Speaker 1: Hey guys, Welcome to Hot Mikes. Please hit subscribe. One week ago, Hayden Pannetier was found unresponsive in a Greenville, South Carolina Airbnb nine one one was called by her boyfriend Brian Hickerson and his brother Zach, who attempted CPR until the paramedics arrived. She was pronounced dead forty minutes after that. Today, an exclusive interview with the girl next door who saw it all, Hayden's Hollywood neighbor, Mia Terrazas. We still don't have an exact cause of death for Hayden, but there is zero doubt in the hearts and minds of anyone who knew her, even in the slightest, that her eight year relationship with Brian Hickerson was the root cause. He was violent, abusive, and by all accounts, dangerous. You're about to hear MIA's account. But of course he was there when she died, because he could have been any number of times before when they were together. His history of abusing others, especially Hayden, was long inconsistent. In October of twenty eighteen, in Greenville, South Carolina, police responded to a domestic assault in progress, a call involving Brian Hickerson and his father, David. A reporting based on the incident said that officers saw Brian chasing David through a kitchen. The father, David, had apparent blood and bruising, but said his injuries came from a fall and he declined medical care. Hayden was there. She was listed as a witness no charges. It would appear that Brian's father refused to press May second, twenty nineteen, Los Angeles PD in Hollywood. The Hollywood arrested Brian on suspicion of felony domestic violence involving Hayden. This would not be the only time he was taken into custody, at about two twenty four in the morning. He was held on fifty thousand dollars bail and released a day later. It's believed that Hayden bailed him out. He was charged, he pleaded not guilty, and the case was later dismissed after prosecutors could not secure a material witness. Then, on Valentine's Day, February fourteenth, twenty twenty, this one is in her book that came out this past May. This is me a reckoning by Hayden Pennetier Jackson Wyoming, Titon County. The Teiton Carrot. The Titan County Sheriff's office was notified of a disturbance at a Jackson home around one point fifty in the morning. Brian was arrested and booked on suspicion of domestic battery. The caller told police that an intoxicated man was locked out of the private residence because he had punched his girlfriend in the face. She told police that she had been in the bedroom with Hickerson when he quote started throwing her around and punching her. The documents state that Hayden's face was red and swollen and had a scrape and swelling on her left hand. Hickerson was released from jail on a five thousand dollars bond. Later that day, Ryan was in the driveway upon the deputy's arrival, and he claimed that Hayden was in the house, saying he beat the f out of me. Hickerson avoided answering questions about whether he punched the then thirty year old Hayden Pennettier. However, Hickerson claimed he hired a private chef to be there so he wouldn't be accused of all this bullshit. He said the police talked to the chef on the phone and were allegedly told that he left around one o'clock in the morning, so he wasn't there, although he did say in documents that the couple had been arguing earlier in the evening. July fourteenth, twenty twenty, Hayden files a restraining order against Brian. July sixteenth, twenty twenty, LA prosecutors filed a much broader eight count case covering a series of alleged incidents during their relationships, specifically the Wyoming assault on Hayden and the LA assault in Hayden's condo. All included four felony counts of injuring a spouse or girlfriend, two felony assault with a deadly weapon counts, one misdemeanor or a battery count, and critically one felony count of dissuading a witness from prosecuting a crime ie talking Hayden out of it. He was charged with eight counts, seven felonies, and one misdemeanor. Prosecutors specifically alleged that Brian Hickerson tried to prevent Hayden, identified as the victim of the witness, from causing a complaint or causing prosecution to proceed. April twenty twenty one, Brian Hickerson received forty five days in jail, four years of formal probation, fifty two domestic violence classes, restitution, and a five year protective order. Remaining counts were dismissed under the plea deal. Hayden made a statement saying that she was going public about this abuse to inspire others in abusive relationships to seek help. Quote, I'm prepared to do my part to make sure this man never hurts anyone again. She meant it. Then he faced up to ten years for his crimes, according to this story, Just three days before her death, Hickerson attempted to have those charges expunged from his record. He claims he had fulfilled the condition of his probations. In the August thirteenth hearing just ten days ago, prosecutors opposed the petition, citing his continued drug use. Neither Hickerson nor his lawyer were even present. They cited the TMZ video with Charlie Neff. You know this one? Anything before that you asked Hayden to keep out of the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you not want her to talk about?
