Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a Premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek Legend. Today. All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Aw from Braiden.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I actually got through to you.
Speaker 1: I am so excited to be talking to you. Braiden. What's going on? How's life, How's how's it hanging. Oh my guy, not.
Speaker 2: Much, not much. Uh got back with my girlfriend recently, trying to find a job. Uh, just trying to look like an idiot in front of eight hundred people.
Speaker 1: Why you're trying to look like what are you saying that you are afraid of looking like an idiot talking on this on this show.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I I've seen you a couple of good times, try to call in. So finally my turn to be in front of the eight hundreds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's weird. I always forget that anyone is like actually listening to these conversations, because, uh, I don't know. I I it's where I am in a room. I'm in a room alone right now. There are no people in this building that I am in. It's just so to you.
Speaker 2: It's just sitting here talking to a person. Forgetting that eight hundred others are watching.
Speaker 1: You're not You're not even a person. You're just a voice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I'm just a disembodied voice for you.
Speaker 1: What's your name again, Brian Braiden? Braiden, All right, well let me ask you a question. Is there anything in particular that you wanted to talk about tonight?
Speaker 2: You're not let's see, do I want to tell eight hundred people my world, biggest mistake I ever made.
Speaker 1: Your biggest mistake you ever made? Okay, I mean we can get into that if you desire.
Speaker 2: Wow shit, I mean yeah, better than real therapy.
Speaker 1: You're you're free, Well, yes, there's yeah, sure, I guess it's free.
Speaker 2: But okay, yeah no. Uh so I cheated on my girlfriend and she's back with me. I don't know how I got that lucky. Okay, yeah, No, made a big mistake. Went went to the movies to see Cocaine Bear and ended up making one of the biggest mistakes I ever made.
Speaker 1: How okay, how did you going to see Cocaine Bear involve you cheating on your girlfriend?
Speaker 2: So I went to the movies to see Cocaine Bear, and I ended up donating blood. Irrelevant, but I gave blood the first pass, went into the movies.
Speaker 1: Started watching Hold on what you know? Actually, don't you tell me the full start. I'll save my questions for the end.
Speaker 2: About second. It all leads up to itself. It all leads up to itself. So I'm going to the movies watching the movie. It's boring as all shit. Cannot get into the movie. It's just people's drama. I'm here for a bear on cocaine, tomall people. So I decided to get up, leave the movie. I'm you know, I'm done with it. So I go into the bathroom and an opportunity pops up. I don't know why, but I was excited and terrified, and I took the man up on the offer and he dropped his pants. I started giving him a blowjob, and then about halfway through it all kind of clicked into my head of oh God, what am I doing. I'm a fucking idiot, and then I promptly said I'm leaving and ran the hell out, sprinted home, got from my car, took a shower, kind of just felt pity, and then told her about month or two later, and then she broke up with me and then got back with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me get this straight. You donated you donated blood. Let's start there. You donated blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so here in Florida they have the big red busses that go around and you can go and donate blood.
Speaker 1: And does that have nothing to do with any of this or is that somehow related it?
Speaker 2: During the movie, it made me a lot more tired. So I was a lot less willing to stay during the movie because I was I just donated blood, and that it usually makes me a little tired, little less I care about staying, Like if it doesn't have my interest, I don't feel like staying and paying attention.
Speaker 1: So you donate. So you donated blood and then went by yourself to see Cocaine Bear, and you didn't like the movie, so you went you left early, and then you went to the bathroom of the movie theater where you met a man who proposition you sexually, and then you gave him a blowjob and then left the theater. That is what happens I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even finish it. I just ended up leaving halfway through.
Speaker 1: So you are you saying that about the movie or the blowjob or both both?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 1: Okay? So what time of was this a matinee or was this What time of day was this?
Speaker 2: So I donated blood in the afternoon, maybe three pm, and then decided to see the movie and went at four pm. So it had been an hour since I donated blood. Halfway through the movie, maybe thirty forty minutes in so about five pm, give or take it. Was starting the sunset.
Speaker 1: I have never heard a guy hate a movie so much that they actually hate it so much they would rather be sucking some guy's dig in the bathroom of the movie theater then watch the movie.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, you know, poor movie design. It just it makes you want to go suck.
Speaker 1: A dick, okay when you have a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, totally, totally.
Speaker 1: It's the movie's okay. So what tell me about your reaction to uh, tell me about tell me about when you told your girlfriend about this.
