Speaker 1: This is the Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast one more Thing, get it wherever you like to get podcasts. So back to the Katie Katie the News.
Speaker 2: Later, we got a text with a couple of questions that I don't think we've ever.
Speaker 1: Asked you before. I'll just it this way.
Speaker 2: Katie Green is a great addition to Armstrong and Getty, A real pro. But I do have some questions. One, how many pushups can she do?
Speaker 1: What the hell you know?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know. I know that I've done I think it was twenty eight and thirty seconds? How recently, like two months ago? Okay, that's pretty rare. I think that number's probably gone out. Yeah, if it's fairly recently, that's okay. I've never I don't like people tell me how like? This always comes up with running.
Speaker 1: On thousand and six.
Speaker 2: This always comes up with running with me and how long to take you to run the ten k or whatever? I used to run a ten k and whatever? Yeah, how long ago was that? When's the last time you ran a ten k? And if you haven't done it in fifteen years, I don't freaking care. All right, what difference does it make do it now nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 1: By the way, as long as she asked, literally, the last time you ran a ten k that might have been seventy nine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do one in the next year. That's what I'm building up too. I'm gonna run a ten k in the next year.
Speaker 3: I am one of those I need to get that zero point zero sticker for my car because I've never run a ten k and will never run a ten k.
Speaker 2: I've ever seen that. That's hilarious. Zero point zero in the same font. Yeah, it's perfect, and it says I don't run.
Speaker 1: If a bear chases me for ten kilometers, I will do a ten k. There you go turn to the bear and say how long are we going to do this? Because if it's going to be more than six point one miles, I might well just lay down, right? Why would I want you to eat me when I'm tired? And you just get this omes no advantage to either one of us. Cut to the chis cut the chase to the catch. So you've done that many push ups fairly recently. That's a good chunk of push ups right there. I have not done a one since my back problem started last summer, so I think I need to start working my way back. I haven't even tried it.
Speaker 2: I'm three out of the last five days, I think, so I'm on a bit of a role here eating an exercise. Have you ever been arrested? No, No, there's a hesitation.
Speaker 1: No, there was a dumb situation when I was in.
Speaker 3: Middle school that it resulted in me getting in a lot of trouble momentarily before the truth came out.
Speaker 1: But you weren't arrested. No, I've never been arrested.
Speaker 2: So your hesitation wasn't should I say this out loud on the air or not? Your hesitation was because I went through the.
Speaker 3: Most of the everything other than getting booked. I went through the process up. Some kid ripped the Mercedes emblem off of the vice principal's car and stuck it in my backpack because I had come from a Christian school and he was all anti Jesus and God and all that.
Speaker 1: Wow, And then told and then told the school.
Speaker 3: And the best part was when the the assistant principal came and got me from class and she pulls me out and she says, you know, I think you have something of mine, and I'm like, oh no, she goes, you might be wearing it around your neck, because all the kids were like wearing the big fake car emblems around their chain.
Speaker 1: I remember, yeah, yeah, And so.
Speaker 3: I pulled out the Catholic, you know, the Celtic cross that my mom had got me, and I'm like, I'm clueless.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 3: She opens my backpack and there was a Mercedes emblem in there.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So this kid went and said, Katie Green stole the Mercedes emblem.
Speaker 3: Yea said he saw me take it, and he did it to another girl that transferred to the school from the same school with me. So we both got pulled into the office and we're talking to the cops and.
Speaker 1: Well, and how long did it take you to straighten the sound? Flavor? Flavor?
Speaker 2: How did you how did you clear yourself it?
Speaker 3: It took about I think I was in the office for four and a half hours writing a statement and everything.
Speaker 1: And then the whole time, I'm going, my dad's a judge, just we'll clear this.
Speaker 3: Up, you know, because he was a judge at the time. And yeah, it took a lot. It was traumatic. Now, for some reason, this reminds me of one of my more embarrassing stories before we get there, Katie, what does it take to become a judge?
