Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour in this Monday, a lot of news, maybe a little bit of breaking news. Last hour ESPN reporting that Jannis would be open minded to leaving Milwonkee. That's a polite way of asking to be traded, and maybe it's just a coincidence. Comes out on the day of the NBA Draft Lottery, Utah, Charlotte and Washington fourteen percent chances to win Cooper Flag eight seven seven three. DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dpshow. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show for one hundred and fifty years. Greatness has been crowned here one of the oldest traditions in sports, the Preakness. That'll be live on NBC and Peacock. We'll get to your phone calls, best and worst of the weekend, which you saw that you liked you didn't like. We have our opener opening night Philadelphia. The defending Chams, as they do, will be hosting the first game of the season. They'll be hosting the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboys are seven point underdogs. Also, I just heard from DraftKings they said anytime TD score for the Cowboys and Eagles, Saquon Barkley is the big favorite, and then it's Jalen Hurts. Who do you think is third? This is best odds anytime touchdown score for Cowboys in the Eagles, Paul, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Go to you, third on the list for both teams.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, c Lamb, Cdee Lambs, Marvin Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: God, I was gonna say Lamb, So now I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Pickens, AJ Brown, AJ Brown, then CD, then DeVante Smith, Dallas Goddard, Vonte Williams, and then George Pickens in there. Anytime TD Scorer and the schedule release party. It's a soft launch. It'll be all this week. It feel like each day you're going to get a game. There'll be a game in Dublin. Are the Steelers playing in Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh? Are they playing in Dublin?
Speaker 6: Yes, the Steelers are one of the two teams. Tomorrow morning they're going to announce who they're playing.
Speaker 3: Do the Steelers play the Chargers?
Speaker 6: Oh? Checking yeah.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I have the Chargers playing in one of these marquee games, and nobody told me. For some reason, I just keep thinking that the Chargers are playing in one of these marquee games. But schedule release party at the end of the week. And as Aaron Rodgers waiting for the schedule release party, is he waiting to hear from the New Orleans Saints Derek Carr has decided to retire.
Speaker 5: Yes, Hunt, Steelers have a road game at the Chargers.
Speaker 2: At the Chargers, Okay, well, then the Chargers won't be giving that up to play. This would be a Steeler home game in Dublin. I believe. All right, thank you, ton all right. Poll question for the final hour is going to be what Seaton O'Connor.
Speaker 7: Let me update you here on a few that we've got working, all right? Was Game three a must win for the Knicks? It's funny how this one keeps taking closer and closer. That's at fifty to fifty right now. If the Game three was a must win or wasn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was, But I do think tonight is a must win situation for them.
Speaker 7: You would be with eighty nine percent of the audience then that tonight is absolutely a must win. And to continue with our East Coast bias. Who are you rooting for the Celtics or the Knicks. We're at sixty seven percent rooting for the Knicks in that series.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm it doesn't matter to me. I mean, I'd love to see the Celtics, if the Celtics get to the finals, winning another title, because I think they've had they had that dynasty type feel, at least modern day dynasty feel that they're playing Conference Championship NBA Finals, and I would like to see them get back if they get back to win. But you know, the Knicks a lot of spirit there. You know, the Celtics have been here, the Knicks have not in a long, long long time.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marvin, And I think the Celtics, I think they need to win two or three championships to validate this type of run because remember they would the game seven of the Conference finals in twenty eighteen. Yeah, so they've been good with this iteration again, iteration of the Celtics for a long time. They only year like seven or eight of this run, so you can't end with just one title.
Speaker 2: Let's see the Steelers play the Ravens, Bengals, Browns in their own Division. They host the Bills, Packers, Colts, Dolphins, Vikings, and Seahawks. I'm guessing would you see Buffalo and Pittsburgh and Dublin Wow, Packers, ooh, how about.
Speaker 3: Packers wearing green? Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: A lot of times on those overseas games, they'll throw in an average team. They won't burn a game. That's like a real.
