Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Right Episode two sixty nine with some legitimate breaking news. I thought we were going to just have a whole, full blown Kansas City celebration today because the Royals beat the Yankees. I had. I I bought Demon's, I bought fifteen tickets to this baseball game. I was planning on bringing just the mayor of Kansas City, your mom, and your sisters. That was That was the group and I And at first I was like, oh, maybe Fox, maybe I can ask for a favorite Fox, get give me some tickets. But and Fox would have given me some tickets, but problem I'm bringing the mayor political figure. All of a sudden, it's like a campaign donation, Like what do you do? There's so it's like, no, can't do it. So I'm like, don't worry, like I'll just take care of the tickets. But your aunties are in town. We had this big birthday party Saturday night. I had, you know, maybe a few a little too much wine, and I just started inviting people. I didn't even I ben getting tech Sunday like whatever. All of a sudden, I'm on seat geek just firing off tickets. So it was great. So that was amazing.
Speaker 3: Chief were they all just roll? I found?
Speaker 2: I found No, I found nine, four and five, you know, in a row row three in row four, four on the aisle, then five on the aisle, and that's where all of the Royals fans, plus my brother in law, Joe's husband, who's a diehard Yankee fan and was in hell the whole game. He was happy to be there, but was in hell. And then everyone else, Oh Danny from Breakfast Ball, one of them, everyone else that was a Yankee fan was sitting one section over so like they we could see each other. But the Yankee fans were their Royals fans were here. That's going on. I'm sorry about I'm watching Monday night football. It's a great Kansas City sports day. I figure that's where we're starting. And I was even gonna do a whole thing about how sometimes life just works out where in your quest, in one's quest to become America's most pre eminent sports talk personality, the universe blesses you by having your hometown be the center of the sports universe. Have maybe the best player in baseball, certainly the best player other than Otani and Judge, and maybe he beats Judge while having a dynasty all of it. But instead we can't even lead with any of that because the Jets are gonna Jets. So the breaking news is Robert Sala has been fired. We'll get to that in a second. First, quickly, what missed the cut? Lebron and Bronni share a court together for the first time. I can only imagine that made Demonse's allergies act up again. Gardner Minshew may or may not have been caught picking his nose, and Stefan Diggs side eyes Josh Allen. It would appear, but Demonse. I just, oh, by the way, this episode of What Dravin the Great is brought to you by Huggy Skin Essentials. Baby's rejoice. New Huggy Skin Essentials are here, a brand new dermatologist prove line of diaper's wipes, the pull up training fans, all designed with baby's sensitive skin in mind. All right, So, Demanse, what's the breaking news? Even though I just said it, go ahead and tell the audience.
Speaker 4: So the Jets have officially fired Robert Sala or Bobby Sala, whatever we're calling him these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeff Ulbrick, not Nat Hackett, will be the interim head coach. Shout at listen. A lot of people thought Robert Salad could be fired if this season went awry. I want to give special credit to Eric mangeni who on Thursday or Friday on the show made the point that I had not even considered, which was if Sala loses this game in particular, it could have awful repercussions. And what I was surprised about with it was is like, well, the Vikings are really you know four and oh they're really good. And Mangenie's point that I had just forgotten was the owner of the New York Jets for four years, had to step away from being on because when Trump was president, Trump named Woody Johnson the ambassador to the United Kingdom, and so Woody Johnson has a lot of friends, political figures, business partners, whomever over there in London where the game was being played, And Coach's point was, if the Jets lose that game and play poorly and look bad, that that is the type of thing that can enrage the owner who's trying to, you know, maybe kind of show off to the people that he used to work around in London, and it could be the last straw. I thought, listen, I thought Robert Sawa was getting fired eventually. I did not think he was going to get fired. After the Jets defense, which is his thing, played awesome against the Vikings, made Sam Darnold go straight pumpkin mode and they had a chance to win the game. But Rogers, you know, screwed it up at the end. But he's fired. So let's look backwards, then look forwards. The look backwards is this man, Mike Vrabel was sitting out there this summer. I don't know if Bill Belichick would have taken the job, but Bill Belichick was sitting out there this summer. You decided to run it back with Robert Salah, And honestly, like, what did you expect to be after five games three and two? You're two and three. It's not like And now, listen, I don't think the Jets are going to be very good, but they have not had the spiral, oh my god season from hell that usually would get a coach fired this quickly, and it just shows a total lack of foresight or real planning to fire your coach this quickly into the year. Now, the other piece of this, of course, is how much of the blame falls on Aaron Rodgers And sorry, but a lot of it because a if he played better against the Vikings, they win and the coach isn't fired. But also, and I know Aaron and Sala tried to tell us at every chance at the press conferences, Oh, we're all good, but Sala, Aaron consistently letting the whole world know, not my guy this year. And what's crazy is I think Sala stayed. I think one of the reasons they didn't fire Sala was because I'm talking about in the offseason Aaron didn't want them to, but I said it then, I will say it again. I do not think Aaron Rodgers ever forgave Robert Sala for calling his trip to Egypt unexcused. And from that moment forward there was a disconnect and the you know what should have been up to that point, the pinnacle of the Jets season, which was them dominating the Patriots. When Sala tried to hug Aaron and Aaron shoved, you