Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at these stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hebgar with Stephen Cawen. We're joined by Bloomberg reporter Louise Moon. Louise, should we start with Aramco and the latest moves given what's happening in the Middle East?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So there's been energy as a whole is or has been, and is today, you know, the key focus. There's been a step up in efforts to kind of calm the energy markets after of course a hugely volatile few days. So the IEA, the International Energy Agency, is there's a report that's proposing to release the largest ever emergency reserves that it would exceed you know, the amount they released after Russia and by Ukraine for example, and they're expected to decide on that today. That plus you know, comments by Trump earlier this week suggesting that the US might be close to achieving their military goals. It's kind of easing this surge of energy prices that we have been seeing, so it's a bit of a mixed bag today. Aramco, as you mentioned, is higher shell, very slightly higher BP, very slightly in the red, Varlet Energy and also in Oslo also slightly in the red. So there's a lot of mixed messages, a lot of uncertainty still and those kind of major energy stocks almost wavering as they await that. But ultimately there's there seems to be at the moment a lot more calm after a few days of hugely volatile and major moves in those stocks.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's the position with energy stocks.
Speaker 1: Another sector though, that has been very much affected by the Iran war has been airlines.
Speaker 2: What's the latest this morning?
Speaker 1: Indeed, Yes, obviously as you say exposed, you know, fuel costs going up, jets displaced, they're flying different routes to longer routes, using more fuel. So shares have been hugely hit today. Again also a slightly mixed bag. There's that uncertainty that I mentioned. So you look at Ryanair slightly into the green whizz a slightly lower IAG are seeing losses a bit more contained today. There's been kind of separate news from them that they're adding flights to Asia and Africa. There's obviously more long haul demand as people want alternatives to Middle East carriers, so iag are putting on more flights from London to Singapore and Bangkok, so they're using that aircraft that they're not needing at the moment. In the Gulf region, Lufthansa is also doing the same, so from Germany to Singapore and other locations. And one of it, there was a good quote from an aviation analyst saying that this is understandable, you know, using of their resources. So that's kind of containing some of those losses stay and as I say, it's also part of that wider story of a bit of a wait and see. So a slight mixed bag for.
Speaker 3: Airlines, okay, and what about defense companies inarticular Ryan Mattal the latest there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rhyme Mattal falling as much as five point five percent today, So kind of an individual story there in a sense that this is after their twenty twenty six sales outlook fell short of estimates. They're predicting sales as high as fifteen point five billion euros, that is, gains of forty five percent on the year before. But it's still short of expectations, So it just shows how high the bar is from investors at the moment for defense contractors, but also particularly Rhyme Mettal. Obviously it's been a huge beneficiary of this uptic in defense spending that we've been seeing since Ukraine War in twenty twenty two. Rhyme Mettal in particularly, their shares have gained nearly one thousand, eight hundred percent since then. So Alyss is saying that, you know, disappointing results is disappointing guidance, especially as consensus had already dropped a bit in recent weeks, and that that narrative has really changed, so investors are really now focused on Ryemettal's execution and they're a bit to convert these orders into sales. And then they had a slight bit of commentary on the Iran War. They're saying that they see themselves as world positioned to replenish the US's stockpiles for Iran and that some of their air defense systems are already in use in the region. But all of that, despite that, you know, uptick in sales that fell short investments and shares a dragging on.
Speaker 2: That morning, the stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.