Speaker 2: Well, that feels like they do that to London. Yes, they don't do that to the other countries.
Speaker 6: Ireland's about to find out.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like Brazil and Germany that it feels like they would be like, no, we're gonna because teams want to have their own country now, like London has Jacksonville. I guess therefore Jacksonville hasn't been very good and they probably don't want to waste a decent game over there.
Speaker 9: Yes, Ton, if this was London to be come on down, Colts, you're playing the Steelers at our place, that would be the one they would pick out of that group.
Speaker 3: I would think, Okay, but this is in Dublin.
Speaker 9: So if they're going to take care of Dublin, they should go Bills. Yeah, they really want to go extra special of that group.
Speaker 3: Thank you, ton a quick end NFL game, Paul.
Speaker 6: I got a two NFL game for you, Marvin specific music. This is one of those set up things that proves a point that I'm trying to make. Oh, how many NFL players quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: Is this a Derek Carr game?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: How many quarterbacks in NFL history have thrown for forty thousand or more yards, two hundred and fifty or more touchdown passes, and fewer than one hundred and twenty five interceptions? Okay, two fifty under one twenty.
Speaker 3: Five while while not winning a playoff game.
Speaker 6: That's not far of it. Come on, we're getting to it. There's been three quarterbacks in NFL history that have done this. Okay, all are still air quotes playing. That's the hint.
Speaker 3: Russell Wilson.
Speaker 6: Russell Wilson's one of these.
Speaker 3: Sang nailed it. Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 6: Aaron Rodgers is the second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not playing games today. No, no, that's a little family few there. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, who needs to prepare more than not me? So the other guy is still playing.
Speaker 6: Out well, not Brillion anymore as of I think he just retired.
Speaker 10: Carr.
Speaker 6: Derek Carr, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr Elite Club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Derek Carr is in Pauli's Hall of Very Good.
Speaker 1: Yes, wore Pro.
Speaker 6: Bowls and forty thousand yards. He's clearly not a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: He never won a playoff game, not yet.
Speaker 7: Yes, his seating so Pro Football Reference on the Internet. They have a thing called the Hall of Fame Monitor, the Quarterback Hall of Fame Monitor. Okay, right and right now, the average score for like the modern era inductee is about one hundred. You have to score at least about one hundred or more in order to really have a good.
Speaker 3: Chance of getting in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: Derek Carr is currently sitting at forty six perfect.
Speaker 6: That's our criteria.
Speaker 7: Less than half of what he needs to get into the Hall of Fame. I'm gonna guess it's not going to happen. Well wait, this is oh sorry, right, this is the Hall of very Good. So if he is he has less than half of what it takes to get into the Hall of Fame. What is the line of demarcation for the Hall of Very Good? Because I feel like it's got to be somewhere near the seventy five range. That's very good. This is I think that if you're under the fifty mark, you're looking at the Hall of pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 6: By the way, there is no established Hall of Good at the HOVG. We don't like to judge. We like to embrace. Okay, next part of this quiz, Who has the most passing yards in NFL history without a playoff win? Quarterbacks? Who has the most passing yards in NFL history without a playoff win? There's five guys that have over thirty thousand yards.
Speaker 3: So Derek Carr, he's the leader forty one thousand yards, owing to one in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: There's two other guys, both retired in the past five years. I think one of them is still a.
Speaker 3: Backup who didn't win a playoff.
Speaker 6: Game correct in which they started. Andy Dalton has thirty nine thousand and counting with no playoff wins. Ryan Fitzpatrick has thirty five thousand, no playoff win. Okay, final question, Derek Carr, he's one of the answers. If you were on the election committee for the h OVG, the Hall of Very Good, which you guys might be, who would you put in you get one vote. Derek Carr or Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 5: Cousins and Cousins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cousins.
Speaker 6: They both have four Pro Bowls, they both have just over forty thousand yards. Cousins has a few more touchdowns and a few more interceptions, but they're pretty close.
Speaker 11: Cousins.
