Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour on this Tuesday. I'm exhausted and I didn't play who six hours thirty nine minutes of baseball, and it ended with Freddie Freeman late at night, and it sounded like this little delivers Freeman that's on high in the air, straightaway center field, carsha.
Speaker 2: Petal walk, Freddie Freeman, Mister World Series ends the marathon at midnight.
Speaker 3: That's curtsyve Am five seventy the Dodgers Radio Network stat of the Day, brought to you by Panini America Official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 4: Enjoy Basketball.
Speaker 3: It's in all new hour show that follows that's ho you are our long show NBC Sports Now in Peacock that follows this show. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock. That's our streaming partner. Download the app if you haven't done so. Kevin Malaw, former player and MLB network analyst.
Speaker 4: He was at the game last night. He'll join us coming up.
Speaker 3: Reggie Miller will stop buying about twenty minutes or so. Much has been made of the Dodgers relievers, but those relievers were incredible last night. You had nine pitchers They combined to work thirteen and a third innings of one run ball. That's the most relievers ever used in a World Series. And then I mean Will Klein was incredible picking up the win with the four scoreless innings. Clayton Kershaw may have gotten the biggest out of his career. He may have bases loaded and he gets out. Maybe he never pitches again. That would be his last appearance, and if he doesn't pitch again, then that means that they've won the World Series.
Speaker 4: But he he got the out.
Speaker 3: I was probably more nervous than Clayton was, and he's out there pitching. I wasn't as nervous as his wife while she's watching, but Fox was cutting away to her. But that's one of those moments where I just wanted to see him get out of the inning, that's all. But if he didn't and they didn't win, then you know, I didn't have a rooting interest in that way. When you get to extra innings, it's just like, give me something, give me content, give me drama. And you certainly saw that with Freddie Freeman. And if you get that nickname mister World Series, that's a pretty good nickname. Mister October. Jeter was Mister November, but Freddie Freeman mister World Series. Kevin Mila won a World Series championship with the Four Red Sox. The MLB Network analyst and you can see him with Ryan Dempster. That'll be MLB Network every day starting at five Eastern covered the World Series.
Speaker 4: How do you feel today?
Speaker 5: I feel amazing. We've had a great night here. We all him up to my room, Denny. I had Ryan Dempster, we had Mark durosa Team USA manager, and a buddy coming down. But I'm gonna tell you didn't realize we're gonna be here for eighteen eightings. It kept getting better and better and better. And I want to ask you one question is is sho hal tani ai? Because what he does on the field doesn't make sense. I think we all just sit here and go, yep, I'm just gonna go back to the computer board. He'll go afo afu taco crazy.
Speaker 3: I think it's gotten to the point where they're not going to pitch to him.
Speaker 5: You can't. Like we were sitting there last night. It was so fascinating because you know Mark was playing. If I was the bench coach, and what would you do here? And would you take out Kirk to pinch run? And there's so many decisions before they happen, right before we all play armchair quarterback. Fascinating. Yeah, you have to, and then you're sitting here, you walking him to a former MVP in Rookie Betts, and then if you want to get by him, then you get another former IVP mister World Series. So it's fascinating how you do it. I just got to walk up. He's proven to.
Speaker 3: You, but has he gotten to the Barry Bonds status when it comes to you just can't pitch to him.
Speaker 5: You just can't because you think you can. And even when he walked, you know that last at Bet when it wasn't just put him on. You see the stress though, Like this poor pitcher's trying to not not throw strike Seafield's fan.
Speaker 6: But like we are.
Speaker 5: If I tell you Dandy, hey, stay away and then you just like leave one curveball up, you know, it's like it might be embarrassing. And that's what he can do to you. Dan, You know that, like you'll get embarrassed a home runs a home run, then I'll put you in the parking lot. And when you're in the last row of the of the of the bleachers and you and I are sitting back there with a nine hundred dollars ticket these days, and usually the home runs kind of go oh yeah, who's gonna catch it? And now they go like this, heads up in the parking lot. Guys, Yeah, there's a ball bouncing. It just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Uh, Suresier can't get away with that pitch. Maybe a younger Sureser can, but you like, they're just places where the other home run I got.
Speaker 4: It's a terrible pitch.
