Speaker 1: Hell were breathe and then it turns into creed. Do you want to start with a rap? Is mine?
Speaker 2: Yeo? Serving pancakes with Maddie and Cat you know where we're back. So it's a fact. I'm joining us in live right now. Ball is a thing, So let's go get it.
Speaker 1: Now now.
Speaker 3: Like drop Yeah, serving pancakes with us. I'm Maddie, Rachael, I'm Cat Bell.
Speaker 1: This week is more just like a recap of what's been going on because now we're in season. So what's been up?
Speaker 2: How's it going? A lot? You know? Happy New Year, by the way, happy.
Speaker 1: News, Happy New Year, Merry Christmas? Have you Thanksgiving? Did you get anything good for Christmas? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was in Miami for Christmas with I had a really good Christmas. I was in Miami for like the whole time, got lots of sun ate, lots of food and came back. Thanks. You know, it's called being black. Thank you. Was happy.
Speaker 1: Hey, Happy MLK day as well.
Speaker 2: Hey, I appreciate that. You know what I'm saying. Okay, lives matter, there we go people, Amen, powers of the people. Yes, what's your fist?
Speaker 1: Got you? Thanks anyway? And how is season going? Your team?
Speaker 2: Is you guys are off in Christmas? How is your Christmas? Oh?
Speaker 1: My Christmas. I went to California for a little bit to see my husband and then I went to tell your ride Colorado with my family and it was great. There's not a lot of snow right now, but it was a great time with the family.
Speaker 2: It wasn't too cold.
Speaker 1: It wasn't too cold. No, a lot of places didn't get a lot there. It's not cold enough for snow right now, so like the mountain actually wasn't like really that open anyway. And then New Year's we did with our team. We did a hibachi party at my house top top notch. It was so much fun to get highly recommend Oh it was. It was a hoot.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't as fun because I wasn't there. So next time next time, I'm glad live everyone y'all hear that team Houston. It wasn't as fun because I wasn't because I wasn't there. I wanted that to be out there like that.
Speaker 1: We still had a good time, all right. And then a week after that we started season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's where we are. Now, how's that going?
Speaker 1: You know, We're off to a little shaky start, but you know, I think that we're on our way. We're on our way up. I mean our first match was a little dicey, and then our next one was better, and so I feel like we're trending in a positive direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like the games are happening so fast, like everything almost seems like how to cover each other. I can't even remember. Okay, first game we aston, we played Omaha and I think we played Atlanta back to back, that kind of thing. But they kind of like, yeah, against each other. I came in like disassociaped many of them.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, it's been really quick, and the turnaround this year is quick, like we well, I get we just play you this weekend.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that too, by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get there. But okay, so right now we have my team in last place. We won't talk about that. And then we have Madison sitting at the top right like they're kind of killing it.
Speaker 2: It seems like, no, they're good. They're playing really well early on. Obviously, like with this league, there's so much parody, like any team any giving night can like win. But Madison is showing some really strong you know, ah in the beginning.
Speaker 1: And also how many matches have gone to five already? I mean, I know from between our two teams, we've had three.
Speaker 2: Type breaks two far matches. Yeah, yeah, we played one.
Speaker 1: Like any night is anyone's game, so got to stay ready.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that hasn't been any like three zero matches yet until.
Speaker 1: Last night when our first one was.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh I didn't even know that. Oops, sorry, thank you.
Speaker 1: So then yeah, you guys are two and one Nebraska. Nebraska's already played four matches. Yeah, played two, Okay, we've got time. Salt Lake is one in one. Atlanta's wanted to. Atlanta is good.
Speaker 2: I think they've always been good though. I think I think also just especially with them like losing Kelsey, I think our biggest thing we're thinking about as a team is that, like how their camaraderie would be without her. She was such a huge piece for them, and they've like developed that leadership amongst like a few players. Obviously Tessa Grebb, she's freaking killing ours is a.
Speaker 1: Monster test killing whatever you're eating. Keep doing that. Yeah, Pitch, it's crazy a lot. Maybe also you are going to pilate's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm putting on I put the girlies on Solid Core. By the way, I put them.
Speaker 1: On that in the water all solid Court needs to sponsor you, I know, I can watch. Yeah, holy crap, how the classes have you done? Now? A thousand?