Speaker 3: I think one in three in the playoffs and one more win, right, yeah, yeah, three more appearances and one more win, yes, Mark.
Speaker 8: But I think at no point in his career do we ever consider Derek Carr to be very good. So you can't be in the Hall of very good if we never considered you to be very good.
Speaker 3: It's a technicality there, right, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 9: I think Cousins' ability, or his agent ability to make massive amounts of money puts him over the top between the two of them, if everything else is even.
Speaker 2: All right, and I'll give you that way, do the career salary game them, put the trifecta with the car with Derek.
Speaker 3: Carr all together. Now, career salary or salary salary, salary.
Speaker 12: Salary seery, here we go, Dan, Derek Carr.
Speaker 6: I'll give you a little hint. He made seventy million dollars in two years with the Saints winning thirteen ballgames. Because he retired early, he will get ten million now, but he's passing on another twenty million next year. Total career salary for Derek Carr. Dan And you're gonna go last?
Speaker 3: Okay, tod one hundred and thirty seven point three million. Okay, slap in the face, seating.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's slap in the face. Okay for a pretty good quarterrec no offense. Uh, I and won seventy five.
Speaker 3: Nin Marvin two hundred and thirty million dollars cheapers, I'm gonna go one ninety two to four.
Speaker 6: It's good guess Derek Carr has made two hundred and five million dollars in his career.
Speaker 3: Hen, I didn't go over ding ding ding winner?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 3: Money well spent?
Speaker 6: Uh that sounded snarky.
Speaker 2: Scott, Hi, Scott, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 13: Morning, dan and Danette. Thanks for taking my call a third time, long time call call her. My daughter Peyton wants to stay high really quick. Hi, Peyton, thanks for taking that. She's named after the great late Walter Payton. So I got a couple of things. I hope you let me get to him to Keith in Virginia in Pacific Northwest fashion, what we would do is passive aggressiveness. Slowly take one box out of the garage or it him out of the garage at a time. By the time baseball playoffs come around, football comes around, you got your man kve back?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Keith in Virginia Beach, he lost his man cave. He says, I have a cave with no man in it. His wife and his mother in law have all their gear there. What else do you have, Scott?
Speaker 15: Poll?
Speaker 13: Question for maybe coming up for the uh?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 16: What is it with Steve Harvey family feud? Who's most likely to win the face off?
Speaker 15: When you walk up front and you got to hit the dinger?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 13: You know, out of U five, who's most likely to win? For a pole question on that?
Speaker 3: Probably not me.
Speaker 2: All I can do is hope that rich Eisen loses himself in my blue eyes. You know, maybe I'll wear like a nice blue shirt and then Rich'll just be lost in that. Anything else, Scott?
Speaker 13: One last thing? Uh if forever? It's not a knock on anybody there. But if you needed an alternate, I think Ross Tucker would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did bring that up. Something happens, Todd can't make it. Then I'll bring in Ross Tucker. I mean he went to Princeton.
Speaker 5: Something happens, Todd can't make it.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I'm so mad at the big german. I looked at my flight reservation, you know, sitting next to me. My request Todd is that fixable. I tried to get him to fix it. He hasn't been able. To you considering driving, I'm considering walking.
Speaker 5: I will make a lot of conversation about.
Speaker 3: Todd. I will. I'm gonna have headphones on, and I don't want to be disturbed.
Speaker 9: If you doze off or pretend to be, I know you'll do at least one of those two.
Speaker 5: And they're coming with the cart with the snacks and drinks.
Speaker 3: Do not wake me up.
Speaker 5: I should not do nothing you want to want.
Speaker 6: Yes, I sat behind Todd on the flight back from Green Bay. About three seats behind Todd was sitting next to a gentleman from the Rich Eisend Show. They spoke for two straight hours. And when I say they, I meant Todd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not doing that, Okay.
Speaker 9: And pretzel or waffle pretzel waffle cookie, your pretzel, Tom and Iowa, Hi Tom, what's.