Speaker 1: Because Jack knows this. I've been saying for years I ought to be a judge. Do you know why? Because I'm so judgmental that I didn't want to say it. I think I'd be really good at it. So did your dad get elected or was he an appointed judge? Or he was? He was appointed by Duke Majon Oh okay, a governor of Yesteryear. Yes, okay. Was he a TV judge? A TV judge on TV?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: He could give Judge Judy a run for money. Oh, I still want to be a TV judge anyway, Jack has an embarrassing story.
Speaker 2: I'm gladys I was in high school. I didn't believe I was a sophomore in the band. And this is embarrassing for odd reasons. So the trumpet section had decided that bring this rest arrest. If you don't know music is silence, or you'd stop playing. But in this case, it was actually silence during the song. During the rest, all the trumpet players were gonna, I forget what the noise was, even pretend to burp or something like that.
Speaker 1: So it's like get.
Speaker 2: About about about about about about bout about about but everybody was gonna do that and then and and I didn't, but all the other trumpet players did. And the band teacher went back crazy, like band teachers do over anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, because they hate because they hate life.
Speaker 2: They hate the fact that they're genius musicians usually, and now they're teaching a bunch of teenagers who couldn't give a crap about music, and it makes them so angry that they drink and yell at children.
Speaker 1: This is when you exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, he throw his keys at people, this whole city keys or the baton. He threw the baton at people, erasers, all kinds of stuff. But anyway, he got so mad at people burping during the rest, and he went one by one who did it?
Speaker 1: Who did that?
Speaker 2: And then everybody's just kind of sitting there and some people were smirking whatever, And he went one by one and looked them in the eye and put their finger right in their face. Did you make that sound during the rest, And most of the man most of them fessed up and said yes. But it got to me and I said no because I didn't, so I had I was like it was like a triple whammy of awful. I don't think the band teacher believed me. The other kids were like, what a puss because I didn't, And then I was fine. I was feeling horrible for fever thinking I was lying and that my peers thought I was weak for not joining them in the completely meaningless hijinks.
Speaker 1: But that's kind of person I was. I didn't join them hijinks. And here we are, all these years later, and it's still affecting me.
Speaker 2: It's still affecting me, not because it bothers me because I didn't.
Speaker 1: I'd feel better if I had. Well, you may have been a trumpeter, but you've certainly earned the sad trombone. Wah wah wah. It's exact, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: I didn't join in the meaningless nobody gets hurt teenage hijinks because I was too straight laced. Isn't that incredible? And you still got yelled at for it? And I still got in trouble for it because he didn't believe me. I could tell he didn't believe me. So are there any more questions?
Speaker 1: For Katie? Yes, we enjoying this. Have you ever been arrested?
Speaker 2: Uh, what's the biggest celebrity you've ever met?
Speaker 3: Oh, I interviewed the cast of Jackass, So Johnny Knoxville and all those guys, Okay, and Robin Williams.
Speaker 1: That's a big one. That's a really big one. He was really sweet at what point in his life later Actually this.
Speaker 3: Was in twenty eleven, so that's towards the end.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was at I was at a comedy show and his daughter was performing, and he was there to watch his daughter. Ah, it's a cool Bay Area guy, so yeah, easier to run into's got a purple onion. Do you get anything out of meeting celebrities at this point in your life? Not really, Yeah, I don't really after you meet up there ahead, everybody should get to have the experience of meeting enough celebrities to realize it ain't nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just it ain't nothing. Used to fairly awkward.
Speaker 3: Or like, I mean, you guys know this be in a position where some people might look at you as one and you're just like, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, not at all. Yeah, And that's the weird thing about celebrity. It's all in the other person's head. It doesn't actually exist as a thing and you can't measure it or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Right, right, And while I actually ninety eight percent of the time really enjoy meeting folks who say, hey, I recognize you, I just want to say I like the show. It's because people are very nice that you often end up being really nice people who I enjoy chatting with. Yeah, the greatest experience or experience rather to illustrate what Jack's talking about is and this has happened many many times, will meet like a super avid listener who has a friend with them who doesn't listen, or has never heard of us, or was from a different part of the country or whatever. You had one person about to go to pieces and the other like, hey, how's it going. So is some people have observed fame isn't something you have, it's something they have. That's a great way to put it. Yeah, and don't still it's it's so anybody who aspires to fame, don't trust me when I say this. If you aspire to have a successful business, I consider our quote unquote fame just to be like an after effect of having a successful business. But the idea that your self image will rise and fall based on the number of people who think you're cool or whatever. Now you don't don't get into that. Thee Armstrong and Getty show or Jack your show podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 2: So here's the serious thing I was going to do, which feels weird now, but maybe I need transition music in my mind.