know, did that to him? You can't tell me that's nothing. That was something then, that was so clearly something then. And then they tried to play it off. Oh, he talks about two score leads, talks about this nonsense, and there were just a lot of and then when the Cadence stuff came up and Aaron's like, oh well, or you could just hold the guys accountable, there were a lot of not subtle easter eggs saying they weren't on the same page. So now Robert Salad pays with his job and I mean demonse how many days ago, ten days ago, ten days ago, maybe twelve days ago, Aaron Rodgers is at a president. I'm just being like, all right, now, our big thing is learning how to handle prosperity and expect to dominate, not just win. Twelve days later, damn coaches fired, You lose to bow Nix and Sam Darnold out of here. I mean, the Jets are just gonna be the Jets. And there are certain things, man that I don't know how to say this without sounding obnoxious, but just listen to me, folks. Some franchises like the Fish rots from the head down and Yets lack of competent ownership and front office and head coaching, all of it made this season dead on arrival from the beginning. And I had to listen to so many people this summer be like, oh, you don't think Bryce Hall is a top three running back? And I'm like, well, even if he is, he's not gonna save you. And also, by the way, you guys seen Bryce Hall lately, have you? Cause I have. I saw him carry the ball ten times for four yards against the Broncos and then up that to nine times for twenty three yards against the Vikings. I had to listen to people say I'm underrating Garrett Wilson because I said he's a really good but not a great player. Yet I had people tell me, Aaron Rodgers is gonna fix everything. The last time Aaron Rodgers was awesome, Mac Jones was a pro bowler. And the amount of people fans can be fans, the amount of people in my profession, some of whom fancy themselves quarterbacking experts that just swore up and down. Oh, this Jets team, with that defense, with the quarterbacking you're gonna get from Aaron Rodgers, that's a championship contender. They fired their coach before the election. Like, so, I don't know what to tell you other than I told you already. And the Jets fans deserve better. The Jets franchise does not. Their players might, but the general franchise doesn't. And now you've got an interim head coach. Do you think, oh Man Demanse, do you think Rogers is still gonna do his McAfee interview today?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Yeah, will definitely shake the table whatever he's gonna say, because he's gonna say something. Yeah, yeah, maybe, but I can't put that past. Yeah, go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 2: You know I can't. The So like Davante Adams does a wit with k Adams on FanDuel and shout out to Kay Adams. She's done a really nice job getting these interviews breaking news. Davante canceled his today because he's in the midst of trade rumors and just and that's and I totally get that, Like I understand why. It's like it's probably not good for anybody for me to come on right now. I don't know, man, I feel like Roger's gonna pop on McAfee and be like, man, ain't this something and I'm not listening. I don't think Rogers went to what he Johnson said, fired the coach. I don't think that at all. I I do think that if he has any sense of self awareness, he understands that a lot of the dominoes that had to fall for Robert Salad to get fired before Doug Peterson, for Robert Salad to be the first guy out, uh were set into motion by him.
Speaker 3: Oh Hackett so like guy, and he's.
Speaker 2: That was like, oh right, well that you can't fire net Hackett because that's Rogers guy, and that's the guy Rodgers wants there. And that's saying it's the Offensi's fault. You can't do that. Like somebody tweeted this and they're correct. What do you mean the Jets fired their head coach. I just checked the roster and Aaron Rodgers still on the team. There is that element of it. Also, I shouted out, Mangeenie, I want to shout out Wilds as well, which was Wild's last week after the Broncos thing, and the whole Cadence argument said that Robert Sala should consider going on the attack essentially instead of just always eating bleep from Rogers, being like, you know what, if I'm gonna get fired, I'm gonna go out on my sword and kind of firing back. It seemed like a crazy thought. Here's the thing, I know, it couldn't have ended worse than this. He would he wouldn't have been fired any quicker if he had done that. All right, from arguably the worst franchise in sports to inarguably the best franchise in sports. Let's talk about Monday night football.
Speaker 4: So yeah, your Chiefs remain undefeated for the time being. Patrick Mahomes is continuing that pig streak. He threw a pick in the game again yesterday.
Speaker 2: Give me a break. I mean he did, but that was but okay.
Speaker 3: I'll say it was fast.
Speaker 4: A little tip is it's a it's a pick though, if Jalen Hurts would have done that.
Speaker 3: Hurts.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm glad you said that. Just real quick on the Jalen Hurts thing. Demand you remember this take that everyone killed me for twenty days into training camp, Jalen Hurts twenty practices in zero interceptions and I said too few. Uh yeah, well, you know, as Bimani used to say, uh, listen to me now, believe me. Later on, I that was that. Uh. I had forgotten about that storyline, but you just mentioned it about the intercepting Jailen Hurts. But go ahead, what were.
Speaker 3: You as something there? So you missed you actually missed the game.
Speaker 4: You went to the Royals game with the family and Danny and even the mayor Lucas. I don't know if we're gonna show some picks for those watching on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, this was me and the America. The American city came in and then I man shout out to Yankee Stadium for the cell service. I didn't even have to have Wi Fi. I streamed that entire game just propped up on a beer can, the whole Monday night football with no interruption. I was like, man, it's gonna buffer, it's not gonna it worked. It worked brilliantly. So I actually did get to watch both. But go ahead.
Speaker 4: So the real question is, is Kansas City the best sports city in the country at the moment.
