Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, twenty seven, Episode five of Dirt Daily production of My Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it is Friday, March first, What twenty twenty four? It is? It happened. It finally happened.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought February was just gonna keep going. I thought I was fine with February thirtieth. Wow March for Wow is a lot of okay. So let me just take a deep breath. Because it's National Sunkest Citrus Date, Self Injury Awareness Day, National Minnesota Day, National Dress and Blue Day, National Speech and Debate Education Day, National Dad Gum, That's good Day, National Employee Appreciation Day, Global Day of Unplugging, National Readacross America Day, National Horse Protection Day, National Fruit Compote Day Day. Wait, there's more, National Pig Day and National Peanut Butter Lover's Day. It is Wow March versus like they were holding their breath before.
Speaker 1: Little Congeste all out at once.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Oh, I wonder if that's why Schoolboy Q put out his album today because it's National Dress and Blue Day. That would make sense, Like maybe, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like school boy Q is not like checking for the national I mean, it's not like Secretary's Day. Fellas, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's such a crypt that I feel like he was like, man, I'm pluting blue lips out on national dress and Blue Day.
Speaker 1: I don't know his national dress and Blue Day organized by the cryps.
Speaker 2: Though no I would know. Image looks like a bunch of people in a retirement community wearing different shades of blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Oh, it's about it's about racing colon cancer awareness.
Speaker 1: Okay, this now very important.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and that is an epidemic that is striking the country as younger and younger people being diagnosed. Wow. I was like, is this a crypt thing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: They are often at you know, working in parallel purposes though, the crips and the colon cancer where next community. Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka baby Now we got measles. You know we used to not have none, so really, fuck Andrew wake feel because baby now we got me easels. That is courtesy a panoramic view on the disc oldest in reference past.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, reference to the fact that we have measos now. Yeah, yeah, thank you anti vaxer community, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by.
Speaker 1: My co host, mister Miles grad What day is it?
Speaker 4: Wait? Hold on but brother Jack in the back, Sweet Miles in the front, cruising through the week until we hit March one. Suddenly, red blue lights flash us from behind, loud voice booming, Please step out onto the line, Jack preached words of comfort. Miles just hides eyes. Policeman taps his shades. Did you forget the twenty ninth?
Speaker 2: How bizarre?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, we're trying to cope with the leap year. We didn't know what day it was and shout out Zach Vanders. We can't wait four years to use this again, so you know what, I will shoehorned it on March first today to recognize the leap year.
Speaker 1: The leak Oh man, yeah, what a day. My kids were on my ass immediately when I woke up, just being like, it's leap day?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? Boy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You didn't tell me I needed some Anyways, Miles, We are thrilled to be joined in our third and fourth seats by the hosts of the Wonderful podcast on Theme where you can hear them discuss everything from the weaponization of rap lyrics by the legal system to fictional characters they want to reach through the screen and slat. He's Jeff cod and Katie Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 1: Thanks for stopping by, Thanks for stopping that. How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How how how is it?
Speaker 2: How is it?
Speaker 1: How's it over there in Atlanta?
Speaker 5: In Atlanta, it's always something going on in Atlanta. Some scam here and there is.
Speaker 1: There going on.
Speaker 2: Other than cop City? What else is what other scams are they running over there?
Speaker 6: The parking here is a scam. Yeah, they sold it to a private company for one hundred years for hell low and they are taxing out here.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, we know about that in l A too.
Speaker 6: In the parking lots at the mall they have security. What yes, I learned that. What do you mean parking lot? The mall got security at Lintics. There's a parking lot Atlantics where you have to go through security. Just again the parking lot. Oh like to just stop stealing because because.
Speaker 5: Atlanta thinks everything's a club, that's another scam.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything so exclusive. You gotta wait and line get into the parking lot. And to leave the parking lot like this is dangerous.
Speaker 2: I feel. Yeah, They're like they're checking you. They're like, hold on, the ratios, aren't good, man, I can't let you in.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You need some more ladies with you. Yeah, otherwise you can't get your car. Wow. Okay, So everything is like or is it more militarized security. Not really, It's more like somebody there like yeah, yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 5: Somebody who isn't really qualified to be right right anything.
Speaker 2: Naturally naturally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Parking lot gimmicks are yeah, we know them well in La, don't we check in our own studio parking lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Our studio had for a while somebody who was like, you know, he he had something going. We weren't quite sure, but he would always try and hit us five days early for payment and then like forget that we had paid him at various points and he just yeah, he had a lot of plates spinning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was interesting, and he was he was mean people.
Speaker 3: Yeah you gotta be nice, Yeah, yeah, exactly mean bedside that side scammers, scammer.
Speaker 5: I just want to stay for the record though, that I do love Atlanta, and I'm actually not one of those folks who says, nobody come here, we're full. I actually think we're not full, right, right, more people can come, but I just want to correct.
Speaker 1: Director Private Equity Parking Company's hands with that one. All right, well, we're going to get to know you both a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about. The Supreme Court will rule on Trump's immunity. They will just do it very very slowly, almost like they're running interference, so that this court, the Supreme Court, have to go to trial before he has a chance to be elected president. So we'll talk about that. We will, of course continue to check in with the developing situation, the Shitty Willy Wonka experience that was put on in Glasgow.
Speaker 2: How'd I do Glasgow?
Speaker 1: Glasgow?
Speaker 2: You gotta fight, though, you gotta fight? How you want to phonetically say it? When you see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just more details coming out. We have scripts.
Speaker 2: Wait I generated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Are they generated? Are they generated by a genius? It's hard, it's hard to tell. There is a new villain that probably is going to get their own horror movie. Who is Lurking, a chocolateeer who lives in the walls.
Speaker 2: That so not great world building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll talk about VR improving the lives of senior citizens virtual reality possibly, you know, if if private equity doesn't manage to fuck that up, you know, it's it's a way that technology could actually make people's lives a little bit better. All of that plenty more, But first, Katie, we do like to ask our guests what is something from your search history? Or we're also opening it up to what's the most recent thing that you've screencapped? Either either or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's more revealing going those screenshots? What do we got?
Speaker 5: Let me let me keet looking at the screenshot because my search history has been whack.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, real whack.