Speaker 2: They have like a they say when you're if you're like one hundred classes or fifty plus classes, blah blah blah. I'm definitely like fifty plus classes. I'm like maybe too.
Speaker 1: You're on the Black Springs. What are the spring the elite level?
Speaker 2: I'm on the MLK Springs.
Speaker 1: There's like the Gray Spring, the White Spring, the Black the cat Bell Spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're different resistance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have your own machine now, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they like they make sure I know that I'm like another one that's like far away from everybody else actually because I have as you know, so totally totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what, you're just on your own missing in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: No. Actually, they think that I'm a pro coach, Like can I walk in the girl finished and my workouts are like are you a coach here? I'm like no, I just I'm gonna go to another location and with my schedule, I just came in there.
Speaker 1: You got to you need to say yes just to make them sweat a little bit.
Speaker 2: Skipping pro Like this girl text messaging today and she was like, oh my god, I was in your class today. I was gonna say hi, but like you were killing it. I don't want to shrack you, and like, yeah, don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: It's not because you're because do you have fame for volleyball or because you're famous for being in that class.
Speaker 2: I think famous from being in the class, and then when.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, Oh definitely, I think from my fall volleyball, and then she sees me but yeah, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But anyways, back we were saying, yeah, the really well, like I said, Tea is playing well for Atlanta, Love Austin. We're doing our thug this. You know what I'm saying, shout out you are about us.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing your thing.
Speaker 2: You know you're not last, We're not. We're I think we're a second maybe yes, So I got to look, I'm going to say that I'm going to stick with that.
Speaker 1: Back. Well, you guys are two and one right now. That record is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, my mental health is good. I'm doing giant had January right now. So I'm a little bit on the edge most of the days. But I'm doing good. You know, we're rolling.
Speaker 1: That's good. That makes one of us for dry January mental health also, I'm good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So then what do you guys have coming up? Where do you go to? Madison?
Speaker 2: So coming up, we have Madison coming up. We travel tomorrow our mattress on Wednesday. And the first thing I did this morning I woke up is I looked up the weather in Madison right now like negative six absolutely not like that hurts me, just like thinking about it, you know. So I know I got to pack some stuff to keep me warm and keep my feet seas warm. And yeah. So then we have Love madisone this week and then we'll turn around coming right back and then we have Love Houston this weekend.
Speaker 1: But where is it.
Speaker 2: We're playing in San Antonio at the Spurs Arena. So if you don't know now, you know, Love Austin has ownership by the San Antonio Spurs, so they own us now, and they wanted to do a cool little like collaboration of us playing on the home floor of the Spurs and we're gonna play Love Houst. So it's almost like Battle of Texas, you know what I mean, like who's gonna keep the.
Speaker 1: Hat heated rivalry, but not like the show, just like in the state of Texas.
Speaker 2: Which is Yeah. So that's this weekend January twenty fourth, if anybody wants to lock in on that. But that's coming out really good.
Speaker 1: That's I'm actually really excited for that. You guys a cool ownership group. Our ownership group. We've been doing a lot of stuff with the Texans as well. They're very hospitable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all's y'all have been doing a lot of good things. Like I saw you guys at the football game on the field, like we got some like love. They got us jerseys at the Spurs games, we got we sat next to the court. It wasn't called court side. Now I don't call the court side, but we sat next to the court.
Speaker 1: Maybe next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know me, I'm gonna figure it out working. I know there's no such as close map. Don't get fed. That's hot, That's what I'm thinking. So i'd be like, excuse me, can we.
Speaker 1: Are it's open?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one's open. All moved show Like my little fake credential. It just says love Austin and like who is that? It doesn't matter? Yeah, yeah, like white chicks.
Speaker 1: Move move exactly what I was going for. I didn't want to say the B word. I thought we can cuss on here, we can bleep that out. Thank you, yeah, pump for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We So the poor Texans they lost yesterday. It was pretty bad, but they invited us to the field yesterday for a watch party and so we were there watching the game with like the whole stadium of people. So that's pretty cool. Terrible showing though by them, but we love them anyway. Yeah, they're really great.
Speaker 2: Ride or Dies this weekend. Have a game this week.
Speaker 1: We go to Salt Lake on Wednesday, we play Thursday, and then we fly to San Antonio Friday and then we play you guys Saturday.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're not going home at all? You're just no, we have to.