Speaker 2: Right now, right now? Yeah, And the Mahomes Bobby Witt duo can go toe to toe with any two sport, two athlete combo in any city in the country, Like New York's got eight teams, what would the New York duo be right now? Aaron Judge and Jalen Brunson with respect, That ain't Mahomes Bobby Wit Los Angeles Lobronotani. That's pretty good his story like that, But so that's in the same conversations Dallas, Mica and Luca. That's not better than Mahomes Bobby, Like yeah, And so the given what the Chiefs are doing and the Royals after one hundred and six losses being two wins away from being in the alcs UH is pretty remarkable. All right, let's talk Demond's about the Chiefs. So it does look like Rashi Rice is probably gonna be out for the year. There was weird reporting on that yesterday. It's not an ACL but probably still out for the year. I don't think they're gonna definitively know he's one hundred percent out for the year until later today. But let's just assume he is. Here's the thing, Lovershi, he's an awesome player. It's not gonna matter because the Chiefs have the three most important things you can have, and everyone acknowledges two of them, and people might finally be accepting the third one of them is this, They have the best quarterback in football. I don't care what the numbers are yesterday, By the way, he played a perfect football game. I know that he threw a pass to Juju that should have been a touchdown and up an interception. Don't care. He played a perfect game against the Saints team that everyone wanted to pretend they thought was really good and now everyone's going to say is really bad, when in reality they're just mediocre. And Mahomes also that scramble for a first down on third and twelve or whatever it is, only he and Lamar Jackson get a first down on that play. He is obviously not the runner Lamar is, but his ability to on a design pass play on third or fourth down recognize, Oh wait, I'm not gonna have it, and I'm just gonna be faster than the guy chasing me. Is second none in the league. They have the best coach in football, which is how you can take Juju Smith Schuster who's not was not considered good enough to make the Patriots, and he has one hundred and thirty yards, Kareem Hunt, who is considered not good enough to make the Browns, and he has one hundred yards. They have all those things, and then they also have this the best damn defense in the l And if you have if you have the best coach, the best quarterback, and the best defense, you're gonna figure it out no matter the other injuries you have. And when I say the best defense, demons. The last time the Chiefs allowed thirty points in a football game was the Super Bowl against the Eagles. The last time the Chiefs allowed thirty points in a football game was the Super Bowl two years ago. So seventeen games last year, four playoff games five year. So they're on what's that twenty eight consecutive games without I'm sorry, seventeen plus four, twenty six consecutive consecutive games pardon me without allowing thirty points. They what they are able to do that the other teams opposing running backs, none of us.
Speaker 4: The Saints have been humming. They have Alvin Kamara and the Saints have been putting up numbers. I think they scored thirteen yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's and more so than that. Let me find the stat I'm so Chiefs. The Chiefs rush defense has been good, but it's actually been elite against opposing team's top back. So the rate in the Ravens game, it's like, oh, you gave up one hundred and eighty five yards rushing. Well, Lamar had won twenty two against the Ravens. Derrick Henry thirteen carries forty six yards. The next week against the Vikings. Against the Bengals, Zach Moss twelve carries thirty four yards. The next week against the Falcons, Bijon Robinson sixteen carries thirty one yards. The next week against the Chargers, JK. Dobbins, who had been killing folks, fourteen carries thirty two yards, and last night against the Saints, Alvin Kamara eleven carries twenty six yards. All these guys are under three yards of carry, and those are against everyone else this year some of the best running backs in football. So they have that and Mahome's just gonna figure it out and they're getting Xavier a little more worked into it. And as you saw so you saw yesterday was all right, Travis, give us a little bit more because we're dealing with the injury and because we have a bye next week. And Travis, by the way, was you could see he was feeling it. Guy's thirty five, but he can still do it. That's the point I was making when I was like, he has six to ten awesome games left, and all the Swifties got so mad at me. It was such a weird thing I got. People got really mad at me because they thought I was hating on Travis. I'm just being realistic about what it takes out of his body to get hit that many times to do all those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah for a second.
Speaker 2: For real. But now they're five and zero and everyone and the other thing is this, like everyone else is just e They are the only undefeated team left in the AFC, and there's only one other team that hasn't lost twice, and that's Houston. So they are at the huge Whre's Houston play this week, Well, Houston plays the Patriots, so they're not going to get a lost this week.
Speaker 3: Are you saying, are you excluding the Vikings there?
Speaker 2: I said the a f C, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah you.
Speaker 2: And by the way, in the NFC, there's only one undefeated and one in the whole league. Let me do it this way. In the whole league, four teams, I'm sorry, five teams, because the Lions had a buy five teams have fewer than two losses, the undefeated Vikings and Chiefs, and then the four win Commanders and Texans and the three and one Lions, who are not taking anything away in the Lions, but they just they're the one team of that group that that's had the bye. And the rest of the way that this is the other part of it. The Chiefs already played their tough part of their schedule. They played sorry, there was a fly in here, so they got after the bye, they have at the Niners. And then other than that, they play two games all year against teams we think are supposed to be really good at the Bills and home for the Texans. Their other games are the following Raiders, Buccaneers, Little Tricky Broncos, Panthers, Raiders, Chargers, Browns, Steelers, Broncos. I mean, they're gonna be the one seed. They're going to win a minimum of fourteen games. You're gonna have to come through Arrowhead to beat them, and you're not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: So watch out for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to sure. Yeah, I probably lose that game. Yeah, probably lose. Yeah the Bills. The Bills love beating the Chiefs in in the regular season. I would if I if they're gonna go fourteen and three, I would say the most likely losses are at the Bills, one of the Broncos games, because that Broncos defense is unbelievable, I give them credit, and a stupid one. I don't know what the stupid one will be, but a stupid one like against the Browns with uh Jameis Winston as the starting quarterback or something like, you know what I mean. So I think they probably lose at the Bills, one divisional game, which would I think probably be one of the Broncos games, and a dumb one. They're not I tell you this much right now, They're not losing to the Niners. The way the Niners are looking, and the Chiefs are coming off of bye, that shit ain't happening. And so get to six and zero and see what's what. And by the way, one of the sneak eat good value. It wasn't really good value, but a bet that had more value than it should have because it was the Chiefs. Because the Chiefs opening schedule was so tough, the Chiefs to be the last remaining undefeated team got it very live because the next game for the Vikings is uh, the next game for the Vikings is against the Lions, so they could they could get clipped. Now the Chiefs are playing the Niners, and I know people are still trying to convince themselves the Niners are an excellent team. Maybe they will beat the end of the year. They ain't right now. Uh, but yeah, I mean, I just and you want to know something, Hilario, that'll who do you think demons right now is the favorite to win NFL MVP.
Speaker 3: Five the end of the year. Is it weird? I think it's Mahomes but it's not, or is it Jayden? No?