Speaker 6: My screencaps are boring?
Speaker 5: Okay, did you have one forst search history? I'm gonna look through my photos.
Speaker 6: My I recently looked up if Mike Epps has been to jail. I saw him on a commercial and I was like, I wonder if you'd been in jail, because he was talking about like, oh, when you in jail, you do this. I was like, I bet he ain't even ain't even really like that. But he has been to jail several times. He that's a lot of illegal things. Really, he has sold drugs at one point. He see, he didn't even go to jail for this next one. He brought a loaded gun to airport in Indianapolis, but he didn't go to jail.
Speaker 2: Was he famous at the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was famous. It was just a couple of years ago, so I think he got some leniency for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So props to him for telling the truth on his upcoming special.
Speaker 5: Okay, do they take people to jail for bringing guns? Don't they just take them? Because like Atlanta's like the biggest airport. Because we bought the guys got her to jail, they did.
Speaker 1: They really frown on it. I remember there was a boy they really like, that's one I had that Sam thought. I'm like, well, you just take it away right from them. But I remember there was like a football coach in the nineties who kept, like multiple times just like kept forgetting not to bring a gun to the airport, which is such a funny crime. But I'm pretty sure he got arrested.
Speaker 6: So well, I mean, if you keep doing it at a certain point, start to look suspicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that was that guy, Madison Cawthorne the former congress member. I remember he brought a gun too, and I think, well, maybe his complexion did some work for him there, but he just had to be like, now I have to go to court for bringing a gun in my carry on luggage. But the guy I was talking about, Barry Switzer, Cowboys coach, arrested after pistol found in bag at Dallas Fort Worth Airport. So I mean the coach.
Speaker 1: Of the Cowboys, like at the Dallas Fort Worth Airport and they still arrested him. I mean, maybe they had a bad season that year, and.
Speaker 2: That's all right. Who could have more power in the states, right, but that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's might as well be the governor.
Speaker 2: Wait and Mike Epp special was he talking in a way that had you sort of rubbing your chin like let me well to me?
Speaker 6: So, I know, Mike Epps, he might have crossed over to being beyond black famous at this point. But I was like, you've been famous for a long time, Like, why why are you in jail like that? Like I don't I don't trust it because you've been famous to me since the nineties, right, So I want to expect you to just be like in the streets like where you would be getting locked up like that, right, But I was wrong. You proved me wrong, So shout out to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratulations, sir Yeves. What is something from your search history or from your screen caps?
Speaker 5: So my screencaps are also boring, but I'll just say something for my search history. It's been a lot of historical figures and things about history lately, but we do have an episode today. I was going back and looking at some of the articles we did that were related to the episode we had come out today, which is about funerary portraiture. And one of those articles was about extreme embalming, which is a thing that was like it blew up for just like a really hot second. This was several years ago, where people would pose people's bodies in elaborate fashions with like these serious set designs for them to be like put up for their memorial service. And so that's one thing that was for my search history that I was like going back into because of the episode we have coming out today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like posed upright right, like some of them, you know, some of them, not like the lady with the wineglass and the alcohol.
Speaker 1: That's the one.
Speaker 5: He ate that she ate that was her legacy.
Speaker 6: That happened really, cause these is telling me about it. She's like, have you heard? I was like, I've never heard about that in my life. But then she wasted that lady with the white guys.
Speaker 1: I was like, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 5: But my favorite, my favorite was the guy that came up who he was posed playing video games like on an Xbox. He had had an Xbox controller in her hand his hand, and he had like a sprite and Spichos or something like that. Because they were like, this is this man's legacy, right right, this is what people need to know about him.
Speaker 2: I remember, Yeah, I was actually listening to that episode and it was really dope because I knew initially like James Vandersey like from like the Harlem Renaissance photography that he did, but I didn't really know about all of the sort of like funeral images that he took too. So I was googling that's in my search history because I was like, I need to see these pictures that you know we're talking about in this episode. But yeah, that kind of like sort of end of like funeral set up, it's isn't And culturally how different countries do things like that because I also see like in South America too, they also do a lot of celebratory things. Like I saw a thing where a younger guy had passed away from like an illness and he was like really into soccer. So his friends like had him score one last goal and it was kind of wild because it like kind of kicked a ball off of him.
Speaker 7: And yeah, yeah, like how soon after I mean, you know, however, however, time, however much time passed, but he was such an avid soccer players, like team like got all together for like this sort of you know, symbolic final goal he could score, and that was.
Speaker 2: A little that was a little more animated than I was expected. Again, it's all about you know, like let's remember them how they lived.
Speaker 6: He was loved by his team members because I don't think I would be doing that, but that's a testament to how he lived.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, I think a lot of people will find that pretty irreverent.
Speaker 2: Right, how would you? But what would you do for your extreme embalming? How would you want to be remembered? What are you doing my.
Speaker 6: Extreme and bombing?
Speaker 5: Hum, that's a good question, Yeah, like what do I what do I probably in a yoga post because I practice and I teach yoga.
Speaker 2: Okay, but which even more important?
Speaker 6: So the box corp obviously yeah?
Speaker 5: Or like yeah, or like a hand a scorpion handstand something like that, which I can't even do in real life. So is something I can't do in real life?
Speaker 2: Why not in that position?
Speaker 5: It would be the hardest thing. But honestly, if you love me, come on, yeah, I should write that in my will now, if you love.
Speaker 1: You love me in scorpion post? What is h what's something?
Speaker 2: Miles?
Speaker 1: By the way, it sounds like you have an answer to that. What are you posing as?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe DJing? I like playing an instrument? Yeah, yeah, because I think like that that's like the one thing that makes me feel like in the infinite, you know, listening to music, playing music. So I feel like that that would be a fitting fitting physical pose and for me is to be jamming or something like that.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. I'd be dunking, I would have you'd be dunking. I'd have my hands connected to the rim with wire. There would be some added like kind of tension because you don't know if like my arms might rip off or not, you know, and right right again, I'm stealing from Eaves's idea that like we're you're doing something you couldn't actually do in life, but you're kind of being immortalized that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you probably have to have that that posing stick that they put on statues and museums. When the statue is like free standing and it can't hold itself, they have the stick they put up the backside of the statue. Yeah, probably they have to, right.