Speaker 1: We're on the road. We're on the road, baby.
Speaker 2: Well are you gonna pack a tonnel walk outfit? Because we're coming on and off the court? Best really dead?
Speaker 1: I borrow one?
Speaker 2: You're the enemy right now?
Speaker 1: Can I just borrow like one? Donele bit out with?
Speaker 2: Please? I guess I can build you up something. Yeah, so we're trying to do like that, like Texas country western kind of thing. You know.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you know what, maybe I could ship something today to your house.
Speaker 2: Cowboy boots if you want to wear them. They're kind of like light brown.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because we need some picks. Yeah, well, okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get rich chic country luxury. That's what my theme is for all season long. I'm gonna give rich, give bridge.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're funding that or you already have that.
Speaker 2: What's what's the question about funding? What do you mean funding?
Speaker 1: Well, don't know, you're just giving rich, You're just general.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it. It's giving she is exactly who she thinks she is. That's what it's giving.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go, manifest that energy. Let's go. Yeah, all right, what else do we have going on in the league now?
Speaker 2: I mean nothing much. We just got we had two days off. I know ya don't get that much time off. But Eric was generous and enough we love Eric to give us two days and like we practice really well today. So he's like he's okay with like doing get the time permits itself and it lines up. So I think one thing for sure is like you just can't come off of a break that's given to you as a gift and come in slow and sloppy. And it wasn't like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The gym is very not intense. The gym is just very like high level, like every single day. I think it also helps of him being our coach. And this may be like a thing that like most of the teams don't like, you know, because he is a national team's coach and like I don't know, people thin we're getting a little bit better feedback with it, whatever it is. But I will say like him being with the that he's in and with the players on our team who want to be in the gym and be a part of like you know, he's like pick up the crop. They elevate themselves, they bring it every day, which has that kind of helped our team. Actually it's a blessing for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys have a really deep bench. Like I feel like on any given day if someone's shaky, that you guys have somebody that can go in.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like that's all of the teams. So like that's why it's so difficult because, yeah, maybe we're serving somebody off the court, but the next person who comes in can like start nailing passes and the whole game changes. And I think that's why we've seen so many matches go long or go to five now, because the benches are so deep and we just have so much elite talent in this league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not to toot our own horn, but I will say our bench is probably the deepest. Our bench is pretty deep. I just.
Speaker 1: Get at it.
Speaker 2: I'm on it. That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: What else is going on outside of volleyball?
Speaker 2: That's the volleyball. I don't know. I've just been outside of volleyball. I've been really good about like keeping my personal life in volleyball kind of separate. Like I've been doing a lot of traveling stuff back and forth right now, which I've kind of had to slow down just because I felt like I was living in two different realities. Like there's like my reality of like eat, sleep, volleyball and training all kinds of stuff too, than my alternate not false alternate reality of like sun boating.
Speaker 1: No vacation, vacation, you know, having two days off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like I need to touch grass more often, so like I'm trying, you need.
Speaker 1: To touch a volleyball more well, that too, you know that too.
Speaker 2: I am, I am, I'm When I'm vacationing, I'm working out and training. Still. The fact that.
Speaker 1: You're vacationing during season is driving me crazy. I love you, but how do you Eric Stupp giving them these days off?
Speaker 2: We need to rest on top of like I knew extra you know, when we travel, I'm working. I'm getting up early in the morning and going to the gym at the hotel, working myself out. Like I go solid core. I got a solid core before before weightlifting, and I go to weights and I go to practice, you know, if I want to do a little extra after. So we're tired.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's I can't believe you have the ability to go to solid core before or after.
Speaker 2: You see this body, like, yeah, but I'm gonna need this body gonna be tea. I need that to be perfection, you know, volleyball or not. I need that to be I'm always said, she goes take care of your body so long and you have the choice too.
Speaker 1: So hey, preach Regina ill. I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Maddie what about you? Are you? What are you doing? I'm taking care of yourself and that big ass head. You know what I did?
Speaker 1: I do a lot of you know. I love to craft and do anything and everything. So I got into baking sour dough. So I bake.
Speaker 2: And you're doing really well. I've seen some videos of other people's and I'm impressed by yours. I will say thank you.
