Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristen Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte?
Speaker 2: We are back with are You a Charlotte?
Speaker 1: We're going to continue with the fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh have so much fun. Thank you really doing this. You're a great host. Well, you're so sweet. You're a great guest, of course, and I can't wait to listen to your podcast. Thank you, thank you. What are we even doing? What are we even doing? What are we? I know, and you can say the number of general ways. I know what. I like that are we even doing? What are we even doing? It depends on the moment, depends on the day. Yeah, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: What I didn't get to in my rewatch of last night was when we go to Connecticut, which I don't even know if we really.
Speaker 2: Go to Connecticut. I think it's Bunny's house.
Speaker 1: And we played tennis, which I have a lot of photographs in my possession of us playing tennis. Yeah, I don't know why. We must have had to take like prop photos or something.
Speaker 2: The tennis one sort of towards the end, right, it must be.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't get that far, but like I make up with the gardener apparently, which I thought was a dream, but apparently it's real.
Speaker 2: Ce. See, I don't remember everything accurately, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's like, what was Charlotte doing? Is it because we're not having sex?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten to that part. Anyone know, Yes, okay, I think that's why. Yeah, but I mean, that's so sad.
Speaker 2: Linked it out, That's okay. I did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I banked it out. I liked it. I remember, and I remember I remember this the tennis court.
Speaker 3: I mean it was the same same sequence there, the night shot, Yes, and I and I had gone out because I was frust I was frustrated myself. I was angry at myself and I couldn't do what I was supposed to do, and they had me out and I was out at this court, and I remembered I took tennis lessons there at the Central Park. There's there was a wonderful facility there. I didn't play tennis. I was like, okay, I got to look like I know what I'm doing, and which I really didn't.
Speaker 2: But you know, through this, so many times I was Charlotte, Yes, and I.
Speaker 3: Was there, and I remember because it was a warm night and I was hitting balls and the the the makeup ladies came over and they were like, you need to be a little sweaty, and I was like okay. And they started taking baby oil and loving it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's the one right there. Look at that's it. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I said, I think this is a little I think it's a little too much, right And I was like and they were like no, they were like no, no, and they were like doing so I was.
Speaker 2: Like, look at you. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I was a young man right there, incredible. And I was just like, I said, okay, I said, all right, whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm sure all of the guys and all of the girls having a great time.
Speaker 2: Very like, I know, why don't with a gardener, why don't I just try harder? Rageous?
Speaker 3: You know, That's the whole thing is. He looks good on the outside, but the inside it's just not working.
Speaker 2: It's sad. It's so sad.
Speaker 1: It's so funny though, because I only remember some of it, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a few moments that.
Speaker 3: Like I remember, I remember the the scene in the bathtub.
Speaker 2: With when Francis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in the maasth Hub and Franny is sitting on the toilet smoking.
Speaker 2: It's okay, you know, it's good, but it's not good for Charlotte. Yeah, and you kind of put your head and it's like, what the hell is Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I had forgotten that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I immediately recognized. I said, this is the entire relationship in one scene, in one visual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, that's true, and I think.
Speaker 3: That we had And I said, no, give me a washcloth and I'm going to be washing, not just soaking, I'm actually washing and we're chatting like everything is totally fine. And I said, there's a brilliant moment. And the other one that I loved, which you're probably member, is when we're shopping.
Speaker 2: For a bed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, three of us on the bed and it's good. Just again, I'm like, there it is.
Speaker 1: That's it's a good visual. I'll tell you what I remember because I thought that it was very hard and I was very scared to do it.
Speaker 2: And it might have been Charles also.
Speaker 1: And the other thing I want to about Charles before we move on, because I was watching them in order, right, like, I watched.
Speaker 2: More than I would normally watch.
Speaker 1: Last night and so when when you switch from one director to the next, you're like, oh, when it's someone new, right, and they put in and he would do film us, even in the intimate scenes on a longer lens, and it's so cinematic. And that's when Carrie's having the affair with Big behind Aiden's back, and it's so beautifully filmed.
Speaker 2: And she's so great. I mean, everyone's so good. It's so nice to see such a good director.
Speaker 1: But then what I remember with us is when so so you in Burgdorf you hand me, I say, oh, did you do your list for the party? And you hand me your list and behind the list for the engagement party is the prenup.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, Trey in the middle of burg Dwarf, what is this? Yeah? And You're like, oh, it's nothing. Everyone in the family does it. You know, you're very And so I go to the girls and I'm like, can you believe this?
