Speaker 1: Second date up date. If you've been off the dating apps for a while and decide to get back into it and start meeting new people, It's all about the frequency of how much you get on. You got to shake the rust off before you can find your groove again. So how many times are you going out to get yourself back into peak four?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I say, okay, once a week. You're going on a date once an hour?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yes, I thought it at.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners, Daniel recently jumped back into the dating game. And Daniel, give us a timeline on this before this date, when's the last time you went out with somebody?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Hey guys, so funny story. I thought it was just a few months, but after I went on the date, I realized it's been over a year.
Speaker 4: Wait, you haven't gone on a date in over a year and you didn't even remember that.
Speaker 3: No, it's just been so long. Life got in a way.
Speaker 1: Every time I count too, I'm like, oh my gosh, it really has been that long. Maybe the p that your dated just weren't that memorable. That's also true, but apparently this new one did stick out in your mind. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so her name's Meghan.
Speaker 4: Okay, then you're active on the dating site still, you meant even though you haven't had a date in so long.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I just now started being active on the dating site, and this was the first one that we were able to actually make a date out of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, good job, back in the saddle, I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So tell us more about Megan and what you guys did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, anyway, we thought it would be cute and funny, you know, with all the stuff online to Joe try cheesecake factory.
Speaker 1: Oh so good. Yeah, it has been a while since you've been on a date.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's fun.
Speaker 2: Cheesecake Factory is great.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves it.
Speaker 4: And it's like kind of a joke right now on TikTok and stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know, seriously, like in the time that they were giving us all this bread in the beginning and we're reading this book and figuring out out we were able to bond and that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, what's the problem.
Speaker 3: So here's the deal. So Megan is amazing. We really hit it off. We were able to bond about sports and football. Even Taylor Swift believe it or not. And the conversation went so well that at one point we had a moment and she asked me, now, Meghan has dropped that beautiful. I mean, she's gorgeous, but she's taller.
Speaker 4: She's tall, taller than you with.
Speaker 3: Her boots on, yes, okay, bring five inch boots.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sorry, and I think we missed it. How tall is she?
Speaker 3: Five eleven without her boots?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, without the boots, okay, with the boots on over six Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of girlfriends that are that height, five eleven, six foot yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And she just looked at me, just innocently and said, does it bother you that I'm tall? And look, as I said, I've been out of the game.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 3: And all I could do is I looked at her and I said, I don't mind a lengthy lady.
Speaker 5: What lady?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: A lengthy lady.
Speaker 4: Lengthy lady. Okay, lady, I don't mind either.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a romantic thing to say, Alexis, if a guy said that to.
Speaker 5: You, it's not great, but it's not terrible.
Speaker 1: Statue of liberty.
Speaker 4: My girlfriends that are tall, like they have heard everything under the moon about how long they are, how tall they are? Do you play basketball? What a waste if you don't.
Speaker 1: You know, I got a joke about with girls with guys as funny. Yeah, well, mixed reactions from the room on that response. But what was Megan's reaction when you said that.
Speaker 3: Was she looked at me and she didn't understand. And I tried to you know, I've been out of the game for so long that I just said to her, I'm so sorry and meant I love me some lengthy lady.
Speaker 1: So you double, but just change the grammar to something a little more proper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was so tongue tied. And remember we're in cheesecake factory. We're only at like the salon at this point. And the rest of the date. I tried to recover. I tried to bring it back, but by the time we were done, I basically we just hugged, no kiss, And I know I did something wrong, but there was such a chemistry there.
Speaker 4: What I was just gonna ask, do you know if she has a height requirement? Because maybe her asking if you have a problem was actually her telling you she has an issue.
Speaker 1: Some girls are like five ft zero and the overseas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, without the boots, I would be taller than her. But she chose to wear five inches boots. How many men out there are six fives?
Speaker 2: Pick and choose?
Speaker 4: When you didn't say that, right?
Speaker 1: No five cheesecake factory. Yeah, I mean walked walked in with some stilts for dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, stop it. Tall women are absolutely gorgeous and tall heels.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't say they weren't gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, stilts. Stilts does not come to a beautiful like image.
Speaker 1: It's a big presence walking in for that big date.
Speaker 4: Now, and you don't compliment a tall woman that way.
Speaker 1: What's the right way to say? Don't talk about any women saying beautiful up there? Say you're a lengthy lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe all along this entire time, this is why tall women want tall men. Yeah, okay, you say so, you know some of the word fumbling aside. Did you feel like the connection was going pretty well between you two?
Speaker 3: Again? The connection was amazing. Again. I've matched up with multiple women, but I kind of really like Megan, and I want to know if there's a possibility for another date. I mean, did I ruin it or probably.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't mean we can't recover for you.
