Speaker 1: M m.
Speaker 2: H m hm hm hm hm.
Speaker 3: Hm hm The John Anick and Kenny Florian Podcast, John Annick and Kenny Florian, I fucking love him.
Speaker 2: I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 1: That big job.
Speaker 4: There, Produccia prak Beer honduh Rock.
Speaker 1: I believe there are a couple of absolutely self involved.
Speaker 3: You are your hosts, John Anick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 5: Oh, right back in the saddle and always the pleasure is on this side of the camera or microphone. Good Monday too, your March thirtieth, twenty twenty six. It is episode five eighty nine of the an Florian Podcast powered by All the Smoke Fight. Kenny, are you wearing that Celtic Kelly Green? Because you watched the Boston Celtics beat the Charlotte Hornets live in person last night?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe we did get a win. It was a good game. Uh taitum was hot. Yeah, and yeah it was my first time, like the redid the Charlotte yet, dude, it's nice. Yeah, dude, I think half or more of the audience there were Celtics fans, so that was pretty funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Boston sports fans travel well.
Speaker 5: But yeah, good to hear that you were going to be in the building last night, and if I had more advanced notice, I would have reached out, of course, to our good friend, the Boston Celtics head coach Joe Mizula. That's right, yeah, who incidentally texted me on Saturday asking me who I thought was going to win the fight between Isra Lota Sonia and Joe Pifer. And that's awesome, an amazing main event, an amazing card. What a weekend for the UFC in Seattle. Order restored is my thesis statement on the weekend. We will get into all of that. The man of the weekend was Joe Pifer, who was scheduled to join us here live in a few minutes. We will also talk to Platinum Mike Perry at the bottom of the hour. He's got a big mixed martial arts contest coming up against Nathan Diaz.
Speaker 7: Of course, on May sixteenth.
Speaker 5: Ray Longo will join us as he always does, and we will also look ahead at the end of the show to UFC Fight Night Moikano versus Duncan, a couple of American Top team teammates, the Men on the Marquee at the UFC Apex This weekend, and thanks to everybody for joining us live. Some people in the comments suggesting we are the lunch break crew, let us know about the time slot. Would you rather ten am Eastern the old time slot eleven am Eastern. We're right now noon on the screws, but let us know. You know, we moved it back so that Ray Longo could get his beauty sleep. But a lot to get into. Massive weekend for the UFC in the Pacific Northwest. Get to headlines, headlines.
Speaker 3: It's time for headlines.
Speaker 1: I have some very urgent and important breaking new headlines on the John and Kenny scions contest.
Speaker 7: Well, what makes mixed martial arts great.
Speaker 5: Is when you have former champions like Israelata Sonia willing to give opportunities to up and coming contenders like Joe Pifer. The danger factor in this matchup certainly was not lost on is He, but given where he was at this stage of his career, put his high ranking on the line against a contender with a lot of skills and a lot of different departments. Kenny and Joe Pifer gets it done. The TKO comes at the four eighteen mark of round two, and not without some adversity.
Speaker 7: For Joe, he had to battle through some things.
Speaker 5: Certainly is he realized some success on the feet, but at the end of the dough at the day, there is a new top flight Middleway contender and it is Joe body Bags Python.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a really impressive performance, especially given what you talked about how he did have to battle back from some serious adversity. You know, I thought Israel outis Sonya was doing a great job of utilizing variety of keeping Joe on the outside, attacking with the leg kicks, but then he welcomed Joe into a world that you know was not his strength, and it was the strength of Joe Pifer and that was just trading power shots.
Speaker 2: Joe is the more powerful guy.
Speaker 4: We've seen him put a lot of guys to sleep with just one shot, and I think those shots were accruing. They were doing a lot of damage to Izzy, and I'm not totally certain that out of Sonya's reaction time or speed is what it used to be, and Joe took full advantage.
Speaker 2: Of it, kept pressing forward.
Speaker 4: But on the ground is really where he took full advantage of Izzy's weakness. And I thought was a very complete performance. From Joe Pifer. Very impressive.
Speaker 5: Crazy to think about what a difference a year makes for Joe Pifer. Right, he was deathly ill a year ago in Mexico City and that resulted in a delay of the Kelvin Gastallom fight, and he's just responded so well since that bit of UFC adversity, I guess, I mean, you can go back to the Contender series, but the fight against Jack Ermanson and he's really sort of rounded into form. And anyone who sort of was following how things were going during fight week understood that Joe was dealing with some mental things in advance of this fight, even a couple weeks before the fight, suggesting that he was having suicidal thoughts. So to come through, to lean into faith and spirit the way he has and produce a performance like this with such a huge step up in competition, you know, A tip of the cap to Joe Pifer, who I mentioned his schedule to join us here in a few minutes, But what a performance by him. And I do think he was able to have his power heard from on the feet. And I certainly think that while at Asanya realized some success and you know, maybe had the fight extended, who knows. I do feel like Pifer's power was starting to really be heard from and then obviously he got the fight where he has the design advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just started.
Speaker 4: Kind of trading with Pifer, which I think was was an odd decision. You know, is he is so tough and perhaps you know, tried to make it a battle of wills a little bit too much. But as tough as I is, he is and we've seen that toughness in the past many many times.
Speaker 2: I feel, and I've said this before, it's an insurance, polsy. It's a thing you use just in case.
Speaker 4: It's not a thing where you just kind of break the glass just because and you start using this thing. You do it because you're in trouble. And I don't think he needed to use it at that point. That's where he needed to kind of regroup, put Piper on the outside and go back to what was making him successful, and that was variety and keeping him on the outside, he allowed Pifer to get on the inside.
Speaker 2: He started trading shots.
Speaker 4: And showed a little bit too machismo, you know, too much of that, and I think that's where Pifer took full advantage and then ended up, you know, taking to the ground and and really put a number on Izzy. But you know, it shows that Pifer is way more complete as a fighter. I also think that if this happened a few years ago, John, I don't know if you would have responded in the same manner. From everything he said, like even his voice sounds more mature. Everything about Pifer, he just seems like he has embraced his role and what he's supposed to do, and he's comfortable in it.
Speaker 2: And it's great to see.
Speaker 5: They say, God will give you what you can handle, maybe right up to the point where he breaks you, but don't give you.
Speaker 2: More than you can handle.
Speaker 5: And certainly at times I think Joe Pifer, certainly in his formative years, dealt with so many different trials and tribulations and adversity, homeless at one point in time, and not having the parental structure that a lot of us take for granted. And to see him emergent through this and to beat a former undisputed UFC midweight champion in Israel, lot of Sonya, whom he called during fight week the greatest middleweight champion of all time, is just a tremendous tremendous winner. We'll spend a lot of time over the course of the show living in Joe Pifer's win and spinning it forward for him. How far does Kenny think he can take this thing? There are a lot of vaunted middleweight challenges that certainly await Joe Piper now that presumably he will reside in the top five. All three judges gave Izzy round one, and who knows how this fight would have played out had it gotten out of a round two or into the championship main event rounds as it were. But I want to go back a few months to what I felt was just wayward Alexander Volkanovsky retirement talk as it relates to adasanya retirement talk here.
Speaker 7: So Volkanovsky was never going.
Speaker 5: To retire, regardless of that result in the rematch with Diego Lopez, in part because there's plenty of fight left in the dog right and losing streaks aren't necessarily what retire elief fighters. So I found it wildly refreshing Kenny that Adasanya got on the microphone and immediately said, I'm not going anywhere. We'll table the Ezzy stuff for a second. Is now joining us, and I don't know if the fight checks have come. There's more than one check coming his way. The bona fide midleweight contender representing the United States of America, Joe Pier. Good to see him, My man, how are we doing this morning?
Speaker 1: Nice to see I got a swollen face from just waking up.
Speaker 2: My man. Well, we appreciate the time.
Speaker 5: And we were saying before he came on, It's crazy what a difference a year makes, right when you think about how sick you were almost a year ago to the day today in city, and now you're on top of the fucking m.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it's It was not a good experience in Mexico and I'll never.
Speaker 1: Go back there.
Speaker 5: So there was a time when I suggested that Izzy was the greatest midleweight of all time, and people came at me, And certainly it's hard to argue with what Anderson Silva had done, But I'm a modern era guy, and based upon what is he had done in the modern era and then getting the belt back a second time, I didn't think you were wrong to classify him in that way. Now you beat the guy, and all of a sudden, your entire.
Speaker 7: World opens up as an elite MMA fighter.
Speaker 5: I know you're still probably marinating it and digesting the result. But what is it like to sort of be on the other side of what was a hugely challenging fight camp mentally, physically and otherwise, and now to have the biggest winning your MMA careers.
Speaker 1: You know, John, it's a it's a weird feeling.
Speaker 8: Like I was just laughing and I told my girl, I was like, I beat one of the best in the world, and I was just laughing because of all this stuff that I do and I like joke around and just I care myself. But yeah, man, I the only way I can describe it is I've been like this the whole time and in the middle, and I haven't been riding the high.
Speaker 1: I haven't been riding a low.
Speaker 8: I truly, truly believe that my faith has done that for me, where like nothing's too big or else it kind of gets you distracted and nothing's you know, too low that you can't climb back out of with prayer.
Speaker 1: So I I really do feel the change. You know.
Speaker 8: I saw everything that everybody was saying, being concerned about not having the.
Speaker 1: Mean streak, this that and the other.
Speaker 8: But you know, I got to accomplish one of the biggest dreams of my life was, which was to fight the top tier of the top tier and find out what kind of man I was and when I was in there, whether people think I was.
Speaker 1: Tired or not, I was not. I it just I kind of settled it in.
Speaker 8: That's just kind of my pace when I'm when I settle in and yeah, I just I went to work until I finally got him out of there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe, you sound more grounded. You look more grounded even during the fight. What were your expectations before the fighter? Did you have Eddie and did you think it kind of went the way it was going to go?
Speaker 8: To be honest, I had no idea how it was going to go, other than I knew I was the better grappler. I knew I was the stronger guy. I knew I was the harder punching guy. But I knew is he was the He's the smarter fighter overall. I would say, you know, he's a chess player, he's he's a point player. He's uh, if he's got to knock you out, he's gonna catch you with something clean.
Speaker 1: I will say, Emmy, I.
Speaker 8: Watched the fight back for the first time, he had me biting on that question mark kick and I was like, oh, just during the fight, you know, I knew he was gonna like I saw it, but I it's kind of it was kind of.
