Speaker 1: Is this a great game or what with the Hall of Famer?
Speaker 2: Tim Kirkshin I'm his son, Jeff Kirkschhen delayed by one day for this release of this episode because last night we got who new Hall of Famers set to be inducted in July in Cooperstown, Dad. Exciting news last night breaking.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is front and center field news because two center fielders are going in, Carlos Beltron and Andrew Jones. I voted for both of them. I also voted for Chase Utley. This is my thirty fifth year voting for the Hall of Fame. It's the greatest honor that I have and I love voting for the Hall. It's a very difficult job. However, these two guys who got in deserve to get in. Were you surprised at all, Jeff, from what you saw.
Speaker 1: No, not surprised at all.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it the power and the importance of both of these players.
Speaker 1: They both deserve to be in the Hall.
Speaker 2: I know, with all due respect that you believe they're in the Hall.
Speaker 1: You voted for them to.
Speaker 2: Be in the Hall, and I think it's a deserved class. I think it's going to be an excellent one, well deserved. It was really cool watching the announcement from the plack room. They do such a great job there announcing the players, and soon, in just six short months, they will have a plaque hanging in that room forever, right.
Speaker 3: It's so cool. So Carlos Beltron is one of the greatest postseason players I've ever seen. But Jeff, when you look at fifteen hundred run scored and fifteen hundred harbyis that's a pretty small group. When you look at he's one of five players ever with four hundred homers and three hundred stolen bases. He has the twenty fifth most extra base hits, tied with Cal Ripken exactly with one thousand and seventy eight. He was a great offensive player, and yet he won three goal gloves, He made nine All Star teams, he won the Rookie of the Year, he won the Clemente Award, and he had eight thirty seven ops for his career, which is pretty darn good, especially for a brilliant defensive center fielder. And we don't have that many center fielders in the Hall of Fame. But Jeff, when you look at his ops in the postseason, one point zero two one. It's almost two hundred points higher in the postseason, when the games matter the most. He had sixteen homers, drove in forty two runs in his postseason career. And I'm telling you, Jeff two thousand and four, especially watching Carlos Beltron, and I saw every postseason game he played that year, I said to myself, at least quietly, this is what it must have been like to watch Mickey Mantle in his prime. The way he hit the ball from both sides of the plate, the defense he played in center field, and the way he ran the bases. When he tried to steal a base, he almost always made it. So that's Carlos Beltron for you at Jeff, Are you offended at all? I'm just asking that he was part of the signs stealing scandaled in Houston in twenty seventeen. People think he was the ringleader, and that kept him from getting even more votes and kept him out of the Hall of Fame until this year. Just wondering you, as a thirty two year old, are you offended by what he did?
Speaker 2: You know, I think, respectfully, the Hall has missed the boat at times. You know what happens as a player, what happens as a manager. Listen, Like the Pete Rose debate will never be the same now that he's passed. I definitely think there was a lack thereof punishment for that team. I think there should have been more of a punishment. I've said that publicly and I'm not afraid to stand by it. However, I do think Carlos Beltron is a Hall of Famer as a player, and I think he deserves to be in the Hall. I mean that wholeheartedly, despite believing that that team and the coaches on the team didn't get enough coming their way for what happened with the signs. Stealing trash can scandal if you will, but that does not sway me from wanting him.
