Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Get this. I'm coming to over forty cities across the United States, the UK, Europe, and Australia to do this here Therapy Gecko Podcast Live. These shows will involve bringing folks from the audience up on stage to talk to a Gecko about whatever they want, just like we do on the podcast. The shows are completely unplanned, completely unpredictable, and they will be a lot of fun. So if you're a fan of the podcast, you should definitely come out. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com and you should get them before they are sold out. That's therapy geckotour dot com. We'll put the link in the episode description as well. The live shows are are very fun, they're very geko wee, and I hope to see you there. All right, let's get into the episode. Hello, Hello, who are you?
Speaker 2: Is Aiden?
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 1: My name is Lyle Man. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hey, Lyle?
Speaker 2: I was calling to talk about my work. I work at Dominoes and I'm a delivery driver there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what's that like?
Speaker 2: So within the first three weeks I had the classic delivery drivers situation. I went to a motel. This lady opens up the door completely but snaked, and then she kind of closed the door real quick, and then she opened it fully back up again, and she gave me the money. And yeah, that was like my third or fourth week there.
Speaker 1: Wait, you said she hold on, you said you said she opened the door. She so she opens the door, takes the piece, uh, closes the door, opens back up, gives you the money.
Speaker 2: No, no, So she she opens up the door like a little bit at first to see who it is, and like I could see like half of her body, and I can see that she's not wearing any clothes. She then closes the door a little bit as if she's gonna put clothes on or something. But then she just swam like swings it right back open and I just see her full.
Speaker 1: She's just there and we're talking completely naked, and there's no it's not like a robe. It's like completely fully, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Naked, not even socks nothing, that just yes, completely naked.
Speaker 1: What was her facial ex was it? Was she bashful about her or was she was it a very proud nakedness.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't know, man, because it got me thinking because she closed the door. It seemed like out of shame, right, but then she opens it back up, almost like you said, almost proud. So I don't know. It really baffled me and I still think about it sometimes.
Speaker 1: Uh did you have a like what was the extent of your interaction?
Speaker 2: She was at some motel and so someone pointed me in her direction because I was like my first time there, and so as soon as I get to the door, I just knock it. As soon as she opens it, I'm like, hey, how much it is? I try not to be I didn't acknowledge it in any way. I just kind of mad, tried to maintain eye contact.
Speaker 1: Respect. Respect was part of you secretly hoping that she would invite you in to share the pizza.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. I have I have a girlfriend. So I was more mortified than anything.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're a true professional Aiden.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It really took a lot of took a lot in me not to not to say anything. But you know, I told everyone at work right when I.
Speaker 1: Got back, and they were I did. Everyone at work was like, oh, yeah, I remember the first time that happened to me.
Speaker 2: One person said it happened to them, but everyone else was pretty shocked. But I mean I work in a pretty interesting area. We get a lot of interesting people.
Speaker 1: Anything else happened to you? The note h.
Speaker 2: There's a I mean there was a time that I delivered to someone at like nine or ten at night and they it looked like there was a gun on their waist and it kind of scared me because we were out and they were just like walking down the street. But I had nothing came from that. We have this old gun guy comes in all the time.
Speaker 1: Gun guy. I'll take the naked lady over the gun guy anytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I think the gun guy happened on my second second night. It was one of my first nights, my first The few weeks there were the craziest.
Speaker 1: Have you ever encountered a naked lady with a gun?
Speaker 2: You know I have not yet. I'll keep an eye out. There is some guy who he always is walking down the street that my Dominoes is on and is there's no music, no headphones, nothing in his ears, but he's just dancing down the street. Sometimes he's got a like a bag or a shopping cart. I also sometimes see him at the dumpster right behind our store. So he makes it. He walks all the way.
Speaker 1: Do you think he knows something about the universe that we don't or do you think he's on drugs or both?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 2: It's got to be something. I mean, there's no way someone's just that happy all the time.
Speaker 1: Are you happy?
Speaker 2: I am happy?
Speaker 1: What makes what makes you happy? Aiden?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: My girlfriend really makes me happy. Ah, she's waving at you.
Speaker 1: What else makes? I?
Speaker 2: Really? Love my job? I love driving, despite despite sometimes not getting you know, the best tips. I love doing it. I love the people I work with. My three cats make me happy.
Speaker 3: My dog.
Speaker 1: Who who tipped more between the gun guy and the naked lady? I'm gonna guess the naked lady.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Any other characters that you wish to share from your journeys.
Speaker 2: Well, there's this older guy who comes in or sometimes delivers to us or me to be delivered to him, and we Uh, he's either always in a good mood or really pissed off. And I can't tell if he's racist or not because his neighbor is a black lady. Anytime she's over there, he's kind of very rude to her.
Speaker 1: Is he rude to you?
Speaker 2: He is? Sometimes it just depends, like if I don't get the pizza out of the bag quick enough when he's handing me the money, and he never tips, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: He knows, so he could be racist against all races.