Speaker 3: On your mind?
Speaker 16: Dan Patrick?
Speaker 17: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Good morning Tom?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 5: Uh six?
Speaker 17: Thank you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 17: First of all, Fritzy be my very best wingman, a wingman in college? Should he be a great wingman? Uh?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 17: My wife, I asked, I wanted to go. I'm going to pick up some stuff today. I'm in Eastern I. When I got to go pick up some equipment I work for myself, I said, hey, you want to go with me? She said, what, I'm going to ride in your truck? It smells like coffee garbage and Dan Patrick, I'm like what, Oh yeah, I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Was kind of maybe we need to get one of those air fresheners and just be Dan Patrick show, maybe S.
Speaker 3: Five and then you hang it on your rear view mirror. What would it smell like? Thank you? Tom? By the way, would smell like how about barbecue?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: How about that fresh grass?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 3: Ooh, how about burnt ends? That'd be good.
Speaker 2: I'm always amazed when you see when somebody is assessing a wine and then they'll go it smells like garden, smells like tennis balls, and I go, I'm drinking wine but the descriptions very very descriptive. And you're going, I don't know if I'm picking up you know, the hint of lavender that's in there or coffee. But these guys they know what they're doing. I just drink it. I don't analyze it. It's like, how does it taste good?
Speaker 3: Ken you? What are you tasting in there? Wine?
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take a break. More phone calls coming up. The NBA Draft lottery tonight. If you could place Cooper Flag, everybody gets a chance.
Speaker 3: Where would you play?
Speaker 2: If you're the commissioner, let's say secretly, privately, you could have this team win the lottery.
Speaker 3: Have that for you? Coming up?
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeart Radio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich? We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Covino and.
Speaker 3: Rich Basketball coming up tonight.
Speaker 2: It'll be the Timberwolves favored by five and a half at Golden State and the Celtics favored by six and a half at the Knicks. That'll be Game four. The Draft lottery, you have Utah, Washington, and Charlotte all with a fourteen percent chance. The Pelicans twelve and a half, the seventy six Ers at ten and a half percent. Then it's the Brooklyn Nets nine percent, followed by Toronto San Antonio, the Rockets via the Phoenix Suns, the Blazers, mAbs Bulls, Sacramento Kings, and the San Antonio Spurs. The last four teams there have less than a two percent chance, but the Spurs also have another pick that's the six percent chance as well. If you were fixing the NBA draft lottery, probably should use a better word than fixing. Manipulating the line here feels nicer. Yes, the fortieth anniversary of Patrick Ewing going to the Knicks. All right, Todd, you are going to manipulate the draft lottery. What is in the best interest of the NBA.
Speaker 9: My initial thought was from Durham to Charlotte, the Cooper stays in North Carolina and the Hornets get the pick. But I'm actually going to go with the Mavericks after the fans got blind sided by that Lucre deal.
Speaker 5: I'd like to see Flag go to the Dallas.
Speaker 3: Maverick right seating.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: This might be a terrible idea given their history, but I'm putting Cooper Flag on the Brooklyn Nets. They have a ton of cap space to put people around him, and they have a young head coach who theoretically might relate more to a kid that young. Plus, if that coach doesn't work out, the Brooklyn Nets are well within the UH sphere or region that Dan Hurley would jump to that team to coach somebody, So you could actually end up getting Even if this coach doesn't work out, your next coach could be the guy that you probably want coaching Cooper Flag.
Speaker 2: All right, that almost sounded like an insider That was almost real? Can I add NBA insider right now? NBA draft theoretical manipulation insider?
Speaker 3: Sure, Marvin, how about you.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with the Chicago Bulls, big city, but they've been in no man's lands for ten plus years, so I think that'd be a great spot for him to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, Paul, you're manipulating the draft lottery tonight.