Speaker 2: So she just she broke up with me, left me because she felt the relationship was getting stagnant and we weren't doing anything anymore. We were, you know, going out. So she was like, hey, I don't want to be with you anymore because well we don't do anything. So this this is leading up to when I told her, Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, well so she was breaking Okay, so you suck the guys dick in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: And then so February I sucked the guy's dick February, and then about a month to two months pass and then we've been together her for about a year and a half. Now two months passed since I sucked the dick she says, hey, this is getting stagnant. We've been together for over a year and we barely do anything anymore. We just kind of, you know, sit around, just go to work, go back home. And then so she broke up with me, moved her stuff out about a little under a week later. I was like, you know, no, I'm going to get you back.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I came to her. I said, look, I'm not letting you leave me. I'm fighting to get you back. I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay with me. And I swing her around. She's like, okay, I'll stay with you. And you know, I right, Well, wood will work, this will change it. So I told her, I said, hey, I don't want there to be anything between us, any secrets or anything that could come back to bite me.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 2: Ass get this off my chest now and tell you. And I was like, you know, if I'm gonna be with you, I got to be honest. So I told her, and well, you know, the usual happened. She broke up with me immediately right there, in a second time.
Speaker 1: You should write this whole story on the letterbox of Cocaine Bear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, find it, Like, yeah, here's my personal testimony to how shitty the movie is.
Speaker 1: All Right, so she breaks up with you again, So she already was She already was unhappy with the relationship because she felt as though it was stagnant. And then you were like, no, babe, I'm gonna I'm gonna fight to make this interesting again and to make it so that you want to be with me. And then she was like okay, and then you're like, by the way, I sucked the guy's dick in the bathroom after giving blood because uh in the movie the movie Bear and then she left again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, to be fair, I said, I was trying to make the interesting other than relationship more interesting. It definitely got a lot more interesting from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, and uh, okay, so you know what, Yes, it definitely did make things interesting, but maybe not in the way that she.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not in the way she was hoping for at all.
Speaker 1: Okay. So uh, but but you got you got back with her recently, So what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So uh, I told her, Hey, I told you once, I'm I'm not letting you go. I put my foot down. I've made my choice on who I want to be with you. So that's what I'm going to do I'm gonna fight for you. I'm going to keep you. And she obviously was like, no, no, I don't want to be with you anymore. But she basically she tried to convince herself she didn't want to be with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know'll go ahead and finish, and I'll give I'll save my thoughts to the end. Go ahead and finish.
Speaker 2: So I let her know, Look, I love you, I want to spend my life with you, I want to have children. I want to be with you till the day I die. And it ends up working. It convinces her because I'm and I've I've been fully honest with her. I never lied to her about anything. The one thing I did that obviously was the worst thing, and I I.
Speaker 1: Just you said, just now, She you said, did you said? She convinced herself that she didn't want to try.
Speaker 2: She tried to convince herself what does that mean. She tried to go date, She tried to go date other people. She tried to keeep her mind off me, and she she very much wanted to tell herself she didn't love me, and then uh, she ended up not being able to. She ended up coming back to me and saying, look, I've tried, but I just I still love you. Let's make this work. We'll get this, you know, we'll we'll figure out, we'll make it work. We'll regain each other's trust. I'm you know, I'm working towards me making her be able to trust me again, trying to you know, I understand, I'm back to square one. I know, I got to work my way back up the ladder of trust and love. So that's yeah, that's where we're at right now. Is we're about two weeks in two getting back together and rebuilding each other's trust.
Speaker 1: And how long were you guys? Uh? Wait, separated? Fourth?
Speaker 2: So the first time was a week and then the second time was another week, give or take.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you guys are what you said four weeks into being together.
Speaker 2: Two weeks back, two weeks together, yeah, two weeks.
Speaker 1: Back together, two weeks back together. And yes, in the period where you were not together, she tried to date other guys and then came back to you and said no, I I yes, I despite.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: What I told her was just look, I know you don't you know, you don't like me right now, but at least give me a chance to show you my love. Let me start dating you. I'll compete with the other guys, you know, I'll work my way back up. I'll show you why you were in love with me in the first place. I'll help you, not help you rediscover, but try to like, how do I say it? Try to be like, hey, look, this is why I love you, this is why you fall in love with me. It's still there. Let's keep trying, all.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's been two weeks, and what's your what is your game plan is to following up on those promises? What have you been doing? What have you been doing to.
Speaker 2: One of the things we used to do when we first got together is nature trails and nature walks. We have gone on I want to say four or three nature walks since we've gotten back together. We've we have picked up matches gathering as a hobby together. I used to play it by myself. Now she's picked it up, so we have something we can do together. Let's see what else we have been going to. I think we went to the beach once together. We've been spending time with her family to try to, you know, do more stuff with him. What's some other things I'm trying to think. It's been a very hectic two weeks, as you know. First of the month hit print.