Speaker 1: I do that, and I crochet. I I don't know, I just I'm always crafting something. I went to a pottery class the other day, like a wheel class. I really love that. So I keep myself busy. Not with extra workouts, because I don't think that I can handle that, but just with extra activity. No, and then maybe like a nice restaurant here or there, and like a director two here and there.
Speaker 2: That's my thing. I love.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm trying to. Twenty twenty six is the year of putting myself on a budget. Okay, yeah, because I've just been out and about too much. It's really easy when you have like all your friends here and you want to like go get food or go do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time saying no. You know, I love to just do stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same.
Speaker 1: It's someone it's almost like, hey, do you want to do this? I am the friend that says yes, immediately, let's go, let's go. I'm down.
Speaker 2: That's how we be in friends. So I totally understand that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty twenty six budget and boundaries, I think saying no and saving. I'm just kidding. I probably won't. I do say that. I'll think about it, Okay, yeah should Yes.
Speaker 2: My twenty twenty six resolutionary thing is like the word I'm going for this year is intentional. So everything I'm doing is with an intent. So whether that's like you know, when I go out to the grocery store, I don't always look an athlete. I can like actually put real people's like civilian clothes on, and like.
Speaker 1: You can put on your walk in outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, not that upscale, but you know what I mean. Like I can like put jeans on with a cute top and some sneaks or like a sandal and like go to a t be you know, my little AirPods in and then come back home. And I mean, I don't have to be wearing slides. It's my pants all the time. So if I'm working out and doing things I'm like really focused on like being in that like moment of whatever I'm doing and like getting the best like out of it.
Speaker 1: So that's a good word. Maybe I should change mine. I'm intentionally budgeting. Maybe I'm intentionally budgeting and setting back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, So we have us up this week. We need people to watch that. That's gonna be a big time or with the Spurs.
Speaker 2: Those are like our personal resolutions. Do you have? Does your team like have like a New Year's kind of like model they're doing this year.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have like a model. Well, I mean we have a team motto, but that's like private, so you can't know it, and I don't. I don't know. I mean, we have like some new talent this year. We have some younger girls on our team, and so I think like our vision is just kind of like progressed together as a team as the season goes along. I mean, we haven't had the best start, and I think that's pretty obvious, but.
Speaker 2: It's not. Hey, I think coming from our experience from last year, I now you start, how.
Speaker 1: You finished, how you finished, And I think that like we definitely have the capability to get hot when it matters. So I think that, you know, if we can just take lessons from our first two matches where we are trending in a positive direction, I would say, and just continue to build on what we have. I think it's gonna be really important for us, just because we're still like learning each other and we have some some newer girls, like learning the professional system in general. So yeah, we have some challenges, but I think that it is improving. So I'm excited to see where we finish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in super early days, you know, like I said, it's only what's three coming up or something like that, So I would say, yeah, ours this season, I would say, our resolution, our new Year's thing, or like our war for our team would be trust. I think we're building a lot of that around the entire like including staff, included in ourselves, trusting ourselves, trusting our teammates, trusting staff, trusting what we know as a unit, and that's helped us I think a lot through we haven't had as much we've been hading an adversity I would say yet, but like you know, I just helped us kind of like go through whatever we're going through because obviously we lost in five the other night, which kind of sucks, or we lost.
Speaker 1: Some you lost in four, but five, no you want in five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have those our first loss, but yeah. No, it's easy to kind of like get in that mindset really quickly early on and like kind of like build down. But instead we kind of, you know, we're coming up and building up, and then we have a positive mindset off the loss. And it wasn't an ugly loss, but you know, learning things. So the team thing is chress. So I love that.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, this week also coming up, we have Madison at Salt Lake on the twenty fourth, and then we have Nebraska at Atlanta on the twenty fifth. What do you think is going to happen in those matches?
Speaker 2: Hey, Madison is playing really well, they're really now hopefully CARLINI, Yeah, girl, she's gonna bush the rock.
Speaker 1: You're something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then they have the Chinese opposite, who's also amazing. You know, people don't really need to really know that much about it. That's the thing about It's like, you know, volleyball is just so small. I think, especially here in the States, people don't really know about like the players that are abroad, you know, and I'm like, I've heard things the Chinese opposite is like surprisingly good, and I'm like surprisingly, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, surprising, girl, she's been for a long time.