Speaker 2: So it When I said it's a weird one, I mean because he hasn't.
Speaker 3: Played crazy numbers, right, it's.
Speaker 2: Mahomes by a lot. Mahomes is plus three point thirty second place. Tied for second place is Lamar at six to one, alongside Josh Allen, who just played one of the worst football games anyone's ever played. So that you know, Lamar's the only one of those three that's played to an MVP standard. But it's projection on what they're going to do. And then Stroud is four and Jayden is five, and so listen, I know people are sick of the Chiefs. I'd be sick of them too, but their top two wide receivers are out, they're starting running back is out, and Homes up until this week, had had a weird tendency just throw a ball to the other team every game. I know he had to pick this week, but that was not a bad pass. Uh. And they're five and all despite facing the league's either the league's toughest or what's what the other crazy thing is? Then go ahead. The two toughest schedules up to this point in the season have been played by the Chiefs and the Vikings, and they're the two undefeated teams. Like that's you know what I mean, that's a that's a really unique spot that those two teams have been in. They're undefeated despite the schedule, not because of the schedule. Looked like you wanted to say something before we move on.
Speaker 4: Uh No, I mean yes, Bugsy and I Bugsy and I in the chest says, can't spell Nick without Casey.
Speaker 3: We got his back.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that Bugsy shout.
Speaker 4: Out to I won't say anything about Rashie Rice because we already know what's next.
Speaker 3: You're saying that's not a factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, listen, I don't. I think Rashi's a great play, but I just don't think that. I just think they're gonna find a way, and I think that they're going to get Xavier more and more involved, and then we'll see. All right, let's move on to Texans Bills.
Speaker 4: So you've you've been adamant that the Chiefs, Ravens and Bills are the top teams in the AFC. But Buffalo just had a very embarrassing showing. So were you Nick right too high on Buffalo?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Maybe now they just there's just a lot of things they got to tighten up. They they oddly, on the other hand, really do need their number one receiver, Khalil Shakir. He seems to be the only guy that Josh Allen really is on the same page as and listen, Alan throwing the ball thirty times and completing nine passes has literally never happened in NFL history before. So he was brutal in this game. But my biggest concern for the Bills one of them will. I have two overarching concerns about the Bills. One is, when they play top flight offenses, is their defensive personnel going to be able to keep up and Houston when Nico Collins was in the game, ate them up. Then Nico went out and that now is a sneaky massive injury because they called him day to day and then they changed it to week to week. It's a hamstring and hamstrings are tricky and CJ and that passing offense immediately throttled down once Nico Collins, who had been up to this point, you know, a top three receiver in football this year, once he went out. So that part of it worries me. The other thing that worries me is, of course Sean McDermott in big spots, and you know it's been discussed at this point ad nauseum, but their approach at the end of that football game was and now if you want to say we have to pick up a first down, so be it. But you also have to have the context of this. I know they're not claiming this, but I watched that football game. Man, the guy you asked to drop back and pass three times and he kept chucking it deep. I'm pretty sure fifteen minutes prior was knocked unconscious on the field. I watched that hit Josh Allen took. I watched him lay prone on the field. I watched them give him smelling salts like I And for the the NFL as a league, I think it has done a good job with concussion protocol in that spot. I thought that was a total failure for them to let him just run back on the field and then for the Bills to call deep bombs for a quarterback who had been having a brutal day and I thought just got knocked unconscious. So maybe I was a touch too high on Buffalo. But here's the thing. They are going to win that division easily, and then you've got an excellent quarterback in a home playoff game, you know, as at worse the four seed. So I think because the I mean, the Jets just fired their coach. So I don't think they're in great shape. And the Dolphins don't know if their quarterback's coming back, and the Patriots are the worst team in football.
Speaker 4: So even though that, even though with that division looking like that and with the game that they just had, do you think that there's any pressure on them to go and get DeVante Adams? So?
Speaker 2: I think they. I think that's the number one team that should go get Devonte Adams.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I think that would fix a lot of what ails them for this year. Now, you do that if you think you can really contend this year, because he's gone after this year and you're trading a dry so it's a risky decision. But if you think you can really contend this year, then then you go do that. All right, Let's talk Ravens a bit here quickly before we move.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Baltimore, Yeah, they won in that shootout against the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Lamar has been playing excellently.
Speaker 4: Are the Texans on the same level as Baltimore and Kansas City or is it really just a top two in the AFC?
Speaker 2: I got here's what the Texans have going for him, and then I want to talk Baltimore. Uh, CJ has just been finding ways at the end of these games, like even just after the Bills screwed up the clock, just the smart little over the middle getting field goal range. I have not been overly impressed by the Texans as a whole, but CJ's been so outstanding, and they're four and one, so I would put them I listen. I don't think it is a top two, to be very clear, the Chiefs are head and shoulders better than everyone in the conference. But I think Baltimore and Houston might be on that next level by themselves without Buffalo, which kind of seems fair because Buffalo just played Baltimore and Houston got rolled by Baltimore and lost to Houston. Now on Baltimore, that wasn'tn a plus. Lamar Jackson game a plus. No notes, no, like the nothing negative to say about it. It does strike me that when the Ravens are playing another great quarterback that Todd Mounkin calls a more pass heavy game, and in this game, you know Lamar was up to it. In Week one against the Chiefs Navis Championship he wasn't. But like it's a you know, they have been ground and pound run Derrick Henry run Derrick Henry playing Joe Burrow, and Derrick Henry has one carry in the third and fourth quarter. But it didn't matter because Lamar was so damn brilliant, and I also thought he would say I'm making excuses. I don't think you need to make excuses for five touchdown early four in th yard game. Joe Burrow was equally brilliant. I actually thought both of their games were their Their games were so similar. They both played essentially perfect football, and they both made one massive mistake that could have cost their team the game. Joe threw the pick that if he doesn't throw, I think the Bengals win. Lamar fumbled the snap that Because of that, I thought the Bengals were going to win. But then they screwed up the the hold on the field goal and the coach got crazy conservative. Yeah, so he missed it, but he.