Speaker 2: That would be advisable.
Speaker 1: But I want there to be the tension that there might be a coffin flop style mishap where my body just like falls and it's dramatic and everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I would go with like more on miles in side doing something that you actually do. I think I would like to cooking at my own.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I.
Speaker 6: Used to not like those because I was like, why is everybody so happy right now? But if I'm like, you know, serving a little call of green situation and everybody I want to be there, I would enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that. What would you make?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: What food?
Speaker 6: Something real, real, soulful. I gotta put some corn bread, some cold greens. You know, I don't eat meat, but I'm gonna let y'all eat it, so some turkey plays or something.
Speaker 5: Look, if it was my family, they're gonna be mad if the ain't no meat.
Speaker 1: At the repat.
Speaker 6: I know mine, so soig one with the pork and all of that.
Speaker 1: What is What's something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 6: I think being a hater is underrated. And we talked about this in one of our episodes. Haters really are the impetus to so much like if you had somebody hating on you, you just feel like you have to prove them wrong. You have to go so hard, and a lot of things that we have in society you wouldn't be there without haters. But they get a really bad rap. And I was like, y'all need to like genuinely thank your haters, and not like I like to thank my haters, but like for real, right you yeah gave them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your outside opinion of me sort of spurred me on to do something different, something great for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you were just being nice to me, I would have just been sitting around doing nothing.
Speaker 1: I just like in my search history is somebody. So Sony had this like outspoken critic who just hated all things Sony and like criticized everything they did and his he made so many good points when he was criticizing them that they hired him and he became the president of Sony eventually.
Speaker 5: WHOA, That's not how I thought that was gonna know, was like.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, truly you can find a well informed hater like where all their criticism is like actually, like the reason I'm so mad is because they make some really good points. Then maybe listen to them, maybe keep them close for reasons other than you know that you're just watching them.
Speaker 2: Make them your boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like the United States should do that for me, for I'm the biggest hater of the United States.
Speaker 5: Like president, Yeah, but you don't want to be president.
Speaker 6: I would do some stuff that we would not come back from.
Speaker 5: But I was thinking it could be. This could be everybody could just be a hater, like in the aftermath of the quote unquote great resignation, like everybody could just focus on hating and that that'll be our pathway.
Speaker 1: It's employment. Yeah, I'll here first.
Speaker 2: We heard it here first.
Speaker 1: Plus such a thin line, like whenever somebody gets caught doing something really bad, their first response is always like I'm not listening to the haters on this. So it's a real thin line between hater and like person who is just calling out you know, horrible behavior.
Speaker 6: For sure, especially if like you see your fath getting hated on. Sometimes you're like, yeah, they're just hating, but it's someone you don't like. There's like, it's a very principal critique that person.
Speaker 5: Start coming out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the principal critique, and I will stand by as it's made. Eves, what how about you? What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: So I think rekindling old friendships is underrated and this isnt underrated. Yes, she's thinking coming for you because that would have been how I kind of felt in the past. I was like, you know, it's a new day, it's a new dawn, and I don't need to go back to these old friendships. But you know, I'm rethinking it now after having communications with you know, somebody who I used to know is mother today and she was like, oh, you y'all should talk, and I'm like, I'll think about it, you know, I'll consider it because before I'm like, you know, if they're not in my life anymore, then it's for a reason. You know how all the kids say they're in your life for a reason or a season or something like that. Yeah, right, so I don't know if I subscribe to that anymore. So that's that's what my underrated.
Speaker 1: Is going to be, okay, all right? And I actually needed to hear that. There there's somebody that I've just been like toying with the idea of, like, man, I should really get back in touch with them. I haven't talked to them in years. And yeah, that needed to hear that, Thank you very much. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: I think biopics are overrated And this is coming from someone who is I love biography and written form. I love it in podcast form. I love it in those forms. But for some reason, I have something against biopics. Like my husband coerced me to go to the Bob Parley Bob Marley biopics the other day, and I'm just for some reason, it's just something about seeing somebody who looks nothing like the person and sounds nothing like the person, and it's really hard to get somebody's accent down, Like that's not an easy thing to do. For the best about there's something that misses the translation. And I think also it's like very hard to cover a person's story in an hour and forty five minutes in a way that feels really meaningful. Not that I think it can't be done in that, like it's just to me, they always come off as mediocre.
Speaker 2: Or right, or like someone who could do no wrong or something like that, like and he was actually the hero of.
Speaker 5: Everything, right, yeah, because they have no structure.
Speaker 2: There's some complexities there with his life for sure. And also we were hating on the wig. First of all. The first thing I said are.
Speaker 8: Like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Nobody wigs, right, nobody does.
Speaker 2: That's like you could have find it about Jamaican and a Jamaican actor who already had dreads or something like that. You had to go find this is he from the UK like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just remember being like this is trash man, Like I can't even I can't. I can't look at this because the wigs were the wig was so bad.
Speaker 5: The wig was wiggy. Okay, it's always the scalp with locks. It's the scalp. Yeah, they get wrong.
Speaker 2: It's really hard to do and it's always like a helmet with like it feels like a helmet was.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was giving taller Perry wigs or from Walking Dead. Yeah, yeah, it's that's exactly what it was. And they tried to like shout out to the wig makers. I know it's a hard job. I'm not saying that they are fully talented and skilled and have been working on their crafts. They like tried to they lengthened the lig the wig throughout the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah and all of.
Speaker 5: That, and I'm like, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Wow, you did the guess the church.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, bless your heart. At least you tried. Because is there is there a thing too like with because we were talking about this, I think maybe off Mike Jack, but like some people are just kind of so cool, like don't even bother trying to get somebody else to capture that cool on screen, Like there was like a Miles Davis biopic. I'm like, you can't that this dude is also all over the place. You can't just be like, yeah, now you're Miles Day, You're Bob Marley or whatever.