Speaker 1: Like a reaction for me while I was like, Oh, you're really gonna throw it, but uh but.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it was uh it played out. I guess how I'll say this. I drilled that exact thing. I'm gonna probably post it at some point where I was drolling with Nicky Rod. Nicki Rod has been a big part of my jiu jitsu along with my ju jitsu coach Jonathan Webb, jay regular Budo uh smash past jay I go to my jiu jitsu class. He's like one of the guys that helps develop the rules for like the UFC Invitationals and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So I've been around really high level jiu jitsu guys.
Speaker 8: And uh, but me and Nicki went over that exact battakee sequence that you know, we're just gonna keep transfer and transfer and transfer. And he's only got two exits, either turn to your back or turn to your stomach. Worst one being turned to your stomach because if I can stick you there. Obviously I was going to get the ground and bound. But yeah, no, to answer your question, Kenny, because I have a lot to say, I guess is it went exactly how I thought it could go. But I kind of freed myself from a result and imagining how I could get to finish, Like when they would come there, I would let them happen in my head.
Speaker 1: Like so I could.
Speaker 8: You don't envision it, I guess, but I kind of didn't hold on to one particular way that.
Speaker 1: I was going to win.
Speaker 4: And Joe, I'm really fascinated and really impressed with this kind of this spiritual awakening, this religious awakening, if you want to call it that. And when when did this is exactly kind of go down? And when did this change kind of start.
Speaker 2: To emerge for you?
Speaker 8: February seventh was when I went through my dark time. And yeah, I probably cried every day in my life, even up until today. I just feel so relieved and so thankful and just the habits that I'm installing in my life.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I was I could have been a lost child man.
Speaker 8: So you know, I only say Christian because it identifies with my beliefs and everything, But I'm a believer first and foremost. Before you put any entitled to it, I'm a believer. And it's something you won't ever understand.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know either of you guys like that, but it's something you won't ever understand until you feel a presence that you can't see, that you can't hear, but you can feel. And I just felt called to change, and I was able to see myself and be disgusted in all these things and just wanted to be a better human being.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want to talk.
Speaker 8: There's gonna be guys that don't care about what I had to say that might mock me for it. I took the hardest road that I could take with this change because there's gonna be people that come after to me. Even before the fight, everybody's saying they don't know if I'm gonna have this mean streak or whatever. And the guy's a little psycho and that's what he relied on, and it's like, just wait and see. I ever got his plan was was already written, and I just went out there and I accepted that it didn't it can't let me tell you guys. This, I'm sorry I'm taking so long answer to this, but it was just such a special moment for me.
Speaker 1: I had absolutely no fear at all.
Speaker 8: And it tells you in the Bible over and over again, do not be afraid, for I'm with you. Do not be afraid, Do not be afraid and uh. And then one of my favorite verses as well is like when it says whom shall I send, and I say, here in mind, send me, and uh, and I just I would. I've always said that even before my faith, like I'll always bet on me because I was bored a fighter. You didn't teach me, you didn't have to teach me how to fight. I know when I get in there, I'm gonna bite down and I'm a swing and if you knock me out.
Speaker 1: You knock me out, is what it is like. But his walkout was sick. Music was sick, the timing of it, the crowd was sick. They were loud, bro.
Speaker 8: It was literally his music was shaking the freaking canvas.
Speaker 1: Bro, and my feet and I just was like nothing, and I was like wow.
Speaker 8: So afterwards, that's kind of that's kind of what gets me like excited, is like I have that kind of power that I don't care about people's aura.
Speaker 1: I didn't care.
Speaker 8: I really believed in my mind and I believed it starting with the Aboose fight, even though I was kind of a dookie fight. I was like zero and zero brother, like, I'm you're fighting man of a man of God.
Speaker 1: Now, like I got something deep and but.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a power.
Speaker 1: Thankful. What a beautiful weekend to fight somebody like Israel.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable. Man, I was getting chills during your walkout. I know we talk a lot about Izzy's walkouts. Yours was fantastic. And by the way, Joe Plifer with us live on the Anicmploring podcast. Face on the poster now, I know you have Izzy and Alex Panada mortalized there behind you, but we'll have to move the Grant Dawson King Green pot and put the Auto Sonya v.
Speaker 7: Piper poster there.
Speaker 5: So it's interesting because I'm a fan first, right, and you know I'm a fan of yours. I find you widely entertaining on a microphone. I love the mean streak, I love the power. A lot of athletes talk about flipping the switch, and I think for those of us that know you. We were not put off by your warm embrace with Izzy, but certainly I think some fans saw that and we're like, man, you know, how's Joey kid gonna fucking flip the switch now? So what can you tell us about just your aggression as a fighter and how maybe you do or don't flip the switch once you actually get in there, especially with somebody you respect to such an extension.
Speaker 1: I think I just changed.
Speaker 8: I rewired my brain with my faith to change what I'm fighting for, and what I'm fighting for is to give the glory to God first and foremost, because He's the only one that could reward me with victory.
Speaker 1: And the only way that He's going to reward me with victory.
Speaker 8: If that's the possibility, is if I'm walking in the ways that He commands us to. And you know, I really felt like I've been doing that. I start every day, I pray five, six, seven, eight times a day. It doesn't matter, however is many, however.
Speaker 1: Many is needed. But you know, I just feel like.
Speaker 8: God granted me this because he knows I want to bring people to feel the same exact feeling that I felt.
Speaker 1: And it has nothing to do with control.
Speaker 8: My belief mine has to do with being a real man, being someone who loves their wife, who doesn't cheat, who doesn't, you know, have these addictions and all kinds of stuff, you know, And what it's done for me is restored me and made me. And the best thing about my faith is the forgiveness of it. There's nothing that we've there's a couple of things that you can't do and be forgiven for, but but you know, ultimately I'm forgiven and then that gives me a great peace in my heart and my soul. And so I'm fighting for the glory of God. And I'm also fighting for my wife soon to be hopefully my girlfriend of six plus years that's been by me unconditionally, you know.
Speaker 1: So I just those were the two things that I was really fighting for.
Speaker 8: And the way I envisioned it was, Hey, you want to get that dream house one day. You wouldn't have a farm, you would have a bunch of animals, you wouldn't be self sufficient. You want to have financial security. It starts right here. And whether you feel like it or not, whether you're tired or not, whether your hydration went right or not, You're going to go out there and until this man puts you out. If that's the case, you'll face that like a man. But if not, you're gonna sit there and you're gonna you're gonna be in this man's face and break him. And that's just kind of.
Speaker 6: How I was.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't like overemotional about it.
Speaker 8: It was just yeah, I really just the only part that was a little emotional was my walkout song because that was special to me and my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: And I own the moment. Man.
Speaker 6: I loved it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what an incredible weekend for Joe Pifer. We got a couple more minutes with you. So as you look forward to the Kamzachi Mayavs of the world and all the potential big fights that await, I guess inwardly, you and Dean Thomas and Jonathan Webb and everybody else now gets to continue to craft this piece of clay. And again, people don't understand just how well versus you are. Kenny does, but maybe a lot of people don't understand just how well rounded a guy you are and how much championship potential you have. But where is the area in which you see the biggest opportunity for growth as a mixed martial arts out.
Speaker 1: I think it's just good. I mean, I think it's everywhere.
Speaker 8: To be honest, I think my jujitsu game could get a little bit tighter, especially on the feet. Like I have this thing where I want to just trade because I just if somebody's well, that's where easy went wrong is you can't trade with me.
Speaker 1: I mean you can, you can.
Speaker 9: Possibly, you can do anything. There's just repercussion. Look, I mean, look like I consider it easy to go. But he's lost to you know, every dog has his day.
Speaker 8: I don't think anybody who's ever even left the sport undefeated wouldn't have gotten their day either. It's just a matter of when you get out. So yeah, I think I can approve everywhere. I think I I think I should. I have real, real fast hands, and I think people have just made that. It's just the only time I get big and slow is when I'm sitting there and I'm just trying to explode your head with one shot.
Speaker 1: So I got to be a little bit more disciplined with that.
Speaker 8: The cat kicks hurt, but like and I know I gave a reaction because he would hit them good like where I was like kind of off balance, but like, I wasn't immobilized.
Speaker 1: If you see the fight and you watch it back, I still was bouncing.
Speaker 8: Definitely hurt, but it wasn't something that was like crippling me like the jack one did. Because I checked a few of them. It's very subtle, but like I checked the first one, and I know that hurt. It had to have hurt him because he I don't know, maybe it didn't.
Speaker 1: He kept throwing it, but I was like, damn, bro, stop throwing it.
Speaker 8: Like but uh, yeah, I can improve everywhere, man, I can improve everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a sponge. I think that the coaches love that about me, you know.
Speaker 8: I think they also had some question marks in the head, if I'm being completely honest. Yeah, until the shakeout, you know, and I tell them. They were like, hey, look, this is what we're here to do. And I was like, guys, listen, like I'm here to rumble. I'm not going nowhere, ye, Like, I'm fighting for something even, I'm fighting for something deeper than just some chip on my shoulder and anger about something from my past. I'm fighting for love, I'm fighting for glory. I'm fighting for all this and I want to give it to the world. So I know that the whole stadium was against me, is what it felt like.
Speaker 5: But yeah, well you turn them around and as you continue to pursue and attain peace and happiness.
Speaker 7: It's gott a dovetail beautifully with your fighting career.
Speaker 5: Before we let you go, right, there are a handful of top flight middleweights that are unbooked.
Speaker 7: What is your expectation as to what the UFC is.
Speaker 5: Going to do with you? Do you think it's going to be another main event? Do you think it's going to be a guy like Kyle BOHOLLYO. What is your best guess as to when we might see you back and in what context?
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't like to play matchmaker after I just did something like I did. I know that's what I should to be doing, obviously, but I'll just say this. You know, I know there's a Philadelphia card coming up in August. I would love that. I definitely think I put myself in a position after beating one of the greatest of the world, to be another main event. But hey, if you want to give me three rounds, that favors me. So let's let's let's get me headline in the August Card of Philly if that's true, or let's let's let's hit something up in like September October. You know, I have a lot of injuries right now, believe it or not. Uh, then I need to get checked. My hand is still pretty swollen, so I'm not sure, at least in comparison, I'm not pretty sure. I don't know if I broke something in it, but and then I gotta get something checked out. I just had surgery on this elbow, so I don't know if something like I don't know if I pulled a muscle in it.