Speaker 1: A question by the way, yeah sure sure? How do I say this? Are you like okay? Clearly? So? Are you? Are you? Are you bisexual? Yes?
Speaker 2: I would say to an extent, I am. I don't want to say it scared me straight, but the experience I had definitely killed a lot of the one to try it kind of drove most of that out.
Speaker 1: Because I was going, well, because okay. The only reason I ask is because like I don't know if okay, because look, if you are suppressing design to have to make this work, that would feel that in my eyes, would seem like something that would not make this work for both of you guys.
Speaker 2: So that was something that I want to say I was doing in the beginning, uh is as I was, I wanted to explore that side more. I did want to try that, And then as I when I did, kind of it boiled over and I tried it, I realized what I had and who I was with was far better than what I was trying.
Speaker 1: I'm still so confused. You're you met this? Like, how the fun? How the fuck does that work? You met this dude and then like two minutes. Not even like.
Speaker 2: Roaming, it's where it's where you hook up in the bathroom, the this specific area. It's just like an on the spot thing.
Speaker 1: Can I hear? Can I hear a breakdown of how the situation went? Like what like this guy? All right, you're in the bathroom, you're what do you tell me? Give me a play about play of how this just for my this has nothing to do with.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the way the way roaming works is usually someone would do a signal to be like hey, I am down to do you know whatever this or that, and then you would know, okay, well what he just did like stopping his foot three times, or doing a specific cop or having a pocket pulled out like stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You that's what I'm saying, don't tell me about how how did it work? In this situation? A guy tapped his foot four times and that made you go, oh, he wants to me to suck his head.
Speaker 2: So I tapped my foot back just because I had looked into it, never thought I would actually do something. So I tapped my foot back and and he was like, Okay, where do you want to go? And I was like, oh fuck, oh he's serious. Oh shit, this is happening. So I was like the stall whatever. He walked in, I walked in behind him, and he, you know, was like, okay, close the door, be careful.
Speaker 1: Your feet taking a ship in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well no, we were both at the urinal, so slight.
Speaker 1: My foot a urinal, just like sing in a little tune.
Speaker 2: Oh you know it. The pens saw. Everyone's into it. Sometimes it's accidental, sometimes people are serious about it. And yes, I know it was a very stupid thing to do. And that's why still I'm.
Speaker 1: Like just still hung up on the logistics of how this happened so fast. But anyway, whatever that all of that besides the point, Okay, you're with this girl now, you you don't have any like, uh, I don't know, desires to explore your sexuality that you're repressing, because I mean, because obviously it's not right for you to cheat on your girlfriend. But if you have desires to explore that, you know, you you you gotta fucking talk to her about it.
Speaker 4: And you know, well that.
Speaker 2: Was something we had discussed at one point and the answer was no, we don't want you to try that, Like she didn't want me to try it because she was scared I was going to leave her for a man ah And no, I don't want to explore anymore. I had my exploration. And that's honestly.
Speaker 1: It's totally It's valid for her to not want that, and it's valid for you to be like why, but it sounds you know whatever, Well, No, I I.
Speaker 2: Intend to I want to spend my life with her in that scenario that because that's why I got with her in the first places. I intended to stay with her for as long as I humanly could. And then it all happened so fast it never really stopped and like clicked, oh shit, and then it was too late when it finally did.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how is it. Let's jump to let's jump to today. How's it going.
Speaker 2: She is currently sitting next to me, playing on her She encouraged me. She encouraged me to actually tell this story because I was like, oh, I'm going to try to call in and then I got there. I was like, oh she pe my phone was dead.
Speaker 1: She please please let me talk to her here?
Speaker 2: She is, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man? Okay? Hold on, I okay, all right, Okay.
Speaker 5: She encouraged me to tell this, what is your name, Savannah?
Speaker 4: Savann?
Speaker 1: When's last time you got tested for STDs?
Speaker 5: She just donated blood the other day.
Speaker 1: So well, okay, well I you said your name is Savannah. Yeah, I'd love to hear your perspective on all of this. Have you been here the entire time?
Speaker 5: I have been here the entire time. Then I've kept my mouth shut.
Speaker 1: I keep your mouth shut no longer. I'd love to hear your perspective.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear your side.