Speaker 3: If I'm making a mistake, my mistake is never going to be across the plate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny because you know, way you got to group text, you're trying to there's four thousand different things and John Smoltsen I was all us wrong on this text and he's kind of like they're pitching him not so good. He is amazing, but you do have to be careful, you know. And there's this old story, like you know, I told Ryan when we faced Barry Bonds. Everybody walks Barry Bonds. I said, just throw the four seamer, just go after him. Let's see what he has. Well, he had it. You know, a few pitches later, Ryan was coming in. He was like, thanks for that one. He could. That's what happens, though, You know that you and I are sitting there and we're watching this game, like, are they gonna walk them again? And say, well, no, just go at him a little bit, maybe just a little bit. There's no little bit like in the World Series and this kind of a moment, you're just gonna have to say, Mookie Betts's gonna have to beat us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I started to wonder about the impact that this will have on tonight's game because Otani's pitching, so you play eighteen innings. Most pitchers aren't doing anything prior to that that night that they're going to be pitching. This is where you cement a legacy if you're Otani. If he goes out there and throws five quality innings. I mean, we might be looking back on this, you know, ten fifteen years from now and telling our kids' grandkids we did see the greatest performance in baseball history.
Speaker 5: It is there's not words. You don't know what word to use an Imamoto going in or to warm up, like for him to come down, whatever you need me to do, like you got goose mumps when you saw him walk to the bullpen, yelone, like Otani there was a steatu seven for seven his last step with five home runs and two doubles, like dro looked at me. Duroza goes, we're watching the Lily World Series, like these are numbers to hit a big league home run in the postseasons? Big and now we start hearing like these numbers, like George Springer has you know, twenty seven postseason home runs and you're like watching O'tani make this look like a video game. It's not that easy, guys. I want everybody to understand that it's not that easy. And the seven hundred and fifty million dollars contract that we all sat back, going, good lord, have Mersey. He's almost underpaid. He should have been paid two point seven billion, right.
Speaker 3: It's not your money, no, you and I I'll.
Speaker 5: Give a percentage of the team.
Speaker 3: My goodness, gracious, who would you want up in a clutch situation?
Speaker 4: Big Poppy or show he oh, big Poppy brother.
Speaker 5: I mean I only can speak from just sharing with the guy and loving the guy and just understanding what he did for us in Games four and five like, hey, just come on and get on my back. I'm gonna go deep off control and then we're gonna go have a twelve pitcher bag against Lowisah, thank you. We'll head to New York game six. Now, that's a great question. Listen, o Tony. What he's doing now is just, I mean stupid. Right, we all Poppy didn't get out in twenty thirteen, it felt, and Poppy didn't get out with us when we needed every big RBI. I'll take David her teeth final answer.
Speaker 3: I don't know if showering him, you know, being in the shower with him has anything to do with his performance at the plate. But I'll leave that up to you and Poppy. Must be a special relationship you have there. We're talking about Kevin Malar MLB network analysts. All right, how did the Blue Jays get back in this?
Speaker 5: I think they they have shown everybody they punched back. They punched back. You know, you sit back even in Game one when they face Snell. We're sitting there in Toronto out man, the daughters, I mean, they just mean the Blue Jay's right on the jams. Yeah, I mean, yeah, they have a chance. But you know, they come in as there's an underdog, there's a favorite. They're an underdog, no doubt, right, Blake Snell's giving up a run in Postseed starts in fourteenth straight as he's starting the game, and you saw them battle, battle, battle, and then boom and they punched back right And you saw him last night. Edmund has a big air obviously, Alejandro Kirk. If you don't have a man crush on him, Dan Patrick, and you're not a sports fan, if you don't think you can get in the box, spread out, get load of the base. Their simple movement, just a little bit of a shoulder and his barrel and his bat just stays right through here this plane. He will rifle, stuff, valve, he will battle on breaking balls. And for him to get up there and hit that three run home run in that moment, let's talk about that like it just doesn't make sense. And they go down one, they keep punching and punching, and you feel it when bar shows up, you feel he can put one in the streets. They have a lineup. Glad Garrel Junior, I think is growing in front of our eyes. You're looking at an athlete, You're looking at a great defender at first base. You probably paid these better than you thought at first base along with everybody else. He's smart, he's running the base as well, and he's electric at the place. So I think they punched back. How do they get back in it? The question is can Shane Bieber beat the Dodgers? I think the question for me was could Max Scherzer and Shane Bieber beat the Dodgers. They're gonna have to find one, and so now it's up to Shane. Don't call me.