Speaker 1: I was struggling with it for the last two weeks.
Speaker 8: But you know, I would say August, September, October somewhere around there. I want to take a little bit of time, guys. I want to you know, I want to get better, and I don't like taking fights until I feel like I've gotten better. One thing I could say I got better with with this was obviously.
Speaker 1: My mental approach.
Speaker 8: Like I didn't I was in bedridden with anxiety before overthinking things and trying to control the result just kind of was in the moment. That's what being in the moment is so, but yeah, you know me versus d DP, I think that would be cool. He was a great champion. I know he lost the belt, but he's a dog. He's a tough dude. He likes to bang, he likes to brawl. Me versus Kyle. I love Kyle.
Speaker 1: I talked to him a lot.
Speaker 8: It seems like, yeah, I did fighting all the guys that I wind up having good relationships with. You know, the only way I would fight Brendon Allen is if they said it was a like a number one contender, like I get a title shot if after we you know, we fight, but that one's there.
Speaker 1: I hope that's not the case. But uh yeah, Kyle or DDP probably makes sense.
Speaker 8: I think I should wait. I think should wait. I think he's on a great wind streak. I think he I thought he should have been fighting Hamza, right, so I think he should wait. I think he's in a great position. But yeah, that's those are my thoughts.
Speaker 5: Well, you maximize the showcase, my man. You put yourself in pride position. It is funny because a lot of these guys who you mentioned have either put you over or have a lot of respect for you, and vice versa, whether Shieki Zu Plus or Kyle Bohalio. But hey, man, congratulations, you just took out the former un disputed two time UFC middleweight champion, and we can't wait to see all the work you continue to do on yourself mentally, physically and otherwise. And you're all classman for coming on and giving us a quarter of an hour today. Joe Pifer, You're the fucking man. Enjoy the fruits. We'll talk to you simples.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Boys.
Speaker 5: Is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Zone. Joe Pifer be Joe Pifer. And it is interesting because his fan base has built organically. It's built methodically, dating to Dana White's Contender series. And I always say the best way to build your fan base to knock motherfuckers clean out. That's how John O'Malley did it right, is to knock people out. That's the best way to build your fan base. So even though maybe some of the faith is lost on certain people, it's certainly not lost on you nor me. He keeps knocking people out doing it the right way.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: People are paying attention.
Speaker 4: You gotta finish fights, Yeah, no, that's that's the way to do it, man, And again, I think that so much of this game, so much of being a professional athlete, is what kind of mental attitude you bring to it. It affects the way you train, it affects the way you perform under stress, under pressure, and I think this new Joe Pifer is a major major problem. He also he always had the physicality, he always had the talent, but now with this other element, I think he really is a guy that that could win the belt.
Speaker 2: I do think he's that good. And you know, I thought, I thought it was a really complete performance from him.
Speaker 7: Part of my job that I take seriously.
Speaker 5: I guess it's not part of my job, but oftentimes after fighter loses a fight, I will slide into their DMS and try to provide some sort of encouragement. Now I'm not saying this to sort of too my own horn and have people be like, oh man, that's really thoughtful. But as I was getting ready to book Joe Pifer on the show today, I went back into our Instagram messages because that's how I contact him. And you know, it's interesting for me to read what I wrote to him after he lost to jack Er Manson or after he got sick in Mexico City, and I happen to get sick as well. And you know, he's had some really dark moments and now he has a lot of light moments. And if you do subscribe to the theory that good things happen to good people, that's what's happening to Joe Pifer right now.
Speaker 4: I think that, you know, for someone who had a tough upbringing and who has dealt with a lot of adversity and have had a lot of dark times, sometimes it takes one person.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it takes.
Speaker 4: Multiple people to say I believe in you. You could be the best at this or whatever it is. Having a good core group of people and having people you respect, like like John Annix, Sending a kind message or a positive message can do wonders for people. And I'm not saying that that's the only reason, right, I mean, yeah, there's a lot of people contributing to that, but that does make a huge difference, man. And sometimes you know, you need other people to believe in you more than you believe in yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, put thanks everybody joining us live here on the anicon Florian podcast. Plattum Mike Perry scheduled to join us here coming up at the bottom of the hour, to be followed by Ray Longo. So before we get back to Israel, lot of Sonya. I hadn't heard about the Philadelphia card. Oftentimes I'm the last man to find out. I don't know if it's a numbered event or it's a fight night, But you gotta think that Joe Pifer is going to factor prominently in that equation and seems like maybe Kyle Bohoalio makes some sense.
Speaker 4: Kidding, Oh, it's a great fight. I hope the timing works out for him. You know, he obviously divulged that he does have some injuries he needs to heal up, but I hope the timing works out. I think that would be a fantastic fight between two guys that are at the top of their game right now that are kind of peeking and yeah.
Speaker 2: So much talent on both sides.
Speaker 4: But you know, with this new kind of mindset and him having the ability to fight in his hometown, what an opportunity.
Speaker 5: That would be meant And you gotta think he will be there May ninth, in Newark, New Jersey, not far from where he lives. Datchimaia makes the first defense of his title against Sean Strickland. So I felt pretty convicted that Israel out of Sonia win or lose, was not going to retire. And certainly I am a little bit maybe more on the inside than some of the speculists that are out there, right, But you can lose four fights and still not be ready to retire. And even though somebody within a stude mind like Kenny Florian would suggest to you today that maybe out of Sonya isn't quite as fast or the footwork isn't necessarily there the way it was in his prime, it doesn't mean on any given Saturday night he can't compete with the top five to seven middleweights in the world. So he's not just a prize fighter. He certainly has realized financial freedom. He's continuing for the love of the game, the love of the sport, and for legacy. I commend him on that, and I think there's a great chance that Israeldo Sonia wins another UFC fight against high level competition before all is said than done.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts on that, yeah, I think everyone fights for different reasons, and you have.
Speaker 2: To know what that is very very clearly.
Speaker 4: I think that is he has done what very few fighters will ever achieve. And I think that if he still has a passion for this game, then yeah, he can stay in it. And for me, I think that he has slowed down a little bit. But he has to be fully aware of that. I think and say, what do I need to do to change maybe my approach in fight, maybe in camp uh to accommodate maybe these these adjustments and you know, find that way. It is hard, though, when you're used to fighting a certain way to just change that overnight. And I think there was perhaps a mental lapse during this fight, or maybe he was hurt and maybe not really in it at the time. And you have to give credit a whole lot of credit to Joe Pifer for fighting the way that he did.
Speaker 2: But you know, this is a critical time though, make no mistake about it.
Speaker 4: You know four five fights in a low and five losses in a row is is no joke. And you know, he has to find out very clearly what he's fighting for, because, as he said, he does not need to keep doing this.
Speaker 2: He does have financial freedom.
Speaker 4: And for me, you know, I want to remember, is he as that guy who was at his peak and right? You know, so, yeah, I hope that whatever he does, he makes the right choice and and uh, you know, find that piece right.
Speaker 5: You don't want twenty four and two to become twenty five eight when it comes to the MMA record all right now with us on the guest line. One of the biggest names in all of combat sports man and I always thought he could be this, one of the biggest names in all of combat sports, the king of violence, fifteen times UFC veteran, not White, Gold Platinum, Mike Perry rocking the Young La, loud and proud.
Speaker 7: It's good to see a champ. How we feel?
Speaker 10: Don Anni don the goat commentator, Go what up? Kenny?
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 7: I'm chilling, So I don't even know where to begin with you.
Speaker 5: You got a major MMA contest coming up with NATEDZ coming up May sixteenth on Netflix.
Speaker 7: We're very excited about that.
Speaker 5: But in a bare knuckle setting, man like, if you were trying to with AI create somebody who could beat you, man Like, how is anybody gonna beat you in that format?
Speaker 10: No, It's gonna be tough.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm coming back with my the gains that I have in bare knuckle boxing, and you know, my job is to go into the ring and let those hands go, throw, throw my punches, getting gritty, uh close adults, and you know, come out on top of those gritty matchups. Obviously, Nate Diaz is a crafty character and and he uses his mind and chooses, you know, who's gonna who's gonna have the ring generalship, who's gonna decide when the fight is happening and when it's not happening, or we're just going in the middle and we're just gonna throw. So there's a lot of excitement and in the ideas of this matchup that we could be compared to the UFC White House Card. Everyone is super excited about platinam Mike Perry versus Nate Diaz, and I am as well. So you know, I've been I've been filing really good that it's finally my time. MMA fighters throughout history have gone across platforms. That's what mixed martial arts is about. We have the skills in more than one genre and putting it all back together. I get to come back with some of the vicious talents that I've always had.
Speaker 4: It's a crazy fight, man, and just based on both of the way that both of the ways that you guys fight. I don't see it. I don't see it, you know, being boring at all. But you know, does it change the way that you've approached training? Now, obviously this is your first mixed martial arts fight in a little while. I'm not sure he's gonna be looking to take you down. I imagine it's probably gonna be you guys trading on the feet. But does it change a lot of the way how you approach this one compared to the last couple of years.
Speaker 10: No, I have to train smart and smooth and uh, you know, get those moments of grit where me and my training partners are really going at each other and in a professional manner. You know, you have the tough rounds. And now it's five times five. I'm fighting a championship level fight as far as five rounds of five minutes each twenty five minutes. Like, I'm really excited about that. I've been getting my sparring up to the five or six rounds or more, and you know, I'm feeling like it's it's become time in my life. I've proven myself again and again in combat sports. I've taken over a whole nother, you know movement with the bare knuckle fighting championships, and I've kind of gotten to become the face of that, and that's what I have to go in this fight and do. And you know, my wife's she's one of my coaches. She's in the corner and she's like, you guys are throwing hands. His last fight was a boxing match, this and that. Yes, I'm gonna stay.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: I like some of the clints. I like some of the close ups. I think he's gonna grab me and we're gonna fight in the clinch. I don't see him necessarily shooting a takedown unless I'm devastating him with the hands. And uh, you know, I gotta watch out for guillotines, arm drags, things like that of that nature. But the training remains the same. I just put in the work and go get to go have fun. May sixteen.
Speaker 5: I know you've talked a lot about Lati and the spousal support that you have had. You know, she was with you before you had gotten to whatever place of financial freedom you are at right now. So have you guys had sort of a moment to sort of enjoy the fruits that appreciate it, either in solitude the two of you or otherwise.
