mess. What do you think that was on the floor When.
Speaker 2: She says it's a dump, She's all a nice place.
Speaker 1: That says nice place. It's a dump. I mean, I mean I looked very comfortable. It's feel comfortable there watching it, right, I felt comfortable.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: I wanted to help her clean it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I felt nervous about that rug that it hasn't been shampooed in a while.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Probably smells so smoky. She smokes a lot. I can't tell. She was kind of going to go outside to smoke.
Speaker 1: But like, Na, how did Valerie find out where Ray lives?
Speaker 4: She can find out anything, you guys. This is great, her first biger, first radio.
Speaker 1: She is like, she google it?
Speaker 2: Wa question?
Speaker 1: She looked in the Thomas Guide. How would she know where he yellow page? They had yellow pages still.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe the addresses in the white pages.
Speaker 1: The white pages. But it's all one thing, right, It's so back to the future. Remember what comes first?
Speaker 3: Yellow or white?
Speaker 2: How do they do yellow businesses? Right?
Speaker 1: And it depends on how big your town is, because if your town's really big, then it's just like exclusive to the yellow pages. Oh they don't like sorry, only New Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Like it just makes me think of Marty McFly. He goes and the diner and he's trying to find Doc Brown and he tears the page.
Speaker 1: That's how she did it. That's how she found him. Wait, she comes over to bring him his sheet music? Does he really carry a portfolio with his she? Is he a freaking conductor? What's happening?
Speaker 3: I just got really defensive.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you guys, I'm so screwed up emotionally with all of these men on the show.
Speaker 2: And these people are a mess, Like I literally want to yeah, they're a mess. Because she then this pushed this whole thing pushes me over the edge. What the hell are you doing? Then she says, I'm sorry, I got so possessive.
Speaker 1: I just was like, wtf is authough?
Speaker 3: She's just doing a mind app on him?
Speaker 2: Like correct, But also remember back then we would use that word possessive. Don't be possessive of him?
Speaker 3: Oh you're right, what is that word now?
Speaker 2: Clingy?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Maybe clingy? I don't know what triggered me. I was like, Valerie, it's not being crazy, how about that? And raise so mean? Like she should be like, you're not even a nice like side piece. I'm saying, is like even if I was to open my mind to this nonsense of him being like her side piece and she's his. Okay, he's mean, here's a terrible side piece like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, but we've already established that she's not well mentally, and so she of course is going to want that person that's going to be mean to her.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how this is going to work.
Speaker 1: Like a challenge. I start saying the word possessive. That's awesome, but possess it was like a demon though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you weren't well. Yeah, but like I remember in college being like people being like, don't be possessive.
Speaker 1: You're right, No, I know what it was like so bad, And I'm like, you know what I mean, I would we even say that?
Speaker 2: We were so dumb?
Speaker 1: Yep. Then leu Anne comes out and gives him some more advice to watch out for that one.
Speaker 2: She's here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's say touched Luann for a second. So his mama, here's the thing. There's some of the weird thing going on here, like wait, what is it?
Speaker 3: The Oedipus note?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's okay, Yeah, So she wants to screw up everything for him. She doesn't want him to be happy. She doesn't want him to leave her because she's saying, just go screw someone, and she done your good.
Speaker 1: I think she's she wants to make sure he keeps Donna.
Speaker 2: I oh, so she likes to Donna gravy train too. She wants she.
Speaker 3: Wants him to pick the rate.
Speaker 4: Girl to cheat on, but he's she said, just go on and get someone, get someone, get it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: But I think she doesn't want him to get caught up with this one because she's in a class by herself. Yeah, she's trouble.
Speaker 3: What does Louianne want for Ray?
Speaker 2: She's not a great mom.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna she is not She wants Donna for Ray, but she wants Ray to be happy. Whether it's right to get his you know, I want anybody is want because I don't think she's happy.
Speaker 3: And she doesn't want him to be happy.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't get that. My take was he's gonna dump Donna and she doesn't sleep with him. So missus Pruett is saying, no, oh, keep Donna, but just get your rocks off? Is that how you say that? On the side, it's terrible mothering. She's not a good it's not good mothering. She's terrible advice. I mean, it's all bad. There's a mess, and are actually meant for each other because they're both terrible.
Speaker 3: It's just a mess. Okay.
Speaker 1: Then we go to the house. We see Brandon and Dylan together, which is always nice to see.
Speaker 2: They both looked great, they did.
Speaker 1: And they're at Brandon's house now, so he's there to basically report back to Brandon about what he saw at the New Evolution, and I was very pleased.
