Speaker 1: Good Fox Entertainment. Please, I'm a Wick Butchers. So with speaking Gregg Butchers had he fad and Rick Boches.
Speaker 2: What America? America is ready? My goodness coming in Dreggs. North Carolina minions are ready fight He's ready. Alamo, Tennessee said, we're born ready ready time that sure being with US Union Mississippi. Hey, Glen, Alabama, Homo game Vines, you're ready and you can't have a day. Here we go. John Cooper's black socks are ready. Atlanta, Georgia is ready. About Fort Rutgers, They're ready. Good read Arkansas ready? Kaylee is ready, Hey, Kaylee, let's go. America dragged the Haunty Chicken House at Hollis Crossroads is ready ready, Ken Monday, Illinois, Retalla, Alabama, Dothan, Alabama. Rider dovaty, We're ready, Burgs. I see you, Kentucky, I see look at there's a there's a steel mill ready, Huntl's ready. Loganville, Georgia Ready the horse capital of the world. Kentucky again Ready, Speedy, Greg and Adler also ready. Hello Fellas, Hello, look at that man just pouring in. How about this? I know exactly where the haunted Chicken House is do you really never worked around it? Well, you actually did a job there one day, did you really?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that. I've been a few places. I know a thing about Cleveland County. I'm a little bit sharp, so mentioned something I know about it first hand experience.
Speaker 4: What is a haunted chicken house.
Speaker 2: It's an old chicken house and it's all around Halloween. They do it. They set it up and people come from there many miles away to go through the haunted Chicken House. Yes, and there was once a rooster. Oh, there was a rooster they kept killing, but he never quite died. Oh. Walk in there and it's like, I will say this, and I may have made this up. Got doodle boo the same chicken house before it became the Haunted Chicken House. When we were working there, they actually if you've ever been to like Old Navy, and they'd have them old timy trucks in there with clothes on and stuff. Yes, that guy made him. He would refurbish it. He would go and and in fact, toy day.
Speaker 4: Old Navy got the old trucks.
Speaker 2: From He would go around and pick look for a certain model and he would find them and then he would bring them there and they would make him, get him ready to go, and get him ready to go. Do we still have where we live? Is there still an old Navy? There was it one time? Is it gone still there? I bet I've been there. I've been I bet I've been in there three times to my whole life.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I think I'm wearing old Navy right now?
Speaker 2: Start out with so much knowledge. I apologize, yeah, looking around like you think you should. You know, I got a few stories and somebody got their sleep last night. They don't think it's knowledge of goun to sent me automatic. It's fully sitting up everything. Look at it a little twist that nobody says.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: I grew up on old Navy, by the way, so that truck is very nostalgic for me. It was like a cool store that we could afford. I was like, oh man, I'm wearing cool kid jeans. Now, yes, it is amazing.
Speaker 2: It wasn't abouts. When did When did old Navy become a thing. I don't think it was. We didn't have that we were kids. My kids got to experience.
Speaker 4: No, No, it popped off when I was like riding getting cool and wearing cool trust.
Speaker 2: Me, if it had been available when I was a kid, same thing would have happened to me. That happened with every store because I was a fat kid unavailable.
Speaker 4: Sorry, buddy, I was on the other side of that spectrum.
Speaker 2: Old Navy didn't. I never noticed him to have a lot of a lot of selection in the husky department. That's one thing I can say growing up, I didn't dress better than you, but it was It wasn't your fault. Yeah you did, It wasn't your fault. I'm gonna let you in on something now that I was really small. I'm gonna let you on something now that I'm sixty because it doesn't matter now. It bothered me that that you got to wear Jordash jeans and I couldn't. Then I remember thinking, man in her cool jeans, look at Gregs jeans. That's all going. Everybody school had Gjeordash on ship except you. You had big yanks. Oh that's great, big yanks. It says.
Speaker 6: The prototype for Old Navy was gap Warehouse. It was renamed Old Navy during the rollout of nineteen ninety four company.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was that was nine years old. I was like, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: Was my kids performance fleece. Whenever the school year starting, you go school shopping for clothes, lisaid, always going there and buy clothes the heads. Oh yeah you could. I mean you have to go work over time, pay for him. Do you remember we had to break it to Speed that he need to quit wearing the buckle. He's too old for him. You tell me what did you think related?
Speaker 4: It's related?
Speaker 2: Do you know that?
Speaker 1: The Oh yes he was?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah he was. He was. He looked like a white break break dancing. He did like a white bread. The early days of the Rick and Bubby Show, I was, I was working with Vanilla. Yeah, that's dope. Represent the playhouse. You got a problem, Rick, I'll solve it. That's sick out the speedy. Did we give a cardboard? Now? I never did. I never did that.
Speaker 4: So you funk dogs?
Speaker 2: What legal dog matter?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: You had rooms?
Speaker 4: That's Finn, it's Finn.
Speaker 2: That was cool. Yes, you're right, you're right about that texture. He was pretty urban texture, that great texture. Decider. What brand you wore? Rick? And I said, that wasn't an official brand, but that's what my dad, That's what my dad called him. George.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, rhymes with I'm.
Speaker 2: Just sitting here. Be quiet right now. Y'all got my leg going fish. You should do that on camera. You got my leg, somebody's gonna take that making get my leg back then like I had. Somebody's gonna pull that off off the arch after day, you're gonna be trending the guys. I mean I had a picture in my my old office of speedy and leopard pants. Yes that was that was during a fat fest. Well that there was still Leopard and still owned it. I just I know, but you warm fast, Yes, yeah, that's true. He wore when he's out on Now you know you didn't know, now you know. I'm just well, I'll tell you this. You knew about old Navy and everything else. Yeah, I'm full of Greg. Greg, get you right here. You dressed pretty snappy in the day. It was a little more stylish. Yeah, because is this when you were high? I wasn't that great. Remember the article that said la up and dating should go? Because did you did you part down in the middle and do a little wing? Yes or no? Oh? Yeah, but cut? I wasn't that snassy as dress flannel and Levi's snassy at chih Hall one could be that's true. I did have one pair of Parashue pants. I got to it. You knew I didn't wear them a lot. You had them. Do you remember when you would wear those chef pants a lot? Oh yeah, Cherry chef pants. Cherry talks about this to the station. She said, she said, she said, when I met Rick, she said, I mean his his wardrobe. She said it was just horrible. She said, she's all everyone to wear was those little NFL sweatpants. She said that they thought they thought he was sharp enough. I remember we looked up one time. I don't know why. Jack Stay was playing Troy and Troy and I look up and here comes Rick with those striving pants on and that mullet I mean, like a raider's jacket, strolling into the stadium.
Speaker 4: I mean cool definition of course, let.
Speaker 2: Me tell you. You know what you say. So when you saw that too, out here comes trouble. Oh yeah, here, that's when that's all gone with a handle. Oh that's why it was a married man. You had to stay away from him. Yeah, you know, comes you. I didn't say you for like five years. There comes your brother again. Don't you go anywhere with him? You ain't going man, that's right, my good side. Last text right now that is I guess all right.
Speaker 4: Old Navy used the Chevy thirty one hundred trucks from nineteen forty seven to ninety fifty five hours.
Speaker 2: Apparently got him with some friend of Greg and got it.
Speaker 4: From Greg's friends too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was my friend. But that's where they think about that he's my friend.
Speaker 4: They got they had at one point one thousand, five hundred stores.
Speaker 2: Across the US. Wow, I will come back. Greg got him, I mean race got him clothes for some reasons. Almost set the table. Day. We got a lot coming up.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We're back like going on today America. Listen up a couple updates. So here they are. First of all, update number one. Let's talk about what's going on on the show today. Andy Andrews is back. Be true or bs if you get them right to the will you go bundles bits bucks? Which one will you get? Could be money? So you listen for Andy coming up a little bit later. Very popular news segment here on The Rick Burgess Show. Even later in the show, Scott Jennings he has written a book called A Revolution of Common sense, Donald Trump's Storm Washington and fault for Western Civilization. Scott Jennings will be on the program today. Coming up later in the program if you catch If you can't catch the program live, catch it on the archive today. We'll interview him about the book, so looking forward to that. Also an update on Men Don't Run in the Rain. Speaking of books, a lot of you have been waiting. Yesterday we thought some of you said, oh, there it is, but you found out it was just a podcast that I was on. But today, Audible people, I'm happy to announce the book is now live on Audible. So there we go. We now have them on all the platforms, so you can you can get that on Audible today.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to hear you on that. I really can't the it's I know what you went through.
Speaker 2: Sure it was a lot, but anyway, so it is available, and they was already on some of the other Audible platforms, but but Audible is the big boy and it is live there today. So I listened to it on the way in to be sure I had that run and so there it is. I was. It was weird, Yeah, it was weird, and I realized that I had one date with that wrong But that's fine. But that's okay, no big deal. I don't know how we missed it. But anyway, there you go. So so that's uh, we've got a pretty active show come up. Somebody mentioned to on the text nation and this was another hip pair of clothing that I didn't get to wear. Uh, jams. Do you remember jams? I had some jam I did not They did not make jams for What about sun bridges? Remember them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, none of these things mattered to me. You know what? I had your standard bathing suit that that that was over on another rack. You didn't have sun bridges? No, Greg, you think they had sun bridges and and and.
Speaker 4: They're called sun bridges.
Speaker 2: There was some sun bridges. I think that's what. There we go. So anyway, I was cooling.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, like surfer shorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. Somebody said, what happened to parking lot password? I was thinking about that, Speedy. I think you need to go out next week. Okay, I think we need and I think we need to do that again next week for whatever. Yeah, I was. I had to wait till I had some cash because you know, Speed is not giving it. So now we've been really busy. So the biggest problem is we we have to have a time that we can kind of do without speedy for a little while. And boy, we and had one those in a while.
Speaker 6: But I thought about we should have done parking lot password at Regions and just walked around the gallery.
Speaker 2: That's funny. But parking lot password will be back next week. We will do that. I thought about doing it this week, but again it looks pretty active, so you know, with Andy coming on and we've done some contests, so I thought next week would be a good one. So look for that and we'll try what we did when he was in Huntsville is we'll tell you where he's going to be, so if it's in your market, you can go see him. So we got that coming up on the show too, and I've got a couple of other things. I thought this had already happened, but I'm holding this right now in the updates today and it looks looks like so is it just now official that Tuberville has announced he's running for governor of Alabama? Yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yesterday, I thought that had already happened. Now, yes, you know, it's just you. You you knew days ahead. I mean, you knew about it a week ago, you were talking to you were talking off air, but they officially they announced it yesterday.
Speaker 2: That Okay, I thought there was official I thought we said on the air one day. People were telling us Fox News is reporting the Tubriles announced he's running from the governor, and we mentioned that on the air. I thought it was rumor. Yeah, there was much you were saying. Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: It was because I mean, I know, you watching a movie. You can't help but tell us this was eating you alive that you couldn't tell everybody.
Speaker 2: Sure, I got to hurry up watch Earnhart thing. Yeah, you have to race Rick. But then you're right though, in that it's based off history, you gotta kind of know it. I had forgotten, though, Neil Bonnett, the details around that. See there we got's leave it leave alone. Here we go there we go leave it alone.
Speaker 4: Stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know, I'm sorry, Gregg. Yes, you realize how many good drivers we've had that come out and came out of Alabama and NASCAR, and most of them out of Hueytown. Ye, there's the Alabama Gang and also you know who else is out of Huetown, if I'm not mistaken, Ruby stuttered, Uh, I think, I think. I think Huge Town, Alabama gave us Bobby Allison, Donnie Allison, Neil Bonnett, Davy Allison, Davy Allison, Rubert ruben stuttered in quarterback. Jameis went, Jamis Winston all out of Hughingtown. And I heard jamis pretty good race car driver, not bad. What ruben Stutter went to? What high school hometown he went? I think he went? Yeah, yeah, number two O five ricks got me hughe No, no, I'm going to tell you something. All fair, Here we go, because where I got that. Sherry told me some things last night that were told to her. And apparently we have someone in our circle right now. And you know these people, you got to watch them that are confidently wrong. Oh yeah, I'm talking I'm talking about I'm talking about confidently wrong. Yeah, almost convince you you're own right. And that was one of the facts. And there was another fact about Ruben that she was completely wrong about that. I had to say, baby, that's that's not right. And she goes, how'd y'all get on Ruben? Well, like Ruben somehow that Sherry asked me a question. Well, I better not, it'll get back because you just said off air.
Speaker 4: Where was Ruben stuttered born West Germany. He was born in Frankfurt. His dad was stationed there. Thank you, velvet teddy Bear flying to.
Speaker 2: The ship by the way. I was surprised. I was surprised a lot. I was surprised Adler because to me, tuble Bull I think will win the governorship going away in Alabama. But I was surprised when you posted my interview. Every anytime you post an interview of me or US interviewing SABAN, I know, well, there's weird people with SABAN that do say weird things on comments. The comment group, I realized, is pretty much if you're a little bit off, you'll find your way to a comment.
Speaker 4: You'll you'll post, you will post.
Speaker 2: And you'll and you'll you'll you'll shoot ready aim to you you'll you'll post something so fast without the facts, you know. But but I was surprised how much negative we got on the comments about Tuberville. He's got a lot more. He had a little more negative than I thought. Really, yeah, but nothing to do with teams or anything like that. Like some people. I was surprised. It was. It was not as received as much as the interview with Barkley and and Saban would.
Speaker 6: Think Tubarville falls into the the you know, the Trump camp. So if you don't like Trump, you're not gonna likelle haters are going to run to your comments.
Speaker 2: And it was it was I've heard some of this other though before, but I mean, I don't know enough about it to to we need to get Tuberville on. But but I will save from what I've gathered, and I noticed some people did not agree. Uh. I thought, he, you know, fault the way you wanted him to fight as a senator, and I kind of hate to lose him in that spot. I know, I know. To me, Am, I just wrong that being the governor of a state it doesn't feel as influential as being a senator in the States of America. I mean, you're running Alabama, which that'd be none right, Yeah, the impact.
Speaker 4: Can the governor choose the time zone? Really, it's the main thing.
Speaker 2: That's like, by the way, that's by the way, that's a no okay, yeah, yeah, it's it's it's federal. If you if you want to do it, do it the way we want to do it.
Speaker 6: I know that you told Tuberville you had mixed emotions about it. He kind of looked at you. You're like, I really don't want to lose you. Yeah, you know in Washington, I mean, am i am? I?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 2: I impacted more by what happens at the Senate or what happens in Montgomery. I gotta say the Senate. Lit'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's let's take a moment. Uh you look around right now. If you have a conservative ideology, you can get yourself in a mode thinking we're winning. Uh, hey, we've done it now. That will be a mistake because that we've done it. Part. If you think that everything's just going to change because of the direction we're going right now, that's not going to happen. The left is going to fight even harder, and the mainstream media is going to think, well, we got to do something to turn this around. This is why Blaze TV is more important than ever before it exists, because there is a world full of noise, and we need a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, and fearless commentary that helps us make sense of the Chaos. It's on demand and you can get it on any device. If you have not subscribed yet to Blaze Media, don't forget. Blaze TV also has Rick Burg's show Best of Our We've got the new podcast Strange Encounters, which they're producing and helping us with that. So for about eight dollars a month, you can be you know informed with Blaze TV. This is the you know, the way investigative journalism at one time will standard not anymore. You'll find it there documentaries that shed light into the deep state. So why don't you make the move now to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick and get twenty dollars off an annual plan right now BlazeTV dot com slash Rick now more than ever Blaze TV, Unfiltered, unafraid and on demand. All right, we're back. Thank you for being with us today. Okay, so Arkansas off the text Nation. I have to correct you as you're correcting me. There's one thing you're leaving out, so from text Nation, Rick, sorry, you're mistake. In Arizona and Hawaii do not participate in daylight Saving Time. Thus they're set by the state, not the federal. Well where you're right and wrong, And where I'm right and wrong is you're talking about if you decide not to participate, then yes, you can do that as a state. But in Alabama and a lot of us that are, we feel too far east when we're on standard time in the winter, we get dark about four thirty. So what the people of Alabama want is to stay on daylight savings time, not to stay on standard time, which means not to participate. So if you choose not to participate, yes you can do that as a state. Or some have done that, and I think you mentioned two of them, but there was an e I think Indiana did that at one time. I don't know if they still are or aren't. But if you want to stay on daylight savings time and move forward, that has to be done at the federal level. So you're half right, half wrong, just like I'm half right, half wrong. So it's according to what your state wants to do. For us, it would be a federal decision. And trust me, we know that because we've exhausted ourselves trying to get that done. So we will see what the federal government decides. If we can stay on daylight savings time, year round. All right, so too, I want to if anybody got any like a house you need to sell, have you you you know, and maybe you've like, all of a sudden this week you've had to sit down with your family. I've gotten emails from people that had to do this because they're talking. They started asking me about affiliates and all this. And you know, you work for a company that may decide hey today, hey Greg, we're sending you and you and your family y'all got to move to Atlanta. You're like, wow, what what? Yeah, you need to be there Monday. So and then you're like, we got to sell this house. And I know guys that said you know the wife had to be left behind to try to figure out how to sell the house. Well here's or maybe you've inherited, you know, a house. Mama died and she left her house to you and you're like, well I don't need another house. Or you bought some property that's got a no farmhouse owned, or something that's kind of gotten in and you know, in bad shape. Well here's the people you need to talk to. It's called sell my house fast call them today. Good people. If you go to Google, you said they have five star reviews, I mean tons of them. Also, they're very fair. They're very clear that you won't be paying any commission to real estate agent, okay, and if the house needs to be cleaned out, it needs to be repaired, whatever, they'll do all that. Basically, they'll take this off your hands and give you some cash. So why don't you call them one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four one eight hundred seventy three four zero five zero four, or if you can't write that down right now because you're ten and two, go to rick burgesshow dot com and look under sponsors. You know, all the different states have their different reputations. And I've heard this said before, the average driving speeds. Now, this this thing is around the world really as far as is the country is concerned. Just from my own travels, and I haven't been everywhere, but based on my own travels in our country, it feels like that our home state of Alabama has to be up there high on people who drive very very fast. Yes, we are stock car people and we all drive as if we are racing at Talladega. Yeah, I mean that's a fact, and it is one of the highest states. And without boring y'all, this on this study basically using data from Google Routes API, they plotted both long distance and urban routes across multiple days to calculate the average driving speed around the world, and then they broke it down to the US and and all that, and the way it comes out is that, uh, you've got some because of rural areas and they're able to maintain long distance speed and I have to stop and slow down. Sure, you have states like Wyoming and New Mexico and others that allow you to travel at higher speeds for a longer distance. I need to move there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But however, looking here at the fastest state, it claims that Wyoming is seventy one point eight miles prior in my average, But Alabama is sixty nine point three miles per hour, Arkansas is on up there at sixty nine point three miles an hour. You got Tennessee at sixty six, and you know, you kind of go through it all and it all comes out.
Speaker 2: New Mexico's are seventy one.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, New Mexico and Wyoming are at the top. But as far as the world goes, it looks like the United States has an average speed of sixty eight point.
Speaker 2: One miles USA, USA, USA.
Speaker 6: China sixty one point four, Australia sixty miles an hour, Canada sixty seven does on Kangaro, Yeah, we're used to the UK's at fifty three point five.