Speaker 10: You know, little little moments here and there. You know, she definitely needs more, uh and there there's gonna you know, I love I love how those things work out. And you know with when it comes to business, and business has to respect my life status and relationship and things like that. And we we try to mold those things together if we can. If I have a work trip, we'll bring the fam and make make something out of it.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 10: There hasn't been as much time as we would like to really sit back and kick your feet up. We got work to do. We're we're on a mission. I'm on a mission to really get that financial freedom so that we can do this when we're you know, I'll be forty before her. So yeah, you know, if we're forty and I can kick my feet up on the beach and have those my ties, Yeah, yeah, I'm finally ready.
Speaker 5: So my son is seven. How old is Ocean right now?
Speaker 10: Ocean's five. Now he's catching up.
Speaker 5: He's starting to i'd imagine understand who the fuck his father really?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 10: Like, I don't know, that's a tough one. You know, we ask him questions all the time. Do you want to box? Do you want to fight? You know, I've seen comments people like he's in the mix.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he could be.
Speaker 10: If there's a good amount of money in it for him. One day, I'm sure he'll be after it, but for now, I don't think training is super super necessary. Like you know, David ben Vitez's son will probably beat up my son right now, and they're they're definitely the same, like exact age. Yeah, but that's okay because they're not going to get paid for that fight right now. When oceans seventeen eighteen and he has the emotions of his father, he will cry and claw some kids eyes out if he has to. I think it's inside of him. So, you know, hopefully I make enough money and then my kid can just be a computer whiz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go, Platin Mike Perry with us live on the Anic Imploring Podcast. So you're still a young man. You were born in nineteen ninety one. You had a pretty extensive amateur career as an MMA fighter, if I'm not mistaken, but you're certainly rounding into form. I mean, i'd imagine you don't see the end as anywhere near in sight. You got all these different promotions looking for a PC like how long can you continue to realize success at the highest level of combat?
Speaker 10: Ah Man, I was just talking to Yo. Wel you know he goes over to Russia, fights for gob in bare knuckle fighting, you know, in Russia under their rules against their guys, and he gets He demands respect with his discipline and his knowledge at his age, and you know you can just physically see it when you look at him. He's working. He's putting in the work to keep his body where it's at and always be able to perform. You know, that's a goal to be forty eight and look like that still just kicking my body just through the roof, you know what I'm saying. So that's the goal. I just stay. It's a lifestyle as a martial artist, you know, to be the WU shoe master, Sin say when you're fifty and just like you know, you got these disciples around you that need the information that you can teach them. Like I said, we could teach the next genre generation of UFC fighters how to do their job.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you got Dirty Boxing April tenth in Miami, and then it's back to Central Florida for a few weeks, and then I guess to be into a dome and soakl for Nate Diz live on this floor.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big man.
Speaker 5: Well, I look forward to seeing you at Dirty Boxing here shortly. I'm gonna come say hello on Friday night. I know you'll be making the rounds. And then May sixteenth, right, Nate Diez under the lights into a dome that is an absolutely amazing venue. If I were to say, given your promotional value in combat sports right now, will you ever be back in the octagon, would you say never?
Speaker 7: Say never? Or do you think that ship is sid I.
Speaker 10: Would definitely say never, say never. You know what I'm saying. Oh I'm seeing things, but I want to talk too soon. You know, I got to focus on the task in hand. I think I just demolished this and I do my best. You see the best Platinum Perry back in the ring, back in the octagon or sorry it's a hexagon. We'll try to get a hexagon here for MVP. Gonna see how all that works out. They do big promotion. They put on a heck of a show, excited to put on for the fans and get back in MMA and showcase how you know what I could do when I go back.
Speaker 5: Well, my man, I just got to say deep congratulations on all your success, and I think you can tell me and we're just super happy for you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: You deserve it all, you put in all the work, and uh we wish all the best of course with DBX April tenth and then May sixteenth, brother will be watching.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much, man. It's great to see you guys, and I look forward to returning to MMA. So enjoyed the show.
Speaker 5: My man Platinum Mike Perry Live on Netflix May sixteenth against fellow combat sports legend Nate Diez, and it is going to be interesting to see how all of that goes.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 7: I just don't know who would ever beat him.
Speaker 5: With with no padding on the knuckles right in a bare knuckle setting.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: When you look at some of the guys on his resume, whether it's Luke Rockholdt or Michael venim Page or Jeremy Stevens or Eddie Alvarez, a lot of different stylistic challenges. And when you see Perry's mits, brothers like dude, best of luck.
Speaker 7: Find I somebody to beat him in those rules Platinum.
Speaker 4: Mike Perry was built for that. Like the dude's straight out of a movie.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: He's an absolute savage, So it's great to see him get this huge opportunity against a massive legend in Nate Diez, and that fight is going to be bananas.
Speaker 5: He is about a two to one favorite right now against Nate Diez come May sixteenth, and yes, Dirty Boxing in Miami April tenth is on the eve of UFC three twenty seven. My twin brother Jason Anik is part of the broadcast team for DBX, so we will be there live to show our support. If Jay can get me a ticket, of course, I will be there on the eve of UFC three twenty seven. So we sort of keep getting away from this Israel Attasannya stuff. And I'm not gonna sit here and go through the middleway top ten and ask you, hey, how do you think he'd fare in a rematch with du plus see? How do you think he'd do against Kyle Boholyyo? You know, would the Brendan Allen fight be competitive? But I think our thesis statement on both sides is that as long as there's desire there's still enough sk you just don't want to see him, you know, maybe not on like an Anderson Silva go from you know, thirty and two to thirty and eleven.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what happens in the fight game, right is you get these stars, and those stars once they kind of start dropping in perhaps their performance or consistency, they end up becoming, you know, a jumping off point for a lot of the fighters who are up and coming, And as a fighter, you then have to kind of say, is this the role that I want to be in as a fighter, Right, So if you're still enjoying it, and you're still getting up for your fights, and you're preparing really well and you're healthy, then absolutely I think you should continue doing that. And like you said, John, I do think his skills that are a high enough level where he is elite.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, just getting going live Anak and Florian podcast. We've been guessed heavy as such, we haven't even gotten into one of the greatest finishes in UFC history and all that encompass just the six uftually live event in modern history to feature six finishes on the main card. One man who I trust was watching Raymond Peter Longo, Let's get to him.
Speaker 3: It's now time for the Ray Long Minute.
Speaker 1: That's what I watch, The.
Speaker 3: Ray Long Minute, the John Nick and Kenny Florian podcast.
Speaker 11: No, hey, let me tell you that that was the card No More bitch and now ha.
Speaker 5: So Kenny Florian is a quality over quantity guy in most aspects of his life. Right, doesn't send a lot of text messages, but he couldn't stop texting when Alexa Grosso did that. Right, they call it a club and sub, but you don't always see it, not like that like.
Speaker 11: That, man, I mean, let me tell you, that's the closest death in the octagon.
Speaker 6: I think we've.
Speaker 11: That was Come on, why don't even know I can't even process that that girl was that. It's just it's not even like it's the way she jumped on the she nobody jumps on a rear naked quicker than that girl.
Speaker 2: I called the double whammy.
Speaker 4: Right, she knocked her out, uh like, basically put her unconscious and then jumped on a sub. Now, I did that with Clay Guita, but it was not as violent, it was not as dramatic, it was not.
Speaker 2: As quick as how she did it. It was just so fluid.
Speaker 4: The way she did it was it was bad, like she looked like an absolute gangster. And then the why it was so dramatic after it too. It was just like Macy Barber was just in a completely different dimension.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: She went to the shadow realm and she was staring into another dimension at that and she could not get up for a.
Speaker 2: Very very long time.
Speaker 4: And you know, Grosso just kind of calmly got up, was like, yeah, sorry, man, it was umble.
Speaker 6: Look, Grosso did the right thing.
Speaker 11: I think the ref did as good a job as he could if he got in there a.
Speaker 6: Quick It was fast. It was really quick.
Speaker 11: Man, that was And to be unconscious and have the blood or choked out to you, dude, that can't be good.
Speaker 6: That cannot be good.
Speaker 5: Ray Longo not a doctor, but he does play one here on the But no, you're not wrong.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you. I don't even think a doctor could tell you what was going.
Speaker 10: Doctor was just.
Speaker 2: Staring at her.
Speaker 5: So Mike Beltron deserves a lot of credit. And this was I think he just refereeing in a while because he had about with diverticulatis and I think he had the surgery or whatever it was. But yes, I mean, thank goodness Beltron was all over it because there are plenty of referees that would have been out of position or less instinctive, and that could have spelled even a worse fate for Macy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh no, he got in there as quick.
Speaker 11: I don't think he could have did anything different, to be honest with you, it's how fast it was. And wow, that was That's some of the scariest shit I've ever seen. I've seen I've seen after the AFT myth with people are just laying on the floor and they still think they fight and they get but that the way that went down was was that was pretty brutal. That was brutal. And I hope Macy Bob is all right, man, what a you know.
Speaker 5: She seems to be handling things really well. She's been good, very public on social media, beco very good. Oftentimes athletes sort of cloak up, and I think actually just facing forward is probably gonna be therapeutic for her. But man, Alexa Grossel, when you think about how she rested the belts away from Valentina Chevchenko whose face was half discolored, and Kenny, now this finished that Dana White call one of the greatest in UFC history.
Speaker 7: I mean, she's.
Speaker 5: Gonna it's amazing how much And again she's realized the world title, she's defended it, she's made a lot of money.
Speaker 7: But bro, I mean, this is going to take it right.
Speaker 5: She gets the bonus right, She's going to get all this year end hardware for this, right, like Alexa Grosso, all of a sudden everything has opened up for again.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: I mean I say this so many times, but again, one fight can change your whole trajectory of your career.
Speaker 2: And that's how you come back.
Speaker 4: You know, that's how you come back and you remind everybody how badass you actually are.
Speaker 2: And you know, these are the dangerous fights for people.
Speaker 4: Like a Macy Barbara, when you're going against a former champion or an elite fighter and they're kind of on a little bit of a downstreak and you're like, I think I got them. This is maybe where they're their lowest point. This is when they're most vulnerable, and you forget now they're still there, They're still in it. And I had a feeling and what a performance in Grasso.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 4: Shows character, It shows development, and she's going to be a problem moving forward. Man, she's still here.
Speaker 11: Yeah up boxing A stand up was going on for that fight. Uh yeah, I mean it almost looks I know we're probably gonna talk about ad ASNJA too, but look, I like that is he that guy went in there to fight.
