Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Beca Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And two times People's Choice Award winning podcast. Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday.
Speaker 2: It's not just any Monday.
Speaker 1: Tis not any Monday.
Speaker 2: It's a Mark Monday, as it is Mark's birthday.
Speaker 1: Happy Birthday, Mark, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Mark.
Speaker 1: We love you. You are not with us today.
Speaker 3: So he's at home, yes, celebrating correct I meant physically yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in our hearts he's with us always always yeah, hope.
Speaker 2: He's eating lots of pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves pie, loves pie.
Speaker 2: Tanya said, that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: If I was dating a guy and he only ate pie or only.
Speaker 2: Liked pie, he doesn't only like pie was.
Speaker 1: His favorite dessert, I'd say goodbye.
Speaker 2: It's not a red flag, but it's like a it's a it's a bit, you know the trend of with base flogs.
Speaker 1: It's really red. To be honest, the only time I eat pie is on Thanksgiving, and I do it reguards break grudgingly because it's part of the tradition.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure one time we got Mark like an assortment of pies and you were surely enjoying them as we were all testing me before.
Speaker 1: I will have a bite, but like, I would never order a pie, do you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? We can't flag it as red.
Speaker 1: It can be burgundy, shade of red, pink. Not to put poo on Mark because it's his birthday.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he likes what he likes, and we like that really defending himself right now. So we're doing this unfairly. Yeah, what did you do this weekend?
Speaker 1: Speaking of pie? Oh, I didn't need any pie, but I went out to dinner this weekend at this new restaurant kind of like buy our house, okay, and we're having dinner. It's like so cute. It's kind of like this like New York vibe but like in la okay. And this girl walks over to our table and she's like, Hi, I'm a scrubber love yes. And I was like, oh my gosh, and she was I normally wouldn't interrupt, interrupt you while you're eating, but I always know that you're like always want people to come say hi. So anyways, I wanted to give her a shot out. Her name is Aaron, and she was so lovely and she was like No, she does not live in LA. She lives in New York or like New York adjacent. She was visiting though, yes, yes, because she works for the the restaurant. Oh yeah, she's like Bad Roman. Shout it out the Bad Roman. It's called Bad Roman.
Speaker 2: What kind of food?
Speaker 1: So so I'm like not a foodie, you know, like I'm surrounded by foody people in my life. I heard that it's like Italian, but we had like pasta. We had a delicious fish. I think it's like the Italian American. I don't know, but it was delicious. We had a really yummy stan shout out to Erin and amazing deserts.
Speaker 2: Chef Robbie took a break.
Speaker 1: Chef Robbie took a bro He was very fired by the food though at Bad Roman.
Speaker 2: I feel like we didn't talk about this last week, but I think Robbie or maybe this happened after last week's episode. But I reached out to Next Level Chef. I DM to him on Instagram and was like, I have someone I want to submit. Who do I contact for casting?
Speaker 1: Did they ever get back to They've never gotten back to me, Next Level Chef. That is so rude.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's running their account, and they might take it off while it's not in. You know, they might not be is on there. That's what I'm gonna say. But if anyone knows that the casting at Next Level Chef or a chef show adjacent, I want Robbie to go on the show so badly.
Speaker 1: So Next Level Chef worries me for Robbie because like these people have thirty seconds to grab whatever ingredients. Like, yeah, Robbie's not trained, you know, like he's like a home chef.
Speaker 2: He's an artist.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he's a creative, but that show makes me nervous because I feel like it's all about the grab.
Speaker 2: No, so my idea because that was he he also said that was a fear of his. Yeah, And I said, you and Tanya should do some training where you order food and get like me, meat and then veggies and random sauces and things, and he just has to create something with those items you buy him, like it's training.
Speaker 1: There's this other show that Bobby Flay hosts that's like Titans, something Tightens, Triple Threat, I don't know, something like that, but basically they give you two ingredients and you have to like make a edition forty five minutes or whatever. And I'm like, that's the thing that I think would be hard for him, you know what I mean? Yeah, that just like getting the random ingredients and having to make because these people have been doing it for like decades.
Speaker 2: As someone who's not watching Barbecue Brawl. Is that something he could go on.
Speaker 1: Barbecue Brall does feel more up his alley?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, maybe could reach on to someone. Maybe that's where we started.
Speaker 1: Taking them in so many videos that they don't even say thanks for the watch. I'm like watching you religiously week to week.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Ah, they're not even saying things.
Speaker 1: Work, doesn't be very engaged with their viewers, not like Survivor.
Speaker 2: Well, to move on from that, I will continue to pitch these things, but maybe we give him more time to cook more from the heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you, he's cooking from the heart. I woke up over the weekend and he made me like this. He saw it on TikTok. It was like how to use rice paper and like make it kind of like a bagel or something.
Speaker 2: He made that with rice paper.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was amazing. He like baked it. It was like an egg sandwich, gluten free faux bagel. It was so good. I just woke up to it. I woke up like this.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you he's got we we have a star on our hand. We have started personality. He has style, you know.