Speaker 2: Huh. Yeah, which I guess that wouldn't even really be racist. Okay, Yeah, my girlfriend actually just reminded me about someone who I had a heartfelt talk with when I was delivering. There was this guy who I delivered to and he was under the influence and when I got there or sorry, when I knocked on the door and he opened it up, I could clearly tell and I could smell the booze, and he just he just poured his heart out to me. I mean the first thing he said was like, Man, I really need help. I this alcohol is killing me. Man. And you know, I was kind of taken aback and.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That guy kind of messed me up for a little bit because I wish I could have done more for him a moment. Yeah, I've always been someone who I've always been someone who's when they see someone going through something, I just I want to be there for them, and I want to be the one that I want to be a piece of the puzzle that helps get them to where they need to be sure, sure.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, tell me more about what so so that you'd go to deliver pizza to this guy and you are certainly the first person that this guy has seen in an possibly an extremely long time, possibly several weeks, and he looks at you in the eyes and asks you human being on the planet at the same time as him to other human being, brother, I need help.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he was. He kept saying it over and over. He would say, I need help. This alcohol is going to kill me. I wish He's like, and he looked me dead in the eyes again, he was like, don't ever, don't ever be like me. Don't ever. And that kind of stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, can I uh offer. I know you said that you felt upset that you couldn't help him, but you did give him a pizza, which traditionally does pair very well with alcohol.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. So if anything, I just helped him feel better in that moment.
Speaker 1: You did. You did help him feel better in that moment by giving him that pizza. Uh See. That's the thing, right is you can't You can't save everyone. You can't even you can't even try. I mean you can try, but you won't do it. You can really do the best you can. And what I think is cool about your job delivering pizzas is that you help you do you do help people in the moment by delivering them pizzas. You feed people. It's a noble profession delivering pizzas. That man got to eat. He didn't have to fucking leave his house. Maybe he couldn't, maybe he was too drunk to leave his house, but he still, you know, deserved to be able to eat, and so you delivered him as pizza and in that moment provided a service for another person that was valuable to them. Now, how much did he tip you?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I honestly don't remember. I know he tipped me though. That's nice, and that's more than it's more than a lot of people around here. So any tips are greatly just, you know, really appreciate.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me, tell me you say it's stuck with you. How tell me just a little bit more about how it stuck with you.
Speaker 2: I Uh, I have recently, I mean okay, uh, I feel like I could be maybe having developing a problem with alcohol.
Speaker 3: You and I do.
Speaker 2: I've been I I even when I met him, I was drinking pretty often. But now I've been drinking pretty It's been almost every night, but not like maybe two days of the week.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Did part of you see yourself in this guy?
Speaker 2: I did, and I think that's what scared me.
Speaker 1: Mmm mm hmmm. How what do you? Why do you? Why do you think you're drinking so much? I?
Speaker 2: Uh, I I just think it. I mean, I think it's fun to me. You know, it's fun to drink, and I don't have a very good sense on self control.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, mm hmm. It is fun to drink. You ingest brown water, sometimes clear water, and you go, oh, it's fun. Because sentience is is a noyse is tough. It's a lot. Yeah, so you want it. You gotta numb yourself down sometimes I understand the impulse. Yeah, do you have anything? Although you seem like I will say this about you from what I know about you from talking to you on the phone, which is, uh, you have a lovely partner who you enjoy very much. You have three cats.
Speaker 3: Who you like.
Speaker 1: Yes, you you said you like your job, that's rare as hell. You have a good life. You have a good life. Do you agree? You know, I don't want to tell you what you have because you know your life.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I do absolutely agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why do you feel compelled to to run to numb yourself from your sentient experience of your own wonderful life? Genuine question?
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I have a real answer to why other than I ah, I get the pole impulse to do it, and I just want to do it, and sometimes it feels like I am not. I'm sorry, I want to set what oh my girlfriend saying that my parents have addictive personalities, which are.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. It's hereditary thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: My dad's definitely was or still is an alcoholic growing when I was growing up, to some extent, there was always he was, at least as far as when I say I alcoholic, I guess, I mean he was drinking every night and where there was no real uh control, I guess on his side.
Speaker 1: It didn't seem like, have you gone to a real therapist to talk about this?
Speaker 2: I not. I haven't been to So I went to therapy once and I had two sessions, and after that second session, I quit and I know that that's the thing that everyone does, and it's uh, I do. I do want to go back, and I've been trying to get that worked out. It's just a it's a process, I guess to get it done.
Speaker 1: Is any part of you drinking to forget the sight of that lady's boobs?
Speaker 2: Maybe that might be a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you go to therapy, you should talk about that as well. Definitely, Uh have you ever been to AA? I don't know shit about AA, so I'm not going to try to chill you on it, but I am. I'm curious if you've tried it.
