Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's gidding look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: I'm all swinging alongside Scarlett Fuld.
Speaker 2: We're joined by bloombergs. Isabelle, Lee, Isabelle.
Speaker 1: What are you looking at? We have to look at Nvidia shares are edging higher by almost four percent. They delivered a surprising lister on revenue forecast and really just pushed back on any idea that the AI industry may be in a bubble. So this is a lot of concerns and Nvidia has really become just a barometer of AI health. I mean, I think that both of them have become synonymous over time. So sales is expected to be about sixty five billion in the January quarter. That's three billion dollars higher than analysts expected. And Nvidia also said that they have around half a trillion dollar revenue bonanza in theocoming quarters, which is also even bigger than expected. THEFO. The CFO went further on Wednesday and said that it might even eclipse that target and of course, there are also maybe headwinds in the horizon because they said that the China is still going to be a problem. They have largely locked and video out of their massive market, and Yensen Huang said that our forecast for China is zero.
Speaker 2: Right, but at least now they know that that's the bigsline and there wasn't confusion about whether it's included or not.
Speaker 1: There's certainty in the zero exactly NEXTOC, next office, kind of sad Bath and bodyworks. It's down by twenty four percent. This is the most since March twenty twenty, according to since sins and the lowest since July twenty twenty. The ticker is BBWI, so they cut there for your full year outlook and the company said that week consumer sentiment is hurting shopper's willingness to spend, and of course again the tariff, which you haven't heard in a while, which is impacting them. So the company announced a turnaround plan to refocus some of their home products retailers on its core business. So previously the strategy was more aligned to drive incremental growth, but the new transformation plan is projected to have around two hundred and fifty million dollars in cost savings. So it lacks specifics, but one thing that they say is they will exit some categories like men's grooming and hair care. And I recently went to a store actually near my home. Yes, and that was a shop because I was buying some little gifts because I'm going back to Asia tomorrow. And of course not they have I Cleveland, Philippines, they have a men's stuff And I know that was just new to me because remember when I was in college or high school, which was just a year ago. The perfume was a year ago. High school was a year ago. They were big on the perfect Do you remember that scarlett. Everyone was giving each other the gifts in a plastic bottle. No, yes, that's right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. Anyway, I think sometimes.
Speaker 2: It's a little too fragrant. It's like overload on the census.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, exactly, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Verizon Verizon tickers VZ shares are done by eight tens of one percent. Again, it's a company wide layoff that they announced. This will shrink the company by as much as twenty percent of the non union workforce. So this is worth noting because Verizon is the largest US carrier in the US, and they gave notice that they will begin cutting thirteen thousand employees. And it extends through every level business, retail workers, customer service representatives, and senior executives. So this was announced by CEO Dan Shalman, who was lead independent director at Horizon, and he was named the top job last month after two conservative consecutive quarters of subscriber losses and lackluster ZOP performance. Anyway, he promised a simpler, leaner and scrappier business. But I can imagine that it must be bad for sentiment. I actually have a friend who works there and she said that, you know, it feels a tough morale. Yeah, that kind of environment.
Speaker 2: But I'm a Verizon wireless subscriber.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy with them. All right, Isabelle, thank you so much. We appreciate that as well. Lee Cross as a reporter Bloomberg News, and you're flying to where tomorrow, Philippines, Phift, Taiwan, maybe fifteen hours. Good luck. You lose your mind after ten hours. It doesn't make it. You have to watch like three movies and take a really long nap and then when you wake up it's still eight hours ago. All right, Better you than me. I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout out today for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.