Speaker 1: They're so iconic that you either have to like cast the person who looks the most like them, like they did with that Tupac one, but then yeah, person he could not be able to act, so yeah, then yeah, it's you're it's a real like you are trying to thread the thinnest needle. And also yeah, like maybe like a Tupac biography in one hundred years, maybe you know, Like but like when no one remembers who, yeah remembers and they're just like they've seen the pictures. But like right now Bob Marley Tupac like way, way too soon.
Speaker 5: I feel like, yeah, it needs some distance, and it didn't make it any better that at the end of the Bob Marley film. I don't know if I'm going too hard on this right now, go ahead hating that much. But at the end of the Bob Marley film they show like actual footage of Bob Marley and comparing his energy on stage to the energy that the actor was giving was just miles away. It was like it was so spirited and you could really see that coming out in the clips, and having just seen the actor do it in the film, I was like something was missing that that Genna Sai Quad wasn't there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get a job Chatwick. If Chatwick was alive, I feel like he could play anybody great actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you need. Like sometimes it works because yeah, just like all, I don't remember you played someone, you better quit it in that.
Speaker 5: In that, yeah, I think he did. He did pay their good Marshall.
Speaker 6: I believe that wasn't matter at it actually Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also with Kingsley Benadere that's the name of the actor who played him. But yeah, like I'm sure when you see that juxtaposition of actual Bob Marley footage, it really feels like your parents being like, yeah, we got Bob Marley at home, don't worry.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, yeah, Katie, what's something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 6: I think chick fil A is overrated, And I think once we all band together and stop eating chick fil A, that's when the revolution will happen. Wow, because they don't like the gays, right, they don't like the blacks for real, because the blacks and the Latinos be in the back and not in the front interacting with customers.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: The chicken. I haven't had chicken in maybe ten years. It wasn't i ahold. But other people make good chickens. They're not the only ones. And people be acting like they're the only ones just because they say please and thank you and my pleasure, right, how to have higher standards for ourselves.
Speaker 5: The hard thing about this is that they're expanding.
Speaker 6: They're expanding like crazy, especially in Georgia.
Speaker 5: Oh really the country, across the country. Yeah, there's like four of them on my exit. Yeah, they're franchise model, and it's like super hard to get into that. Their franchise. They have a specific way model and they're never gonna they're never gonna go public.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know how.
Speaker 5: But I believe. I believe it. If you believe it, I believe it.
Speaker 6: The revolution right when we give up.
Speaker 2: When people can like, yeah, the first principled consumer decision like the entire country can collectively make, they'd be like, aside from the morality, the chicken also like Popeyes is better man. When I was in the Atlanta studio that's by Delilah's, I had a chicken sandwich from there that blew my socks.
Speaker 1: Right off my feet. Like I saw that.
Speaker 2: I was like a Willy Wonka exhibit. But yeah, that was definitely like, yeah, I think it's just one of those things. And I said this before when I think was it Dulce Sloan who maybe or somebody was talking about it, or maybe it was doctor John. Anyway, somebody was also saying was coming with that overrated and.
Speaker 1: It's probably one of our most common overrateds. And yeah, yeah, I think it's time. I think it's like one of those things.
Speaker 2: It's like one of those things too, because in the West Coast we never had it, like so when it came on the West Coast, it was like what in and out is to other places, but here the thing I heard about from our relatives that live in the South or the East Coast or whatever. And yeah, and I think once that subsides, maybe people can you know, we can all band together, can break just.
Speaker 6: The novelty used to wear off a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I think if anybody Katie and I are actually from the land of true At Kathy spent a lot of time growing up there where he lived. And I think if anybody can do it, we can do it, because we can really, Yeah, we have original quaim to the Chick fil A And if we can do it, anybody in this country can do it.
Speaker 6: You know. I went on a field trip to Chick fil A ranch in elementary school.
Speaker 1: It's a ranch.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it still exists. It was so fun they had and I'm picking them up now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we actually you know, second thought, I love that's true.
Speaker 6: At Kathy it was so fun that it was like they had I guess it was like a cow sanctuary something because you know they oh right right yeah, and they had like those like what do they call connas Conna stego wagons the yeah, the people going west was that were in uh so we slept in those. It was an overnight trip, mind you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: We did somemores, We like cooked on the fire. It was real fun.
Speaker 5: That does sound fun today?
Speaker 2: We should look you Yeah, let me change my overrates.
Speaker 6: Actually they're underrated.
Speaker 1: Under it.
Speaker 2: Yeah the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I've talked about this before, but I got as an award in middle school. I got to go on this field trip and it was just the long John Silver's headquarters, like corporate headquarters. The worst version of your field trip, right, not even like they didn't have any fun themed thing. You just like sat and watched the fucking them go through some spreadsheets and then got to eat one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need to work on their propaganda game.
Speaker 5: You know, yeah, I think it would be pretty cool if they would have showed you all the different kinds of fish that go into.
Speaker 2: The what actually, yeah, right, we usually stand up at a pet store to get this stuff put together.
Speaker 5: That would be wild if they have been.
Speaker 1: Goldfish mash is what you're actually getting? Oh man, All right, well that's disgusting. Sorry to leave it on that note, but we are going to take a quick break and we're gonna come back and we're gonna talk some news. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: Sorry for the for the long delay. The crows are back, but thanks everybody for the for the advice on basically bribing them with nuts. I've put a bawl of almonds in my backyard. So far it seems to be kind of working.
Speaker 2: But they are gathering.
Speaker 1: They are gathered, and I think they're yeah, well, more updates in the future.
Speaker 2: An evolving story.