Speaker 1: In the book. So there's a story where.
Speaker 2: I was drunk right Aiden was standing across room, and.
Speaker 1: I had a phone in my hand and I said, Hayden, I said, I'll give you ten seconds to run as fast as you can for throwed. You don't need a prosecutor to tell you. But the prosecutor did say during that interview, Hickerson speaks for fifteen minutes about the abuse that's been documented in Hayden's best selling book, and he makes several admissions about it. We all heard it. Brian Hickerson's apparent condition in the interview was especially significant to his requests. The prosecution added, because of his lawyer's representations that Hickerson is seeking this expungement because he's now sober. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Was also arrested in two separate incidents August second, twenty twenty five, at Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood, and that case was declined for prosecution due to insufficient evidence, and he was arrested again four days later on the August sixth, and charged with one misdemeanor count of being under the influence of a controlled substance. The DA's office told People magazine the court granted Hickerson judicial diversion and ordered him to compleat ten narcotics anonymous sessions, to obey all laws, and to refrain from any drugs or alcohol. The DA's office said, Brian Hickerson needs to complete all of that before he can be a free man. I don't think anyone has ever held Brian Hickerson to account. His book should be this is Brian, a reckoning that has yet to befall me. A very long rap sheet that paints the picture of a woman, a woman beating drunken, low life loser, of a man who, in my view, by the very nature of his violent and abusive ways, elevated the self esteem of Hayden Pannetier, a young woman who'd been drained of hers The only place that she could appear is the good one was standing next to him. Theirs was a totally toxic relationship. It thrived on the darkest of attachments. But Brian Hickerson is still out there. He's never been held truly to account, and he absolutely needs to be. The New York Times reporting now that Brian Hickerson tried to pawn some of Hayden's possessions, including a vintage guitar. She was shocked to find many of her possessions in his storage unit. The Times also is reporting he was banned from her book tour in May. Barnes and Nobles in New York City was given strict instructions not to allow Brian inside. Hayden also had personal security there at the time as well. Brian has not responded to that, and we'd like him to respond to a lot more, including that Miaterrazas lived to Hayden on the same side of the hall in their housing complex. She was the neighbor often kept awake in the wee hours of the morning by yelling, screaming, crying, crashing furniture. She and Hayden crossed paths often. Their parking spots are next to each other in the building. Pleased to welcome Mia to Rasis. Mia, thank you so much for spending some time with us. If I could just ask you off the bat, how did you receive the news that Hayden had died?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I was very very upset, and I knew immediately that or I suspected that Brian was with her when she passed. It's just devastating to hear I had. I saw her on the elevator probably I want to say, eight days before she passed, and she was with Brian. But she seemed like, I don't know, just that she was a little bit more chipper or something. And yeah, this really shocking and and sad, but really not surprising given their history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe she was thinking this is the time that he will keep drinking, but not keep you know, committing the same behavior over and over again. When you, you and Hayden were friendly. You you know, when you when she first moved into the lofts where you live, I didn't did she invite you over? Did you? Did you strike up a bit of a friendship.
Speaker 2: She did invite me over, and I had met her previously, I you know, had a brief friendship with her mother, and I also knew Jansen and she had in a text message invited me over. And shortly after that I saw Brian, and you know, it was just really difficult to communicate with her after he showed up, so that get together never happened.
Speaker 1: Oh what was she? What was she like when he was not around? Did you did you get to interact with her in a way? Was she different when he was there as opposed to when he was not.
Speaker 2: She was very different. She just seemed like alive, and you know, whenever I would see her with Brian, she was just quite subdued and almost like her you know, body language was completely different, her mannerisms, just like in the way she spoke, and when she wasn't with him, she just seemed happier. And I don't know, she was just a real bit of a character I think in her, you know, because I'd see her taken out the trash and her pajamas and you know, things like.
Speaker 1: That, and she's just really sweet, cute personality. I mean, I spent a lot of time with Hayden over the years, just many interviews and you know there for the entire n of Heroes in Nashville and all of that. But in her book she describes Brian as a doctor jackal and mister Hyde, always remorseful and apologetic after he sobered up. Did you ever interact with Brian when she was not around?