Speaker 4: Missed talking about like the yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, the guy holding the field goal. But here's the other thing though about the Ravens and Bengals. The Bengals defense is worse, but both of those look like top bottom five passing defenses. That's the So if you're a Lamar fan, this game should have made you feel better. But if you're a Raven fan, you gotta be a little nervous because that defense is just getting cooked by quarterbacks with regularity.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Demantsey, But if it's the Chiefs that we got to get to, you know, they'll just have Travis Kelce, won't have the burden of Jamar Chase. No, that's I think the Bengals defense is probably one of the most most I don't know, potent offenses in the league right now. I don't know who's better than the one offense, So I think they know, like if they can come out with the win there and come out sorry.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, but the the you're probably gonna if you're Baltimore, you're gonna have to win a couple of playoff games to get to the Chiefs. And if one of you mentioned Cincinnati, I don't think Cincinnati dead yet, but they're on life support. What about Houston with that passing attack if it's fully healthy, you know what I mean? You mentioned Buffalo if they were to get Devonte Adams. I just think Baltimore's back end right now is in disarray. Now, Cincinnati's everything on defense is in disarray. And I said it on TV. I'll say it again. It reminds me a lot of some Saints teams where Drew Brees is gonna throw for five thousand yards, have an amazing quarterback rating, They're gonna be a top five offense, and they go seven to nine because the defense just can't get it together. And I mean, listen, I know Cincinnati is sick, and this is it. Cincinnati right now feels like, Okay, in Week one, we are walking into the end zone to beat the Patriots and fumble the ball. Okay, that one's unfortunate. Week two, we have the Chiefs in fourth and sixteen to win the game and we pass interfere In Week three, we have Jadeen Daniels is we have him in what the play to mcclaury. Now, they were trailing in that game, so maybe they would have lost that one anyway. In fact, take that one out, but it would they probably do. Feel like, man, if we just get home on Daniels there, Burrow gets the ball to go take to win the game. And in Week five, we have the ball in overtime with one of the best kickers in the league and we screw up the snaphol and he doesn't have a shot. So I mean they are legitimately, despite how bad the defense is three plays away from instead of being one and four, four and one. But such is life, man like. And I know people want me to be more critical of Burrow. I can't be. He leads the league in passer rating, he leads the league in passing touchdowns, and when Chase and Higgins are out there, man, that is a terrifying offense, flatly, but that defense is gonna keep everyone else in games. And so yeah, I mean that was but it's just the margins in the league. We're dumb about Baltimore being the clear second best team in football in the AFC. If they don't screw up that snap and the guy makes the kick, both teams are two and three and the Bengals have the tiebreaker instead they do, Baltimore is in first place, and the Bengals right now would have the second pick of the draft. If the draft started today, the Bengals would have the second pick. Like, it's just the the the margins are so thin, All right, quick break, come back, What's right? All right? Welcome back? In What's Right with Nick Right, Episode two sixty nine in This episode of What's Right when Nick Grid has brought to you by Huggies skin Essentials. New parents are changing diapers all the time. While my kids are well past diper age, I still remember what it was like, and you guys know it's not always pleasant, and it's made harder with surprises like diaper rash, which can be uncomfortable for kids and stressful for parents. However, babies rejoice. New Huggies skin Essentials are here, a brand new dermatologist approved line of diapers, wipes, and pull ups training pants, all designed with baby sensitive skin in mind. The skin Essentials diapers feature the skin Protect liner and help protect against the top two car causes of rash by managing moisture and running mess. The wipes are thick and have zero harsh ingredients for a great, gentle clean pull up. Skin Essentials has got your big kid covered too, with a training pant that's ultra soft and breathe bull out protects it sensitive skin throughout body training. Learn more at Huggies dot com. Once again, head to Huggies dot com to learn more. All right demand, Before we get to right or wrong, let's do a little Cowboys and then we'll move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the Cowboys got to win on Sunday Night football, but barely. You know, the Steelers defense is really good. But Dak Prescott's the highest paid player in the league right now, and he had three turnovers. Even in the victory, the Cowboys fraud watch gain even more momentum.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think so at all. Listen. I thought the Cowboys moved the ball up and down the field, and those dac three turnovers are a killer. But against that defense moving the ball is you know, really impressed and you know, right, I mean, you can kind of phrase it a different way. The Dallas Cowboys are on the road against a Mike Tomlin team on National TV, got to deal with a ninety minute lightning delay. Their quarterback has three turnovers, they have a field goal blocked. They are without Micah Parsons DeMarcus Lawrence. They lose another defensive end probably for the season this one. During the game, they have a couple offensive lineman hurt, and they still won the game. That is Listen, it was ugly, but that's a great win. And that fourth down pass by Dak can be a pivotal turning point of a season if just think about it. If they they have fourth and goal down four less than a minute left, less than thirty seconds left. If it's incomplete, the Cowboys fall to two and three and dak is crushed all week for the turnovers. Instead, they complete the pass, they win the game, and they now feel like, all right, got the Lions and then a bye. Worst case scenario, we go into the buy three and three and get our guys back healthy. Best case scenario is all of a sudden, we're four and two and looking like the clear class of the division, depending what Washington does. So I listen. I don't think Dallas is a great team, but the first three weeks of the year they couldn't stop the run at all. The last two weeks they've been excellent stopping the run. They're dealing. They got hit by the injury bug early, which can be brutal, but if you can sustain, then hopefully you're healthier late. And that's just a great win for them, because if they lose that game, DA's underfire the whole Dax CD thing. And by the way, I call me, I know people were doing lip reading on CD Lamb. I don't think Cede Lamb is the type of guy to just be saying because when everyone's like, oh, he was saying sub par, throw sub par, you think ceedee lamb in the middle of a football game is just out there dropping subpar Like I'm not.