Speaker 1: Have we ever used transmission transmission music?
Speaker 2: This is when you shift from second to third gear, transition music from silly to serious.
Speaker 1: Can we do that, Michael? Yeah, I think this one will work.
Speaker 2: Actually both ways here, Okay, you know you're right.
Speaker 1: We used to have different silly to serious music than are serious to silly music. This is a song, This does work. This is a song. Sam is going to be dancing too.
Speaker 3: You're a.
Speaker 2: Great In the fifties when the twist was popular. Anybody can twist awesome, when there were dances and a monkey to swim anything that you just like you knew what you're supposed to do with your.
Speaker 1: Dands and it was cross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not doing a good job of transitioning to something serious. This Air Force pilot retired over the weekend who was involved in nine to eleven. And I had never heard this story, or I had, and I forgot it because I can hide my own Easter eggs. Anyway, this Air Force sixteen pilot retired over the weekend after forty years in the Air Force. He his job was to take out Flight ninety three, the last plane that was still in the air, on nine to eleven. And I had never heard this story in completion. I knew that we had scrambled fighter jets and that that was a possibility. I didn't know this. He's sixty one years old now. He was in his late thirties at the time, and him and this other female pilot, Heather Penny, who was twenty six at the time, were ordered to go up. This is after you know, two planes that at the World Trade Center. One it hit the Pentagon and there was another plane in the air and we figured it out. And this had all occurred in like seconds, and this was all happening really really fast, and they were scrambled and told to go up, and what was the actual phrase, stop it? Their orders were to locate flight ninety three and stop it. That's all they were told. So him and this other woman went up, and he was the guy in charge, and he went up because he didn't want to ask anybody else to do this, because he had a an idea of how awful this would be.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: They decided him and this woman that if required, they would hit the hijacked plane with their jets, making it a suicide mission.
Speaker 1: They were got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that we couldn't figure out how to it first because our fighter jets were not armed with missiles. Oh, we didn't have any weapons. We were just we just went up and were told to stop that plane. Oh my lord. I so you hadn't heard this either, I know. So he and this woman said they they planned to ram the front of the jetliner and he was gonna hit it from the front. She was going to hit it from the back at the same time, flying it, you know, six hundred miles an hour, and that's what they were going to do. But right before they were already in the air and screaming toward the plane. Before it happened, they got word that the plane had gone down. Because we all know, the passengers took over the plane and it crashed into the ground and they all died. This guy, the woman was single and childless. But this dude's I should give his name. I haven't given his name. Yet have I He's a freaking hero. Mark Sassville. He had a wife and two young children, ages three and five at the time. He said, it's a testament to those people that brought down that plane that changed my life's family forever.
Speaker 1: He was gonna die.
Speaker 3: Oh, wife and two young kids, going Okay, this is what I have to do.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: He didn't even think about it at the time. He said, training just kicked in. It all happened so fast. They were given the order to take down the plane okay, and he talked to the woman, this is what we'll do. We'll fly into the plane, and it's just all I'm sure. It was happening very very fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, more toxic masculinity from him and her. Yeah. Wow, that's that's incredible. How many people did those passengers on flight ninety three save. It's a number that'll never be known. Well, were the flight was believed to be headed for? What? The White House? That guy's going to say. They're not certain still on that yet.
Speaker 2: There were some beliefs that it was the White House, some that was the capital, but either way.