Speaker 1: In the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, Jeff, I have a look. What he did was wrong, clearly, and he has been punished for it because it took him this long to get in the Hall of Fame. Those numbers, to me, at least are first ballot Hall of Fame numbers. He got to eighty four percent this year and he's in. I have a slightly different look at stealing science again, the way they did it. It was illegal, it was wrong, It should not have been done. But this thought that and let's not be let's not surprise anyone here. When you know fastball or off speed's coming, you know which one that is a that's a big advantage. If you know in out way up down, that's a big advantage too. But it doesn't guarantee that you know if fastball is coming and then you're going to hit, you're going to get a hit, or you're going to hit a home run. It doesn't work that way, and I always go back, Jeff. This is always troubled me a little bit. Cal Ripken and Tony Gwynn are at least two players, and there are many more that told me this that they don't want to know what is coming. You know, you can have any system you want, and they would say, what if you're wrong? You know, I go up there with a plan. Both Cal Junior and Tony Gwynn told me, I go to the plate with a plan. I don't need anybody getting in the way of what I'm thinking about going up there. These are teammates who are trying to help them, but they say, I don't need any help. I've got a plan. Does that make sense to you.
Speaker 2: I hate to make it into a basketball analogy, but tell me if this is somewhat accurate.
Speaker 1: It's like when you're.
Speaker 2: Going you're driving down the lane and you're expecting contact and you don't get it right.
Speaker 1: Or you're driving down the lane on a.
Speaker 2: Fast break and you don't expect contact and you get it.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Like you're not realizing or you go up for a jumper and you realize the guy who's taking a step back instead of coming at you.
Speaker 1: You're now kind.
Speaker 2: Of in your head about, Oh, that's not what I was expecting.
Speaker 1: So I think you're right, Dad.
Speaker 2: I think baseball is hard enough as it is when it comes to expecting things going up there with your own process and your own system of reading the picture and how does the ball come off. I think players like Tony Gwynn and Cawalpken Jr. Well they didn't need it, But also I understand their regiment is more important than anything else.
Speaker 3: Right at Jeff, we have a guy who's part of a sign stealing scandal now in the Hall of Fame. Do you think thirty two year old Jeff Kirchen does this help Shoeless, Joe Jackson, Pete Rose, guys who bet on the game while they were playing we're managing. Does this help their case at all? Or is this not connected at all?
Speaker 2: You know, I think that Pete Rose is going to be in the Hall of Fame at some point, even though people make the argument of he's already in the hall. He's all over the Hall of Fame. I mean, he has more hits than any other player, so he's in there for that. He's in there because of his gambling on the game while he was a manager.
Speaker 1: He's in there all over the place. Same with the steroid guys.
Speaker 2: And I know you didn't ask about them, but I really think, Dad, Yes, I think this paves a way for Pete Rose to posthumously, one of my least favorite words, be placed into the Hall of Fame. And same with shoelas Joe, also posthumously because he played over one hundred years ago. But I do think this paves away I think the steroid guys are a different conversation. And I'd be curious Dad to turn it around and ask you does this sign stealing have anything to do for the main culprits of the steroid era.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the sign stealing is going to help everyone a little bit. That a sign stealing, you know, guy got in. Okay, but I'm sorry, I just don't see this as the same as Pete Rose or shoeless Joe Jackson. Okay, you are trained at a very young age to steal signs, no matter what the case. Now, they did it illegally, it was wrong. They got punished, they didn't get punished enough according to you. I understand that. But there isn't a sign when you walk into every clubhouse it says you're not allowed to steal signs from the other team. You are encouraged to steal signs. So I just don't think you can compare this to Pete Rose and shoeless Show Jackson quite as easily as some people want to think. And again, Jeff, this is my problem with being a voter. Still, I'm asked to be the moral arbiter here is what is cheating? Is it stealing signs, using a trash can? Is it, you know, scuffing a baseball, quirking a bat? Is it using steroids? Is it betting on baseball? I mean they're all cheating to some degree. And I'm just not comfortable being the moral arbiter of what is the bigger cheat and everything else. But that's where we are on the Hall of Fame ballot. I mean, Manny Ramirez is off the ballot after ten years because you know, he obviously got caught several times after they were you know, checking, and there were punishment, there were penalties and everything else. So that's a separator. That's why the Hall of Fame voting is still still the biggest honor I have, the biggest privilege I have, But it's still really really hard to get it right. I don't think you can get it right anymore. You just do the best you can. And I know that's what I did, and I did that every year.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations to Carlos Beltron being inducted this July into the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. But he'll go in alongside another center fielder, Andrew Jones, will be a Hall of Famer this year.