Speaker 6: Look forward to that. I like everyone's reasoning so far. The Nets reason was really good. I'm going to go with the Philadelphia seventy six ers to get Cooper Flag. That's a prime NBA franchise with a lot of history close to the East Coast coverage machine, and they're terrible. I think joell E Andbiide will be out of basketball in two years. They need a complete refresh and this would do it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put him in Houston, going to put him on the Rockets young team, and they'll.
Speaker 3: Get even younger.
Speaker 2: And I mean they need a closer, they need a guy who's consistent. That's a really good team. Although that might be a terrible idea with all those young guys and everybody wants their shots. Uh, you know what, let me manipulate again. Let me let me take that back. I want to remanipulate here. I'm gonna remanipulate. I get the Brooklyn Nets because there's no buzz with them. I just have to have trust. Oh boy, I have to have trust in the organization. I'm gonna say san Antonio, I put him with Victor Castle.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a whole new era there, young team. I like that.
Speaker 2: How about that, san Antonio Spurs, come on down, you've won the direct If they would win again, oh oh boy, there would be anarchy in the UK.
Speaker 3: Well, actually not the UK. Just giving you an album time good reference.
Speaker 6: Yea, let's reverse this game. If you were Cooper Flag, you're Cooper Flag. Who would you not want to win the draft lottery?
Speaker 3: Tod, let's start with you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say Toronto, Okay, no other reason, but he wants to be playing in the United States.
Speaker 7: But okay, Seaton, I'm going to say the Brooklyn Nets because they are terrible.
Speaker 3: Can you pick the same terrible organization. They just routinely run through players and coaches with no real structure.
Speaker 7: Reason.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Marvin New Orleans, no good him and Zion.
Speaker 5: If Zion plays, it's such a big if.
Speaker 6: I know Paul, I hate to do it for the stack Kings. Even if Cooper Flag is great there, they'll find a way to get them off their roster in two to three years.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say the Wizards. It's just not fair.
Speaker 6: I almost took them off the board.
Speaker 2: Basketball's version of a timeout. You know, you get punished, you get a time out, go to your room, go to the Wizards. Jake in Houston, Hi, Jake, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning, Dan, Thanks for taking my call again. Appreciate that. Yeah, actually I called in for the first time of my career. I've listened to you since day one, and I called in twice last week and got in, so thanks for.
Speaker 5: That as well.
Speaker 14: I appreciate that. I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I wanted to follow up. I called in about Draymond making the Hall of Fame, and we're talking about a Hall of good. I just had a stat of the day around that topic, if I may.
Speaker 3: Okay, are.
Speaker 14: Awesome, Thank you. So as of today, there are only three players that are not in the Hall of Fame that have won a finals MVP Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups, and Cedric Maxwell. Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups aren't eligible. So I wanted to see if that.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just got crushed, not crushed, all right, I'll like you clean it up, Jake, Jake.
Speaker 14: Yeah, only three, only three players from the NBA have not made the Hall of Fame and one of finals MVP Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups and Cedric Maxwell. Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups aren't eligible. So I wanted to see if that changed your opinion on andre Igudala. Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 2: Jake is certainly making it his crusade to get Andrea Agudala. I don't know if he has the stats though. I mean, he was his scorer, and then you know, when he went to Golden State became a defender. But I don't know, Marvin, have you brought up his numbers Igudala. I don't know how many years he averaged twenty a game. I don't know what his teams did in the post. I don't know much about him, yes, pauland.
Speaker 6: Yeah, early in his career with Philly, Andre Goadalo was averaging eighteen nineteen, eighteen seventeen. As soon as he gets to Golden State he becomes mostly a bench player, but got his most notoriety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not a Hall of Famer. He's not even you know, Joe Johnson, Yes, marm.
Speaker 8: Also Jake and Houston. Forgive me, but Chauncey Billis got inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, a little shot there. Jake, do your homework. I always think, wasn't a training day?
Speaker 3: Wasn't his? Wasn't he?
Speaker 10: Jake?
Speaker 6: Jake quite yes, Jake quite weirdly remembered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Every time I hear Jake. It's just Denzel saying, Jake, what do you think?