Speaker 6: I think I think he I give that guy a.
Speaker 11: Lot of credit, you know what I mean. I think he's a he's a good dude and he understands fighting. But uh man, that is he was the you know, it's a teddy one time said what a guy does at the end is always what he always wanted to do at the beginning.
Speaker 6: It wasn't really.
Speaker 11: Applying to this, but I think that's who is he always wanted to be. But you know, as you're going up, sometimes you gotta fight safe. You need that win to get to the next you know. I think this is the izzy that and he was doing great. You know, he took all those shots. I thought he was. He was looking good.
Speaker 6: Just you know, the Achilles seal was was the wrestling ray.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad that you just said that and sort of talked us into that talking point because Kenny and you and is he have a personal relationship. He's not emotionally attached to the losses and the wins. Yeah, and that it's absolutely critical, and certainly it applies to a lot of kickboxers who maybe experienced losses far more often than your average MMA fighter. But I think Ray's right. He was roundly criticized for that Jared cannoneer win at UFC two seventy six. I believe it was in twenty twenty two, and he's mostly lost fights since then. And the only man that he's knocked out since then and not beaten on points of course was Alex Padata, right. But yeah, I do believe in a lot of respects now that you know, there's a freedom with which he is fighting and it doesn't necessarily produce a win. But yeah, I really can lean into that ring.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's what I believe, and I like, again, hats off to him. I think I think we even saw that with GSP at the end of his career, and I know I think I had spoken to him about that two years ago, but you know, when GSP really started to open up, it is freedom, you know, it's not about winning a loser, it's about expressing yourself. And I think George did it at the end. He was in some wars at the end, if you remember he was he was he was playing down and fighting And I think, you know, once you get that monkey off your back and you've accomplished everything, you're in the history books forever is you'll go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest middleweight in the world besides Widman. But uh, but uh, you know what I mean, like he's got nothing to prove.
Speaker 6: I tell you, I like that is he that? To me? John?
Speaker 11: You said the word freedom. That was freedom to me. He went in there, had a good time and you know, came up short.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but here's who I see it. He was winning the fight.
Speaker 4: And then you know that freedom made him fight in a style that I don't think is actually his where he fights at his best. And he took a lot of damage along the way. He took some huge shots from a guy that you don't want to trade with. And you know, again, just like Joe said, you can make any decision out there as a fighter, there's just gonna be repercussions for it. And I think that that was not the way that he was going to win that fight. If he did win that fight, I think he would have been throwing the dice. He did throw the dice, he got hurt. I don't think he was totally with it. You know, Piper got an easy takedown after that, took full advantage. And yes, that's where he you know, really lost the fight was on the ground. But you know, he was doing a great job of using variety and keeping Piper on the outside. And when he decided to be entertaining and trade, that's where he let Piper right back.
Speaker 6: In the fight, right right.
Speaker 11: But but again, John, he could have easily did a Yoel Romero with this calf kick and move move move, caf kick, jam move. The guy wouldn't have gotten near him. I don't think did bet. But again and again it's look, I could be completely wrong in this, but that's what I saw. I saw a guy that wanted to put on a show at any cost. Yeah, and uh, like again, I don't think he would have did this if it was five years ago, but uh, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 7: I think you both make a lot of good points.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 5: Free of championship pressure and perhaps liberating and stylistically results in some changes, but given the landscape in the middleweight division right now, even if he had knocked Joe Pifer clean out with a question mark kick in round one, Yeah, he's not getting ahead of Sean Strickland May ninth. He's plausibly not getting ahead of Nossordini Mavov, who beat him head to head. And you know that says nothing of some of the other guys like Brendan Allen. So yeah, very interesting stuff there. So anything else for us? I guess ray I would like to get thirty seconds or so on Joe Pifer because this fan.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, let's not tell you with a lot.
Speaker 5: He joined us off the top of the show today and I just really am happy for I guess his relative piece and happiness.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I didn't lean into that whatever they said. I hope he's all right. I know, you know, he came up on the regional circuit, He's surrounded by a lot of good people, and man, they kind of that fight was almost like Wideman Silver in a way didn't have the implications, but it was a guy coming up, big strong kid, you know what I mean, fighting the guy that's considered one of the best ever. And uh yeah, it's off the Piper. What a great, great win that is for him. And uh, you know, now things get interesting, right because now he's in the top What is he in the top five?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I'm happy to see. We'll see where it goes. But I'm happy for Piper. I just hope he holds it together. Whatever I heard about the suicide thing, I hope that's I hope he gets the right help and uh yeah, And you know, it's crazy when you think about that we have. It seems like you're on top.
Speaker 6: Of the world with everything and still you know, people don't get it.
Speaker 11: Man, It's a really serious, serious problem. And I hope he deals with it right correctly. I mean, you know what's funny, Tomember, remember that comedian Richard Jenny Like he was with his girlfriend.
Speaker 6: He's having a great time. I got it.
Speaker 11: I'm just gonna go to the bathroom, went in the bathroom and killed himself. But it wasn't like he was having a bad time. But mentally, if shit gets in your head and you don't have the right you know, defense mechanisms or the support team around you, I think things get ugly really quick.
Speaker 6: So I really only.
Speaker 11: Wish him the best. I know the people that manage him, I'm very close with everybody's He's a good He's a really good dude who went through a lot as a kid, and I hope he gets through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it seems like he's in a good place now. But Ray, what do you think about his potential? I know you know you've you've spoken highly of him. Do you think he's a guy that could be a champion in that very difficult middleweight division.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, Look, it's gonna it's gonna eventually. Look, he's got his his wrestling, his jiu jitsu. Everything looked on point.
Speaker 11: He passed the guard NS and I'm not saying he was getting resistance or whatever, but I know they I think they brought in NICKI Rodriguez, so it looks like he's tight and in some of his stuff up. I don't think he can get much better of a guy to bring int that guy. I think he does. Man, he hits. He I'll tell you what, he's got lead in his hands, and I like a couple of those right hands. He just snuck in there out of nowhere, you know what I mean. So I saw some really.
Speaker 2: Good massive middle way to man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I tell you, I thought he was going to be a lot tall. He's he's bigger than I thought. They matched They matched up, Yeah, they matched up a little differently. When I got out there, I thought the size was going to be a little more in his advantage, and I don't even think it wasn't advantage. So yeah, I think I think he could do whatever he wants to do.
Speaker 6: Has that.
Speaker 11: I think he wants it, and he stays on track and he gets his head focused and clears up all that other ship.
Speaker 6: Yet there's nothing no stopping them. He's got the tools and.
Speaker 5: In many respects they are going to be easier stylistic matchups for him than Israel. Not a son you kicking the shit out of your goddamn calves. And even though Pifer, in talking about the calf kicks earlier, said that he was able to fight through them, I think part of the issue is and Bola Mohabbed others suggests it's a toughness equation, but sometimes if that one completely changes the complexion of the fight, that's the issue. So you are playing with fire when it comes to that if that won, right, So, Ray, did you see the featured prelim between Tafik Mussaiah and Ignacio ba A Mondez that painted blood all over the canvas?
Speaker 6: Did you see that fight? Was happy that the I was happy to UFC got back on track. Yeah, this is what I suspect every great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's a few different angles through which to attack this, Kenny, I guess you can start us off here.
Speaker 7: There were fouls for a fence.
Speaker 5: Grab and edbudd that went completely unacknowledged, and again just inconsistency in officiating rearing its head here. This was not one of the big name referees necessarily, but uh, you know, this would seem to be as easy a case for some sort of appellate intervention as.
Speaker 4: Any you know. The they were egregious to like the head but was blatant. It was clear it was There was no like elbow behind it or punch behind it. It was just a frigging you know, early UFC headbutt right to the dome and that's not cool and that affected the fight, right, I mean the cut, the blood in the eyes. I've been there, when you're on your back and you got blood in your eyes, it's like someone just puts a red sheet over your eyes and you can't really do much. It gets slippery, of course, and and just gets worse and worse. The taste isn't great either, uh, but you know I was. It was unfortunate. And then Bob Munda is in a great position to hit a souplex, and Messiah is I was holding the cage just as clear as day.
Speaker 2: No file, no talk like.
Speaker 4: It was one of those things where as a fighter, you're in there and you're like, this is not my day.
Speaker 2: Everything is kind of going against him.
Speaker 4: And now I don't think bab Munda's did himself a whole lot of favor of some of the decision making he was he was doing out there, But you know, just those two things could have changed the fight completely, right, So it was unfortunate. And for those you know, maybe the referees are the officials that are kind of watching the teape. Ah, maybe they should have seen it a little clear or mentioned something. I don't know, but and I don't know if if they have any power in doing that, because I think the referee in cage has to see something or think he sees something. But yeah, it was a lot of things went wrong for Bob wonders that night.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a shame, And I think the worst part of the story for me. First off, the ref.
Speaker 11: Was completely at at a position that might not have been his fault, but he he was on the opposite side.
Speaker 6: I don't think he could see anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the best angle because the cage.
Speaker 6: Is not the best angle for that. Yeah.
Speaker 11: But what the worst part to me is file a complaint and what's the Athletic Commission going to do about that?
Speaker 6: Want me to tell you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, there you go, absolutely fucking nothing. What purpose do you fucking served? You can't overturn a decision? I mean there's blatant stuff going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that that to me is for.
Speaker 11: Look, the ref's at a position, he doesn't see it, but then the fighter knows it, so finally complain.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, no, you're right that oftentimes those are fruitless, but I think in this case, I think it might.
Speaker 6: But why should it be fruitless? John?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not suggesting it.
Speaker 11: No, No, I know, no, I know, I'm not saying I'm not I'm just saying, but why it's right? No?
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's why in this particular case.
Speaker 11: Right, I mean, show me something, show me you can do your fucking job.
Speaker 6: How's that?
Speaker 11: Do your fucking job and analyze the tape and tell us what you think, because that'll be real interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm not sure that there is a fighter as roundly respected and appreciated by his peers as Michael Kissa. And there was such an outpouring of love for this man. And I have a relationship with his mom from The Ultimate Fighter Live back in twenty twelve, and I was able to send her a message after the win. And it's really been amazing to watch him go about this mixed martial arts career. When he lost his father during filming of The Ultimate Fighter Live back in twenty immediately tied him to this fan base and he's just been dripping with class every step of the way.
Speaker 7: And so to see a guy like.