Speaker 2: She's the starting opposite for the Chinese national team. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're historically very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she passes. I played against her two years when I was in China and we played against them. We were able to take out like serve one of the outside she stepped back in plast dimes for them. So it's cool to see she's actually passing for love Madison on and off too, when Timmy is able to kind of hold her ground a little bit. But they're gonna be pretty good. I think they're a tough team to be Obviously, Salt Lake as well, you know, the Jordan Pults also a renowned phenomenal Olympics setter as well, Tory Dixon. You know, they're pretty big.
Speaker 1: Serena Serena gret also she destroyed us the first match. I think she had like nineteen points or something. Wild.
Speaker 2: I think we can get to see a lot of Serena last year, like we saw her, but like we didn't see like this Serena and of her. A lot of the other leagues were playing in this past fall, but she's brought that straight to the league. It's like, oh, I'm not surprised. That's what she does. That's what she does, and that's what we know now, you know.
Speaker 1: So I think she's really come into her own this year, like she Yeah, she's gonna be like really fun to watch, not fun to play against, but for sure big things for her. And then Nebraska Atlanta obviously, I think will be another really good match. You have a lot of ball control at Nebraska. Also Atlanta is like a pretty good ball control team as well. I think that'll be like a good battle just overall. I mean also stacked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Atlanta is like a good, like learning team. I will say that you could tell they pick up a lot of things with our offense and defense going into that second match versus them at the home game this past week. So they're really good about like those back to backs. I think they like those, you know, they can get back to it and kind of work on with the gym any things they need to work on, and then they're able to fulfill that minute to the court, you know against the same team, So it's gonna be a really good match for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to watch all of these and to play you guys this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm can you wait to see you. I've missed you. I haven't seen you, like since.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since since Athletes Unlimited, Right.
Speaker 2: I can't say that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we had a we had a friendly match here and I think that was the last time I saw that's right December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like December, the first week of December, so yep, I mean, but it's been over a month. It'll be coming up on yeah, almost two months, so this is.
Speaker 1: The longest we ever got.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So lots of volleyball this week, and we're also on What Channel, Arihanna.
Speaker 2: USA Network and ESPN Plus and Victory.
Speaker 1: There we go and Victory. I love that Victory is Free. People are loving that, Like that is huge for us. I think that way more eyes are honest now that people can access it.
Speaker 2: I think it's so cool. I didn't know how many people actually are watching on US. Yeah, I literally at least seven people have been like, hey, Like I was at work and like I saw a commercial when I saw your face, So your game was on, and I guess they have me as one of the challenge, like like video background playing on the TV, and so people were taking pictures of me like yelling for the challenge. It was like challenge. I'm like, I'm like, that's freaking the Harry Go. She's famous, She's but yeah, it was. It's pretty cool playing gains a network, especially because they have like a big wrestling following. So I think we come on like.
Speaker 1: Yes, wait when we did that for broadcast, what did you say that your name was? Didn't you have to pick a w W E name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it was about blocking. I think oh as Maine, cat Manian Devil, something like that. It was something like that. It was something like that, I give that pretty good. Yeah, okay, would be your wrestling wrestling name?
Speaker 1: I think I told them in broadcast because we were in because they were in Texas, and like sometimes if I get like a lucky not a lucky point, but like al flex like this, and so I said, my w W name would be big Flexus. Do you like it?
Speaker 2: I like it makes sense, big Flexus.
Speaker 1: You are so quiet and stunned. So I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I was doing that a lot lately. I hope doesn't come off too bad.
Speaker 1: I'm just processing, okay anyway, all right, so lots of volleyball to come this week. We're super excited and we hope that everybody watches on USA Network ESPN plus Victory. Is that it.
Speaker 2: We're everywhere, Yeah, wherever we can find us. Yeah, you'll see us. You'll catch us somewhere for sure on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays or Saturdays. Right, yeah, it changes.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're every day. To look for us.
Speaker 2: Just scroll on your TV guide, you'll find us.
Speaker 1: You'll find us, and you'll also catch us on the flip side.
Speaker 2: On the flip side, Thanks for watching Sermon Pancakes. I'm one of your hosts, Cat Bell.
Speaker 1: And I'm Mattie Ritchel. Thanks for watching Blocket. You guys, assass