Speaker 1: A farewell tour, not for Taylor, potentially for Travis Kelsey, but Patrick Mahomes says, yeah, I'm not so sure about that. We'll hear from Mahomes on his long time tight end coming up here in just a couple of minutes. Trey Harris, the Chargers rookie wide receiver, will join us shortly. He is off to a fantastic start by all reports coming out of Los Angeles, so he will join us to talk about that start to his NFL career.
Speaker 2: We'll make them carry our pads, our known pads, because we're reporting.
Speaker 1: Never mind, Michael Florio will be with us as well to talk about the fantasy outlook in the NFC North where Sam Darnold no longer plays.
Speaker 2: But the guy on the other side of these.
Speaker 1: Pastes does welcome inside with the insiders. Judy Batista joining me, Mike Garafalo here on a Thursday and Ota Thursday.
Speaker 2: We love OTA's.
Speaker 1: They continue to go on around the league, bringing us all kinds of news and insight. The folks who are gonna be joining us to talk to them by to talk about them. By the way, Steve Weisch, Omar Ruiz along in just a matter of seconds, Mark Ross as well, and I mentioned Michael Florio and Trey Harris, so it's stay tuned for their insights later. But for now we go to Patrick Mahomes and his insights because the Chiefs were at OTA's trying to get back to that Super Bowl to win it this time after a disappointing loss.
Speaker 2: To the Eagles. It all starts in the spring.
Speaker 1: Even Patrick Mahomes understands that the question is will be this be the final football spring for Travis Kelce. Patrick Mahomes says, not so sure.
Speaker 3: About that, you know, I mean you would if it's the last ride, you would never know. I mean the way he's talking about football, the way he's talking about working and trying to be even better this year than he was last year. I mean he's he's not done. Seem like a guy that it's his last Riley, he's tired of the job. I mean he's in there, he's working, and I know his body feels good. I think it feels better than even last year before going into last season, just because I think he's motivated to go out there and have it even better year than he had this last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heir Steve Weisch and Omar Rouiz Natalie dressed as his duty and I'm slumming it once again, but Mark Ros's gonna match me. Stay tuned for that. That's coming up in just a couple of minutes. Steve, want to start with you Travis Kelcey. You did spend time with him recently. What is your thoughts on what mahomes is saying and what we might see from Kelsey this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 5: When I saw Travis was right after the conversation came up, and I believe he started as saying, you know, he lost twenty five pounds so he can be in better shape. I was like, twenty five pounds. He's like, yeah, you know that's bs, that's twenty five pounds because he'd be weighing about two twenty if he did he did that. He plays around two forty five, two fifty. But remember his numbers, his receptions numbers were high, he had ninety seven, but his yardage totals were low, and his postseason numbers including targets were low. So he really did seem dialed in in my conversation with him about having a really good season. You know, he seems really committed to come out playing well, get this whole offense rolling well. Because it wasn't just him whose numbers were down in some areas. Patrick Mahomes's numbers were down in total yards. So the Chiefs, their offense, they're wide receivers. Everything needs to get better to open him up. And again he seems committed at least going into twenty twenty five to having one of his better seasons. We'll see if it happens, because a lot of other things have to work, but at least for what he can control, he does seem like he's.
Speaker 4: On it, but just not twenty five pounds less of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Steve's saying. Andy Reid saying that Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones, all the guys that he's leaned on over the years, and no surprise that Travis Kelce has been working the way he has, according to Patrick Mahomes, setting the standard that they have for the Kansas City Chiefs this year, trying to get to their sixth Super Bowl in seven seasons. They're starting out in Brazil, They're playing on Thanksgiving, they're playing on Christmas, so many different irregular schedules. Andy Reid saying, these guys are instilling the tempo with which they practice, and Patrick Mahomes saying, yes, he's not quite thirty yet, but this is his ninth season. He's learning to get with these young players, trying to get to know them as people before he mentors them on the field, pushes them on the field, and that goes to the same for those veterans who are new how they practice, because when they get into the season, they're playing on a Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Or a Thursday or a Friday, as.
Speaker 6: We've seen them over the years. Sometimes Andy Reid pushes them physically in practice, sometimes he pulls back, but mentally sharp is what always is the focus, and they're learning that here in OTAs. Then we'll take that into training camp and into the rest of the season as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: Guys, none of this matters if that offensive line does not get settled and there are a lot of moving parts. There is a job competition at guard. But most importantly what came out of the early OTAs was Andy Reid saying that Josh Simmons, the rookie slated to be the left tackle, might be a little bit further along than they had expected at this point in his recovery from the knee injury that he suffered in college.
Speaker 9: He has not done any teamwork yet.
Speaker 8: Andy said, you know, we just got to get him in there against a defense. But there is some hope that maybe at the end of phase three of the off season that they'll be able to get him in there at teamwork. That is the most important thing that can come out of this offseason for this offensive line to gel. It stimied them against the Eagles in the Super Bowl last year, it cost them a previous Super Bowl against the Bucks.
Speaker 9: It has hampered them.
