Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Zanab Johnson August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. Four tickets called eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com.
Speaker 2: Com off Byway.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by s Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety Safe Summer Driving Tour. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Tuesday, August the fourth. I'm Matt Jones here on a beautiful day in Lexington, Kentucky. You can give us a shout. Clark's Pumping Shop phone line A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto Glass text machine is seven seven to two. What's the next one.
Speaker 2: Seventeb seven four five two five four at.
Speaker 4: That when kids come up, because like their parents will say, do the intro and they know those numbers at some reason makes me happy.
Speaker 2: They know your intro word for words and.
Speaker 4: This disition spots are by the TJ. Smith Law Office. You called TJ. He'll make them pay. Okay, So I'm gonna start with this. I'm going to do something special, Drew. Okay, I'm gonna give great seats for the first UK football game, Will Stein's debut. Great seats from Matthew Harper Jones. All right, these are from my personal stats. Okay, but here's what we have to do. We're gonna play. I got this UK.
Speaker 5: Football fact Book, their Media Guide, their media Guide.
Speaker 4: Last night I went through and found trivia questions. But the thing is, you can't play trivia with people because they can cheat shan and like you do when you're sitting in the studio. But we can play how many of these questions does Ryan Lemon know the answer? All right? So the question the contestants will just be deciding whether Ryan will get these right or not. It's a peak inside Ryan's brain. So you have to call now eight five, nine, two, eight, oho, twenty two eighty seven. First six people on there will get to be contestants. We will slowly eliminate them, and you're gonna get seats. These are good seats. And as a matter of fact, the winner is also gonna get a little special gift for me at the game. Oh wow, okay, so seats to the game, a little special gift for Matthew Harper Jones. At all you you don't even have to know the answers. You just have to know if you think Ryan is gonna know the answers. And as people know, if you if you play a game on the show, it rarely works. Where'd you stay last night?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 2: Just so people know, I did not stay at a holidays.
Speaker 4: So when you're guessing, when you're guessing what to put, you're gonna have to remember he did not stay at a holiday and express for at last night. So get on in. There are some phones ringing, but there's still a couple of lines eight five, eight twenty two, because again on the streaming, some of y'all ain't getting this this In some ways, it's a little bit of a bonus for the people that listen over the air.
Speaker 2: Get in quickly, because you might be able to get in quickly.
Speaker 4: But we will have the contestants here in a minute, guys, good to see you. Yesterday was media day. Yesterday was a busy, very hectic day. I rewarded myself with some chicken salad, chick.
Speaker 2: Whole nice love that place in the evening, yes and then.
Speaker 4: We were good.
Speaker 6: But it was it was a hectic day yesterday. I tuned in for your big debut.
Speaker 4: It was well, just even going out to the football stadium for the first part and then the ESPN.
Speaker 6: It was hectic draining that social battery at Krogerfield before your big debut. I enjoyed your setup. Look good, you admired, did a good job. I caught eighty percent of the show.
Speaker 4: All right, let me just say something. You know, how over the years we've talked about iHeart and things not working and all that. I'm familiar and we're like, how in the world can you put on a radio show. I'm doing an impression of myself. How in the world can you put on a radio show and not You know, this isn't the only place that struggled. Nope, what what a cluster?
Speaker 2: Used to be a saying in our business, there are bigger stations. They all have the same problem.
Speaker 4: I mean, it probably wasn't a smart decision drew for me not to even paint and build the room until the weekend before. That may have been an issue, but it was Mari. If I didn't have Mario yesterday, I'd still be trying to get on air, John Mario.
Speaker 2: How tight did it get from air time?
Speaker 4: We started at one o'clock. The first issue was the lights just came in the mail Monday.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: Mario and I tried to light the thing. I have two different screens. I look different on both screens, and I don't know why. One of them I have I look like I've been in the sun. The other one it looks like I just I live in Ireland, right. I don't know which one's the real one, right. So we're trying to light it. Then the guy to ESPN calls there's all these technical and then Myron is going crazy in Minnesota. It's it's a cluster. There's TV, there's audio, there's lights, there's all of this where that it's counting down. You know, you can see the clock coming. Myron can't even get connected. And fifteen minutes before they called me and say you may have to go solo your first day, Shannon, I almost cried.
Speaker 3: Oh, did you almost fake technical difficulties?
Speaker 4: So you were almost just ran away and hit under the ky. If you're telling me I'm gonna have to debut on national radio by myself, I don't. The only time I ever taught by myself is fifteen minutes at the start of the postgame show.