Speaker 2: I was surprised because I think all of us when you said the world, we immediately thought of Germany because of the Autowa. Yeah yeah, yeah, but they're only number six, They're only in fifth place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fifty eight point three miles an hour. Now, what this does is this takes the.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sixteenth position. This takes France was in fifth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this takes the urban, and this takes the rule long distance, and it spits out an average.
Speaker 2: So you combine them all.
Speaker 6: So maybe it's a little bit more congested in those areas rick where they probably can't let it eat you.
Speaker 2: Probably probably all the other parts of Germany take down their average. Great, right, right, I don't see. I mean I'm looking at their average speed because this is not cities. This is states. When you start getting to the United States of America. But I'm going to tell you something just from experience, if the traffic is moving in Atlanta, it is see you've got Alabama, and to me, Alabama at times feels like Nascar when they didn't have restrictor plates, right, Atlanta is Nascar with restrict plates. We're all ropped by each other and we're all going eighty five miles an hour. Yeah, and if you're in a complete stands yeah. But I mean in Atlanta, if that traffic is moving and it doesn't matter how to go, you better you cannot gooph around. No, Atlanta feels really really fast moving. Yes, but it was.
Speaker 6: It was weird because it was breaking down. In the US, it says the high speed limits in the country are normally around seventy miles an hour on rural interstates, but there's a toll only Texas State Highway one thirty with the highest limit at eighty five miles an hour.
Speaker 2: So that's that's letting it eat a little bit. So if you look at it to your point, if you got wide open spaces as those surprise, Montana didn't do better. But if you have wide open spaces, Wyoming in New Mexico obviously have got that seventy one because of their wide open spaces with wyoming with a slight lead with the point eight versus the point zero. Right, But as you pointed out, Alabama really almost is. I mean, we're just a few, just a few off of their speeds correct, and we're in the top five. It looks like at least now. I will tell you the bad thing about Alabama is we have people that go really really fast, but we don't have great drivers. Especially if it rains, they're they're not great drivers.
Speaker 4: We have some unskilled drivers.
Speaker 2: Wow, we have unskilled drivers.
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people that are in a very big hurry to get where they're going. And then there are some people that don't know where they're going, and it's like they're just making it up as they do it, Like am I going to turn right here?
Speaker 2: I'm not. I can't remember the last time I saw a blinker in Alabama. No one uses a blinker. If you're turning, let's see it ahead, you know. And I think it's what you're talking about. I don't think they know that whether they're turning or not. Do people not know?
Speaker 4: Are they just like deciding?
Speaker 2: I think they're too busy texting, texting, and driving. Oh my way, it was raining so hard you couldn't see nothing. And some moron is out there with no headlights on, and I nearly cut over on top of them because I couldn't see them. Right, I'm like, moron. I know most people have the auto, but evidently there's still people, you know, who don't.
Speaker 4: I guess now we know that that's who that sign is for lights on when raining, that's who that sign is for.
Speaker 2: By the way, you training hard, like I almost turned right in front of did you see Babylon B Yes, it's true. You are the one person that contection and drive shows a person you know, because everybody thinks they can do it, you're doing it. But yeah, that that that that has not helped us. That that's you know, that's that's added a whole new element. Yeah. So anyway, so there there's the top speeds. Not surprising to me, not surprising. We'll go fast. Let's go ye. And by the way, just so everybody knows, we are not all on the same page in our country about the state troopers or any other law enforcement giving you ten miles over the speed limit. That's something I was told as a kid. I guess by some maybe my grandfather. I don't know, but I found out that is not true to the restate. Trigger was mad at you. Yes, he was got real mad at I don't know about it. I didn't say it trying to be a smart ad like I said it like I thought it was a fact. He was like, you realize you're going eighty miles an hour. And I was like, yes, sir, and he just looked at me. He said, well, the speed limit seventy. I said, but y'all give us ten. Who told you that? And I said, That's what I've always been telling They said. Someone said, well.
Speaker 8: You remember nine, you're fine. Ten your mind is what the police officers said. So it's nine, nine, you're fine. That's why I go eight, because what.
Speaker 4: If there's a little bit of whatever I go, I go seven, you go seven.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 4: That's wisdom.
Speaker 2: That's why you go seven. Just interesting choice, perfect number, but insting choice seven, Lucky said. They seemed to. When I go by them, they don't flan, they don't they don't mind it.
Speaker 4: They're waiting for somebody going ten.
Speaker 2: Are y'all cruise control people?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, every second possible.
Speaker 2: Well, not in town obviously. Yes, I like a good cruise. I don't use cruise because you're don't use crew on the interstay on the day. I gotta make adjustments.
Speaker 4: Now and consistent.
Speaker 2: Is your cruise not adjusts for you? And and I don't that's too much going on. I'm gonna race, guys.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Don't forget the Wednesday Bible Study today at noon Central Time on The Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Job Chapter fifteen today. Uh So, Wednesday Bible Study is back today. Andy Andrews comes up later on to be True or BS an opportunity for you to win something. Scott Jennings, our guests today, will talk about his new book and what is it like to be on CNN and deal with those idiots? So that's coming up a little bit later on in the program. Men don't run in the rain Today it is on Audible. A lot of you been waiting when's it coming to Audible. It's there today, So there you okay. So you know Trump's been handing out pardons. This one Text Nation already talking about it. We see the story to text Nation. Trump announces pardon for Todd and Julie Chrisly. Yep. After the Reality TV stars fraud tax evation taxavation convictions, didn't the mom get out briefly and then they cent her back or something something? I know the daughter has been taking care of the family. It's reality TV, Greg, this is your area. Yeah, the Christlies they're pretty funny. I mean I watched the show. Would he be as funny if he wasn't effeminate? No, I know whatever that means, but be honest. Let's just be honest. So you know where I would Gary be as funny if he didn't talk the way he talked two different didn't have his delivery. Hey, did y'all tell me about what I ain't defendant?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Didn't it than that. We're just saying that. Chrishly was, Yeah, he's just funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But apparently President Trump called the daughter to let her know of his decision that he was signing an executive order.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: If they were guilty of what they did, is he just going I think they've served enough time or does he think they got done wrong? Or well, I don't know the details of the case. I know they were you know, like I think they were inflating their net worth to get loans and stuff on false information. At one point, he was living in I think Tennessee that doesn't have a state income tax, but he really wasn't.
Speaker 6: He had a home and Georgia or somewhere, and his son turned him in. Yeah, it said, here's Savannah here, Rick if you want. She announced this on Instagram about thirteen hours ago or so.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Okay, y'all. I tried to do an Instagram live earlier and I was driving trying to get home to get my life together, and we are freaking out over here.
Speaker 2: I have shed so many tears.
Speaker 3: The President called me personally as I was walking into Sam's Club and notified me that he was signing paper pardon paper work for both of my parents. So both my parents are coming home tonight or tomorrow. And I still don't believe it's real. I'm freaking out the fact that the President called me. I will forever be grateful for President Trump, his administration and everyone along the way, all of my lawyers, the people who put in countless hours.
Speaker 2: Talking earlier. What if come find out it was to go there? You know, just kidding news, I know this is a bill you dead, didn't want to get out, but he's it's good. Well she would have been food because you sound just like him. What I'm saying, she was like for some reason, Thurston Highwell has called me and my mom and daddy are getting out, Uh crazy, said, we're on three day cruise. Why why are they getting this? I don't know. I don't know anything about the Christlies, y'all.
Speaker 4: You know that he's just a fan of the show, and he's just like those people shouldn't be in prison and get him out of that.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've been there long enough. I'm just saying, when I when I look at the list, okay, when I look at the list of things we need to do to make America great again? Am I hearing for Trump? This is on the list that that we that we pardon the Chrislies. In the middle of all this we got going on, we're gonna supposed to correct all that we're correcting things. Is this one we need to correct? I don't know.
Speaker 6: It could be that he looked at at who Biden uh pardoned with his auto men and uh he he bidened or he Biden he pardoned murderers and everything else.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's thinking, Wow, let's go with them. Brothers are currently raising their hand, going hey, what about us? What about us? We got a new sentence, so looking at the story. Look at the story. So they they they defrauded allegedly community banks out of more than thirty million dollars in fraudlent loans, as well as tax evasion. Greg you mentioned that they were sentenced to twelve and seven years, respectively. That sentence was later reduced without anyone doing anything. But at one point the mom was out, but then I think they put her back in. They've been advocating for their release since they went to prison in twenty twenty three, and they reached out to Trump for a pardon earlier this year after their conviction was upheld by a three judge panel last summer. Trump's not buying.
Speaker 6: What's the guy from jail that had the exotic animals? Oh yeah, Tiger King Joe. He's been screaming for a part.
Speaker 2: He's been wanting Trump to party. Yeah Joe exotic, Yeah, Joe exiety. So here's there's a piece of work. Here's the quote from Trump. According to their daughter Savannah uh It says that Trump told Savannah to give their parents his regards and wish them a good life. They were given pretty harsh treatment. Based on what I'm hearing, pretty harsh treatment. Congratulate your parents, and I hear they're terrific people. This should not have happened. I don't know. Again, I don't care one way or the other. Did they not do it? I don't I don't know. There's some text nations weighing in on them. True. Yeah, yeah, well they said Rogue Park prosecutors evidence. The guy that testified for them was paid by someone to speak Who's out to get the chrislies? Yeah. This reminds me his oldest son at one point. Right, Okay, well, this kind of reminds me the time that when Jay Leno used to be edgy, and he would he would be mad about things and his beef beef, and the time that he was upset that Emmanuel Lewis was learning martial arts. Yeah. Who A lot of some of you may be too young to remember the show Webster and this was a little cute fellaw that was that was Webster and his and his and his reasoning was who's out to get Webster? Yeah? He's like, who comes in the bar and starts screaming, I'm here for Webster. I mean, I mean, so why is Webster need to fight?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 2: I just don't is there some why are the Chrystlies who you may find them entertaining or not, but who's out to get them? Yeah? When I think of all the people that are victims and people are out to get them, the Christlies never get on my list. Yeah, you know, the Christlies.
Speaker 6: It was one of those shows where I never really watched it, but if I ever landed on it, I found myself watching it and the next thing I knew I was in the next episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, went TV. But I would somehow just come across it, and I'd watch that four episodes like what have I done?
Speaker 4: Did they sell houses?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: What was their thing? Yeah? Yeah, okay, didn't he start in Atlanta or something? I think their show was to teach you how to get along from a community bank. I'm just kidding, and it worked up at this point. Yeah, So I have no idea what happened with the Chrystlies. I don't care about the Chrystalies. Uh, it's an interesting story because I know enough about the Chrystally scene clips and stuff. But it just seems odd that that's on the list of what we got to do to set things straight in America is to get the chrystlies out of the mill. All this will do. We got the big Beautiful Bill, try and get it. Oh, by the way, gets Christmas. Now, the big Beautiful Bill is through the house.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Are we still trying to get through the Senate? Is that correct? Yes, we need that big beautiful Bill. Eli is not happy about it. It goes against a lot of what does is doing. Wait, Eli's not happy with a big beautiful Ville. It is on CBS Sunday Morning. I think he thinks there's too much waste, stealing, much spending.
Speaker 4: Thomas Massy doesn't like it either.
Speaker 2: Top the Hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: So I don't do a whole lot of RV living. But let me tell you one thing mister Adye Van Adler does, and I will tell you right now he'll hit the road and his van and Ladair. You were the one who told me that the Harvest host that that's actually they're a game changer in the RV world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unbelievable what they are offering at Harvest Hosts.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, guys, let me tell you. And Adler was telling me this as I was looking over and learning about this new sponsor. You know a lot of times when you go out on the open roads, I mean, you don't know what to expect. Sometimes you end up in some little rest area or or somewhere like that. But let me tell you. With Harvest host, they can get you set up unlimited, no fees, overnight RV stays at ninety five hundred locations across the US and Canada. All you have to do is sign up for seventy nine dollars a year book your favorite destiny and enjoy unique RV stays all year long. Hey, forget about the nightmare of my RV. Okay, is there even a place that I can park mine? No, you can stop overnight at amazing locations. You can go to museums, farms, golf courses, drive in movie theaters. How much fun is that? Wineries orchards? How about this ad adventure to the travel new destinations. Also some unique businesses also across the country, so you don't miss those for things you might need. So they have fifty thousand and five star reviews and most of the time, when you check in the host that is going to provide where you're going, they'll confirm with you within five minutes. So head to harvest hoost dot com use the code RICKB for twenty percent off harvest host membership. Once again, that's harvesthost dot com for twenty percent off and use that promo code RICKB so they know that I sent you and your RV travels just got better.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Broadcasting for the Real America. Are you ready for a brand new hour?
Speaker 3: Let's time?
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Hey, it's time full the rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Here on America. Come off everything well, we've covered a lone speedee, Greg and Adler all here. If you missed the first hour or any part of the show, catch those daily archives and never miss a moment. As we start a brand new hour of another show, are you ready, It's time.
Speaker 4: Pull the rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: The gang is all here. So as uh as we start this hour, a couple of couple of hay burges, I want to hit just just a few of them. We got to a couple of hay burges here that will require a little audio. So let's see if we can hit these add or the other one I sent from you would be from Nathan, and you've already got the one from Matt. Okay, so those are the two. Let me know. If the Nathan works, it will okay, all right, So Matt first. Let's do Matt first. So here's Matt hay Bird. Hey, Birge, just wanted to share because it's been brought up on the show. Speedy's voice does give out at some of the Stallion's games. He does great, but I thought it was funny after I heard him brought it bringing it up on the show. I've sent audio. I have it, he said. He says near the end, if you listen closely to my video and audio, you can hear Speedy's voice leave him. If you follow it, he will point at his throat when his voice goes you look here, I am here. The cameraman is Kevin, and this is Ethan, and he is who's counting me down.
Speaker 6: And prior to this, they they it was like, you know, first and Gold, second and gold, third and gold, we're trying to hold Michigan out and they and they wanted me to keep let's go get up whatever, and I was telling that my voice is gone. I mean, so they knew it because I'm hollering some of you. You got to come from the dial frame. You keep screaming from your buddy. It's been three and a half hours of this, he used his voice up at the hockey game.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's it's a lot.
Speaker 6: It's a lot when you're hollering outside. And so I knew it was given out, and sure enough it did. Matter of fact, I was like, now, by the way, now you maybe care about the Stanley Cup. I was sitting eating at a restaurant with Sheerer last night and they updated the series just now in Edmonton, and I caught myself looking over.
Speaker 2: She goes, what are you looking at? I said, I need, I need to check on this series. She's like, hockey, I said, stupid speedy Stars Stars lost again last night. It's over all right, So here we go. That's three one down, all right, here we go. That's mister mister pig screaming wild. No, I didn't know the pig was. Yeah, my favorite came up. Piggy Wiggily was a big sponsor of this game. And so mister Pig the mascot was running around with me a lot. Uh and Stanley, who is the Stallion's mascot.
Speaker 6: And so what you couldn't see is on the on the on the big screen, it was me and then mister Pig and then behind him the guys.
Speaker 2: Uh you kind of holding up. At the very end, the voice goes completely. We didn't know that was the last thing, that voice he was dropping. F Bom, you'll always go down. I had no idea. Look, his voice goes away right there.
Speaker 4: You scream it because you're screaming straight into the camera. Is that kind of your Is that your delivery most of the time throughout the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because if if not, if you look up at the jumbo tron and I'm not looking at you, but I'm looking to the side, and that makes no sense because because I'm looking at the camera, because that's what they're looking at.
Speaker 4: Biggs hair, sure of yours. You're screaming straight into a camera. I did not know that you screamed.
Speaker 7: This is this?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 6: I think it only happened one other time. I think game two. I can't remember. I don't normally have to do this. Derek Scudder is the voice up top and does a great job. And and so we'll tag team a little bit, but sometimes they'll come to me down on the sideline and I'm right up on the guys.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so exhausted. Yeah, pig, that's a big pig. That is a big pig. He got caught up in it.
Speaker 9: Uh and.
Speaker 2: Right here he's got nothing out there, nothing. I gave it all left. It would have been right there, right. You don't have that. I don't know why people do that a lot of times when they're trying to get in my fire. So I didn't really, I'm with the addler. That's so much more intense than I even imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he did cuss off off Mike because look at the look on the pig's face.
Speaker 2: Wow, I've never heard anything like that. Big you know what, the big winked out. I hope you don't kiss your mama with that mouth. It was wow that it was actually really really good. Game came down to the last play. Uh, this was the play that was it? All right? Moving on, moving on to the next one. I just wanted to soired watch myself. Hey bird, hey burge, Uh, this is from Nate from Oklahoma, Greg, Greg, get ready for what Nate's got for me? I tried to send this last week, but I forgot to attach the video, so then I applied to my own email like a good I'm not sure if you saw it. I did not. If you did and you chose not to use it, that's fine. I missed it. I just want to make sure you got it because I think you'll enjoy it. I was getting rained out on the job last week while sitting in the truck. I did not run to the truck. I recorded a little clip waiting on the rain to start and to stop or start to stop. I'm sorry, I just can't believe what I'm reading now the rest of it. Sing a song. He is going to sing a song to you as George Straight sounds like George Straight. Hang on.
Speaker 4: Wearing a cowboy?
Speaker 2: Can I look at this because I'm gonna getting uncomfortable, But we've already been through.
Speaker 5: Less and leave by morning? Up at too way. I'd like to stay home and cut on. Believely, wont me? And I'm glad she's mine. I wish she thought I was fine. Then she unlocked the door Leson Valley by morning.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll just head to show.
Speaker 2: That was a good one. That was good was your job, Nate, Pleasant Valley by morning? You think Nate don't love George Strait Oh got his hat on, ready to rock? Uh, this was gonna own y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: See if I remember this call? See if you remember this call from yesterday? Pleasant Valley by Monday, I want to stay in with Lee. Lee, Hey, birch a bird. It's Macy. You remember this from yesterday? I remember Macy. This is about to own y'all. By the way, well, I just became a bit I just called the show saying that I'm from the same town as Savannah Williams. Oh, that's right. Who wonder just ball battle today? Turns out it's not the same one. I thought it was. No, you gotta be kidding Mesed she was looking around. Nor am I even from the same town. What I have mistaken her for my sister's friend. Thought they looked alike and they have the exact same name. I was so sure it was our friend that I called the show like a good and I'm now embarrassed myself in front of everyone who watches the show. I'm sorry for being a bip. I have my information completely wrong. Fired up. Oh it's from Macy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The girl that was in the live studio audience was kind of had a look on her face. I think about it. I don't know you you know me, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's correct.
Speaker 4: But she didn't want to say so she handled it well.
Speaker 2: She controversy coming Hey bird hay birge from Caleb Hey bird a birdge. I don't use car ride services, but if I did, I would not tip tip for what doing your job? Come on, you already getting a piece of the action. I'm a mechanic by trade. I work on some Uber driver's cars. They've never tipped me for just simply fixing them. So tell Hambone to start tipping his mechanic. By his logic, this tipping nonsense is getting out of control. I had self check out asked me for a tip the other day. Ridiculous. I'm not tipping anyone but waiters and waitresses period. Everybody else is getting paid the rate for the job they do. Why are we tipping them? I have noticed in the past, Hambone, the tip is a mechanic. Some jobs that were normally not tip now they are. I know, yes, I've even heard people claim to go with them Kiosk and it asked for a tip and it's not even a person. Well, I told you the other day. I was the exact same thing. Happened to you that some of the things like if you go down the line, Okay, I'm just coming down the line, I'm ordering before I even sit down. And I'm coming down the line and I see the menu and I ordered to the cashier. The cashier, we'll ask for a deal. Wow.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, yeah, us tipping cultures out of here.