Speaker 3: Justin Yamamoto reminds me of Pedro Martinez a little bit.
Speaker 5: You know what, that's a great comp in Pedro's prime, little guy easy, easy, v low and and hits those four quadrants where he wants what the execution on that three two curveball to Vlad in Game two and then Barshaw got it. Also, like the ability to throw seventy four to seventy six mile breaking ball for ninety seven is split x kid too, and he's great. He's unbelievable. I mean, you're looking at you're looking at some stuff in the series.
Speaker 3: Most famous person in the crowd last night.
Speaker 5: Justin Bieber. I want to go use the restroom and there are seventeen people surrounding it. And when you got to go to the bathroom, you know that when you gotta go potty, you're ready to go potty, and you kind of closer you get to a bathroom, your mind's already saying yay, they're right there. So it gets worse and then all of a sudden you get the.
Speaker 7: Back up, excuse me, I gotta go.
Speaker 5: Potty, sure, back up. Bieber's in there.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 5: But I played in the show. I mean I took Chanhill Park deep there, Vin Sculley, now fit that been count that that count and then they were soon. I give my peaches down to Georgia. I get my blank in California. So yeah, it was justin Bieber's the one.
Speaker 4: Okay, you didn't get to say loa to him, did you?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, I couldn't get to him. I was gonna try together and get a quick selfie in the bathroom, but it didn't work out.
Speaker 4: But he's he had his Blue Jays Jersey on.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's what's cool, like Drake like here in Toronto, and then there's there's Drake. You forget the fans come out right, But Blue Jay fans are awesome. The whole country is awesome. They got six million watching. He was electric there. Dodger Stadium was phenomenal last night. The weather you can't you can't paint a better picture right now. There's no shadows. That's the good news. And so we'll see what goes on tonight.
Speaker 4: Good to talk to you, Thanks for getting up.
Speaker 5: Always great to see you, and I'll see you on our show at some point. You're coming on with your shirt off?
Speaker 4: Oh, with my shirt off?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want your shirt off. It t after dark. Hoops.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about you, you know, big poppy in the shower. You want me with my shirt off? Like, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: That's ours? Get daddy. You know that we didn't talk about Shillys and we talked.
Speaker 4: About when's the last time you talked to Kurt Shilly?
Speaker 5: Go it. It's been a little bit, you know, it's been a little bit.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, why is he not in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 5: Man? I don't know every fifth day? Man, you wanted him on the mountain.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 5: I Mehiti that she's like all these great ones, right, Kershaw on the baseloader moment, what do you even save me about that? Like, are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Like I was holding I was holding my breath.
Speaker 5: It was Yeah, you could have seen what happened. Happened perfectly, like just just absolutely grinding at bat. And I love Freddy's comment saying we saw eighty nine on.
Speaker 4: The cut or slider.
Speaker 5: He goes, I knew we were in pretty old school.
Speaker 4: Shaw, Thank you. keV.
Speaker 5: Al right, pal, we'll see you guys.
Speaker 4: That's Kevin Malah.
Speaker 3: He co host Intentional Talk with Ryan Dempster MLB Network every game day.
Speaker 4: They'll be starting at five Eastern. During the World Series. Yeah, Paulie, I went back to check.
Speaker 8: When you're talking about David Ortiz, he was in three World Series, fourteen games.
Speaker 4: He hit four fifty five No.
Speaker 3: Three games, three series. He got in man, you know, and keep in mind he was with the Twins and they kicked him to the curb and then all of a sudden gets with the Red Sox and became.