Speaker 6: That's it because it's just done. A random post came.
Speaker 4: I was just going to go watch the ending of a game and talk about how Kentucky shouldn't have lost to.
Speaker 6: Georgia at home last year. So Matt Myron was almost Matt.
Speaker 4: It was Matt, and they were like, oh yeah, and talk about the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: What oh that was your opening door.
Speaker 6: Was a point when they broke in with the trade, and I can tell you your face, You're like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, Well, that's what I'm wearing In case they asked me again, I'm gonna be like, look, you see this is my team. Boys. Trade came in and you're like, what do you think Myron? Well know, they came in and I hadn't heard of anyone in the trade, and I was like, well, what's your favorite Jose de la Carta moment? Myron? So I was I almost was gonna call like you Drew and go you want to do a little cover zero? So he gets connected and you know, then we start and then immediately the video feed so I'm looking for people at home. I want you to envision this. I'm looking directly at the camera, which I don't like. It feels weird, but whatever you have to. I might have to learn to do it again. It's been a while. The screen in front of me is supposed to show myron, but it didn't. It just showed me on a three second delay. So imagine you're seeing yourself three seconds ago. Throw you off. It throws you off because then you're like, well, why did I look like that in three seconds ago? You know, why did I look like I looked weird? Three seconds and you're lifting your arm and it's not like WHOA. Even my mom at one point to text me and go stop moving your arms, because I was like, is that really me? Is there another merchant of me on the other side of this? It got better as it went and and it started to you know, we got we got to where we need and then and then it was fine and it was like doing a show, and it was cool because you know, you get people. Thank you to all the people from Kentucky. You know, I would say, until we get our groove going a little bit. If I ask for calls, if you want to throw in a call, feel free. You can't just always ask though about Mark Pope's starting lineup, because at some point then they'll make me stop taking calls and ask about other stuff. Now, God did call and make fun of Billy's wedding. I was for that. Billy on day one takes astray radio on national Radio, and you know.
Speaker 6: So I like, there was a caller that said, whears the belt because it had fallen over the belt?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the belt fell off forty seconds before it started, and I thought someone had shot me.
Speaker 3: I wasn't gonna say anything, but it did look like it was up there a little crooked. But I wasn't gonna say anything.
Speaker 4: If you're talking about the picture I posted at the reason it was crooked, as I was crooked when I posted the belt. The TV set is a line, but it's just there's not I don't have a stand for the belt yet. So it just fell off right before it started. So anyway, we got it. The shot did not look like it did the night before, so I might have to rearrange some of the stuff so it gets in camera. But either way, it happened. For people who want to listen, I heard app just search ESPN ring or if you have Serious, you can listen on Serious and then if you want to watch it, we're on ESPN Plus and Disney Plus. My mom bought Disney Plus and she was like, you're on Disney Plus right there with Mickey Mouse, which is kind of no. It was kind of true. It was like me and iron Man. That's Marveled Marvel the Bay and Matt Myron. But if you want to see you just just put in the little search engine Matt Myron. We come up now that the description of the show says Max Kellerman gives hot takes. Yeah, they are little, but they need to update their descriptions. I don't Max Kellerman hasn't worked there in five years.
Speaker 6: Well I went through the ESPN app and it had Matt Myron, but there wasn't. It was just a no photos, we gotta get a photo.
Speaker 4: A photo.
Speaker 6: I did, like I'd never seen your producer. He gets a lot of cameras out he gets producing. It looks like ZZ Todd. Yeah, yeah, getting stuff done. He gets stuff done. So it was a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone who listen and watch. Please keep doing it. You know the first day everybody tunes in, but keep keep coming when you can. I understand four hours of me is a lot. I get it. Your focus should always be on this show. This is the show that's about your Kentucky life. This is gonna be something you're always interested in. KSR should be your focus. But if you have two extra hours, then come join me and Myron. It's not gonna always be a topic you love.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you know, when they asked me to talk about I didn't even know how to say Lewis a rise name. It's a R R, A e Z. How many of you had ever have ever heard of? Lewis a r R? A easy negative for Shannon, he's led baseball and hitting four of the last five years and hemorrhage Dodgers. I don't know what team he got traded to the Phillies, but I don't know what team he was on before. But you know what you probably should know that irons for But he got traded and I was like, how do I say his name? And if you see a R R A Z, I would have thought a rays eras And when he told me a rise, I was like, your screw, that's not how you say that, but apparently it is.