Speaker 2: He tells about the kiss. He's very honest. I was like, these two are my kind of people because I was so.
Speaker 1: Brandon says, did you sleep with her? Yep, and Dylan says, no, we kissed a couple of times. He had to add that part though, I'm super honest about it more than what you know what I mean, Like he's like, you need to sell.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't write, so he just had to like get a little. But he does say to Brandon the Finley isn't such a bad guy, like he sees the things that Kelly sees, like the good parts of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was a little concerned that the finleyness or whatever it was called was sucking Dylan in But I but I wasn't too concerned.
Speaker 1: Just a little yeah, because you kind of felt like he might be. That's good, because that's what we were supposed to think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next next at Chancellor Arnold's office. We're back there with Chancellor Arnold and Brandon the plastic. I was very concorded, right, you're right. This is where he gets these condition of the mold.
Speaker 2: Because they're just like drying out the rug and I'm like, you're gonna need to rip that up. I have a mold problem.
Speaker 1: But okay, I like seeing Chancellor Arnold in his rain boots though.
Speaker 2: Yep, he's so adorable. Really is. If you were to look in my drawer, I wouldn't know anything about it. You want to go to lunch, Oh I'm not available because I'm going to be going through your files exactly.
Speaker 1: And then he gets the information that he needs, Thank goodness, Greg, Jared. So we are going to go back to wait, hold on, yeah, this was weird. Oh okay, yeah, oh this is so weird. This scene was creepy. We go back to the New Evolution headquarters, where Dylan has gone to visit Professor Finley was gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure at first what was going on. I was like, wait a second, is does is Professor Finley saying that he's going to marry Kelly like that he wants to be listen.
Speaker 2: To it somehow because he's like, we haven't become intimate yet, not physically.
Speaker 1: That was really good.
Speaker 2: I wanted to puke.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Dylan starts his double news, his double He's now he's a double double agent.
Speaker 3: Doubling down.
Speaker 1: He tells Finley that he will donate all his money to the New Evolution if Finley can convince Kelly to be with Dylan.
Speaker 2: Pretty genius.
Speaker 3: It is really good that.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, okay, So in the other milettings that we saw, it was usually a younger girl and an older man, or young man and an older woman. In this case, I feel like Kelly really hit the jackpot. He should just go with it. You should just do this because then they just be untouchable and they could live happily ever after.
Speaker 2: Make out with Finley.
Speaker 1: What if that happened?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank Maxium guy watched this and that's how he got all his ideas.
Speaker 3: Probably so grow that would be sad. That would be We'd like to know we influenced a lot of people, but not kissed.
Speaker 2: Then Brandon's bebop to the beach else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess he's there looking for Kelly right, probably, and he ends up using her phone and trying to find this Greg Jarrett dude.
Speaker 2: But he was also playing scrabble well everybody else.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is the only place that we see Am I wrong? Is this the only scene where we see Steve but only the back of his head?
Speaker 3: Again? That's right? Every episode? What number episode is this?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: He's popped into one or two scenes.
Speaker 1: Did he is happening? He did not.
Speaker 2: He just walked.
Speaker 1: You literally see the back of him walk through Frank.
Speaker 3: Was it him or the same person that had on that way?
Speaker 2: It's so weird. I wonder what was going on? Could he have been having like going on.
Speaker 4: Like something at this point, there's something going on, like he was filming something.
Speaker 3: There was something else.
Speaker 1: But they're having a game, they're having people over and Donna is also invited.
Speaker 2: You know, he probably spoke and it got cut.
Speaker 1: I want to find out because it's been several episodes where Steve Sanders is just after.
Speaker 2: He had such a big one with Milton Brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird. Then we go back to the headquarters where Professor Finley tells Kelly.
Speaker 2: Struggling, No, it's me.
Speaker 3: There's something.
Speaker 1: Professor Finley tells Kelly that Dylan is her soulmate and that he has potential to be a path.
Speaker 3: Find That just must have screwed with her new on so many levels.
Speaker 1: Right, She was like processing all that and thinking late, yeah, are you sure? Yeah? That was confusing.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go backwards, but I do feel that we have to acknowledge Clayre's belt, her crop top with her belt around her just nothing. Did you guys notice that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I remember that was a thing.
Speaker 2: She was wearing a crop top at a belt around her stomach. Yeah, no pants.
Speaker 1: I did not notice it.
Speaker 2: It was very like what Kathleen.
Speaker 1: Would do that a lot would do. Was that a thing then or did she just like start that. I don't remember this at all ever seeing her do that.