Speaker 4: A Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you make these moments in October, but when you're batting nearly five hundred, what a weapon, just because you know they have to. They're always thinking about him. When's he coming up? You know, what do we do with him? What's the situation? You have those players where you go? I got it. I got a pitch to him, James in Virginia. Well you knew it probably wasn't going to go your way last night?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 7: Oh, thanks for taking my call, brother, Happy Tuesday, DP. Thenn's man, salute the commander midtime all the time, every time. Man, you know what I was inspired last night? Man, it's the defense we give that effort the way they gave it in the first half. Two bad football's out of thirty minute because Washington came to play initially. But Patrick Mahomes is the greatest quarterback I ever seen. And I love Tom Brady sit Super Bowls nine appearances. Man, But what Patrick Mahomes can do, like you were talking to Steve Young, his ability to extend the play and to just find the open man every time. It is uncanny. Man. You know, watching in a lot of injuries, but football is a sport of attritionan But man, I just can't stop thinking about how great it was to watch patches Mahomes. I look forward to Jayden being that quarterback one day where just delivers from the pocket day in and day out. Man, but he's got to stay healthy. And man, that baseball game last night, I only made it to the seventh any man, I had to turn. It was Can thirty. I was like, all right, I'm done, guys. But now when I woke up, man watching show hey in those throughout the game. It's just amazing to see great players do great things in great moments. Man, So Freddie Freeman, congratulations, Man, I think the Dodge's gonna take it. Man, But the seasons on the line Monday for Washing and DP. This is a do or die moment, so I hope they show up. Man, you guys have a great day. Thanks for letting me run to Luca.
Speaker 3: Commanders James and Virginia Glass always have full Commanders are three and five, Chiefs five and three. But you look at the games that they got coming up. They got Buffalo, They've got Denver, and what's the other tough one that they've got, Todd? Do you have that with the Chiefs? Their next three games, it's Buffalo, it's Denver.
Speaker 5: I know they got the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Let me see we got Bill's bye week Broncos Colts, Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Colts, Colts, Yeah, Colts and Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, We'll take a break.
Speaker 4: Reggie Miller will join us next back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio AP.
Speaker 4: Hey is Cadino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: Now, in addition to hearing us live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern in two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, We're excited to announce a brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 4: Yup, that's right.
Speaker 10: You can now watch Covino and Rich live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube again, go to YouTube search Covino en Rich FSR. Check us out on YouTube, Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon comment away.
Speaker 3: I always think of those fan bases like the Red Sox looking at Mookie Bats, the Braves, Freddie Freeman, Angel fans looking at show. Hey TONI Red G Miller Angels fan Hall of Famer. He'll be on the call with Mike Tarico and Jamal Crawford. It's the Knicks and the Bucks tonight on NBC and Peacock Tip off at eight eastern. How does that feel to be an Angels fan watching show?
Speaker 8: Hey, Tony Theodore, I'm so glad you brought this up because I need to know this, because I need to know the inner circles.
Speaker 6: How in the world, year.
Speaker 8: Old, did my beloved California Angels. I'm not even gonna call him the Los Angeles. There are the California Angels. To me, how could we have ever seen show Hey o'tani and Mike Trout in the same uniform on the same team.
Speaker 6: How could we ever see show Hay walk out the door? Now?
Speaker 8: I know he was a free agents and free agent and he could go anywhere he want, but we should have gave him part ownership of that team. There's no way he should have ever And not only does he leave, he goes right down the road to the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: It kills me.
Speaker 5: It kills me.
Speaker 8: And I know it's not very popular to be an Angel fan in Dodgerland. I've been, but I grew up because of my brother darl As you know I am. I'm a diehard Angel fan and it just how come on, talk to me like I'm a kind of garden.
Speaker 4: They should have given him part of Disneyland. You know, they should.
Speaker 8: Whatever you wanted, They should have given it to him, whatever you wanted.
Speaker 4: Is there the best two ways?
Speaker 3: So pitching and hitting, he's probably the greatest baseball player of all time, but the best two way player in NBA history.
Speaker 4: Is in terms of basketball. Yeah, best two way player in the NBA in history.
Speaker 8: I would say, uh, Kawhi comes to mind.
Speaker 6: Two way offensive defense, right.
Speaker 3: But he's not better offensively than Jordan, and he's not better defensively than Jordan.
Speaker 8: I would say he's on part defensively with Jordan. He's not offensively as good as Jordan.
Speaker 4: Okay, Elijah one ding ding for the win.
Speaker 6: Oh here's another one.
Speaker 4: Kareem early in his career, Okay.
Speaker 8: Well early in his career he was he was that would I would say Kareem or.
Speaker 3: Hakeem because I know it's not it's not apples to apples with what Otani is doing. But you do have to play defense, and you know Mahomes doesn't have to play defense in the NFL. Correct, So just to be able to go to the other end and not be a liability or to be a stopper, I don't know. Do we have stoppers anymore in the NBA, I will.