Speaker 6: So these are the things I have to pick up and see. That just lets me know that all the other shows I'm watching the to they're doing.
Speaker 4: This, nobody knows anything. Okay, remember this, Nobody knows anything sports, politics. When people talk, they're all stupid. All right, nobody knows anything. I know Kentucky and y'all listening know I barely know it. Now make me take off talking about the Dodgers. Carson Stone, stop him, Carson Stone, he's our center.
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out what Ryan knows in a little bit with this's.
Speaker 4: Gonna know very little here. No, I think he is gonna surprise.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll see if he's able to. We have well, somebody just hung up, so now there's an open line. We had six contestants ready. Whoever's online for keeps giving up every time. Do you feel your brain is situated for this? Uh?
Speaker 2: This is on UK football.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be UK football. Because to get us ready, I found some questions Now these are questions that the listeners may or may not know, but the question these questions are. The question will be do you know? Okay, So before we go to the break, I want to just at least quickly, uh get the contestants. Kevin, where are you from? Kevin? Where you from? Lexington? Okay? Do you go to UK? What'd you say? Princedington? I said, Lexington? All right? So Kevin? Uh? Do you go to games? Very often?
Speaker 2: I go to every game?
Speaker 4: Well, then why do you want? You already have tickets? No? I buy them? Individuals are less excited to give it a guy. All right, fine, you're in. That's okay, all right, thank you? Roger. Where are you from?
Speaker 3: White Sail, Kentucky?
Speaker 4: Where Whitesville? Am I? Am? I having hearing? Where are people saying Whitesville? White Whitesville? Where's Whitesville? You probably have here that Owensborough? Yes, okay, Well first I already hung up Kevin and Lexington. Let's go to Kelly. Go ahead, Kelly, where are you from? Are people here? Kelly? Kelly? Are you on?
Speaker 2: That's what makes these things work?
Speaker 4: But they don't work. I'll tell you what. Hang up on Kelly. He's not even here? Hang up on Kell? All right, Judy, Judy, are you here? I'm here? Okay? Where are you from?
Speaker 2: Danville?
Speaker 4: Danville? Okay, Judy is the first one who followed the rules. Let's go to Kyle. Kyle, where are you from? Louisville, fern Creek? Love it good? Creeker there? All right, lou where are you from? Lou owens Borough? So owens Boro versus Whiteville? All right? Jared, go ahead, Jared? Where are you from? Lexington? Lexington? All right? Who's this? Last? Guys? Who's this? Who are you? Brian? Brian? Where are you from? Chriswood, Kentucky? All right? Here we go, so Whitesville, Danville, fern Creek, Owensboro, Lexington, Crestwood. Six different towns and only one contestant dropped during sign ups? No, multiple people dropped. What I was watching? But these folks, Brian Roger, Jared, Judy, Kyle, Lude, do not hang up? We will take a break. What does Ryan and Lemon know? Next? All right, welcome back Tekey Sports Radio. Here we go. I guess Shandon, you want to put all these people on the line real quick? Can you do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go. Okay, all right, here's the question, and when I call on you, you give me your guess of an answer, Ryan Lemon, Since twenty eleven, okay, twelve Kentucky players have been named All SEC football. How many can you name? In twelve guesses? While you're thinking about it, let's go through here, Brian, how many do you think he can name? Hey, Hey, Roger, how many do you think he can name?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 4: Seven? Judy? How many do you think he can name? Ten?
Speaker 2: Ten?
Speaker 4: Wow, Judy believes in you? Kyle? How many can he name? Five? Five? Lou how many can he name? Six? Six? And Jared? How many can he name? Can I repeat? You can repeat? Yes?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 4: Six? Okay, there you go. You got your person who believes in you? Least is Kyle, who says five. Person who believes in you Moses, Judy says ten. You have twelve people, Ryan Lemon. First of all, Drew, what do you think he's gonna get? You said? Since twenty eleven? Since twenty eleven, these are.
Speaker 2: Good made all first team All SEC.
Speaker 4: Just all SEC. We know it is. It is first team All SEC? Yes, correct, first team All SEC. There you go, I think you get seven I believe in and these are by the way, first team all sec AP okay, because there's some guys who who have not made All sec AP. And by the way, I'm not including in this special specialist because then that number would get much higher.
Speaker 2: That's one of my guesses.
Speaker 4: So no, Austin McGinnis, No, Max Duffy, Okay, I had three special extra so extra players. How many think he gets?
