Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. I'm Paul Sweeney alongside David Gerr and we're joined by Bloomberg's Lisa Matteo. Stocks on the Move? What you got for us? All right, we gotta go bank earnings, right, so I'm going to touch upon each of these. We only have a certain amount of time for this, Okay, JP, Morgan Chase or Tiger JPM, so they had to pick up right. Deal making underwriting crushed estimates for the third quarter trading investment banking fees. The firm says it was the busiest quarter for IPOs since twenty twenty one, which was really interesting. But here's the thing. The shares are lower. Jamie Diamond had this cautious tony when he's talking about the economy. He's saying, there continues to be this heightened degree of uncertainty coming from a few things, right, like complex geopolitical conditions, tariffs, trade uncertainty, the risk of sticky inflation. Now because of that the bank set aside eight hundred and ten million dollars for potentially soured loans, and that was more than analysts expected. So that's a big part of why those shares are lower this morning. Well, also here I'm just letting pointing out, nobody cares. That's it.
Speaker 2: I worked at JP's back in the day.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, there you go among among mental he's way to chime in. Okay, good good. Goldman Sachs ticker GS record third quarter revenue resurgence and dealmaking.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It pushed its investment banking hall past expectations. Here's the number. So they posted two point sixty six billion investment banking fees that top testimates. As a whole, it reported revenue of fifteen point eight one eight billion. That was the largest haul for that quarter in its history, its third highest overall for all quarters. In other news, and you had mentioned this, Paul David Solomon saying that role of AI driving down costs. So yeah, Goldman reported fourteen percent jumping employee compensation. City Group. Yes, yes, there you go, tick or C beat Wall Street revenue estimates. This was across all five of its major business lines. You had total revenue jump nine percent its markets, banking services, Wealth, the US retail divisions. They all set records for the third quarter. Traders and equities, fixed income products. They pushed pass forecasts. They pulled in a total of five point six billion dollars, or fifteen percent more than the year earlier. Expenses climbed about nine percent, and then the firm also pointed to higher spending on conversation and also on benefits too. Wells Fargo, Yes, Wells Bargo got its original broker dealer license in the nineties from my firm week first securities in Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 2: That was original. Wow, that's when they could start trading securities way back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh look at that. Okay, take your WFC. So they raise their key profitability metric made the first major update about the bank's next growth target, the removal of those regular tory restraints. But this is all coming as a firm reported net interest income slightly missed analysts estimates. And why not end after all that banking stuff? Okay, well, end with Domino's pizza a little reward reward, Yes, yes, reported earnings today. They were amongst them ticker DPZ better than expected quarterly results or shares of en up as much as seven percent. Two things that they said were due to it best deal ever, promotion that was the one thing, and their stuff.
Speaker 2: Cruss Pizza, the stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.