Speaker 5: So basically, what happened is I remember the day he asked to go to the movies, you know, he got back from it and he was being all lovey on me and stuff, and he took a shower, but no, he was being all like, you know, loving and I thought it was just you know, a random spurt of you know, oh babe, I love you. It wasn't no es. But after that, you know, time goes along and I've been thinking, you know, about breaking up with him, not for too long, but things had just kind of gotten like you know, like sitting water, like it's we we'd basically been going to work, coming back I'd watched TV all day, He'd played his games all day, and we'd just go back to bed. The sex life was down, like everything was just like.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what he was saying, is you were you were? The relationship had gotten stagnant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and it drove me crazy.
Speaker 2: So I broke up with him.
Speaker 5: So he's like, you know, upset. Obviously, he keeps trying to get me back. You know. He goes on little walks with me, he buys me things, We go and we do stuff together. I told him I was dating other people and he was like, that's okay. Just know that I am competing with them and I'm gonna have the upper hand and I'm going to use it too. And I was like, oh my god, okay, oh man, You're not an asshole. But you know, we have this one real special day. We go on the nature trail. It's great picnic, all this fun stuff, getting to know each other again and all this stuff rediscovering each other. We get back home, well, we get to the end of the nature trail and he's like, I have this feeling in the bottom of my stomach and I'm like, what do you mean. And he's like, I don't know if I love you or something like that, and later he was like, you know, later on he was like, I think the feeling in the bottom of my stomach might have just been guilt, but uh, you know that happened. And then we get back to his house and I'm like, I want to go home, and then he's like, I love you. And then he's like, I want to be completely honest with you and tell you this. And then he tells me that, you know, he cheated on me, and I was like okay, and then he said with a guy.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, no, I just learned about that tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, okay, So continue he tells you he cheated on you with a guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I tell him to take me to my parents' house, and you know, go to my parents. I spend a lot of time there. I have a couple of awful flames, worst rebounds of my life.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, what.
Speaker 1: What made them so bad?
Speaker 5: One of the guys he had, he had he was decently sized, okay, energy not gonna lie. Decently sized.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, so this is gonna be a good time. And then he didn't even know how to use it, okay. I was just so disappointed. I was like, this is okay, no like for play or anything nothing like that. He just wanted, you know, I mean, hey, if that's what you want, that's what you want. But uh, at least if you want to do it right, okay, all right?
Speaker 1: And so what was so one was so it was the classic Goldilocks situation. This penis is too big, this tenis is too small, but this penis.
Speaker 4: Is just right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this poenis someone knows just right.
Speaker 1: So tell me what is your name?
Speaker 5: Savannah?
Speaker 1: Savannah? Savannah? All right, So you're rebounding, you're talking all these guys, Braiden's like.
Speaker 5: So many guys, okay.
Speaker 1: And so as you're as you're honing around, what is it that eventually brings you back to Braiden?
Speaker 5: I just found myself kind of like every guy ended up with. I wish it was him.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Or I couldn't stop comparing anything to him. I couldn't even listen to my music on my phone, Like I started waking up late and like just missing him.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmm. And have you where where? I mean, this is still new. This is a limit in two weeks. Where do you Where do you stand on all of this? Where do you stand on the problems that you had before?
Speaker 5: Well, I so it would have been a little easier if it would have been a girl. That I think that's why it hit me so hard is because it was with a guy, and that was one of my biggest fears because he told me he was bisexual. So I'm like, great, I'm not even competing against all the girls in the world. I'm competing against everybody. Like I'm competing against.
Speaker 6: The guys too.
Speaker 5: Now, Like that's just not fair playing grounds.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, mm hmm. So what what's your like? All right? So, and by the way, I'm just you know, I'm gonna give just this whole situation I will give I will give props to the fact that that's why I laughed so hard when he said that you were right with him, because I I do respect this that Brayden fucked up, but he is. He has been completely honest with you about it, down to the point of graphically describing that fucking foot tapping thing that made no sense to you.
Speaker 5: No, that's the main thing that when we first got together, he swore to me he would never lie to me, and that since we've been together, that is honestly the only lie he's ever kept from me, the.
Speaker 2: Only lie I've tried. One of the things I hold very deer and near as a person to me is being honest because it.
Speaker 5: It's just it's.
Speaker 2: Better to be honest so everyone knows what's happening. Obviously, if you're like somebody's obviously a tiny white lie in the sense of like I work retail, so like, oh yeah, I'm totally willing to listen to you customer, something like that is different. But when it comes to your relationship, no, there's and just in people are close to you, like your relationship, your parents, those are things you should never pee. Those are people you should never like to because what's the point of being with someone if you're not being you, If you're not being honest, you're not telling them, Hey, this is how I feel, this is me.