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 2: I have brought it up to my girlfriend once and I've looked it up. It is something that I think would be I think definitely is a helpful resource. I mean, I know it works. I've seen people. I know people have gone through it. My best friend gone went through it and he he's been sober for two three years. So I just it's just taking that step really.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, well, Aiden, uh uh huh huh. I don't know. I think I'm happy. I'm I'm so happy to hear that you're happy with your life. It's aspiring to me. Actually, I've been thinking a lot. I know this sounds like I'm being facetious maybe, but I'm not. I've been thinking a lot lately about how to be happy in my own life. And I'm inspired by you because you seem so happy in yours. So but yet you know, your parents had this hereditary Your parents had this addictive personality. And when you when your dad there was there was, there was, there was that that gene was in his come and that was put into your mom's vagina. Then there was you, and you had no control over that. Every aspect of your life that you had control over, your decisions, your perceptions. You you've done a great job, it seems, of steering them in a positive direction to be happy. But you you were tainted come from the start, and you couldn't control that. And now you're dealing with that. But everything again that was within your control. It's doing pretty good. So I'm inspired by that, and I hope that you find a way to positively deal with you know, this hereditary issue. I don't know how much that's worth, but.
Speaker 2: No, I appreciate it. Man, it means a lot coming from you.
Speaker 1: Let me talk to your wife real quick.
Speaker 3: I watch your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, she wanted to talk anyway.
Speaker 3: You are good, good?
Speaker 1: Hey, while Hi, what's your name? My name is Natalie, Natalie, Natalie. I've been talking to I forget his name, but I've been talking to him aiden for twenty minutes. I like him a lot. He's got a cool life. He's a good guy. He's a good he's a sweet guy. Do you and before we move on, I wanted to get you know, your thoughts on him as a person on Uh, it sounds like you've been standing there while you've been talking. I want to I want to hear your wrap up on this. Any any thoughts you have on on our conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I was in the other room listening to it because I just wanted to hear what you are saying without being in the same room. But he's he loves this job, and he's been working really hard to try to support us and everything while I'm in school. So he's doing amazing and he loves me a lot, so helping me out with all I'm going through.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good. And you know what's great about his you know, you know, it's a nice thing about his job. Actually, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell this to him. Can you can hand the phone back?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: You know what I like? You know, it must be fun about being a pizza delivery driver.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Everyone's always happy to see you.
Speaker 2: There. Yeah, that's true for the for the most part. There's been a few times where they're just are away already just pissed off because their order has been waiting for a while. Yeah, sometimes we get really busy, But for the most part, that's true.
Speaker 1: And I'll say, well, then never minds I was going to say. I was going to say everyone's always happy to see you, and that's intoxicating in and of itself, but that you know what, I'm glad you saved me from saying that, because that would have been a really stupid way to end this call. Aiden. You're a great guy. I appreciate you sharing all the stuff with us, and I wish you the best of luck. Is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily to the people of the computer, but to you. I just want to say thank you for what you do, your show, is amazing. I've been watching you quite a while now, and me and my girlfriend are going to be seeing you live in September, so I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, we're at interested Charlotte, Charlotte. Oh my god, that's at least thirty years from now. I'll try to I'll try to get good at this before then.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you'll be fine. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you.
Speaker 3: Show up when we get work, Yes, sir, I hope.
Speaker 1: You bring a pizza.
Speaker 2: All right, I just.
Speaker 1: Might Okay, take care eden.
Speaker 3: A you too.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: And if he doesn't, I'm not letting him in.
Speaker 3: Kidding.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello? Is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 3: This is fat Mike?
Speaker 1: Fat Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How are you doing? Fat Mike?
Speaker 3: Doing pretty good?
Speaker 1: Are you? Uh? Fat Mike? It says here that you and your brother have been gambling a lot, but you keep winning, so you're not sure if it's a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, right now we're winning.
Speaker 1: Project have you ever have you you say, you know, the way that you said that was very contemplative. It seems as though you're aware perhaps you have this like premonition, this almost like it's a prophecy or something, you know, how dogs can sense natural disasters. I don't know if that's actually true, but that's like the energy. That's the energy that you gave off just now as you were talking that you're sensing the disaster of you soon losing.
Speaker 3: Well, actually i'm losing today.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you just said you were saying that you were winning right now, but you're losing.
Speaker 3: Well, in total, I'm up. It's like a week five week basis.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're up in total, but you're down.
Speaker 3: Today, that's true. Yep.
Speaker 1: Have you Is this the first time in a while that you've been down?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started by probably two months ago.
Speaker 1: And the first time you've been up in a month and the first time you've been down in two months?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not true.
Speaker 1: How's it feel to be down?
Speaker 3: Uh? It's a sad I gotta tell you, Like, I wake up and I'm like, ah, got to make that money back, right m hm.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to decide whether or not it's a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you could say that. I just want to hear.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the hesitancy? What are you not caring? If it's a problem, you cared at least enough to call me.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, it shouldn't get a.