Speaker 1: Like I said, we're going to get to some important news. And that was it. My crows are back in the backyard. No, the Supreme Court has announced they're going to rule on Trump's immunity. They're going to do it very very slowly. This is essentially the like playing along with his plan for you know, to delay everything until he's president and then yeah, he can start punishing his enemies and throwing all this shit out of out of court essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, I think the whole time we're wondering, we're like, well, every other lower court was out of hand rejecting the argument that there was such thing as god mode when you're president, and they're like, yeah, yeah, you can actually be convicted of a crime. What are you talking about here? But yeah, as it stands, the Supreme Court is basically saying they will hear I think April twenty second is when they will begin the proceedings to hear the fucking case, when I think any normal court would have just affirmed the lower court's decision be like yeah what they say, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Why why do I need? Why am I wasting my time? But yeah, we were always wondering, how will the Supreme Court show itself to be completely biased and illegitimate and the laughing stock? And yeah, we're starting to see it by like slow rolling this thing because this will just this will drag everything on to the point that the Jack Smith trial probably wouldn't happen in time at all, or at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, he had already asked the Supreme Court to weigh in on this issue back in December, because he knew that this was a possibility, and trump st layers objected, It's I don't know, I'm no legal expert. This all just seems very fucking dumb. It's very dark. That's my legal read on the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thanks for that. Yeah, all very fucking VFD. We already know that's my that's the conclusion we've come to. But yeah, I mean, like this is the thing also because even if they do, you know, come to a decision and they say, you know what, actually, no, you do not have immunity. We all know about how the DJ if remember in twenty sixteen, they'll be like, we don't like to do anything that could be seen as political sixty days out from election, right, but Hillary Clinton, we can make a special case for, like they did with that FBI thing that happened within sixty days of the election. So it's really yeah, I guess the only terrible silver lining here is that if the Supreme Court were to affirm, like what Trump's argument is that there is such thing as the star from Super Mario Brothers that makes you immune from criminal prosecution, then I guess Joe Biden is free to do literally whatever the fuck he wants to also hold on to power. But this is just like the most grim timeline either way you look at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hold on to power for two more months of his life?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, however long however, Yeah, hold on to it, hold.
Speaker 1: On to it. Maybe it's like an immortality thing. Maybe it's like a one up thing in addition to the in addition to the stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, the mushroom makes him younger.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't feel like this is going to that they're going to rule for Trump on this, right, Like all of the lower courts that have looked at this have said that, no, this is like open and shut. Why are we even looking at this? Of course, president doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. But I think it from the way the Supreme Court seems to like to do things where they're like, ah, we do a horrifying thing and then but hey, we're still over here, feels like this will give them a chance to at least have the appearance that they're ruling against Trump. On something while also essentially running interference for him to let him by time until he has a chance to be a president.
Speaker 2: Right, in which case, yeah, he'll just tell the DJ to drop all the charges. Yeah, and so it has everybody loses, I guess.
Speaker 1: In this instance, right, Yeah, it feels like that.
Speaker 2: Like I said, November, take your time, take your time, take your time, please take all Right.
Speaker 1: Did you guys catch the Willy Wonka experience in Glasgow? You see it, Katie?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You're terminally unhealthily online? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, I only saw a smidge not too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but you're familiar with the terrible bait and switch that they pulled on.
Speaker 6: People, being like I would have gotten tricked too.
Speaker 2: Really off from the AI pictures you think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would think like, oh, you cannot lie this much. I can see you could lie a little bit, you put a little extra on it, but you can't lie this right right, right.
Speaker 2: Right right right. The way they did to that, it was a ninety second total time or not time limit, but that's how long it took for people to get through. The whole thing was about ninety seconds. And then they were handing out one jelly bean per kid because they ran out. Yeah it got.
Speaker 1: Grim but yeah, magical jelly beans rights.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah because I called them that, that's they're magical. Then just trust me on this. Now give me my forty five dollars. But yeah. The one thing that's clear after like looking at the whole Willy Wonka thing here is like the AI. This AI like that based on the images and everything, it's enabling the worst thoughts of morally unscrupulous people. Like the use of AI to make marketing materials was clearly like a huge help in getting people into the door. But now we're hearing that the actors that were hired to be part of this quote unquote experience were also given scripts that were also AI generated nonsense. Allegedly, no one has come no one has confirmed or denied that AI was used chat gpt I Apparently they said they took it like it's hard for us to know because it's so poorly written. That yeah, it could be aim or it could just be so poorly written. There was like there's some there's just a lot of new things we're learning about. There was some villain character that made kids cry during this thing called the Unknown, and it was just a person in like a silver spray painted mask.
Speaker 1: I mean it is, Yeah, it is terrifying. It's grim, like soul chilling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have the clip in here where like somebody's like what is this now? And then this fucker comes out from behind a mirror and yeah, and you hear the kids immediately.
Speaker 2: Go no, no, no. It's the sound of like, yeah, the sound of upset kids. That definitely makes it a little bit hard to like be like oh no, and like the parents. It's also in those videos you see the parents trying to be like this is okay. Yeah, on the inside they're like, I'm gonna fuck somebody up for charging me this amount of money.
Speaker 6: The police they did, what is the police fustae do some of the Yeah, I don't know what were they going to do.
Speaker 2: I mean I think just be like, yeah, I don't know you want us to do like that. It's a scam. I mean, I guess we could tell you that. But as it stands, the company that put it on says they are giving people refunds. We still don't know the state of that. We do know that the actors have not been paid. Yeah, so that may be a bit of foreshadowing the actor. The quote from the actor on the Unknown is the bit that got me. Was where I had to say, there is a man. We don't know his name, we know him as the Unknown. This Unknown is an evil chocolate maker who lives in the walls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who lives in the walls is like so specific and creepy and a thing that like your child imagination like makes up already and so you know, like, yeah, there's somebody who lives in your walls.
Speaker 2: Oh here, here, here your house.
Speaker 1: Settle a little bit or something you're like, oh no.
Speaker 2: This is the clip of the just poor guy pretending to be I think Willie McNichol or something. Obviously for Christ for trademark, wea reasons they could not say wrong. And he is out here telling this is the part where he tells kids about the Unknown. Look at this.
Speaker 8: Also, was that like a Diana rosswig give me rais yeah, or maybe.
Speaker 5: The same thing, like yeah, I mean that's where my mind goes all the time. I assume that racist underpinnings to things that people under the stairs too, you know, like in the walls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just coming coming out from a target mirror like a.