Speaker 8: Say in today's generation, in today's games, I would put Jannis in that category. He averages thirty, but he does a good job on the defensive end. I think last season's MVP Sga Shay is a pretty good two way player as well. Gives you thirty two at one end, and I think he was second in steals a year ago. Those two guys come to mind again. I mentioned Kawhi Leonard Victor. Oh, he's changing the game, right, he is. I'm every time you turn into a Spurs game, you're gonna see something new.
Speaker 6: So last night it was the three sixty layup right, it's.
Speaker 8: He will do one thing when you leave that arena or watching that game, going, I gotta see more.
Speaker 3: He took three, he took a logo three and he's got a good form.
Speaker 6: He's got great form.
Speaker 8: And I think just looking at him, it looks like he's put on not a lot of weight, but he looks like he's a little bit more I don't know, more comfortable in his skin. He put on like maybe ten pounds or something, but he's much more comfortable out there on the floor. It's and for them to be undefeated at this point. I know it's early, it's only a week into the season. Look, they're not winning the championship, but I like how they are playing as a young team.
Speaker 3: And you're seeing him. He should have been Defensive Player of the Year. He didn't play enough games to qualify. He's only twenty one. He can guard the perimeter from the paint, he's averaging six blocks now, he can shoot, shoot the three.
Speaker 4: He's got a handle.
Speaker 3: They're putting him in different positions on the block where he can succeed. And I said this, I got lucas the MVP this year, but after that, I've got Victor. I'm gonna take Victor the next five years.
Speaker 8: After that, we'll look for Luca and for Victor to win. Obviously, team success is going to play a counterpoint. So if the Spurs continue to play like this, I say the Spurs end in a top four in a loaded Western conference, yes, He'll were in the same with Luca. Luca in the Lakers. They've got to finish in the top four. To me, I know, I think Jokic wanted a few years ago in Denver, was I believe six in the Eastern.
Speaker 6: Or in the Western Conference, so there is precedents for that.
Speaker 8: But I think of either one of those teams, the Lakers or the Spurs finished in the top four in the very heavy loaded Western Conference, one of them will win MVP.
Speaker 3: If I said, you can have Luca or you can.
Speaker 4: Have Victor Victor.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there any player you would take over Victor winbin Yama for let's say the next five years.
Speaker 8: Well, he's only twenty one. But to me, SGA connect, he cannot go wrong. Look opening night watching him and then obviously watching him last year in the finals in that playoff run and.
Speaker 6: Watching it up close as personal as a fan. I mean, this dude has it all.
Speaker 8: I mean, when the game is on the line, he knows how to create his own shot, he knows how to create for others. And again I look at the other end as well. I think that's what made Michael's so great. Not only was he giving you forty in the playoffs, but he was shutting you down, shutting me down in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Well he didn't shut you down.
Speaker 8: But to me, that's what SGA SGA. He plays at both ends of the floor. So to me, I wouldn't trade either one of those players right now.
Speaker 4: If I said you could have SGA or Luca.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Oh, I would take SGA. Really, yeah, I'm taking SGA.
Speaker 3: You're in love because you got to play the other end of the court.
Speaker 6: Lucas getting there. I mean he's getting there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Luca.
Speaker 8: Now, I will say this to me, Luca is a better scorer than Wimby and SGA.
Speaker 6: But there's two sides in the ball. You know that, all right, There's two sides.
Speaker 3: Reggie is on the call the Knicks visit the Bucks NBC in Peacock tonight at eight Eastern. I was wondering about this where we talk about shooting form. You're one of the great shooters of all time. But would you teach your son how to shoot the way you shoot or would you try to have him emulate somebody else.
Speaker 8: I would have him shoot the way he's comfortable shooting, shooting the basketball or like fingerprints, everyone's fingerprints are different. Everyone's going to shoot the basketball different. So there's no way I would tell my son to shoot like me or Clay. Now, I might reference like a Ray Allen or Klay Thompson in terms of their form and their follow through, But in terms of how you hold the baskeketball and your release form. Because I was an orthodox, I had my elbow out that wasn't textbook. You look at Stephen Curry, he's not textbook shooter, but we know he's the best shooter of all time and he goes in. Everyone shoots the basketball different. You could have talking points about other pla. But you want I would want my son to shoot how he's comfortable shooting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always wondered that when you because your your release was unorthodox. But it's like it's kind of like golf swings, as long as everybody ends up at the same spot when they get to the ball with the club. But was your follow through the same as anybody else though when you released it?