Speaker 8: It has hampered the offense and what Andy and Patrick can do in it. That has to get settled or nothing else matters for the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jay La Moore also received a ton of money to come over from the San Francisco forty nine ers fifteen million dollars per season. As Joe Tooney was the tackle the last time we saw the Chiefs on the field, not made to play that position now in Chicago as a guard. So the Kansas City Chiefs looking to fortify that offensive line as well as the tight end position, with Travis Kelsey to be clear, only one tight end, making it clear that this is likely his last season. That's Mercedes Lewis. That's later in the program. Stay tuned for that. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the AFC West, the Chargers year two under Jim Harball looking to take that next step forward. Joe Hortiz, the general manager, has been trying to fortify that roster, including at the receiver position, and we mentioned Trey Harris will be with us in just a couple of minutes. Why you want to kick it back to you, Let's talk defense. Let's talk Derwin James and the secondary, the leader back there for the Chargers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mike the ode Omar and I were both out there at their oga's. We got to speak to defensive back coach Steve Klinkscales and he was talking about Derwin James. We know about the versatility of Derwin James. He's he going him play strong safety, free safety, some even outside linebacker stuff. But what was interesting with Clinkscales pointed out is that doesn't just show Derwin James versatility, but it forces all of the other defensive backs in that secondary to learn new positions, which is allowing Jesse mentioned the defensive cour coordinator to do things different schematically, so you know, we could say, hey, guys have to learn positions just cross training in case a player gets hurt. But in the Niner scheme, what this does, Omar is it allows a different player, a safety, to learn a corner spot or a slot spot, so they can scheme up a lot of different things in different situations. They think they're going to be even more creative this year in year two of the system, especially with Darren James coming off a bounce back year last year the way he did.
Speaker 6: And they said, they're not relearning that defense. They are picking it up from where they left us in that playoff loss to the Houston Texans, and they are going they are going against every day and practice that receiving corp that we were talking about. We saw that clip on social media, justin Herbert to Brendan Rice, one of those players that was flashing when we were out there at practice. Receeed and in general these receivers, there aren't many drop balls when you watch a practice. I think last year we would agree there were a lot of balls on the ground that when they were going on air. And this is a revamped receiver room. Obviously, Mike Williams is back in tow they drafted Trey Harris in the second round of speaking with general manager Joe Hortiz about him, who not only they're high on his his skill set, his impressive size on the field. He's six two to two oh five but gets in and out of his brakes, receives the ball well with his hands.
Speaker 7: But he has a.
Speaker 6: Presence, Hortez told me when he walks into a room when they're meeting with him at the combine, just a real confidence about his style. Then you have Vladi McConkey. Of course, that's back Quinton Johnson was out making plays and it seems like they're.
Speaker 7: All elevating each other.
Speaker 6: And speaking of that elevation, we've seen from one year to the next that Chargers roster really made in the mold that Jim Harbaugh wants to have. They are big, they are physical, they are imposing, and it really stands out when you see them out at practice.
Speaker 4: You really see what Horties and Harball have done.
Speaker 5: This is a massive physical team now in terms of just stature, even the quarterback room where justin Herbert, everybody else in the room is about the.
Speaker 4: Same size as him.
Speaker 5: When you've Takento account free Agencigny dj Ungalele.
Speaker 4: Who's about Lances out there? Big Dewy Lance. So they're big all the way across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the on need those offensive linemen to come first off the bus. You can send the quarterback quarterback receivers just't fine.
Speaker 6: That's the thing we're coming to. Mike Bradley Boseman. The starting centers about six five three.
Speaker 7: P forty looks small next.
Speaker 2: To Maki Beckson.
Speaker 7: That's just how big those guys are all across the board. Yeah.
Speaker 1: McKay Beckton getting ten million dollars per season to head out there to the Chargers and hopefully if you're the Chargers, he can continue on the success that he finally finally got with the Eagles this past season. Omar and Weis, don't go anywhere, yeah, Air George George Pickens the newest addition to the Cowboys receiving.
Speaker 2: Room with a one handed catch.
Speaker 1: See like you got the slow motion from every team's social account, how about the no motion. That is a great look right there from the Cowboys social account of that one headed pick catch by George Pickens. Bryan shott Hier, the new coach down there in Dallas, New head coach, happy with what he sees so far.
Speaker 10: I think number one, he's doing an incredible job picking up the system. I talked about his intentionality last week. I believe just how hard he's working. But there was a play and it really wasn't anything George did, but we're in the red zone and we're in kind of a spread formation. We hit him for a touchdown. Joe did on a little a bender, like a little skinny post down the low red zone and CD was on the other side. And when ced broke out and he looked back to see where the ball went, and he saw George and the end zone kind of dragged his toes on. CD was like, yes, So I think his excitement for knowing that we've added some pieces which will add to the competition. It was cool to see a guy like CD be excited. And those two guys relationship is awesome. I'm sure you guys have probably done stories on it, but they're spending a lot of time together. I think it's great for CD to have someone like George, not that George is a young player, but someone that GP really looks up to. They obviously have trained some together, but that relationship is really cool and I'm enjoying kind of just sitting back and watching it develop.
Speaker 1: You know, it's badly needed when a number one wide receiver is happy that another receiver got the ball.
Speaker 2: That is the case with Ceedee Lamb, Mark.