Speaker 1: Do I love that? Because you know this this call started with you being You were so bashful at the beginning of this, and now we've gotten to a point where you it does feel as though you have laid everything out onto the table here, and that's what he does.
Speaker 4: I try to.
Speaker 2: Tell everything honestly, how it happened. I try to be Hey.
Speaker 1: I don't deny it.
Speaker 2: I agree one I fucked up. There's a reason I call it the worst mistake in my life, and it makes me feel bad thinking about it. But I did the crime. I've got a self of the punishment of whether it was losing her, whether it's feeling like ship for every day in my life. You know what, whatever the punishment I get dealt, I am one hundred. I'm taking you know, that's I understand that I need.
Speaker 1: So so okay, so so Savannah. Yeah, where like okay, Brett. I feel as though Brayden has done like you know, like like, yes, this happens, and he has taken responsibility for her, and you, of course have no obligation to forgive him, but you did, and he's done kind of like I guess the best he could after the fact.
Speaker 5: We really brought my whole family pizza.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? How are you feeling now? How like what are your Are you still upset? Are you still cautious? Are you like what is your what's your vibe? Moving forward? Just towards this whole situation.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm still worried, but I know that if it, if it is a secret, eventually I'll find out. You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still worried.
Speaker 5: It'll happen, but I trust him not to do it, you know what I mean? Like, I completely forgive him. Okay, I forgive curiosity. There was a time in my life where I didn't know if I was into guys or girls life.
Speaker 2: I forgive that.
Speaker 5: And it was one time he told me the truth. Not a lot of people wouldn't even tell the truth. I don't want to be finding out thirty years from now. I'd rather find out now, address it, and fix it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? One other question? Has this completely turned you off the idea of ever seeing the movie Cocaine?
Speaker 4: Bear?
Speaker 5: I actually watched the movie Cocaine there and I loved it. It was freaking cool.
Speaker 1: Did you Did you watch it before or after? You were forever connected to this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Hold on. We were supposed to go see the movie together because I told her, oh, that movie looks awesome, let's go watch it together. Her ass goes and watches it with her friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't, okay, okay, you okay? Anyway, all right? Well, it's been two weeks. What do you all right? What do you Savannah? What would you like to see? Is there anything that that you would like to see changed from Braden moving forward?
Speaker 5: Change? He pretty much did change, you know. That's the reason I'm back with him. And he changed so much in that short span of time, and he's still changing. But now we just get to ange together, you know, Okay, I don't want to make that maybe, you know, letting me buy magic cards and food more often?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 5: I said, maybe letting me buy some magic cards and some food more often. I like to blow my money on random crap. He very much is uh the financial person of both of us?
Speaker 1: How many magic how much magic cards and food are equivalent to a movie theater? Blowjob? What good?
Speaker 5: What one ratio?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Where's the price to perform?
Speaker 1: How old are you guys?
Speaker 2: I am twenty and in nineteen yeah, and I turned twenty one this October?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are so young Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no right, get it out wall or and now while we're young, some when we're older, we're alling and griping each other all day.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing I don't know how you got I think both of you. I think both of you are going to learn a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, you want to know how we got together in the first place. That always is just the cherry on top to this, because everyone's like what. So we both worked at Low's about a year and a half ago. I see her on the registered I decide I'm going to spark up a conversation with her, so I say hi to her. I feel like she's completely uninterested. She's just too nervous to talk to me. So she gets my snapchat so she can see my location and we can talk. And then two days later, Mind you, we first met on Valentine's Day. Two days later, on the sixteenth, we get together. And then it comes to my attention she already was stalking me before we even got together.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, listen, good luck to both of you guys. I you know what I I will say because I know people are gonna give you that both of you. I know that this will be a divisive response to this whole thing, but it's it seems as though you guys, after all is said and done, have a pretty good uh, at least at this point of your relationship, like level of communication with each other, because it takes a lot for both of you to be willing to lay all this out to not just to each other, but in front of other people. Uh So I take that as a good sign of further communication moving forward.
Speaker 2: And if I had it my way, it wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: But well, but that's okay, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm extremely happy how we have turned out together. In my opinion, I feel it's made our relationship stronger than ever.
Speaker 5: I actually feel like that too. I feel like we're more open with each other. We talk to each other a lot more, we spend a lot more time together, we do stuff together.
Speaker 1: Well, I wish both of you the best, uh in whatever makes your lives feel full and good.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, yeah, it's it was a very else.
Speaker 1: I want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, you.
Speaker 1: Cut me off.
Speaker 5: We can't talk for it.
Speaker 2: I know, be honest with who you're with. And it's either gonna set you free. It's either going to set you free or kill.