Speaker 3: Right, and I think it's deserving. I voted for him. He got seventy eight percent of the vote. This was his ninth year on the ballot. Jeff, after Willie Mays, he's the greatest defensive center fielder that I've ever seen, and I saw Willie Mays. Because I'm almost seventy years old. I'll never forget. I did a story for Sports Illustrated ones just looking at the play, at each physician that is the hardest to make, like the you're charging the bunt bare hand for a third baseman, thrown across the diamond for a center fielder. I chose the ball that's hit directly over their head. So I'm in the process of trying to figure out who was the best active player. This is, you know, thirty years ago, almost the best active player at getting the ball hit over his head in center field. And I mentioned one set of one team. I went to him and I said, isn't Ken Griffy Junior. And I'll I'll be honest with you, it was a little exulted because the guy goes what several of the players goes what. Nobody has ever been better than Andrew Jones at that, And again I saw Willie Mays. No one was better than Willy Mays. I grew up watching Paul Blair in Baltimore. He was great. But Andrew Jones is I repeat, the second greatest defensive center fielder that I've ever seen. He won ten Gold Gloves and he had four hundred thirty four homers. So the only players ever with ten gold gloves and four hundred homers are Willie Mays, Ken Griffy Junior, Mike Schmidt, and Andrew Jones. That's why I voted a film. Now, you know, the downside Jet was even though he started his career at nineteen and I was there that night at Yankee Stadium when he had two home runs in Game one of the World Series as a nineteen year old, but his career really really fell off at age thirty thirty one and he wasn't even close to being the same. But when you have a ten year prime, and he had a ten year prime, to me, that's normally good enough to get you into the Hall of Fame. So that's why I voted for Andrew Jones.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Andrew Jones dead.
Speaker 2: This is so exciting for me because all of these guys are from a generation in which I grew up watching them play. And I know that sounds crazy, but you know, when I was growing up, the first couple in Ducks I went to, I wasn't even alive when they were still playing, or at least when they were in their prime. It wasn't until I hit the years of cow Ripken Junior and Tony Gwynn and those inductions that I started to say, Okay, I saw these guys, but I didn't see cal in the eighties, right. I saw these guys come up in the league. I saw their rise, I saw their World Series performances.
Speaker 1: That's really neat, Dad, the.
Speaker 2: Two home runs in Game one of the World Series as a nineteen year old. But I mean the only other one I can think of from a teenage performance was it Juan Soto. Was he nineteen or was he twenty already?
Speaker 3: Well, Wan Soto hit cleanup in a World Series at age twenty, that's right, Ty Cobb, That's Miguel Cabrera, That's Juan Soto. It's hard to do.
Speaker 2: And then I mean, going back to Carlos Peltron, Dad, when it comes to playoff performance, nobody, nobody did it better. I mean, if we had to rename a mister October, it would be Carlos Beltrok Right.
Speaker 3: And again, Jeff, he didn't just hit home runs like Reggie Jackson did. He ran the bases. He played a magnificent center field. So I think the two guys who were most likely to get in did get in. I was struck by a couple other things. Again, I voted for Chase Utley. He's up to fifty nine percent of the vote. He's made a couple of really nice jumps here, and I think this bodes well for him eventually getting into the Hall of Fame. And I voted for Chase Utley because I thought he was the best all round player on those great Phillies teams, the team that won the World Series in two thousand and eight. I mean, they had great players, Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, who's very much a borderline Hall of Famer. He has a shot some days, got to really pick it up from here. But Udley had every intangible Jeff, That's what I did. No one played the game harder than Chase Utley, no one played the game more correctly than Chase Utley. And I just always appreciated how important it was for him to play the game the right way and to win. That's all he ever cared about. I'll never forget Jeff. When I interviewed him early in his career, just do a story just about how great Chase Utley was. He gave me the most boring interview of all time. Was he was. He wasn't rude, certainly, he wasn't dismissive. He just didn't say anything of any interest. And when we were done, I thanked him and he looked at me and he said sorry like that, like, I just can't give you what you're looking for here because I don't want to talk about myself. Now. If we talked about the team, wow, if we talked about how great Jimmy Rollins was, or how great you know Roy Halliday was, or you know any of those guys, well, he's all in. He'll talk about them all day. But I always kind of admired him for looking at me and just not giving me anything because he didn't want to make it about him. Does that mean anything to you, Jeff?