Speaker 1: And and I've got Miranda look at you say, oh, just have your lawyer look at it, like I have a lawyer, right, Well, luckily Miranda's lawyer.
Speaker 2: So I take it to Miranda.
Speaker 1: And she's like, oh, well, this is interesting, you know, it's normal. People do this, like I would do this if I were getting married. And then she gets to the part where it's like I get extra money if I have a boy child, but I get no money if I have a girl child, and I'm like, what on earth?
Speaker 2: And I mean rewatching. I didn't remember any of this, so I was like, that is fucking weird. Yeah, I mean really brilliant.
Speaker 1: But then where I didn't get to last night but I know is good. The party I go to and negotiate with Franny with Bunny and that's when I say I'm worth a million. And I remember being so petrified because it was one of those shots where they set the shot up and it's like a super close up, and you know it's a super close up and it's kind of like someone's like joking you like the pressure, and they keep trying to explain to me how I feel. And I remember Jenny's trying to explain to me how I feel, and Charles is trying to tell me what to do, like how to do it or whatever, and they just want me to like embody like I'm worth a million or whatever, but like what does that mean? Like I was struggling like, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: It's perfect? Actually that you brought all that into it? Is it perfect?
Speaker 3: Because that would that would be Charlotte.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't come.
Speaker 3: In, She wouldn't suddenly come in like hard heart, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: She is so everything that you're going through was perfect, Thank you, Kyle. Perfect and the direct no, no, you're so people.
Speaker 2: A saying you're so good with people?
Speaker 3: What about what about moving on? What about the whole remember the whole wedding thing that we did?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, insanity.
Speaker 3: And my favorite, my favorite moment of all that was the gentleman who played.
Speaker 2: Kim's paramore in that moment?
Speaker 3: Was it rich Is she with Richard bish accent?
Speaker 2: Do you remember him? Oh? Almost? And I was like, and you'd make out a word every now and then.
Speaker 3: And I said, years later, when I was playing golf in Scotland, I have a Scottish coach and I said.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I said, it's the same accent.
Speaker 3: Wow, I can't understand a word from He's from the far north of Scotland.
Speaker 2: And he would say in the.
Speaker 3: And I'd be like, that's good, and I would sit for a minute kind of there and I'd be like like thinking, like I knew it, like listening to his odd comments and I'd be like, I'm just trying to figure out what the hell he said about.
Speaker 2: And then I would then I would go, oh, Okay, I think I got it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And then I would say Okay. Then he'd say something else and I'd have to take a minute to think about.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just love it. He was so fun. That's funny. I need to remember him at all. Was wow. I don't remember him, but I mean good that they brought a Scottish ship. Were they killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know if he's truly Scottish or not. He just wanted to doing something crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he was. He was truly wonderful. That was a whole really fun. It was really funny, so incredible. Yeah, it was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: And such like we joke about it with the girls because I have pictures of them sleeping on the pews because that's how long we were there, you know, which is like very much our mo O with not our personal emo but the show's ema. Right, everything took forever. But I also have pictures of me, like in the courtyard of that church like they had to. I couldn't sit down, like I needed a.
Speaker 2: Leaning forward for the dress because that's huge vera Wang.
Speaker 1: And so I'm sitting in like funny on like weird perches and whatever, like just so thrilled, like I'm actually getting married, which I actually don't even care about, right, But it's like the enthusiasm of Charlotte was inhabiting me, do what I mean.
Speaker 2: And I'm just beaming.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, so happy, and the girls are so mad.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a crazy thing because rarely we're all all the cast members together like that. I mean, I know in each episode there was always a moment when all four of you came together and kind of much stuff we're not there, so it was rare when I was there. I think there was one dinner sequence when I was there with the girls, and I remember I all think. I remember it was a restaurant. It was one of the oldest restaurants in New York where we went, and I don't even remember where.
Speaker 2: It was somewhere in.
Speaker 3: The theater district and it's hard with the b okay okay, anyway, that was one and it was an all night one, so we were all like, of course, delirious that and then the wedding sequence was another one. And I love the fact that the writers like they took me Kyle maclachlin and they said, Okay, we're going to lean into the Scottish side of things, so they had me wearing a kilt it, you know, which was was also brilliant because it was like, oh, he's wearing the dress and the relate you know, it was like it was like, oh.
Speaker 2: There's there's layers here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely that the writers are thinking about it were just so clever that the writing stuff was so.
Speaker 2: Good, Oh my god, so good for the show.
Speaker 3: And the only other thing I wanted to mention was about was was friend Francis Franny, because you know, she played that Upper east Side matron, waspy.
Speaker 2: Matron so perfectly.