Speaker 1: Problem say that. Say that again, It.
Speaker 3: Probably shouldn't be a problem. But like, I'm not betting like my rent.
Speaker 1: Yet you keep you keep talking without talking, you keep saying, you keep doing all these things that say, you started off with this, well we're winning today, then you did, then you added the yet at the end, and you are doing all these contemplation. You're like saying so much without saying anything. What it? Just tell me what it is that you're trying to say with it with all these things, do you understand what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, okay, let me let me let me let me hand you off to my brother. He's my betting partner. Got it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Gecko, how are you.
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Good? How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 1: Have you so? What's your take on on the gambling?
Speaker 3: I mean, we're both like college students, so it's kind of just something we do for a little bit of extra money. But it's I mean, it's been working out well so far. I'm like, I think I'm up like two fifty in a month. My brother's down a little bit because he has some issues following what I feel like I'm probably more sensible of it better than he is. So sometimes he doesn't doesn't follow my bets or listen to me, So he's down a little bit.
Speaker 1: But what is your definition.
Speaker 3: That knowing, knowing the risks you're taking, and like also doing the research, Like I feel like I do probably an hour and hour half research every day about like that's that I'm going to place m hmm.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't uh huh.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he does a little bit, but usually he'll just listen to me or his own research. But I don't think it's process is as well refined as mind as m.
Speaker 1: So he was on the phone with me talking about whether or not it was a problem. That's a that's that's initially why he called in was to discuss whether, Yeah, I mean, it was a problem.
Speaker 3: I'm curious what your take on it is is like, because we're winning right now, and obviously that's a good thing. But if you start losing, does it become a problem the frequency of how much you do it?
Speaker 1: If I could give you, I'll I can give you a take. I think that whether or not is a problem. I think whether or not it's a problem has nothing to do with if you're winning. Or losing. It's not even part of the equation. You could be only winning and it could be a problem, right, I think, like the only thing. I'm not a real therapist, but I think, first of all, I can't decide if it's a problem. You can't decide if it's a problem. You know, only he can really decide if it's a problem. But if it were me, I would think it was problem once it started to negatively affect his life or steer him away from directions he's trying to go. Because I mean, he was telling me that he wakes up and the first thing he's thinking is, Okay, we got to make this money. So it's like the first thing he does when he wakes up, right.
Speaker 3: So that, yeah, I mean that that might be a little bit concerning.
Speaker 1: I have a problem with fucking Instagram. I look at Instagram to the first thing I look at when I wake up. It's a problem, right, all right, So again the whole way I mean, that's the thing, right is even if he's winning, if he wakes up and the first thing he's thinking about his wins, it takes it takes takes control over his day, which would make it problem. My opinion, but my opinion is worthless. It's about his opinion.
Speaker 3: Right right now. It's kind of like just a side hustle. I guess, like I'm not really we don't really bet anything that we can't afford to pay. So I think as long as we stay in like sensible ground and not go off the rails, I think I feel like.
Speaker 2: That it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: But if if it is something that takes over like his brain in his mind, and he's just thinking about that all the time, then it could definitely be a problem.
Speaker 1: Is can he hear all this right now? Can he hear our conversation?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're on speakers.
Speaker 1: Uh, what do you think about this all? Fat?
Speaker 3: Mike? Yeah, come on, like I like it a lot. I have a lot to think about.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to share anything right now?
Speaker 3: I think I might take a break for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It seems like I'm on my phone a little bit too much because of it, because I kind of cut all those social media platforms out. So this is like what I do when I'm board.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Okay, So you had an experience where you diagnosed that you had a problem with so I hate the word diagnosed, but you realized that you had a problem with social media, and so you cut all that stuff out. So you have before in your life realized you had a problem and cut the shit out.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think social media is kind of unhealthy, okay, looking at perfect things all day.
Speaker 1: Hmm, Well, fat Mike, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: I just want to say thank you. I work a summer job of like a mosquito business, and I listen to you all the time, and you keep me entertained all the time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man. I have always wanted to contribute in some way, shape or form to the mosquito business. Not on the side of the mosquitoes, on the side that you're on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course not. We're exterminating them soon.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for the work that you're doing for the country of America.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, sir, Great night.