Speaker 1: Ross joining us now for our front office perspective on matters here we're talking wide receivers. I think you and I thought maybe we were going to be talking about Jalen Waddle if you pick up when I'm putting down with the shirts, but Judy going to you on the Cowboys wide receiver room with George Pickens added to it, like we talked about a much needed number two and call you number two.
Speaker 2: George, I'm just saying number two to ce D Lambs number one.
Speaker 8: Well, you can understand why ce D Lamb is saying, you know, hallelujah finally, because we've been talking about this for a few years that they needed a strong wide receiver. As you said, it's not really number two, it's more sort of like one A on one B right now to take some of the defensive focus off CD Lamb and another target for Dak Prescott. And don't forget for George Pickett's look, he wore out his welcome in Pittsburgh quite obviously, but he has the potential to be a dynamic playmaker. We did see that in Spurts last year. This is by far the best quarterbacking situation that George Pickens is going to be. And when he was in Pittsburgh he had the the Mitch Trubisky years last year. Obviously they had a quarterback shuffle there. He's had some tough Kenny Pickett was his quarterback there, so.
Speaker 9: He has not had elite, elite.
Speaker 8: Level quarterbacking like he is going to have with Dak And he also hasn't had a number one receiver next to him the caliber of Ceeddee lamp So the Cowboys not only have the potential to finally give ce d Lamb some help, but they finally have a chance to unlock everything that George Pickens can be. He's obviously tremendously talented physically. It didn't work out in Pittsburgh for a variety of reasons, but he certainly now has players around him that should give George Pickens the best chance to finally be the full George Pickens.
Speaker 11: And I think Judy the biggest thing about the relationship with Ceedee Lamb, is that mentor effect that he will have on the field and off the field. You talk about the flashes of brilliance, and I think when George Pickens sees how Ceedee Lamb prepares and how he goes about the game day of how he's always consistent.
Speaker 7: You know Ceedee Lamb, you know you can count on him. So George Pickens.
Speaker 11: Needs to look at how Ceedee Lamb handles his business in practice and on game day to say, oh, I need to have that consistency like CD does.
Speaker 7: But also you talked about him wearing out as welcome. Well, Ceede Lamb.
Speaker 11: Can have an effect on George Pickens also off the field in the locker room to say, Okay, this is how we show up to meet he's got time, this is how we prepare in the film room, this is how we do things the right way if you want to be an elite receiver and unlock all of your potentials.
Speaker 7: So it's an effect that Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 11: Can the Cowboys hope be positive on and off the field.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: And and you look at what the Cowboys have done this offseason selectively aggressive, that was this offseason right? Selectively they were selectively aggressive when it came to George Pickens mark. Have they been selectively aggressive enough to compete with the Eagles and the Commanders in the nfcast.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I still don't see that. Look, the Eagle is probably the best team in the league with the most.
Speaker 7: Talent in the league.
Speaker 11: The Commanders I think got tremendously better with getting Laramie Tumpsel and Deebo Sanduel and Air not even naming all the solid freeze and signings. And for Dallas, you're really just talking about the George Pickens trade that they got better Tyler Booker drafting him in the first round. But I still think there's a ton of question marks with this Cowboys team.
Speaker 7: Number one, with Dak Prescott.
Speaker 11: And his help to his ability to win big games, to win playoff game, breathe, the running back situation. We're talking about the receivers, but look at that running back room.
Speaker 7: There are a lot of question marks there.
Speaker 11: And then I think when you go to the defensive side of the ball, I think there's a ton of question marks there as well. So definitely best team in the league. Commander's knocking on the door. There's too many question marks in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yep, we'll see, Mark, We'll see how it plays out. I know a lot of folks are underestimating Brian Schottenheimer. Underestimate him at your peril. I know he wasn't a hot head coaching candidate, at least not in the last fifteen years. He was years ago. But I think he's more prepared to be a head coach now. And we'll see how it goes down there in Dallas. By the way, Mark, Happy anniversary to you.
Speaker 2: How many years now with you and your lovely bride now twenty.
Speaker 11: Oh whoa, whoa look, thank you, thank me, you appreciate Oh Man, that's a good looking people right now.
Speaker 7: It's twenty some points twenty years. Man, I can't believe him. Man, you got it all here. This is perfect, You got it. Thank you. You don't miss the tick. Man.
Speaker 1: Is your account set to private? Because we blow right through those firewalls here on the inside.
Speaker 7: Should have to wait.
Speaker 1: We have a way of getting to the information. Hey, listen, Happy anniversary to you twenty years.
Speaker 2: At least twenty we're going for like sixty more.
Speaker 7: Mark.
Speaker 2: I think you guys are going to make it.
Speaker 7: You too, love it.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, it was just about Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know a year ago where we were saying, boy, the Chargers really have no real depth at wide receiver. And it's changed in a hurry, thanks in part to this guy, Mississippi wide receiver Trey Harris, the fifty fifth overall pick joining the Los Angeles Chargers and now joining the Insiders. Trey Harris with us right now. I gotta tell you, as far as first impressions go, and we're seeing this from Afar, Judy Batista and I are a lot of glowing reports. Early seems like you've hit the ground running there. Do you feel like that's the case. I know you got a long way to go, I get it. But what's led to this early success with you in OTAs?