Speaker 6: The thing that and.
Speaker 8: If you watch all these great shooters and you can go back to the sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties, as long as your shoulders are in line with the rim, it doesn't matter if your elbows like this, like this, you as long as these are square to the rim where mine always was. It doesn't matter what your release form is and how you get the ball off, as long as your shoulders are in line with the rim.
Speaker 6: That's all that matters.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Larry Bird made fun of my release because he said, your shoulder, it's out and I go, but hold on.
Speaker 8: Look at his release and what I tried to do. When I got to the high school in college, I copied a lot of shooters, Larry being one of them. Because Larry shot so high and he shot over his head to his left. I took a lot from dal Ellis, who was another great player coming off screens.
Speaker 6: He shot the ball like right in front of his.
Speaker 8: Face almost, So I went on the court depending on the situation.
Speaker 6: If I was coming off and getting.
Speaker 8: Ready to shoot over my right shoulder off a pin down screen, I shot like Larry. I would get the ball on the high release when I was curling coming off my left shoulder and a chance to get in the room.
Speaker 6: It's a much quicker release, so it was more catch and shoot like a dale Ellis.
Speaker 8: So I would pick and choose different shooters that I respected their games and how they released the basketball and incorporated that into my very unorthodox release and shot.
Speaker 4: You love the nixt to Winnie's right. I do, Okay, I do.
Speaker 8: We mentioned this last week with Boston and Indiana. The injuries to their two star players, it's wide open. But to me it's it's Nicks or bust. Though, I mean, they just beat the Cavaliers opening night, the Cavaliers will have something to say. I still think Cleveland will win the East in terms of their record, they'll have the number one seed. But I do think once New York really figures out Mike Brown's system, pace and space and getting up threes, because they're not used to playing like this. They played half court basically under Tom Thibodeaux. Mike Brown wants them to run, get up, get a lot of threes up, So it's going to take some time for them to get and condition their legs their lungs to play that way.
Speaker 3: Theodore the Sixers backcourt, I love MAXI And now you get Edgecomb in there, and wow, you're not gonna get Paul George anywhere near what they hope to get, and even Joe ALLENBI that's gonna be a real slow, slow But if those.
Speaker 8: Two guys give them anything right and they and those guards continue to play, Kelly Oubray had twenty five have last night for them as well, if he can.
Speaker 6: Give them contribution.
Speaker 8: To me, they're one of those teams that you don't know because if the big fella turns into the big fella, like we're his MVP campaign, Well, Nick, that's a different story. Paul George doesn't have to carry the load like he used to anymore because of injuries. To me, it's Tyrese Maxey's team, right, and that young kid uh EDGCMB at Edgecombe. I mean, if there's that's an impressive start to a season, so his confidence is. But if the big fella turns into the big fella and can remain healthy, to me, the Sixers are They're one of those scary outs.
Speaker 3: What was the most concerning or damning thing about the FBI investigation that stood out with the NBA to you.
Speaker 6: Well, let me break this down. You know, it's two different, separate incidences.
Speaker 4: So Terry Rosier and Damon Jones.
Speaker 8: Are all about the rigged and the parlays and the over unders, whereas Chauncey's is about fixed poker games. And I'm wrapping my head around this because I just I come back to the reason of why, like, why would someone jeopardize these guys, jeopardize their career and their livelihoods for something like this. I mean, I've known you a long time and this goes back to high school for me, and even in college you and you can relate to this. You aren't even almost allowed to say the word bet.
Speaker 5: Right. It was like a taboo.
Speaker 8: And in today's society, with partnerships with Van Duel and DraftKings and all these betting sites, it's very murky. And I just wonder why these guys would put everything on the line for a short amount of glory.
Speaker 6: I just don't get it.
Speaker 8: You know, your boys are supposed to be around you to protect you, not exploit you. And that's in terms of Cherry Rogier and Damon Jones. I'm somewhat sad with the Chauncey things because we've known Chauncey for a while. He is one of the best dudes you'll know. And again we don't know everything.
Speaker 4: But I wonder if they got compromised. I wonder if you get in the hole, and.
Speaker 6: How do you get compromised? Why? My point is, why would you put yourself in that situation to be.