Speaker 5: That in his damn hometown get like the actual perfect send off Kenny, just incredible.
Speaker 2: It was perfect.
Speaker 4: You know, a Kisa deserves all of it because he's one of those guys that never, you know, compromised his values or anything like that.
Speaker 2: He was never disrespectful towards people.
Speaker 4: He did everything the right way and as a professional through and through and.
Speaker 2: It was great to see him go out like that.
Speaker 4: Now it's not always like that, right, you know, not every fighter says goodbye on a win or in their hometown or in that manner. And that's about as perfect as it gets for Kisa, and it was great to see him go out like that.
Speaker 2: He's always been a really cool, down.
Speaker 4: To earth guy, humble guy, hard working dude, and you know, one of those guys who really had to kind of work for it.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a whole it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Blessed with a ton of you know, crazy physicality and talent and all that stuff. He worked for everything he got in the sport. And you know that that was an awesome performance for him, and I am very happy for him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, he's a guy John I liked From the first second I talked to him, I knew I would be, you know, friends with that guy forever. He's just a good dude, beautiful wife, met his mom back in that MacGregor incident, I believe, and.
Speaker 6: Just nice people. You got.
Speaker 11: I like when nice, nice things happen to nice people. And that's a perfect example of it. And again an example of a guy that never became champion, I had Korea and he's going to go on to be do great things in the broadcast stuff.
Speaker 6: And it's just a it's a feel good story, it really is.
Speaker 11: And the adversity he had to go through, I think everybody knows what pain neck could be like and uh just pats off to that guy's like again a class act. Since the second I met him.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of people were talking about Nico Price not getting a microphone.
Speaker 2: Has Nico retired?
Speaker 5: I was getting a lot of mentions on this on social media, and I was trying to remind fans that I was not actually there because they were saying that Annex screwed Nico Price. I was like, I'm with my fucking son, actually, but yeah, I don't know if we like I'm actually, you know, Hendrix Jin not watching kis alive.
Speaker 2: I'm with my son. But no, I don't know if Nego Price.
Speaker 5: Maybe some fans were suggesting he's stuck around and was hoping to maybe get an interview. I don't know, but I know a retirement package obviously was built for Michael Kiessa. But yes, we do, at least here want to acknowledge Nico Price. His contributions to the sport, and I've really enjoyed getting a no Nico price and always giving him a hard time about yes, whatever it is, you know, by the way, thrown Sport Coffee coming to Longo's Genil. Each gets one hundred and fifty milligrams a natural caffeine, natural sweeteners, and one hundred percent of your daily B vitamins. The lattes also packed ten grams of protein. Cold brewis are low sugar, a lot of dairy free options as well. I'm trying to premium charge cold brew vanilla bean today, which is dairy free for my lactose tolerance issues. Thrown Sport Coffee also NSF certified for sport. You can get it online at Amazon, Walmart, and their website directly Sport Coffee dot com. Thrown Sport Coffee, Get Going, Keep Going. You can get this at Cases, you can get it at Quick Trip Whole.
Speaker 2: Foods as well. Raymond, there he goes.
Speaker 5: But for you, as soon as I can get a free I'm gonna bring you eight fucking cases to you.
Speaker 6: Might well if I send somebody up to your house.
Speaker 5: That's fine, Then somebody to my house to pick up the coffee. That's fine, Cody sent me an email. Right, I didn't intend to go down this direction. Let's go four wide and welcome on Jason, and for this conversation, it's actually a perfect segue because he knows his entire business.
Speaker 6: The sane brother has joined us. Thank you dude.
Speaker 5: Well, so I'm I'm like, as soon as Ray got on the screen, he was like, there it.
Speaker 2: Is the UFC.
Speaker 5: How about that fucking fight card everybody? And I said that on one of my shows earlier, like all these fans, right, all this other hype around like the UFC. Yes, slow playing twenty twenty six, but like when we all see that blood like we love it and that finished one of the greatest finishes ever. But like Nico Price, let me just back up there for twenty one fight with Jeff.
Speaker 6: Wait, hold on, Jason, slow down.
Speaker 11: You're not You're not going to take John's job, but you're doing a great job. I hate to dirupt you, but keep telling sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying. I'm trying to learn everything like an interview.
Speaker 5: But like Nico Price and with the utmost respect to the promotion and everyone running like twenty one fights in the UFC fought a murderer's row like his whole career. I think he you know, I mean, like he'd lost six of seven, four straight.
Speaker 2: But like he said he.
Speaker 5: Was retiring, comes out to him coming home right, takes the gloves off lingers in the octagon. It wasn't like coming out of nowhere, and like one little moment would have been good for a guy who's made a lot of moments, maybe more for his opponent than himself.
Speaker 12: Over Yeah, yeah, and perhaps so this guy perhaps you looking at your notes, No, you know, I know again, I wasn't there, so I don't know if they knew that Nico was retiring.
Speaker 5: Anyway, that's probably neither of that's there. But anyway, so Cody sent me he just wiped us up. Cody sent me an estimate of this like broadcast kit to set up at.
Speaker 2: Longos Gym, like everything.
Speaker 5: We would need a fucking soundboard, the micro phones, everything else. And I'm thinking, you know, am I gonna pay for this for long goos m m A so I can show up there and haze these people once a month. It's less than two g's ray, I just haven't less.
Speaker 6: Than two gs. That's that's nothing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well it's not I don't It's not my chim.
Speaker 6: That's all right.
Speaker 5: I'll pay for the fucking studio, Chicken for the Chicken pat the Chicken pay for anything. I mean, you have said the Chicken Pound is going to sponsor the Ray Longo minute, and they've done nothing of the soil.
Speaker 6: I got it, I forgot. I have to find a sponsor. But in all series, we're getting that done.
Speaker 5: I got eight cases of throwing sport coffee and as soon as you have a reasonable Bros. Broadcast set up. I know Steve Lee is like the greatest manager in M M. A. Jim history, but like maybe he could help facilitate something.
Speaker 6: He's got all the equipment. You gotta check with Cody. We have Steve. Yeah, we had somebody bring down equipment.
Speaker 5: Hey John, why don't you just run point on the whole opos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, text you Ray. I got nothing else going on. Something else.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you guys about blood in mixed martial arts, right because Kenny Florian, who three times Challenge for UFC Gold, has been involved in a lot of bloody fights in his day. His fight against Sean Shirk one of the bloodiest in UFC history. Kenny was tasting blood for weeks upon weeks, and I think it's still actually in the tentacles of his eyes, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He also bludgeoned and bloodied Clay.
Speaker 5: Now, my twin brother Jason ray who is here and I'm gonna lead with Raymond on this, absolutely loves the blood in MMA. There are certain people who need to turn away. There are other people who can't deal with the broken bones. Most of the responses I got to this question about blood and Mma said, it's much easier for me to look at a blood soaked canvas then to have seen that Macy Barber replay several times over So, Ray when you see the canvas get painted with blood early and that's the visual for the rest of the night overall.
Speaker 7: How do you feel about spilt blood in m ms?
Speaker 6: Uh, not really different.
Speaker 11: I don't know part of the game, but it doesn't you know, you're not I'd rather look at the blood than the Macy Babit thing.
Speaker 6: You can probably in that category, you know. I think it's part of why don't I see it in the gym? I see it all over the place awaybe you just get used to it. It's nothing, nothing new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I guess you know, heading in there, it's it's kind of nasty. Like if if I'm not fighting, if I'm not in that mindset, I think it's gross.
Speaker 2: You know. Like I saw that.
Speaker 4: Huge patch of blood taking up, you know, one corner of the octagon. I'm like, damn, dude, Like that's a lot of staff right there.
Speaker 2: But uh, you know when you're.
Speaker 4: In there, when I'm just like, all right, well I'm here, there's nothing I could do, you know. I remember after that, after that shirt fight, I found I took two showers. I took one backstage, you know, after the fight, and I took another one when I got back to the hotel. Because that's how much blood I had, like in my hair caked, I like dreads of blood in my hair. The next morning, I woke up, I had blood in my eyelids. I had blood in my ears. I went to scratch my ear and blood was still there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is disgusting. I have another pig that's blood like this.
Speaker 4: You know, this could be beat but uh yeah, man, it's crazy, but it's a part of the sport. I don't like the dislocated or broken boats Like I don't like looking at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Chris's leg.
Speaker 6: What was like, I don't want to see.
Speaker 4: I'll see it once because I'm seeing it live and I don't want to see that again.
Speaker 2: It's nasty.
Speaker 5: See Kenny's a fighter, raise a coach, so there with John, but we're more fans like I love it all the fucking like Hematomas, like give me all of that dislocated limbs. And Nacho Nacio bamanas it was his blood. He's a friend of mine, some of a close friend of mine.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Interestingly enough, I always say I live in a fight home. I have daughters age nine and twelve. Fights are on. I turn it on for Nacho's fight, and I have to be like girls, all right that one Maybe girls can go to your dance in the other room.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, John, Yes exactly.
Speaker 5: So that's actually why I brought this question to social media was because I was watching the Nacho fight with my kids and my son couldn't turn away, you know, fascinated by all the redness, and my daughter Riley left the room. One comment here, Jay at screenplay, I don't like it, but I know it will sometimes happen. I was way more concerned with the amount of times viewers were shown an unconscious Macy Barber, not focusing, not being present. There are a lot of people also who talk about that there is a cleaning agent that you could use. Don't you think that if the UF could get all of that blood out of there in an instant that they would or No, Well, I think at one point DC on the broadcast or someone said, like a being someone coming in to the fights a little bit late, and you see this red canvas. It's absolutely incredible. I really like all of it. It's part of the drama of the sport. It's part of what these fighters risk going in there. But what I'll tell you about the Nacho fight that was really interesting is like, I'm screaming at my TV. I didn't see the fence grab. I wanted Nacho to keep this thing on the feet, you know, the whole time. So I'm screaming at the TV. And then the blood camps. It was a really unique moment in the home. But John, give me all the blood, even though it was Nacho's too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, John, I tell you years ago when I would take my fighters to my partner, Lou Nigli has place in Brooklyn. He had a ring with a white canvas just full of blood.
Speaker 1: It was like character like you write.
Speaker 11: You know, if a guy really wants to fight, you got to go into those dirty Not that his was dirty, but the boxing gyms were brutal.
Speaker 6: They would dirty as.