Speaker 12: I definitely say just taking each day with what comes with it.
Speaker 13: To be honest with you, one thing that coach coach Harbo has harped on and one of the first things he told the htiography class was knockingham call when and that's what's important now and the way I took it is, you know, just go out there, take each day with what comes with it, Learn your place for the next day, learn what you got to do with assignments come with it, and that's all I've been doing, and I feel like that's what contributes to my success so far.
Speaker 8: Specifically, the early reports out of Okas are that you and Justin Herbert already had some good early chemistry going. What are your early impressions of him?
Speaker 13: Man, he's he lives up to the height that everybody's talking about, and you.
Speaker 12: Know he's he's a true professional. And you know every three he makes just right on around the point.
Speaker 13: And you know, you can't really complain about anything he does because he does everything the right way.
Speaker 12: And I'm super excited about play with a quarterback like that.
Speaker 1: You know, you in college played for Lane Kiffin, who seems like an interesting fun fella from.
Speaker 2: Time to time.
Speaker 1: And Jim Harball now in the NFL, he's got some interesting personalities from the head.
Speaker 2: How do these two stack up?
Speaker 1: And what's your initial impressions of Jim Harball as head coach to the Chargers.
Speaker 13: Well, my initial impressions are, there's nothing but good, to be honest with you. You know, everything that coach Harball preaches, you know, he lives by everything he teaches us.
Speaker 12: He's very involved in everything that we do.
Speaker 13: And that's something that I'm really enjoying, to be honest with you. You know, Kiffen and Coach Harbald are definitely two different personalities.
Speaker 12: For sure. Kevin, you can be.
Speaker 13: A little bit more laid back, but no Coach Harball, He's not afraid to, you know, get up in your face and tell you how he feels.
Speaker 12: And you're also not afraid, you know, let you know how he feels about any situation.
Speaker 13: So that's one thing I really do appreciate coming from him.
Speaker 8: You know, Trey Mike mentioned it a few moments ago that wide receiver has been an area of concern for this team and it was perceived as the biggest need going into this offseason. Give us the scouting report on you. What is the team getting. What are fans going to see you bring to that offense.
Speaker 13: Well, you're gonna get a guy who who's able to win verse. Man, that's one of the best things. I feel like, that's one of my best attributes. You get a guy's able to know go there contested catches and you know, make those big, those over the top catches as well.
Speaker 12: Just an e supposed receiver always making catches and plays down the field.
Speaker 13: So I feel like that's something you would get from me in every game I'm able to play in Gray.
Speaker 1: Take me back, because you're talking about your size speed combination. We saw that in all the scouting reports leading up to the draft. A lot of times around the draft, you know, the likes of us will say, well, this guy's going to be a second round pick, and then he's not taking the like the third or the fourth round because we project like sixty guys to go in the second round. You actually beat a lot of the projections that I saw. I mean, take me through a draft day and the fact that you get that call from at fifty five from the Chargers and what they told you about what you could do for them right away.
Speaker 13: It was, you know going through that draft day, man, it was it was ecstatic to me. I was so ecstatic, you know, just being able to hear mister Orts call my name and you know, give me that phone call and here from missus Spanos, you know that I'm coming to Charter.
Speaker 12: It was something that I'm always remembering, something that was amazing. Beyones with y'all.
Speaker 13: Couldn't even keep a smile from off my face. But I can't wait till, you know, really make my market in the league.
Speaker 8: All right, Trey, you are converted quarterback back in your high school days.
Speaker 9: You played with Melik Neighbors.
Speaker 2: In high school.
Speaker 8: You played with Jackson Dart in college. Mike and I both live in the New York area. This is a big topic of conversation here. How is Melik Neighbors going to like playing with Jackson Dart.
Speaker 13: One thing I can tell about those two is that they're actually very similar in their competitiveness, you know, both of them.
Speaker 12: They're both going at whoever it is in front of them.
Speaker 13: That's something I've picked up from both of them that, you know, that's one thing. They're fierce, fierce competitors and they don't want anybody to be better than them. I feel like that's going to just compliment each other really really well. And they're also extremely hard workers, you know, each both of these guys, both of them, they go out there and they put in the work doesn't need it, and they put an extra And that's something I'm super excited to see. You know, we do get to play them, so I can't wait. I can't wait for the opportunity as well.
Speaker 1: You know, backing up because Judy said, you're averted a wide receiver, excuse me, quarterback to wide receiver. A lot of times we'll see those guys throw some passes. In five college seasons, only one attempted pass. Were there more that we're dialed up or not dialed up? I guess we're in the game plan not called. And could we see that in the NFL?
Speaker 13: I don't know if we go see the NFL, I don't believe that because we're roaming and but in college we had some dialed up.
Speaker 12: But for the most part, I was just trying to go out there and ball.
Speaker 13: You know, I wasn't too worried about getting other people touched out trying to get my own behest with You're just trying to find a way to, you know, expose the defense.
Speaker 12: So wasn't too much to go into that conversation.
Speaker 8: All right, Now that you are about to embark on your rookie season, what's one thing you really want to do as a rookie?