Speaker 2: What about when you have a call in you go get it yourself and pick it out? The same thing, I know, same thing, if.
Speaker 4: You just spun around an iPad. I don't think that's that's all you had to do. I don't think that you should get it.
Speaker 2: They'll spend it too, the coffee people, the coffee they'll spend it. So there's some sorry, I'll go ahead and do it, though, just just a big kind Yeah. It doesn't really make a lot of sense. Though.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the show that would make it against the woos to wear duplicate numbers in football. Rick purchase, Sure.
Speaker 2: So stupid, that's so stupid, hated. All right, We're back, thanks for being with us America. We have a lot to cover today. Instead of come on the program, be True. Our BS with Andy Andrews is back later today. Scott Jennings on the program Men Don't Run in the Rain now available on Audible. When we get that to you too. Coming out this weekend, we have a brand new episode, episode three of Strange Encounters, our new podcast on Spiritual Warfare with Blaze TV that's coming out this weekend, and thank you for all your comments on the first two episodes, and episode four, which will be part two of the Burgess Bass Battle of Tales from the Camp House will be coming this weekend as well. Wednesday, Bible Study back Today will be in Job fifteen. So there's much going on here. We get after it simply out working the competition. We got a lot going on, lots of content, lots for you to enjoy. So when you see this headline. By the way, we had someone ask about the tune in out. We just checked that tune and that's fine, right, it's fine. So if you're having trouble with it, it's it's user error because it's doing fine. Probably just want to refresh it. Since I know so much about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean when all else refreshed, when all else fails, just refresh it. You were reading this off the air speedy, we now take it on the air.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that is that you know, we've been saying if you go back, so I guess when did when did man make climate change become a thing?
Speaker 9: When?
Speaker 2: When when was that kind of the I know, I know throughout my life we've all been you know, they told us to be terrified of acid rain. You don't hear about that much anymore, killer bees, you know, all these different things. When al Gore got beat, I feel like it really took all after that. So there's no there's no first of all, there's no doubt. Just the things that we can gather, uh and things that we seem to all agree on on the history of our planet that there's been some pretty while climate changes even before the Industrial Age and this you know, carbon footprint garbage that started, so the old Earth seems to have been rattling around pretty good. And one of the things that we've said for years on this topic that you know, the question is their climate change and has there been climate change? The answer to that is yes, is it man made climate change? The answer to that, in my opinion, is a no. Are on its best day unproven, still checking, but when you see stories like this, it may start leaning toward. What we've said in our many years of the Rick and Bubba Show, and we continue it on now, is that it's likely that the Earth deals with climate change on its own, and it always has and we've been using the example for years, and I realized this is not new, but just always point. It's a good point to start with. Most everybody agrees that we had an ice age, right, no matter what your no matter what your worldview is or what your ideology is. So one time the climate got so out of whack it froze. That's big. No industry involved, some of you don't even think human beings were involved in I would disagree with that. But and then somehow, some way that ice age melted, which means that the climate warmed. Right. No industry, no no airplanes, no cars, no factories. Okay, so we know volcanoes put carbon emissions and pollution in the air. That would be that some would seem to think almost catastrophic. And the Earth does what cleans itself up? Oil spills, end of time cleans itself up. We help, we do, we play our part as we should, but the earth pretty pretty robust. Well, now we have a story out of Antarctica. Penguin poop may help preserve the Antarctic climate. It's countering what what what people are saying is is damaging. So here we have in nature penguins that look like they're countering the bad by something that naturally occurs, that is, penguin's taking a dump. Okay, right, say it like that in there. Yes, that's how we say it here. Just everybody knows. New research shows that by that penguin waste and Antarctica is an important source of ammonia aerosol particles the help drive the formation and persistence of low cloud which cool the climate by reflecting some incoming sunlight back into space. Somehow, the emissions that come off their poop help form low clouds, which puts ammonia that does this. It's that's what they're saying. Okay.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I've never smelt what penguins drop. No, I have not. I haven't been around a lot of poop and penguin I have. You've been around a lot of poop and penguins a lot. I thought it was a pet store. Nobody sold penguins for pass I'm.
Speaker 4: Talking about it the like the aquarium. Atlanta Aquarium has the whole thing. The room doesn't smell terrible, but it doesn't smell great.
Speaker 2: Now I want you, I want you, I want you to listen to this woop. This is a person called an at atmospheric scientist. All right, okay, I'm constantly surprised. Hang on to this. This is a big statement here from a scientist at the depth of how one small change affects everything else. Now would add to that, and and this person did not add to that. That is a cure that is occurring naturally in nature. None of us had anything to do with what what penguin poop does and how it help. It helps the formation of low clouds. No industry did that. Now, we did not. Elon must did not come up with this to help form low clouds. It's not in the beautiful bill No, which I now y'all got me thinking. I didn't know that, Elon, But I understand his point. So penguins are helping with the warming that some people think is happening. An Arctica, they're actually helping that by just simply living out their lives and leaving behind the waste from what they consume.
Speaker 6: Okay, so penguin poop good, penguin push chicken poop or cow poop bad?
Speaker 2: Cow not poop far far? Okay, all right, got them. But okay, so some poop good, some poop bad. So really, for those of you that worry about the methane that comes out of animals that it is going to destroy the earth, which what a statement, maybe farmers should start adding maybe a little pack of penguins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, guys, we've seen this is the ice core records that they're able to go and get the oldest ice in the world from these ice core records in Atlanta in Antarctica, not Atlanta, Antarctica. And you can see overtime the co two and the temperature going up and down, up and down in cycles over time.
Speaker 2: Over and over and over again. Before industrialism is naturally occurring, we would say, because the Earth isn't a fallen state, up and down, whatever you believe, it does happen.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Neil McDonough is great in the last Rodeo it's in theaters now. Have you been to see it? From Angel Studios? Go to Angel dot com slash rick. You're going to love this movie. Action pack. What's the storybirds retired rodeo legend played by Neil McDonough who straps back in for one last ride, risking all to save his grandson. You think you think Greg now that he's a papa. You think he didn't cry at this movie. Of course he did. He's the oldest rider to ever enter the arena. It's about healing broken bonds, facing the past, proving that real courage means fighting for the people you love. So it's heartfelt. Then it can be raw at times, but that makes it a good movie. And again it might cause you to get a little misty. So go to Angel dot com slash rick. Great idea for a movie this weekend. Grab your seats for the Last Rodeo. That's Angel dot com slash rick for the Last Rodeo.
Speaker 1: This is what Trump had in mind when he sought to make America great again. The Rick Burgers show, There we.
Speaker 2: Go, America. Thank you for being with us as we work our way back. All right, So some of you, when you're out there when you go to say I want to I'm gonna set my alarm system? Do you feel confident about it? That are you while you're locking down? Do you are you unlocking peace of mind? Do you feel good about the current setup? If you're not with simply Safe, likely you feel a little outdated. You're not as certain because one of the things that the old systems can't do that simply Safe can do is it's one thing to react to something bad happening on your property or break in something like that. It's quite another to be proactive and prevent it from ever happening in the first place. Well, that's what'simplysafe, dot Com, slash bit, big vos can can offer you. You won't just be locking up, You'll be unlocking peace of mind knowing it's protected twenty four to seven with ground breaking innovations, Man, I love what they're doing with active guard outdoor protection, Rick, talk about it. If you don't know, this is where monitoring agents use aipowered cameras to spot and engage suspicious individuals proactively. You get security that doesn't just react to threads, but actively is working to stop them. Game changer, so far ahead of the old way. Monitoring plans start around a dollar a day. There's no contracts, there's no hidden fees. There's a sixty day money back guarantee. Take control of your safety today by going to simplysafe dot com slash big vox for fifty percent off, or find a link at Rick Burgess show dot com. Under sponsors. There's no safe and there's no safe like simply safe, com, slash big Vox, Speedy Text Nation. Dallas Stars fans are upset with you. One text you hadn't seen my email. One text, I don't I don't know what to do about it. They're saying that you've mojoed their team by going too a game. But well, because they said you were not involved in the chemistry, because you weren't really a hockey fan. You did this for your son. That's noble, which he's been. He's been with the Stars, but he been, but he brought you in. You're new and they're saying that you, you entering into this atmosphere, has mojo the Stars and now they've lost too in a row since you went to the game. Yeah, of course the Stallions are thriving because you've always been with them. Yeah, yeah, so they got they got stars. Have got to figure it out. Yeah, you weren't new to the Stallions. You started with them, you've been with them, but you're new to the Stars. You're a new thing, been in it. And Mojo noticed you. I noticed the two five six area code called them his stars. That's interesting. Yeah, that is interesting.
Speaker 6: Well, I hope I hope not right now. Looks like they're getting they're getting beat round.
Speaker 2: Is this? Are they in this?
Speaker 12: This?
Speaker 13: Is this?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: This? The winner of this goes to the finals? So who's for lord Stown? Who's the other Florida?
Speaker 6: Florida's up three to one, and who are they playing, Carol, I don't know. I forget who they're playing. But they're up three to one, and then Edmonton is up three to one. It goes back to Dallas Thursday night. If you'll going back, no for game five, and you might as well go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you like to pass along to the audience that you will not be pulling for the Stars anymore so they can move on and you can get out of their business. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if that's Mojo just going to a game, because I'm sure there was a lot of people that went to the game for the first time, going to the game to watch them win Carolina Hurricanes. I thought it was Carolina. Yeah, Florida's up three to one on them, right. I hope not because that would be awful. I don't think I've said anything about them, you know, guaranteeing wins or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hopefully not. But I will say, Joe, I have not heard any much. Yeah, I just really hate that boy. Hey, River was over last night, buddy.
Speaker 6: He was jumping up and down, all fired up about the game, and then he just sat there in his little broke hart watching the hockey game.
Speaker 2: Hockey. Yeah. Yeah, it was two in the final. And your grandson into it now so he can be just well when we when we when we pulled in, please look at him wearing that jersey watching the game. Uh well, I'll send this to Ad, but we're uh he when we pulled in to the house, Uh, the the game was on. So oh, so you watched it? Yeah, I watched the first two periods. Have you ever watched it before you went with Joe? Yeah? Oh yeah, you're speedy, Yeah speedy. I didn'tatch the whole game, have you did you watch the Dallas Stars before you took j C to the game. I did on your own. Yes, yes, I would watch by maybe a period or something. I m you the season the majority of it because they they have they've been involved. You have been following the Dallas Stars in the NHL this season.
Speaker 6: Because of just talking to Jason when you're not in his presence. Yes, I know where you're going on.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know about that. Yeah, huh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 6: I mean if if I and I appreciate Adler being my workplace best friend because I defended him on the Auburn basketball deal, and just because you were rooting for the team.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know that that's a mojo.
Speaker 4: That's not mojo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rick, I had a bark sent to me a graduation and I wanted you guys to graduate. I wanted you to grade the bark. Do you mind doing well?
Speaker 2: I know you've called. Oh yeah, there's a little river watching the game last night. Oh hey, River, I'm sorry your granddad pulled you into this in mojo to the team. Yeah, you got a funny name on your back. By the way, if he was in your house, was he go to bed early. Now he was excited to have a sleep over with Nanny Pops. So did you struggle?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, at about nine forty you saw, Oh yeah, that's I was. We were thriving, I mean, are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: And you just wouldn't go down, and so I, uh so I decided to go to another room. Nan Terry said, you know, I think you might just need to used to get get away and go get a nap.
Speaker 2: And so as I walked. As I walked through, JC was watching the game. Disgusted.
Speaker 6: I went to a guest bedroom and laid down and couldn't go to sleep. And I don't know if I don't know if this is a good point y'all's case here, But even when you go sleep in the bed that's not your bed and it's in the house, do you feel weird?
Speaker 15: I do.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like, you know, that shouldn't be it. I know, but you're right, I felt like I was in an airbnb or something. Yeah, I'm like, this is my house. I pay for this room. Why do I feel weird? I do it? Yeah, it's not what you're used to, even though it's not in your roof. Even though you pay for it. Yeah, yeah, oh man, how can we be uncomfortable in rooms that are in our own home? But you're you're one hundred percent correct. There's been times at Sherry like, you know, hey, I want to be in here and I want to read and I want to keep the light on. I'm sorry, I know you need to go to bed. I just don't want to get up out of the bed and go somewhere else on the couch or whatever. If this is keeping you awake, why don't you just go sleep in another room? And I think I said, when I get in there, it's weird. Yeah, but it's it's my own house. It's so weird.
Speaker 16: It's a room.
Speaker 2: It's a room that we put the furniture in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I say, a guess room, you know, it's it was one of the boys you're talking to now that now that they're out of the house, it's like that's you know, yeah, uh that.
Speaker 2: I just found an.
Speaker 6: Empty bed and went up there and laid down, and I just felt weird, couldn't go to sleep, had big eye. Oh yeah, oh you could still hear ruckus me and my being eye. Then then when I then a while I wake up, and I go through the room to get in the shower where it just sounded sleep.
Speaker 2: You know, nobody cares. Let nobody cares. Nobody cares. One no body care. And I know you got your little chart that keeps it when you sleep. So tell me how what you slept? I know you got to sleep. How accurate it is? Oh four thirteen? Yeah, oh that's speed. Good? No oh no, daddy's hurting.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, So I got ten fifteen pm and woke up at two forty four am. You saw ten, all right, so let's say it. But I hate you know what it was as river just uh. He likes to play night golf too. We'll we'll put the the floodlights on. He'll go outside and hit around a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 6: It was just a muddy mess out there. I don't know if your yards are soaking web. I cut the yard old.
Speaker 2: Mine was unbelievable. I cut the yard last Thursday and it looks like I can't cut it in three weeks. Yeah. Oh, it's just so much rain. I had an unreasonable discussion about it yesterday. I was it was it was, it was unreasonable, yeah, And I was like, why are why are the sprinklers on? And uh? And sure is that? Well, no, if you cut them off, I know you. Last time you cut them off. And this is some outrageous claim. Last time you cut them off, you never cut them on again. And I had some plants died in the backyard. That's not it. That didn't happen. So you were watering grass yesterday, Well what happened? I guess when the power went off. Like I've got a number of things that messed up because my power was off so long. So we come home and it's it's not supposed to be running and it is. And I said, well, I got to cut that off. I said no, And you cut things off, you always forget. I said, I don't forget to turn. I said, baby, we've had ten inches of rain in Birmingham. We don't eat it on Planer's going to be good for a good way. They're fine. Yeah.
Speaker 6: River was so excited about what he calls his Nan and Pop sleep over that he didn't want to eat. And I had a creative way of getting him to eat. Terry had made some cheesecase of das for him. Oh, but he wanted to play football and so so I'll sit on the couch and I'll say, okay, run to the fireplace and go left, turn around and I'll throw it to you. But what I I corporated was all right, here's what I want you to do. Run to the fireplace, go left, go to the counter, take a body of your cheesecase, adia, run around the kitchen and come back and I'll throw it to you.
Speaker 2: And you dive on the cot. Smart And he's like, huh, he ate every cheesecase. That man, that's smart. I mean, that's a granddad who knows what he's doing. And when he would go to the cheese case, I was like, no, big bike, a big bike. Oh that's a veteran. Yeah, everybody, what a veteran move and dove on the couch. Call it the ball. Everybody's happy. Forgot his hockey team was losing, and right, all right, so we come back. We're judging a bar. Yeah, he's got people barking and graduations.
Speaker 6: We'll judge it and stars fans. I hope I didn't yo, you know, don't be mad at me.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 1: Say to a game, this is the Rick Burgess Show, America sweeps well every night, just knowing these four men are on the air. Oh week, w's your show?
Speaker 2: Here we go. It is a brand new day on a brand new show. We've covered a lot. Don't forget the daily archives gang all here smedia, Gregg and Adler as we work through another show together. A lot going on today. The new book Men Don't Run in the Rain now available and audible. A lot of you been asking when's that going to happen? It happens now. It's there there, so you can go take it if you want to listen to that, There you go. Don't forget. Also, if you want to sign copy, June ninth is the cutoff. Sign another three hundred and forty yesterday, so yours may be headed out. They're probably shipping those today. If you want to sign copy for a Father's Day, gift, for yourself, or whatever the case may be, the only way you can get a sign copy is using our links, and those are at the Manchurch dot com, Rick Burgess Show dot com, or Burgessmanistries dot com. And be sure you hit that red hyperlink says click here for signed copy. You cannot get a signed copy on Amazon or anything like that. Now if you don't care about that just go get it wherever books are sold. And there's the hardcover, there's the the kindle, and the ebooks, and also the audiobook now and now all the audio platforms have it. So there you go. Speedy, you said you've been encouraging people. I don't know. There's a great thing. I don't know that people, this is a good thing for you to encourage people to bark at graduation ceremonies. Of all the things you've done, you know, with your life, I don't know that you really needed that one on your resume. So tell me about your life, Speedy. Well, you know, I actually once influenced family members to bark anytime someone graduated that was special to them, and we worked on the bark, but you got to do it correct. Yeah, and I had a certain bark It was I guess you deemed this to be adequate but not disrupted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, maybe it's tough at the cookout when you're staying around with guys that have like really important jobs, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well I have people barking graduating. That's what I do.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: So we had one cent in I want you all to grade this bar? Is this you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: And it's it's a bark in between the clapping, and then he said he let it die down.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit. Take a listen darn it in Sy. Okay, Now, wait a minute, I heard somebody barking early. Did he just let it was just it's just the same. I don't know. Let's take a listen to darn efsy. That's wrong. That's two different markers, that's two different bars.
Speaker 6: Second that he said, I committed to the bar and waited for the slight moment of silence.
Speaker 2: Uh and and and then and then let her go. But much much like the Kennedy assassination, we have another barker. Yes, this is another barker.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it the same barker? But to two barks, this is not.
Speaker 2: The same bar. No, Now it doesn't sound like last someone they said there was like this grassy no. There was a grassy no, and there was a bark coming from there was certain h. So so listen because I got the one guy that barks right when the names and that because they're barking over the top. He's barking. You shouldn't be barking during the right it's an out, it's an outside graduation too. Is that the same barker? I think it was. I think it was a row of dudes and they were just all part of it. And one guy jumped out from the very beginning, Yeah yeah, that's in that that's in, that's in the applause. And he said he let it quieting down and really really hit.
Speaker 4: The emailer is definitely the second barker.
Speaker 2: No question, correct. Yeah. I wonder if he was responsible.
Speaker 4: For the early barks as well. We should ask that first barker.