Speaker 1: Those are good guys. They're making me think about my own problems. I'm trying to do that more so. It's the easiest thing in the entire planet to sit here and try to work out with people if they have problems. But now I'm working out with myself to have a problem. But of course I have a problem. Of course I have a problem. I wake up in the morning and I'm like, this happened to me this morning. I woke up and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna do my journal before I look at Instagram. I said that to myself, and then I didn't. He just looked at it and he didn't even do the journal because I have a problem. I exist day to day alongside many human beings like me with fucking problems. What's that song? Fucking problems? Who does that? Who does the song? Fucking problems? Yeah, I like to fuck. I got a fucking problem that guy whoever, I forget who does the song, But he's got fucking problems. He likes to fuck, and that's for him, a fucking problem. I got Insta I have the Instagram thing. That's a fucking problem. And Fat Mike has gambling. And he realized for himself it was a fucking problem, and uh, good for him. I'm inspired by him. He's like, I have a problem. I'm gonna do something to fix it. I'll take note of that. Hello, hello, saw A Mean, what's happening? What's going on? What's your life like?
Speaker 3: So right now I was talking to guy before, trying to figure out where my life is going after this. Man, I opened a dealership out here in Houston, car dealership and me and my best friend opened it together, and basically the bank's game gave us a bunch of money to buy cars, and we fucking blew it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We we bought way too many cars that we couldn't sell the time, and you know, put a strain on me, my best friend's relationship. We've been busting our ass for two years in a row. And now it's you know, everything is pretty much all packed up ready to go. Everything's done. Now, it's just like now what you know?
Speaker 1: So you a chance and you started your own car dealership and a bank gave you alone to buy your initial inventory. Yep, So dude, you know what's crazy is that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean for any business, like, buying your initial inventory and holding on to inventory is risky because you never know if you're going to sell it. But buying an inventory of cars sounds kind of terrifying because you're buying a giant inventory of really highly priced stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, one point two five million, the worth.
Speaker 1: One point two five million dollars worth of cars.
Speaker 3: It's about that's been the worn cars.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow. So when you decided to close down, how many dollars worth of cars did you have in your lot unsold?
Speaker 3: About four hundred and ninety.
Speaker 1: About four hundred and ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so as you go along with these cars, as you go along, you're pretty much pay So, say you have a just for maths stake, you have one hundred thousand dollars flow pay, right, so you buy ten cars at ten thousand dollars. Every month you pay one thousand dollars on each car. Right, About nine hundred goals towards the principle, which is what you owe on the car, which is ten thousand dollars and AD, and one hundred goes towards the interest, the fees the audiata.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So some of these cars at four hundred eighty thousand, Yeah, that's what it's valued at. But say we owe the bank twelve thousand dollars on a twenty five thousand dollars car and they want their money. Now, you're gonna have to send those to the auction and possibly take a loss. You know, the worst loss I took was twenty thousand dollars on a Ford Bunco. You know, it wasn't it was bad man, you know. And it wasn't just my money. It was my money in my best friend's money. You know. We granted me and him worked at the same dealerships, like we've always worked at the same dealerships. You know, when you take a big step like that, you don't you don't really think about all the all the other ship that comes with it.
Speaker 1: So you said that, you said that you this, You said that this ruined your friendship a little bit, or or maybe if not ruined, at least put a dent into it. How did this affect your personal relationship.
Speaker 3: So pretty much made him dying out anymore? I was out of work with the workship. Mm hmmm, just because also, like we've we didn't we haven't seen anybody else in the past two years other than each other, just building at this dealership and pretty much just fucking it up, you know.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Was there a particular instance of a thing that that hurt your guys's friendship or was it just a general degradation over time?
Speaker 3: It was just you know, when you're working eighty hours a week, you know what I mean, And certain things aren't getting done certain weeks, you're not getting paid because you know, you have to pay your employees and shit like that. Of course, over time, it's it's just gonna wear you down, you know what I mean. It gets tired. It's real tired. Wow. And you know you have angry customers, angry employees, angry banks. It all comes down on two people's heads, you know what I mean. We're not old either, man, Like I'm thirty twenty seven, you know what I mean. That is really good.
Speaker 1: So where are you at now? What kinds of lasting effects are you having to deal with as a result of the failure of the dealership.
Speaker 3: So this was I've been in the car business for nine years, so this was kind of like gonna be like my dream, you know what I mean. Holy shit, I'm opening up my own dealership with my own name. I'm not working for newbody anymore. But doing this actually made me realize how much I hate the car business.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: So that within itself is a blessing. I guess it cost me a lot of fucking money. In a lot of times, God could have picked a different, different way to show me that I shouldn't be in the car business anymore. But like now that I see it for what it is, and especially that I see all like all facets of it, the fucking tax side, the title side, the bank side, the floor plan side, it is it's not for me, not for me.
Speaker 1: What was it about the the car life that you thought was for you? What was the idyllic version, the.
Speaker 3: Hustle and bustle? Man? I just I loved getting up. I love talking to people. I love convincing people. I love the finance side of it, just helping people out, like believe it or not, Like a couple of times in my dealership I had I would sign people up for Uber like you know, so that way they could help that could help them with the car payment or whatever, like stupid shit like that. It just it went a long way with me, you know what I mean. And I just you know, like when you own a dealership, you're going to the DMV, you're going to the tax office, you're dealing with an accounting, you're going through the auction. The auction's one, don't get me wrong, but it's just everything fun about the car dealership business. I couldn't do because I had to deal with the bigger.