Speaker 2: I did. I At one time, he you know, I was going to take the elevator and he came and was also going to take the elevator, and I decided to take the stairs and It was just very odd because I have an excruciating, you know, neurological condition, and I was moving down the stairs very slowly, and he was right behind me and letting me know he was there. And another occasion, I asked him was he still living in the building and he told me yes, he was living in the building. And he said, I know Hayden has introduced us, and this was only a few months ago, so he should have known my name because I saw her plenty of times with him, And he said, Hayden introduced us, but I've forgotten your name. And I didn't answer him, and then he like started to walk after me and said, I didn't get your name. What is your name? And I just kept walking toward the elevator. I wasn't going to engage him, but he could just be very intimidating. And then other times he seemed just completely out of it.
Speaker 1: What was he just like you could tell the substances were kind of always going.
Speaker 2: That's what it looked like to me. It looked at there was always some kind of substance and or potentially mental Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, after enough substances, yeah, I mean, you know, I suppose yeah, he just yeah, he says it.
Speaker 2: I'm there are videos out there of him that he had himself as post and I think he describes who he is better than I could.
Speaker 1: And you talked to him the TMZ video where he's slurring and he seems to be on something. And this is back in May when the book came out, and he admits, you know, to abusing her. You know, right there in the interview, he seems to be on something. Is that something you've encountered before.
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah. I don't think I've ever encountered him where I thought he seemed like a you know, just an average person, or that he wasn't on something. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us about the time you witnessed that Hayden was taken from the apartment complex on a gurney after a particular fight with Brian.
Speaker 2: I actually saw her being removed on a gurney twice within a couple of years, fan, And you know, although her her face was and you know, I wouldn't say it was necessarily beaten up, but I just saw red marks on her. And at one point, the fireman and EMT kept ringing the call box to try to get in and someone was not letting them in, and they were unable to access the door, and I ran downstairs and you know, let them in and rode up in the elevator with them. And I had tried talking to them at that that time. That was the second time she was removed, and I told them that I was very concerned and could she at least separate Brian from her so she could go on the ambulance alone or something. And I got mocked for that. It was like the EMT or the I can't recall if it was the EMT or the fireman. They were waiting for the elevator and he, you know, I waved motion to him and asking if he could come up first so I could speak with him, and he was like just acting very animated, you know, kind of like, oh, you want to talk to me, and just yeah, it completely just dismissed any concerns that I that I had. And the reason I had asked, could you know, because I knew Brian wasn't was the one who was not allowing them into the building, and I had suspected perhaps she called the you know, the EMT or the fire because she didn't want to file another police report. But clearly she had red marks on her, and you know, I asked her if she was okay, and she said yes, but it didn't appear to me that she was. And Brian was hovering over the whole time.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get a chance to talk to her and be like, what do you what are you doing? I mean, it's not like your place to, I guess to you know, you hope family and friends and her best friends and you know, mom, dad, somebody is going to enter Jack and say you've got to get away. Did you ever say to her, you know, hey, he's not good for you. Stop you're you know, you're a sweet kid.
Speaker 2: I I did. I wouldn't say I directly said anything. I did, you know, just let her know that I was here and if she ever needed anything. And it's really interesting. I did try to broach that topic a couple of times, but it's like she just wasn't having it. For whatever reason. She couldn't hear anything, you know, discouraging about Brian. I don't know. I don't know what it was, honestly, So I figured that I had more of a chance of, you know, if she ever needed help, if I didn't, you know, tell her anything about that, or I just I could tell she just didn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Essentially, did folks in the building talk about this? Did you see their neighbors and were they like, oh, Brian, you know everybody was he you know, one of those sort of constant, omnipresent type of evil characters in the building.
Speaker 2: He was, Yeah. I it certainly appeared that way since I work from home, and you know, I would just see him all the time, and it looked like he didn't have a job. At one point, you know, we had those posters up saying to call nine one one, and I saw him in the garage. They called the sheriff, and you know, I was texting with the HOA saying, you know, we have to get this character out of our building. And they told me he was going to rehab and you know, he wouldn't be around anymore. But I never saw him gone ever. I would just constantly see him, just, yeah, hanging around working on his car. He had fallen asleep in the car one time and it was all revved up and carbon monoxide filled the garage. And another time he was working on his He had an old Bronco and apparently when Hayden threw him out. He would have to live in the broncho. That's what I heard, because one of our HOA members said that, you know, at least he doesn't have to sleep in his car now, you know, since he's going to rehab. But he was like left his car running again with a carbon monoxide filling the garage.