Speaker 1: You, Savannah. Anything you want to say to the people the computer.
Speaker 5: Before we go, Honestly, it's it's I don't sound super cheesy, but it's the little things that matters, all the little like gifts or asking how someone is, or telling them the truth, even you know, even though you really don't want to, it means. It means a lot.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for calling. You both have a good night, you too, Thank you. I have absolutely nothing to make up that situation except I'm gonna every time I see cocaine bear, I'm gonna think about this now. I still don't get the tapping thing. What is that? Does that? Can anybody explain that to me? The tapping thing? Look, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I I I I you know, I do.
Speaker 1: I do believe. I do believe that people can look back at their actions and change. I also believe that, you know, people are under no obligation to to forgive or accept back if they don't want to. But if they do make that decision to forgive or take back that, you know, they should be allowed to make that decision. I mean, yeah, I don't know. They both. I wish i'd known more about what either of their like lives are outside of their relationship. I didn't really get to ask them about that, But they seem happy. They seem like they're working out the kinks in their in their in their operation, and I don't know. I hope that they both are are able to rejoice forever in the Kingdom of Heaven, God bless Hell Satan. Hello, folks, it is Lyle. I figured that since I'm on the road doing all these live shows, I would share a clip from one of them with you guys. So the following conversation was had on stage in front of two hundred people at the West Palm Beach improv in Florida with a young man who tells me the story of bailing his mother out of jail for a dui. If you like this format and you want to see it in person, you can go to therapy geckotour dot com for a full list of shows that I am doing across the world. All right, enjoy Heaven. You bailed your mom out of a dui on your twenty first birthday? Tell me? Tell me the story. How did you bail your mom out of the d u I or what happened? Well?
Speaker 4: I was going to school at f s U and.
Speaker 1: Who knows is that the dui capital of the country.
Speaker 7: No, No, Well, I had to drive to Jacksonville to actually do something enjoyable.
Speaker 4: Because there's nothing to do there that's actually enjoyable.
Speaker 7: So, you know, I was on the beach and I got the phone call from the Sheriff's office, like but like a random number, and they were like, this is just a courtesy call. Your mom got arrested on a d U Y. She's gonna call you in a few minutes, but she's in.
Speaker 4: Processing right now.
Speaker 7: And and I'm thinking, like, is this is this scam or like yeah, yeah, you know, but you can start the pale process like through this website.
Speaker 4: Took a Western Union or something like that, and I'm like, I've never even.
Speaker 6: Used if you like, the Western Union. Yeah, that sounds like a scam. I haven't even used the Western UNI ever before. I'm like, yeah, that's that's SUCs as suck. So I was like, okay, whatever, I let it go. So hangs up.
Speaker 7: I go on my phone if any Hispanic person knows, they're all on WhatsApp, and it shows the last time they were on, you know, so I see the last time she was on was the night before, and that's already a red flat because it's already the afternoon. So I'm like okay, sucks. I have And at that point I couldn't even see her location. I had her location before. I guess they turned off her phone when they got her. But she eventually called me and I was like.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, don't you need to build me out?
Speaker 1: Oh is that tears? That's not really what she sounds like it was. It was like it was.
Speaker 7: It was like, honestly, it's pretty sad because she was like, They're like, I treat me like a criminal.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, you're kind of are.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 4: They're like, well, you're treating me like a criminal. I'm like, well you kind of are.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, definitely. But okay, so so did you did you go to How much was her bail?
Speaker 7: I mean so it was one thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's not horrible for almost killing people and ship.
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, it's like, I mean, that's there's still a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: I'm in college, right, right, right right.
Speaker 1: I feel like I shouldn't say it's not that bad because I know some of you guys are gonna drink and drive on your way home tonight. Don't do it. It's cheaper to get the uber.
Speaker 4: But I didn't have to pay that much?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, maybe not.
Speaker 7: How much did you have to pay one hundred bucks?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wait, Actually, in some places in America, like in New York City, way cheaper to drive drunk than to get the uber. That's not the moral of the story.
Speaker 9: Continue, Well, so so she's and I'm like, okay, so I'm gonna figure it out, and she hangs she hangs up.
Speaker 7: So I don't even use the western unit before, but I do remember that in high school a friend of mine, a good friend of mine, did good arrested and I called him right away as a reference, you know, and he gave me a bail guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, your friend had gotten like a do U I or two before, and he.
Speaker 4: Had no, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: He got caught smoking in like some neighborhood like in high school, but his dad had like a bail guy like on contact. And I had called him and he was actually in a softball game and he was like, well, I'm kind of off right now, but I normally work in Miami, and my mom got rested and broward, and but I know a guy, So just here's my cash app. Send me a hundred bucks and she'll be out by tomorrow morning. And I'm like, I'm a social.