Speaker 1: It was going to be the Capitol. Yeah, yeah, either way, it was gonna be bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be interested to know if he called his wife prior to getting in that jet.
Speaker 1: Oh, like what you would say.
Speaker 2: From reading just this short description of there was no time for that. This was a this is what's happened. There's still a flight in the air, like a run to the plane, get in the air and just go and go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow. Well, and if you read the nine to eleven report, it was amazing how much confusion there was and uh trying to get planes in the air to defend DC or whatever. There's nobody even knew who to call to suddenly defend the homeland, and so enormous amounts of time elapsed before they got like a significant force up in the air. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Somehow, I just happened to see the video the other day of George Bush reading the reading to those kids, and the person came and whispered in his ear mister President, were under attack. I understand why he did this, how he did it because he was in shock himself.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He says he didn't want to like freak out the kids. He should have stood up right there and just walked out. The kids will be fine. The whole America is the whole country is about to be freaked out, So yeah, waiting another However many minutes it was before he did anything. I don't know that was the best choice, but I can understand. Yeah, that's a lot to comprehend in a very you know, all of a sudden, sitting in front of the press. He was sitting there because I just for some reason. Oh, I was some more recent interview where he talks about it, because now he is an old man. It's interesting to see the videos of him now he's an old man, and he was such a young man at the time. But he was talking about how he was looking at the back of the room and seeing all the press. They were all getting the alerts, so he knew they knew. And that's a lot to have a ridle through your brain at one time.
Speaker 1: I actually know a couple of people who know W. One a little bit, one very very well. He was in the press uh office for h W and then New W and his family too, and everybody who knows George W really really likes him. And this guy who worked for h W for a number of years, he he echoes the impression I'd always gotten. He said, he's one of the most honorable and decent people he's ever known. Yeah, well, lots of people say that, which is interesting. What happened.
Speaker 2: That he choosing we choose our candidates, not the way we choose our candidates. Yeah, we don't have any requirements for decency or experience or.
Speaker 1: Really anything mental capacity coherence.
Speaker 2: This story out of California. I guess this is a problem in a number of different states, but this particular lawsuit is in California. If you're a nurse, or you work at a hospital, for instance, in any capacity, really, but you have your PhD, do you get to call yourself doctor so and so? If I have a PhD in history but I work at a hospital, yes, do I get to call myself doctor Jack Armstrong? Yes, Well, apparently you can't in a lot of states. That's against the law. It's not as clearing California. And this woman who is told not to call herself doctor anymore. She's a nurse, but she introduces herself as doctor so and so and has that on her little tag and signs things that way. It confuses the patient obviously, and she is told not to do that. She is suing saying, you know, hey, I worked really hard to spend a lot of money. I got this degree. This is the title I get to call myself this.
Speaker 1: So they're trying to I would suggest that the further it is from medical science, I answer science at all, the more enthusiastic I am about this idea. You have a PhD in women's studies, you ought to call yourself doctor in the hospital and walk into patients rooms and they say, doctor, I don't know if this drug is working. You say, well, I wouldn't know. I don't know anything about medicine, and then walk out again and leave them wondering what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 2: But I can tell you about Napoleon's loss at Waterloo, because that's what I have.
Speaker 1: My PhD. Wow, the whole I got a PhD. So I you got to call me doctor.
Speaker 2: You know, I've known a few, Uh, well, I've known quite a few people with PhDs, but uh, I've only known a few that really trotted out a lot. Usually it's only when it's contextually makes sense, like if uh you know, if you're if you're having a meeting about business and you got somebody there who's got a PhD in business to introduce him as doctor. So and so I went to Stanford. That's I think that's perfectly fun. It's a stretch, but that's not even necessary. But they just like regularly casual. You're out for dinner and you introduce yourself as doctor so and so.
Speaker 1: Eh, come on, well, how about freaking doctor Jill Biden? Exactly what I was thinking. She's got what a PhD in library or something library science or whatever it is English.