Speaker 12: Jake?
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see George in Virginia. Hey, George DP, how are you good?
Speaker 12: Sir?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 16: First time, long time Like everybody else, Love you guys. I wanted to give you guys a little bit of behind the scenes on family feud. My wife and I my family we were on about eighteen months ago. I kind of want to give you a day in the life. Okay, all right, Yeah, So typically you guys were talking about practicing, at least it is for us normal folks. They have a warm up guy that will do two or three games with you before mister Harvey shows up and is bentley with his driver in his sweatsuit with kanga hat and man purse and then gets ready for game time. So you guys will be finely tuned by the time let's go to time. But ton of fun. My daughters, just to shout out, both have viral moments.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 16: The other the other tip I'll give you is make sure you've got your fast money team lined up ahead of time. My daughter got one hundred and eighty three points out of the two hundred, which made it a layup for me to come in and clean the clean the table. And my other daughter had a viral answer that probably I don't want to say on the air, that got over a million views. But Steve's Steve's a ton of fun. Make sure you dressed brightly. I wore an orange coat, and Steve went and changed and told me he didn't want me pimping out there all by myself in orange, so have some fun with it.
Speaker 3: What was the question to your daughter?
Speaker 16: Name something that starts with the letter P that someone might do to your bottom? And her answer was, I know, this is you know a little tape to lay here? Her answer was penetrate and Steve was obviously gave that look that you know, we all know, and it's got over a million views. If you google my daughter l I LA family feud, you will find her on the internet. And it was the least of my children that I would expect that answer.
Speaker 2: To come from. All right, Paul in Colorado, Hey, Paul, Wi's.
Speaker 3: On your mind?
Speaker 19: Good morning, gentlemen, five nine, three quarter one seventy five, Third time caller. How you doing today?
Speaker 3: Great? Great? What do you have for me?
Speaker 17: Paul?
Speaker 19: Well, I have a two best and one worst first best my son Brandon al the army almost four years.
Speaker 16: He made sergeant before twenty two.
Speaker 10: Shout out to the forty first Phil Artiller in Germany. And the second one is the scar Nuggets tickets for my wife or Mother's Day.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that was second.
Speaker 7: It's amazing how his voice came back to normal by Saturday.
Speaker 3: I'm scoring Nuggets tickets from my wife on set. Thank you, thank you, Paul.
Speaker 6: Thanks recovering.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, Paul.
Speaker 14: Sure.
Speaker 3: I love this audience.
Speaker 5: For my son, for my wife. I got Nuggets tickets all.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh, let me see, I don't know the Aaron Rodgers angle with the Saints, so I don't know if that would intrigue him.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be if I'm Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you want to play in big games and maybe get a chance at a championship, at least compete.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: I know you're not in a great division, the NFC South, I get. I mean, if your goal is just to make the playoffs, then okay, I could see the Saints. But if you want to play and maybe play in some bigger games, Pittsburgh. But this is what I think Rogers' game plan has been all along. I don't have to commit to anybody as long as they're okay with me not committing. And that's been the surprising part for me. I'm shocked at Pittsburgh did not give him a timeframe.
Speaker 3: Hey, we have to have an answer here because we have to.
Speaker 2: This is a team decision, and if it's not you, then we have to decide if it's Mason Rudolph. That's the surprising element of this Marty and Pittsburgh. Hi Marty, what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: He Dan?
Speaker 18: I got two questions for you. One, why don't you come to Uthmant with your show for the US Open? I don't know if you've ever played there, but it's great. And here's a hot take for you. Aaron Rodgers just joined Nevillwood in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Yeah country club?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 3: How far is that from downtown.
Speaker 17: Oakmont?
Speaker 16: Seven miles?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Marty.