Speaker 3: Now, no, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not listen. He's always struck. No, I've heard him do interviews. He strikes me as sharp guy. But that's just such a you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, weird thing is subpar subpar?
Speaker 2: Like what are we talking about how the file at was cooked? Like are we talking to so I just don't think that is what he said. I Charles Robinson said. I think it was Charles Robinson that said the other thing that if you you know, if you think he is saying this, you'll see it was jump balls. What what he think what he thought he was saying was jump balls for jump balls for being dak And I'm like, oh, that makes way more sense. He's saying, just throw me jump balls, you know what I mean, trust me that all take care of it. That to me is way more believable than subparts, right.
Speaker 4: Subpar is almost like unserious, like he doesn't even really care.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yeah, I mean, it's just and so hard.
Speaker 2: But the point, right, the point that I'm making is they had they lost or Dak in City, Okay, you know what's up with Dak Jerry does an insane interview. Instead they win, and now maybe you you know, if you lose to Detroit, that stuff's probably coming anyway, but maybe you beat Detroit.
Speaker 3: So like the they played him last year and.
Speaker 2: So they were I picked to win the NFCS before the year. But if you remember, I put a little sprinkling on Washington like sixteen to one, and everyone laughed at me. They're like, oh, you're hedging, and I was like, no, what this is. It's not a hedge. It's fading Philly. It's the belief that the Giants and shout of the Giants good win for them, are not viable and Philly is wildly overrated. I think Washington is actually oddly in a similar boat to Cincinnati, except their four and one since as one and four, which is their offense has been awesome, but their defense can get cooked any week. So here's my thing on Washington real quick. I know everyone is giving Jaden Rookie of the Year already, that's fine, but Washington plays Baltimore this week, Demonse, I imagine you think Baltimore is gonna win that game. Vegas thinks they're gonna win that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, Caleb goes to London to play the Jags. They're favored now winning. Beating the Jags in london's hard. But let's just say if that happens, both teams will be four and two, And then they play each other, Caleb against Jaden. And the point I'm making is narratives can flip real quick, where if all of a sudden, Caleb is on a four game winning streak having beaten Jaden, and and also here, and Jaden's on a two game losing streak. And the other thing is this Jaden has played better than Caleb this year is obvious and not you know, debatable. When they play each other, Caleb will be going up against one of the worst defenses in the league and Jaden will be going up against one of the best defenses in the league. That's you know, that's not that shouldn't really impact how you view either player, but it will impact their stat lines. And so a lot of these narratives can get flipped around a bit. But uh, but so I think right now, my pick for the nfcas would be the Cowboys. In fact, you know what, let's just do this real quick before we get to right or wrong. I just want to look at the divisional odds right now. So the Bills big favorites in the AFC East minus two thirty, with the Jets at plus three fifty and the Dolphins six to one. AFC South Houston massive favorite minus four to twenty. Second place is Indy at eight and a half to one, and then Jacks at thirteen to one along with the Titans AFC North. A little disrespectful to Pittsburgh, but I get it. Baltimore minus two thirty, Pittsburgh four to one, Sincy six to one, and in the ultimate indictment of Deshaun Watson, Cleveland thirty two to one to win the division. I mean, everyone in the division has at least two losses, and they're like, you got no chance. Kansas City to win. The AFC West minus nine hundred with Denver sixteen to one in the chart eighteen to one. All right, NFC East, Wow, Cowboys third place odds Philly plus one thirty, Washington two to one, Cowboys two point six to one. I that I just really think that is Philly benefited from not playing this week and people forgetting how bad they've looked. NFC South Atlanta minus one ten, Tampa plus two to twenty New Orleans plus three forty, NFC North Vikings minus one oh five, Detroit plus one seventy Green Bay plus five fifty Chicago fourteen to one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then NFC West the Niners minus one fifteen, Seattle plus two to twenty Arizona plus four fifteen the Rams fifteen to one. All those make sense. But yeah, I still like the Cowboys to win the division. All right, let's do right or wrong quickly?
Speaker 3: Right or wrong?
Speaker 4: We got Minnesota remains undefeated after a w London, but Donald started to show some cracks there. But this team is five and zero with convincing wins over San Francisco, the Jet Screen Bay in Houston.
Speaker 3: Right or wrong the Vikings. The Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Wrong, I mean that's obviously wrong. Just Sam Donald can't win. This can't win a Super Bowl. I mean they listen, he and the pumpkin mode. Who's coming. I love the coach, love Justin Jefferson, love what Flora is doing with the defense. Sam Donald is not winning three consecutive playoff games, even give them the bye. He's not winning three straight playoff games. So that's wrong. Next, I know everybody, there's a new thing. There's a new thing that is kind of become in vogue with some people that do what I do for a living, which is I think saying things they don't actually believe because they want they want to seem almost like a more nuanced sports talk person, or they just want internet applause, which is like if no one will say how great the Vikings are, all say a great the Vikings are, and I'm just here to tell you, like, I think we all are very impressed by what they've done, but we all also know Sam Donald's still their quarterback, and like, sorry, so you can't win the super Bowl. You can do a lot of cool things, you can't win a super Bowl. And gosh darn it, he'll not appreciate that comment. Oh no, he wouldn't. Well, so here's the thing Colin actually is not is almost exempt from the critique I just did of sports media because he truly believes Sam Donald. Like no, no, no, he does. He thinks Sam Donald is awesome. But I think there are a lot of people that think Sam Donald is not awesome but still think the Vikings can win a Super Bowl, And I just don't see how that's the case, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Deshaun Watson's play on the field.