Speaker 17: It's almost like a whoop now that that that's the first is a weird bark That first barker is the dog that doesn't know you and you're coming down the driveway, you know, like your dogs, like your dogs, Greg, that have caused everyone who delivers things to your home to actually go to another house, Yes, your daughter's house, and there they are celebrating, which we forgot, their anniversary, her and her husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then and then they can't even enjoy it because all your packages are being delivered to your daughter's house because your dogs won't leave people, that's the truth, because they're just so well behaved. And then I and then I get this. You need to go by challenge and get some packages. Why, well, they delivered a bunch there, so then I'm already home.
Speaker 12: Thing.
Speaker 2: The day is over. Now I gotta get packaged off.
Speaker 6: I bet there's an asterisk besides your address. Don't deliver too crazy.
Speaker 2: But dogs are not bad. They're not bad. They just bart have many have they been? That's with him? They bit at him, bit at him. What about the time the guy? Okay, what about when which one of y'all reassured the person and they produced the hand without a finger. Uh, that said, I've been told that before. I saw that. Oh yeah, was that there was an email? Did somebody tell us that story? No, they were in here the other day. They were in here yet it was in the in the box seat. Yeah, yeah, they said that. They were saying that to a delivery person, who then picked up a hand without a finger, said been told that before. Yeah, they're fine, I noticed it. I don't think you can make a future prediction over what your dog's going to do to a stranger. I don't think you can do that. I like the odds right.
Speaker 6: It's always to think the dog owner that says no, think they are. They just they just don't turn you back. You're fine.
Speaker 2: Do they bite it tires? Yes, they do? About your time? Do they jump on it on you and dirty your clothes? They're getting Uh?
Speaker 4: Did they you got junkyard dogs?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did they? They will buy tire? Did they push your wife down so she had to have a row cup shirt? That didn't Okay? I forgot about that, Greg, you sure did. We don't need vox verdict on this one, No, we don't. Okay. The dogs are you got bad dogs? You got bad you got bad dogs? Because then they're right, they're running wide all over pleasant one less cut circles all the time, and and they're free roaming and they're free roaming right, Oh yeah, they're free range so they can go get anybody. Oh yeah, they can go anywhere they want. Does Milly bart oh yeah, okay, well kind of bart her hers is not very like this? Well she gets people? Is she the first? Got the second barker? She's the second barker, but she's got a horrible drown like that. She's that. Okay, by the way, this is not the bark you taught everybody either. Speeding No, that's okay, but yeah, I mean have your own bart. You know you're good with that. We can't all have the same Bart. I thought you taught people to ramp up a little. It's a little you know, I.
Speaker 6: Went, you know that that was just aggressive, but it was outside so they needed to have some volume, maybe a little bit more in your face.
Speaker 7: The one.
Speaker 6: I like the fact that he let it, he let it die down so you could hear it before they announced the next name.
Speaker 2: I like that to me. The first one was too long, too much Bart during during the applause, Yeah, okay, yeah, so that guy did it. It's the perfect time. That was the perfect time.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 2: That's the best bark though. Hey let's let's I mean the efforts there, what our people are? You know what this is? When we're gonna do this, I don't I want this to be American Idol when Simon was still on it. I don't want to be Idol now were No matter how bad you do, they keep telling you they won't be honest with you know what it's like that is anybody ever seen bad anymore? Yeah? I mean they're always I mean, you did you know you did good? I'll say no, but they're not all doing good. Summer getting voted all all right, we'll be back. More to come. We'll get unscreen phone calls into next hour. Chat with you.
Speaker 4: That period of the show produced William Hung.
Speaker 2: That's true. Thank you.
Speaker 4: One of the voices, great voices of our generation.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 19: Listen up, you know.
Speaker 2: You gotta fin.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world, The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. Thank you very much, America. Thanks for being with us. So much to do as we start a brand new hours still to come, be true or bs with Andy Andrews that could lead to shots at the old Wheel. You could spend a bundle, you might spend a bit, or you might spend some bucks cold hard cash baby instead of got the gangs all here speedy, Greg and Abner. We thank you for being with us America as we moved through another one. By the way, a couple of items to start this hour is our gutter people. Are y'all the gutter people out there right now? You know the old days the gutters, gutters, gutter gutters aren't talking about like trash people now, not talking about people who live in the gutter. Now we see those on social media, physical guts. I'm talking about physical gutters on the home. So our whole lot of work lately. The house we live in was built about twenty two years ago, so that was when everybody got into these weird roofs and cuts, and you know, they made the houses almost impossible. These people that now get on these type of roofs and were amazing people. Well, so you can clean out you can clean out the gutters pretty easily on the parts of the house that are low, but on the highest parts of the house with these weird time I mean, I don't have a ladder even big enough to get up there, and and you know, at sixty probably don't need to anyway. But even even Sherry was like, hey, shit, we can clean the one that's right there in front of the front door, but it's the back of the house because our house, we live on one of those lots where you actually come down into the driveway a little bit, and so the house sits right here all that's pretty low, but the back of it hangs down going downhill and that creates much higher elevations. And so Sherry was like, hey, all this rain we're getting in our you know, in our state, in a lot of play says. Now, She's like, man, you can tell some of these gutters are clogged up and the water's just coming over the side and just you know, destroying all the things she's planted and all this kind of stuff. And so she said, just can you get with somebody find out that can come clean these higher parts of the gutters that we can't get to. I said, said, no problem. So I go to my first guy, because you know, you got to have a guy, and he said, here's who you need to call. A text back and forth with this cat a few times, even says he's gonna come by and expect and inspect it to see what he's dealing with. Never hear from him again. For all I know, he's been abducted, or maybe he was sent back where he came from because he was there here illegally. Okay, well I don't know what happened to have got it, but he's gone. Okay, I've even gone. I've even text before. You know, at one point, there's actually in our neighborhood right now, somebody's lost a cat, which I hate to break it to him, means the coyotes of eating it. I hate to tell you that nobody else will tell you that. I'm telling that's what happened to you cat. But anyway I ever find them when they put them posters up, I don't know. I feel bad for this family, but I'm telling you the Codies, oh for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think that's more for the kids. Sometimes you see that poster that's put up, and they did that for the kids.
Speaker 2: Did you know that? I was told I better I guess I won't say who it was in case, in case their kids don't know. I was told over a Memorial Day weekend that there was a cat that was taken by Cody Codies in the neighborhood. It was a family cat. Listen to the brutality of the Codies. I said, are you sure that's what happened to it? Are you just like may you're just speculating because it happens. They said, oh, no, you're not getting graphic. And I said, and of course I couldn't let that go. I gotta know how how do you know? And and they said, oh, we went out to the driveway and and there was the cat's collar just laying there like in a perfect line with a little fur. Bot that's nice. Rick cody didn't deal with that. Thank you for that. The cody said leave the collar. So that means the cat got away, right, Yeah, that's what you tell your kids. All they got was the caller over there. Yeah yeah, now they said. The bad part was the next day actually a letter from the cody. So cat was a little gaming. But anyway, boy, okay, all right, So so anyway, so so I go, Okay, this guy, I'm done with him. I don't know what happened to him. Contact a second guy that I know, another guy that's in the in the in that world. Oh, this is a guy you need contact. Contact him. Haven't heard anything from him, Nobody wants. I'm at the point where I just became the poor slob that's just this now, just searching gutter people in my area, which I know that's a road to nowhere, and you know. And then then I get a bunch of recordings and I thought, that's not good. That they're sucking me in. They're not even here, there's somewhere else. This feels almost like some sort of skin. Before I'm done with these people, they'll have my they'll have my credit card, instill my identity, you know. So what's up with you gutter people? Are y'all in that big of.
Speaker 7: A to me?
Speaker 2: If you get gutter guard and they'll clean it before they put them on. Yea. And now I'm not talking about putting on that kind of stuff. I've been told that maybe I need to. I don't. I don't anybody come pitch me on. I want to sell you something to cover your gutters. I don't need that, you know. Now, if you want to advertise with us, then we'll work something out. Okay, but but but but that's different completely. And I'll check if we got somebody that does that, I may go, do we have anybody does that? I remember one time there was some talk to that. Yeah, so I got a long lad. Yeah, well you're but now you're so handy? Now is this a little too high? Well, one of the things. I don't want to get so handy that I that I'm that I'm in the hospital. This this is the way that you don't you know. Have you seen the back of the house, Yeah, up there, and so I got a couple of spots or tricky so I can't get you know, as as as Mick Jagger saying I can't get no satisfaction. I can't get no gutter person. I can't get no you think they're just so covered? Are they in that big a demand? I thought there's a tremendous amount of gutters. But have you really, like, really gone after these people? You mean, well, look the one guy just for all I know about him, he was he was you know he I just got him. I don't know what happened. The ice got him. That's where he just stopped responding and said he was coming by to inspect. And I said, sure, did you ever see him? Ba come back? Now, I never saw him. I don't know what happened. He's maybe rolling in there before you know it, getting his ladders out. And of course, now, of course, now raise your hand for your husband. Every time it rains, what do I hear every time it rains in the waters's coming up side? Can you not find us a go to person? Maybe I'm trying, and it rains a lot. It was so much. Of course by the time I find him, went raining yesterday was horrible. Yeah it was. It was flooded everything gutters looking said I can't do anything with it. Yeah, they couldn't handle that. And y'all y'all thought you were gonna catch me running in the rain yesterday and that didn't happen. Well, you were you wanted to. No, I didn't flinch. I walked to the wall. I even walked in at the When I went to sign books yesterday, they were all there. They were watching. Yeah, see if I was gonna see if I was gonna run. You kind of had you had a little skip to There's nothing about my walk. My tempo didn't even remotely had a wide gate.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: I did always have normally big wie that you know. You know, I landed on the I got that foot issue, and I've got that and I've got a hip that's not great. And I think you jumped a puddle. Let me tell you when you know you get older. Let me tell when you know you're getting older. When someone has surgeries you know are coming for you and you really want to know the details. So how was that? How long was you recovering? And because you know, you don't know, we videos you did, do you know? But I'm not surprised by that you have video. Now, with our demand for content, I feel like we're getting videoed all the time. I'm becoming Greg I actually.
Speaker 20: Have video of all three of you going to your cars. You video me, okay, exhibit number one. All right, here goes and we told him, hey, we're watching you.
Speaker 6: See if raining pretty hard here.
Speaker 2: I watched.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: That's a man on a mission. We shouldn't have told you we were watching. That's a man happen. I'm always determined, Greg, guy, that's a man who's who's got you know what happened. That's a man that means business. See, I didn't know. I know I was being video. Here's I wanted to run.
Speaker 18: Oh my gosh, somebody know. The other guy's got a number, the other guy. That guy, I saw your head? What but you walk like your neck was always your head.
Speaker 2: I was. You're looking like I was walking like I dared the rain too. Head, I dared the rain. You're like, it's getting my own head. You're you're trying to dodge the rain. You know I never did that? Yeah, I saw it. Do you have Greg? I have Greg?
Speaker 4: And I did not tell Greg.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what. Here goes Greg. Now he's a good video and Greg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was raining.
Speaker 2: Really the boy was man. All right, here's it's great running running that was that's one of guys from upstairs. You're gonna be visited by Dad right tonight. Have a satchel. From the other side, it looked like coach Jimbo Fisher running you running, guys, were you running in the ruin?
Speaker 1: That's not you, you little.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, you know, with him his little bag hanging from him.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show? What eight eight eight six big fucks?
Speaker 2: All right, America, you're turning to speak. Here's the number. You just heard it from the Great Ken Osburn eight eight eight the number six big box. That's eight eight eight six two four four eight six'. Nine unscreen phone. Calls it's the preferred way to do things here on The Rick Burgers. Show we, thought let's get rid of this ave called NOW i got to talk to this. PERSON i don't, know maybe how you been good to talk to? You and meanwhile we're in here on the air. Dying so now the phones just come to us directly and y'all in what we. Decide if you're not bringing anything to the, table we just get rid of. You right there on the. Flock so lines are available. Now if you want to, move let's hear from You america eight eight eight six big vok. Calls they are coming. In if you're, calling you just gonna hear ringing until we put you on the air By raycon Dot com slash Big. Vox some of you check one two. Check you're listening to the show right now on those. Earbuds about half the price of the other premium audio. Brands we call that the speedy. FACTOR i bought some by no if speedy o. Bibum you know they're. Not they're. Inexpensive so you can get an additional fifteen percent off by going to Buy raycon dot com slash Big. Vox also just use the link if you want to At rick burgesshow dot com under sponsor's dad needs, Something get something for, Dad here Comes Father's. Day if he needs to just listen to what he wants to listen, to like this, show he can go to the noise, isolation and that way he's in his own little. World if he needs to charge the battery ten minutes on the quick, charge he's got ninety minutes of. Battery the battery will hold up the thirty two, hours which is, cool sound, profiles, multipoint, connective it's all there By, raycon dot, com slash Big. Box they fit comfortably in your ear and you don't look like some kind of. Cybord you know what where it helped me is on the. Airplane oh, yeah it gets real. Louder you get just the. BLACK i thought you would have got. Greens it's your Big stars. Fan that's true to the. Folks i'll tell you, What, Greg the nations sad about what they just saw from.
Speaker 4: You i'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Me, somebody somebody said this would have never happened if you never had liposoch that's. Right, yeah that's. Ago let me see your. Hands let me see your. Hands not, one not, one. CALLUM i still work around the. Half people said you may Hate George, straight but even he wouldn't run in the. Ring, yeah, sorry, Coach i'd run From George. Straight SO i wanted to hear him saying we he definitely down on The George straight. Stuff now he is being silly About, Hey.
Speaker 6: George strait came on At hard Eight barbecue In. Dallas, YEAH i tore. That that was right, Before, greg that was right Before mojoe The.
Speaker 2: Stars, YEAH i didn't mote what. Song, HUH i was just in the. BACKGROUND i don't.
Speaker 4: Know it was just obviously because if it's all my exes live In texas while you're In, texas that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Good. Thanks thank You egler for that chime of defeats the. Purpose Hello Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls you're, On go, Ahead Green. Acres thanks for the, call, BUDDY.
Speaker 4: I was listening.
Speaker 12: EARLIER i used to work on a landscaping cruise for like five.
Speaker 21: YEARS i was gonna, say you could probably get one of those guys to do your gutter.
Speaker 12: Score you, see we used to do it all the.
Speaker 2: Time oh you like a little pickups something on the.
Speaker 12: Side, yeah we'll get up there with a leak blower and blow them.
Speaker 2: Out, boy they're gonna have a hard time getting up. There. Yeah, man we. Continue uh let's Go, okay, then thanks, buddy let's. Continue let's get To. Uh, hello you're on The Rick Burgers. Show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead, yes. Sir i'm not sure if y'all talking about this yesterday or, not but The chicago here On monday was Celebrating Africa day instead Of Memorial. Day, oh here comes.
Speaker 4: Ault it did go viral On Memorial, day but that was actually technically the day before The, sunday the day before it went Viral Memorial. DAY i saw that. TOO i had to dig into it a little bit to see and just you, know just just for the, faith.
Speaker 2: You, know for for the facts.
Speaker 10: Of.
Speaker 2: Truth, yeah it. WAS i know this is weird in modern day, media but we'll try to be. Truthful it was On Memorial day, weekend, yes but on a different. Day. Yeah, uh here we. Go welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show on screen phone, calls go, Hell. Larry he sent us a text earlier of some patches and an official. Letter looked like, Wow so so it is right, Here. Larry we're looking at it now on the text. Option what What what has taken place in the world of patrig yesterday in the Midil if you look at the, letter.
Speaker 22: It's from THE Us.
Speaker 2: Marshals, Yeah i'll say it right. Now i'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Brag, No i'm not trying to brag a little.
Speaker 2: Bit please ask me to read the. Letter. Please two weeks ago we called THE Us. Marshals can you read the letter to? Us can you read the. Letter can you read the?
Speaker 12: LETTER i don't have it in front of.
Speaker 2: Me you, remember, Rat? Larry how is the? Injury i'll just say it that. Way how's your?
Speaker 9: Burner it's about nint still a little bit of.
Speaker 16: Blisters, oh.
Speaker 2: So, Sorry, Larry so, Sorry.
Speaker 6: Larry that's an official letter, Too i'm an official letterhead and.
Speaker 2: EVERYTHING Us department Of. Justice.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah back, then THE us Said marishow's office In.
Speaker 2: Louisiana, Congratulations, larry that's king where it's. From well, Done i'm awesome. Man we continue unscreened phone. Calls you're on The Rick birders. Show go, ahead, Morning.
Speaker 12: Yogi here, Guys, hey where are you?
Speaker 7: Being?
Speaker 12: Hey i've been with you the whole.
Speaker 22: Time, Hey, Rick i'm about ten years older than you and your, Shoulder i've been up having, mine uh repair and.
Speaker 1: Replaced so.
Speaker 2: Thanks it's not. Fun i'm.
Speaker 12: SORRY i know how you guys hate.
Speaker 2: That, YEAH i know you guys hate. That, Yeah, yogi thanks for showing. Me you just mentioned you're somebody that's getting certain that you're probably gonna show.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: Yeah let me tell you. WHAT i don't you know what people. Diagnosed here's WHAT'S wingo. SAID i had lunch wingohead and seen each other two and a half. Months what's this with your? Shoulder AND i See i've got some rotator. Cuff he, goes if you're, watching he, said can you do? THIS i said, Yeah he, Goes you're. Fine quit talking about, Okay and that was the end of. That and that was hand on opposite. Show when you get your if you ever get to where you can't do that right, there take your right hand and touch your left, shoulder then go get it worked on until everybody's doing. It and he basically, SAID i don't want to hear about it. Anymore if you can do, THAT i want to hear About. OKAY i. Agree that's you, hushed didn't? YOU i Did Rick berger's show unscreen phone calls go, Ahead, hey.
Speaker 22: Yeah y'all are talking about uh driving earlier and people not putting on their turn signals of.
Speaker 2: Things things LIKE i like to.
Speaker 22: Do If i'm driving and somebody in front of me and they're turning taking a ride or, SOMETHING i go ahead and put on my blinker so the person behind me can see That i've got my blinker. On and if they looking at their phone or, whatever they they see something blinking light that they may pay attention running to the back of.
Speaker 2: Me thank you for being a phill in. Blinker the phill in blinker, people they'll confuse you a little bit, though especially if you're you, know, waiting be. Careful, yeah and you pull out front of. Them, now you know WHAT i saw WHEN i was a. Boy don't ever trust the. Blanker that's, right that's. Fine but When i'm needing to get, out do you ever just Go i'm going for. IT i think they're. Turning i'm going for. It will you try to get into traffic you see somebody with a blinker on your? Life if people were, screaming don't trust the, blinker And i'm LIKE i WOULD i wouldn't do. THAT i probably would listen to you if they were like one more car behind. Them but there's like Eighty i'm going for. It, yeah it's got the bottom of the.
Speaker 1: Hour this is The Rick Burgess. Show they are the uncles your parents warned you About The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show thank you for being with us. Today american still to come on the. Program Andy andrews is. Back you know, him you love? Him be true or bs and he's he's handed me the categories he needs business for different a lot of, paperwork and he's got here, early this fired.
Speaker 13: Up But i'm talking.
Speaker 2: Now you can sit down. There that's perfectly. Fine, yeah if you want to join. US i, MEAN i was so excited to sit down, there join. Us let's join, Us come on, in come on, in and let's just.