Speaker 6: I'm lowering it now. I was counting Duffy and I'll say five. Now, what are you all right? Here we go, Ryan Lemon, good luck, Randall Cobb. Randall Cobb was before even.
Speaker 2: Am I already out?
Speaker 4: No? No, you get twelve guesses?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen is one. Bud Dupree, bud Dupree is two. That's three guesses.
Speaker 2: I had one and just lost it.
Speaker 4: Dude, God dang, all.
Speaker 6: The good players had a lot of good players.
Speaker 4: You have you have nine more guesses?
Speaker 2: I think I got so many before the uh, come on eleven.
Speaker 4: There's many and re record breakers in there. This is the worst thing I've ever heard. Yeah, like you, you can't even name more than three names of people that played it.
Speaker 2: Most my guys are before twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: We this is since we've been doing the show.
Speaker 6: I've been doing the pregame show, since you've been doing the pregame show.
Speaker 5: The first team?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, you must have stated West. Yeah. How about I name a position? Would that help it? Think about where these positions are on the football field? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, and I got one?
Speaker 4: Okay, Landing Young, Landing Young correct? Four? All right, so you have recorrect? You need eight more guesses?
Speaker 2: Uh, Drake Jackson?
Speaker 4: Drake Jackson is right. That's four. You have seven more guesses?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: How's he so? I mean there's two that literally my mother could name. How are you so bad at this?
Speaker 2: I'm just having a brain fart right now on these guys.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna give you ten more seconds and if not, then we're going you just are going to be out.
Speaker 2: Ray Davis.
Speaker 4: Ray Davis is correct. Now you're at five. You have six more guesses.
Speaker 2: Uh? I don't know five?
Speaker 4: Four? Three? Uh? Shannon Shannon done.
Speaker 3: What he's got?
Speaker 2: Right? Who are the big ones?
Speaker 4: Okay? Do you remember Drew? Why don't you guess? So? Do you remember Benny Snell? About Biby Snell? You ever heard of him?
Speaker 2: I've heard of Benny Snell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were at his signing at the bar. Maybe Chris Rodriguez, the guy that broke his record just a few years later.
Speaker 2: Two good ones, Yeah they are. I got Ray Davis and missed those two guys.
Speaker 4: Did you get Ray Davis and not Chris Rodriguez and Benny Snell? All right, Drew, do you have any would you like to enjoy? Big Dion was one? If i'm John Walker was one? Yes? Was Lynn first Team Lynn Bowden was He was all purpose? So yes, Bowden was on the list as well. Did Stenberg ever get one? Logan Stenberg got one as well. The wall was collecting him there for a while. John Toath had it, Luke Fortner, Josh Pascal, Darien Cannard.
Speaker 2: Cannard is the one I was trying to think of. I got stuck on.
Speaker 4: Him, Rodriguez and Benny Snell.
Speaker 2: I got Ray Davis.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so you are you there? Judy here. Unfortunately you were the farthest away, so you're eliminated. But you believed in Ryan, Judy, which was very sweet.
Speaker 5: I always believe in Ryan.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, thank you, Judy. Unfortunately that costs you tickets to the game. So Judy is out. I appreciate the call. The answer is don't believe in Ryan? Okay? All right? Smell Ryan? All right? So Judy is out? Can you eliminate her? Shannon? That is that possible? All right? Now?
Speaker 2: This one easier?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Oh boy?
Speaker 4: The fight song, the UK Fight Song? How many words will Ryan get wrong? In the UK Fight Song? The question is how many words will he get wrong? There are? The UK Fight Song has nine lines in it. How many words will he get wrong? Brian, what's your guess? Twenty? He's gonna get twenty? Roger, how what's your guess? Six? Six? Okay, Roger believes in you? Kyle ten ten, Lou four four j Lou really believes in you? Jared eight eight all right? From four to twenty, go slowly so that I can keep up. Give me the UK Fight Song on on UFK, line one is correct.
Speaker 2: We will fight for the right to play.
Speaker 4: Too already wrong. We are right for the fight today, not to play so on on UK we are right for the fight today.
Speaker 2: Fight for the blue and white.
Speaker 4: Completely incorrect. That entire that entire line, hold that ball and hit that line. So now that you got seven words wrong on that one so on on UK, we are right for the fight to day. Hold that ball and hit that line.
Speaker 2: We will fight for the right to day.