Speaker 1: He's not just yeah, yeah, he's like do you know Michael Bataggio. That totally might not be his name. I think that's his name. Oh Sam, let me know if that's wrong. He's like one of the big chefs on the Food Network. But he's like cool. He's got like tattoos and he's just like got cool hair, and he's always wearing like just cool stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaking of cool stuff, have you tried any new trends lately? Like you know how you walked with the ipatches on and you felt just exposed that everyone knew you were not I was a posers? Well, I mean, I guess you're doing what everyone else is doing, so you're not technically a poser because that would make everyone else opposer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any new trends, I don't think so Why have I have?
Speaker 2: You know, because I saw this girl say that she took a risk and wore a bandana. You know, the look where you wear but like a bandana scarfled her head and a guy was like called her whole cogin may think of me, Like you finally take a risk to try something, and you're you're already thinking everyone knows that you're uncomfortable in your decision, and like she never wears hat. This is her first summer hat. And then you tried the bandana trend and someone says.
Speaker 1: Spot and like a bathing suit with like a matching bandana, Like it came as like a set and I was just like, I can't pull that off. I know my strength, you could pull off. Puh lease. Also, I would like to clarify something. What about the dogs being out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dogs have been out at work, Just so y'all know, ton, Well, just let's go back a few episodes. Tanya said she will not wear flip flops with her dogs out because she is absolutely repulsed by the idea of doing so, and so she's been a stickler about it. She's been the toe police. She's been calling out others.
Speaker 1: In a perfect world, Okay, in a perfect world, my dogs would not need to be out. My dogs could be covered. I could wear tennis shoes, I could wear full bodies shoe what are they called?
Speaker 2: Flats?
Speaker 1: Close toad, thank you all the time. However, this summer and it is sweltering hot in Los Angeles. Yeah, so sometimes I have to have the dogs out. But I want to clarify that I bring a pair of socks with me in my purse at all times, and I will put socks on when I'm at work. So if I have sandals on at work, I will have socks on with my sandals, and then I leave work I take them off.
Speaker 2: That's insane. What's the difference in just having a sneaker on? Then? Why not just bring the flipflops in your car and then when you leave the office you put those on. So, oh, I got it. I got her a brain twister.
Speaker 1: So it's hard to explain. But my whole obsession with my feet being like covered is to keep my feet warm, because I say warm feet is a warm uterus, and a warm uterus as an inviting home for a child. Right, So I've been obsessed with keeping my feet warm in the summer. It's so hot that outside I don't i'm I'm I'm overheated. So I'd like to keep my feet cool to keep my body temperature a little bit cool. But then when I'm inside this building that's like sixty degrees, I'm cold. So then I put the socks back on.
Speaker 2: I know. So I'm saying, why not put your sneakers on with your socks at home?
Speaker 1: Go to Sometimes sometimes I don't want to wear a sneaker. I'd like to wear like a big, chunky, you know, trendy shoe.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm saying in the office, a trendy shoe, a trendy, clunky flip flop with a sock is not cool. I don't cool. No, I'm just saying I'm not being cool. You just said you want to be trendy.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: Basically, I've basically there's no excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to hold my hands up and just say that.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is a huge moment. If you've been listening to this podcast, she is raising her hands in defeat.
Speaker 1: I the dogs do have to come out at some point in your life. Unfortunately, I wish I could not have them out, but in the summertime, I think they're just gonna have to be out for all time.
Speaker 2: Flats that are like the mesh flat, so you have their breathable.
Speaker 1: I know, so like, oh no, what's your issue there? I'm just not a flat squirrel like I like to wear socks with like my flats, you know. I can't wear flats that have like the mesh or like the jellies. I just feel like they get stinky and smelly and like dirt gets in there.
Speaker 2: Where are you going? Where are you going that? That's you're getting dirt and.
Speaker 1: Stinking fox just outside.
Speaker 2: But a flip fop is fine.
Speaker 1: A flip pop is gross too, but at least like it's more breathable.
Speaker 2: None of this is just Crystal is going to edit this together beautifully, and that's where I find it exist.
Speaker 1: I just need to know, like any scrubber listening, if this makes sense to anybody, because it really makes sense in my head.
Speaker 2: Well, I think keeping your feet warm makes sense. I'm not arguing with that. I'm just like, you could just wear the socks in this used to the studio and then bring in your flip flops because they're small.
Speaker 1: You have quite Yeah, the slides I'm wearing today, like these.
Speaker 2: Those are winter shoes.
Speaker 1: Oh they are.
Speaker 2: I mean I would say those are winter clogs, so.
Speaker 1: They don't require a sock, like you could just wear these.
Speaker 2: Ew what but I wear a sock. Yeah, same, I'm not wearing anything like that without a sock.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're not hot right now? Overheated being outside and what you have on a long sleeve niche or jeans, clogs and socks?