Speaker 13: Settle let me just say before anything get started that, Tonight, greg your dad is going to appear you in a dream and tell you that you've been.
Speaker 2: Adopted can you believe what you just?
Speaker 13: Saw, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Crazy that was as disappointing As i've seen.
Speaker 13: THAT i don't know who that, was but you, know let's how somebody embarrasses themselves and don't know.
Speaker 2: IT i, know you know where you're kind of embarrassed for. Him, well you know it's all these stupid. Cameras, yeah you didn't know anybody was video on? You, now DID i know? That? Fast that wasn't a real. One you looked like the man that wanted to run in the.
Speaker 13: Rain but you're ridden written the book and so now you can't ever for the rest of Your.
Speaker 2: We're getting exactly like it didn't. Bother we're getting things now where people are are sending times like, guys if a tornado is, coming it's okay to. Run we had a kid that wouldn't go unless his rain in.
Speaker 7: It we had a.
Speaker 2: Cancel we had a little boy that walked to first base and got out because he said his daddy told me he was supposed to run in the. Ring it. Was it was raining at the baseball, field and so we're having to correct some of. This we're, like, okay do you have to use it that there's. Commons it's more of a metaphor than. Anything greg that is. Horrible that's it looked like you're making like little noises LIKE.
Speaker 10: I.
Speaker 2: THOUGHT i thought speedies a little was, bad but now it's called me stepping off the Terror you like a gun and keep on Truck and you had your legs stuck out real. Far you were taking strides like you ain't never that's not. True, steadfast, steadfast keep on. Trucking raining so hard on you at that time, too.
Speaker 7: You're.
Speaker 2: Running, No i'm somebody that's always headed. SOMEWHERE i got things used to. Do it's a fast. Wall that's my tempo WHEN i walk? Anywhere can you fast the? Business when you're walking? Anywhere you always kind of ducking like, that. Miserable, yeah you're scoring Where i'm. GOING i was walking LIKE i normally, walk just. RUNNING i just walk that way. Running you as, well got an umbrell if you're gonna do? That did you see? ME i had to walk out with the guy with an. UMBRELLA i thought you drafted and got a little office draft and then well he was scurrying the umbrella.
Speaker 1: Guy wasn't he?
Speaker 2: Good you see he's fitty side and drafting by side.
Speaker 4: Drafting some men can't have umbrellas.
Speaker 2: Either, no how do you feel about?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 2: No, no you don't do an Umbre the only time you do an umbrella if you're protecting your wife or your children are helping somebody about. Now you can't even have an umbrella at the ball. Game they'll take it from. You good, Question Raine, Jacket, Sure Rain, jackets that's just.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 6: Greg let's say It's thursday and you're taking mom to a doctor's. Appointment were you gonna have umbrella?
Speaker 9: For?
Speaker 2: YEAH i had to tell you. Better, yeah she don't want to hear about, that.
Speaker 1: Had?
Speaker 2: IT i do not? Know but one between now and then to do, That, YEAH i Was let me read this to you speaking Of. Mom now we'll be in the parking deck because we want. TO i don't, KNOW i don't know if you've, been if you've been Following greg AND i and the ongoing saga with with Our, mother because you, know, moms as you, know without even about who the moms, Are moms keep. Score, yeah oh, yeah that dad's you know a little. Bit mama keeps. Score if you've got, siblings she's keeping score on who does. What And i'm running it. Up so we've been following, this you, know because as AND i Give Jeff foxworthy credit for this. One he's the first ONE i heard say. That he, said this is life if your parents live long, enough your children drive out of the driveway as your parents drive, in you. Know and now now they've become the people that you're you're helping and you and you owe it to. Him so you don't know where to. Go and so here's from. Email we need many episodes of adventures With mom with The Burgess. Brothers maybe this could also be a new reality series on y'all's YouTube channel and we could call it What About? Mom uh maybe a good. Title that's not a bad, idea, Really it so you Know, mom she'll get over on that bogo aisle in publics and we can have it one episode right.
Speaker 6: There, sandy to bring you up to speak Because rick won't do. It greg Takes mom to the grocery store and it's At mom's pace and he's chilled, out and she enjoys. That rick he wants to Hurry mom. Up don't use, cupons.
Speaker 2: Let's, go let's, go let's go peanuts one, time so he got fired from taking her to the grocery. Store he doesn't like q pons and she loves a good. Cubon she reminds me all the things That greg. Does we Know greg came baron took me to the groce. Stery, yes, MA'AM i know. That And i've said this. BEFORE i know my. Mother there's a. Gentile But i'm almost certain somewhere She's jewish because she acts like A jewish. Woman she missed him an. Opportunity you, KNOW i know your business. Busy of, COURSE i don't have anything to, eat BUT i know your. Business have you ever heard the old joke how Many jewish women does it take to screwing the light? Bulb just forget. It i'll sit here in the. Dock all, right.
Speaker 13: About The jewish woman that had had a baby walking on the beach and this big wave came and just drenched him and took the baby up to see and she, Said, god after All i've done for. You and then the wave comes, back brings the, baby sits him right at her, feet and she looks at the sky and, says he had a.
Speaker 16: Hat that's.
Speaker 2: Good but that's. It that's. Good and so back to back to his, JOKES i, Know i'm glad you didn't join. In so it ties into the three guys we're gonna be. Rich, look it. Goes it ties into the the book and. Everything so So, dad it was a great Moment dad was entered into The Alabama Sports hall Of. Fame when the many accolades that he got that he didn't that he thought he shouldn't have gotten in all. That so when when we when they have you as the the inductees going, in you have a display that is different than when they finally. In, okay so they have you know here the year for a, year the inductees have a larger, display and then when they're finally, done the new inductees get that and they move you to your mom was convinced that The Alabama Sports hall Of fame had some Of dad's memorabill you that they that they didn't give back and they're not displaying and they're not, displaying and so this has been an ongoing. Thing you know, what does she contact? Them, YES i have Contacted she forgot about. This, no, HEY i, said did she Coun, No i'm, LIKE i will talk to. Them SO i actually sent her in twenty twenty. Three, YEAH i actually sent her a text that, Said, mom here is the person who runs The hall Of. Fame they have nothing in. Storage all the items on your list that you say cannot still be in the. Display here is the. Display And mom replies back to me in twenty twenty, Three, Well i'm surprised they got it all in, there but, yes it's all. THERE i think that's the end of. It, SURE i think that's the end of. It sure it's all in. There it came back to, life has come back to. Life in twenty twenty, FIVE i want y'all take me down to That hall Of fame BECAUSE i want to see that everything's in. There and So i'm, Like, mom we've already covered this and then she goes down. There she, goes there's no, way AND i get her argument on that you can go from that big display to the small one of. Them use EVERYTHING i SAID i. DID i, Said, mom IF i remember, CORRECT i think we got a. Picture and it was. Okay now she was convinced ever had a. PICTURE i, Said, mom you have a. PICTURE i sent you the, picture and so, listen this keeps going and she just, goes, no never got a, picture and there's no WAY i want to be taken down. THERE i don't. Know why does The hall Of fame not open on. WEEKENDS i don't know the answer that makes, Sense no one. DOES i agree with. You it should be opening on the. Weekends if they were just opening on the, weekends we can go On. Saturday of, COURSE i know y'all are. Busy, YEAH i know you're, busy But i'd like to be too busy for. Me they're holding some of your dad's. Stuff i'm telling you they. Are AND i, Said, mom we've been through this and they they're.
Speaker 10: Not.
Speaker 2: Uh and THEN i, SAID i sent you a. Picture you never sent me a. Picture and all of a, SUDDEN i just finally brick starts digging through old. END i just. STARTED i just started rolling through texts for, mom and NOW i have a. Lot So i'm rolling over. Years oh oh AND i find. It oh, BOY i find sitting right. THERE i find the. Picture, wow AND i find the reply from my.
Speaker 13: Mother let me just tell you Someth let me stop you right here and just tell, you whether it's your wife or your, mother there is no gain Improving you're.
Speaker 2: Right you're, right even if thank you. Prophet.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well i'm just telling BECAUSE i know where this story is. Going, okay just trying to tear your.
Speaker 2: Stuff it's just coming. Here, andy you'll get. It, andy don't where about. It, yeah and so we get. It i'm gonna get. Uh so she sees, it And, greg how can you describe the. Response it's like she couldn't believe. It she's just like we start throwing zingers at. Her. Yeah and then she, said just forget. It i'll get somebody else to carry. ME i wanted to. Go, well just for all, that dude was her, saying you two can't take me. Out i'm still, going still, Going i'm still. Going it was so funny because when you showed her the, pictures she was, like, well, yeah it's all, there and then you're, going, oh here's your quote in that was piling on a little. Bit it, was and that's when she, said he, said, well this is a cross, strong So i'll just get somebody's.
Speaker 6: Character she'll still, going y'all know she's watching right, now, Watching, yeah y'all probably about to get to tell that.
Speaker 2: Probably oh, Wow i'm GLAD i can create content for the show or something like. That oh, right what is the? Word'sazzerating? Mama all, right So andy's getting warmed, up this guy getting. Loose you got The Rick Burgess. Show we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show he doesn't HAVE o C. D he just likes things to be a certain. Way Rick, burshous we're.
Speaker 2: Back thanks for being, Here. America And andrew's visiting and who will be spending time with us for at least another hour or so because we're going to Do Be true OR bs next, hour so stand by for. That things you need to know still to come on the, program not Only Andy, andrews But Scott. Jennings we'll be with us coming up a little bit later in the program and keeping you updated on everything with the Book Men Don't run in The. Rain it is On audible, today so that finally has. Happened the next thing will update you on is when it gets to, stores but right now it's available wherever you. Get books are on all of our, links especially if you want to sign, copy and all The audible platforms as of today anti books And kindle and all that. Stuff you know that, world don't you?
Speaker 13: Do but this is kind of freaking me out a little bit today AND i didn't expect to think, this but SO i got a question for Speeding Greg. Natler, OKAY i have known a lot of, authors AND i KNOW i know how to answer in all her you, KNOW i know how to answer question are? There But i've never experienced somebody that has their own show being in author. Mode and you, know you know What i'm talking, about speedy is when somebody, says, so you, know how how did it go yesterday when you saw that? Movie and then you, say, well it's LIKE i say in my, book you, know so what do you think about the election coming? Up, well it's like on page forty five of my, book every thing that reminds.
Speaker 2: Me of my. Book, yes, yes, yes, yes mister, yes before well you know that's chapter, Four, yeah, yeah or this, one and of COURSE i covered this in great detail in the. Book yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Know audible's out, today AND i, MEAN i mean you've probably experienced and read, it but well you haven't heard.
Speaker 7: It have you.
Speaker 2: Another? EXPERIENCE i read it in you, know my own Bod you should have the whole. Collection well. Yeah the only thing THAT i think is weird about author mo two is if you've been listening to somebody do radio and now and all the different stuff for over forty, years is it really a big deal to hear him read a. Book you hear me talk all the. Time, no it is a big, deal you.
Speaker 13: Know but the it is a big deal because if, SOMEBODY i, mean, now there's some authors that can't read and they can't even pronounce the words they.
Speaker 2: Wrote oh.
Speaker 13: Wow BUT i, MEAN i can't tell you how many Times i've listened to an audible thing and had somebody say it was a macabre, scene all these kind of, things and.
Speaker 2: You have TO i. DIDN'T i wouldn't ready for you know, THIS i wouldn't ready for how much you have to fight for your book on the. Audible oh, yeah they want you to say, something but that's not what it. Is, yeah that's not what it. Is they kept trying TO i told you about The jerdan, thing but they tried to also correct. Me dad was not worried about grammar when he was, right and so when you're doing, dialogue you're talking like your. Dad so when he said you can't worry about, that which is one of the you, know by the, way you can read this in the, book when he said you can't worry about, that they, said, well some of the things he, says, though should be you can't worry about. It And i'm, like it doesn't. Know he never said you can't worry about. It, never no matter what the object, was he still said you can't worry about. That and they're, like, well, yeah but some of them should be, IT i, said but he never said it that. Way it's going to be you can't worry about, that no matter what it.
Speaker 13: Is, editors, right they can't write a, book but, they By god tell you how to write.
Speaker 2: Yours he's been a bit AND i Know i've asked you this. Before how many total books do you now have? Out twenty six? Six twenty?
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 13: Wow, yeah SO i tell, you you, know when you when you get that past, six when you get that pass back with these, people and you know they've put an in turn on. It and and SO i get this one in what was? THIS i think it was The Little. Things AND i had made a comment That i'm all in with your, journey BUT i don't want to Be Meriwether lewis to Your clark and head out into The Lemming wilderness. Alone and so this comment comes back with the red ink on it and, everything and it said The Lemming. WILDERNESS i cannot find this on a. Map can you help me locate?
Speaker 2: It, no you're making that. UP i am not making that.
Speaker 13: Up AND i GOT i got about fifty of them that are just that.
Speaker 2: Stupid, well you, know the didn't find it? Anywhere. No and one of the funny. Moments so back back in the in The rick And bubbat, years you, know we did a book deal with what is Now Harper. Collins it Was Thomas nelson, There, yeah they combined the two right To Harper, collins but this was when it Was Thomas. Nelson SO i, mean so let's just all get real. Here you, know if you think it was hard for me to actually write a. Book, now in those, days Neither barba NOR i had any desire to to literally write a. Book so they're, like, well what if we had somebody be a ghostwriter who interviewed. You Martha bolton did, that and then the last, one, Oh, Keith oh my, GOSH i can't but, anyway But i'm Sorry. Keith but the first, ones the first ones were Always Martha, bolton and we signed Like Don, Keith, yeah, yeah thank, You Don. Keith and so but the first, ones it was it was a whole package. Deal you're gonna crank one, out then another, one than another, one two coffee table, books and then three full.
Speaker 1: Books.
Speaker 2: YEAH i know that. Deal, yeah you know that. Deal so we're getting interviewed by, people so all the books have been out and all. That we're interviewing Pull Cher prize. Winner uh you Know Rick Rick, brack, who by the, Way Keith Rick, bragg go, Ahead Rick Rick, Bragg Rick bragg just like, five mom said the other, Day Rick bragg, said to this, Day i'm terrified of your father Because Rick bragg started as being a sports writer In Calhoun county when dad was a high. Schooler, wow And Rick bragg, SAID i was terrified of your dad and so, anyway so callers start calling. Him, well the caller says to The Pulitzer prize winning you know person Obviously rick in the. Room, Hey, RICK i want to ask you this. Now I'm rick. Too, yeah, sure what's the process of writing a? Book AND i, Answer, well some woman From nashville calls me and interviews me on the. Phone Rick bragg goes pretty certain she's talking to. Me i'm pretty sure this particular, question my question that one was not Directly so, yeah that's the way it. Was so this is the first time That i've actually really wrote, one and it's a. PROCESS i don't know how you've done twenty. Wow, yeah, well and AND i have done. THEM i, HADN'T i hadn't had. Anybody well, yeah AND i found ou pretty quick. Too this is not like writing curriculum like we have for The Man. Church it's not like writing a devotional because you, know each each each little segment is its own. Thing this is supposed to. Flow, yeah and that's, uh that's a little. BIT i think it was good because they told me whenever you feel like you got something, right and then when you're, done let's turn it all in and then we'll work With.
Speaker 13: WELL i think it's important if you can, talk but you can AND i mean talk, well, UH i think it's important that you narrate the.
Speaker 2: Book it just means, more especially something people are used to hearing.
Speaker 13: You and if there if somebody on they're, SAYING i don't know that they ain't.
Speaker 2: A story like this, too somebody else reading that wouldn't. Work speaking of, that that's chapter, Three, yeah AND i covered that in chapter five.
Speaker 1: On the top of the. Hour this is The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 19: Show you better listen up.
Speaker 2: Now what we say assign. Tail you gotta.
Speaker 1: Find broadcasting from the real, World The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 2: Show all, right here we. Go everybody, ready a brand new hour on a brand new, show brand new. Day coming up, Later Scott jennings will be with. Us we'll chat with. Him looking forward to Meeting scott for the first. Time and we also have a ton of things going on the rest of the day and the rest of the week that you need to be aware of so you can find all those details or weekcurgisshow Dot Com Wednesday Bible Study Back Today Joe chapter, Fifteen Noon, central one O'clock eastern on the YouTube channel archive soon. After also coming up this weekend episode three Of Strange, encounters the brand new podcast With BLAZE, tv but available wherever you get podcasts if you haven't subscribed To Strange, Encounters Do. Something also coming up this, weekend episode Four tells from the Camp house on the YouTube Channel Burgess Bass Battle part. Two All, Right Andy andrews is with, us and you know what that, Means. Gang it means that it's time for an. Opportunity you could have an opportunity to spend the wheel of, bundles bits and. Bucks but you have to be able to discern whether our Friend Andy andrews is telling you something that's, correct which means it be, true be, true or he's made it up which means IT'S bs and he wants To is THIS?
Speaker 4: Bs or is the story?
Speaker 2: Read well you be, True Annie?
Speaker 4: Andrews is?
Speaker 7: That are? You he is the?
Speaker 2: STORY? Bs be tull And. Andy so here's our categories, callers, science, History, Hollywood uh watch out for this. One ancient Culture. Ancient we'll start With. John john is out Of. Georgia, John welcome to be? True OR bs With Andy. Andrews how are you? Today just? Fine thank. You, okay so you know how we play. It you've got to listen to this information is the best way to put, it and then you must discern whether it be true Or andy just made it. Up, Okay, science, History hollywood or ancient? Culture which one you want to go. With let's go with.
Speaker 12: History.
Speaker 2: History oh he lights up like a little. History Life we? Go are you, Ready? John here we.
Speaker 13: Go On december, seventh nineteen forty, one The japanese attack on The american military base At Pearl harbor was fast and. Furious The japanese bombed and torpedoed no fewer than Eight american. Battleships when it was all, over two thy four hundred and three people had lost their. Lives among the damaged ships was The West, virginia which sank to the bottom of the. Harbor when crews were surveying the damage the next, day they heard something hopeful and terrible banging from the, ship which meant one or more survivors were trapped inside the. Vessel, however there was absolutely nothing they could do to retrieve them and get them out. Safely six months, later when crews raised The West, virginia the remains of three young men were found in an air tight, storeroom where they had marked the passage of each day they were trapped inside the sunken. Ship they scratched goodbye messages to their families on the. Wall the three men were alive for sixteen, days waiting for a rescue that would never. Come be true or, Bs, Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it be.
Speaker 9: True, yes that is.
Speaker 13: True Nat Lewis cousten And Clifford olds were the three.
Speaker 2: Guys, great all, right well you know what this. Means this means that you get a chance on the. Wheel you you have heard, it and you get a subscription To Wisdom. Harbor, yeah so we'll get that to, you that's for. Sure who do you want to spend it?
Speaker 5: For?
Speaker 2: You do you Want Greg, Speedy, Adler andy or? Me?
Speaker 22: Well aveler In?
Speaker 2: Today when you come, spinning here comes All adler's always. In, john all, right so what you? Have he's going over to the. Wheel so you say it's will to? Me and then when you say, that he'll spin.
Speaker 9: It so go.
Speaker 2: Ahead when you're rid it's where to? Me come on Handler? Fred he's, yelling.
Speaker 7: There you.