Speaker 2: I think it's wonderfully humbling to hear that from a guy of his stature and his ability. It's incredible, and I think one day he'll make it. So those were your three that you only voted for three this year?
Speaker 3: Dad, Yeah, And Jeff, most years I voted for ten, okay, And there were years where if I had seventeen that I could vote for, I would have voted for seventeen. Now, that doesn't mean that today's players aren't as good as you know ten years ago or so. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying there are ebbs and flows to every Hall of Fame ballot, and it hurts me to only vote for three, but I got to vote with my conscience, and I voted for Beltron, and Andrew Jones and Chase Obey.
Speaker 2: You know, my heart, my little second baseman heart was really heartbroken to see and I didn't think it was going to happen anyway, But I would have loved to see Chase Utley, Jeff Kent, and Dustin Pedroia all go in in the same class. I mean, talk about great hands right there, the little guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that'd be great. Yeah. We love Dustin Padroya, and nobody played the game harder than him, even though I just said the same thing about Chase Utley, but that's He's a little guy that made a great career, but it ended short. He got hurt, not his fault, and it's just I just feel terrible not voting for him. But I looked at the numbers and I just couldn't go there. So that's the hard part. But the last thing, Jeff, Cole Hamil's got twenty five percent his first year on the ballot. Okay, I did not vote for Cole Hammil's. I seriously considered him. But I think that's a pretty good first year showing for Cole Hammil's. That doesn't mean he's going to get in one day, but that was slightly higher, better than I thought he would do, and I think that's a great sign for Cole Hammils.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of Philadelphia Phillies on this ballot, Dad, and so you know, not getting Utley in was a disappointment obviously for fans. But they have Rollins, they have Hammels, They've got Utley. There could be some future from those great early two thousands teams.
Speaker 3: Right right, Okay. A couple other takeaways Jeff from the week not related to the Hall of Fame. Ryan Presley retired. It's you know, he had fourteen Jeff postseason saves. That's the fifth most of all time. Ryan Presley was a really good pitcher for several teams. I really enjoyed watching him pitch. He didn't overpower everybody, but he had such a great combination fastball, slider, curveball, everything else. He was really good and also really sad. This week, Jeff wilbur Wood died. Wilburwood is way, way, way before your time. He was a knuckleball pitcher. Nineteen seventy two, Jeff, he threw three hundred and seventy six innings. Granted, he's a knuckleball pitcher three seventy six, Jeff. If you get to two hundred today, you are a work course of the highest order. He threw three hundred and seventy six innings in nineteen seventy two and in seventy two seventy three, Jeff, he won a total of forty eight games in back to back seasons combined. That's unbelievable. And in nineteen seventy three, Jeff, he went twenty four and twenty so he Phil Nicro Walter Johnson, are you a very small group of guys who've won twenty and lost twenty in the same year? I ever tell you, I went to Walter Johnson High School nineteen Yeah, nineteen sixteen, Walter Johnson, get this, went twenty five and twenty and he had a one point nine oer and he lost twenty games. Think about that for a minute. I mean, but that's.
Speaker 2: Let's think about this. How many of those games did he lose?