Speaker 4: That's what you guessed on the last line. That was also wrong. All five words they're wrong. So you're up to fourteen incorrect words. All right, let's try. Let's let's get pick it back up on on UK, we are right for the fight to day. Hold that ball and hit that line. Every wildcat star will shine.
Speaker 2: We'll fight, fight, fight.
Speaker 4: Okay, you got what you got that and stop. We gotta go to bright Okay, we'll see if you get the second half. You're on a roll. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: T J.
Speaker 4: Smith personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: The reality is, if you've been on Ryan Shannon, it's not a great ye. Yeah. I think that's what we're learning is the unders, the unders or in this case, the overs on mis words are the way to go. All Right, you've missed fourteen words. We have four more lines.
Speaker 2: Boy oh boy, UK.
Speaker 4: All right, so I'm gonna we're gonna You're not gonna get you to the second half again, Ready on on UK, we are right for the fight to day. Hold that ball and hit that line. Every Wildcat star will shine, will fight, fight, fight for the blue and white.
Speaker 2: We will fight for the right.
Speaker 4: To day down. I guess that three times it is yet to be correct. You are out. That is nineteen missed words. So we don't even need to do the rest of them. It was as we rolled to that Goald Varsity, Oh my gosh. And we'll kick, pass and run till the battle is won and we'll bring home the victorm. Okay, So what that means is, Lou, you believed in Ryan, Lou and he lets you down. I am sorry, you are eliminated. Okay, there you go. All right, So that week's four more and I've lost my pen? All right? Will you reach under the desk there and get my pen? Okay, so it's not your feet. So last question the Ring of Honor at UK. This is the greatest players in UK history. We have a Ring of honor that has a number of people. You see it at every game. Run yep, you see the Ring of Honor. The question is very simple. How many UK players are in the Ring of Honor? You could look up at every game and look and count between Roger, Kyle, Jared, and Brian. They're all gonna guess numbers. Whoever guesses the right number or the closest number to you, we'll get that, get it right. It's not the question of how many there are, it's a question of how many, Drew Ryan, we'll think there are. This is a tough part, tough game here. Okay, So again to these people, I don't I want you right now, Ryan to write down the number you think it is. Okay, then I'm gonna guess you write down your guests. Okay, Roger, how many do you think Ryan is gonna know? Say he knows Roger fifteen? Right, you think right? Ryan writes fifteen? Kyle, what do you think Ryan's gonna say? Can you repeat the question? How many people are in the Ring of Honor? Ryan has made a guess? The question is what do you think Ryan's guess is gonna be?
Speaker 2: I I didn't do it right now.
Speaker 4: You just guessed, yeah, but I didn't understand the question. You're not trying to guess what you're gonna guess.
Speaker 2: But I guessed wrong. I misunderstood what you want me to guess what did you think? How many I could name?
Speaker 4: No? No, the question I know you can't name any.
Speaker 2: The question is I can name a bunch of these guys.
Speaker 4: Oh, you want to switch the question? Yeah, you want to switch a question to how many you can name? Uh? Huh? Okay, you know what game on? Fine? You want to be cocky.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just no more than all right, let's do this.
Speaker 4: There are forty five retired Jersey Okay, all right, how many can Ryan name?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right, so let me go back Roger. Forty five retired Jerseys? How many can Roger can Ryan name? I'll stay with fifteen fifteen? Good guess, Kyle? What do you think? Twenty four? Jared? How may you think? Fourteen fourteen? Brian? How may you think? Eighteen eighteen? Now here's what I'm gonna do. I'm all Ryan whatever those on hold, so I don't hear him breathing. They're shaving for a second. Okay, I'm gonna let you miss three. Okay, okay, so you can miss three, but you are guessing. Go George Blanda George bland is one. Babe, Brilly, Babe, Pirilly. I'm just gonna make sure yes. Two.
Speaker 2: Sam Ball.
Speaker 4: Sam Ball is three. Bob Gain Bob Gain is. I'm sure that's correct. I just want to make sure. Bob Gain is four. Yes. Jay Claiburn Jerry Clayburn is five. Roger Bird Roger Bird is six.
Speaker 2: Dicky Lion Senior.
Speaker 4: Dicky Lion Senior is seven.
Speaker 2: Think even Calvin Bird.
Speaker 4: Calvin Bird is eight.
Speaker 2: Go uh.
Speaker 4: Derek Ramsey Derek Ramsey is nine. Art Still Art Still is ten.
Speaker 2: Warren Bryant.