Speaker 9: One thing you want to buy, one thing you want to.
Speaker 4: See O.
Speaker 12: Great. One thing I want to see for share.
Speaker 13: I want to go to the Lakers game that you know here, I haven't never at an NBA game, So that's something I'm definitely want to do that or go to a UFC event.
Speaker 12: Those two of my top two things right now. I'm not go lot.
Speaker 2: Never been to an NBA game.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to get you to one soon, to get a chance to see Lakers or Clippers out there in the in the markets, one or the other.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So Chargers Giants Week four, September twenty eighth, so you get to reunite with both of those teammates Jackson Dart and Malik Neighbors that we talked about.
Speaker 2: But you know, a rookie, don't get ahead of yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, Friday September fifth, Chargers Chiefs.
Speaker 2: That game in Brazil.
Speaker 1: So looking forward to seeing that one and looking forward to seeing what you do in your first NFL season. Trey Harris, good luck, man, appreciate you joining the Insiders.
Speaker 12: Thank job. I having really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: It's going to be seeing plenty of him catching passes from Justin Herbert. Got to see plenty of Matthew Stafford throwing the football for the Rams, the other LA team after he returned this offseason after flirting with some other team. Shot McVay happy, to have Stafford back, and we are happy to have our guys oh Ma, Ruiz and Steve Weish talking Rams.
Speaker 7: After this.
Speaker 8: Welcome back to the Insiders. The Los Angeles Rams made one of the most interesting moves of the off season, signing DeVante Adams to pair with Pukakua, giving Matthew Stafford a very nice set of weapons. Stafford talked about Adams during OTA's Yesterday.
Speaker 14: I was texting with him, you know, late last week a little bit and just saying, hey, man, you're a great player because of your skill set, and I'm going to continue to you know, work and watch and whether that's watching live after I throw and then go back and rewatch and make sure what I was seeing and feeling at that moment was real. Then we just talked about it too. Right after every single set. It feels like we're over there talking about, hey, this is kind of how I'm thinking I'm going to come out of this or feel that, and it's just constant dialogue. And honestly, you know, those are the best relationships I've had with receivers and the most success that I've had is the guys that you know want to talk to you on you know what they felt what they were doing, and I can also say, hey, this would have looked like from my angel and go from there. But he's definitely a he has that feeling as that understanding, and that's it's a huge positive.
Speaker 8: All if that sounds good, Omar and Steve, thanks for joining me. Omar, I want to start with you because you were at that practice. We are all going to be paying an awful lot of attention to the Stafford Adams relationship and dynamic.
Speaker 9: How was it looking to you?
Speaker 7: Early? Well, looked great.
Speaker 6: Avante Adams even in his you know, double digit season now in the NFL just still looks as impressive as ever, that seventeen getting up in the air making those impressive catches. But when you think about Matthew Stafford's first year with Cooper Cup, it was historically great, the Triple Crown, the Super Bowl MVP, and then his first year with Puka Nakua historically great, all time receiving record as a rookie, all time receiving yards record as a rookie, and then has the playoff performance, the rookie record against the Lions. So I'm thinking, Okay, what does he.
Speaker 7: Have in store?
Speaker 6: How will he in his first season with Devonte Adams make a mark? And I asked Sean McVay what's been the most impressive thing to him and how he gets this chemistry with his receivers. About Matthew Stafford, he said, it's his ability to connect, his ability to communicate like most quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Have, but it's also his ability to.
Speaker 6: Listen with intention and that really endears him to his teammates that he is there to be a collaborator with those receivers. That not only does Matthew Stafford have the confidence and obviously the experience the skins on the wall to say, hey, this is how I like to see it, but also the humility to listen to his receivers and be able to implement that into the game plan.
Speaker 7: So that's one.
Speaker 6: And then Matthew Stafford also told me that it is motivating for him to want to work with a guy like Davonte Adams and have him have great success this season because that'll mean it'll be team success. And then lastly, I asked offensive coordinator Mike Lafleur about it and he said, when they get into the game, teams, Matthew Stafford still has that old school mentality where it's not so much about the play, it's not so much about the defense.
Speaker 4: He'll still go to his guy where the matchup is. And obviously, with.
Speaker 6: Poka Nakua across the way from Devonte Adams, you know Matthew Stafford is gonna like Devonte Adams matchup over those dvs a lot this season.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what's Pooka a coup in the seventeen highlights, Davante Adams is gonna be wearing seventeen, Puka's gonna be wearing twelve, and Davante's gonna be receiver one beat. We could talk all the Devonte Adams as we want. He's one of my favorite players. The guy's had five consecutive one thousand yard seasons. But Pooka Nakupa is still the guy for the Los Angeles Rams. I am so interested to see how they work off of one another from game to game.
Speaker 4: You know, Pooka is the.
Speaker 5: Great run after the Cats guy, incredibly powerful. Davonte Adams is a shaking and get open guy and score touchdowns guy.
Speaker 4: So from game to game how they feed off of each other.
Speaker 5: This is going to be a tough out for teams. Let's not forget their first round draft pick was a tight end. Tight End has not been a huge component of the Rams offense. It could be this year because the attention to the two guys going out wide.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Terrence Ferguson in there and Tyler Higbee coming back as well, right, and it's could play a much larger role.