Speaker 6: You know this might be someone who is actually against a trying to tell anybody to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little bit right.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she saw the picture of the woman playing the umpa lumpa, because I think that sort of kind of encapsulated the entire experience this poor lady. She said, when she got there, nothing resembled a legitimate production of any kind. The costumes she thinks were used. Other people were like they were like cheap, sexy oopa luompa costumes, and they were like, I'm glad I brought tights and a T shirt. Otherwise, like my business would have been hanging all the way out while I'm trying to do like a children's performance. And again when she got the script too, she's like, some of this stuff doesn't make sense. The organizer said, I just just improvise, Just improvise. And that's the part that makes me feel partially that this was definitely AI generated, Like otherwise, wouldn't you want the actors you were, I guess allegedly going to pay to sort of like execute your creative vision, you know what I mean, rather than just be like fuck you just say whatever fuck you want.
Speaker 6: I don't know they had a captive audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so here's the thing. We do have a little a few excerpts from the actually downloaded the whole script. Someone uploaded it to the internet that all the actors got, and I'm also like, so I'm looking at this. There's a lot of interesting stuff. So there's one one thing is clear when you look at it. For me, it feels very computer generated and those details will be kind of self apparent when we read it. But also, this production would have won a fucking Tony Award for how out like, how out there. Some of these special effects were supposed to be as sort of described in the script. This is from a part It says, this is from a scene where they go into this enchanted force. It says, parenthetical, Jack, do you want to read wonky Doodle? And I'll be Willie McDuff aha. So this is a parenthetical. Audience members engaged with the interactive flowers, offering compliments to which the flowers respond with pre recorded whimsical fank youse.
Speaker 1: Oh, there are flowers that speak in this production. Like, just keeping in mind that when you got there, it looked like just the grimmest room where like multiple crimes have taken place like in this person's vision, it is a place where there are flowers that are kind of challenging the technology, like the bounds of technology. And then we cut to me Wonky Doodle one saying to a guest, oh, and if you see a butterfly, whisper your sweetest dream to it. There are official secret keepers and dream carriers of the garden. And then Williamcy says in parenthetical gathering everyone's attention. Now I must ask, has anyone seen the elusive bubble bloom. It's a rare flower that blooms just once every blue moon and fills the air with shimmering bubbles. The stage crew discreetly activates bubble machines, filling the area with bubbles, causing excitement and wonder among the audience.
Speaker 2: That's why I think it's ai. When you start saying how people are going to react to it, that is not That's not I think this is.
Speaker 1: I think this is just somebody who is yeah and has you know, they're just they they expect this to go exactly how they have it in their little that they are overdosed on whimsy and just believe that they can create magic just by hoping that it happens. Sorry, wanky doodle too, not to be confused with my previous character or or pretending to catch bubbles quick eat bubble holds a whisper of enchantment. Catch one and make a wish.
Speaker 2: Willie McDuff, as the bubble catching frenzy continues, Remember in the Garden of Enchantment, every moment is a chance of magic. Every corner hides a story, and every bubble catches a bubble holds a dream parenthetical. He opens his hand and the bubble gently pops, releasing a small twinkling light that ascends into the rafters, leaving the audience in awe. There's no way you could do this shit at all. Do that on Pandora at Disney.
Speaker 1: World, Like, that's how the fuck did you think that was going to happen? Yeah?
Speaker 6: YEAHS has never oversold their ability.
Speaker 1: I know, that's fag you make it. This feels like pretty identifiable, but like the wishful thinking in the script is just really like it just gives you a head Like the difference between what they had in mind and the grim vibe of the actual room like gives me a head rush. It's like so just unbelievably different.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but I think the other thing, it's like it this to your point, Katie, I think in a way it really makes clear what like how people are going to use AI, like, especially for people in decision making positions, because I feel like they were probably people who put this on probably so wowed and razzled, like yo, I just said this thing, and it.
Speaker 9: Came up with all these wild ideas like a light, a light will go to the rafters, out the bubble, like we don't need people no more like and I can see how someone in the C suite who who has no experience writing or doing anything creative would see.
Speaker 2: That and be like, yo, this is it. This is it? Like you know, it's a rap. I'm paying people to have actual ideas. So again, like our guests on Tuesday's episode said, resist the urge to be impressed by AI folks, right, But yeah, to your point, Jack Or I think I think kab were also is saying like, you know, we we we will oversell ourselves. You know, we'll fake it till we make it. But it also feels like that is kind of like the refrain that you hear from scammers when they get caught, they'll do some version of like it's just so, I'm just so disappointed and what came out. You know, I really wanted it to be something special for the kids, and instead they got a big old con job. And I feel bad about that because this guy who put it on he also apparently got in trouble in twenty twenty one for having a Santa's Grotto event. I don't know why Santa needs a.
Speaker 5: Grotto, like ceial scammering, right, yeah, grotto. Isn't that more associated with like a crumpet or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like a cave enclosure type thing. I just think of like the Sordid Grotto from the Playboy Mansion, which is like a hidden pool. But like, apparently he canceled this event once people donated gifts and stuff and money, like just canceled it. The Santa Wan Oh yeah, the Santa guy from a House of Illuminati Productions. Oh is the name of his company.
Speaker 1: There was no way to tell that this was in any way off is house spelled h A U S No. No house not going full of scammer with that one.
Speaker 6: No, But with scamming, you have to have a code of ethics, Like, you can't be out here scamming little kids like this. If you're gonna scam, you need to scan the United States government scam, Walmart scam, multinational corporations. Why are you scamming families that use their heart earned money to give their kids a little experience.
Speaker 5: Because money is money. These people are not thinking with logic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, that's why they'll always get caught up. Yeah, you get a PPP loan. I know this was in the United States, but exactly, scam a PPP loan.
Speaker 5: You know what this sounds like to me? Right, I mean, courses are really hot right now. You can sell an online course about scamming me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, thank you.
Speaker 2: H You're like, here's set up. You're going to set up a defense contractor company to work with the Pentagon, and trust me, they will just turn the money hose on for anybody.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean this sort of like Firefest esque pop culture fandom based scam definitely pre dates AI. I'm not sure that the like the definitely the artwork that they sent out had something to do with AI.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying more people are going to try it because definitely, Yeah, it's easier for.
Speaker 1: Them to like just just shoot copy out. But like back in twenty nineteen, people paid fifty dollars for a Harry Potter themed event and the wind making station was at table with scattered chopsticks and glitter, and the magical cocktail was gin and tonics and rum and cokes. This the wind making station has a sign that is just a whiteboard with wand Making Station written on like a sharp edition of the stars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they put some razzle dazzle on you.