Speaker 4: Trust this right.
Speaker 1: No, it sounds like a double scam.
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, but you know where would he is?
Speaker 1: Your mom got rested in Brower?
Speaker 4: He said?
Speaker 7: Brower, Broward County, Brower?
Speaker 1: What do we know? What is the vibe of Brower County? I'm hearing noises from the crowd in relation to Brower County that I have never heard come out of a human being before. Are there? It sounds like multiple people here know somebody who has gotten arrested for a d UI in Brower County. I'm seeing people nod Okay, okay, okay, So maybe look, it sounds like your mom didn't even know it was illegal to drink and drive. Well no, no, so many people do it.
Speaker 7: You're yet, you're assuming that she got arrested in the in the act, So what happens?
Speaker 5: So please?
Speaker 7: My mom is like a pathological liar. So I'm I can't even believe the story that happened. So she's like, I don't even know what happened. I just woke up here. I just need to bail me out, et cetera. So I pull up her bail like on like the website. Yeah, well like or her like prison record whatever, and it shows that she like was with someone that's under like thirteen or something like that.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I'm an only child, mind you so like but and it also.
Speaker 7: And it shows or alcohol level above like points something, so like I'm not sure exactly the age, but point is it was one of those two and then also.
Speaker 4: Drinking under the influences.
Speaker 7: So I'm like, who is she with? I'm like, that whole story just sounds super suspicious. But at that point, I just pay the cash app because you know, I'm in college and so.
Speaker 1: So so so I mean, so tell us what happened? Why would who? What fucking kid was she with?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 7: She was so fucked up that it was above that alcohol level.
Speaker 4: It wasn't that she was with someone that was a kid.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, she was so fucked up that they charged her with being with a kid. No, no, that doesn't make what do you what are you saying?
Speaker 7: Look at the law if you look at the bail record, like like the.
Speaker 4: Arrest like or.
Speaker 1: Wait, they just combined those two charges Florida? Yeah is that is that? Is that true?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Or with a minor, Yeah, it says.
Speaker 1: Or so there's a certain alcohol level where they charge you as much for being that fucked up as they would if you were a lower level of fucked up and had a kid with you. Yes, yes, dude, what's the name of this fucking county again? Brower? So you're telling me, if you get drunk enough, people start to think you're a pedophile. Dude, Florida's crazy? See is that true?
Speaker 4: I know that. Literally you could pull it up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So what happened?
Speaker 7: Well, so I had to just let it, like, I just paid it and it just went on with my day. Like I was in Jacksonville, so I already drove like two hours to like enjoy my day, and I was on the beach, so I just went through it with anxiety. I could barely eat. And all my family is from Venezuela, so my mom normally calls my grandma every morning and every afternoon. So like they already thought, I already knew that it was gonna be something suspicious, so I already reached out practically and had to let them know what happened.
Speaker 4: So at that point, I'm getting clear.
Speaker 1: Did you clarify she was not with a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I clarify.
Speaker 7: She was not with a kid, but like at the same time, like they were like.
Speaker 4: Am I trust what I'm doing?
Speaker 7: Everything impossible because my parents are separated and I'm literally all she pretty much has. And I was in Tallahassee and she was living still in like Broward and Mirimum, so I was literally her only life. So I didn't even care.
Speaker 4: Fuck.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me honestly, like it sounds like this is a tough thing for you.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I called him my dad and he was like, damn ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's what I was saying too. That's the only thing you can say. Yeah, damn, none of us. I'm ever gonna run ship. We're like, you know, whatever, whatever was I gonna have the ticket Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you know, you know.
Speaker 7: But so so let me ask a question. Let me ask you how long it was this this? Well I'm twenty six now, okay, so this is five years ago. Yeah, what's your relationship like with her mom?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Man, Well, you know, I have to accept the way she is.
Speaker 7: I'm honestly I'm sorry to think that she's probably and I this hollow from.
Speaker 1: This is two completely different. Uh, Okay, so let me get this straight. Your mom. You think your mom is so autistic that she gets so drunk and drives that the state of Florida thinks she's a kid fucker. That's quite the spectrum, you know.
Speaker 10: I just think like after just like a sip of alcohol, she's like retarding and like that's I mean besides that, if you just have a regular conversation with her, you'd realize, like, yeah, there's clearly some social interactions.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let me let me ask you. Let me ask you a question. So you think your mom might be on the spectrum, and so like do you how have you reconciled with that? Like are you are like do you try to be like your mom don't get that fucked up and drive, or do you try to be like, you know, mom's gonna do what mom's gonna do, Like how do you approach her?