Speaker 2: Go what's gonna have? Him? For? John he's earned his chance at the will. Today, Andy let's see what happened to the aggressive. Spin that was a very aggressive spin because that that that that, That oh this in a, while all, right Dj, Rick so you don't, yeah my, goodness d J, rick Dj, rick let me see what what you're. Thinking you're. Thinking he's, thinking, somebody what's your what's your favorite? Music oh From george straight of, Course.
Speaker 16: George never a.
Speaker 6: Country Dj rick is On Tim tebow knee, uh and he is queuing up a C.
Speaker 13: D george has got a new one now he. Does all my exes have changed. Sexes that's a good.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: Solid he's queuing up a song for you By. John we're going classic rock because we've had a death today And i'm Gonna i'm gonna do a tribute to. Him okay on Dj, Rick, okay all, right, yeah he's got to stay on, hold SO i get a. Stuff all, Right here we go anywhere you sit, Here here we go.
Speaker 14: Five w R b S Rick burgess in the, Afternoon Rick Darren jerry is going on to rock and Roll, heaven where he finally finds out From god, himself.
Speaker 2: What in the world is rock and? Roll hooch you?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 9: There we go J, rick the.
Speaker 2: Goods for. You, andy still got? It, yeah still got?
Speaker 7: It love?
Speaker 2: It all, right let's, go Say, caleb he's in The Free state Of. Florida, caleb welcome to be true or. Bs we can get one more end and we'll break and come back and get some. Others Uh so Science hollywood or ancient? Culture, No, Hollywood. Hollywood all, Right i'm excited about this AND i found.
Speaker 13: Okay the Movie One Flew over The Cuckoo's nest was originally supposed to be a war. Movie its working title Was One Flew over The Eagle's, nest and the story was of an army ranger parachuting Into butcher's Garden hitler's mountain retreat in order to Assassinate. HITLER a Young Morgan freeman was cast as the army ranger and the film was already in production when at a cocktail, party a historian mentioned To Universal studio Head Arthur gold that there were no black rangers In World War. Two this was nineteen seventy, one when THE us was desegregating, schools and the racial tension at the time Made Morgan freeman in the wrong uniform a risky, call so instead of just casting someone else universal pull the. Plug the movie was dead in its tracks Until Arthur goldberg had an. Idea we haven't started principal filming, yet he, said the b roll we've shot can be used in another. Context let's just change the whole. Concept instead Of hitler's mountain, layer the movie can be about a psychiatric, hospital you, know a cuckoo's. Nest we can make the main character a war, veteran, no a distinguished war, veteran and Cash Jack nicholson, heck he's crazy. Anyway at The Academy awards the year the film was, Released One Flew over The Cuckoo's nest swept the. Show the movie Won Best, Picture Best, Director Best, Actor Best, actress And Best. Screenplay Be true Or?
Speaker 2: Bs, Wow Caleb, MAN i like that? MOVIE. Bs, yes IT'S. Bs they're being up. Today they're killing killing me all? Right? Caleb? Uh by the, way what kind of mind comes up with?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah caleb hoo? Concerned who do you want to spend the? Wheel who wants to spin the? Wheel Greg, Adler Speedy andy or?
Speaker 12: Me give Me Uncle?
Speaker 2: Greg let's. Go you got to say To greg it's will to me and he'll spend. It go ahead ONE o, two and it's real to, me it's will to. Me let's see If caleb can win? Big where greg's my mat like he was running yesterday in the. Rain, yeah and SO i just see what it. Has it's all, blurry it's going too. Fast let's See, Caleb, caleb you've earned? It or here it, comes, here it. Comes it's close to. Five Oh, Caleb, caleb ca be Calm cala cayla, money what? Kayla? Wow how's that? Feel? Man man? Money that's. Awesome five hundred. Dollars, lord, amen we'll put you on. Hole we'll get your. Information you also get a subscription To Wisdom. Harbor so you made out like a bandit. Today so you got money and knowledge.
Speaker 7: Was.
Speaker 2: Writing are you? Okay are you?
Speaker 1: OKAY i?
Speaker 2: Win we're still we're still have science and ancient. Culture so we got two more folks that will get a shot At Andy andrews be true or. Bs two winners in a. Row andy hasn't fooled anyone to. Die you, KNOW i talked about this dilemma in chapter three of my, Book Could Get. THERE i guess page forty one in ability To.
Speaker 1: Pool this is The Rick Burgess. Show Blood casting from The The Rick Burger's.
Speaker 2: Show thanks for being with, Us gang.
Speaker 4: Brand, New dave And andy wants to?
Speaker 7: Deal is this?
Speaker 2: Bs or is the? Story we've got two winners in a, row B bs And? Andrew are?
Speaker 10: You is he?
Speaker 2: Ready? Really is the? Story and he'd be happy that's won five hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars i'm happy that they.
Speaker 13: Won five hundred. Dollars, okay, Good i'm just unhappy they had to beat me to get.
Speaker 2: It, yeah, yeah, Yeah i'd watch out these next few see what happens with With. Lance, lance welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show how are, you? Buddy?
Speaker 7: Good we're?
Speaker 2: Good so here's your. Choices science are, ancient? Culture good, night go SIRN. A nobody wants to. Scared they're scared culture, culture, science it is be true OR? Bs here we? Go all, Right, lance here we.
Speaker 13: Go the Whipper will has four members of its, family the whipper, will the chuck, will the common, nighthawk and the common poor. Will the common poor, will Which i've never heard, of has the distinction of being the first documented bird that actually hibernates reduced food supply and temperatures under twenty degrees fahrenheit caused the common whipper will to, hibernate while other birds migrate like the, hummingbird or go into a state called torpur like. Crows when in a state of, torpor crows lie on the ground with their bills half open while sunning. Themselves this is not true, hibernation but is instead a temporary state of unconsciousness where their core temperature drops approximately ten to twelve. Degrees on the other, hand the poor wheel can be an actual hibernation for two or three. MONTHS a hibernating poor wheel has a reduced breathing, grate a dramatically lower body, temperature and a greatly reduced heart. Rate because it has been documented that poor wheels lose zero muscle or bone mass during, hibernation scientists have begun to believe that unlocking their genetic code is the key to long term space travel in zero gravity conditions without adverse effect on the. Astronaut be true OR Bs lance be?
Speaker 2: True yeah it's B S.
Speaker 15: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Lance Sorry, lance BUT i love your. Crackers. Man what a creative mine it is to write and how you come up With pete In. Indiana i'm. Sorry pete is ancient. Culture that's all. Will, yeah the poor, wheel that's your.
Speaker 13: Such thing as there is such thing as really there are all kinds of wheels that the genetic.
Speaker 2: Code stuff is not. True, yeah you might be on space travel not. True, yeah all, Right, Pete so do you are you ready to take on ancient? Culture we're gonna give it a. Shot, Okay So, Pete, indiana here we. Go this is a good.
Speaker 13: One Ancient roman buildings and structures are common archaeological finds In North. Africa the accidental discovery of a massive dog burial site In tunisia was not a high point in archaeological. Preservation the mummified, dogs estimated to be more than three thousand years, old were found by children in nineteen thirty. One the, dogs mostly sighthounds like The ozawak or small dogs like A, pekinese had once been bred and embalmed as four legged offerings to the. Gods modern times were less. Reverential the local street kids who discovered the mummies staged mock dogfights in the, street sending fur and mummy bandages flying archaeologists saw were practically used for the. Relics archaeologists shipped one hundred and eighty thousand of the dogs to the auction Firm southby's In london to. Sell, sadly The february, tenth nineteen thirty two auction quickly fell apart as the gift wrapped dogs crumbled in people's. Hands needless to, say the overall sale was not a. Success most of the canines were sold for. Fertilizer one lot was unloaded for just under six dollars a, ton and according to, reports the auctioneer unceremoniously gaveled the sail closed by using one of the dog's heads as a. Hammer what, true, you.
Speaker 2: Mighty PETE a? MAN i hope it's is that your? Guess?
Speaker 4: Yes it?
Speaker 5: Is.
Speaker 1: Bs how you want to spend the will for?
Speaker 2: Him let's? Go and all you got to say is it's will to, Me, pete and he'll spend. It so you go and you're. Ready it's will to, me spend.
Speaker 7: It and.
Speaker 2: The wheels already giving us some cash? Today Can pete In indiana be the next one to win? Something, greg you got to run, again already got a subscription To. Wisdom, boy you are so close to five hundred. DOLLARS i mean you are two pegs two, pegs but you do get a signed Copy Men Don't run in The, rain the brand new book That andy's been begging me to talk. About so we will get you an autograph copy of the. Book, okay we do need Your we do need your information, though So i'm gonna put you on. Hold and we also need your information For Wisdom. Harbor, okay, wow and that one send on them that was close to LUs this time Because i'm a little low so on the. Books let him send, it, Gotcha, Okay and.
Speaker 13: A couple more histories if you want to take the, Time oh, really if you want to take it for, us for.
Speaker 2: The, audience for, us well for. Whoever, yeah well for, us because well let me tell you when when it starts to getting so we will come. Back you can give us a little bit of what Is Wisdom harbor for those that may not, know and then we'll jump into these but we know what we call bonus for the. Boys, yes we'll do. That somebody said that's That Andy andrews. Thing is that the biggest Ancient what about the? Dogs i've ever? Heard what about the? Doll what about the? Dog we'll be back more of The Rick Burgess show coming Up america right after.
Speaker 1: This this is The Rick Burgess, show the man who taught the world to say couldn't care. Less we.
Speaker 2: Purches it was a, journey got it done. Though we're. Back thanks for being WITH Us america as we worked to another. Day Andy andrews is our guests coming up next. Hour Scott jennings will be our guest active. Show if you missed any of, it go back and catch the archives every. Day you can find those on our YouTube channel or on our podcast. Channel The Daily show archived every day so you never have to miss a, moment even some best of. HOURS i got one best of hour on the audio if you just kind of want a, nutshell and Also BLAZE tv carries the best of hour as. Well So, andy we do, have you, know a couple of winners. Today you went one in. THREE i know that. Hurt, yeah it kind of.
Speaker 1: Hurts but we have.
Speaker 2: Winter but we have, winners but we have. Winter i'm bat in two fifty, Man so somebody that's barely a have to get.
Speaker 13: Resigned, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Don't want to trouble the. AUDIENCE i know that a lot of you are already gravely concerned About Andy andrews and what goes on in that. Mind, yeah so we just took the journey to the. Restroom and it's a lot of you, know with the new, studios it's it's a. Journey And andy just casually, says, oh by the, way the dog, thing IF i just changed it to, cats it actually was. True what that's that's so everything you said in that mummy thing. Happened it was just, cats not. Dogs, YEAH i mean.
Speaker 13: Everything one hundred and eighty thousand cats to the auction Firm southeast and that wasn't even all the. Cats somebody hated.
Speaker 2: Cats use one of the cats heads as the.
Speaker 13: Galvil they really used gavel the sail clothes and they sold them for six dollars a ton for.
Speaker 2: Fertilizer but you, know a disdain for. Cats it's, understandable it.
Speaker 13: Is AND i you, Know i'm sorry about the person who lost their, cat BUT i gotta say right now we are going through the same thing Because bubbles is.
Speaker 2: Gone i'm.
Speaker 13: Sorry, no you don't have to be sorry because it's a.
Speaker 2: Cat it's but she, does she.
Speaker 13: Does and. See but the thing About, bubbles, yep is outdoor. Cat, okay these are that's not bad outdoor. Cats and if your dog, dies it's like a. Funeral it's, like oh my, god morning For. Franklin usually cats usually don't. Die cats usually just. Disappears have you have you seen bubbles past couple of? Days, no, well and need to look for and then two days later you ever see?
Speaker 2: Bubbles?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 13: Huh and then a week, LATER i guess bubbles is.
Speaker 2: Gone that's really a way cat says. Goodbye you're, Right they just. Disappear that's a great. Point you never really never find. Them no closure with a Can no closure. FOUND i mean the reg found a collar and some. Fur NO i. Didn't SOMEBODY i know. Did now that's that's. Closure, no it was. Family well for your creative mind, too, well you might write THAT i had a cat incident Because i'm not a cat. Person but you, know children will pressure to do, things and wives pressure to do things you wouldn't normally. Do and we we tried the cat, thing and two surgeries, later we discovered That sherry is highly allergic to. Cats oh my. God so so we gave the cat to some. Friends now keep in, mind the cat rode in a carrying thing to the friend's, house which was three four miles from where we. Live, okay it. Didn't it didn't make the. Journey it rode in a car in something it couldn't see it out of except the, Car, yeah didn't blindfold the cat was, Okay so, anyway BECAUSE i thought for a minute we had spirits and it was because of the stupid podcast we're. Doing but but the, so so we we come, home, hm weeks after pull in the driveway and the cat is sitting in the driveway looking at. Us there are also looking at. Us did you try to get rid of? Me so, now of course you know our. Minds that's spooky and scary and we should be terrified of the. Cat my first thought is HOW i can prank my, friends SO i have lunch with my. Buddy, okay SO i know the cat's. Gone now we can get back to how did the cat get? Back that is, spooking very. Scary, Okay i'll do. That cawdies took care of, that so that finally got solved because the cat can be inside. Anymore Cherry head was allergic and we said we wish you the best out, here and it didn't make. It but right now the cat's just.
Speaker 10: Back.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah and daring is to get rid of it. Again SO i sit down with my friend for lunch AND i, SAID i gotta GET i gotta get something out of the. WAY i gotta have the cat. Back and, look, look, look and he says here and he goes. HUH i, said the kids are. Upset everybody's. Upset AND i told Them i'm going to get the cat, back so please tell me THAT i can just come back it down and get the. Cat and This, fay he just starts getting pale like. THAT i, said please tell me nothing's happened to that. Cat please look, look and he's, LIKE i don't know how to tell you this week the cat's. Gone i'm, like what, NOW i start getting all upset and. Whatever, man we'll get you to the. Cat and then If i'm like the catch at my, house if you can believe that he came. Back so but then, Well, rick if you said it free and it comes back as you're, right does deal With disney to make a movie about. It but think about how how did that cat find its way? Back because it's his house or her. HOUSE i thoroughly believe it's never left there, There it's never left. Before how does it know how to come. BACK i don't. Know that was just kind of compass in their brain moved and the cat wanted to. Stay, yeah you left, one and you kick them, enough they'll get away from. It they do not go along WHAT i. Do dogs just go. Along oh we're, leaving.
Speaker 13: Okay it reminds me of The Orange Beach Lady makos and their fifth state championship in a.
Speaker 2: Row oh the lady made nice thank. You somebody said you were. There, yeah you, KNOW i talked about it. THERE i talk about championships in my. Book but the, uh she so so the softball team At Orange, beach they want they wont hung in a, row five in a. Row and people were sending us pictures with you at the at the. Tournament, yeah, THERE i was there and they Said they kept asking you are You Andy? Andrews and then they would take a picture and they send it to said.
Speaker 13: The lady sitting in front of, us and she kept kind of giving me that sideways, look and finally she, said who are?
Speaker 2: You who are?
Speaker 13: YOU i, said who you THINK i? Am she, said are you the Going Rick? SHOW i, said, yeah what's my? Name its Just Andy. ANDREWS i said that is, Right but be.
Speaker 2: True, yeah that'd be.
Speaker 13: True but, yeah The Orange beat girls softball, team they're they're the best in the. Country last year they were named national champions By Max Prep, sports and this year they're ranked number. THREE i have no idea. WHY i, mean we led the nation in. Runs the average the average team last year twenty four thousand fast pitched girls, teams and the average team scored one hundred and eleven. Points our girls scored five hundred and.
Speaker 2: Tree they led the. Nation did anybody ever play them? Close there were a couple of people played them.
Speaker 13: Close but we beat the SIX a state championship SIX a state champions we beat the SEVEN A state Champions we beat the number two team In, america we beat the number nine team In, america and we're a FOUR a team and we beat seventeen SEVEN a. Teams wow, What, yeah you're not Bragnes eight six positions on the infield picture, catcher, first, second, short and. Third eight college scholarships representing the six positions because the backup for first and back up for third also got.
Speaker 2: College. Wow it's.
Speaker 13: Unbelieving it's they are.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, Yeah, wow somebody's upset because you said, points not run back. TODAY i meant to say. Runs that's. Fine you SAID i got it fall. Runs We're good's? Good you said point it was, bowling it would be. Pins if it's, basketball we knew what you. Mean if it's, hockey be golds all. Right actually on the, team so. Good not my. Girls my girls wouldn't get upset with. Me, no, nobody nobody gets upset with. You All, right we're coming. Back you said you have some. BONUS i, do all, right bonus and we got some stuff. In then our time With andy will come to a close, today but don't. Worry he'll be back in a couple of. Weeks and he has a. PODCAST i don't know IF i MENTIONED i have a book, out And andy will be interviewing me on his. Podcast that's exactly, right coming up the. Noticer you know you will talk about your, book won't. You, Well i'll try if you if you beg.
Speaker 1: Me this is The Rick Burgess, show still denying any involvement in The Food fights of nineteen seventy. Nine Rick burgess.
Speaker 2: Having fun hanging out With Andy. Andrews about to wrap up our time, together but he'll be back in a couple of. Weeks don't worry about, that So, andy you had a couple of bonus ones for us today out of, history both of. Them, yeah both of the matter of. History bonus for the. Boys, okay here we go focused Greg.
Speaker 13: Nazi germany, resistance even from Within Adolf hitler's.
Speaker 2: Own, family the.
Speaker 13: Family William Patrick hitler was the son Of Alwis atolf's half, brother and His irish, Wife Bridget. Dowling born In, England william did not grow up In germany and only met his infamous uncle in. Adulthood the two apparently had a strained. Relationship in nineteen thirty, Nine william published an article For look magazine Called WHY I Hate My? Uncle during a speaking to, Abroad william and his, Mother bridget became stuck in THE. Us he attempted to enlist in The American, army but his connection to The nazi leader made that. Difficult he went so far as to write a letter To President Franklin Delano roosevelt that explained why he wanted to join the struggle against tyranny and. Oppression, Eventually william won a spot in THE Us. Navy he survived the, war moved To Long, Island New, york and gave himself a new name to further distance himself from his revival old Uncle William Patrick Stewart. Houston be true OR Bs.
Speaker 2: Speedy be? True greg Byes.
Speaker 4: ADLER i THINK i saw this on an episode Of Drunk.
Speaker 2: History be.
Speaker 4: True MAYBE i will.
Speaker 2: Also say be. True it's, true it is, true and got something wrong. Today that's that guy's got five hundred. Bucks If i'm all now this next, one it may be easier to, guess BUT i love, it.
Speaker 13: Okay When japan And germany finally Lost World War, two they had tons of manufacturing, ability yet were banned from building a military from more than ten. Years The japanese And germans both looked At detroit's success in the auto industry and approached the free enterprise, market each in their own. Way to this, day we have luxury and economy cars from across two different oceans competing with our domestic vehicles because they lost the. War be true OR BS?
Speaker 2: Bs? GREG i like SAYING, bs SO i know.
Speaker 4: THAT i mean it sounds about. RIGHT i don't know when those companies were. Formed But, volkswagen you, know, people the people's, Car Volkswagen.