Speaker 3: When she would unfam with this when she would come to the makeup trailer, she would come in and like she'd have like like she just came off the farm upstate New York.
Speaker 2: She Birkenstock song so different like.
Speaker 3: Short capris kind of and like kind of a blouse and like almost a straw hat. I mean it was literally like I'm coming in just just put took off and now I'm ready to turn into and they put her in the chanel and mirror and suddenly like wow.
Speaker 2: What a transformation.
Speaker 1: So she was scary and me was scary.
Speaker 2: At least I was scared of her. You know, you probably weren't, but she was right.
Speaker 1: But I mean that part was kind of surprising because Franny herself was like such a mom vibe, you know what I mean, like so so warm and lovely, cigarette in her hand and watch out many.
Speaker 2: Oh all of it.
Speaker 3: Well we should do this alrighty, And you realized he just he just developed this thing. That's what happened, you know. After that, he's just definitely better to.
Speaker 2: Just give up. And because it was otherwise it was too much press.
Speaker 1: Shoot, That's why I think that the cardboard baby and the saying that you wanted to play golf, I think it was like you had developed you Trey had developed this passive aggressive thing with your mom, like you know, you didn't have a way out right, and so then I push you so far and I really want you present right, like I'm not going to be okay with the checked out. I think that was when I have to rewatch it all to be sure, but like there's a scene that I think Alan Colter, who had on so much, and he's one where he when he showed up the visuals, like looked up. You know, he was such a great director. And he fondly remembers a scene that I haven't gotten to in the rewatch because I think it's after we kind of break up and then we get back together and we have some kind of a scene about how we love each other but it's just not enough, and he had us just leaning against a wall. Do you remember this vaguely?
Speaker 2: Like possibly outside the door.
Speaker 1: Maybe outside the door, and I'm wearing like my green, my favorite green.
Speaker 2: I think it was in the doorway. Maybe people will know what they want to look up tell us. Yeah, I'll have you back to talk about that we got this wrong, and we got this wrong, I know at all. No, I don't think we got anything wrong, Carl, I don't. I think its the.
Speaker 1: Fans will tell us, But I mean, I don't think that I don't think that the Minutia detection.
Speaker 2: Is retroactive, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I feel like the fans who love Sex and the City just watch Sex and the City and don't pick it apart in the way that the fans picked apart and just like that and probably anything else that's on right now.
Speaker 3: Maybe well, maybe that's a social component that becomes because because then you have a you have a community, you know, that supports each other and then can weigh in, you know what I mean, and correct and adjust and everything.
Speaker 1: When you got off our show, did you go directly to Desperate Housewives or was there Do Not.
Speaker 3: Passco, Do Not collectwo hundred. I don't remember. I've sort of lost the timeline because I think we were well, we were in New York and then Housewives obviously shot it at Universal in LA. I think there was a leg time, and I don't remember when I started.
Speaker 1: Did people talk to you about Trey like, was it uncomfortable because of the weird.
Speaker 2: In New York? Yeah? I told me at the time. I was like huh.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, I've had you know, that's been from the beginning, you know. And I talked about New Yorkers and how that you know, the occasional person sometimes I would say, the dormant in New York. You know, they're also you know, outspoken and you know, friendly and kind of you know, would say, hey.
Speaker 2: Buddy, good luck. I know you can do it, you can get it, you know, thanks, hey, thank you, thank you, mister Dorman.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know stuff like that, right right, right occasionally, you know, but it was, you know, you sort of take it in stride and you know, a sense of humor, and so for the most part, somebody you're like, yeah, right, but really it's so, you know, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Good and it was. Was it fine then or was it annoying?
Speaker 3: You know, it was it was annoying, yeah, actually, but honestly, but at the same time, yeah, but as an actor, you're like, you know, let's how do we find the truth in this? He has an issue, he doesn't want to deal with it. Together, they're trying to find a way through this, and I sort of in my mind, I said, well, maybe this indirectly will somehow help somebody, or maybe they can talk about it with a friend. I don't know, thinking there might be a there's a positive, there's an upside here somewhere.
Speaker 2: I think the shining truth on anything is good.
Speaker 3: So the three people that I helped, I'm so I hope that helped my embarrassing moment I mean that's.
Speaker 2: The other thing that was interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, as the four of us, we all had many problems, obviously, and they would you know, we would fall down or did you get the pie in the face, either literally or figuratively or whatever. Obviously, but we were on there and we were you know, the show was about us, right. But then for the guys often and sometimes it would just be one episode, right like Bobby Kenavale.