Speaker 4: Warren Bryant is eleven. Tim Couch Tim Couch is twelve. Dermani Dawson Rmany Dawson is thirteen. Dallas Owens Dallas Owens is not on the list. There's your first one that you miss. You get two more misses.
Speaker 2: Jacob Tammy.
Speaker 4: Jacob Tammy is as of yet not on the list. Oh my goodness, so only one more miss. I's gonna go to a bunch of you get one more miss and then you can keep going. So go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, now, I'm a little scared of my I've only got one miss left. I got some of these younger guys, that's gonna name it. Jacob Tammy's not up there.
Speaker 4: I thought he was. I thought he was on a roll. Shit he thought he was. I thought I thought that he was about to get into the twenties, et cetera. Just so you know, Jared's sitting there at fourteen hoping you can't get another one.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not gonna say. I'm afraid to guess these guys.
Speaker 4: You got to guess somebody.
Speaker 2: Randall Cobb.
Speaker 4: Randall Cobb is not on the list. No, no, no, you just can't miss another one.
Speaker 2: I can't miss another one. Uh.
Speaker 4: I thought betting on Ryan was gonna work because he was on such rum. He's saying, even he's saying, but then there are people you have missed, some obvious, obvious ones like that. But there's at least one. Even Mario would know.
Speaker 2: I'm scared to guess a younger guy.
Speaker 4: Well that then don't guess an older guy.
Speaker 2: An older guy that I'm missing. That's obvious. Yeah, Bill Ransdell.
Speaker 4: Bill is not on the list. Thirteen Jared and Lexington, are you there?
Speaker 6: I am here.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Jared, you are the winner by betting against Ryan. You get tickets to the opening game. Are you excited? Yes, yes, very excited. All right, you hang on and you give Shannon your phone number and email. Okay, we'll do thanks Ryan Kid, all right, I'm going to give you someone. Jim Cobatch. Jim Kovach is on the list. But how about Bear Bryant.
Speaker 2: I guess he probably would have been on the list.
Speaker 4: How about Bland and Callier? I mean you got Jerry Clayburne. You didn't think to get Bear Bryant.
Speaker 2: I'm doing Jerry as a player, not as a coach. George Adams.
Speaker 4: Did you say Sonny Collins? No he did, not Iermail Allen, I'll admit I didn't. Samball, Calvin Bird, Roger Bird, George Bland, A, Bear Bryant, Warren Bryant, Jerry Flavoring, Blant, call your Sonny Collins, Ray Carrell, Tim Couch, Bob Davis, DERMONDI Dawson, Joe Feederspiel Fetterspiel Fetterspiel, Bob Gaine, IRV Good, Mark Higgs, Tom Hutchinson, Clyde Johnson, Wah Wah Jones, Shipwreck, Kelly, which I remember because I think it's such a great name. Ralph Kerchival, Rick Kessner, Yeah, never heard of him. Jim Kovach, Dicky Lynes, Charlie McClendon, Steve Miller, Mellinger, Lou Michaels, Doug Moseley, Rick Norton, Rick Newsom, Babe Perilli, Derrek Ramsey, Jay Rodemeyer, Dave Roller, Howard Schnellenberger, Larry Seipel, Washington, Sereni who Shannon is wearing a leather helmet in this in this picture? Which is great? Bernie Shively, Art Steel, Herschel Turner, Harry Yulensky, Jeff Van Note.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta be honest, I've not heard of probably twenty of those guys you just mentioned. I heard of him.
Speaker 6: We talk about how we need to retire basketball jerseys, is which the most recent football Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was an old US. Can we can we say something yeah that hopefully we don't offend people. We got way too many old guys in both the football and basketball ring of bother, and not enough new guys.
Speaker 2: I can't believe there's nobody from them we experienced.
Speaker 4: Have too many we've got. And I'm not saying you take the old guys down, but I do think we've got to like establish some standard as to what we're actually saying these people, because, like you're right, some of these names.
Speaker 2: Twenty of those guys I've not even heard of. And Tim colchw recent one.
Speaker 4: Eight years ago, Jacob Tammy, No Randa Randall Cobb, Andre Woodson.
Speaker 2: I was going to go through a bunch of those guys in that.
Speaker 4: But we've got Ermale, Mo Williams. I'd put him up there. Williams, Yeah, I mean Iermau played quarterback in nineteen thirty nine, right nineteen, I mean they did they even throw it in nineteen thirty nine.