Speaker 4: These days?
Speaker 7: Because of that situation, she has this like toxic friendship with her boss of like a just like a little like job at the LA fitness like taking care of kids, and she likes she still has that job, right because she's best friends with the boss and and like they just drink while they think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we really need.
Speaker 2: To hear that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they just drink like we have to work, et cetera.
Speaker 7: The point is to the point, even to the point where like it led to my parents' divorce.
Speaker 1: So cash your question. Yeah, I mean this is have you gone to real therapy to talk about this? I know this is as much therapy as it is your mom having been with a kid.
Speaker 4: I mean facts, have you been doing.
Speaker 1: A therapist therapist talk about this?
Speaker 4: Nah, she shouldn't explain.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess this YouTube premium.
Speaker 7: And I just play.
Speaker 1: Well, I will, I will, I will say with confidence that this is above my pay grade. Okay, do you have any siblings?
Speaker 4: I'm an only child, so it was all on your run.
Speaker 7: It was all on me.
Speaker 1: How often do you see your mom these days?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I never moved back home because my mom has the other rooms rendered out from the my my childhood house, and she relizes on that income. And if I replace that with the money I'm playing rent, it's like very marginal, So like fuck living with that?
Speaker 1: Wait, I asked you how your relationship with your mom was barely barely.
Speaker 7: I barely see her unless she comes out of her way to seem like it's really hard, like she always bails on me to just pretty much like hang out with that lady that I'm telling you that off that caused her to get the U I pretty much that didn't stop her from going in the car and drinking and driving.
Speaker 1: You ever thought about like an intervention?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, yeah, and let's try. That happens when the divorce is happening, okay, and no one give a fuck?
Speaker 1: Ah man, you know, are you serious? She's calling her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I look at the good time.
Speaker 1: We can't we can't do that. We can't do that. Do you want to pick?
Speaker 4: She only speaks Spanish?
Speaker 1: She only speaks Spanish. I mean, I mean, how many you can pick? You can pick up if you want, you can pick up, if you want, you pick up?
Speaker 4: I speak. She's calling me again.
Speaker 1: Put put that put that, put that block on too, Madre. People don't really want to hear.
Speaker 4: Hello, see.
Speaker 11: And with my beats and see.
Speaker 4: When seem.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, yeah, no yeah uh soy and supple is it just gacko?
Speaker 4: So am ab than oh is your face?
Speaker 1: We're gon We're about to give this lady a fucking heart attack. Jesus Christ did she answered, I don't think so okay. Oh huh wait what what.
Speaker 7: Did she what did she.
Speaker 1: You'll know, sir, you know.
Speaker 5: And oh.
Speaker 1: I'm i am lost? Oh yeah, sh shure no I have as amos.
Speaker 8: Uh uh com como stas.
Speaker 1: What did she just say?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say let let her, but we'll talk to her later. My name, she is not behind the wheel. Give it up for his mom. Folks, Oh my god, dude, you have some you both of you have a lot of explaining to do to each other later.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she's not to hang.
Speaker 1: Don't answer again.
Speaker 4: I will not. They would I have to do it.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what, you know what Your mom's lucky to have you man, your good son. Give it up for this man. Give it up for this man brought what's her name again?
Speaker 4: Ken?
Speaker 1: Kevin? Does anyone a lot before we got em? Any questions for Kevin? Any questions for Kevin from the crowd? Uh you, sir? In that wonderful Therapy Eco T shirt? What do you say?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're a salesman. What do you sell phones?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: They said?
Speaker 1: Bones?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait what kind of phones?
Speaker 4: A T and T?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: You know It's hilarious, is the dude? Last show I had a lady on Sage you sold phones for Verizon. I guess that's not that funny. Any other question, Kevin?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh? Any one? Last question for Kevin?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Are you all the way in the act? Where did you get that Nature is Home shirt? As are Apostle?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Crazy right? You got a fashion sense?
Speaker 4: Well you know it's a bargain. I have to grab it.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Kevin and his mom. Folks, you're gonna be okay, Kevin? Is there anything else you want to say to the fine people of West Palm Beach?
Speaker 4: I don't know, have a good.
Speaker 1: Name, Kevin.
Speaker 4: Drink and drive. Don't drink and drive.
Speaker 1: Don't drink and drive.
Speaker 4: Don't drink and drive.
Speaker 1: Don't drink and drive. Don't drink and drive unless you can afford it. Don't drink and drives.