Speaker 8: All right up the road in San Francisco. They were also on the field for ots after what was obviously a very disappointing twenty twenty four season. Kyle Shanahan, the coach, talked to reporters about why there is heightened energy at OTA's and he said it basically went back to the final team meeting at the end of the twenty twenty four season, and he said last year, the guys were not ready to come back to OTAs and he understood that. Not so understanding this year he wanted them back at OTA's. Steve, I guess the big question that's going to hang over this team is how do they bounce back from what was such an atypical season for them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think what Kyle was saying is they were burnt out right from going to the Super Bowl for the past couple of years and having just a short turnaround time. Now they've had a significant turnaround time.
Speaker 4: Everybody should be re energized.
Speaker 5: Look organizationally, they got the big contracts done Kittle, Fred Warner, brock Purty.
Speaker 4: So they got those guys in camp.
Speaker 5: So now the bounce back because they've had some roster turnover to me is going to be intriguing because he announced that Ricky Piersoll, who could be their lead wide receiver, that is the second year player. He's going to be out until training camp now with a hamstring. And you know, we know that they got rid of Deebo Samuel Brandon Ayuka's out with an ACL So it's up to Jwan Jennings to really come out and it show some stuff for brock Purty and that wide receiver group. They've still got some injuries to come off of in the secondary. Mustafa he's coming off of a knee injury. Jai ear forgetting get Brown ankle surgery. He's gonna be out though training camp. So they've got some injuries to young players they've got to get through. But again getting some of those young are those veteran players back and having more lead time coming in they are a little bit reduced.
Speaker 6: It was interesting that Kyle said that though today. For as much as they denied the Super Bowl hangover last year, it was an admission essentially that they did have that.
Speaker 7: And obviously that.
Speaker 6: Super Bowl run was the culmination of three straight conference championship game. So they're playing deep into the season. But I don't think we can underscore enough what a big loss. Christian McCaffrey was the ultimate chess piece in that Kyle Shanahan offense. Obviously out most of the season. Trent Williams wasn't there. He's been around here during the off season program. But today Kyle Shanahan saying that Kyle Christian McCaffrey is as healthy as he has ever been. They might have to dial him back a little bit to take take care of him, protect him from himself. But getting Christian McCaffrey back, more than anything else, could be the impact that for their twenty twenty five season going forward, for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 8: A site for sore eyes, not just for San Francisco fans, for the entire league.
Speaker 9: Guys, thank you very much, what.
Speaker 2: More of the NFL?
Speaker 1: Get more of the NFL with NFL Plus. Stay connected throughout the off season with twenty four to seven football news and coverage on NFL Network and with NFL Plus Premium. Relive your favorite moments from the twenty twenty four season with gay replays and access to NFL player stats with NFL Pro. Subscribe today at plus dot NFL dot com.
Speaker 2: Terms and conditions.
Speaker 1: Applies described NFL Plus, and you'll probably get even more of Michael at Florio, who used to have some awesome graphics that we use for like a day and then they disappeared.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen them since we're gonna have to bring those back.
Speaker 1: Today, we are giving the fantasy outlook for the NFC North. We're starting with the Chicago Bears Ben Johnson. That should help the fantasy outlook for the Bears, right Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think the Bears getting Ben Johnson was the biggest move of the offseason, especially for fantasy. He runs a run heavy system. Every year in Detroit they were top three in rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 4: He throws a lot of passes to the.
Speaker 15: Running backs, which is why I think Deandres with is very underrated. He goes as an RB three but brings top fifteen, maybe even higher.
Speaker 2: Upside.
Speaker 15: Caleb Williams is also the biggest winner of this offseason because he gets Johnson, he gets a revamped O lined, and he is surrounded by first round picks, something Trubisky and Fields never had with the Bears. Him finishing somewhere in the QB six to ten range for fantasy is very possible.
Speaker 4: And then I won all.
Speaker 15: The pass catchers here as well, Love within more doomsday all of them. And then from the Bears to their biggest rival, the Green Bay Packers, Matt Lafour's offense have never ranked higher than fifteenth in pass attempts during his tenure with the Packers. It's why I don't love Jordan Love for fantasy. I think he's more of a TB two with Cats upside. Josh Jacobs, though, is going to eat here because he last year scored a career high sixteen touchdowns, second most touches and yards in his career.
Speaker 7: Very safe second round pick.
Speaker 15: And even though this offense scores points, they don't throw a ton, and they don't they have an abundance of wide receivers, so we don't know on a week to week basis who is going to be the guy there. So I don't like any of their wide receivers as anything more than a wide receiver for or a flex option for fantasy, and Tucker Craft more of a low and tight end one and a Barry Cravin system.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, noted? Now the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Look, you got a great offensive system, you got a team in a dome, You've got a tremendous skill position players there. You gotta change a quarterback, so it's a bit of a leap of faith. How do we handle this whole.
Speaker 2: Thing with the Vikings?
Speaker 15: Well, you mentioned Koc I think he is such an underrated play caller. His offenses have finished top six in passing yards and touchdowns every year he's.
Speaker 7: Been with the Vikings.