Speaker 2: All right, So Aaron Rodgers, according to Marty, has got a country club membership in Pittsburgh. Oakmand's wonderful. I played it years ago and clubhouse is awesome. And uh, I actually know somebody who was on the grounds crew staff gave me a hat over Christmas, the US Open Oakmont hat that I got on the bar over there. Yeah, it's great, tough, tough course. I had some choice, I had some choice words for it. Rough me up, Yeah, Pa, I.
Speaker 6: Know there's some courses that are beautiful and you could play. Are there a handful of courses in America that you have to be a high end golfer to even walk on where you're not going to have a good time.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not going to play where the pros are playing.
Speaker 6: But even just general, it's so complex.
Speaker 2: Or well, if you play Saint Andrews, they want you to have a certain handicap. I think you have to prove what your handicap is, or at least I remember that that they wanted to know if you were I think maybe better than a fifteen handicap because they want to keep play going. You know, you don't want to have somebody out there just you know, digging up turf. But you know that's where you have to play in accordance to your game. You can't play the tips. You know everybody wants to do that. We're like, I'm going to play where Rory plays and be like, no, No, that's the like you'll see where the pros hit from and you'll go, I don't know how they hit the ball that far, but Dschambeau. I mean, these guys, it's three thirty, three thirty and it's no big deal. But yeah, I know that when I went to Augusta and we played eighteen all the way back. We played a couple of holes all the way from the tips. But they encourage you to play the member tees. The white tea's just so you keep play going, Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 6: Is there a way too, like the bunkers in Europe, especially England and Ireland and Scotland, is there any way to practice for those here before you go over and play there, because they're like you're you're almost underwater, you're looking.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you can't. I don't know if there's a course that replicates that.
Speaker 6: Right, so you the first time you play a course in Ireland would be you can't. There's no bunker training.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I mean there might be a course in America that has those, but you'll have links style courses, but they don't have those bunkers. Like it's Saint Andrews. You could lose a small child in one of them.
Speaker 6: That's happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you seen Timmy? Jimmy, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take a break. It's last call for phone calls? What we learn, what's in sort of after.
Speaker 1: This, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls, What we learn, what's in store tomorrow, all of that forthcoming on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 14: Seaton.
Speaker 3: Final results of the poll question, what do you have for me today? Oh boy? Well, let's see.
Speaker 7: Are you rooting for the Knicks or the Celtics right now? That's a healthy lead for the Celtics and is Game four a must win for the next eighty eight percent? Say yes.
Speaker 2: NBA on NBC and Peacock a legendary edition added to our team. We are thrilled to welcome Michael Jordan as a special contributor to NBC and Peacock. Well well well, hey, well, well, well hmm, no more details. At least that was on X where they announced this. I okay, all right, I don't know what that means to be a special advisor or contributor, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm looking through the press release right now, and it's unclear what Michael's role will be, but he won all his titles on NBC.
Speaker 3: I guess whatever he wants it to be, damn right. Yes see.
Speaker 7: Hey, well you got Turrico on uh in the morning's doing like, Hey, here's our big announcement for the opening game. Man announce that that's crazy.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Urico is on the Today Show talking about the Eagles playing the Cowboys. Who cares? We know they're going to play. Yeah, okay, at some point they're going to play each other twice. Yeah yeah, Michael Jordan, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: Yeah. NBC has brought in so far Jamal Crawford, Reggie Miller, Carmelo Anthony as a studio antheus, Mike Terico, Noah Eagle at all.
Speaker 3: M hmm. Okay, Michael Jordan, what would you use him for?
Speaker 2: Like, but what would be a role where he'd go, Yeah, I'll do that because you you can't have him every game. Uh, you can't trot him out like he's Kendrick Perkins. Hey, big Perk, you gotta go on, get up and uh, you know all of this nonsense Plus NBC located in Stanford, Connecticut. Mike's not coming there on the road special Road Games sideline reporter.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe he'll be what do you have to change for the second half?
