Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the week with Morgan. It's Listener Q and daytime.
Speaker 2: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions over here on the listener Q and A. Amy is with me.
Speaker 1: Hey, Amy, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: Not that we've moved, but we are now in part three, we start out with some shout outs. Just wanted to say I really enjoy the best Bits as much as I love the show. Kathy from Boston, thank you so much for listening. Kathy, That's awesome. I love the ladies of the BBS.
Speaker 1: That's from MLZ. We love you back.
Speaker 2: Two super kind and strong ladies. Sherry from Arkansas and Harks. He didn't give me his full thing, but his instagram is harks Rob comcast neet.
Speaker 1: He said, how are you both so beautiful?
Speaker 3: Oh? I don't, thanks Rob.
Speaker 2: So start out with some shout outs. It's way to make us feel good.
Speaker 1: How has the co parenting been going for you lately?
Speaker 2: Karen and Sierra both asked.
Speaker 1: About this good.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I think good. We've had a few new things to navigate now that Been is dating but or has not just dating. He has a girlfriend because he's been dating but having one specific long relationship, and so there's new things to navigate with that that I didn't really think about, and I think I've had to surrender some of my expectations, which has been hard, but also totally okay. I have more peace about it because that's there. He's creating a new life, and it's not that I'm like, oh, I need to be a part of your life. I just I don't know. We'll see how it all unfolds. I'm very happy for him, and he's just created new conversations and new scenarios and situations that we've never had to discuss before. And I'm not saying I've always handled it the best, just because i'm, you know, trying to figure out your kids are spending time with somebody new and trusting that the other person has, you know, made a good choice, and whoever the partner is. I'm speaking as a whole. I'm not even just talking about Ben. I'm talking about so many people that are going through this right now. And even as you, like, as I start to date, knowing that who I'm dating, if they're going to be around my kids, how are they showing up and do they care about them?
Speaker 1: Gosh, it's so tough.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like dating was so hard for me just as a single person, but I cannot imagine you're also considering your kids going through that whole process at the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been so thankful that Ben in his relationship, has been very thoughtful of that with the kids, and he is with someone that is very thoughtful with the kids, and so in that I'm thankful. But when you when you don't know you're at the beginning, it's you're little like, okay, well, you know, and our kids being adopted and people in and out of their lives. You know, you just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: There's consistability as much as you can.
Speaker 3: Or like how close are we going to get with this person? And then how serious are things? But then that's a boundary for me to cross if I'm trying to understand how serious something is, and maybe not for everybody, but for Ben doesn't have to tell me that. So that's been interesting to navigate. I guess I've just yeah new things, and I know that he'll have new things when if I bring someone into the mix. But the cool part is somebody had to go first, and we've gone first with him, and I think we learned a lot, so hopefully we kind of know.
Speaker 1: How to navigate.
Speaker 3: Navigate you if a man is coming into the kid's life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which you know what, I hope it does at some point when you're ready and when life happens, I hope it does for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I'm thankful for been being in a good relationship with someone good and then you know TVD on Me.
Speaker 2: TVD Chrissy wants a Harry menopause.
Speaker 1: In testosterone Update, how are things?
Speaker 3: The testosterone has definitely helped the brain fog for sure. I put it on the back of my knee every day, two pumps, I do the cream. And the question I get the most when I have talked about it online is how do I get that? Do you have to get a prescription? Can I just go buy testosterone cream? And it's a prescription. So you also need to know what dose you need, like do you need one pump? Do you need two pumps? Do you need three?
Speaker 1: And how did you figure that out? Is just like through a obgy.
Speaker 3: I went and got blood work done at my doctor and realized I had wherever women are supposed to be with testosterone, even like the lowest part that's acceptable for women to have. I was below that, so I was like, oh, okay, well, I guess I need some. And at the time, it was really struggling with brain fog and just thought it was me or something going Obviously it was something going on with me, but you know, I would have never associated it with testosterone. I just thought it was something going on in my brain.
Speaker 1: It's wild how.
Speaker 2: Our body reacts to things happening going on and putting the pieces together. It's like our body's this giant puzzle that were constantly trying to navigate right.
Speaker 3: And I was just lacking in that hormone. And once I gave it that hormone, it started responding more appropriately. So the brain fog is better, so I recommend it. But some people love the pellets, some people love the cream. I know that there's this. I think there's another option. I've had people tell me about and I can't remember what the oh, something they were putting under their tongue and it was dissolving. My doctor never said that was an option. She only gave me the pellet and the cream option, and I opted for the cream, and I'm for me that's worked. But everybody's body is so different. So yeah, if you can get the blood work done and figure out what you need. And when you're in your forties, just so much changes. Lots of things change, and yeah, stuff with my cycle. I mean, this might be Tami, because who's the guy that give us the confliment? We have got some guys listening, but you're the my hmm, some hot flashes and my hormones, Like I feel like I have to check my for lack of a better word, rage more often, like I have to be in check with it. But I try to pay attention, and I try to be proactive and do things like to take care of myself so that it doesn't at least your right don't snap and scream or something.
Speaker 1: That's so hard.