Speaker 2: Is in with the Bunk is punk. Bobby's a great actor, right, Yeah, there were other ones that I felt, Okay, I didn't have that totally.
Speaker 1: Because like I I and sometimes I asked these guys to come on the show, and then they don't want to come the show.
Speaker 2: And I'm so hurt that they don't want to come the show, and that I realized what they have to come on and be humiliated.
Speaker 1: Never, I would never humiliate further. I would just give them the time to talk about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They were such good sorts to come on, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's true for you too, because of course I don't even remember, like I had it on my Instagram. I was like, I don't even remember why, Like why did it end? And they were like, oh, there were so many problems.
Speaker 2: There was this, and there's that there, you know.
Speaker 3: Kind of got to we got to find a way out of this, because so they want to take you on another journey obviously, you know, this one had kind of and and honestly, that's say it has been two seasons, I think, right, right, yeah, so it.
Speaker 2: Was even clear I'm clear in my mind. Yeah, I mean, certainly longer than five or four.
Speaker 3: But I think, speaking earlier about that, one of the strengths of the show you were talking about here everyone had an issue, and I said, was that that they presented these these wonderful, glamorous, fantastic friends, but they were human, yes, you know, and everybody had issues that they were struggling through. Yes, And so many people I'm sure watched the show to go, oh God, I'm going through exactly the same thing, how do I handle this?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's true, and I also think that it's like from what people tell me, because there's also been these very interesting phases, like there's this phase during COVID of like people saying that Carrie's awful and she's a narcissist. Think you've led too much time on during COVID, And I remember one time, Sir just because said like I just don't understand what is this online? And I was like, I don't even think twice about it, because basically, number one, you were a full character. That was the point, right, Like, how would we have ever gone on in the way that we have if she was somehow worked out? You know what I'm saying, Like nobody's really worked out anyway, right, But I think they it's very unusual, like you will have Tony Soprano who literally kills people but is the star of that show and much beloved, right, and then if you have a complex woman, people are like, she's a narcissist, she's me a bad choice, you know, Like there's an unfair judgment. But part of that is because if you think about the women characters that we get, certainly in terms of television and long term characters, they kind of have to.
Speaker 2: Be like lawyers or doctors or you know.
Speaker 1: Like Meredith Gray, you know where you're you know, the the hero I think, I mean, I don't watch that show for twenty one episodes season, Sorry, you know what I'm saying, But like Kerry was a flawed individual, and that was what it was supposed to be, as were the rest of us.
Speaker 3: Everybody, everybody in the flood on the show, and at the same time lovable and like and recognizable and identifiable, and you could align. It's why people are like, are you aligned with you know?
Speaker 1: Or whatever?
Speaker 2: I think, because I think we were. There were this examples.
Speaker 3: You were demonstrating examples of you know, how to handle and not.
Speaker 2: Not handle to handle right situation.
Speaker 1: So I think from what people say now when they talk about like rewatching it, like like someone came on and she'd just been through a breakup and she was like, you know, I just watched it again and it's totally different to watch it when you're going through a breakup than it is to watch it when you're in a couple, right, And I was like, that's really interesting. It's hard to be objective, of course, right, having been in it.
Speaker 2: But I love to hear that.
Speaker 1: And then Adam Scott came on and about how he watched it the first time he had COVID. He had COVID pre vaccine, so he was like took himself away from his family and was trying not to get anyone else sick. And trying to spend his time with something. So he really felt he said, he really felt like we were there for him, which is so adorable.
Speaker 2: Isn't that so adorable? Because he had a fever, right, you know? And I was like, I'm so glad we were there for you. I am like, we want to be there for you, you know.
Speaker 1: But the fact that you can feel like we're real people is a testament to the fact that they wrote us as flood real people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And that was also that thing where the writers would have to have some basis of the story, right, And you know what's interesting about that, I have never asked them. I don't know who the basis for Trey was, like, how they know, Like was there a person who had some similar because usually their rules that they had to have like one degree of separation from the story, right, But I never asked because I was so in it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, that was always the that was always the game, right, It's like, who is this person exactly based upon h the New York's you know exactly right?
Speaker 2: Who is it? Do we know them? How well did we know them? Are we going to have to talk to them about this? On a red carpet at some point, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And then also when we did, especially when we went back to doing just like that, we would have to figure out amongst ourselves which writer or writer's spouse this was about, right, Oh my gosh, because they wouldn't always tell us and we would just be like, do you.
Speaker 2: Think that maybe this is about?
Speaker 1: Because then you had to be careful with what you might say or the questions you might ask, and you needed to know which writer was going to have the best.