Speaker 2: I've had more acquaintances or friends that actually kind of hide the fact that they have a PhD unless it like really comes up in conversation and you would kind of get into a weird territory to not mention it. They don't mention it because of the way it comes off. So this particular woman who's suing California to be able to call herself doctor says she always tells patients as a nurse when she goes in there and they say, uh, oh hi, doctor Janine.
Speaker 1: I have her name here, but it doesn't matter, And she says, I'm not a medical doctor, have my PhD in something else.
Speaker 2: My first thought would be, then, why do you call yourself doctor at a freaking hospital? Would not be your first thought?
Speaker 1: Yeah, came into that I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She pretty you know what you're doing, pretending you don't know what you're doing, walking around a hospital with a badge that's doctor so and so on it.
Speaker 1: I can't remember did you tell us what her PhD is in? I'm only mildly interested. I just had that in front of you, and I don't remember. I'm just curious how ridiculous it is. What about DJs who referred to themselves as doctors may be allowed to identify themselves thusly in a hospital doctor Johnny Fever. I have spinned or spun many platters to get this nickname. I deserve credit for it. She has a doctorate of nursing practice, whatever that is. Well, that's funny. I'm a doctor of nursing.
Speaker 2: That's weird. I'm a nursing of doctor. You want to go out sometimes.
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Wow, I would just say this if you have a PhD, and you probably know this. Most people, I think the vast majority of people kind of roll their eyes if you introduce yourself as doctor so and so, or your wife does, her husband does or whatever?
Speaker 1: All right, I think most people do. They make fun of you after you leave certainly. I like what Joe said. She basically has this.
Speaker 3: She has a doctorate and it's the highest level of nurse training, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So she's doctor nurse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you someone who can fix my knee or take out my gall bladder?
Speaker 1: No? Well, then shot at I agree with you, Katie. Woman sounds annoying. I'm a doctor of nursing. That's so funny. I'm trying to think, is there anything like, uh, anything similar to that. I don't know. It is a pretty uni doctor of nursing. It'd be like I'm an engineer of Now, there's nothing analogous. I don't think so, because a nurse is kind of sort of an assistant to doctors.
Speaker 2: I'm the president of vice presidents. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm the president of the Vice President's Association.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's something I would walk around pointing out every day. That's why I think she's obnoxious. What is you know, what good is she doing herself or anyone else she encounters.
Speaker 1: So you're super well educated in your profession, good for you. Go out and prove it. That's fine. I'm the captain of the second Mate's division. So moving on to Disney.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard what this is, but it's labeled as the Secrets of Disney World.
Speaker 1: I have never been to Disney World. Oh maybe I'll learn something here. One a magic Kingdom.
Speaker 4: All cast members are in powered to create magical moments. These are designed for If you see a kid lose their turkey leg to a seagull, you can go get them a brand new one for free. Have you ever seen a janitor move s fash through the park. The answer is no, that would destroy the magic. Every trash can that you see is not actually a trash can, but a shoot that goes directly into Disney's trash compactor system called the Utilidor nobody throws up at Disney World. That's gross. They have protein spills and every cast member has protein spill powder. You throw it on top of the throw up, it drives it up and the janitor will come and clean it up a few minutes later. I would have to call Chop Protective Services, the police, and Disney management at least once a month while working at Space Mountain. Why their parents thought it would be a great idea to wait in a two and a half hour line to get onto Space Mountain and leave their kid out front. Well, by the time they get off that ride, the police greet them and no one leaves happy.
Speaker 1: And it's not very magical. Wow. So a couple of things.
Speaker 2: One, I think we need to start editing TikTok clips to put space between thoughts. I understand why they do it on TikTok, but for me, my mind, I get interested in something and then you hit with me with something else, and okay, I get to do that. You have ruined for me, just like a beat. So I got boomer brain. Maybe I have a boomer brain. Yeah, I mean because TikTok's the most successful thing and ever. I guess young people can handle that. But I get I hear it like, well that's and then they're on to the next thing. AnyWho.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: So you don't see janitors going to empty the garbage bins, which is kind of gross because it goes down into a shoot. All right. Interesting they call vomiting protein spills, and every cast member has the powder got like utility beilt like batman, right ready to throw a little powder on the protein spill. Immediately a little puke powder and then.