Speaker 3: I remember Kathleen doing this often.
Speaker 2: It was crazy cool though. So anyway back to Finley being a matchmaker.
Speaker 1: Right, he tells Kelly to love Dylan emotionally, spiritually, and physically, and she's facing it in her head. Great, okay, okay, if I have to twist my arm.
Speaker 2: Was this also right before where Ray yells at Donna because Valerie? Oh my god, yes, Oh, he's just getting worse and worse.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, relax, my boyfriend you're talking about he's terrible, toy, He's terrible.
Speaker 2: You've got to goriam. Oh going.
Speaker 1: Then we see Greg Jared's house, where Brandon has driven all the way to the OC.
Speaker 3: Which is irrelevant. He drives everywhere in like ten minutes, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Not that far in the right, and Greg tells him to leave because he doesn't want to talk about anything friendly related. Somehow he gets him to listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our boy wonder convinced yes and gets the goods.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. This is the scene where they're back at the Cedars. We're back at the hospital and Jesse and Andrea, I mean no, Peter and Andrea are making out in the elevator, you guys, and.
Speaker 2: The door opens in there.
Speaker 3: It's Jesse. This is the one Amy's been waiting for.
Speaker 2: It was a great makeout, even though I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 1: What are the chances zero? The chances are actually zero?
Speaker 2: Are actually zero.
Speaker 1: But this stuff happens to you guys in real life on TV on TV.
Speaker 4: Not this exactly, but just when you're like nothing like this would ever happen, and somehow happens, it happens.
Speaker 2: Here's my thought. Yes, Peter is too good at this, Peter, I know.
Speaker 3: No, don't stay.
Speaker 2: I thought so too.
Speaker 1: I was like, I've this smells fishy. Yes, so what he's done this before?
Speaker 3: How many times? Do you think?
Speaker 1: A lot?
Speaker 2: Because he's not happy with his wife. There's lots of nurses and lots of young man you know who's he is at the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Totally. He is way too smooth. He was not even taken the sideways by Jesse. It was just hey, hey, great to see you, Andrea Man, I'd love to do dinner. And I just was like, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Then back to Dylan's house where they kind of have set up like a little intervention are Kelly, Yes, and she thinks she's coming over to get her man, Yeah, seal the deal. She's gonna go do some Finley speak with Dylan.
Speaker 2: Oh Finley speak, and she.
Speaker 1: Says, meaningful change begins with personal sacrifice. Oh gosh, and he tells her the truth. He tells her that Finley it would take his money if he could sleep with Kelly, and then he calls out Brandon and Greg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like behind door number two, go on, Brandon, come on Greg. Oh but that picture, the picture, oh, the picture.
Speaker 1: Of him man carrying that woman who must have been eighty years old, definitely eighty.
Speaker 2: The terribleness that he tried to commit suicide.
Speaker 1: I think that was it for Kelly. Once she saw that.
Speaker 3: Totally, she was like, oh, yeah, what have I done?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then I got confused because she leaves with Dylan.
Speaker 1: H Brandon's like, I'll take you, and then she leaves with Dylan. I didn't really weird because she's always left with Dylan and she'll always leave with Dylan in her heart, except at.
Speaker 2: The end of this episode she goes with Brandon and Dylan walks off alone.
Speaker 1: I think that she wants to go with Dylan. Like I feel that she wants to go with Dylan. I mean, not just because she was brainwashed, but and then even at the scene when they're leaving the New Evolution at the end, YEP, I feel like she's just pulled so strongly back to him. But goes with Brandon anyway.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, but her so old mate is Dylan.
Speaker 3: But you can have two versions of a soulmate, like.
Speaker 2: A great poietory. True.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Brandon's her soulmate on a different level. But I think Brandon's good for her. I mean, aside from the fact that he cheated on her and let her burn in the house fire. But I think as of her partner, he's he is, he's solid, he's a good match, and he calms her in. But Dylan ignites her in every meaningful way. It's just yeah, let's go back to the peach bit though, because Ray apologizes to Donna for acting like a jerk when he yelled at her about Valerie. Not I mean, obviously he's not gonna stick around for Valerie to come over and play scrabble.
Speaker 2: That was so crazy too.
Speaker 1: And of course Donna forgives him right away, which I did not like.
Speaker 2: See yeah, too soon she forgives him, And then there's crazy Valerie.
Speaker 1: There's old val How does she wind to walk in just the right moments? Every time literally got a they said action and they were like que gallory. I know, but I don't think of that when.