Speaker 15: It doesn't matter Kirk cousin, Sam Donald, the passionate Nick Mullens. This offense continues to produce. Which is why I think JJ McCarthy is a sleeper in fantasy, because no one expected Sam Donald to finish as the ninth best fantasy QB last year. And JJ McCarty he might even just be a waiver wire name when drafts start. And look, it doesn't matter who is throwing.
Speaker 2: The ball to.
Speaker 7: Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 15: He is top fourteen hundred yards every healthy.
Speaker 7: Season he has had.
Speaker 15: It's why he is the consensus number two wide receiver off the board. Addison is a quality wide receiver, but my favorite pass catcher there outside of Jefferson is Hawkinson.
Speaker 7: And then to the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 15: This might sound crazy, but they bring the most questions of any offense in this division because they lost Ben Johnson to the Bears, their past game.
Speaker 7: Coordinator went to the Jets.
Speaker 15: Now they have Brian Morton, who spent the last two years with the Broncos but has only been in OC once.
Speaker 2: And you still have to pay full price.
Speaker 15: For all of your Lions, right, Jamir gives a first round pick.
Speaker 7: I don't mind that.
Speaker 15: Aman Rose Brown same, I don't mind it, but I'd rather have Kopa and Nakua or Malik neighbors over in the intend to go later. Jamison Williams as a wide receiver to Laporta is a high end tight end. So you are paying full price for your Lions despite the change in play caller, which gives me a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Pause, changes in coaches, changes at the quarterback position in the NFC, NORF is a fascinating division to watch when it comes for when it comes to fantasy purposes.
Speaker 2: That's why Michael F. Florio has got you.
Speaker 1: On lock right now and throughout the entire offseason leading up to start of the regular season. Fired up to hear more from Florio here on The Insiders. Fired up to finally hear from Mark Andrews after this disappointing drop. You know how much this gutted him. He didn't talk to the media. Andrews finally spoke on Thursday. We'll have that for you on The Insiders.
Speaker 7: Next.
Speaker 1: Ota is continuing with Derrick Henry and the Ravens down there at Owings.
Speaker 2: Mills at the Castle.
Speaker 1: A disappointing and to the season for the Ravens in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: This past year.
Speaker 1: Mark Andrews had that key dropped. We know how integral he's been to the Ravens.
Speaker 2: He continues to be. There's a question whether or not he'd be back. He is back, and he spoke for the first time since that drop in the play.
Speaker 16: It's tough, you know, it's you know, as somebody, this is this is my this is my life. I put a lot of work into this, and you know, everything I do is kind of focused on everything I think about is focused on that, and so you know, it wasn't the way that you know I'd planned it, and U you know, but that's all part of the story. I've been using it and I've had an incredible off season and I'm excited to just to show what i can continue to do and continue to prove myself and step up in big moments. And yeah, so that's the thing about sports is doesn't always fall your way, doesn't always go your way, but it's how you bounce back.
Speaker 1: Mark Andrews and actually Isaiah likely what the Ravens are gonna do, They've got to extend one of them. That's one of the off season priorities in the AFC. Here are a bunch of other ones. Our guy Kevin Patra has a story on this on NFL dot com. But yeah, you look to see what the Bills are gonna do with James Cook right there. Colt's gotta finals as a quarterback, Chip Kelly, Yeah, I gotta establish it. Gonna be fascinating to see his return to the NFL. And yeah, we talked about the Chiefs in their need to fix things on the offensive line. Judy Batista back with me, and Steve Weisch as well.
Speaker 2: For the priorities in the AFC North.
Speaker 1: Let's start with those Ravens that we just talked about with Mark Andrews.
Speaker 7: Steve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, I'm gonna to defensive side of the ball, and to me is getting rookie safety Malachi Starks, who signed his deal today, getting him up to speed right away. Because remember our Darius Washington right after the draft, who is their starting strong safety.
Speaker 4: Last year, he hurt his achilles tendon.
Speaker 5: So they're gonna have to get Malachai Starks in and ready to rock and roll. And the Ravens ask their defensive backs to do an awful lot, especially with the way they move Kyle Hamilton around. But let's also go to getting pressure on the quarterback. We know they've got some good pass rushers a Dafe Oway, Kyle van Oway, they just drafted Mike Green out of Marshall. But I've got a player they could add if we're talking about priorities, and he said today he wants to keep playing. Thirty six year old Von Miller would be an excellent closer for the Ravens. And they're outside linebacker coach and pass rush specialist Chuck Smith. He has been the lead coach at Miller's pass rushing summit the offseason, something he does for all the pass rushers around the NFL for about the past six or seven years. I think Smith and von Miller finishing up their careers together, at least Miller's career together Baltimo would be a nice ad.
Speaker 1: Ravens haven't been shy about bringing in veterans at key positions late in their career. That would make sense, that would fit with that profile. Malachi Starks, by the way, his deal done. Sixteen point five million dollars plus on that deal, So congrats to him for inching his rookie deal.
Speaker 7: Judy.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now, I'm sure there's a long list of things that the Steelers still need to do. Take anything on that whole list, Judy, for the Steelers in their priority.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm going to take the low hanging fruit. It's the most obvious thing. They've got to straighten out the quarterback situation. It is May twenty ninth, and the presumed starter for the Pittsburgh.