Speaker 4: Unrecognizable from a few years ago. Everyone is calling for Jamis Winston's to start. Head coach Kevin Stefanski refuses to have been the starter DeShawn.
Speaker 3: Right or wrong, Jamis would fix Cleveland, Well.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't hurt. Deshaun's been the worst quarterback in football. And I don't think Stefanski's allowed to bench him is the problem. Like, I don't blame I got it. I don't blame Stefanski for not benching Deshaun. I don't think the owner will let him. I think it's that simple. And here's what I think is on the board. Because Deshaun is owed ninety two million in salary the next two years and then also eighty million additional against the cap because they've pushed so much down the road, I think that it is on the board that after this year, Cleveland their escape hatch is finding a team with a lot of cap space and trading Toshawn along with their own first round pick to a team just so that team can then cut it. So what I'm describing there is the Cleveland Browns call up the Carolina Panthers, say, your team's terrible and you have a ton of cap space. You're rebuilding again if you will take Deshaun Watson off our books. So instead of having if we were to cut him one hundred and seventy two million dollar dead money hit, which is unsustainable, it's only an eighty million dollar dead money.
Speaker 3: Hit for us.
Speaker 2: We will give you the fourth pick of the draft, you get to Shawn and the fourth pick of the draft for a conditional seventh rounder, you know, for nothing. And if you're that team, you're paying a ton of money, you know, ninety two million dollars of your cap to then trade for Deshaun and then instantly cut him. That would be unprecedented. That happened once with the Texans and the Browns and Brock Osweiler, but it was way less money. But that's the only escape patch there. There are no other ones all right.
Speaker 4: Next uh, despite the big win, Bo Nicks and Sean Payton got heated on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought was.
Speaker 4: Crazy, Peyton said, his quarterback needs to remove the Ferris Bueller from his game. Nick said he was screaming. Nick said he was screaming, I love you right or wrong. Nix and Peyton have problems.
Speaker 3: Who's Ferris Bueller?
Speaker 2: No, I think listen, I think that they're you know, Sean Payton's just fiery, and Bo Nicks is you know, he feels like in NFL veterans. He played six years of college football, so he's not acting like a rookie. I mean, listen, I think the problems that they're gonna have is and Bo played better this weekend, is that Sean Payton is gonna expect bow Knicks to be someone other than Bo Nicks, Like he's just not gonna be a good NFL quarterback. But I don't think the yelling on the side line is a big deal. Uh.
Speaker 4: Next, the Cardinals were the only NFC West team to win this week and have a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way. Green Bay also got back on track. Even if my guy Jordan Love threw a wild pig six.
Speaker 2: There, wild pick six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was yeah, it was like what do you That was almost like what Will Levis did right or wrong? In the winner of Arizona at green Bay makes the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't think so. Uh the but I don't know. I you know what, I should have taken this question out because I haven't done and I gotta really like put pencil to paper on what I think the playoff teams right now are gonna be. But I think it's gonna I think, yeah, I don't know. I I punt on this question that it's so congested in the NFC that that's a hard one to answer. I don't think Arizona's defense is good enough. But green Bay also has not looked great. And now that looked like kind of as advertised. But maybe Jordan Love is getting back, you know, healthier.
Speaker 4: You should have sat for an extra week. Maybe all right, next, this is not satire. Your Jags gotta win. Now they head to London where trevor Or Trevor gets his superpowers, and your self imposed band is almost lifted.
Speaker 3: Right or wrong, the Jags are about to go on a run.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'd love to believe in them. Here's the thing, here's what I will say. Now. I think the Bears are gonna win. But rookie quarterback going overseas shaky head coach. The Jags are super used to the overseas thing. That's a spot that Jags could win. And then they get the Patriots. So I mean, if they beat the Bears, they're going to be three and four because the Patriots are just impossibly bad. So on the board, on the board, the JAG's going to run. Hey, I'm not dismissing the possibility. Um, but my ban on not betting them was a good one. Like the not betting leaving them out of all my preseason stuff and all of it. That was a good one, all right, answer a few listener questions real quick. Next, what's right? Hey? Welcome back in What's Driving the Right episode two sixty nine, And my friends at Brooks sent me the new Glysser and Max. These shoes are new and the first of their kind for Brooks. Let me tell you they're amazing, so comfortable, they're stylish, leave my legs feeling fresh after a long run. These shoes feature DNA tuned, which integrates two types of nitrogen infuse cushioning into one. Seamlessly tuned mid soul plus a glide roll rocker helps make each step feel effortless. Elevate your running journey as you land with maximum softness and spring forward with ultimate ease with the new Glycerin Max. I love feeling like I can run forever in these shoes. You guys know, I'm trying to train for either a duathlon or triathlon. I haven't decided on the swimming part yet, but either way, you're gonna be a bunch of running I've been doing them in my new Glycerin Max shoes. Head over to brookserunning dot com to learn more. All right, demanse. Before we get to the listener questions, the producers point out that you asked the question, who's Ferris Bueller? My response to that would be that movie came out thirty eight years ago, like a guy, like, it is totally reasonable that you would not be familiar with it. That movie came out when I was two years old, So like, there is a weird thing with guys. Now. Sean Paynon's older than this, but guy around my age that have not. So Sean Payton doesn't fall into it. But I will talk about me and like people my age and the producer's age, like people in their mid to late thirties to early forties. A lot of us haven't come to terms with the fact that we are old, and because of that, we think that things from our childhood were not that long ago. But they were. Again, Fairs Bueller's Day Off is not a contemporary reference to anyone born in the last thirty years. Again, I was born forty years ago and I was two years old when it came out. For some context, let me the the So this would be like if when we were to the producers, if when we were teenagers and someone's like, oh, reminds me of Stella and on the Waterfront, and we're like huh, and they're like, oh, you don't remember that Marlon Brando classic. It's like, no, man, it came out in nineteen fifty four. But again that the gap between our teenage years and On the Waterfront is the same gap between bow Nix or Demanse and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. So that is I think they were trying to roast you a bit, pal, but I have your back here. It's not your lack of pop culture awareness. It's the fact that we're old and shit that happened in the eighties. People were like, oh, I mean pretty and pink in the breakfast club. Like again, that is such a long time ago, guys. I know it makes it sad for us, but that's a really, really really long time ago. It's forty years. It's when it was like who's that? Yeah, I mean sixteen candles. Like, guys, again, it's forty years. It's been forty years. All right, next months.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I should so every producer, so there's still time time.