Speaker 2: I pretend it's real, pretending it's real.
Speaker 1: And she and then she goes backstage. She goes backstage and she wants to get frisky with Ray.
Speaker 2: Oh, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: She's so stupid, Like she doesn't understand the word no.
Speaker 3: She's the word no. She just wants what she wants.
Speaker 2: And I think, Tori, this is where she sort of does the threat.
Speaker 1: Well right where she says, I wonder where Donna went. She's going to go talk to her ice cream. Dad threatened like, is she going to find you and tell you?
Speaker 2: I mean, at some point, if you were Ray, would you sleep with her? Or just tell Donna yourself? Hey, Donna, I love you, but I messed up and I slept at Valerie and now she's gone full Cray.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, he should because I feel like I know you get what you guys are gonna say, Like Donna forgets everything. But it would be the right thing to do, and if they really had something and could move forward, this would be the time to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to step to man up.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't know yet that he's cheated on her. No, but he could do the right thing though right now and tell her he cheated on her, and then they could make amends and move forward. And then it's Valerie and she's turned psycho and yeah, and then Valerie does would Yeah, well, Donna would have hopefully left his ass. She wouldn't because Kelly's now back from the New Evolution. She's not going to let you stand microphone down there. I'm so palted. No, Donna get back with Ray. He cheated on her, but I stayed, Okay, we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna get more mad, Ray is, so is Valerie.
Speaker 2: It really kind of bothered me, Like I love it, but it's bothered me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this episode left me with a feeling of like unrest UNEs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't go to sleep after this.
Speaker 1: I watched it the last night. I was like, like, you're just like you're just like fired up. Yeah, but you're supposed to be right. Andre is cheating on Jesse, Rai's cheating on Donna. There's storms coming at you from every angle in this. He's split in two. Brandon's heart's hurting, Dylan's heart's hurting.
Speaker 2: Steve is not on the show anymore.
Speaker 1: Steve just wants to play scrabble.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see him.
Speaker 1: No, I swear I saw the back of his body walk through frame.
Speaker 2: Were Jim and Cindy in it? I don't remember that either.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so, you're in the cress.
Speaker 2: That's so many characters.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on in this episode, so much, so much. It was really good. You guys, what do you give it?
Speaker 5: Ooh?
Speaker 1: So as a viewer, I.
Speaker 4: Want to give it atten just because it was like I was on the ride the entire time. But I have to put a little bit of myself and Donna in there, and it gave me a little PTSD on so many levels, just like, get it me a little bit. So I'm gonna have to go with a nine.
Speaker 1: Nine nine nine, Okay.
Speaker 2: I have a very similar feeling to Tori. I want to give it a ten, but I'm gonna give it a nine point five because I'm so upset and disturbed. I love it, but I'm really upset.
Speaker 1: I am in full agreement with both y'all, I'm gonna give it a nine point six. All right, we all really love this episode, but we all felt disturbed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, everyone feels a little disturbed sometimes.
Speaker 1: In a little I'm a little upset. I'm a little like I don't want to end a show that I've spent a whole I spent all week waiting for this episode. You guys to watch it, just like back in the nineties when you didn't have a DVR or those things, or it was only on at one time during the week and you had to wait. I waited all week. Yeah, and then I felt I feel like this after I watch it, and I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm I don't feel good even should you wait another week to watch another one?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna feel shitty all week and this unrest side.
Speaker 4: Of me unrest. But you can't wait for the next episode? Rates that's two?
Speaker 2: No, David was David in this?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Oh? Shoot crazy one to four main characters.
Speaker 3: Not even in this next episode?
Speaker 1: Season five, episode twenty two, Alone at the top All that's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be hard.
Speaker 4: See your stomach's all unrest just so you could be alone at the top.
Speaker 3: That's not a good feeling either.
Speaker 1: Who's alone at the top? I don't know yet.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 1: That's too much for me. Who couldn't be Who could it be that's alone at the top? Dylan Ray. Ray's at the top of his career.
Speaker 2: He's at the peak.
Speaker 1: No that we'll get to see it, but you know, I don't know. We'll find out. We'll see now. It is never ending, first of all, true and very good. We're getting to the part where I was like, you, guys, I feel like I liked season five.
Speaker 3: This is this is where they're starting.
Speaker 1: To get It's yeah, okay, I believe you. Well, I guess on that note, we all have to sit on pins and needles and wait until next week to find out who's at the top. Well, I won't be possessive and say goodbye first, so you guys go ahead, okay, bye bye us