Speaker 9: Steelers is not on the roster yet.
Speaker 8: It's that guy Aaron Rodgers now still also signs point to him becoming e Pittsburgh Steeler. I'm told he continues to ask all the right questions about practice schedules, all those kinds of things. The only thing that hasn't happened is him saying I am on my way to Pittsburgh to join the team.
Speaker 9: So they are waiting for that.
Speaker 8: Obviously, if that falls through, they have to pivot and decide do they try to make a trade for Kirk Cousins or do they go forward with Mason Rudolph and rookie Will Howard and bigger picture. Even if Aaron Rodgers is the quarterback of this season, which is certainly what they hope for, they have to try to get a read on Will Howard whether he could be the quarterback of the future, because otherwise they don't have a quarterback of the future either, and they're going forward with a.
Speaker 9: Forty one year old quarterback.
Speaker 8: They are in a world of hurt with the quarterback situation until they get this figured out in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Well, Judy, speaking to quarterbacks, let's go to Cleveland.
Speaker 5: And we know that they're trying to figure out if it's going to be Joe Flacco is going to be Kenny Pickett, Dylan Gabriel, Shadu or Sanders.
Speaker 4: But I'm not going with the low hanging fruit.
Speaker 5: I'm going to the position group that they've got to throw the ball to. We know Jerry Judy really he just had a breakout year last year catching balls from Jameis Winston. He looked like one of the best young wide receivers in the NFL last year with some uncertainty of that position. But after we get to Judy, what is there Cedric Tillman. He had twenty nine catches last year from the wide receiver spot. Now he missed some games with a concussion, But they don't really have a ton of other depth right there.
Speaker 4: They've got Jamari Thrash right now. They're hoping he can emerge.
Speaker 5: But other than Judy and David Nijoku a a tight end those quarterbacks. Whoever starts, they're going to be searching for guys to get the.
Speaker 7: Ball to Judy.
Speaker 1: The Bengals two big check marks on their list when they got t Higgins and Jamar Chase's deals done, But still more work to do for them.
Speaker 2: What's the priority?
Speaker 8: They got to figure out a way to not have such slow starts.
Speaker 9: In the Zach Taylor head coaching era.
Speaker 8: They are four thirteen and one in the first three weeks of the season. They keep digging themselves holes that even as great as that offense is, as great as Joe Burrow is, they can't keep digging themselves out of these holes. One of the things to do is not have any distractions off the field. They got Jamar Chase done, They got t Higgins done. They need to get Trey hen duck Sen done. They need to get Timore Stewart into camp. His rookie deal is not done. They need to clear the decks so that they can focus on winning games right out of the gate. By the way, Jamar Chase said this week he wants to play in the preseason, and Zach Taylor appears to be open to finally playing his starters in preseason games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you pay that guy that much money and he's a star player for you, and he says that, yeah, you probably should listen to him.
Speaker 2: Judy Wish, thank you.
Speaker 1: You're back with us for the final block of the show. Here just a couple of seconds. The wait is over, by the way, and the countdown to kick offf has begun. Single game tickets for the twenty five NFL season are on sale now. Visit NFL dot com slash tickets to purchase tickets today. Tickets are available through the NFL ticket network, including Ticketmaster, Seat Geek, and Sports Illustrated Tickets.
Speaker 2: I said tickets again.
Speaker 17: My name is Darius Moreso, linebacker for the New York Giants. I am samor And and Philipino desandle I go on Moans represented more than just myself. I carry that last name with pride. So my mom was always in the pitching. There's me and then I have five brothers, so a total of six boys. And I don't know if you ever saw a small somewhere, and we're all big. We all got appetites, and so we was eating enough for two normal people. And so my mom would always cook up, you know, just the right amount as far as food. We eat rice with everything with all our croating and all the bridge. But another big protein back home and boy is spam. And so I have my girlfriend cook up a bunch of spam movesubs for me.
Speaker 12: That's staateboard fishing boy.
Speaker 17: That we have spam on a bed of rice wrapped in mody or seeding and that's like I handheld a snack everywherever we go where I come from, it's.
Speaker 12: Very hard for us to make it out.
Speaker 17: Into the mainland, especially in professional sports there.
Speaker 12: I am no thing all.
Speaker 17: The way in New York would have known, you know, little Darius, would we all we all here? I'm just great for one best to be in this opportunity to be all here, flaming the sport that.
Speaker 2: Alge great stuff, Darius listen.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and six, the Jaguars drafted Marcedes Lewis in the first round.
Speaker 2: Maurice Jones drew in the second round.
Speaker 1: Lewis forty one, told our friend, hey, Adams and up and Adams, he wants to play one more season.
Speaker 2: Maurice Jones drew.
Speaker 1: Our guy had a great career. He's been retired for eleven years. Where culture deduced Jones drews his son's NFL career. That we are to Maurice's judy, but that means we.
Speaker 8: Get Maurice Jones drew, and that's what I am happy about.
Speaker 9: Congratulations to Marcedes.
Speaker 1: Lewis, though Mercedes high in my Marcedes back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Nat