Speaker 2: You know how quickly those stars were drawn. You can you can tell by the shape of the stars. Someone just went fuck it. Let me just shush this up. And they really have like Chinese restaurant like to go chopsticks like still in the wrapper saying wand Making station.
Speaker 1: This one with photus candles, like the little tiny candles.
Speaker 5: To be fair true to material though it is wood.
Speaker 6: So it's your mom is doing it for your friends, you know, like we're gonna have a little Harry Potter moment and your mom does that, It's like, okay, your mom, she really cared about y'all.
Speaker 2: But pay them for that fifty bucks, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: But the same deal as this one that one just came back to one person who claimed I'm not a scammer. I just didn't nail all details, which implies like I knowed some of the details, but give me some. Give me here. Did you see the stars on the White Boy? Can we go?
Speaker 2: Did you not hear my lawyer? Did you not hear my lawyer? The chopsticks are made of wood? Harry Potter? So the rest of my case.
Speaker 1: No further questions for the questions. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some good a good side of technology. We'll be right back, and we're back. We are back, and we are, of course inundated with stories about people wearing vision pro while driving a car or operating a forklift loaded with nitroglycerin. But it's worth noting that virtual reality can be a less stupid thing, because there's a recent Stanford study that showed the VR had a big impact in nursing homes, where singers chose from virtual experiences ranging from riding in a tank to which you know, my five year old would absolutely true. What does that mean, like recapture glory days from like the war? Yeah, riding in a tank and then doing what Yeah, but yeah, just writing I don't want to know. Yeah, playing with puppies and kittens, to visiting countries like Paris or Egypt countries, countries like Paris. That might be our bad, that might be a mistaken a copy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But the study found that sixty percent of the singers felt less isolated socially thanks to VR. Seventy five percent of caregivers said residents moods improved after using the VR. And see that. Yeah, I mean, like, in talking about AI and a lot of the technology that it's emerging right now, we've kind of hit on this general theme that when it's something that you're playing with, it can be fun and like if that's all you're looking for, is like a fun thing to play with, And like that seems to be where the technology has promised. When it's being used to like systemically like take people's jobs or like replace human beings, it doesn't work very well or make medical decisions, make medical decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it does remind me of like I remember there are always these videos that would go viral like ten years ago, of like a person in like a nursing home, and like they would hear the music from their childhood and like you would just see their eyes light up and stuff, and like they were talking and like they had a lot to do. And it's called reminiscence therapy. Yeah, so it's interesting to see something like that got kind of taken to the next level where it's like, no, put these put these go out goggles on, and like, guess where we are. We're back in that tank, baby, back in that tank where you get first sell in love, right right right? But yeah, I mean I think it is one of those things where it's like a bit of a you know, it's like when you start talking about nursing homes, like you also there's also like huge issues with nursing homes, even as we've talked about on this show, like with private equity coming in and completely like diluting the care that is available to people and how it's like subpar and like leaves people in terrible situations. Yeah, so it's like, can we get the people paid more to like because I feel like the lazy thing, like, man, you know, how we're going to get things better? Just give these people VR goggles.
Speaker 1: They don't need real.
Speaker 6: Life feel giving.
Speaker 5: It feels like an easier way to neglect. It's like a direct path to more neglect. I feel like could interaction.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I also saw one lady saying like she wanted to go back to the nineteen sixties. I was like, why, white lady, why do you want to go back to the nineteen.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, but about that that does happen with but when they get older, like and we want to go.
Speaker 6: Back to them segregate lunch counter. No, I'm not allowing it.
Speaker 5: I believe that.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 5: I believe that, But too, I do think it could be helpful, like because a lot of the times they do go back, like at the end of their lives, back to situations and it's kind of hard to deal with as a person who's a caretaker or like who's coming to visit people and they're having those those visions. Basicly, basically, it's like what do I say, I'm not there with them. So I think like having that as a supplemental aid when you are actually spending time with them, having those experiences.
Speaker 1: Could be pretty supplemental is the key word, as opposed to replacing way whole plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, care I think.
Speaker 1: Like we we did an interview with somebody who's an expert on like all the ways that private equity has just like come through and destroyed a number of different American industries and companies. And this was I think like the main or like one of the three industries that the book like really focused on. It was just like that they came through. They took over a bunch of these companies that ran nursing homes and slashed budgets to inoperable levels. And then you know, when those nursing homes go out of business, the private equity companies have already extracted fees and end up doing okay because you know, they have these massive contracts and these like byzantine arrangements where they like secretly own the company without like outwardly, without anybody like really even knowing their name. And so yeah, I like, on the one hand, nursing, the you know, elderly care industry has a really bad name, but I think it's because we've just come through this period.
Speaker 2: Where private equity ravaged it.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, I'm hoping that there is a possible future where you know, that gets corrected and these are supplemental, like you said, Eves, instead of just a thing that they're like, all right, we can fire five nurses and just because we because we bought a VR headset.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like Katie's idea, though, maybe if that person's like, I want to go back to reconstruction America. Oh yeah, let me load up a memory for you real quick. And I was just completely fuck with them. It's like black people are running everything, and.
Speaker 1: The image of the unknown the lives.
Speaker 5: Now for sure.
Speaker 6: I think with all this technology is it's like, no one really needs this, but we do need like universal health care, right, But I.
Speaker 5: Think we're in that We're in that place with a lot of technology today. It's like we're moving beyond the point of necessity and then to the point of just we're just figuring out what to do with But we don't have.
Speaker 6: The necessities at all.
Speaker 5: No, we don't have their las.
Speaker 2: Yeah move, but they have you feeling like what you need is an Apple Vision process.
Speaker 1: To get out.
Speaker 2: What I need is my insurance company to cover my meds.