Speaker 2: Mercedes so watch what is?
Speaker 4: It i'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: True. True i'm going to say true as. Well it's true.
Speaker 13: For the FACT i love the fact that they have luxury and economy cars competing with our domestic. Vehicles because they lost didn't shine my.
Speaker 2: GOODNESS i was. SHARING i watched the documentary the other night On, churchill and of course he's a fascinating. Person, UH i GUESS i will NEVER i do understand, it but all that he went, through and and THE i didn't realize that when you get down to The, allies we've Got stallin and we've got you, know see it would Be, roosevelt, right and then and then we Have churchill And. Churchill at one point it becomes pretty clear that Great, britain we love, you but you're kind of on the. Decline russia is getting, bigger The United states is a. Superpower and there were moments When stalin And roosevelt kind of started drafting and kind of Left churchill out there On Little. Island absolutely and uh AND i you, know you see, that and you know this is actual footage of them, talking and you, know of course they re enacted some of, it but they had the actual footage of it. Too and you're, Thinking, Wow so we. Were we were drafting With stalin there for a while Because roosevelt rightfully so started realizing this is WHO i might have to deal. With, yeah going, forward it's not gonna be Great.
Speaker 13: Britain, well we didn't know it already at the time he sat down at the conferences With roosevelt And. Churchhill we didn't know he had already killed twenty five million of his own, people right ended up between nineteen seventeen and nineteen eighty, four The Soviet union's own records show they killed sixty five million of their own.
Speaker 2: People and, boy they started, gratting you, know because we needed them handling one of the. Fronts and while they were handling the, front they were grabbing. Ground oh, yeah they. Were they started growing. Yep BUT i mean what do you. DO i, mean you were fighting a two front. WAR i mean you don't really have a, yeah and If japan doesn't do what they, DO i don't know if we'd have GOTTEN i don't know that we'd ever got. In, boy that would have ended a lot Of. Well it showed the footage Of churchill hearing the report of the attack On Pearl harbor and he looks round and, SAYS i believe The americans are about to join. Us, yeah it's about to happen now and uh, so and so that was that was interesting to see that history and then the fact that he runs for prime minister after winning the war and then lose it and they vote him, down and but then he comes back and gets it back because they realize human beings do it all the. Time we're done with all this. War we don't Like. Churchhill he's a, warhawk and of course what he was is. Courageous, yeah and so we need to try something. Else and then the left comes up and, says let's all go back to feel good is and of course then you do, it and then what do you. Go we messed. Up they went back and Put churchill back in this prime. Ministry so so, anyway he doesn't sound familiar, speeding it does sound. Familgar you better believe. It and we'll talk To Scott jennings about. THIS i believe that this Time trump is running a lot smoother this time than his first, Time And jennings talks about that in the book that he's they don't less trying to.
Speaker 4: Make it seem like a disaster's trying to make it seem like it's at easy.
Speaker 2: Alt we're gonna talk To jennings here in a. Minute i'm not talking To. Jennings you. CAN'T i know you want. TO i know you want to have. YOU i do want to say that he is.
Speaker 4: My hero because WHEN i hang out with my liberal, FRIENDS i feel like you Are Scott, Jenning Scott jennings while he's on THOSE cnn.
Speaker 2: Panels are you still hanging out with your liberal? Friends you have liberal?
Speaker 13: Friends almost of my friends are?
Speaker 2: Libs? Really, YES i got to look at, me look at.
Speaker 10: Me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it's almost like you're a baited field for. Them they're coming to the feeder is a baited field.
Speaker 11: One of our.
Speaker 2: OWN i know we can we can trans him for. SURE i know you mentioned this before twenty six. Books you always you're certainly working on one, Now i'm SURE i. Am so when can we expect? THIS i don't? Know, Okay so it's one of Those, yeah, YEAH i haven't committed to.
Speaker 13: IT i don't have a deadline on, it And i'm taking full advantage of.
Speaker 2: That have you got to the point where that'll put deadlines on you? Anymore have you ever.
Speaker 13: Now i've gotten to the point WHERE i don't sign contract to them.
Speaker 2: Anymore but in the early, YEARS i bet you had. DEADLINE i, did AND i. Did you didn't like. It you know WHAT i?
Speaker 13: Did The Travelers, gift you know that Took it was like fifty one publishers turned me. Down fifty one publishers, said you, know it wasn't worth putting on. Paper and so when that book finally, HIT i was like a free agent that had just won twenty. Games and so they signed me to a three book deal and IMMEDIATELY i started. Writing but WHEN i sat, DOWN i was, like three. Books i'm not even sure HOW i wrote the first.
Speaker 2: One no real. Pressure so plus we got you WRITING bs or Be? True, right, Right so you're working on something but it has no deadline and we're just watching it come. Together, yeah you've got the. Idea do you know where you're?
Speaker 1: Going?
Speaker 13: YEAH i, am And i've. BEEN i Think god's been popping me around a little. BIT i Think i'm fixing to get serious about a couple of.
Speaker 2: Them all, Right so ANYWAY i know, that and we're.
Speaker 6: Scheduled can we talk about the schedule of you appearing On andy's The friday Before Father's.
Speaker 2: Day, yeah SO i don't know when that will. Air will air that do or come out? Later it'll, air that will air.
Speaker 13: Whenever you want it to. Air we we bring them out On tuesday morning at. Daylight and so whenever you, SAY i, mean we'll JUST i want.
Speaker 2: TO i want to help this. Book thank. You SO i appreciate. That and that's one of the things That sherry, said you were so good when she put her book, out and the the you, know the review you gave of that book On amazon is just you took the time to understand. It and sure he told me to pass that along to. You she gonna come with, me she, said Because i've just been waiting on my opportunity to Show andy and Meet polly and tell them how MUCH i appreciate how good they've been to. Us and you've done it again with this. Book so thank, you absolutely blurve you guys very very much well and the feeling is. Mutual thanks for your time, Today, andy all your hard work you put into. It even though there's some, sick twisted side of you that loves, THIS i don't think this has worked for. You everybody join Wisdom haarbor dot com now that's our wisdom haarbor dot com and we're giving out subscriptions of that too if you can.
Speaker 1: Win this is The Rick Burgess. Show this is What trump had in mind when he sought to Make america great. Again The Rick Burgis.
Speaker 2: Show probably one of the things he had in. Mind we're, here thanks for being with. Us Hello, america brand new. Iwer the gang all, Here, Speedy greg And adler and we have been looking forward to this and that is our opportunity to visit With Scott jennings and talk about the new book that will be coming out In. November, Scott welcome to The Rick Burgers. Show how are you, today Sir.
Speaker 9: Rick thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Me i'm.
Speaker 9: Great readings from The Louisville International. Airport by the, way it's an honor to be with.
Speaker 2: You, well look, there you're the pride Of. Kentucky there you are In. Louisville. Yep so you know we want the book is the revolution of common. Sense this common sense, PHRASE i can't remember the first person who said, it OR i would give them, credit BUT i certainly have been using. It is that we're living in a time where common sense became a superpower that was the comment common sense is now a, superpower and you are saying in your book that we're all looking forward To trump is leading a revolution of the return to, logic to common. Sense talk about the time a little.
Speaker 9: Bit, WELL i thought of it WHEN i was listening to the president's inaugural. Address he used the phrase there in The capitol Of rotunda and his inaugural AND i, thought you, know that's how he has rebranded The Republican. Party and there's a bunch of people out there who don't call Themselves republicans Or democrats or even liberal or, conservative but they're attracted to this idea of common, sense that he's on the right side of most eighty twenty issues In. America and that's how he's attracted all these people to the. Party and SO i, thought you, know this would be a good, book, actually AND i met with him In. February it pitched him on. It he decided to, cooperate AND i spent the hundredth day in office with him In michigan where he used the phrase again there at his rally In. Michigan and so it's, REALLY i, think been a recurring theme for. Him but it really speaks to WHAT i think the overall branding of the party is. Today and of, course issue after issue has popped up during his first one hundred plus. Days that shows exactly why the phrase is apt for his, administration.
Speaker 2: True and why there's been such a response to. It talk a. LITTLE i did not know, This, scott and it's shocking to me that this is the first. Book, now you're a, writer and you consider yourself a, writer but you've never written a. Book that's.
Speaker 9: Right i've written thousands of newspaper columns and certainly other kinds of, content but never tackle the. Book and so this time OUT i decided to tackle a big, one which, is you, know sort Of trump storming back Into, washington AND i think also fighting For western. Civilization you, know all these issues we debate on a daily, Basis we go back and forth on the political, stuff but the true issues at play in this world are the future of The west and the future of free. Speech AND i Think trump is sort of the bulwark against you, know all the people who would try to tear those things. Down SO i think there's things going on here in his administration that are just bigger than the Daily washington political. Fights they're really macro issues that we don't get those, right we won't be around to argue about the.
Speaker 2: Rest, well watching you ON c AND, n and you wouldn't believe how many times we're here on the show cheering for. You but but the things that you keep pointing out is what you're talking about in the. Book it's some of these things are not, political they're they're they're just. Logical and many times you've called everyone, going we as journalists should be applauding this right, now and the fact that we're not is could be even to our own. Demise don't we all want to be journalists?
Speaker 9: Again, well that's HOW i approach my work AT, cnn and that's HOW i approach this. Book you, KNOW i used to be a journalist right WHEN i was in, college AND i THOUGHT i was going to be, one AND i ended up going down the political. Route but in my, HEART i always approach things with an open heart and an open. Mind you, Know i'm asking, questions what's the? Truth what can we say that's? True instead of a, Narrative AND i think that's where the media business has gotten, off tract promotion of narratives over just the. Facts AND i think also the promotion of activism over, journalism and this reflexive need to always Oppose Oh trump no matter what he, does even if eighty or ninety percent Of americans agree with, him you have these people that just have to oppose. It summer. Journalists some are of course in The Democratic. Party but that's How i've approached the. Book it's HOW i approach my. Commentary is what's? True what are the? Facts and is it in opposition to some narrative that people have put. Out oftentimes you'll find the answer is.
Speaker 2: Yes compare This trump administration to the first time In.
Speaker 9: WELL i think this time he got the staff and the cabinet that matches his personality and his leadership. Style that's my observation is being in The White, house being with him a little, bit interviewing the. Cabinet he picked the team this time that best matches his leadership. STYLE i think last time he was sort of melded together with, people all good, people you, know people who are THERE i think for the right, reasons but they just weren't the match for this particular. President we don't have that problem this, time AND i think that's one of the core reasons that he's been able to move so quickly on so many.
Speaker 2: Issues, well he seems to be a person of. ACTION i don't think anybody can say that is that sometimes an achilles heel for him are are it's worth it because there's so much more good that comes from?
Speaker 9: It, WELL i think it's worth it because time is of the. ESSENCE i, mean one of the THINGS i learned in writing this book is he knows time is. SHORT i, mean you, know you have a, term and then once you get past the midterms next, year you know you start you're on the downhill slope of the. Term and so he's got a lot of balls in the air in terms of foreign, policy economic, policy and other. Issues BUT i think he's doing them all at the same time because he knows he has a finite amount of time being in The White. HOUSE i can tell You i'm not entirely sure who was running the country the last four, years But i'm quite sure who's running it right. Now WHAT i observed is the nerve center is The Oval. Office Donald trump is at the center of, it and there's not a bunch of layers between him and everybody. Else it's him talking to the, cabinet talking to the, staff talking to the people he's, appointed and demanding. Answers one cabinet secretary said that when you when he asked you to do, something if he follows up on, it at one chance to say we're working on, it but you don't get two. Chances and this is a guy who's like super hands on with the cabinet and the team that he's put in, place and he's not really interested in waiting for you, to you, know construct several committees back at the office and come back in six. Months he wants answers right.
Speaker 2: NOW i hate when you're in a meeting that could have been an email about what about The and this is beyond your. Book so this may be unfair because this it was happening after you probably you've completed the. Book but do you think that there's going to be a rub between he And Elon musks now That elon is not exactly getting on board for the big Beautiful.
Speaker 9: BILL i hope, not BECAUSE i Think elon has been one of the most important cultural and recently political figures in Modern american. HISTORY i mean his business, stuff you, know the visionary piece of. Him it's really, remarkable and then he decides to get involved in, politics really for one of the reasons THAT i mentioned in the book title for The future Of Western. CIVILIZATION i know he's not happy with this. Ill but one thing they could do if they really wanted to do this right is send up a separate recisions, package which is what The senate rules call, for and so you could do the big beautiful, bill which is The Trump, agenda and then separately codify some of the cuts that The dosee team has. Identified you actually could do them. Both AND i think AND i Hope President trump calls on The republican leadership to do, that BECAUSE i think both are. Needed the tax cuts That trump is calling, for the energy de, regulation plus some of the just stupidity That elon's team. IDENTIFIED i think it can all be. Done AND i really do hope The republicans And President trump work to Retain elon's influence BECAUSE i think it's been a net positive for the.
Speaker 2: Movement we got about another minute and a. Half the audience has to know what is your life like AT? Cnn are you treated? Well? There are you constantly being being? Ostracized you eat lunch?
Speaker 9: Alone, Well i'm treated very. Well AND i just signed a new three year contract with the, Network so they see the value and having you, know at least one lonely person to speak for half or eighty percent of the country on any given. Night AND i have to, say you know they thought of putting this ten o'clock debating show on the. Air it gives us a chance to air out these big. Debates no one ever tells me what to. Say they don't hand me a. Script they, say go do your. Thing and you know people are coming into. It they're seeing it in their social media. Feeds the ten o'clock shows are highest rated, show so treated quite. WELL i have to credit my employer for seeing the value having an actual, debate because you don't get.
Speaker 2: That on a lot of. PLACES i was about to, say who would have ever thought the audience would actually like to hear two sides of ideology debating back and, forth and then we pulled the logic out of it on what we think might be. Best one last. Thing do you think that is seen in getting on board to help you with the book or would they or you have to Fight tapper for.
Speaker 9: Time they did let me promote it when we first announced the pre, orders And i'm sure i'll do some stuff on it in the. Fall it comes Out november the, eighteenth so, yeah they'll help me, out And i'll also be able to do some other networks and some other media. Stuff But i'm going to promote the heck out of it Because President trump deserves a fence of what he is doing in this second, term and half or more than half the country deserves. Someone you, know there's going to be one hundred books written crapping On Donald, trump And i'm going to write the one that, says here's why he did, It here's why it makes a, difference and here's why it's good For. America it's called A revolution of common. Sense How Donald trump Storm washington and fought For western. Civilization you can order it From amazon or where you get your, books and it'll come out to you On november the.
Speaker 2: Eighteenth, yeah go ahead and pre order. Now go To, amazon pre order right. Now it's. There as he, said the release Is november the, eighteenth but go ahead and get ahead of it so you'll just get it right to come right to you when it's. Available thank You scott for taking time to be with. US i know a lot of people are pulling at, you and we're honored that you made time for us. Today.
Speaker 9: RICK i love your, SET i love your. Show i'm honored to be on with you, today and thanks for.
Speaker 2: Everything thank, You Scott. Jennings There he is a revolution of common. Sense How Donald trump Storm washington and fought For western. Civilization preorder it now At. Amazon it releases On november the, Eighteenth and of, course Catch Scott jennings ON cnn as he just told you he's gonna be there another three years beyond, this because everyone's enjoying that. Debate we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 16: Show i've been, right, plea but it musn't been, wrong.
Speaker 7: Dah.
Speaker 1: The man who was bold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog. Years dogs just don't live as long as. Humans Rick, Burches all.
Speaker 2: Right, america thanks for being with us. Today all, Right thanks To Scott jennings for giving us time. Today and hopefully we've established him with him we can have him on more going. Forward all. Right SO i want to point you to my pillow dot com slash big. Vox my pillow dot com slash big. Vox now a lot of us are concerned about overdoing it with the energy, drinks and we should. Be that's a legitimate. CONCERN a lot of the energy drinks drinks out there stimulants that can be bad for. You they got a lot more sugar in than me you think they. Do and what if you had a healthy energy drink for a clean Energy rev seven is What Mike, lindale it's the next. Generation he's all on board WITH Rfk junior and to Make america healthy, again and so he has created an energy energy drink that is kind of you, know in the other end of the spectrum from say your Red. Bulls no stimulants here at. All you can sharpen your, focus be at your best all day. Long use the promo code Big vox save thirty percent get the all New rev Seven energy drink for as low as nine to ninety. Nine so that's going to get you some savings right. There you're going To also if you go to my pillow dot com right now using our url so do the slash than big. Vox you can also get beach towels fifty percent, off just in time for headed to the beach into the. Lake, also you can Get geeza dream bed sheets for his low at forty nine, dollars and then the Premium My pillows for as low as nineteen ninety. Eight all this happening at my pillow dot, com Slash Big vox Or Rick burgess show dot com under the sponsors interesting comment, here, Heybird hey.
Speaker 4: Birds emails rolling, then but we ain't Interesting Big fox in the house. Interesting The Rick Burgess show was rocking the.
Speaker 2: Crowd so From, Hayburg Hey, bird this Is, gary AND i want us to consider, this. Fellows, okay once you really listen to what he's, saying this is this is an interesting. Email Hey, Birch gary, Here, hey SO i want you to ask the guys and. Yourself you offered five million dollars five, Million, yes all, right so we come. In Got speedy's attention there And. Gray but if someone, says and this is the, thing a specific word within two hundred feet of, you you will. Explode you have five million, dollars but you have to live the rest of your life no one ever saying this word within two hundred feet of, you or your life's. Sober you get to choose the word do you take the? Money and what word do you. Choose that is the weirdest Thing i've Ever that is is a thoughtful you just you're just AT i, mean you're just subject to if somebody comes by you and says that. Word, yeah so you got to better pick a good, word and it's not likely to ever be. Said my word is rumpel still. Skin you're going with the rumpel still. Skin you don't think anyone will ever bring up that child's.
Speaker 4: Tale rumpel smooth.
Speaker 2: Skin you're, hoping you're, Hoping, no, sir makes a lot, fans you will get blown. Up you're not gonna make it. Adverts so it's a, word not a. Phrase it's just one. Word it. Complicated i'm just, asking don't over ask you by would be? Mine yeah, right you wouldn't. Know let's see, Here but somebody else might say that to. You i'm chancing if they're dumb and don't know. You i'm taking the. Money i'm going with rumpel steel. Skin that's not. Bad al goes with rumpeled smooth. Skin, yes, oh rumpled smooth.
Speaker 4: SKIN i would pick the hardest and longest word to. Say if you can pick the, WORD i would. PICK i would do some research and it can't be one that's like uh, viral because like that word anti, disestablishmentarianism everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: Word you know What i'm, Saying thanks to, You YES i.
Speaker 4: Do SO i would have to pick the hardest and most rare word to, say and, YES i would do.
Speaker 6: The money super califragilistic splis.
Speaker 2: People singing that. Song you never know somebody can sing, that, man you better be careful with.
Speaker 4: That you can be on an airplane somebody starts Watching Mary.
Speaker 2: Poppins are y'all willing to try? This BECAUSE i mean it's, over. YOU'REUS i know you have to work somewhere.
Speaker 4: Else since it's two hundred feet you could just be a, hermit and then whoever whoever comes to your house.