Speaker 2: That's so hard to recognize that and stop that before it happened.
Speaker 3: And when you're in the comfort of your own home, it's like, well, I have to get out here, because clearly I can control it and behave at work or in public settings, but sometimes at home, like a it'll just come over me and I feel like a animal or something like I'm like, what is happening, which I mean happening.
Speaker 2: Like we see all those stories of people, especially like women, when they're having this huge moment and it's in public.
Speaker 1: You're like, what is going on? Maybe that's what's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I have a lot of compassion for now women. It so perimenopause can often start anywhere from thirty five to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I have five more years. Cool. Well it's different for everybody. That's that's the thing. But like if I'm you know, look at.
Speaker 2: It from an outside picture, like, cool, I got five more years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I have a period like all the time. Not all the time, but it feels like I'm just always it just comes and goes and then comes and I'm like, what is happening?
Speaker 1: You're like, this is not cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and my opgo is like, welcome to this is just how your body's responding. But she did give me comfort and that a lot of times people try to fix this. Obviously, you need to regulate hormones if you can, and take care of yourself and do things to serve yourself during this season. And I'm just at the beginning, so I've even gotten to feel like the really difficult part, but also have grace for yourself and no, nut, you're not broken. Nothing's wrong with you. This is quite literally what your body's supposed to be doing. It's doing what it's supposed to be doing. And then the testosterone has nothing to do with my perimenopause.
Speaker 1: They're separate, got it.
Speaker 3: So just offering that reminder of having grace for yourself and compassion because your body's doing what it's supposed to.
Speaker 1: Do, well, that's so wild.
Speaker 3: That's the next time you scream at your house, be like, it's cool, I have grace side compassion.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's okay, I can go through this. It's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just yeah, definitely make sure to do it at your house. Maybe not in public at other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you no can.
Speaker 3: I think I've talked about this with for like going outside and throwing ice cubes and on my back porch. I saw on TikTok this one girl goes into her bathroom and she has a bowl of ice and she just throws the ice into her bathtub.
Speaker 1: I would be scared.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know the bathtub's durable, but I would want to miss and like crack something. And I know that it's ice, but I mean I can throw it pretty hard. So that's why I felt safe doing it outside, but in case you have neighbors and you're not like able to do that. I did see the bathroom hack for getting out some you know, just feelings or whatever's happening to you.
Speaker 1: I like it. That's a good life hack. What'll be you right back?
Speaker 2: All right? This is from Kayla. How does your sister feel about you moving from the house she had just designed a room before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she feels totally supportive and fine. She knows that that house holds a lot of heavy memories and I could have stayed in the home, and that's not one hundred percent why I'm moved at all. But and the reason why she came to decorate that room is because it was the room that my dad was in and she wanted to give it a new vibe because you know, that's where I last really like spoke to him before he passed away. And then there's other heaviness in that house too, from other things, and I just I feel okay releasing it. Of course we had the energy had flipped and it felt good. But it also feels really good to be moving. And so she's excited for me to have a new start and a fresh start and we're downsizing, and it's gonna be more quaint, which I've always liked, and closer proximity to my kids and now all these people I'm in teens I want to have over at my house all the time. So she's excited for that, and she's coming in town to help me put the house together. So we'll just transfer everything Justice pick it up the movers. Well, there's a little room that's very similar, and we're just gonna redo the whole thing. I mean it, not the Unfortunately, the walls probably won't happen. That was one of my favorite things that she did, her and her husband did at that house. I probably won't repeat that here. But we'll lay the rug down, put the chairs down, put the lamps up, that the ca Bueno sign up that she had made, and it'll feel like the same room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's excited.
Speaker 3: She's literally coming to town the week that I moved to help me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait to see it all. It's going to come together. So well, okay, this is coming. And I didn't include her name just in case. My parents just told me they're getting a divorce. I'm a young adult. Any advice, I.