Speaker 1: Was it one to zero? Probably a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Walter Johnson had thirty eight one to nothing losses in his career. Think about that. First, Well, he was amazing. So last thing, Wilburwood three point twenty four Era twenty four shoutouts more than Mike Messina. Well, I only mentioned because Mike Messina is a Hall of Famer. He was a first ballot Hall of Famer for me. So Wilburwood, rest in peace. You were a lot of fun to watch in your day. And again, Jeff, just another reminder, knuckleball pitchers never get to do that. They are owed because people think it's just a carnival act and it's not. It's a really hard pitch to throw, and he threw it pretty darn well for a long time.
Speaker 2: On the State in Baseball History, Dad January the twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, Yeah, we had a couple of fun things. Shed long. I only bring up his name, Jeff, because you left our house the other day on Martin Luther King Weekend you had to go home early because the shed was being delivered to your house and you had to get home and shovel the snow. And then what happened.
Speaker 1: The shed got canceled.
Speaker 2: The shed has already been moved one week. Now it's being moved another week. And Dad, I don't know if you've looked at the weather, but there's going to be a massive snow storm hitting the entire country on Sunday into Monday, and my shed's supposed to come on Monday.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna get this darn thing.
Speaker 3: Dad, right right Well, on this date in twenty nineteen, shed Long Junior. I love that his real first name is Shedrick. But he was traded from the red to the Yankees in the Sunny Gray Deal, and later that day the Yankees traded him to the Marators. So in one day this day in twenty nineteen, shed Long got traded twice. And we will talk a little bit more about shed Long when we do team tim. Hopefully you can figure out where we're headed with that. I have a good feeling, okay. Also on this date, in nineteen fifty two, Mike Kruco was born. Mike Cruco was a good major League pitcher. He's one of the great broadcasters in baseball. He and Dwayne Kuiper do Giants games. They should both be in the Hall of Fame, and they will, both of them will be one day. And I always I love talking to Mike Creuco. I learned so much from him every time I talk to him. And he's got a great sense of humor, which he's always had. So, Jeff, do you remember you remember years ago when Terry You've seen it on YouTube and everywhere. Terry Mulholland, a pitcher for then the Giants, the ball a one hop comebacker came to him and the ball got stuck in his glove, so he couldn't get the ball out of the webbing because it was trapped. So he threw the glove to Bob Bredley, the first baseman, for the out, and Mike Ruco said after the game, I still get a kick out of this this many years later, he told Bredley, you blew it. You should have whipped it around the infield. Should have whipped the glove around the infield. That's my Kruco for it. Love that, Love that all right, That's this day in baseball history.
Speaker 2: Chat well, Dad, we did one through fifty five, the best players to wear each number, from Ozzie to Oral, and so now starting this year we did from Burley to Behemoth, from fifty six to ninety nine, and Dad, we're on number fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been pretty easy so far. Mark Burley, of course was number fifty six. Fifty seven was Ohan Santana. It was a pretty good choice. And number fifty eight is Jonathan Paplebon, who saved three hundred and sixty eight games. He two hundred and nineteen of them for the Red Sox, one hundred and twenty three of them for the Phillies. And I've always got a big kick out of papal Bond because he's he's got a playful way about him. And Tito Frank Godo, who's made me laugh so many times. Jeff told us that, you know, he plays cribbage before every game, and papal Bond said, hey, how about how how about if I get to play, you're going to teach me how to place. Of course, they play for money, and Tito's like a great cribbage player and papal ban was just learning, so he wasn't very good. So he lost a lot of games and lost a lot of money. As Tito won stild he said he built my he finished my basement for me, meaning the money that Tito won playing cribbage against John paple Bond got him the basement finished in his house. I'm sorry, I love that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's incredible. We love Jonathan Bapplebon and we love Tito. We loved Tito, had him as a guest when he was not managing a team. We got him right at the right time, Dad, because he took that Reds team to the playoffs last year, and only exciting stuff for him this year. All right, Dad, three cards from the bathroom, and took three cards out of the basement bathroom. We got a whole collection down there at a display on the mirror, and in a mitt down there, who.