Speaker 1: There were a couple other things in there.
Speaker 2: I wanted to comment them, but my boomer brain couldn't comprehend them because it was coming at me so fast.
Speaker 1: Well, you have the people leaving their kid to fend for themselves, their little kid as they wait two and a half hours for ride. Just sit there on the bench, Jenny, I'll be back.
Speaker 2: I did wait with my kids for I think to and a half hours for the Mario Ride at Nintendo Land or whatever that thing is called. Is that what it's called, Nintendo Land, I don't even know what, No clue, Universal Studios, Nintendo World. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and the Mario Ride, which it had just opened, and it was like the hottest thing going and it goes half your day, right yeah, yeah, it's a lot of your day. But that's why we went. The reason we went was to ride that ride. So and it was all thirty year olds, right, A lot of thirty year olds in costume. A lot of thirty year olds by themselves in costume. Oh that I don't get. No, it makes me sad, But I would say that it was the quickest moving two and a half hours I've ever done in my life. I mean, I don't think I stood for more than a few seconds. You're kind of constantly shuffling or walking, and usually in the Disney style, and this was their genius.
Speaker 1: You come across something interesting and entertaining as you're waiting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you walk through the castle. So you go up these stairs around a corner, and then you're in a room and there's a couple of things to look at, and then you go down this.
Speaker 1: Stair and intern corner.
Speaker 2: Hey, there's something interesting. So I went by fairly quickly. I don't know whoever invented that. That was very cleverly understood psychology in an amazing way.
Speaker 1: But I don't know that I'd ever do it again.
Speaker 2: My one kid said it was absolutely worth it, and my other kid said he was a teenager. Of course, nothing's worth it to him, right, My definition is a teenager. Nothing's cool, nothing's worth it.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getdy Show. It's The Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast One More Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you'd like to get podcasts.
Speaker 2: I angered some people by not taking Nicky Haley seriously enough or something. I feel like I've taken it fairly seriously. From the beginning, but.
Speaker 1: I can vouch for that he has. Yes, mm hm.
Speaker 2: But I guess if you don't do it every single time, and somebody only hears one comment, like me commenting on her dress today, I feel like that's the only thing I've ever thought about her. She was wearing a red dress, and I said, man, that's some nice dress. In defense of Jack, red is a bold color for a politician to wear.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: If you wear a bright red dress, I assume you're trying to do some attention to yourself.
Speaker 1: But isn't there some forbidding of doing that in the Book of Leviticus or something like that wearing a red dress.
Speaker 2: But this person went on to say, if a man made a speech wearing a red suit, I'll bet you would have mentioned that first as well. And then the women get that you have all the options for all these different clothes you can wear. If Mitt Romney came out in a bright red suit, I mean, the first thing anybody said, holy crap, like he's sindbad or something. Yes, for instance, for a professional pool player or something out of.
Speaker 1: It's always struck me. You see the Senate chamber or the House chamber, and you have every single guy in a dark suit, a white or light blue shirt, and a red or blue tie, every single damn one of them. And then you've got the many colors of the rainbow of the coals. They're wearing white and yellow and red and blue and whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Dresses, pants, suits, brooches, no brooches. You got all the options to you if you're a woman, Katie, but only of course. The downside is, I know I've heard women say this before, is I got to come up with something to wear where you get to just throw on a suit and always call yourself dressed up correct, Which is handy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely well, especially because it's also simpler. You have your your pants, your shirt, your jacket, which is what you guys wear usually.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I wear a suit to work most every day, and it is it is It is easier than dressing casual to wear a suit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely true. If you have two suits, you've covered it. If you have three, you're trying too hard. And the other thing is about suits is you can gain five pounds lose five pounds. They fit fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got four suits. I rotate a bunch of dress shirts. It's super easy to dress. But if I was trying to dress up without a suit, I'd take a lot of money in time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dresses are not forgiving, guys. I'll tell you that those things do not give.