Speaker 1: Ship and what is your plan now?
Speaker 3: So pretty much me and him are cashing out whatever money's left, and to be honest with you, I don't know. I just I know I'm going to go into some kind of business venture right now. Like I picked up bounty hunting on the side for fun. That's been interesting to say the least.
Speaker 1: You picked up by hunting on the side. What how does one yeah, pick up bounty hunting.
Speaker 3: So, so I sold this guy he owns his own security, private security company that also does future of recovery. I sold him a Tundra, a twenty twenty Tundra, and I was like so yeah, Like I was like, yeah, so this is what you do.
Speaker 5: He's like yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like yeah, I'd love to come along for bounty. And I was like, yeah, sure, fuck it. Come So I go along one day and I was like, holy shit, this is fucking awesome. Can I do this all the time. He's like, yeah, I'll call you every time we have a bounty. So I've been actually like doing little bounties here and there. It's pretty it's pretty fucking fun and it's not like it's something stupid like, we don't go after kids who missed their court date for weed and ship, like he goes, he goes after some serious people and it's it's it's fun. It's fun to say the least. Oh, but it is. It is quite dangerous. It's it's a different lifestyle. But yeah, I do it parts, that's all right.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting thing when you have this idellic thing that you are going after for so long, and then after going out it for so long, you realize that it's not for you. It puts you in a scary yet also interesting place with a lot of potential energy because now that you're no longer chained to the pursuit of your dreams, you can kind of do anything.
Speaker 3: And that's what I feel like. I feel like my life is kind of like Grandtoft thoughto right now, I could do whatever the fuck I want. But like it's like what do I want? You know what I mean? Like I thought the dealership was what I wanted. I attained it. Now it's not what I want, So what do I want? I kind of have to sit down with myself and think about that, especially, like you know, my parents were telling about it. They were like all right, Well, you're gonna get all this money, what are you gonna do with it? Obviously, I don't know. I'm not just like just relax for like a year, kind of like how I did with like high school to college. I just relaxed for a year before I did anything, just thought about my plan.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Said you're gonna do other You said that you're gonna do other entrepreneurial ventures.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, that's all what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: What adventures? A restaurant, Yeah, either a restaurant, all right.
Speaker 3: Saw, what I was thinking about doing was generally just buying out like dying businesses. I sawt like like I went around and looked at a couple of businesses, you know, like a restaurant and al salon. I thinking about just taking those over, sprucing them up, uh, you know, taking care of them for like a year or two, building up the clientele, building up the customer base, and then just selling them off for a product.
Speaker 1: Now isn't But now isn't a lot of the stuff that kind of made you realize that you don't want to get into cars, like the bureaucracy, the taxes, the banks, just just I mean the the way that you described it to me was like, you had this idea of what not even not even a car well not even running a car dealership is like, but just the idea of like what running a business is like, and then when you actually went and do it, you realized, oh, this actually fucking sucks. And the things about it that you were describing sucked seemed to be things that weren't just you know, car things. They were constants in the pursuit of doing your own business. And I feel like, would you not run into a lot of those again if you were to do something like, you know, running a restaurant. Not to be a downer, but.
Speaker 3: No, but you're right, whuh yeah, that shit would just suck just as bad it's not. It'd be worse because now I have to worry about food, I have to worry about fucking health organizations. I got to worry about people not getting sick. That would be a lot worse.
Speaker 1: I get the sense from you that you're very you know, you're a hustler. You like entrepreneurship and whatnot, and you like the freedom of it. But uh, it's it's a that's a that's a hard place to be in because there's there's a lot of rewarding stuff you can get out of that, but then also just a ton of stress and headaches and and bullshit that you really got to have a strong stomach for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is the ship that kind of sucks about life. Sometimes it's just like, Okay, I have the means, but I just I don't know what to do at this point. I just I kind of just want to take like a year to just live, explore it's out there, see what's up. Maybe fault, maybe chase this bounty hunting thing for a little bit, because that seems to be the only thing that's like that I'm I look forward to now, you know what I mean, Like jobs forward to I haven't. Yeah, it's fun, man, it's fun. You know. I feel like I'm doing something with my life. You know, I'm making it somehow some way. I'm making a difference, you know, And that's all that ever matter to me. And I only kind of sold out to for all this business ship just because money. But yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: No, it sounds like you like to do anything where you get a little bit of a gratification from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now you do bring up a very interesting dilemma that I think about in my own life too, which is like, you know, you have things that you want to do that bring you lots of joy and benefit, but they also come at the cost of just driving you insane with a lot of the peripherals of them, and then you wonder and way the peripherals against uh, you know, how happy doing the thing makes you. And at the end of the day, that's that's a decision that you've got to make for yourself. Who have you caught anyone with this bounty hunter?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Actually, like my most like my most aff the wall kind of case was a he's a criminal defense attorney, and with him we had to be you know, like he's a criminal defense attorney, so you have to literally do everything by the book otherwise it's it's trouble. But he couldn't stop being the shit out of his wife. So the county pretty much had it. It was just like it go get him. So we went and he knew the law. He knew the law really well. So we went there like eight o'clock right and from eight o'clock till about three point thirty, he wouldn't come out of his house because he knows that, like, you know, we didn't have it's not technically a felony warrant, so we couldn't just break his door in. So he literally just sat us out until we finally, like finally, finally we got permission from the lamp border. She was like, yeah, it's my building. You kicked the door anywhere. Thank you kicked the door and grabbed him up. I saw him. Oh, friend, Man, that wasn't pretty. Man, that was pretty a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: But well, I mean, man, listen, good luck in your future endeavors. I hope you'll find out something to do or or at the very least, I hope you're able to do a string of things that bring you momentary enjoyment in the moment that you're doing them before you die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate you, man, talking to you is one of them. So I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to check that off my bucket list.