Speaker 1: No, okay, so my I rest my case. But man, people really hold you accountable on Instagram. All oh my gosh, the dogs are out. The dogs are out. I'm like, I know, I know in a perfect world they wouldn't be out, but sometimes it.
Speaker 2: Just it just knows. Accountability is not fun.
Speaker 1: Sometimes accountability is key. And I'm gonna hold my hands up and say that this summer the dogs will be up. But I'm still not on high heels. I'm still wearing like kitten heels and stuff.
Speaker 2: Wait what does no, but what does that have to do with the dogs?
Speaker 1: All like footwear, but weear adjacent.
Speaker 2: So no high heels above what?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, like this, just a.
Speaker 2: Two inch er kitten heels because of comfort, comfort not warmth.
Speaker 1: Just done with it, done with hurting my feet for the male gaze, thistmes.
Speaker 2: Kitten heels hurt though it's almost like your heels balancing on a cleat.
Speaker 1: I find them to be quite nice.
Speaker 2: Haley's also very into a kitten heel. She refuses to go anything taller. Yeah, I'm my think about going somewhere. When I'm dressing up. I will be as uncomfortable as I need to be, as long as I feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm done with that phase of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am not put her to bed. No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: She is tucked in waiting, waiting for me to come back at some point. May not. She made me go for good, She maye go for good. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, looky for you. Kitten heels are in. I know kind of the choice right now. A wedge is in.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know a wedge, Yes, a wedge. I can go sky high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy's limit just riveting content. You also went to a coffee shop this weekend. Yes, tell me about that, because that felt like a choice out of your.
Speaker 1: Way, very out of my way. It was in Venice. But it's like so funny because Robbie goes, I was gonna surprise you this weekend, but it's like not that cool. He's like I found for your birthday, No, just for like last weekend, and uh, He's like, uh, I found the goal from Love Island, USA. I found his coffee shop in Venice, and I was gonna take you. And I was like, yeah, I'm so glad that you didn't like surprise me with this because I'd be like, okay, but I really wanted to go, so oh my god. Also we'll talk about the Love on filin Finale, which we can get into a little bit later. But uh, so we go. It's in Venice, it's a Saturday morning, and we show up and there's a line like down the block and Goll's not even there.
Speaker 2: Wait, this is Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, and like not even like prime coffee time. It was like eleven thirty in the morning. So I figured by like the morning rush, i'd be fine if I went, like after it was out and about. And then I went and looked in the store to see gall was even there. He was not even there. And then I did and I was about to bribe the woman in the front to just get I was like, I'll pay for your coffee if you just give me one, get me one. But I was getting dirty looks just walking in there. So I was like, I'm just gonna mine my p's and q's. But we left.
Speaker 2: You didn't even get a coffee.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a coffee. There is no way I'm waiting in an hour less line for anything. I'm that's coffee that I could get that's better at my house.
Speaker 2: Why do I feel surprised that there was a line down the street?
Speaker 1: I was shocked, too, shook, But then I realized the next day, the very next day, there was like some sort of carnival going on at this coffee shop. There was like a dunk tank. Goll was being dunked. Kinsey was there, Dylan was there, Pepe I think was there. Like it was like a whole Love Island reunion.
Speaker 2: And I was excited about that. Yes, really like you would have been. You would have waited in line.
Speaker 1: Umm, I don't know, not waiting in line, but I would have loved to see it all like going down. Yeah, it's gotta be so weird.
Speaker 2: Haley and I were talking about this last night because I was saying, how weird it must be or in this bubble and then you get out and like you have no idea how you've been perceived for six weeks with these people who are watching you every single night, like you have no idea what how you're thought of?
Speaker 1: Right, and you like have all you have.
Speaker 2: Is America's votes, and you're kind of one. Like you get in your head about it because you're like, what are they not?
Speaker 1: Like think about it. You're living your life there twenty four to seven, so in your mind like everybody's seeing everything, but we're only seeing little snippets of things.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, And then you get out and they give your phone back and you're scrolling and you type in your name, which I'm sure they did because like my experience when I went on The Bachelor was before I went on, it had been leaked kind of some of the people going on, and people were so nice to me, and then there was like as the season went on and people liked other people more and we're rooting for other people, the reddit threads.
Speaker 1: Got nasty more like just like I don't like back.
Speaker 2: You know, I like so and so more. And so I quickly was like, I'm not going to look at reddit threads anymore because what good is what if the positive ones aren't what's sticking in my mind? Why am I looking at that? But I imagine them not seeing anything before and then getting off and it just being these think pieces, these psychoanalysis of them. It's like the weirdest feeling I imagine. And then they go to this don't take it their friends.
Speaker 1: Coffee shop and everybody's like wanting a selfie. You would definitely get a selfie. I would have been like, Kenzie, you inspired me to start learning how to do the splits again.