Speaker 5: If it's something small, if it's just the hiking, gotta be fine.
Speaker 1: The fact that she's not answering because I don't know you've been texting her, is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, texting some social media and just no answer.
Speaker 4: Okay, quite a few things, you know.
Speaker 1: That's that's a bad sign.
Speaker 4: How did you guys leave things at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: We just hugged and said we'll contact each other.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that's always it.
Speaker 1: Did you climb up on a chair to hug her or did you just do She is not that tall, but the boot song, God.
Speaker 3: No, this situation. My head was in the right place when I hugged there, So okay, he wassled, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back. We'll give Megan a call. We're gonna try and get you a second date. Update Right after this, all right, thank you? Second date update. I was thinking more about it and taking someone on a first date to the cheesecake factory got kind of a lukewarm reaction in here, at least when we first heard about it.
Speaker 4: I think it was you that was kind of judging about it, you know. Yeah, you're mister Luke, right, But.
Speaker 1: Look, I thought about it, and there's definitely some positives. Okay, come over to our side. The menus are like a book, so you're already proving that you can read. There's number one, number two point. Your date automatically is going to last longer because of all the indecision.
Speaker 6: Choosing a food item as you flip to volume sixteen, yes, oh my god, and then number three cheesecake, bunch of cheesecake.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, though, by the time you get to the end of that meal, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, by the way, shout out to the Adam's peanut butter cup cheesecake. You're lucky to make it home after that. But the main issue that Daniel thinks was during the conversation his date, Megan asked, are you okay being with a taller woman? And his response was I love me a lengthy lady, which technically is a compliment throughout, Like, yeah, we don't know if she took it that way because she's not calling back, so maybe it's not looking very.
Speaker 4: Next time to say, oh my god, you are absolutely stunning.
Speaker 1: Of course, Yeah. The best thing you can do is just be as vague as possible when you're complimenting a woman on her books. Yeah right, Daniel, we've learned a lot.
Speaker 3: We definitely have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, And no matter what happens, at least we've learned something already.
Speaker 1: The whole point was that he's trying to shake off the rust. It's been a while since he's been in the dating game, so now he wants to get fully back into it with Meghan. We're gonna see she's up for that.
Speaker 4: I will say, like glass half full, even if it doesn't work out with Megan in this phone call, this is a good learning experience to get you back in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I need it, I really need it. It's been a.
Speaker 1: While, Okay.
Speaker 2: I love the optimism.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, great, we're in a good place. Let's bring it down by giving her a call.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're looking for Megan.
Speaker 5: This is Meghan.
Speaker 1: Yes, you may. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hey, Megan, we're all here.
Speaker 4: Hi, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay.
Speaker 1: I kind of just like hearing people square them on the other end of the but we're doing something here. It's called a second date update, and we're trying to help reconnect you with one of our listeners that you went out with the other night, a guy named Daniel.
Speaker 5: What if I don't want to be reconnected with Daniel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I think I think he knows that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he told us a little bit about your guys's date, and from his perspective, things went pretty well, he'll admit, not perfect, but.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Back there, What happened, Megan?
Speaker 1: What are we missing? You're agreeing with him it didn't go perfect.
Speaker 5: I honestly, I have no idea what he told you, so I don't really know even I don't even know how to respond at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I could some of the highlights that he gave us cheesecake factory, good conversation broke help me out.
Speaker 4: He said that you asked him a pretty direct question about your high and whether that was cool with him or not.
Speaker 5: I did. I'm a tall girl. I did ask him. You know, if it bothered him that I was tall, that's that's true.
Speaker 4: Did it bother you that he was shorter than you and you were in heels?
Speaker 5: That's not what bothered me?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we're trying to zero in on what did bother you because he has no idea. We're just trying to gi him a little clarity.
Speaker 4: He knows he could hear something that isn't cool, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, let's just say I kind of feel like maybe the writing was on the walls from the beginning. Yeah, because I'm surprised he didn't mention her. It sounds like he didn't mention anyway that we actually also had an extremely tall but very cute waitress.
Speaker 1: I think he was more focused on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would beg to differ. I actually think that he paid more attention to our very tall, beautiful waitress.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let it makes you think that he was into her.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I mean like every time she came by, it was well, what would you recommend? And what's your favorite? Me off? And every time that she would walk by, even if it was to go serve another table, that was like totally across in the other section, you would like, watch her what buy? And I was just like, hello, my eyes are here.
Speaker 4: Like, oh man, that's hard.
Speaker 2: Was he like.
Speaker 1: Waiting to flagger down?