Speaker 2: He'll be a moder shad take over a mod's job. Yeah, Todd little man on the street, goofy segment. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 7: Not kind of like the Rob Gronkowski of basketball him.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's why Kurt in Iowa, Hi, Kurt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys when you had Iowa here a little bit. But Dan, I couldn't disagree with you. More about Jason Tatum. He is a full blown superstar, number one. I don't think you get an answer from another superstar that he gave he like you played earlier. And then let's go back to the playoffs twenty twenty two, forty six against the Bucks, fifty one and twenty three in Game seven against the Sixers, most points of any twenty seven year old in playoff history.
Speaker 3: He's a great player. He's a first balance Hall of Famer.
Speaker 15: Well, I get that, But what I'm disappointed in is the fact that you look at him, and he doesn't do anything wrong. He wants to play in all the away games. He's everything that we would want. I think you should be champion him a little bit.
Speaker 3: I start out with the draft, hurt.
Speaker 2: Tell me another person who said Jason Tatum is the best player in the draft other than me?
Speaker 3: You tell me that.
Speaker 15: Well, I appreciate you saying that, but just the fact that you're you think he's just a good player.
Speaker 2: No, I did not say that. I said he's a first ballon Hall of Famer. He's great. He's great. Okay, not everybody who is great is a has star power. That's the point I'm trying to make to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I'm going to disagree. Okay, is James Worthy was Did he have star power?
Speaker 10: Was he?
Speaker 18: I know?
Speaker 2: But the point is, James Worthy is a first ballon Hall of Famer. He wasn't A didn't have star power. Magic had star power, A bird had star power. Jordan has star power. Steph Curry has star power. These are the guys that you say, I gotta go see him play. That's the point I'm trying to make. Does Jason Tatum have that?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: I got to go see that guy? Play, and I would say he doesn't. It doesn't take away from him being First Ballad, Hall of Famer, first Team All NBA, you know, Olympic team member, all of those things. There's just certain players who have star power that they cross over where your wife or your daughter says, hey, I'd like to go watch that guy play. There's only a handful of him. Luca's got that, Lebron had it for years. You know, they're certain guys. You know, I don't think Joker has it. So does that help you a little bit? Joker is the best player in the game, Kurt right, maybe, Okay. If he's not, then he's the second bet. Are you trying to tell me Jason Tatum is better than Joker?
Speaker 15: No, oh no, I'm just saying I'm not. Okay, sure, he's number one.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, all right, if you want to if you want to do that for argument sake, fine, Uh, you'd be wrong. Jokers the best player in the game. Okay, he doesn't have star power because of the way he plays. So the best player in the game, in my opinion, doesn't have star power. I think we're fascinated with the numbers, but that's you know, I don't know if you're saying, I gotta go see the Joker play, that's all. I gotta go see Steph play. I'm gonna go see Luca play Lebron. You know there's there's a handful of these players.
Speaker 3: That's all this is.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying star power over greatness. And Jason Tatum is a first balance Hall of Famer great.
Speaker 15: Become what you want to be that player.
Speaker 3: Is, does Jalen Jaylen Brown? Is he a great player? Very good?
Speaker 14: It's great?
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, he doesn't have star power?
Speaker 15: Nope, I guess not.
Speaker 3: Kevin McHale, you have star power.
Speaker 15: Being part of the Big Three.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, no, yead he didn't have star power. No, he did not know.
Speaker 2: You didn't gather the kids and say we're gonna go and we went to see Larry Bird. I mean, come on, kids, we're gonna go see Kevin McHale.
Speaker 3: Thanks dad, promise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I got school dad. This is about star power him and the Chief. Yes, and we're gonna throw in a side of Danny Ames.
Speaker 7: There got my wife's tickets to see Kevin McHale From Mother's.
Speaker 2: Day Well Lovey Learning Brought to you by Rapid Radios official walkie talkie The Dan Patrick Show works on nationwide network, no subscriptions. Business owners, stay connected with your employees anywhere. Visit rapid radios dot com. Up to sixty percent off, free shipping. Oh we're done, we'll talk to you tomorrow.