Speaker 1: How did building management allow him when he's a terror to you know, everyone who lives there, to even be on premises. And you mentioned something about an HOA sign. What was that there was? What was the sign?
Speaker 2: Well, at one point they had put up signs and I'm not entirely sure who put them up, but that you know, if we saw Brian anywhere on the property to call the sheriff immediately, to call nine one one, that he would be trespassing. And I would say. A week later, they started coming down and I had made copies and I tried hanging them up again and they would come right back down. And then I contacted the HOA Association several times and they said, you know that Hayden would be escorting him in the common areas. And at one point, you know, I had told one of the members that I hope that you know that I'm a CCW carrier, conciled carrier, and that I hoped if he ever did anything to me, I was a good enough shot to not kill him, you know, because I got I was that afraid of him. He's just always kind of it's hard to say why you're afraid of somebody, But he just gave me the willies from the day that I saw him, and then when I looked into his history. So yeah, but he seemed like a menace on the property, and I wondered why they didn't just force him out because I feel also like, you know, us as a community, we were telling Hayden that we accepted that, and you know, I thought, we need to come together as a community and say absolutely not, he's not going to be on our property. There was a no contact order that a judge had placed and it only ended in May of twenty twenty six, and you know, I would see him all the time up until you know that, up until she passed.
Speaker 1: You carried you have a concealed carrier, so you carry a firearm. Is he the reason for that or no?
Speaker 2: He he is not the reason. However, I have to say that when I knew he was in the building. I wouldn't go downstairs to even take down the recycling or anything without my firearm on me. Yeah, I yeah, it just terrified me that that much. And I had warned someone else who was moving into the building. She has a very diminutive stature like Hayden, and I told her, you know, don't take this as my word, but look up his history and you'll see why. You just need to be careful on the garage and the common areas.
Speaker 1: How many times would you say and what you know, maybe the worst time when when you you could could you hear them, you know, fighting through the walls? Could you hear a row? Could you hear the arguing and the screaming? And you know, did others hear it? And how often?
Speaker 2: I'm uncertain if others heard it. It seemed like a topic that no one here really wanted to talk about. I would hear it frequently when I had my windows open, especially because I'm just you know, one unit away, and could definitely hear it. Just sounded like muffled screaming. I don't know. Sometimes there would be like loud noises there. I don't know. At one point he had ripped apart her apartment and made it uninhabitable with a sledgehammer. And you know, I didn't know after I found doubt about that, I didn't know if that's possibly what it was, you know, some of the noises. I was uncertain about that. But yeah, it just sounded very like hostile.
Speaker 1: You're a nice woman, and you obviously you know, a good neighbor, and yet you there must be some a bit of a helpless feeling, because there's not You can't demand that he'd be taken away. You can't take out a restraining order, You can't you know, physically intervene. But it must have been you talk about when she died, you knew instinctively, Yeah, had to be Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh absolutely, that was my very first thought that he was there. And one can't help but wonder if he, you know, lured her away somehow, and you know, thinking that it would be investigated under such scrutiny, and you know, up until that time, I had called the non emergency Sheriff's office to find out what could be done about this, to keep this man out, And I called so many times, hoping for a different answer, and of course, you know, never I just couldn't do anything about it. But yeah, I wasn't surprised. That was my first thought before they started announcing that, you know, he was present during the death. It's really tragic, and one wonders how he could not be involved given his past with her. That's my thought, how could he not be involved?
Speaker 1: You said you saw Hayden eight days before she died in the building. Was she with Brian at the time?