Speaker 2: Is that a new journey we're on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really hard.
Speaker 2: That's not feeling tender.
Speaker 1: I'm not like pushing it. I'm just like laying letting gravity do its thing with my legs. But it's tough. I'm not far along. It's been one week.
Speaker 2: Well you should document this.
Speaker 1: It's really tough. I don't think I might ever get down all the way, but I'm gonna try so you.
Speaker 2: Those people would would just Kenzy would have excited you, or you would have been excited about all those people.
Speaker 1: Uh Dylan don't need him, Uh goll don't need him. I would be excited about Kenzie Jen Pepe.
Speaker 2: I will say I appreciate Gall and Jen playing into the dynamic. They did a really fun, like hot photo shoot and into the dynamic of him being a do a douche and her like playing into that, and I enjoy that he's he's really leaning into it with humor, which she do.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that too.
Speaker 2: You can't come on and cry about the hay when you were not a polite gentleman on TV. And he's doing the right he's handling it the.
Speaker 1: Right way and also letting her like be the star the star.
Speaker 2: And also I have to shout out his coffee shop because the way they ran that and ran the social media during it was so impressive. They were calling him out on what he was doing. And then they one day it was if you were named Jen you could get a free coffee at their shop.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 2: So they did a really good job with marketing. So I do. I do like how they've yeah Saba Saba surf.
Speaker 1: Surf or something like that. Yeah, yeah, I went there.
Speaker 2: Well was instant, she was there on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: You know what else I really love? I love and the trend or like the people all the businesses. I love when companies like get involved with pop culture stuff. Okay, so all the companies were posting like I can't remember exactly, but like let's say it with Delta. Melanie will give you free flights for a year if you dump this guy, and like Orange Theory was like, we'll give you unlimited classes if you dump this guy. Like everybody was jumping in on it. Yeah, and this girl, pardon my absence of her name, is it Teffie the girl that Yeah, she went on this like high horse about how we shouldn't shame a woman and like how terrible that is. I don't watch after Son, so this is just the clips, so don't come at me. But I'm like, it's not that we're shaming Melanie at all. It's we are trying to empower her to see her worth.
Speaker 2: Like totally we.
Speaker 1: Know that this guy is gonna end up screwing in the end. Like if if Melanie and since here make it to the reunion, I will eat my words and I will stand on it and I will say I was wrong. But this guy is going to hurt her. So we're trying to empower her to realize that, like she's so much better than this and like to get out of her own head and like wake up and smell the roses.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing she could have just been, Like this is the only way I'm going to the finale if there's any chance is if I stay in this couple and I want to see I want to want a hundred thou like it could have been that she could have had that mindset of being like, I don't want to leave, and if I leave, then if.
Speaker 1: She's that, if she's like that, then she's not the Melanie I thought she was. If I'm being honest, if that's what her mindset was, she's not the Melanie I thought she was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the whole thing I mean, and we watch her mom basically say why would you give him so many chances when someone's waiting for their first bars were drawn.
Speaker 1: And the sister begging her to leave. I'm like, and she's like, I'm just gonna follow my heart. I'm like, oh my god, there's the thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe it will take me in the real world, out of the bubble and him having a phone for her to realize and she'll be like, hey, y'all were right, but I had to do what I had to do. Yeah, and I wish them the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I guess we're talking about the Love Island finale, So let's take a break. Let's get into the Love Island finale and then.
Speaker 2: Talk about the prize money.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, me too. But I did a chat YOUBT this morning. I am appalled.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: Wait, and then before that, I want deep teas a second thing, because there was two Facebook questions about the wedding that we didn't ask you last week, and they're so good that I'm like, I just need to ask them.
Speaker 2: Okay, get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just get it off my chest.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll be right back. We're back, We're back. Okay, So Love you did it? What was your deep research on?
Speaker 1: So Love Island USA?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert If you have not watched the finale, you might want to just scroll along because we will discuss who won. Yeah, Bryce and Trinity, Yeah, Brinityrinity. They won the one hundred thousand dollars. No one surprised, No one surprised. In fact, I'm happy to have this season wrapped up and out of my way. To be honest, it was a it was a.
Speaker 2: There was trying moments to get through.
Speaker 1: Yes, as a as a Love Island loyalist, this season was a disaster. However, However, the one hundred thousand dollars. So every season of Love Island they have won USA, they win one hundred thousand. Yes, I guarantee you that the spike they had in view now that this show is like the number one streaming show the summer starting season six is when it really like popped off season six, season seven and now this season, they couldn't like double the prize money at least or give them each one hundred thousand each one hundred thousand, or like, because think about it, if they're splitting one hundred thousand, that's fifty thousand each. After taxes, that's thirty thousand dollars each.
Speaker 2: I mean the music budget alone, they could they could eliminate five songs and at a second paycheck.
Speaker 1: This is the biggest show on the planet right now, and they're not increasing the prize money. I was befuddled.