Speaker 6: He went four for six in the game against Trains. We knowhing he gets rmal But you know what I'm saying, names.
Speaker 2: I've heard that name.
Speaker 4: You've heard of Irmore, Ermel, How do you know Armore?
Speaker 2: Because he's a hell of a quarterback by.
Speaker 4: Rich Brooks, let's put him up there. So anyway, Rich, there is the Uh, there's your list. And Ryan, I thought you were on one.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I thought I was going to get to the Rich Brooks era and just nail about ten more guys and then none of them are in the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 4: All right, well well done, thank you for trying. Uh. As always, the brain of Ryan Lemon is a mysterious place. Uh. But it was good playing. Thanks to the folks for playing Shady Rays. If you need sunglasses, you go to Shady Rays Shady rays dot com, same qualities two hundred dollars sunglasses. However, they are not nearly that expensive. You can they are clean, classic styles that look sharp without trying too hard to go to one now Shady rays dot com. Use my code KSR for thirty percent off at Shady Rays or schety raised dot com. Little basketball talk is Pope gonna get another player? Plus, we have some questions that have come in from the audience. Shannon, remember our relationship advice, So yeah, yeah. A woman came up to me and Drew and Mario at Billy's Bachelor parties and began yelling at us, really about She said, My I'm a therapist and my husband listened to the podcast with you and Shannon given relationship advice, and she listened. He listened to that and not what I do for a living. Well, maybe we know more than her, That's what I said. She didn't really like that when I said that. So we have a couple of those questions coming to It's k Welcome back, Tell You Sports Radio. I love. During the break, Ryan loves to rant about Sam Newton letting in all his friends, go ahead, do it do on the air what you did during the break.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of guys, especially in the basketball, hanging from the rafters. Rafters that kind of got dedicated when Sam was the athletic director.
Speaker 4: But didn't that what you should do in your friends? Like if I became a d I'd put you in the rafters.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that. I'd be like then I'd probably go up and take it down. I don't deserve to be up there.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mitch didn't have friends and see didn't never do it. No, it is.
Speaker 2: It is weird. We've not done a basketball ceremony. Tony Delk.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous. We have no basketball players that have played since nineteen ninety six, and we have no football players that have played since nineteen ninety eight. That's ridiculous. That's been twenty five years. Are you gonna wait till these people die?
Speaker 2: And fans love it. It's a special night when they get to do something like that, and it's.
Speaker 4: Great for the fawn Prince. That should be this year.
Speaker 2: It should be why not?
Speaker 4: You should be doing Tate, You should be putting Tayshawan prince in the rafters this year.
Speaker 2: Craig East is not yeah, one of the all time Craig Sec not just UK SEC.
Speaker 4: So I mean you so, if you're gonna do order it, you would go Craig East.
Speaker 5: Then like Jacob Tammy, yeah, all that group, Wesley Woodyard and then Randall Cobb, Richbrooks on the But like what I mean, Mitch was such a stick in the mud.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: We're not putting anybody up there except Joel Ostein.
Speaker 2: I'm allowing Joe. I was kind of amazed when you were reading off the names and then like there's twenty of those guys. I didn't didn't even know.
Speaker 4: I'd be upset if I were Jacob Tammy and Joe Joel Holstein. By the way, schedule for the Alabama game. Oh, is his hair is immaculate and amazing. Teeth, Yeah, I mean he doesn't let anybody into his church during floods. But the teeth, the hair, it's great hair. It's great hair, great teeth. All right. The fifth year ruling. The legal issues are still complex, but as of today, fifth year players can play, but they either have to have entered the portal not signed a full time contracting the pros or stay with their same team. Alex Safari, of course, is the football player that in theory that applies to that Kentucky could get. We talked about that yesterday. What about basketball? There are two names that keep coming up. One is the dude from Michigan State, but I guess all the information. What's his name? Coxler Color Color Coler. He gave us twenty He was nasty in the game last year. He gave us twenty. We could use him. He's the kind of player they need. But it looks like everybody thinks he's going to go to BYU. How do we keep losing to BYU? What is it with? It's pretty campus, but it's not all that I mean are why are people? I mean, I get there's money, but like, okay, coffee, If you want to go to BYU, that's fine. Apparently this morning reports are that Mark Pope zoomed with Keishawn Hall from Auburn. He averaged twenty points a game last year. He did enter the Portal. If the rulings as they exist now stand, he will be eligible. Would you want him at Kentucky? Uh?