Speaker 3: Compromisi You don't think you're going to lose that cut. You know, Barkley's talked about that you end up losing a million dollars and then all of a sudden, you got to pay it back, And then what if you can't pay it back? And then they say, here's how you pay it back. You bring in these people and play poker and we're going to take their money.
Speaker 8: Well, if that is the case, which I hope it's not, that even makes my stomach even turn even more, because again, why put yourself in that situation?
Speaker 3: So Terry Rogier and Damon Jones are probably thinking nobody is going to notice. Now that's why people. Do you know, John T. Porter lived in a vacuum. Red He's like, nobody's going to be following my over unders. Well they don't until somebody puts one hundred thousand dollars on your over under. Now you got Vegas, and I think maybe Rogier and you know, Damon Jones, they live in a vacuum, like, hey, I got some information for you. Make sure you know you give me a kick back at twenty five hundred dollars. They're not thinking that they're gonna get caught.
Speaker 8: Look, it's again, we don't know everything. I certainly don't know everything. I have more questions than the answers for you. I this is a sad day for sports, for the NBA. I'm sure they're gonna relook how their betting odds are. They're over unders on certain Well, we got.
Speaker 4: To take away prop bets.
Speaker 3: You gotta because that's so easy to manipulate because everybody knows what their prop bets are.
Speaker 4: You got the Bucks game tonight.
Speaker 3: I got Giannis's over under rebounds at twelve and a half.
Speaker 8: Like, I right, I don't know what I don't know what you can do.
Speaker 6: This is I don't know.
Speaker 4: What you can do.
Speaker 3: Would you rather go back and talk about the Angels and show hey, Otoni.
Speaker 8: I don't know what hurts me more this betting thing or showing it at.
Speaker 5: The Angels.
Speaker 4: Have fun tonight.
Speaker 3: Tell Mike Trinco and Jamal Crawford second best score on the broadcast team.
Speaker 6: Now, why are you now? You're trying to get me going.
Speaker 4: No, you're the number one.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah he's too.
Speaker 3: No you're not two. Okay, you're the best. You're the best shooter. I haven't seen your best shooter.
Speaker 8: But in terms of handling it, because look, Jamal could go out. Jamal can give either one of these teams tonight. He could give them fifteen to twenty minutes right now, seriously, yes he could, Jamal could.
Speaker 4: That'd be great.
Speaker 5: Jamal could probably get.
Speaker 6: Ten points tonight in tonight's game.
Speaker 8: Now, well, they'll probably have to play his own, but he could give them ten points.
Speaker 3: That'd be a great story, that would It'd be great if he could play in a game and then then come over broadcast. Now, the NBA has got enough to worry about that we don't need. Yeah, all right, we're gonna stop. He's Reggie Alo Wishes Miller. You'll find him tonight at eight eastern. Mike Tarico, Reggie and Jamal Crawford. It's the Knicks and the Bucks. Thanks Bud, thank.
Speaker 6: You, Theodore, appreciate my dad, Nad Love you guys.
Speaker 3: UH Coach to coast Tuesday night. Maria Taylor is your studio host. Carmelo, Vince Carter, and Tracy McGrady. Wow, be a good lineup, reg Jamal Crawford, Carmelo, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady. But I do think Jamal Crawford could give you and I don't think Reggie's exaggerating. I think Jamal Crawford could play and probably get you a few buckets.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 5: You've sent me.
Speaker 9: Hey, Jamal Carter is playing some league basketball at forty four at DP.
Speaker 5: It's eight o'clock on a Saturday.
Speaker 9: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I know just on Facebook? I know, I know, I did, I did.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, hey, look at this man, he says, Marvin goes it's eight o'clock on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: Go yeah, okay, and yes, Marsh.
Speaker 9: Also, we should have known that Wenby was going to have a season like this because he worked out with Jamal Crawford, A chem Olaijuan and Kevin Garnet. He was like collecting infinity stones this summer. Like I should have known this?
Speaker 5: Like what am I doing?
Speaker 4: Take a break Glasgow for phone calls? What we learn? What's in store tomorrow after this?