Speaker 11: Hell, and that you almost tested if your guy really had the stomach to fight, just by getting him in there at a long time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, grapes and your cuts in there make it strong.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Yeah, I mean I got I got fans saying yep, john ANX the pussy for even asking this question, And that's what that's true.
Speaker 2: That could be true as well, that is yeah, No.
Speaker 5: I mean, I definitely have some tendencies that would probably classify me as a right. Would you rather answer a few more questions or go to the gym?
Speaker 11: I gotta get out of it, But let me just say a couple of things before I go. First off, hats off to Demetrius Johnson that that was awesome.
Speaker 6: What the UFC did? I want? I don't want that to go. I think that guy.
Speaker 11: By far the best that put everything together even a while ago, you know, and he goes back a little bit, you know, and we don't even see that today.
Speaker 6: As much. But hats off the Demetrius Johnson. I thought the UFC knocked it out of the park. They did the right thing.
Speaker 11: Was great to see, Uh, Adrian Janna's total fucking screw man.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't I don't know. I mean, why would you do that today? Kid man? What a beautiful fight.
Speaker 11: He fort like he fought a really intelligent, smart fight after being out for a while. I just that shit just drives me fucking crazy that these guys have no idea.
Speaker 6: I mean this Wholetown's decision is hometown decisions. Then there's that, you know.
Speaker 5: But Rickney Simone I thought almost got saved by the bell horn, which you're not supposed to be able to be saved by. You know, he was able to get his wits about him. I was thinking about Ricky Simone and Rob Wallace Willy back in the y.
Speaker 6: That guy's been gifted to victories or ties or what for.
Speaker 11: He got lucky. But anyway, I've had to walk to Adrian hang in there. I think he's a great fighter. Was great to see him get back on track. Unfortunately he's got to put up with this bullshit now, but hopefully he gets through it and last, but not least, before I go. Everybody watched Poomi's fight Puomi the Cooder. Another outstanding performance. Go to Uriah Hall's a one combat watched fight.
Speaker 2: When is that you're out of favor?
Speaker 6: Yeah? That was Friday night.
Speaker 2: Oh it just happened. This pastor is yeah.
Speaker 6: Really, congrats to him. Another vigua happened. The kids got five belts?
Speaker 7: What happened on Friday Nights? We won the A one belt?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How did you win? Decision finished?
Speaker 6: He did one by the decision, but he was going for He did knock them down a couple.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just I I hate usually I'm on top of my I'm not. I'm sitting here looking at ray.
Speaker 5: Would you rather have five beastings at once or twenty five?
Speaker 2: Mosquito? And I didn't even know the poony fought, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I love Poomie. I'm president of the goddamned Bank Club and I didn't even know it.
Speaker 6: Five belts, five Yeah, five belts.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you on the eleventh bet belt, he'll get into the US.
Speaker 6: I got to run, I gotta get out of it. But I love you guys. Jason loved to Handdode.
Speaker 10: Can you keep that?
Speaker 6: Can you keep your brother in check? Please? Nope? Is that possible?
Speaker 2: Impossible? Much love, Raymond, I'll talk to you.
Speaker 5: Ray Long comitted every week here on the Anakin Flooring Podcast. We pushed Ray back a few minutes for Platinum Mike Perry, So yeah, he touched on a few different things quickly. I guess if we could just spend a minute here. We had Demitrius Johnson on the Ankin Flooring Podcast a few weeks ago. George Saint Pierre and Demetrius Johnson, I think are the only two names that are on every unanimous MMA Mount Rushmore, Kenny. Some people don't include John Jones and Anderson Silva because of some extracurricular transgressions.
Speaker 7: Right, but DJ Man.
Speaker 5: Right, for a lot of people, this is the greatest MMA fighter of all time, and there's certainly a case to be made, and he's going into the UFC Hall of Fame this summer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely brilliant mixed martial artist who was able to do it all and do it all at an extremely high level, and when he was at his best, there was no competition for him. He was just that good. So and I think that you know, if you were a smart mixed martial artist coming up, that was the guy that you were studying to learn from of how to put it all together. He was constantly in search of getting better. And yeah, one of the greatest mixed martial artists that I have ever seen. Uh And it was great to see him get inducted. Man absolutely deserved and to see that big smile on his face and him there with his beautiful family was super super cool man Jay.
Speaker 5: One of the best things to happen to the UFC in twenty twenty six has been the twenty five thousand dollars finish bonus. So at least for fighters like case O'Neil and Terence McKinny, maybe you're not sitting in the back hoping that a bunch of decisions follow your fight. And every fight on the main car was obviously a finish right Terrence McKinny in twenty four seconds, Casey O'Neil huge win in three minutes and eleven seconds. But the one hundred thousand dollars bonuses go to Joe Piper and Alexa Grosso. Your boy Nacho gets one hundred thousand dollars bonus. Perhaps that softens the blow a little bit as his faith does. You know what, though, It's interesting because I talked a lot about this earlier on a show about Ignacio Bob Mundes John and not in the context of your sort of statement about it's a two year set back if you lose in a championship opportunities there because Nacho wasn't there, But he loses to Physiv back in July, and now he loses here regardless of circumstance, fence grab, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: So now it's back to back losses for Nacho.
Speaker 5: For a guy in Bala Muhammad's camp, you know, Bloso, his mentor that he wants to sort of you know, on a championship trajectory perhaps or championship track, trying to do that at one fifty five with back to back losses, how many fights does he have to win now to win to day?
Speaker 2: We have five straight fights to sniff a champions or whatever I mean.
Speaker 5: So now a guy who's on the cusp of the rankings or whatever it is, takes a fight against.
Speaker 2: Phaziv and Physige's backyard.
Speaker 5: If Physiv was fucking ready that night, right, and and now this result as a minus three hundred favorite or whatever it is. It's a really tough result, regardless of one hundred grand in the bank for his second kid just arrived. Yeah, Kenny, that's really an interesting point, right that what you think about out he got the absolute best of Rafael Fhazeve and Azerbaijan, and maybe he doesn't beat physique more than once or twice out of ten times. But a very challenging stylistic matchup four Nacho and then this, right, it might take him five wins just to get back to the top fifteen.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, this division is absolutely insane, and you know, timing is everything. Fighting the guys at the right time or the wrong time, you know, is a difficult thing in this sport and it can change a lot of things. So yeah, unfortunate result there for Ignacio. And again I just keep going back to those damn files during the fight. But he'll be back.
Speaker 5: He'll be back, yeah, John, And I just have to say I watch most of the show, but Alexa fucking h Rosso, Like, I just have to say, right, and I said earlier on a program I was like, interestingly enough in her career, I feel like at certain times she's been slightly overrated and at times been massively underrated, you know what I mean in a weird way, and like the three fights with Schevchenko, it's just been sort of an inching career. But the ferocity with which she finished that fight, you know, as an underdog right back in the championship mix, as I see her sitting next and doing in the broadcasting booth like bowed across.
Speaker 2: I mean like I'm just blown away at that performance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what that want. And yeah, I mean back in a big way. Doesn't even begin to describe it. And not as though her legacy Jay needed validation, but look who she just beat as an underdog, Macy Barber won seven consecutive fights, and to beat her like that, my word. Thanks everybody with a slive for the anticonforming podcast here, powered by all the smoke fights. We do have to spin things forward to that end. Draftking Sportsbook, the number one sports book for live betting, is built for the month of match, not just for the UFC, but the tournament, which you know is unexpected. It is down to its last four. The rewards are guaranteed. Draftking sports Book delivering the most generous rewards in the market. Actually with DraftKings, You're not betting what might happen, You're betting what's happening. Perhaps you were on Yukon Live yesterday when they were down nineteen. If you are new to DraftKings, not to worry. How about this. You bet just five dollars, you get two hundred in bonus bets instantly. All you need to download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and use code af pod. That's code af Podit turned five bucks into two hundred bonus bets instantly. In partnership with DraftKings. The crown is yours gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one eight hundred My reset New York call eight seven to seven eight hope en wyre text hope en Why Connecticut call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org. I'll behalf a boothill casino in Kansas. Wager tax pass through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus in most states voted. Ontario restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see Sportsbook dot draftings dot com, slash promos, limited time off all right UFC Fight Night in Moykano versus Duncan beckins this weekend, Kenny.
Speaker 7: The first pick of three on the main card is it banhamweight.
Speaker 5: And I'm having a hard time pronouncing not ethan Ewing but Halfayel s Stavam or stay bomb or s day bond or stay bomb. So I don't know, guys, if it's b's or bees or n's or ends. I have the file for you, but it's ethan Ewing minus one forty eight and the Brazilian Halfayel StEB bomb is plus one twenty four. Cody, you can you can trigger that file at any time.
Speaker 10: My name is Halfayel, Makupa is Stibham.
Speaker 2: My name is half a l.
Speaker 4: Makupa is Stibham, StEB them, StEB them.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 5: So this would be a situation where I would voice that feature for the UFC and then almost follow it up with like, hey, these are my phonetics, just so you know, because I've listed the file one hundred times. Anyway, ethan Ewing's minus one forty eight and the opponent plus one twenty four. Part of the reason we're picking this fight is because we're wildly curious to see exactly what Ethan Ewing is. I mean, he started his pro career zero and two, he's won nine in a row, steps up on the shortest of notice to beat Malcolm well Maker at Madison Square Garden, Kenny. He's less than minus one fifty this weekend.
Speaker 6: Your thoughts.
Speaker 2: See, I'm still disturbed by the spelling of Ethan. I don't like it. I don't like that spelling. But no, this kid can fight. Man, he really can't fight.
Speaker 4: You know, he looks like he's older, but he's only twenty eight years old. But you know, has a bunch of finishes out of those nine wins.
Speaker 2: And the way he puts it all together.
Speaker 4: We were just talking about Demetrius Johnson and how he puts it all together. Ethan Ewing knows how to do that as well. I think he's a sophisticated striker, really knows how to make you miss and then he counters with not just one shot, two three, four strikes are coming at you right after that. And the way that he beat well Maker, I think is what makes it so impressive. He is a sophisticated striker, He is an intelligent fighter, and I think that, Uh, he's got to be careful on the ground with Istebam. But because Stepham's so good at taking the back, he puts that body lock, knows how to control and beat you up from that position and slows you down. So for me, I think it comes down to you Ing stopping the takedowns, keeping him at a distance, and continuing to fire away with those combinations and take away the confidence.
Speaker 2: Early of the Brazilian fighter. But I like Ethan in the spot man.