Speaker 3: Do you have? Yeah, I just close my eyes and stick my hand in there. I don't just pick three, because I can't do this for just three. But sometimes. This time I picked six, and I came up with three that I would like to talk about out of the sixth. First one is Framber Valdez, still a free agent, a very good pitcher. The combination of that curveball and that hard sinker is just devastating. I'm always amazed, Jeff, and I've told you this before. I've seen him play long He's left handed, but I've seen him play long toss right handed many times, and it just amazes me that he looks right handed as he's throwing with his right hand. Who did we learn last week? Was Ambidexterres as a kid and still is today.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me you forgot it was last week, Kelly Kirkson.
Speaker 3: Well, we always I'm.
Speaker 2: Kidding Dad, Don Mattingly, It's Don Mattingley, who was our guest last week. If you missed it, we kind of treated it like a bonus episode, but it's waiting for you. Donnie Baseball was absolutely incredible, just recently named as the bench coach for the Phillies, but nonetheless a great baseball player, A great baseball player in his day.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's who we found out right, because.
Speaker 3: He was one of the great first basemen defensively of all time. Left handed, of course, but when he was growing up he would catch, play second base, play third base, and as kid he would play those positions right handed, which is just incredible to me. All right. Number two is Mike Wit. The only perfect game that I have ever covered was Mike WIT's perfect game on the last day of the nineteen eighty four season. He was pitching for the Angels. I was covering the Rangers, and that was the end of the season. Final game. Game lasted like an hour and forty eight minutes. Everyone wanted to go home. And let's see if you can remember, because I know I've told you this story before. Marv Foley made the last out of that perfect game as a pinch hitter. Do you remember what the distinction was of Marv Foley specific to that perfect game. I don't want to torture you on this, Jem. It was the last at bat that he took every A League career in his career, The last at bat he ever took was the final out of a perfect game. Again, Jeff, only in baseball can this happen? And number three is Ramone Martinez, who is his younger brother Jeff.
Speaker 1: Pedro.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Ramone was much taller than Pedro. Ramon, by the way, had more career shutouts than Pedro did. I mean? Ramon had filthy stuff. And I'll never forget the first time I met him. This is Dodger days, you know, thirty forty years ago, whatever it was. And after I shake his hand, Eric Carris of the Dodgers comes up to me and he said, did you notice his forearms? And I went, what, he goes, He's got the longest forearms I've ever seen. So I go back to Ramone Martinez and I say, show me your forearms and they were like this much longer, Jeff than anybody else's forearms. So that incredible whip action that he used to get on his breaking ball was in part because he had these really long, flexible forearms. So his brother Pedro Hall of Famer, of course, had the biggest fingers, biggest hands, triple jointed, can manipulate the ball any way you wanted. Because of those great hands. His brother Ramone, who I repeat had more career shutouts than Pedro, he had these long whip action forearms, which made him an even better pitcher. I just love the little things like that. You recognize, well, I needed help recognizing, but that was one of the great attributes of Ramone Martinez.
Speaker 2: And if there's one thing to learn about Tim Kirkshon is if you have a body part that's even a little bit strange. He's gonna ask you about it, that's for sure. If your head can fit multiple beers in the helmet, he's gonna ask you about it. If you can palm a basketball, he's gonna ask you about it. Okay, if you can open up a can of soda with your toes, he's gonna ask you about it and make you do it, because he's writing a story another chapter in his book called soda toes or whatever you're doing, you always have the best stories, Dad, because that's because you're the most curious guy out there. And that's what we love about you. That's what we love about your work.
Speaker 3: Let's see how well you listen, Jeff. Sandy Kofax you talk to you about many times with the biggest hands you'll ever see on a picture. How what shoe size did Sandy Kofax wear or what does he still wear? He told us this in October after a World Series game. Say it, you know it?
