Speaker 1: Well, how do you look at the first three days of KINGAP and are you doing what you want to do at this point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think, uh, you know, obviously there's some corrections to be made and just kind of continue to feel more and more comfortable every single day. But you know, I think it's continuing to challenge myself, uh you know, just studying as much as I can before and after practice. But uh, yeah, I feel like these past three days have been pretty good. Obviously they can be better, but doing everything I can to to put myself in a good position during practice.
Speaker 1: When you go back and watch it, it's all going where it should be. How's your your decision making, your thought process, how you're seeing things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm happy with the decision making. Again, you know, the way that the way that we talk about our reads in the in the QB room, it's very clean. So I feel like I'm I'm happy with the decision making. I feel like a couple of balls could have been better, you know, throughout these these last three days. But yeah, you know, that's just the beginning of camp and continue to you know, iron it out and get better throughout the camp.
Speaker 3: You're you're all going against the second team defense. Steve Wolves was, you know, talking about the depth of that unit yesterday and how good it is.
Speaker 2: Can you can you tell.
Speaker 1: That that you know from the from the pressure or the speed of it, that even the backups are pretty good out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. I think you know the way that just the example that that Fred and dre E sept for for the backers, and then you know, obviously the front no matter whether it's with the ones, the twos, are the threes, the offensive line and the defensive line continue to push each other every single day, and the tempo has been really good. The effort's been really good. You see it on tape, so I know those guys can't wait to get in pads here pretty soon. But yeah, you know, between the ones, the twos and the threes, you know, obviously, you know it's tough sometimes to tell a difference.
Speaker 3: You had a real nice ball to Ray Ray down the sideline. How long does it take you before you feel like you've got a good feel for each one of your receivers and how they like to run their routes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it takes time. I think it's as much as you can. Obviously it's tough with camp and and all the reps and those guys running so much throughout the day during practice, But you know, whether it's a little bit before obviously you know, uh in the locker room talking about routes and then after practice getting as many routes as possible, but also being smart about you know, staying off your feet and for us, keeping keeping the reps limitted with with our arms, keeping arms fresh. So but yeah, I think it's just the continued dialogue that we have with the receivers and getting a feel with them that way.
Speaker 3: It kind of.
Speaker 2: A challenge for you to get used to this rotation and the last two days for the second team and that to get in a rhythm to No, I don't think so, you know, I think you know, you kind of talk about it all the time, like sudden change. You never know when the defense is gonna go out there during a game and and force a turnover, and you know, you just never know when your number is gonna be called. So you know, it's it's it's been good, you know, the way that the reps have been going, and again it's it's about taking advantage of those reps, taking advantage of your opportunity when it when it comes.
Speaker 1: Just kind of touched on that there. But Kyle on Tuesday said that any time that brockets out there on the field, he'll be running with the ones. As a guy who you know fIF five career starts, you know, how do you take that and how do you approach this camp knowing that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, no, Brock, I don't know exactly what it was, but you know, I don't think he lost a game last year, went to the NFC Championship, and who knows what could have happened if you know, you didn't get hurt. So you know, I get it, and uh you know again like I'm just I'm here to to get all the opportunities that I can and and see what my role is for this team.
Speaker 1: You never know when your numbers is gonna be called to know when you're getting reps.
Speaker 2: No, I mean we have a good feeling, you know before practice how the rotation is gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when was the last time you were in like this position.
Speaker 3: As a backup?
Speaker 2: Last year? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, last year. Obviously we made the trade for Baker last year in Carolina, and you know, again. Uh we we battled it out during camp. Obviously he won the job, and you know, just try to like I just said, try to take advantage of everything, you know, every rep that I could, you know, from that point forward, once he got you know, before he got named the starter and after of course of course you.
Speaker 3: Did end playing last year. What would you take from that experience, you know, kind of doing it again, that may help you you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's not really thinking about it too much, to be honest. I think it's you know, just getting in there when you get a chance to play well and just have a good understanding of what's going on the play. That's that's called what the situation is, the down and distance. I mean, there's so many different factors that go into playing quarterback. You don't really you know, you don't have too much time to be thinking about, you know, what reps you're getting or you know, for me, I'm not I'm not counting reps out there. I'm just you know, cliche, but trying to make them count.
Speaker 1: What is it about me here that it makes you feel like this situation can bring out the best in you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think really good team, really good teammates, the coaching is really good, and obviously it's a you know, first class organization.
Speaker 1: Look seems to have it really hands on coaching style.
Speaker 3: Play will happen.
Speaker 1: He will run right up to one of his corner and right What was What was he like as a head coach last year? What was he like that with offensive players as well?
Speaker 2: You know, he would have separate conversations with us, you know, whether it was in between periods or maybe before or after practice, but you know, as a head coach, he was more focused on the entire operation. You know, when he was a defensive coordinator early in the season, he was doing the same stuff you guys see a practice.
Speaker 3: How have you changed person since?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think that's a good question to ask people around me. I don't know. I feel like I've matured and different areas of my game. I feel like my game's gotten better throughout the years. So, you know, I just got to continue to.
Speaker 1: Work and get better.
Speaker 2: In every area that I can see.
Speaker 3: There's high expectations for this team this year. How was that? How does the camp feel different to you than what you experience is prior to coming here?
Speaker 2: You know, I think every team, every team in the NFL is going to compete and compete really hard. I think, you know, just the situation that most of the guys on this team, the leaders on this team have been in being you know here in twenty nineteen, going to the Super Bowl and last year being just short. There's a lot of experience on this team, and you know, they know what it takes to win. And you can see that not only in the way that they practice, but in the way that we all talk about football and what it takes, not only on the field but off the field.
Speaker 1: Three practices all non padded as a quarterback doesn't make you, do you feel something different when the pads go on?
Speaker 2: You hear a difference, you know, feel a difference. You know, uh, you know, obviously there's a little bit of a difference in terms of throwing. You know, got to get used to throwing with pads on a little bit. But you know, you're you're not really getting touched at practice as a quarterback, or hopefully you're not getting touched as a quarterback during practice, So it's not a ton changes. So yeah, not too much here.
Speaker 3: You touched on what Brock accomplished last year.
Speaker 2: How people still don't understand exactly how he did it give it, you know, or he was picked all that.
Speaker 3: But when you watched the film, what do you see it? What are you see in him? What special qual of these discs?
Speaker 2: Says, Yeah, I think for Brock it's you know, just being here for the for the time that I have and a couple of practice i've I've seen. It's the poise, you know, for for his going into his second year and as a rookie last year, you can see it in the way that he plays and the way that he prepares kids. Got poise and you know that's you know, I don't know if you can coach that or teach that quality, and he's got it.
Speaker 1: It appears that Brandon, i you, is communicative in between team drill reps.
Speaker 3: You guys had a conversation after a ball yesterday. Him and Kyle talked a few times. Is he giving you feedback after the reps that you have together were not together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think all the you know obviously Ba, but all the receivers are doing a really good job communicating, you know, after practice or after a route. So yeah, it's it's great. Whenever you can you know run a route whether it's good or bad. Continue to have that dialogue. Thanks guys,