Speaker 2: Knows the, rules they know THE i can't say, anything, yeah just you.
Speaker 4: Know don't get, crazy don't say don't say any words that have like six syllables or.
Speaker 2: More if you never had to leave your own, house you could probably bank on the word. Sorry but but you know it's but that's you, KNOW i, mean.
Speaker 4: Crazy, crazy ricks.
Speaker 2: Bonkers So i'm worried about That Mary poppins. Word i'm with. AD i THINK i go. RESEARCH i go real deep into and, say this is the word that hardly anyone even knows or. Uses find something from Old english or something like. THAT i think a caddy. WAMPUS i don't. KNOW i don't know.
Speaker 6: THAT i googled the thirty four craziest words in The English, dictionary and, uh flint flymm flam is at the.
Speaker 2: Top, no how about? Xylophone somebody said? Xylophone what's the? Odds just AM i saying? Xolophon? Playing? Yes ballet? Rag what about a rare medical term from? Textonation there you, go medical.
Speaker 4: Term this is the action or habit of estimating something as. Worthless Uh and here it. IS i can't even say. It Here's google saying.
Speaker 2: It, OKAY i want.
Speaker 4: All this is the action or habit of estimating something as.
Speaker 10: Worthless floxy not seeing the hilly. Prolification that's the one you pick right? There my, Luck i'd, go but the hospitals m'd say.
Speaker 6: It, yeah this is the this is the this word means the fear of long. Words that that's what this. Means this is WHAT i might. Choose, here let's see what this.
Speaker 2: Was uh com a hippopota monstress could put Alliophobia, yeah that's another hippopot in mo on stresses could put all the. Aphobia that's another good. One, yeah that's good. One somebody, said BUT i don't. Know you might have to. Go you might have to. GO i could end up going To. Washington d c. Rick somebody plays The queens.
Speaker 4: SONG i listened to that last week with my. Kids find.
Speaker 2: Me it was on the.
Speaker 4: RADIO i didn't choose what about this?
Speaker 2: One this?
Speaker 6: Word this word means, uh estimating something is, worthless comma.
Speaker 2: Flux and aucin of he'll phulification that what one you use?
Speaker 9: THAT i just?
Speaker 2: Saw, okay WHAT i was looking at my other? Words you got to pay attention TO i. WAS i was looking my other. Word i'm sorry you didn't get enough, sleep but don't take it out On. Hey this might be.
Speaker 4: It this is a lung disease caused by inhaling silica. Dust this is a lung. Disease it's, real it's a real. Word and here it is new mino ultra microscopic silico volcano. Coniosis oh, wow there's nobody's gonna say that.
Speaker 2: Around and the final, thing especially, then which is funny From hey, Bird this was. HILARIOUS i laughed out loud at this. One josh out Of, tennessee this occurred to. Me there's a lot of folks you're saying that go to the link and still don't see where to get a signed. Copy is it possible that since they can't figure out, that that you're sending books to people that can't. Read that is a good.
Speaker 16: One, yeah this is The Rick Burgess show, greatly but it must have been.
Speaker 1: Wrong the shoe that is willing to search for the answer to why anyone would drive slow in the left lead The Rick Burchis.
Speaker 2: Show when a life's big mysteries really, is there's those that are mistaken and then there's those that are defined about. It it's we've studied it for, decades all, Right so working our way, back only a little bit of time left in the show, today we do have a few more things to. Cover we we do want to hit this story. Headline Two Secret service officers suspended after a brawl outside The obama's. HOUSE i mean they're they're they're secret. Service. Yep they're signed to the former president and and the former First lady and they get in a fight with each.
Speaker 6: Other there's a little BIT i mean there's only eight seconds of surveillance, footage and it does appear as though somebody's fighting there to the just beside the.
Speaker 2: Car, YEAH i see that and right There, yeah, yeah there's a little push and, chup a little, push pushing and, shoving Says the two uniform officers were outside The obama's residence two thirty. Am one called for a supervisor to come, immediately and and it's. FEMALES i whooped this girl's, blank according to the audio recording that's been posted. Online so cat. Fight. Wow who would have thought two women working together would have a. Disagreement, yeah not like. Them so it looks, like, yeah you, know it's it's the women that are fighting right here and they Have, yeah you said that they are going to uh they've been. Suspended that's that's that's. Odd it's very. Odd. Uh we talked With Scott jennings earlier on the. Program but you, know as we, mentioned we did a little joke That jack, Oh Jake tapper is also got him a. Book it's it's a weird book because he's bringing to our attention something we tried to bring to his. Attention it just it just feels. WEIRD i, mean it just really does feel. Weird this is bizarre. Here so here's Here's Pierce, morgan and he's going to Ask jake what we want to ask. Him do you think you owe us an apology for now acting like that you've discovered something that you told us we didn't, see so here it.
Speaker 1: Is been taking your.
Speaker 11: Case do you feel that you owe The american people an apology for slightly dropping the ball with, this and not just To Laura.
Speaker 2: TRUMP i FEEL.
Speaker 15: I feel LIKE i owe The american people and acknowledgment THAT i WISH i had covered the story better that knowing what we know now and looking back on that, interview WHICH i feel tremendous humility. About she was right AND i was. WRONG i did not see in his the moments he was. HAVING i did not see that as cognitive.
Speaker 2: Decline she. Did our reporting suggests that she was.
Speaker 4: Correct SO i feel.
Speaker 15: Humility i've apologize to, her AND i feel like AND i think this is, something quite, frankly that other journalists should think about when it comes to other, mistakes Because i'm surely not the Only american journalist that wishes he or she had covered this better in legacy. MEDIA i should point out conservative media was on this from the very, beginning and that IS i will try to do. Better and THAT i, MEAN i could roll a bunch of clips of me asking about this. Issue and in twenty TWENTY i Asked President, biden Then Vice President, biden will you pledge to be transparent about your? Health and he said, yes although he was not AND i only got one interview with him as president in twenty twenty, two AND i asked him about The american people think you're too. Old whenever you're confronted with, that you, say watch. Me The american people are watching. You they still think you're too. Old so it's not LIKE i was ignoring, it and it's not LIKE i was part of the effort to hide. This but in, retrospect of, COURSE i wish my coverage had been better on this. Subject AND i think WHILE i recognized to a, Degree i'm the avatar Of american legacy journalism right now when it comes to this, STORY i, think in order to regain trust that there is something that we can do when we fall, short And i'm acknowledging, it.
Speaker 2: Did you acknowledge? IT i will say, this that's as close As i've heard him come to almost.
Speaker 4: Apologize he, said not an, apology an, acknowledgment an acknowledgment of his.
Speaker 2: Reporting, YES i love that he almost act like that that somehow it's his reporting he wants to talk, about as if that he was in charge of something else other than his. Reporting the way you reported was your own, decision and now you're writing a book that agrees with those who said you weren't reporting it. Correctly But i'm going to give him some. CREDIT i thought he did take ownership of a few, things not as directly as we would have, liked but he. Did he finally admitted That Laura trump was writing he was. Not that's. Big.
Speaker 4: Okay DID i hear him say conservative media was on top of.
Speaker 7: It he.
Speaker 2: Did he said they had it right and we did. Not but this thing where he acts like he can't quite just take full responsibility and say it's my, bad y'all got. Me i've written a. Book i'm coming. Out he had to somehow, say, Well i'd love to show you some clips WHERE i did ask him about his. Age, well you're asking the president about people thinking he's too. Old that's not the same, Thing, OKAY i Mean reagan had to deal with, that, okay and made a joke about. It we're talking about that we have someone running the free world that isn't able to do.
Speaker 4: It And Jake tapper is not. Stupid he knows that he saw what we saw well leading up to the twenty twenty. Election Jake tapper saw what we all. Saw and now they're all, pretending LIKE i.
Speaker 2: We're so, surprised, right why are they.
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 4: Surprise so.
Speaker 2: It's Been, yeah and like you, said it was all so logical because we could all plainly see, it ESPECIALLY i don't know where it was where he's somewhere along the way might have even, SAID i haven't had fan family members go through Dementia. Alzheimer's this is new to, Me so MAYBE i didn't see the things that others, saw because if you have any knowledge whatsoever of cognitive decline in the, elderly you could see it as plain as. That the way he, walks the wandering, around the engaging people that he's not even supposed to be talking, to the not remembering, things the fact that they're embellishing on stories because he's in his mind though he does think those things. Happen, YEAH i mean.
Speaker 4: Hiding him in the basement USING covid as an excuse leading up to the first. Election, yep not even the second.
Speaker 6: One, yeah, look you even mentioned it In Scott jennings. Interview common sense would tell you, somewhere of course it. Would, well here's one more. Adder i'll throw this at, you But i'll give you time to get. It so we've all been wondering who was using the auto pen two D David, sachs tech founder and. Investor he reported On Fox news that he believes That Elizabeth warren was one of the big autopen, people that she had an autopen wasn't fraid to use.
Speaker 23: It so here's that this is the financial system of the, Future, jesse and we have to encourage. It what The biden administration was. Doing and let's face, it it Wasn't. Biden Elizabeth warren controlled the auto pen during that. Administration she for some, reason has this pathological hatred of the crypto. Community she wants to drive this community. Offshore she doesn't want it happening in The United. States that's the wrong policy for The United. States we want all the innovation happening. Here this is the financial system of the. Future it's, cheaper it's more. Efficient we want it happening, Here, jesse AND i think people are thrilled That President trump is making that.
Speaker 2: Possible so he, Says Elizabeth warren was one of the main ones that took the auto pen and signed. Things you, Know, america that's a. Biggie, yeah it really. Is that's a biggie right. There And i'm glad we're finding these things things, Out but we as a country have got to hold people accountable for this kind of. Stuff and now we're finding out that things that were going on that you weren't allowed to question sounds a lot like the pandemic. Are just think and think about how many things from twenty twenty to right now that we were not allowed to comment. On That now everybody's talking as if these things are just now being, discovered, right and that all the things weren't allowed to say have turned out to actually be a true concern and a lot of the one hundred percent truth and most of it was just, logic and we weren't allowed to use. Logic, yeah we'll come back speaking of.
Speaker 6: That, YESTERDAY i think what they announced THE us is no longer going to recommend THE covid shot for pregnant women and.
Speaker 2: Children oh, yeah, YEAH i knew they were talking about, that so they did announce.
Speaker 4: That yet healthy kids and pregnant women.
Speaker 2: Should not take it. Right no longer are they going to suggest.
Speaker 4: That And i'm going to, add just like pretty much everybody on the, planet we'll be.
Speaker 2: Back we'll talk to you in my. Opinion, yes unscreen phone calls coming.
Speaker 1: Up this is The Rick Burgers.
Speaker 19: Show i'll want to get.
Speaker 1: Away don't forget The Wednesday bible study today at Noon Central time On The Rick Burgess show YouTube.
Speaker 2: Channel, yeah we'll be There joe fifteen today if you don't catch it, live and you can catch it later on the archive if you so. Desire unscreenphone calls now the number eight eight, eight the number six big box eight eight eight six two four for eight six to, nine and we'll find out what is on your, Mind. America we've covered a lot, today so there's plenty to comment ON cass today the. Archive if you missed any of. It, Hello you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone, calls go right, Ahead.
Speaker 12: Hey, rick you know you must have Crushed Andy, anderson.
Speaker 2: Right Andy, Andrews, yeah you must have destroyed.
Speaker 9: Him it's ALL i got the wrong.
Speaker 2: Name that's okay, again that's all.
Speaker 21: Right so how he dedicated how much he loved you and your family and you answered with the feelings. Mutual, yes you had a singer tell you you loved, you and you jumped in with both, feet told HIM i love you.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 2: Man you know With Jamie, johnson you're, RIGHT i do love you. Right well also though With Jamie, JOHNSON i didn't have the heartbreak, coming and With ANDY i did. So but you're. RIGHT i even thought about it WHEN i Said we. Continue Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls go. Ahead well, up, guys love a new.
Speaker 1: Show thank you.
Speaker 2: Man so WHAT i don't understand is the Whole Joe biden thing we keep talking. About why is no one asking What jill?
Speaker 4: Did she did, Nothing, Yeah jill awed him to just it don't make?
Speaker 2: Sense so. Sad, YEAH i, mean where where does anybody care about dignity of your level? One i'll tell you what they care about is power for The, capitol and they'll do anything anything to retain.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 2: Uh we, Continue Rick Birders, show unscreen phone, Calls go.
Speaker 1: Ahead this Is morgan From Golf SHAWS i heard you boys riding on my name. AGAIN i just want to let you. Know if you don't cut it, Up i'm gonna come up there and put the smack down on.
Speaker 2: You not. Bad it started out, Good. Morgan here goes the man with a thousand. Voices you, know you don't think you had a word or phrase here or there that was Ok he sounds, Like, okay you're listening to The rick and bubble.
Speaker 1: Shole of course he.
Speaker 2: Was better than.
Speaker 4: That, yeah it was better than. That, speedy good.
Speaker 2: JOB i hear.
Speaker 4: It could sound different in your own, Head so you're greg.
Speaker 2: Rude now now he's going To Jimmy stewart a little bit, fat did a little bit Of Jimmy. Steward Jimmy. STEWARD i thought it, was you, know the fact of the. Matter, hello does Not that's not what he. SAID i say. That That's. Jimmy jermy. Maguire welcome to The Rick Bergers. Show unscreen phone, calls go. AHEAD i loved the. SHOW i love It. Morgan now we're calling him The green boote and uh we Continue Rick Berger's. Show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead, okay good.
Speaker 7: Morning, HEY i just want to Say i'm really a, Female. GREG i don't know if that's a good.
Speaker 2: Thing it's.
Speaker 7: NOT i, Know, greg Look White CRASH. Tv Mama june is coming back On friday.
Speaker 2: Night from working from hot to not back to.
Speaker 7: Hot, no she's still a not.
Speaker 2: Different will you watch?
Speaker 7: This you? KNOW i love?
Speaker 2: It is it called?
Speaker 4: Again it's called family, something family, crisis.
Speaker 2: Family. Crisis, No rick bergershow unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 12: Ahead you saw the Movie happy episode one oh?
Speaker 11: Two fellas?
Speaker 2: Time thank you very? Much, well oh, two this is The BUCkies, man.
Speaker 12: Come and get them cameras baby.
Speaker 2: Coming we, Continue Rick berger, Show it's come, on unscreen phone. Calls go got a, Question, YEAH i got a question For.
Speaker 21: Adler, okay would it be possible to play replays of The Wednesday Bible study during the breaks on?
Speaker 2: YouTube?
Speaker 4: Absolutely oh really it would just And i've thought about it, before but it. Would it would be such a drastic change of tone depending on what we talk. About that's the one thing that's keeping me from actually doing. That AND i thought about doing it On thursdays because we do the we do it On. Wednesday got the new one On. Thursday So i've been doing some, Thinking, Greg but you, know we'll do a story about a dog getting thrown into an, oven and Then rick goes back to the suffering of job and it's and so that that's my. Bien hesitation might actually.
Speaker 2: Work good, Point it might actually.
Speaker 4: Work AND i WISH i had thought about the tone of things, before including big boys a, big gigantic smiling face in the last episode Of Strange. Encounters SOMETIMES i think about. Tones SOMETIMES i don't think about.
Speaker 2: Tone by the, way did you see the follow up story on the guy that actually cooked that? Chiabo did you see? It no taste that chicken? Thigh, okay, hey we had done.
Speaker 4: It is the chicken thighs are back in the.
Speaker 2: Doghouse. Oh by the, way a lot of people ask him about mister. Chin we'll let you.
Speaker 4: Know you just you're just planning on him being great because he's doing.
Speaker 2: Great, okay look at, him we, continued it's he looks. Okay trying to get air. Again Rick burder's show unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 12: Ahead, YEAH i don't think pregnant children should take THE covid shot. Either they've been traumatized.
Speaker 4: Enough, yes, seed he, said DID i say pregnant?
Speaker 2: Said you, said pregnant women and.
Speaker 4: Children you said it like, that pregnant.
Speaker 2: Women pregnant Women, Comma, YEAH i THOUGHT i said, that and y'all didn't picked up on pregnant.
Speaker 4: Chilling they got a bigger.
Speaker 2: Problem, yeah, GREAT i just. Didn't lines are. Opening if you've been wondering and you're getting the busy, signal they're they're opening now at eight eighty, six big. Box you're. Terrible uh we. Continue, Hey Rick burgers, show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 12: AHEAD i was just gonna let you, Know Jake tapper just proved you can't have it both.
Speaker 2: Ways, yeah it sound like it didn't. It he didn't take. It, okay Then Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 4: Ahead what a day to celebrate one hundred and.
Speaker 2: Two, Timmyers oh my, gosh funny. Funny do not encourage, that, ENCOURAGE i don't. Encourage Rick Burgess, show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead good.
Speaker 12: MORNING i keep her In the legacy, media Including Fox news saying that The biden cognitive decline being hidden is Like. Watergate, well, no that's not even. True the thing that was comparable To watergate is one of our own intelligence services availed To trump campaign acting twenty. Sixteen it was much worse Than, watergate and this whatever happened since then is.
Speaker 2: Treason, yeah, YEAH i. Agree how we just really changed our tone From watergate To as we Continue Rick burder's, show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead, HEY i just want.
Speaker 12: To SAY i would love the.
Speaker 9: Show keep doing what you're.
Speaker 2: Doing, thanks thank you very, much appreciate.
Speaker 4: You And trump called that, out by the, way and the legacy media called him crazy for.
Speaker 2: It, Oh trump's claiming that the towers.
Speaker 1: Tapped you're, Right what a crazy.
Speaker 2: Dude There's morgan. Crazy we're all Trying morgan for. Him now we Continue Rick Birders. Show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead, man this Is.
Speaker 22: Morgan where CAN i get a signed copy of your?
Speaker 2: Book are you getting? Around you've been? Serious so? Funny uh this big giant. Red we Continue burgers. Show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead, HEY i just love your. Show BUT i do you know?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 2: Nothing, okay you don't have to, shout we're right, here.
Speaker 22: Great something?
Speaker 12: Okay right about he's read About george.
Speaker 2: Straight George strait never wrote what song right okay has been from the truck, stop not everybody to truck. Stop Likes George. Trade we just found that. Out we just found that. Out uh we, Continue Rick Birders, show unscreen phone, calls go, ahead, ONE, o two do?
Speaker 4: Do, okay thank you, doctor.
Speaker 2: Some people.
Speaker 4: Thank, you, Professor thank, you, professor thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much how about y'all laugh at? THAT i don't? Know? Okay on two, Hey Rick Burgess, show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead look maybe maybe. Okay greg dropped the ball. Today somebody wists know where you can get a sign coffee of the audio. Book he missed A Joey chestnut story. Today, yep what's he?
Speaker 6: Eating he broke his own record by forty and by he ate the most popcorn in eight minutes and he's ever eaten forty two serving as a.
Speaker 2: Popcorn that's a good thing About. Joe he's not just in one. Thing he's not just a hot. Dog, yeah he broke his own. Record sounds. DESPERATE i haven't eaten a bunch of stuff. Lately let me try something. Else how long do you think he's gonna? Live how long you get paid for? That top of the.
Speaker 1: Hour this is The Rick Burgess. Show