Speaker 1: Buck Yeah, thank you. I mean, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Thank Eric.
Speaker 1: Brother, he was a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 5: Is this the gag?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 3: Fuckay?
Speaker 5: This is Hannah?
Speaker 1: Hannah, what's cracking with you, uh much?
Speaker 4: Just laying on my bed.
Speaker 3: Hanging?
Speaker 1: What do you what is your life normally? Like are you? Are you always laying on a bed hanging? What are you doing when you're not laying on a bed hanging?
Speaker 5: I am a teacher.
Speaker 1: Okay, how's that going?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's going, it's going on light.
Speaker 5: I am very super busy this year, and I'm like debating whether I want to renew my contract or not and like go off and do something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says here you uh, okay, hold on, I have to just ask you about this real quick. It says your name is Hannah.
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: You're twenty seven years old. It says your name is Hannah. You're twenty seven years old. You live in Montana. Is that true?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately?
Speaker 1: Yes, your name is Hannah and you live in Montana. I thought you were working with me.
Speaker 5: Born and raised baby.
Speaker 1: Girl, Hannah, Montana. It says here that you you've been a teacher for five years and you're thinking you might not want to do it anymore because you're feeling underpaid and overworked. So tell me about your your thought process here. Why are you feeling as though you might not want to do this anymore.
Speaker 5: It's like super stressful, and I feel like sometimes I don't have the emotional capacity to like get that stressed out as I've gotten this year already.
Speaker 1: When you first started the year, I mean, when you first started this five years ago, was your emotional capacity greater than it is now.
Speaker 5: I think this is the hardest job that I've had in the past, Like, like, this is the hardest job I've gotten so far, the hardest job I've got five years because I've worked a different Yeah okay, because.
Speaker 1: You've worked at different schools. I think I've been the same school for five years. Yeah, yeah, okay, what makes this the hardest around you've gotten so far?
Speaker 5: Fuck, dude, I'm busy, like all the time. I literally teach nine classes a day. I teach two hundred and sixty two students every fucking day.
Speaker 1: You teach nine classes. I didn't when I was in school, I didn't even go to nine classes a day.
Speaker 6: Because I teach K through twelve.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 5: I live in a tiny town and so I teach literally kindergarten all the way up through seniors in high school.
Speaker 1: What is it about this particular job besides just the workload itself, the sheer quality quantity of the work. How are the kids?
Speaker 5: It depends on what age you're talking about, Which one.
Speaker 1: Which? Okay, which age grape is the worst?
Speaker 5: Fucking seventh and eighth graders, Dude, that's.
Speaker 1: What I thought, if I had to put my money on. Yeah, that's what I thought. It has to be the seventh thing. Tell me why, in your opinion, it's been the seventh and eighth graders.
Speaker 5: They like don't listen at all. Like they'll seriously be like wrestling on the floor and they'll be like, guys, stop, guys, stop, guys, oh my god, stop, and they'll just like don't and I'm like, okay, well, and then one of them is like, oh my god, they heard me, and I'm like, whoa, I don't feel bad for you.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been there? Have you ever had to Have you ever had to like actually take a part a physical confrontation.
Speaker 5: No, because they all like, since it's a small town, everybody knows each other, so everybody's friends with each other, so it's more just like they're at their house just wrestling around, but unfortunately they're doing it in my room.
Speaker 1: Tell me what made you want to start doing this job. What we've covered a little bit of the negative. I mean, what's the positive? What what got you into this? And is that glimmer of hope still hiding anywhere.
Speaker 5: Somewhere like it is? I don't. I'm honestly not really sure why I chose the route so that I chose. I know, like cause I'm a music teacher and I love I love music and singing and like being in musicals and shit like that. But like now that I'm teaching, it's like it's not as fun anymore. I guess, like I'd rather be in a musical or like in a big choir than teaching kindergarteners with golf of the red nosing here.