Speaker 2: Haley was like last night, she goes, why is there money at the end? Like why your point?
Speaker 1: I honestly agree, I'm like they should. It's about finding love. The money makes it like weird.
Speaker 2: Actually, she goes, it's hard for me to buy any of this because there's a eyes at the end that they're going for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now okay, now I'm gonna stand on this. There should be no money one, she says.
Speaker 2: Either raised either add more to the bucket or eliminated.
Speaker 1: Survivor even gets a million for the winner. It's survivors getting a mill.
Speaker 2: I think what you have to put your body through, in mind through and survivor is way more significant than love. They're in like a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting their emotions toyed around and tossed around by these bruhs, mentally challenging. If I do say so myself, Now I want survivor. They'll give you them like scarfs and stuff, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, the abundance of riches.
Speaker 1: Like the old seasons, survivor like people were. They didn't have clothes like they were wearing the buffs of T shirts. They were all like dirted up. They had like bug bites all over them. Now they're like in like blazers and luxury chilies.
Speaker 2: They get a chili.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not surviving like they used to. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your take is they either add more they have enough money to add to increase the prize at the end, yes, or we just eliminate the money.
Speaker 1: No money, no money. I'm back. I'm honestly no money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't get the is that the UK too? They had money, but the way that.
Speaker 1: They used to do it is like one person would get the one hundred thousand, the other person would get nothing, and then the person that got one hundred thousand would decide if they want to like share.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would happen. I don't even he would win and then not all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't even do that this year.
Speaker 2: Oh they I haven't seen in season where they did that.
Speaker 1: Uh where somebody kept it?
Speaker 2: Did they do that with a Maya?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so, and they split it?
Speaker 2: That was a damn I think.
Speaker 1: UK there's been a couple of seasons where uh, they's just elite. I'm sorry, it's just downright okay.
Speaker 2: So you were you rooting for Trinity and Bryce.
Speaker 1: I guess like you're cute whatever.
Speaker 2: If the cheats no or not, or if someone does something dirty in that relationship me to be really disappointed.
Speaker 1: The only thing I could think of, and it's so annoying. I hate that Kenzie said this, but in the first.
Speaker 2: The turtle tongue, the turtle they kiss, I think of it.
Speaker 1: It's the only thing I can think of with Bryce now is that he has this like turtle tongue and he's like this like weird kisser, and I'm like, Trinity is better than that, but he's yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Very respect seems very respectful towards women.
Speaker 1: Like you love Bryce, I agree.
Speaker 2: And his mom when his grandma said turtle tongue and he didn't know what she was talking about, I was like, no, so sad, and he was like, turtle tongue.
Speaker 3: But most of the visits, no, the mom, the grandma yells up because Kensey goes, we love Bryce, and the grandma goes, even with this turntle tongue, and then Bryce is going, turtle tongue.
Speaker 2: What is that? I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a hard pill to swallow when he comes out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, he'll be okay. Anaya and Carl came in second, which I felt like they were really trying to force this illness, and I just do not buy their connection.
Speaker 1: I'm so it's like so shitty because I feel like I should appreciate the fact that there was this like warm, lovely gentleman who like cried for Anaya and was like it's okay, Anaya, but I'm like, there's something that I just don't believe it.
Speaker 2: It's too perfect.
Speaker 1: It's too perfect.
Speaker 2: He's so handsome, he's so intelligent, he's so well spoken, he's so kind.
Speaker 1: I'm like, is this and I just feel like men have such egos. You're telling me that she didn't pick him, and then he just comes back to the villain. He's like, yes, Anaya, I'm coming back to you, girl.
Speaker 2: I have no issue with them. I just didn't buy the like maybe it was too juice, but like she wanted Casey and then Carl came back, she had no other choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it felt forced, But honestly, who else would win second? Molinie and Sincere No Kada and Zach.
Speaker 2: No, No, I didn't. I don't personally like I'm not obsessed with Kada and Zach, but they were consistantly together the whole time.
Speaker 1: That guy is such a little weasel. I agree, I cannot, No, I agree, cannot I.
Speaker 2: Agree, But I'm just saying I I think in terms of what the show and the premise is, they would have been second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, because his connection and costin more got sent home had she not been sent home. I think it would have been a very different outcome if I mean so, I think he was obsessed with her. They were like they what stupid, what's the thing they watched Spider Man or something. She's like, yeah, I just watched all this Marvel Marvel movies they have cats and like it was like he was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think he would have when the decision came down to it, he would have come back to Cada.
Speaker 1: You do I do.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. But either way, I'm I also find him to be a weasel. I'm just saying in terms of what the concept is of the show, I felt like they're really trying to be like Carlon and I are made for each other in this week and a happy I'm happy the.
Speaker 1: Way that it shook out for a second, third and fourth.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would have put Melanie in sincere.
Speaker 1: Fourth, like that's our top four? Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's a wrap.