Speaker 4: I think he's a fantastic fighter and maybe doesn't have the same kind of record as this very good fighter from Novouno.
Speaker 2: But I like you Jay.
Speaker 5: I can see the headline on MMA junking. Kenny Florian says Ethan Ewing has an old face, right, I mean saying that he's got an old face, right, that he doesn't look twenty eight. You know, it's like with that am at the end, it feels like people that's a Valentine's Day with an M instead of an MM. Is Kenny mispronouncing this guy's name? Hey, I you know, I never like betting against a guy who's undefeated, but it'll be interesting to see if this is one of the bets when Kenny does place your bets, because I have a feeling it won't be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Stebam is fourteen to oh three and zero in the UFC, but if tapology is accurate, he did missweight in two of those three UFC wins. All right co main event as showweight seventh rank Tabitha be Ricci baby Shark minus one fifteen number three Viena kakaraj Doba minus one oh five reaches won three or four Ken Flow enters this spot following the biggest win of her career stoppage of the Man of Hebas last July, and Abu Dabi now taking on the recent world title challenger Kaka ra.
Speaker 2: Vena Chingi Dova. Ken Flow go Ahead.
Speaker 4: This was a tricky one for me, and I felt like it got more confusing when it went back and watched their fights.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who the hell is gonna win this?
Speaker 4: You know, Gingidoba I think is probably the better grappler overall.
Speaker 2: I think where she.
Speaker 4: May struggle, however, is with her takedown game. Ricci has, you know, a lot of momentum going her way right now. I think she's gaining confidence as a result. I think she's certainly gonna be the better striker, the sharper striker. She just can't let the pressure of Gingidoba get to her, you know, because you know Genidoba's going to try to back her up, try to bullyer, you know, make the fight, you know, a close one, try to get up against the cage, all that stuff and.
Speaker 2: Make it ugly.
Speaker 4: But Ricchie's good on the ground as well. I don't know if she's as good as Gingidoba, but I do like her overall here. I think that, you know, this momentum has served her well. I think that she's going to be the faster, better striker. But I think it all comes down to how good her wrestling defense is if it holds up.
Speaker 2: I like her in this spot to win by decision. Jay.
Speaker 5: Someone in the comments said, you look like former Massachusetts Governor John Carry and.
Speaker 2: I can't come back from that now.
Speaker 5: I know it's the funnies shit ever, because my hair is a little long and either shaded, and I'm almost fucking fifty.
Speaker 6: It's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, John, for those of you that don't know, and Cody, you could chase a fucking image, right, lazy bet m that's fucking hilarious, and I just don't even know what to say. It's like it's like it's I'm kind of offend, but it's kind of compliment. You know, I'm offended. As your twin brother. I'm gonna go follow lazy bed m m a as you should. But hey, I will Governor John Kerry. But yeah, Jay, like you need to go see Barbara to the Stars, Johnny like yesterday.
Speaker 2: Huh, well you don't.
Speaker 5: We got a busy week next week with the PG have playoff and fucking dirty boxing. There are hats that team I could get a little bro No, I'm talking for our bar Mitzvah or benet mitzvah. The theme right like you have a theme was hats you're just gonna put it. I can put this fucking Drake may helmet on that you gave me.
Speaker 2: I'd like you to maybe for you know, I will put one.
Speaker 5: Thousand dollars at play and place your bets, but quickly on this comine event because that happens to be part of what I'll get into later. I just again, I like the younger fighter, sort of someone who I believe is on their way up the mountain, versus someone who I think is on the other side, and anyone who would listen.
Speaker 2: I don't bet MMA, but anyone who would listen to me.
Speaker 5: Last week in Vegas for PGF, I said, I'm looking at Joe Pifer plus money here. Look Israel very well could have won the fight with leg kick. Maybe keep kicking the leg. But I love Richie the spot coming off that knockout against that man a he bus last him out. I just Jenji Doba had write the opportunity last time out but lost to Mackenzie Dern. I just thirty seven years old versus thirty one. Ricchi's sort of very been with Callum Walsh for a long time, who's very much embedded in this whole UFC world. I just think Tabitha that's the right time for her and a pick them fight. I like her quite a bit. Couldn't find a prop by decision, Kenny, I hear you there. I just I don't you know. I would think Jenji Domba would need to submit Richie and I don't see that happen. Yeah, Jay, you were certainly on Joe Pifer. He wouldn't leave me alone on Saturday, right, I'm writ and back like yeah, I just think is he sort of back up against the proverbial wall.
Speaker 7: I expect his best. I love Pifer two.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to tell you in Jay's just like Pifer plus money due What am I missing?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 5: Let us get to the main event at lightweight hits two American Top Team fighters against one another. Chris Duncan minus one ninety two, tenth ranked Hanato Moikano is plus one sixty. Kenny Moykano gets the red quarter. He has dropped two in a row since the four fight Serge Short Notice title fight against Islama Kasha, more recently the lost to Banil Daryush. Now he draws the streaking Scott Chris Duncan, who has his own four fight winning streak in to who do you love?
Speaker 2: In the main event ken.
Speaker 4: Play Yeah, two team two eighths going at it. Both very good grapplers. You know, I think that Moykano has faced the tougher competition, no question about that. As you go back and watch their fights, has some really good wins. And you know, I think that where he may suffer in this fight is with the athleticism of Duncan. I think Duncan's the better athlete, and I think that matters because I think Moykano's best chance at winning this fight, although he's got some power, is on the ground if he's able to take Duncan down, and I think he can do that, and I think he'll be a major problem. We saw what he did against Ben Wall, said Deny, when he gets on top, I mean he he's.
Speaker 2: A very good grappler.
Speaker 4: I just think against Duncan, taking him down, keeping the position there, I think is gonna be tough. I think he's gonna be slower than Duncan, which can post some problems for him. So I like Duncan here, and this guy has proven his toughness time and time again. I don't think he wants to brawl too much with someone like moy Kano, but if he needs to, I like his chances there as well.
Speaker 7: All right, Ja, do you have anything on the main event or can I get to play Schurettes?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Get yeah, let's move it on.
Speaker 7: I guess you're probably gonna place a bit.
Speaker 5: But I like my guy money Moi Kano, So a little bias there, yeah, or bias that's why I didn't see you all right place schab Betts brought you by John Anick dot com where we are closing the merchandise store. So promo code UFC three twenty seven we'll get you twenty percent off through that live event on April eleventh. The store will be open at John Anick dot com. We do have future plans on the merchandise front rest assured, but that store will be closing. And thanks to everybody who continues to subscribe to the Anticmploring podcast channel. That is the best way to support the show. We thank you for that. You can also subscribe to All the Smoke Fight. We thank you in advance advance.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna update the results. So Kenny was up two American dollars and three cents going. So you did hit on Alexa Grosso at plus one forty five. You lost a straight on Ignacio Oba Mondez, no action on the Ricky Simone Mansoor Abdul Malick was a loss, and the straight on Israelia SIGNI was a lot. Not too much damage sustained. Minus three oh seven ninety seven is your year to date figure. Jason Anik has not been betting every card. He is plus eight hundred dollars on the year Ken Flow, you get one thousand bucks UFC Fight Night Mooykanto versus Duncan.
Speaker 7: The floor is yours.
Speaker 2: I got a little surprise for you, Jay. I'm gonna go ewing here.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go three hundred buckeroos on Ethan Ewing if when ewing and Uh, I.
Speaker 2: Give you another seven hundred on our girl, Tabitha Ricci.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Kenny, It'll be interesting to see who tails you. I'm not necessarily relevant, but my I was gonna put a whole thousand on Tabitha Ricci.
Speaker 2: Wow. But ultimately I'm gonna look at some props.
Speaker 5: Tabitha by decision I couldn't find an odd but Ricci by decision I think jen Gi Dopa is tough enough not to necessarily get put out in three rounds, so you'll get a more favorable number than the minus one fifteen if you look at by decision. I also might peek at Tabitha with a later round knockout, perhaps like the third round knock or whatever. But I just loved Tabitha Ricci in this spot despite being a fan of John g.
Speaker 2: Doba and John, thank you for not playing the file and.
Speaker 7: Cody, can you probably play the file again, because.
Speaker 5: Wait, are you asking him to No, I'm shocked. You're like a Cody since was fighting this.
Speaker 2: Don't funk out of here, and I'm repping the Wolf. I'm repping my guy Wolf.
Speaker 5: Okay, Rob Perez, Dirty Boxing April tenth, and those were anyone who's going to be in Miami though for the UFC three twenty seven on April eleventh, Dirty Boxing in Miami the night before, tickets won't be as expensive as they will for the UFC James L.
Speaker 2: Knight Center.
Speaker 5: Whatever come through anyway, nicely done, We will see that.
Speaker 2: For John must be for you. I didn't call for it. I didn't put it in the rundown, Jane. Nicely done.
Speaker 5: And yes, those propositions on ten Tabatha Ricci oftentimes not available until later in the week. We tape on a Monday, so uh a thousand bucks on Reach. We'll see how it goes. Jay, Uh go get a haircut.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say Jay's been hot, so that gives me a little more confidence on my Ricci picks.
Speaker 7: He has had a good You still can't afford a haircut.
Speaker 2: But I think I'm gonna get better hair the top.
Speaker 5: That's all right now that you fix it a little bit, but better than John because.
Speaker 2: You have so many female viewers.
Speaker 5: Right, get the fuck out of here, Mail, Yeah, you know you're kicked me out to your little clothes, you know, go ahead, kick.
Speaker 2: Me out and do a little fucking side by side.
Speaker 7: Right, Cody, can you get him out of here?
Speaker 5: Thank you Jay at Boston and on Instagram if you want more of that noise. Thank you to our guest today Joe Pifer, Platinum, Mike Perry, Ray Longo, Jason Andik. Thanks to our producer Cody Merrill, the great Nathan Ronson and everybody else behind the scenes at all the smoke fight. Thank you all for applying to be our intern no thank you all for subscribe to the Attica Florian podcast. We will run the internships weep stakes back, but that is a story for another day. We will be back with you on Wednesday, April eighth. That will be the date upon which we bring you our UFC three twenty seven preview two title fights going down in Miami, and we look forward to bringing all of that your way. With that for Kenny Flora and everybody behind the scenes, John, I am saying so long for now we will talk to you in about eight days. Until then, I have a great day and a better evening. Go get yourself a big Mac.
Speaker 2: You'll later