Speaker 1: Something deep, something that will say the all toys always feels like a goodbye to.
Speaker 2: Me, Happy New Year, tribe, Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 3: I'm Mela and I'm Erica, and it is twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: It's twenty twenty four. It's a new day, it's a new year. Maybe it's a new you. Maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: Maybe you feel the same as you felt yesterday, because bitch, it really is just another motherfuckerery.
Speaker 3: It's an m improved you.
Speaker 2: I like to look into yours as just a reset, a reminder. A lot of times, you put so much pressure on ourselves to like become these new people overnight, to have these big goals set up, and that kind of takes the fun out of the journey.
Speaker 4: And as you know, this is.
Speaker 2: Season two of Good Mom's Bad Choices, which is kind of a funny idea because you know, we've been if you've been rocking with us since the beginning, we've been podcasting for almost six years, every single week, and so this year we are moving with more ease and we're moving into season So this is season.
Speaker 3: Two, episode one, episode one, even though season one was three hundred episodes, this one will not be.
Speaker 4: And you know, we open up our year with the Meditation.
Speaker 2: It's sometimes led by us, sometimes led by someone else, but we've had quite the twenty twenty three and I felt like it was really appropriate for us to enter into this space with y'all and this intimate, beautiful backdrop oasis. If you're listening to this podcast, make sure you go check us out on YouTube. We're actually out of the studio, which we're going to be doing a lot more of this season.
Speaker 4: And you know, if.
Speaker 2: You're the meditation you want to like set the scene, then definitely check us out on YouTube and and tap into the environment that we're in right now.
Speaker 4: I want to start off by saving you.
Speaker 3: Guys, saved the people, my love sage.
Speaker 5: I just want to.
Speaker 3: Say, I think for twenty twenty four, I know, like everyone's always like new Year and new me, and there's all this pressure to perform as soon as like this twenty four hour markets and you know, that's good to have change and to have goals, but I think ultimately, I think sometimes it kind of it fucks people up because you're like, damn, I didn't do this, I didn't do that. I'm not doing it perfectly. I'm not working out, and I think a lot of times that gets us further away from our goal. And so this meditation is really based in the journey. It's based in compassion for yourself and love for yourself, so that even during this journey, we don't forget that we too are human and we are flawed, and this journey is flawed and it's going to be up and down, and that's what we can't expect. So I just want to remind everyone in the beginning of the year, be peaceful, be easy on yourself, like you would your kid or your friend.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And I'm just going to bring you in. Come a little closer. I'm closer, and come, come, come. Can you smell the sage.
Speaker 2: I just love the smell of sage. It's just a reset. It really engages your senses and invites you to really just ground down and calm down and say, all right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Let that shit go.
Speaker 2: But let yesterday's hangover go, whatever you did last night or this weekend. I'm gonna let that energy that's stagnant energy release.
Speaker 3: And as you release and you take some deep breaths in, take a deep breath, inhale, and let's just indulge me in some Mela moans. I think a lot of us we feel judged if we're not saying English words, and so we reserve that for the bedroom. But just take some inhales and exhale with sound so it can just relax your nervous system and let your body know you're safe and kind of tap into the pleasure that is in your environment all around you and your body.
Speaker 2: And if you have a joint nearby, like I do, you can also inhale and inhale your weed, and it also can be part of your meditation.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: I know there's like I feel like in this space of meditation and all these different modalities sometimes there's like this like like elitism in it and it feels like, oh, like I can't like oh I don't know how to meditate like I can only every time I meditate it fall asleep, or I could never lead a meditation or like you smoke and meditate, like whatever you need to.
Speaker 4: Do, bitch to ground the fuck down, do that shit.
Speaker 3: There's no right or wround, right or wrong, good or bad. It is all up to you. You are the jury and the judge of your home case. You make the rules. So remember that when you're observing other people observing yourself, there is no good or bad. It's just you and what you feel is your your scale. So, however way you want to meditate, I like to meditate with my eyes open and a soft gaze to kind of bring in the inside outside so I won't fall asleep, because bitches be falling asleep. If you need a little weed, if you need a little wine, whatever it is that you need it, just make sure that you are at a ten spot in your pleasure. What do you need right now to bring your pleasure to a ten ten out of ten? You need a blanket? Do you need some aromatherapy? Do you need some water to your.
Speaker 2: Jacket, Light a candle, put some tunes on the backdrop of our voice. You want to lay down, sit up, Just take a second.
Speaker 4: To just be still.
Speaker 2: Listen to your environment, Listen to the sounds in your car, if that's where you're at, your apartment, your house office.
Speaker 3: Just take a second, even if you are in the bathroom hiding from your kids. I like to take ten breaths to clear my palate, clear my thoughts, the goal is no matter what comes up, just allow the thoughts to pass. Don't judge them, just observe them. If you find yourself going off track, that's fine. Just gently bring your attention back to the meditation and start. If you've lost count of what breath you're on, start from one. The problem is we don't give ourselves time to be imperfect space to mess up and then just simply try again.
Speaker 2: And we're going to take a few more deep breaths and I'm going to play my bull which this is my root chakra bowl. It's going to help us ground into the space before we really get into the meditation. So let's take one deep breath together, and.