Speaker 5: Is affordable housing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, while we wait on those, wouldn't it be nice to take a vacation to the country of Paris, the Great nation of Hobby? All right, Well, Katie Eve's truly such a pleasure having you both on the daily. He's like, guys, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: You can follow us on Instagram at on Theme Show. You can also hit us up via email at hello at on Theme dot Show. You can also find all the show notes at on Theme dot Show and go listen to the podcast on Things about Black Storytelling. It's really awesome. You'll probably find stuff if you're interested in blackness, if you're interested in storytelling and just storytelling in general, you'll probably find something you love there. Personally, I'm on Instagram at not apologizing and did I get it all?
Speaker 1: Kiddie? Got it? Can you anywhere on social media?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Personally all right?
Speaker 2: Ghost all right, there you go. That's why you're so happy.
Speaker 1: I feel like, and is there a work of media that you guys have been enjoying.
Speaker 5: I have been going back and watching the old UFCS lately, like the first first seven or something like that, like starting from the beginning. This was the I'm not really a sports watcher at all. Is something that my husband got me into over the years, but like it's been very entertaining because it's just like it's that one it just feels very primitive all of the old like seeing that that segment of time and period in media when things were so irreverent didn't make any sense. A lot of things were stupid, honestly, a lot of the things that people said had made no sense. And also like going and looking into some of the people's history who fought for the UFC, and it's very problematic in those early years, and the commentators got I mean, yeah, it's it's been like an escapism mode for me and something that's like very far away from all of the other serious historical philosophical things that I'm focused.
Speaker 1: On a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those those early like fights are so wild to watch because you're like, I think a truck driver is fighting a karate man.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Literally, their theme they used to have things back in the day, And one of the themes I just watched was David versus Goliath, where they purposely put people together who were in absolutely different It would be like a six hundred pound person and a two hundred and fifty pound person, and it was just it was there are some I can't go on forever about this because there are so many things about the marketing and the ways that they set up the shows that you could really tell they were trying to find their footing and they had no fucking clue. And one thing I will say that it teaches me is that like if if those people, if those white men could like be like I think I want to do this thing. We're different disciplines, fight each other and I don't know what I'm doing, but we're gonna put it on television and it really makes no sense and I feel like I can do anything like it's It's been very motivational for me.
Speaker 1: I used to rent those at Blockbuster, like that was those early UFC specials were like a real rent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because that I remember that was the only way to watch them. Really yeah. I saw a bootleg one and I was like, what the fuck guy, how come?
Speaker 5: I'm like, how come the other.
Speaker 2: Guys weren't like a gey like a uniform, And I'm like, and this guy his name is Tank Abbott.
Speaker 1: This is all very Yeah, it's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Highly recommend.
Speaker 2: Honestly I was not expecting that, and recommend watch the early.
Speaker 5: You know, get you get the discipline and you get the like people who actually know how to fight in may these days when you watch it, and also you get way more diversity, like watching women, watching people who like watching black people. You know, there are a lot of things that have changed over time, like and me having started watching it later and going back and seeing how they did it before. It's been it's been enviightening to say, yeah, what about you, Katie.
Speaker 6: I've been reading this collection of short stories called Neighbors and Other Stories by Diane Oliver, and it was published recently and posthumously. She died in nineteen sixty six at the age of twenty two while she was on a motorcycle, and a lot of her work had been pretty much forgotten until like twenty twenty one, I believe when someone just found her one of her short stories in an anthology and wrote about her, and that led to her being republished. So I always find it like super interesting one writers are published postub like would they have liked these stories together? How do they feel about it? She was twenty two, so she didn't have any kids or anything. So it's her sister and nieces who she never met doing her estate stuff. But it's about it's a collection of stories about Jim Crow era people who are integrating certain situations, whether at school or lunch counters. But it's kind of showing the side of it's not always a positive thing to be a part of history. Like if you were Ruby Bridges, what is that actual told on you as a little kid?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: And not just like oh I'm a part of history, I'm changing things for the better, but like as a person, how does it feel to be in such these like tumultuous times. So it's a really interesting thing. And like I said, she died in nineteen sixty six, so she was writing it as contemporary stories and not like historical fiction, right right, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's an amazing recommendation. Which which UFC is your favorite thing?
Speaker 6: Thing?
Speaker 1: Did any of the Davids win, by the way, I'm always curious about.
Speaker 5: Honestly, that's a good question. I feel like the Goliaths went most of the time.
Speaker 1: That Goliaths the whole time.
Speaker 5: I gotta go, look, I'm not mad at the second watch. I'll go back and watch that.
Speaker 2: Get stats down.
Speaker 5: Also, the stats that they used to just they made no sense. One was like thinker. I was like, what does that have to do with what is him being a thinker? Have to do with anything but this one we have versus a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shack one damn.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the weight didn't work for them all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, Miles, where can people find you? Is their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me at Miles of Gray on all the social platforms. You can find us Miles and Jack on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack cot math Lucy's uh. You can also find me on my ninety dance podcast for twenty Day Fiance and Let's see tweet I like it's from Ellie Cremandal at Ellie Creamandal tweeted so weird when you meet a girl with the same name as your sister because they're like, Hi, I'm Jenna and you're like, no.
Speaker 1: You are not.
Speaker 2: I am sorry, but you are not. Yeah, that's happen with people say they.
Speaker 1: Have my mom's name. I'm like, you're not. Don't come to meet with this. That's not you. That's my mom's name. Incorrect. I've been enjoying the clip of Richard Lewis when he was sixteen on a candid camera. Just a a lot of good Richard Lewis clips a right p to him. If you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at v Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage on a website, Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our foot notes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. Well, it is a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kate Bollinger is the vocalist from Virginia and like, just again these artists who kind of go with that throwback style when like you listen to your like, was this recording in the seventies or is this now one of those kind of contemporary retro artists. This track is called untitled, and yeah, like it's just a just a really nice you know, take this track into your weekend relax, just you know, just melt away into a world of pure imagination. As they say at.
Speaker 1: Willie McNichols chocolate wankery or whatever, it's cocolate fingery, all right. We will link off to that in the footnotes the Daily These guys the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visits the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever fine podcasts are given away for free.
Speaker 2: That is going to do it for us this week.
Speaker 1: We're back over the weekend with a digest of from the best moments from this week, and then back on Monday morning to tell you what trended over the weekend and we will talk to y'all. Then buy five