Speaker 1: On this season. August thirty first, you think I'm in a care or want to know what's going on with these people? In August thirty first, talk to me about that decision.
Speaker 2: I was gagging during the food Challenge.
Speaker 1: They did and then fast forwarded through it.
Speaker 2: But then I was I have not laughed so hard watching a show like that when they did the slip and slide.
Speaker 1: Run missed it?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Tanya.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough. It's you know, I am a tough critic. And when you lose me, you lose me. Yes, you know who hasn't lost me? Love Island UK?
Speaker 2: Where we are.
Speaker 1: The hell in on Love Island?
Speaker 2: Are we on?
Speaker 1: Two new bombshells just entered yesterday? After Cass some more? Who to thunk?
Speaker 2: I know? I need Love Island the USA to really.
Speaker 1: Step it up next season? That call me? Do you think it's I'd love to be behind the scenes on that show?
Speaker 2: What do you think it is that there that there weren't more bombshells this season? Is it that people aren't trying to be on the show? It feels like so many people are trying.
Speaker 1: There's so many people trying. I know a girl that was the audition to be on this show, and she's so cute and she would have been so like she would have been a star. Silly casting directors who you don't know her?
Speaker 2: Oh, a star?
Speaker 1: She would have been a star.
Speaker 2: I wish we had a scrubber that would go on, we need a scrubber side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think i'd be great in the behind the scenes, like producing that show. Not to toot my own.
Speaker 2: Horn, don't you would it? You would not like manipulating people.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would love casting people. Yeah, I would love like sending in people who were like, like, you know how they said, like Kenzie was talking about how she loves like a cowboy and then they sent in Caleb. I love that stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh a casting like Piggy. Yeah, it's a fun job. Yeah, it feels like a fun job. Have you speaking of producers, have you seen the producer from the Bachelor who wrote the book about, yes, her relationship with pilot Pete.
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: I would be remiss to say that I have been following in great detail, but you have. I have not.
Speaker 2: Oh what have you seen about it.
Speaker 1: That she wrote a book about their like love affair? Yeah? I guess they had like a thing after the season wrapped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you seem to know more than you're leading on.
Speaker 1: Oh, but that's all I know. But what's the whole scrifuffle? He can't talk because he's under NDA or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think he can talk. I think he I think he asked her not to release It was just like, you know, this is this is like a thing we went through, and you know, I don't know that I need you to put all the details out there about our I guess I saw a thing that they slept together twice or hooked up twice after the show was done, though.
Speaker 1: I know, didn't he pick somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you remember it was like he wanted Maddie and then Maddie left and so he chose Hannah Ann and then they broke up and he ended up with Kelly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. There was a lot going all the pilot, Pete.
Speaker 2: But so then watch where.
Speaker 1: Your pickle's going before you like get on somebody else's case about sharing her side of the story, like get out of here.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, It's that all actions have consequences, and everyone, unfortunately, whether it is making you look good or not, everyone has the right to tell their side of the story. But I think it is important to remember that, like with every story, there's two sides, two sides.
Speaker 1: And then then there's a third.
Speaker 2: Then there's the third.
Speaker 1: But I'm just curious, like, why now, why is she like doing this now?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: What year was that? Like it feels a long time ago.
Speaker 2: It was before COVID twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like, why is she doing this now?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. Women, share your story, but yeah, it just feels like odd timing. You know, I haven't heard pilot pizza name in a minute.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I guess to get uh to write a book and to get the oh yeah, I publishing and all the things, as you know, it takes some time, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three years all in, yeah, which would take us a twenty Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just I was like, you know, like three years ago, but that's been Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was under NDA too.
Speaker 2: As a as a producer. If you've watched one Real, I think there's a lot of truth to that show in terms of like what goes on behind us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe she had an NDA, which is why now she can come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe did you see that Kristen Cavalari said her friend's fly her kids coach while she's in first Yes, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 1: I was I just could never I just don't think I could ever do that. But good on her for like teaching. I feel like she's trying to teach her kids like.
Speaker 2: She's trying to teach some financial responsibility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she doesn't want things just to come easy, like work for it. But I just couldn't imagine sitting in first class with the rest of my family, like sitting and coach. I would just sit and coach with them.
Speaker 2: Her quote, her quote is it's good for them, she said, adding that the little things like that as a parent make ultimately, I think a big difference in the long run. My kids don't just get whatever they want, and if they want something, they have to work for it, she said. Last summer, one started a window washing business and the other washed garbage canstone their money. No, that's not going to get your first class season.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no. And that's what I'm saying, Like I understand her not putting all of them in first with her, Like I do get that, right, that seems I never sat first class until I was an adult, But to sit in first of all your kids are in coach is so iconic. I just don't think I could ever do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I don't. I don't know. I don't know how if I would be able to do it either, but I kind of love it. I like they're safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another thing would be I don't know how they're not.
Speaker 1: They're totally fine.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was like, I don't know how old they are.