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: We are trying to put this into mainstream vernacular, and that's the RCI receiver caused interception. And you had one last night with Travis Kelcey and maybe two of them. Man the Mannings, we thought Now, they did talk about this that it shouldn't be on the quarterback that he threw an interception. I'm telling you Peyton and Eli, it's called an RCI. It's receiver caused interception. Maybe we create a new category here because not all intersection are the same. And you saw last night at least one. You know, Travis Kelcey has the ball go through his hands, and I think it was Eli saying that wasn't meant for him because there was way too much zip on it. And as soon as Kelsey drops it or the interception, oh, Travis Kelcey's washed. Kelsey's washed. I'm like, I don't think the ball was meant for him. Now do I think he slowed down dramatically?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do I think he has that ability to still find these soft spots in the zone, Yes, I do. But then there'll be that occasion where all of a sudden he gets behind the defense like they forgot that, Hey where's Kelsey? Well, oh you know he's ten yards behind us here. But is he washed? He's not a threat every single week. But what you want is you want him for the Postseason's that's all this is. His last year is going to be a red zone postseason. Yes, Marvin see, I disagree a little bit.
Speaker 9: I think he's still a threat, but he's not ten receptions, one hundred and fifty eight yards and two touchdowns anymore. But a big third and eight he's a threat to get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just from what we've seen to what he is now, it's you know, there's a drop off there, big drop off. In my opinion, I've be surprised he came back this season, but you know that team, it's hard to walk away from a team that can go back to the super Bowl, and right now they have the best odds to go back to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Derek and Maryland. Hi, Derek, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 11: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Dan good?
Speaker 11: First time? Long time? Five to eleven and a disappointing.
Speaker 4: To it one.
Speaker 11: In my opinion, Reggie Miller is responsible for the single greatest moment of trash talk in NBA history. I wanted to know if the dan Ets can remember their greatest achievement in trash talk.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I don't think we've ever had a trash talk conversation, I don't know. I mean I had stupid things I said when I played, but like, you know, nobody was chronicling my trash talk. Yeah, there's more where that came from. While I'm playing in an alumni league or something like, nobody cares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seen, I'm not.
Speaker 12: I can't think of a time that I've been a particularly great trash talker. However, my son is spectacular and it's shocking and he it's one of my most proud things of him, where I'm like, listen to the kid out there barking.
Speaker 4: I love it. Oh when he's playing soccer.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's out there playing soccer.
Speaker 12: There was this one time he was he was twelve, and he was playing like up a couple of ages. He was playing kids who were like freshmen in high school, and he was playing really well. And this one kid, this gigantic kid I don't know, must have been fourteen already, tackled them hard and wiped him out, cleaned his legs out, and the kid got up and like flexed and was like yeah, And my son dusted him off and laughed and said I've been out here cooking you all day and I'm twelve and walked away, and I was like, that's my boy, that's my son right there. He just did that. He just did that. That was awesome and I could never James in La, Hi James, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey Bob? Fifth time, long time. Maybe Derek and Fritz can coordinate a trash talk off, But anyways, only here to talk about qualcomm or a couple other things. What a night and morning. That was nice to see the crowd get what they deserved for staying with the boys all the way through. One thing that wasn't touched on. Joe Davis and Smolsey were just terrific on the call. John is so transparent and educational, and I know he's had some issues with modern day analytics and the dependency on dat overfield, but I appreciated them touching on the exit velocity and launch angle on some of those fly balls, like the Will Smith warning track shot textualized the impact of the weather and helped the casual fan understand why you know they tracked that data. Everyone's gonna remember Fredie's home run, and they should, but the real win came from that bullpen eleven shoutout Innings. Client was outstanding and just like you, I just couldn't look on the edge of my seat for that Clayton maybe hoping for one final clutch out to bookend that story career. You could see how much it meant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you James.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the relief Pictures, he did a wonderful job, wonderful jump. Now you hope, well Tani gives you a good five or six if he can take a little pressure because Toronto's bullpen. Now, now you start to add up that game, and then you have Tuesday Wednesday, so three games in a row. You're hoping that you get back to Toronto. Let's see, Todd, would you learn today pictures.
Speaker 9: Should be forced to throw the four pitches during an intentional walk and be shamed by having to personally escort the bat at a first base Seaton.
Speaker 12: Would you learn we might be waiving this magic wand to get rid of things in sports more in the future.
Speaker 4: Paul Marvin Reggie loves s g A.
Speaker 3: Paul Steve Young doesn't feel pain. Thanks for allowing us into your lives. We'll talk to you tomorrow.