Speaker 2: She was? And I was surprised because the you know, just the dynamics between seemed a little bit different. Like I noticed she was more you know, just like distant from him and more engaged with me. And I was really paying attention to that, and I thought that, you know, the thought that occurred in my mind is maybe she's considering leading him. And that's why I was wondering if it had anything to do with, you know, their trip and her death, because I did feel that, you know, she was thinking about leaving him.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, she never God, It's just I mean, look, you've lived some life, you have experienced like me. I you know, I've never been in a toxic relationship. But I you know, I said earlier, I was just you know, in my opinion, was thinking that she felt a deep sort of self loathing about herself. I mean, the moment in life that she has to get her child the way to the father because she, as the mother, you know, is not capable of taking care. There's got to be a deep hole that's almost impossible to fill, you know, after that in some sort of healthy way. And you see this guy Brian. I mean it's almost like he was by standing next to him, by comparison, almost like a seesaw effect. You know, she could feel good about herself because noobically is as bad as Brian, right, exactly, an unhealthy elevation of self esteem when you are suffering with it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, seemed that she was really struggling with her her self esteem, you know, and just being confident, and I think also just having some type of imposter syndrome, like a lot of people in those positions do. And I think also just you know, people demanded so much of her and with her just everything that had happened. And it's my understanding that Vlad actually did not want the child to grow up with Brian because he knew that, you know, they were together, and that's why the child was taken by him to be raised by his mother. I've met his mother one time. We had gone to the airport to pick up Hayden, and I rode back with the mother and the baby, and she seemed like just such a wonderful I mean, those I think those guys are great from what I understand, but she just seemed like such a wonderful person. So I know she's in really good hands with with the mother.
Speaker 1: And when when when Leslie Vogel, Hayden's mother, and they had they had their own issues in their in their relationship. She documents it in the book, you know, but when she was around, or Hayden's father Skip, when he was around. Was Brian ever there? When when either of the parents were there, or was that his time to step back?
Speaker 2: I never met Skip at one point, I would say about approximately four months. Well maybe no, this might have been Yeah, it was probably longer. It was probably almost a year ago that I saw Leslie in the garage with Hayden and they were both talking to Brian. But then the sheriff came and you know, told him to leave the premises, and it just was a very yeah, I was very contentious between you know, Hayden and Leslie, it appeared to be god.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, an actress, an actor or an actress, you know, they're in the attention business, you know what I mean that your eyeballs is what they you know, they crave your attention. They performed, you know, for people. And you know, Brian's attention on her was constant, never healthy, it seems, but constant, malevolent, but obsessive. And you know, if if attention is what you're after, this guy seemed all consumed with her, and it feels so twisted and backwards, but it's.
Speaker 2: It's very twisted and backwards. And honestly, I don't ever you know, usually when you look at a couple and you can see or you know, sent some type of energy between them. And I personally never observed him caring for her in any way. He didn't seem to contribute in any way. And I often wondered if you know, he just got lucky and met her and it gave him a place to live and you know, something to do.
Speaker 1: That's one of reload off of I mean the New York Times. The New York Times just reported that you know that they many of her possessions were in a storage locker of herse. He took a guitar from her, she took possessions and she found out about it, and she you know, I don't know why she would act surprised but also never caring for her. I mean, you know when he when when they called nine one one and you know, paramedics came and they were trying to save Hayden's life. It's you know, the report is police report says that Zach was an NBC reported that Zach, Brian's brother, was consumed with emotion while they were trying to save and Brian had none until after they pronounced her dead, which means he either finally got hit with some some type of reality connected with him, or he had seen her in this position so many times before him and like, ah, she'll get out, I mean, she'll survi credically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard about that. They've told several sorry I mean interrupt, They've told several stories about that. And my first thought was did he show relief after she was pronounced dead? Did he do something to her and then you know, showed emotion dead. No, she couldn't tell about it. Maybe perhaps he was you know, not showing emotion because he was fearful of what she might say, you know, about what had happened. I just found that very odd. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we were saying three days before she died, he was trying to get his record expunged exactly. He attempted to have the charges against him from you know, all of those beatings expunged, had his claims, you know, he claims he had fulfilled the conditions of his probation, and three days before or in the hearing, prosecutors opposed the petition, citing his continued drug use and all of that. So, you know, he was they had major legal issues between them at the time that she got on a plane and went to South Carolina with him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, it's my belief that they, as far as I can tell, they never lived apart. And you know, she was saying that because she went to promote her book and go back to movies and you know it, and it's really hard to tell people that you're living with someone who, in her words, had you know, beat her her face so badly she couldn't leave her apartment for weeks. And you know, it's that's just my opinion that you know, she wanted to promote her book because she said that she had left him and didn't want him to hurt anyone else. It's it's just such a tragedy. And I just don't understand, you know, my interactions with him. I just felt like there was just nothing, nothing interesting or engaging about him or you know, compelling enough, and it seemed like he's so he's not even yet like enough of a personality to be a you know, a whole person. That that was just my interactions and my thoughts about him.