Speaker 1: But no, she's not like checking a three year old in the back of the pla.
Speaker 2: Are they over five? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, they're like don't quote me on this, but I think they're in there, like thirteen, twelve, ten, like in that range.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, she's just sending kids wreaking havoc to the back like y'all can do with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, they're definitely old, old enough to be on their own.
Speaker 2: Michael turned forty this weekend and brit through him a fortieth birthday party. I saw that and it was so funny. They did in the backyard, which is so fun Yeah, it's so I love hibachi food, you do, Oh my gosh, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's such bad diarrhea.
Speaker 2: I bet it's very greasy, yeah, lots of oil, oh, but delicious. Like I caught they did the thing where they tossed the chicken, you know, and you have to catch it.
Speaker 1: I caught mine naturally an athlete.
Speaker 2: You do what you have to do around there. But the first one he threw it went far and I tried to still catch it, and it like solid. The grease of books slid across my cheek. So I was like, that's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was out of the Benny Hannah was like the kids. I think it was like their favorite restaurant for a minute. Yeah, But I came into the picture slightly after that.
Speaker 2: Oh after Benny Hannah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never had to go to Benny Hannah. We did a hibachi for one of their birthdays with like his friends, so we didn't sit at the table because it was just like him and his friends.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tough, it's tough on the intestines.
Speaker 2: Wait what was your other teas that you wanted to ask about?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think we meant to take another break. Okay.
Speaker 1: There were two questions in the Facebook group about the royal wedding that we didn't ask you last week.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna share everything.
Speaker 1: I think you'll share these two.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, ok yeah, they're very general, vague.
Speaker 1: Non invasive, and just have to do with you.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Yeah, Okay, Well we're going to take another break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Great, we're back. Okay. So, uh I saw this in the Facebook group, and uh I will fall on the sword with this one. I was off my game last week with my questions for you, okay, because we were in a little bit of a scuffle, you and I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what y'all don't know is that we were in a tiff.
Speaker 1: We were in a tiff, you know, behind the scenes. You know, it's so funny what I was fuming at you for not telling me. Paulina was fuming at me for not telling her that you were going. I was like, I didn't even know. Yeah, So everyone who was fuming last weekend.
Speaker 2: It was tense, tense times.
Speaker 1: I would like to say thank you so much for the scrubbers that did reach out to me. I thought I was gonna get a lot of hate. I was prepared to get a lot of hate for being for being mad at you about that. People are gonna be like.
Speaker 2: How mad you were based on our podcast.
Speaker 1: No, they did because I had a lot of d MS. I was shook by the d MS of people being like I would be just as hurt and upset like I could hear it in your voice.
Speaker 2: They don't know, though, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, because I want to take accountability that I was not on my game last week. So I saw these two questions in the Facebook group that I thought were really interesting that we didn't ask you. The first one was did you cry at the wedding? M you did, like lots of tears. No, no, but did you want my wedding or tailors your weddy? Okay, okay, okay, just had to make that clear. And then the second question was did you get any inspo from their wedding that you want to do at your wedding? Yes, the vibes like you want it to be as fun.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be fun. Yeah, I loved the vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Any other inspo colors, detail, yeah, like any of the traditional wedding ceremony things, bridesmaids, et cetera. I okay, as I would think you would. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you have anything else that you were didn't feel like you asked?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, yeah, there's so much, but I know you can't say anything, so I'm out of my respect for you and your privacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I thought those two were very like, well, it's so funny because I didn't say anything, and then us Weekly writes up back untill Avery, and I'm like, you just you, and then you followed the clickbait and it's like I said.
Speaker 1: Nothing, but my god, but you say anything. They know you're there and it's a story.
Speaker 2: I should have just not even said I was there.
Speaker 1: I know, well, if you would have talked to me about it, I could have helped you come up with a game plan.
Speaker 2: But I friendship shouldn't be tipped for tat.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know. I didn't know that you were going, so I couldn't help you.
Speaker 2: You knew back we did the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, but I didn't want to ask you how you were going to approach it because I was just like, I'm just gonna let her do her thing, do whatever she wants, what she likes to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone was pretty Everyone had strong feelings. Yeah, some strong emotions. Yeah, I stand by what I did. I have I make no apologies or I stand Actually, twelve toes down. I'll stick one of your toes from your dog's being out and put it down. Yeah, because you know what happens one person asks you and then you're either like I have to share it or I have to lie. And I didn't want to put you in that position. So maybe I was thinking about you. No, yeah, I was. No.
Speaker 1: Anyways, you could have said, oh my gosh, I'm freaking out. I've gotten by it to Taylor's wedding. I signed all these nbas. I can't tell you when it is or where it is, Like, oh my god, I'm freaking out that you could have done, but I didn't. She stands twelve toes down on it.
Speaker 2: So but I didn't. Wait, Okay, the documentary, uh trend you know.
Speaker 1: Where I know. I want to do it so bad, but I don't have anything that's like cool about me.