Speaker 3: Then we're gonna start getting into our meditation in tantra uh Tantra's literally main weaving light and form with sound, which is simply visualizations your voice and intention. And so we're gonna start with a three point a three part visualizing white light inhaling through your nose, just visualizing beautiful white light filling your lungs and then hold at the top visualize red light flashing throughout your entire body and then x hill out your nose blue light inhale white light, visualizing it, hold at the top, flashing beautiful red light, ex hill blue light. One more time, we're going to inhale beautiful white light, hold at the top, visualize flashing red light through all of our energy body, and then exhale blue light. And now we're going to add some mantras with it and sounds. Inhale white light, think ohm, hold at the top flashing red light, think ah, and then exhale blue light thinking hung Hu and g through that two more times inhaling white light, OM, hold flashing red light AH, exhale blue light hung om ah Hung, And they're going to add one more layer, one more mantra. We're gonna visualize white light inhaling through our nose, thinking ome, and we're going to add positive thought and then we're gonna hold at the top flashing red light AH, thinking positive speech. And then we're going to exhale blue light hung thinking positive action. Last time inhaling white light OM positive thought, hold red light ah positive speech, exhale blue light positive action. And now we're going to invite you to close your eyes and join us in a visualization to guide you through this next year. Throughout it. Just if your mind wanders.
Speaker 5: It's okay.
Speaker 3: Just gently bring it back.
Speaker 2: Just take some deep breaths, settle into your space, and let's begin. As you ground down into your seat, just imagine what it feels like to have a body, to be a soul in a body, the way your toes feel sensation your leg release any tension in your hips. As you travel up your spine to your shoulders, take note of where you have any pain, any discomfort, And as you travel up to your head, your crown, pay attention to any sensations in your forehead, your jaw, is it loose, is it tight?
Speaker 6: Relax your tongue. Take a deep breath in and out.
Speaker 2: As we reflect on our twenty twenty four and think back to twenty twenty three, I want to invite us to remember to give ourselves space. We may have not hit every single goal because we are high achievers.
Speaker 4: And that's okay.
Speaker 2: And releasing the expectation to perform or be perfect. In twenty twenty four, I want to invite you to just choose peace, choose peace and ease.
Speaker 3: I'd like to invite you to just take a moment and reflect on this last year, all that you've accomplished, all that you've done, how far you've come.
Speaker 5: Take a moment.
Speaker 3: To just sit in gratitude for existing and making it. Take a moment to thank yourself, to forgive yourself. Think of this body as a vehicle, care for it like a brand new top notch, a luxury vehicle.
Speaker 2: When you think of your body as a vehicle and the journey of your life in this vehicle, it allows you to really put in perspective how well you treat the vehicle that you're in and what's inside, and creating the best conditions so that you can move smoothly through your destination, even though you are going to encounter twists and wines, and you go through different seasons and terrain may change along the way, but the one constant on that journey is you. You get to shift the energy. You get to have control over how you decide to react, to maneuver, to accept, to not accept whatever comes towards you. In twenty twenty four, we're not putting energy towards anything that does not support our highest activation of self, where we feel the most nourished, where we feel the most enriched, where we can really thrive, where we really can take that journey where we really can take the road less traveled.
Speaker 6: That's the energy that.
Speaker 3: We're in fighting and remind wanders that's okay. Just gently bring it back to the current moment, without judging your thoughts.
Speaker 7: Just ground down and breathe.
Speaker 2: And take another deep, long breath through your nose, hold of the hop.
Speaker 5: And release.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do that two more times in Hall at the top, hold.
Speaker 6: And release.
Speaker 5: Last one in hell, hold, keep holding a little bit longer, a little bit longer and release.
Speaker 2: So when you reflect on the vehicle that's carrying you through this journey back to yourself, which is kind of the evolution of just humankind, it's like this never ending need and want to expand improvement, to consider, to reflect, and I think the biggest reminder of all of that is that it all starts with you. You have to take care of yourself. You have to be in agreement that while you are here on earth, your only real mission is to take care of yourself in all ways, in your joy, in your health and your body, in your relationships, in your experience, in your environments. And in twenty twenty four, we are walking in with abundance, We're walking.
Speaker 6: In with health.
Speaker 2: At the forefront of our journey into this next year, realizing that health is a privilege.
Speaker 5: To be able to be healthy is a privilege.
Speaker 2: To be able to even have the capacity and the time to consider your health is a privilege, and it's one that we all need to take advantage of while we're here.
Speaker 3: Let this be a reminder that this year is all about self devotion, to your inner voice, to your highest good, and to all paths back to you, shameless, unwavering self love. That is what this year is about. Don't feel like you're over indulgent. This year is a year of following your pleasure, figuring out what that is, and doing everything in your power to live in your highest pleasure because you deserve it, you're worthy of it, and this.
Speaker 6: Is your year.
Speaker 3: So when you're ready, bring your attention back to the room and remember you are that bitch.
Speaker 2: Omens and anything other than anything else you believe in.
Speaker 6: Wow that felt great. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well, thank you for joining us on this New Year's meditation. We hope that this is a beautiful reminder that all paths lead to you, and you decide what that journey feels like, what that journey looks like, and how easeful you want to make that journey so.
Speaker 4: And how fun you want to make it, and how freaky you want to make it like you kind of get to decide all that shit.
Speaker 2: And so I hope that also this this meditation reminds you to play, like, just have fun twenty twenty four. Like it's been a heavy few years, right, and it's.
Speaker 4: Been a lot of good.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of other shit too, And I think what we've all come to understand is that we can't take this, this life for granted, we can't take this piece for granted, we can't take the privilege of life for granted.
Speaker 4: So just have fun and.
Speaker 7: We will.
Speaker 3: You make the rules. Happy New Year, Happy New Year, goes my Naja.
Speaker 4: Soor diver.
Speaker 5: Healing but sadly mus lean into me. I'm going on last my time.
Speaker 6: Well,