Speaker 3: Think that divorce really can impact adults. I experienced it as a child. I sort of feel like I experienced twice because my parents. My dad left when I was nine, and my parents were not together. My dad had another relationship. They lived together. It's basically they were husband and wife. But then at eighteen, my parents legally got divorced, and then my dad had a wedding and married his live in girlfriend. So my best friend from high school and I were talking about this when she was in town. She came to Nashville for my birthday in March, and she was like, remember your dad's wedding, Like, you did not handle that well. I had to leave early, and I think it's because I knew that my parents had just signed their divorce papers like the week before, and it's like they were waiting till I turned eighteen or something. I don't know it was. I don't know why they handled it the way that they did, but they chose to, and my mom sort of at that moment. I think if my dad would have said, Hay'm coming back, she would have taken him back. So she was sort of waiting, and I lived in this confusion, even though I'd go over to my dad's and be like, well, there's my dad in cricket, And then I'd be at my mom's and she's single and not dating because she'd take my dad back. And so for me, I experienced it at nine years old, and then I experienced it at eighteen. And I have other friends I know have experienced it in their twenties. And you would think, well, you had your parents together through your whole childhood and you know, high school, college, like, maybe it won't impact you as much, and it still really does. So I would say pay attention to that. Talk to somebody if you can, do you have friends you can talk to, Can you get into some therapy to get ahead of things. So I think there's just a lot of confusion that could come up because you've looked at your parents a certain way for twenty whatever years, and then now the whole dynamic is changing, and you're grieving maybe the future you thought you were going to have with your family, and just having compassion and grace for your parents, knowing they're doing the best that they can, at least, I would assume, and that they're not trying to hurt you. At least that's what I have to remind myself all the time with Sasha and Stevenson and Ben and I getting a divorce last year. But I'm definitely not a divorce expert. I can I don't know what my kids are really feeling. They seem to be a dusting well. But I did see Tim Fletcher, really, this is his name. He's a He's on Theovonne's podcast and he was talking about new research. I don't know how new, but the divorce is affecting children more than we have thought and more than we've let onto. So I think as the parents divorcing, we need to be more proactive and making sure that we have the tools and the resources to support our kids and ourselves during that time. And then as young adults, since you are able and you are grown, you know. In you're a kid, you don't know, you don't You only have access to what you have access to. But as a young adult, you're asking the right questions. You've sent us a question. I'm not an expert. I can just share with you that you have the ability to try to get in contact with help, and I say the to try, because I don't know everybody's financial situation. Therapy can be expensive but maybe looking at where you're investing other things, can you shift it around, because I think this is a critical moment for you to make sure that you handle it well and that will serve you down the line so that it doesn't explode on you when you're in your thirties and you're you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, you never probablyss your own relationships and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I hope that helps. I'm really sorry to hear that about your parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that was really great advice. We're gonna go from that and take one more break. We'll be right back, all right, rapid fire. We're coming at you with four questions.
Speaker 1: You ready, ready?
Speaker 2: If you could have your own line of something, what would you choose?
Speaker 1: Cookies? Cookies? Yeah, I was gonna say food too. I don't really know what that food would be, but it would definitely be a food.
Speaker 3: If I want my own line of cookies, that's like everything in the kitchen sak, like the cookie that's like the salty sweet cookie with the chips and the yeah. Yeah, like everything in and everything except for no no raisins and no nuts. Come on, no no raisins, no nuts. Did by everything? I mean not that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm with you. I think I might be like a cheese. I love my own line of cheese because I really like me too.
Speaker 2: Well, it has been the best part about life recently. Kirsten from Canada, Well.
Speaker 3: And I saw the cardinal as much as the guys made fun of me. I saw a cardinal when I went to an open house and I wasn't planning on even selling my house. I just decided to randomly go one day and I saw a cardinal and it was my mom, and she gave me a message of peace, like I felt it in my body. A piece that came over me when I saw this cardinal and just an you know, a piece that was saying, sell your house. Everything's going to be fine. Sell your house, Everything's gonna be fine. And I didn't have that piece prior to seeing the bird. I wasn't even really for sure thinking about selling my house at all. I just saw the open house randomly and Caitlin and I decided to go. And so that is that's like pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And now you've sold your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean in the way it all happened, it's there's no way now. I totally believe that's cuckoo as it sounds, You're not. She gave me that piece in that moment, and I had to listen to it, and I had to act. And I listened and I acted and it boom boom boom, you know, And not to say that something like that is easy. And there's certainly been some hiccups. But even with the hiccups, I feel peace.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you're not cuckoo. Okay, I think it's great. It's a great sign.
Speaker 2: Mine would be. There's a lot of love in my life right now, lots of weddings, lots of things happening for all the people very close to me, and I'm just very excited for everybody.
Speaker 1: So a lot of love happening.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite colors from Heather, whose favorite color is seafood green?
Speaker 3: Whose favorite color is that?
Speaker 2: Heather the listener, Heather, Oh, her favorite color is see sea phone.
Speaker 1: Did I say seafood green?
Speaker 2: It recorrected, it corrected it on my screens seafood green, seafhone green.
Speaker 3: Well now it's navy and denam like a blue. Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 1: I think mine is magenta.
Speaker 2: My still one is teal, but magenta has also come into play.
Speaker 1: I really love Magenta. It's all my nails right now.
Speaker 2: And any summer trips for either of you Alyssa and Illinois and Mazie from.
Speaker 3: Austin don't know yet because I'm moving and that's the priority. So I just like gotta get moved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's TVD on that, Okay, mine is no because I'm in a well. I have trips, but they're literally all weddings, bachelrette parties, everything. My whole vacation this year has been taken over by that. So I'm going to Michigan for the first time. That's for a bachelorette trip, and then I go to Kinsas City here for a wedding and back home.
Speaker 1: So yes, you have some travel.
Speaker 2: You're good travel.
Speaker 1: It's just not travel for me. It's travel for everything else. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: We tell people where they can find to hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: At Radio Amy Uh and podcast is four Things with Amy Brown. So those are some easy ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: And you can follow me at web girld Morgan and please follow the show, check out some content at Bobby Bones dot com and.
Speaker 1: At Bobby Boone Show. We'll see y'all later. Have a great weekend. Bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 1: Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby.
Speaker 3: Show and follow at web
Speaker 2: Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.