Speaker 2: Let me let me just say something else real quick. I just want to say something else. The co star of Ferris Bueller's Day Off was the oldest brother of four in succession and all of the siblings were well into their adulthood, and his storyline was, oh, he was the first kid from a previous marriage. He was a teenager in Farris Bueller's day Off. He was the like mid sixties year old brother that's running for president in the show that came out now. He was on Spin City, which I'm sure a lot of folks are like, oh, I remember that Michael J. Fox project thirty years ago. These are not new things, all right, Go ahead, now to the next thing.
Speaker 4: Star Wars, Yeah, they're not liking it. Starbars two three as question for Nick teams that play Detroit have been blown out the next week pretty much, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Is it just a coincidence or a team's just not used to their physicality.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's a thing because that happened with the Niners a year ago. There's sometimes teams that play such a physical style of football that they beat you twice. They beat you when they play you, and then they beat you for the next game. And I think Detroit is that style of team.
Speaker 4: Next, as g says, Nick wants the Bears inevitably collapse, can I send you a cheesehead?
Speaker 3: You know hashtag go Patco.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I don't think the Bears are gonna collapse. I don't dislike the Packers. I'm just skeptical of them. You can send me. I won't wear a cheese head. I'm just I'm just telling you. I mean, it's a very nice, nice idea, But I don't wear silly things.
Speaker 3: You wore those big ats. We used to used to have those big ats.
Speaker 2: No, No, they did send us the big hats, and there was there was a moment that was in the zeitgeist and I wore it very briefly. But I but no, I'm not gonna wear cheese heads. I'm not gonna there's I just I'm not in there. If I were Jet fan, not gonna wear a fireman's helmet. Like, I'm just not doing that stuff.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Next, Danny Tanner asks what is the dream team of offensive skill players made up of current and former Chiefs players.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, it's very very easy. Jamal Charles is your running back. You have two tight ends Travis Kelce and Tony Gonzalez pretty good, and then your wide receivers are obviously Tyreek Kill and then who are the other wide receivers? So it's very obvious up to that point. Who's I mean, I mean, if we're getting Peak one year Andre Risen is pretty good with the Chiefs alongside Tyreek. I like that. I'm trying to yeah, but that's good. Two tight ends, two wide Yeah, peak Andre Rising. Because I'm not going back to the sixties, not going to the team that won the Super Bowl four. But I'll go in my lifetime Tony and Travis, Jamal Charles, Tyreek and Peak one year Andre Risen.
Speaker 3: That's my answer.
Speaker 2: Uh, Oh, Dwayne Bow Peak one year Dwayne Bow when he had like eighteen touchdowns. Now, I'd take Andre Risen, all right. Next, Hunter Scott, which Calmes Priest? I mean? I love Jamal Yeah, Jamal over priests Holmes, but that one's close, all right.
Speaker 4: Next Hunter Scott, which team in the entire league do you think has the best chance of defeating the Chiefs?
Speaker 3: It would have to be Detroit or Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Correct, No, it's Cincinnati, but they're just not gonna have a chance. It is Cincinnati. I mean Cincinnati just that puts pressure on you offensively so much, and their defense, which stinks for some reason. The one guy they play well against is Patrick. So it's like it's oddly Cincinnati, but Cincinnati might be cooked.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Last one only asks a question for Nick at the end, what do you think are the best? Who do you think are the five best and five worst run organizations in the NFL?
Speaker 2: All right, so the five best, in no order are Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay, Kansas City. And I want to see whenever stuff like this comes up, I just glances the standings just so I have a list of all the team. No, the Saints are terribly run, that's ridiculous, and probably Philadelphia is really well run. The San Francisco or Philadelphia would be the the fringe ones. The worst run obviously.
Speaker 4: What that's I said Saints because I was the run organization. I thought we were talking about like their running game. We're just talking about like the way that they're ran.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny. Oh and the teams I was in. Yeah, but then when I said Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, You're like, okay, yeah, no, no, no, yes, not the best running games, So that's really funny. The worst one, obviously is Carolina, Carolina and the Jets. And I would the Saints because I think that they are Their refusal to take their medicine on the cap stuff just puts them in this perpetual mediocrity. Cincinnati would be four and a sneaky contender. I mean I Tennessee or Jacksonville are on there, The Raiders are on there, but a sneaky contender has late for how they've been run the last five years. Oh did I not say Cleveland? Oh Cleveland? Never mind, Then none of these teams are contenders anyway, Cleveland has to be on there. Yeah, oh yeah, Cleveland for sure. I was gonna say the Patriots for how they've been Cleveland's a disaster. Uh so, yeah, that's it. That's the answer. That has nothing to do with their running game as much as it has to do with ownership in the front office. But we can answer that question next week. The best five running teams of the five running Team, demon's a great job. Keep crushing. By the way, Rambling Show Thursday. That's all of a sudden, we're gonna see those YouTube numbers pop. Demanse giving out back to back teaser winners. I hit a four and one week. Demansey's got winning the picks pool at FS one right now, So we're out here giving out winners hopefully on Thursday, we talk about the Royals being up to one in the Alds on the Yankees. Talk to you guys then, what's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand, get to Mona another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,