Speaker 2: Either it fits the way it did when you bought it or not, yes, or and it'll never fit that way again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting, I've not had that situation. I haven't tried on many dresses.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: So the CIA has done a lot of wacky things throughout the years, and a whole bunch of it has been to classified because after twenty five years or thirty years or fifty years, there are different rules for different levels of stuff. Some of this stuff comes out. Some of this I've heard before. Some of this I'd never like. All this stuff about the way these ways we tried to kill fidela Castro I've heard many many times.
Speaker 1: Oh, a classic.
Speaker 2: We actually did try to poisonous cigars or have exploding cigars and kill him, or at least considered it, and a bunch of other stuff. But some of this new stuff I had not heard. The Osama bin Laden demon toy. The plan after nine eleven was to make figurines that look like Osama bin Laden and give them to kids in South Asia. After being left in the sun for a certain amount of time, its face would peel off to reveal a demon like vision with red skin, green eyes, and black markings. The objective was to scare kids on their parents, so Ben Laden al Qaida would lose support points for creativity.
Speaker 1: Geese, how about a stick with me? Now? How about a melting faced demon figurine?
Speaker 3: I look like they were on some bad acid. Yeah, wow, there are no bad ideas, Joe. Let's go with the Osama bin Laden deemon face. This one's from the Cold War, but I don't think i'd heard this one before.
Speaker 1: The Cold War.
Speaker 2: Condom drop plan, CIA operatives drew up a plan to have packets of extra large condoms labeled small, dropped on the USSR.
Speaker 1: The idea was to lower their morale. That would work.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't This small condom is still way too big for me. Wow, my must be tiny compared to the West. You know what, this tiny? I see no reason to fight for the Motherland. If I had a giant, I would lay down my life gladly for this correct till the end. But with this minuscule I'm just going home, right. This is a devilish plan.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious. Wow. The acoustic kitty.
Speaker 2: They basically put a microphone in a radio and a cat and released it in the Soviet embassy to wander around eavesdropping since nobody suspects a wandering cat.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, poor a cat.
Speaker 3: All of these ideas just sound like somebody was really high.
Speaker 1: To me, they really do. Dude. What if you're to like, put a microphone up a cat and then turn it loose because nobody's going to think of cat's a spy? Most what if the cat spy pooped out the mic, Dude, then it totally be busted. What are they gonna do? Question the cat man? Most cats evert.
Speaker 2: Most places of work I've been in, you just don't ignore wandering stray cats in the hallways.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a different time, another straight cat.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Jim as I was saying, the place to attack the United States is eh boy, But this is the one I wanted to get on because it backs up. I believe Hitler and I agree on one thing, and that is modern art is bogus.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But modern art as a CIA weapon. Back during the sixties, the CIA noticed that artists tend to lean towards socialism communism. They realized the best way to prevent this or discredit these political positions was to make them wealthy so that they would be more invested in capitalism. To do this, the CAA anonymously bought modern art pieces matter how nonsensical, for very high prices, making a whole bunch of modern artists rich so they would embrace capitalism. So a lot of that modern art that got successful and sold was a CIA plot, not some discerning art collector.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, that makes the cat like sounds like a really good idea. I mean, good, lord, really, what the wow? It's like a massive waste of money. I know it will do. I mean what if they just like donated to the communist party? I mean, I don't like that's just that is weak.
Speaker 2: She liked the cat microphone store better than the big fan of that by modern art, huge fan.
Speaker 1: Did they give any any specific examples? I mean, like and he wrehol entirely a product of the CIA's right, you know, writing checks.
Speaker 2: Nobody had any interest in those soup cans except for the CIA.
Speaker 1: Could be I don't know, doesn't say wow, wow, how interesting.
Speaker 2: Cat microphone that's your favorite idea for a number.
Speaker 1: Of reasons, exactly of course. The way they walk around with their tails up in the air. You could a camera, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, when he turns that towards you at the camera at the wide angle, well.
Speaker 1: It has to be. I'm here a love.
Speaker 2: I'm not a cat, says the cat wandering around the embassy.