Speaker 1: Hmm uh So if you were to quit teaching, what is it that you would do?
Speaker 6: I was fucking no, dude, I like straight out of high school, I went to college, graduated in four years, and then I've been teaching since I've graduated and then so I really.
Speaker 5: Not questioned anything until like recently, and now I'm like, oh my gosh, or if I don't want to do this anymore, what do I do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna have to go back to college. But I don't have the money for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, yeah. That's a tough thing when you've like dedicated your life to something and then you realize you don't want to do it anymore. It's interesting because it's a it's a double edged sword because on one hand, you get out of it and you're like, oh no, this was I don't I don't even know how to walk or breathe or talk anymore because all of my walking, breathing and talking was related to this thing that I've been invested in for so long. But then, yeah, on the flip side, you could do anything. You're a human being. I'm alive in the universe. You're alive. How old are you now?
Speaker 5: Seven?
Speaker 1: You're twenty seven? Do you have arms and legs all four? You're amazing. You could do anything. This is crazy. This is a weird This is wild. Why what do you what do you want to do? You feel like you couldn't do.
Speaker 5: Dude, I've always wanted to get into voice acting.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Like.
Speaker 5: I think, as funny as it sounds like, my dream job would be like a Disney princess where I get a voice act dancing all at.
Speaker 3: The same time.
Speaker 1: Do you know it? Can you do any voices for us?
Speaker 6: I can talk in.
Speaker 5: My book lin Exit like this. I do it in front of my sixth grades all the time, and they absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that you want to be a voice actor. And have you done any like do you make videos? Do you make tiktoks or YouTube videos where you're doing your voices?
Speaker 5: I totally would and I could. I'm just afraid because I don't want my students to find my page.
Speaker 1: Ah okay, well then, but if you don't have your teaching job, then I have.
Speaker 6: To like really monitor.
Speaker 5: I guess that's true. I guess that's true. They ain't pay me no more.
Speaker 1: It's true. But I'm not going to tell you to quit your teaching job because I'm not here to tell you what to do.
Speaker 5: But no, oh okay, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And also, even if I did tell you to quit your teaching job, I would hope you seem like you're smart enough that me telling you to quit your teaching job wouldn't be much of a factor in you actually making that decision.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: My counselor thinks I'm pretty smart too.
Speaker 1: What's your name again, Hannah? From Montana. How the fuck did I forget that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, Hannah Montana, what do you have kids?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, give a husband or a wife or a dog.
Speaker 4: I have a fiance.
Speaker 5: It's been engaged for like five and a half almost six years, so husband eventually.
Speaker 1: But yeah, how come how come you guys guys haven't gotten married married yet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: There have been like different levels that we wanted to get past before we do it, And one of them was graduate college, then like get jobs and then be financially independent. And I didn't become financially dependent until like last year, and they were like, oh shit, Uh, I guess we could.
Speaker 1: What does he do?
Speaker 5: But we just haven't done it. Uh he works for the Department of Agriculture.
Speaker 1: Does he like doing that? Sorta? Okay? All right? And you sort of liked teacher?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know, dude. I have such a hard time.
Speaker 6: Like I get to work and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh my gosh, I love the kids, They're so amazing. And then I get home and I'm like, oh my fucking god, what have I gotten myself into?
Speaker 1: Mm? Okay, So, so what you just said just now, so you're feeling like in the moment you're there, you're with the kids, you are enjoying the thing, but then reflecting upon your life as a whole, you're like.
Speaker 5: I gotta get out of here, surely, yeah, not like I gotta get the fuck out of here, but like, do I want to be here? Edison in general have a lot of anxiety.
Speaker 1: It's hard because not every single thing you could choose to do has pros and cons to it. I mean, even if you're a voice actor, there's a whole lot there's the whole thing of getting inconsistent work. There's you know, you would have to kiss a lot of frogs if you are a Disney princess.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm that was a really silly joke that I just made.
Speaker 5: I know, I love it very quick.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think of something. That's all I could think of. H I don't know, man, I don't know has talking about test talking about this helped at all.
Speaker 5: Like a little bit, Like I know, I've thought about making tiktoks before of like singing me singing and stuff like that. I've just been too lazy to do it. And it's just given me another chance to think about like, you know, maybe it's not like a bad idea, And so what if my students find it, maybe they'll be the only views that I get.
Speaker 1: See, there we go. That's how I think. That's a good way to think about your students finding your your your tiktoks. Is this just more views for you?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 5: True? This is a positive. Gotta look at the positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hannah Montana, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: Only do one illegal thing at a time.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I like that idea.
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling man.
Speaker 5: You never can.
Speaker 1: Goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: Never be can goes to a tide.
Speaker 3: He's teaching you cloud to the men of your life that it's not really an expert