Speaker 1: I'm going to share something that that I spoke. I know a woman who had dated Brian Hickerson years ago, another woman who and I asked her, you know, I was told and I reached out and I asked her about Brian, and she shared a text and it said I'm sorry I was abusive. This is him sending it to her. I'm sorry I was abusive. You are nothing but kind and I'm sorry I treated you the way I did, to which she responded, who is this? And he sends Brian Hickerson And she says, look, I hope you find some kind of healing so you don't hurt anyone else, But you need to lose this number and do not text me again. Well, well handled. And then he said, Hayden told me I should reach out to you. I'm sorry one hundred percent, I will lose your number, and then apparently tried calling and sent a message right after saying sorry, that was Hayden calling you. So there she was trying to help him, you know, allegedly make amends with someone else. He'd been abusive too, so he's clearly just you know, and you know, he chased his father around and beating him when Hayden was a witness. So he was abusive, you know, across the board. But there's there's another woman, and I'm sure there are others. And the fact that this son of a b is running around still without his own reckoning, the law enforcement has failed to you know, take a long track record and do something about this guy. I mean, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't understand it. I never saw an ounce of remorse in him. He just seemed to. At one point, I remember walking in the garage and it was almost like he was trying to stare me down and intimidate me, or you know, the time that he followed me down the stairs and again, I'm going extremely slow because I'm in severe pain, and I just felt like he was He's very arrogant and he just wants to have his way with everything and I'm sorry. When someone's sorry, they don't do it again. And he had years to, you know, stop these types of behaviors. He was in a bar brawl just around the corner at the Sunset Marquis around the corner from here. That was all over the news, and you know, he clearly just he didn't care about really about anything except himself. You know, I can't help but wonder if Hayden put him up to that and he did it just to appease her. One of my clients, who was an attorney was there at the at the bar, and she conveyed a story that he, as she put it, lobbed a loogie on on her and got upset at her, and then there was some words said about somebody not leaving a large enough tip and she ran out of the bar. She was terrified and he chased her down and that's when the fight occurred. I'm not even clear if it actually started with her, but yeah, it was just a story that was conveyed to me. And I have no reason to not believe it.
Speaker 1: The number one reason that Hayden suffered, you know, being hired later on, you know, after Nashville and in the last several years, is him and you know, wanting to work. And you know, in a very competitive field, there are a lot of actresses. She's got a leg up being Hayden penet here. But you know it's amazing, not even that your craft, what you love to do, you know, how you work, is completely impeded because what relationship. Every director knows, every person, everyone sees that DMZ Video couldn't get it out of her own way because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was showing up with her on sets and you know, with her work, and why would anyone show up with her? And you know that's that's just jealousy and stocking in my mind. And she didn't seem to want to be with him some of the time, when you know i'd see her leading in a you know, limo or something like that, she didn't want to seem to be with him.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Mia t rasas she was Hayden Pennetaire's neighbor lived one unit away in their apartment complex for many many years, so she knew her well. And you talked about the garage before your parking space. I understand it was next to Hayden's because of the location, you know, of the apartments. And you said, I think, is it Monday morning after the announcement of her death, her parking space there was a car in it that you had never seen before. What do you make of that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because it would have arrived very early in the morning. So I saw the car there, and you know, i'd walked down to look at her apartment, you know, and I heard someone speaking in the apartment, and then a couple hours later I went down, you know, to see if I could still hear a voy there. And I had noticed that their their ring camera had been ripped, tried to be ripped from the wall, that someone had placed black electrical tape over the speaker and the camera. And I don't have any idea what was going on. The car's now gone, and no, no, I was just concerned that perhaps someone you know, was going through her things and taking things out of the apartment. And by the way, I would always see they dropped the packages, you know, downstairs and in the lobby and we kind of have to go through them and see which are ours, because they're just put on a big table. And I would see packages to Brian all the time, addressed to Hayden's address, and I saw one the day after she passed. Actually that was delivered the day after she passed, addressed to Brian. So yeah, I have no idea who was in that apartment.
Speaker 1: Did any did his authorities take take the package away? Or is it is it still there?