Speaker 2: Maybe for service?
Speaker 5: I have a hard time asking them for help. No, you know, when you know someone caressing someone out and like here's the thing at the end of the day, like I had made this comment about me being like tall and does that bother him? Yes, he did give me kind of a weird response back. He was like, oh, I don't mind a lengthy lady. Yeah, what So then that kind of got my brain kind of tiktoking and thinking, I'm like, maybe he had a thing for like tall women.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's saying he liked your lengthiness, but he saw someone even lengthier than you.
Speaker 5: He's a lengthy lover. I don't know.
Speaker 1: A lengthy lover. Oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 5: Pushing five eleven and a half and I don't even think I was telling not for him.
Speaker 1: Oh enough.
Speaker 4: But that can't be true because he called us to go out.
Speaker 1: With you again.
Speaker 4: I feel like, maybe you're reading into this and don't.
Speaker 1: Just trust us on that. Trust Daniel, who's on the other line right now, listening in on this conversation. He'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Megan.
Speaker 1: Megan, I'm sorry, Megan, this is how the segment works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Meghan, listen, I can't believe you're thinking this. I mean, I used to be a waiter and I was just trying.
Speaker 4: To be nice, But why were you looking at her.
Speaker 3: Well, what I'm supposed to do not look at her. I mean I didn't want to make too much eye contact with you, and I wanted to be cool, and I wanted to show you that, hey, you know, I can talk to other women and be okay.
Speaker 1: And no, you're not allowed to talk to other women or make eye contact with anybody else.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, you paid no attention to the the girl who came and brought us the bread or the water, and she was like this little five foot two, little cutie bituity. You know, you didn't even look at her.
Speaker 3: I didn't make that's because I was a waiter, not a bus boy.
Speaker 5: Or yeah, all people do stand out. I would stare at all people.
Speaker 1: That's true. So, Megan, it would make you feel better if he had checked out all of the women in the bar, that's all of them, then you wouldn't have felt No, she's saying.
Speaker 4: That he's kind of full of it.
Speaker 5: That is exactly, And I kind of want to ask you. You have your settings on your dating app sets to women five eleven and over.
Speaker 1: Be honest here, I mean I I do have it.
Speaker 3: Set for five eleven and over, but that's because.
Speaker 5: That was kind of a joke, and I didn't expect you to say yes.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wa? Why is that bad?
Speaker 4: Women have their dating preferences set all the time for certain heights.
Speaker 1: Why would it be bad for men are allowed to be judgmental men, can't you?
Speaker 5: No matter what most women said it like I do for guys my height or taller, just so I don't end up with a guy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think if you're setting yours, he's allowed to set his. I mean, I just think that that's how it is.
Speaker 3: I told you I love me some lengthy lady.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, So you don't want a man who loves taller than not?
Speaker 5: He's not gonna have the manners to make me feel like I'm the only lengthy lady there.
Speaker 1: It is you want him to the upset me about it?
Speaker 4: I could see like you don't want your day ag the waitress like that? Is that's true for no matter what your height is.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that's something Daniel can agree to do. Is it possibly you can go the rest of your life, Daniel and not look at any other tall women with you?
Speaker 4: No, you, guys, it's just you shouldn't be given eyes at anybody else.
Speaker 1: But that's not what she was worried about. She would have been happy if he gave eyes to the cute little water girl.
Speaker 3: She did it.
Speaker 5: She was he'll know you guys. Honestly, I think the guys are right here. I think it just really bothers me if he's checking out these other women that are super.
Speaker 1: Tough her thing. We can't take that away from your direct competition. I don't even know anymore. All right, just answer, are you going to.
Speaker 4: Go out with them?
Speaker 1: Because Meghan, we would love to send you out on one more date with Daniel.
Speaker 3: Megan, listen, they're gonna pay for another date if you say yes. Here's what I think. We should go to an all male restaurant.
Speaker 1: Are there are things such as all mail.
Speaker 4: Let's just want reservations to show Yeah, I want to date.
Speaker 5: It is weird, you know that's the offer. Let's just go see like Thunder down Under together.
Speaker 3: Suggest we can go to a male strip club.
Speaker 1: Thanks the Brook, We've been banned for most of those, so we don't have to give parts of that. We can just do a normal date.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why they don't want me to come up and dance with them.
Speaker 1: Seriously, though, Meghan, we will offer for one more day. We need an answer.
Speaker 5: Come on, I will give him a one more chance.
Speaker 1: All right, Daniel, were cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're totally cool, but only if she wears those heels, because you know I don't like short women.
Speaker 1: Oh, you got plenty of length to go around. Jeffrey in the morning,