Speaker 6: Yes, I think we still need some pieces. I know there's talks of not the best locker room guy, a little bit of a ball hall. He's one of these players. It'd be his fifth school in five years. He's never stayed one place more in a year. There's a lot of negatives around him. But with his scoring, he even rebounded well. I mean I think they still need someone. You think there'll be a couple of guys like why did I go to that school? If he played I because he'll start. Yeah, he'd have to start.
Speaker 4: He would put McBride or the kid from Senegal, he'd send them to the bench.
Speaker 6: But if not him, And you said Cole, even though you got by U, there's a few names. You gotta go, you gotta go out.
Speaker 4: Do you worry about him? I mean the reports about him are always locker room problem. I worry more about our current team than do the locker You really are pessimistic about the team. So like the depth, I think we still need more pieces. Okay, if you're the coach, you're taking yes, what about you?
Speaker 2: I think you definitely pursue that's a position of need, Like that's a guy a position where I think you could plug him in and he'd be our starting guy right there.
Speaker 4: I think he would definitely start. Yeah, probably move. I don't know if he played the three or Melan would play the four. I guess it just depends on the matchups.
Speaker 2: But so you got an elite scorer out there you can add to your lineup. I think you have to pursue it. Whether he's a locker room problem or not, I think maybe.
Speaker 4: So you don't worry about what we would hear about it all you think that can you think Pope can make it work.
Speaker 6: I mean, I hope he can make it work. That's a big part of the job. But you just don't think we're good enough. So we got to take him, and I think we will be good, but we will not be Kentucky. I want to get back to a final four. We talked about the drought. We need to get good, good elite. I told you you can have Cohler or him. I might go Cohler. I see, I might too, but then we would I mean, but then the defense. But he could rebound. Yeah, he's at Michigan State six.
Speaker 4: What is he eight? Yeah, he's the Michigan State six eight white guy where they've had twenty straight years of them, but he can step out and hit the three can. Yes.
Speaker 6: Also like Mark Mitchell that played at Missouri, who scored a million points last year, he had several games with thirty Is he in the portal? Yeah, I think he He might even lead the SEC in scoring. I would look at him too, but I really anybody, I think I think this is created an opportunity where some teams are gonna get hoses. Where they had a great roster already, now there's no spots. The teams like Kentucky that left an opening could actually make a big jem actually could.
Speaker 4: End up and have made it real smart that Pope did not take a guy.
Speaker 2: It's kind of how we got Momsilovitch. We ended up with a bucket load of money then.
Speaker 4: Spend for him. They tried on this one. Okay, so these guys will probably all cost three million dollars. Kentucky can come up with three million dollars, yeah, tomorrow. I mean we've already spent a lot. This would probably make us if we were to go get spend three million dollars on somebody, we'd probably be the most expensive roster in the country.
Speaker 2: Again, you gotta win then more than Louisville.
Speaker 3: Louisville spent how much and.
Speaker 4: We'll be right there with them. I don't know who. I mean, it's hard. We don't know official numbers, so it's hard to know, but we we will be right there with it. I mean, what if I mean, if we're spending the most money two years in like, you gotta get results, it's right, but we need results, you know. I don't want to be miss pessimistic and I'll doom and gloom over here. But I think we're just headed back for another season where we're like, I don't know how to judge this, but you could go add one of these really stars that have now Cohler, Mitchell, or Hall. You're adding the player that probably will at least in the case of Mitchell and Hall, have averaged more points than anybody you have on your roster right now. In theory, you would be adding your star player. Whether it ends up being that or not, you gotta be like, if that doesn't make you better, then what what's going on?
Speaker 2: And it is it safe to assume that they're gonna get somebody? I mean, they're gonna get up one of these maybe one of these three. They're gonna get.
Speaker 4: Somebody on how the court rulings go. But yeah, I mean the NCAA just needs to throw up the white flag on this issue. There's the NCAA just needs to stop fighting. Just let these dudes play one more year. Congress looks like at some point it's gonna pass. That's the legislat. Just let it go. Why fight this, Yeah, it's one more year. Why are you fighting these guys. You're gonna end up with some court rulings that let some states players play and other states not. Just let them. It's one more year.
Speaker 6: Just let it go, wouldn't you agree? Yeah, especially because my team needs it would be so good to have.
Speaker 4: On our team. If we added Alex Safari and Keishawn Hall, like we should throw the court. The judge in Colorado a party, right, it's burn couches, that's right, all right,