Speaker 1: I can't remember, Dad.
Speaker 3: It's a fifteen fifteen he's like just over six feet tallity, whereas a fifteen shoe? I love it, Sandy Kofax. Yes, you're right, Jeff. Those things intrigue me because sometimes just a little bit of difference, you know, allows you to be even better at something. If a body part really works well, whether it's big hands, big feet, small feet, little fingers, thick fingers, whatever it is. I love that stuff and you're right, So thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's wrap up today's episode Dad with a team Tim. I mean you already mentioned my shed. Thanks for bringing up such an unpleasant subject. Why don't you give me a paper cut? And boyd lemon juice in it? What's closed? Miracle Max?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay, Jeff, So shed was an obvious one. So this is the all building slash structure team, okay it and I vowed I vowed at the beginning of twenty twenty six to have a team Tim for every episode that we do. So they are going to be many stretches in here, but we're going to start with Shed Long as our second baseman. Derek Hall is our first basement because a hall is a structure, right. Austin Barnes multiple plural barns, even though there's an es. Brady House is our third baseman. Rocky Bridges is our shortstop. Ryan Church is one outfielder. Jake Cave which is a structure of sorts. People have actually survived living in a cave. And Charlie Abbey is one of our outfielders. I never heard of him, but I looked up Abby and there he was. By the way, Jeff, Let's just show you how one minded I am, about how little I know about so much. When Downtown Abbey came out, you remember, yes, my mother grew up in England, I thought it was Downtown Abbey. I thought it was about an abbey that was located downtown that wasn't nearly as bad as when Martine Prado, who was a really good hitter for Thes and then the Marlins. I said on Baseball Tonight, this is at least twenty years ago. And Wendy Nicks love Wendy Nick. She was the host of the show. So I made a joke, even though it really turned against me. The Devilwaar's Prato is what I said. And I didn't know the difference, and Wendy said, like corrected me, like scolded me on the air and said, Tim, it's the devilwars Prada, not Prado. But since the only thing I knew that resembled that was the second basement, third baseman, Martine Prado. That was pretty bad, Jeff. Sorry, and Wendy had every right to Yellavie all right, last our pictures. We have a bunch, but I'm Austin Kitchen pitched in twenty twenty six. Love that name. Wally Bunker really good. Oriole in the mid sixties, live in a bunker for a while. And Doc ellis a former pirates pitcher, of course, and a doc is a structure of sorts. So that's the all building structure team this day on Hall of Fame week. That was not a Hall of Fame list, but shed just got my attention, Jeff, because of all that you went through with your shed.
Speaker 1: And that was good.
Speaker 2: But I would say it was as big of a stretch as Randy Johnson and a couple of those. That was a bigger stretch of Willie McCovey.
Speaker 3: That was his nickname. It was a bigger stretch than Steve Russian and that's his nickname too. Stretch, Yeah, Stretch.
Speaker 1: Steve Russian, father of two or three children. I love him all right, Dad.
Speaker 2: Well, the Hall of Fame class will grow by three come July with Jeff Kent previously announced from the Contemporary Committee, and then of course Andrew Jones and Carlos Speltrom will join as well. Now we can't make promises, but the last couple of years we've you know, popped over to the Hall of Fame for a little bit of love, and so maybe we'll be back this year. I'm really looking forward to. Cooper's Down is like the happiest, greatest place on earth. Dat I know it brings you so much joy. You are now a member of the Hall of Fame as a baseball writer, deservedly so. And hopefully you and I will get to head back.
Speaker 1: There this summer because it's really special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just to repeat you, greatest privilege I have, greatest honor I have in the business is being able to vote for the Hall of Fame because Carlos Beltron and Andrew Jones's life changed to yesterday when they were inducted into the Hall of Fame. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening, and as always, thanks for being a part of our family.