Speaker 2: Is it it's gone? Yeah, I don't know who picked it up, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Ring camera ripped from the ring camera ripped from the wall, black tape over the camera lens.
Speaker 2: Somebody, Yeah, had tried to rip it off, exactly.
Speaker 1: Did and you hear somebody in the apartment. Did you ever see that person come out?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't see. I didn't see who it was. Yeah, I mean the only I tried to imagine who might have a key I thought didn't look like Leslie's cark, or she could have driven up in a different car. But is that car stayed for a couple of nights and it didn't didn't seem to move, So yeah, I just found that interesting. And I that was the first I heard at the onset of your show about Brian with the guitar and pawning things, and I thought either he sent someone there to get things out or you know, clean out the apartment to sell off her items. That was my first thought.
Speaker 1: He's in South Carolina in Greenville, but you know, maybe who knows, I mean just riffing here, but maybe sent somebody to the apartment to.
Speaker 2: To remove I wouldn't doubt it. Unfortunately, Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: May not ever know what is the what's the traffic like in the apartment now? Is it? Is it quiet? Is abandoned? Has have authorities been in and out? Is there anyone there?
Speaker 2: As far as I can tell, one's no one's there. It looks like it's been quiet for you know, for a while now. So it's a mystery to me. Yeah, I don't know. I know at one point she had I believe that she did not have a mortgage note on that that unit, because you know, they purchased it when her family came from New York and Hayden was new to Hollywood, and she had it for many years and then moved her mother out, and then she moved in I think about four or five years ago, and at one point, I know it was transferred into Brian's name, which was very concerning to me. And it was just an accident how I even found that out. But yeah, and that was really I'm just feel concerned for that, and I hope that's not the case.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's still in his name.
Speaker 2: I wondered about that. Yeah, I was more, Yeah, I was more trying to find out just about his is when I first started looking up his you know, legal history.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well, Mina Trasis, I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry that you had to witness all of this stuff and could never see, you know, the outcome that everyone wanted to see, and that is her to be able to get away from this person and to say lose my number like this other you know woman did.
Speaker 2: Well. I hadn't heard about that before. It really is. It just makes you wonder how much Hayden was you know, suffering to after you know, losing her child and her work. And I remember at one point I became just very upset and I told my husband how angry I was. I said, you know, she's lost everything over this man, and like he can't even form a coherent sentence or show any empathy or like he just has this like flat affect, like a you know, psychopath or something. And I just can't imagine who would give up their life or someone like that who didn't contribute anything. It was devastating.
Speaker 1: He's a Yeah, sponge, did your husband ever have any interaction with with Brian himself?
Speaker 2: He not that I'm aware of, but I know he did see him in the building a couple of times. And you know, my husband is a medical doctor, but he studied psychiatry a long time ago when he first was you know, doing his residencies, and he said that, like he just there's something not right about in his opinion about Brian, and he said, be careful, you know, going into the garage or in the building. I mean, he was worried about me, even though you know, I, as I mentioned, I carry a you know, glock pistol with me and every time in the building after I knew Brian was here, but he was concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet well, Mia, I can't thank you enough for sharing your insight. We're all grieving Aiden Bennettier. She was such a sweet, sweet kid. I liked her a lot. And yeah, I'm just I'm so said it ended this way, but thank you for your insight.
Speaker 2: All yeah, I appreciate it. Thank you for having me. And let's just hope that they investigate this thoroughly and find out what really happened. And you know, I don't know if they'll ever really be closure, but I guess that's about as close as you could get as you know, having some definitive answer to what occurred there and and who it occurred around. So thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Thank you Mia. Well, okay, you know that's that's the that's you know, you hear these stories all the time, and you know when it's Hayden Penetier or somebody you kind of you know who grew up in front of our eyeballs, you know you feel connected to it, and I certainly do, and it is absolutely heartbreaking. But as the details come out, I hope the investigation is thorough and I'm going to say it, I hope there is a reckoning for this guy because he is absolutely a low life of the highest order. How he gained such proximity to her in such a SPHINALI like grasp you know, over her is uh is heartbreaking, really is Thanks for being with us on hot mics. We're very grateful to Mia t Razis, Hayden Pennett here rest in peace. Please hit subscribe and that's it. Bye bye,