Speaker 2: He's so upset because Rihanna's I Know so good and I'm like, that's the best one I've seen that represents me. And if you didn't see it, it said me sitting down for Netflix.
Speaker 1: Talk about it was I say down for my Netflix documentary on why I'm chronically late or something like that, and it was just an empty.
Speaker 2: Chachair's late, which is so funny. It's so funny, but yours you don't know what yours of me?
Speaker 1: I don't I've been wanting to do this trend for like a week, and now I feel like a boomer if I do it because it's like late and has that ever stopped to you? Because I can't think of anything.
Speaker 2: You should say when people when the Netflix documentary comes out about people taking their shoes off on airplanes.
Speaker 1: I don't take my shoes off in the airplanes.
Speaker 2: But you have strong opinions on people who yeah, but is it like is that really it?
Speaker 1: Like that's not me? Like the being late is like so you right right? You know what I mean? Like, you know it's hard.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we could come up with something. You have all.
Speaker 1: I've thought about it for a week. I thought about it for a week.
Speaker 2: When you should say when a Netflix documentary comes out about doing trends three weeks late. There you go, that's actually a good one. Write it down.
Speaker 1: I'll film it when we leave.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that's all for now.
Speaker 1: That's all we got, But do not fret, our pets. We will be back on Thursday for a dear bonya.
Speaker 2: Yeah we will. We'll be back, And don't you worry because you'll only have a couple of days without us.
Speaker 1: It's really sad. Actually, well, we have.
Speaker 2: Like eight years worth of podcast you can go listen to if you're missing nine almost nine in September. Yeah, we're almost a decade.
Speaker 1: That's so crazy, Like it's actually crazy. Yeah, I haven't done anything for a decade.
Speaker 2: You know. I was thinking about that because Haley it took her ten years to make the movie, and I was like, I've never done anything for a decade, or I guess I haven't worked towards this podcast for a decade, but I have been doing it for a decade.
Speaker 1: I even work towards it.
Speaker 2: Like she was trying to get something done every.
Speaker 1: Week of your life for the past nine years. Okay in person, met I, let I say also, let that not go unbeknounced.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of word filler words being thrown up.
Speaker 1: That's another thing I had an issue with with After Sun on Saturday Night was Sierra was like on zoom on a TV screen and I'm like, if you're not gonna have a host that can be present for six weeks of your show, find someone else where.
Speaker 2: Was she have an emergency or something?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think she was filmed.
Speaker 1: No, I think she was filming something else, summer else, yeah or something like that. Oh, oh, it just bothers me. I don't like the phone of things.
Speaker 2: Well, I do feel like they had most COVID times well after Sun seasons they did. I think I think more people watch than ever. I never watched, but I heard a lot of people for the first time actually watch because of them. So congrats to Tuffy and Sierra.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just I don't know. It just takes me back to COVID times and I'm just like, we're here, we're back, we're present, we're in person, Like, let's all show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, and we do.
Speaker 1: I did hear the after someone was better this season because they like showed you. They showed the islanders, like getting their phones back and like watching all that kind of like how they come off the island.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Again, I too didn't watch because I do enjoy the breathers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twice a week.
Speaker 1: But I did hear it was better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard that, like significantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure they'll be back next year.
Speaker 1: I hope they're back for the full time.
Speaker 2: She was back. She just did it in a way you didn't like it. Early one you have a very strong stance on it, But I don't know. I think everyone prefers an in person dialogue and connection, so I don't think that's unusual. But your passion, passionate hatred towards zoom or technology whatever.
Speaker 1: Zoom interviews. I get in so many fights with our producers of this podcast because I'm just like, I find zoom interviews to not be great. Like I think our listeners would rather us just chit chat than do a zoom interview, or if they can come in, we can wait however long until they're in LA and we can make it happen. I just feel like in person is just so much better.
Speaker 2: Well, I think if you're able, like if we were able to get I don't even I take demp. But I'm saying someone that's relevant into a specific time. So let's say someone from Love Island that you were so excited about, and they Love Island UK. They can only zoom, but you really wanted to talk to them, and it's only really real they're only relevant in a specific time. You know you'd want to get them own zoom, Yes you would.
Speaker 1: You could rather just talk to you about Love Island UK honestly.
Speaker 2: Then be able to ask questions to someone who's on it zoom.
Speaker 1: I just find zoom interviews to be so choppy and like awkward, And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think things have gotten better since.
Speaker 1: Show Me, Show Me.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll continue to just be us chit chatting in this beautiful studio we're in and when Easton and Mark are here, the four of us, don't you fret?
Speaker 1: I don't think they'll be back on Thursday. Just a hunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a hunch it'll just be on Thursday, So stay tuned for a deer Bonia. Maybe we'll do the guesso game if we can figure that out with these two brain cells.
Speaker 1: Already figured it out right year as you read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right by you, bye ye