Speaker 2: Information to give you. You know, I know, it's pretty.
Speaker 3: Interesting incestuous, oh my lord, but in a good way, right Listen. If you can't base things upon people that you know and situations, is that that's what's the point. That's what makes it so recognizable, identifiable, intriguing, interesting, compelling.
Speaker 1: Absolutely which makes me want to ask you about Overcompensating.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it's so much fun.
Speaker 3: Benny Benny, Benita Skinner, Ben Benny drama. But he is such a lovely, lovely man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh is so Yeah.
Speaker 3: Over Compensating was a really really a fun experience. Benny and Scott King, who kind of helped him, from what I understand, helped kind of mentor him through this process of writing and telling his story, his story of coming out. Was it was just such a remember reading the script and thinking, this is really funny. Yes, and I love that every character had a very distinct voice and you could see it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It was a very visual script, so those are so nice when you can you see the action as you're reading. And I love the idea of the character of the dad, and and it was just, I mean, all across the board, just the greatest experience. We shot up in Toronto for long and thinking long for my parts were just kind of isolated, you know. And Connie Britten was the was and she was great. I was such a big fan of hers, and I just felt we have we created between me playing his father and her Asmus the mom. We had this relationship that was that was interesting and and ridiculous and completely understandable from being together for so many years that we're both going kind of different directions. We're both we both love and hate each other.
Speaker 2: You know. It was very felt, very true. Nice. I loved it. I loved it. You're very funny.
Speaker 1: You're out there man, and you're on some some show that I haven't watched with Ethan Hawk.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, down enjoy Yeah, really good.
Speaker 3: So it's it's set We're sett in Tulsa and I'm a I'm a gentleman, I'm running for governor. I'm come from a very wealthy money family. And Ethan plays an investigative reporter who's kind of in his own words, is is a truth is a truth story and okay, so he's all about telling the truth of Tulsa. And of course Tulso has a very interesting past, and he is Ethan is really wonderful. And he worked with Sterlin Parjoe, who is our director, who had directed Reservation Dogs res Dogs as they call it, which I had seen and was remarkable. Also said in Tulsa he's local there, interesting and so he wrote the script and this idea and worked closely with Ethan, and then I came in. This is my fourth time working with Ethan, which is.
Speaker 2: So much fun. Yeah, I really enjoyed anything. He's so great gat.
Speaker 3: I know what I think I like him about the most is the fact that his process is so collaborative and that the ultimate goal is to make the scene the best it can be, which means that he's rooting for his you know, the actor who's there also with him, or actors or situations, how to make the scene better, and if it means, you know, doing something else that he hadn't planned to do, he's like, all on board, let's let's make it the best.
Speaker 2: And he and I.
Speaker 3: Worked really well together because we both have that kind of vibe, you know. Yeah, And it's on right now and a really good It's a great character for me. I get to play again someone who you think you know who is at the very beginning, and then he turns into something else towards you.
Speaker 2: Interesting and cool. Cast can't wait to watch it? Yeah, I think you'll enjoy it. Okay. Then I want to talk about TikTok and the podcast. Yes what It's good? Are you up to over there? What am I even doing?
Speaker 3: Well? The podcast is called what are We Even Doing? And I completely agree.
Speaker 2: It's very like in life. In life, it's all.
Speaker 3: About so I I yes, So I've started social I've got this.
Speaker 2: You're out out there. I mean, people are into.
Speaker 3: It, engaging. I love the creative parts of social media. That's how I treat it. And it's really for me. It's about fun and entertainment. Occasionally I'll point to, you know, a cause or a person that I think is like, hey, this person's doing something great. But really it's about making people laugh. And I have a wonderful I have a wonderful crew. So Desrae Gruber, my wife's a picture and the chief content officer who's with us today and Walls is her here, and she has a junior staff as well of young creatives, brilliant creatives, and so we work together on this.
Speaker 2: So it's a collaborative process.
Speaker 3: I'm you know, very engaged and very involved in kind of up for anything they bring me.
Speaker 1: Ideas and Kyle so impress, it's all good.
Speaker 3: I think there was might even have been a reference to a cardboard baby at one point in time in the past.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, maybe that one.
Speaker 3: We dig deep, We dig deep. So that's been really fun. And then that sort of led into this because it's very much a connection with a younger generation, right, and so that sorted opening up the idea like maybe there's a way that I can sort of infiltrate this world and begin to understand what's happening with them, with with the young millenniums. Someone to understand we need an interpreter. Yeah, interpreter, I brought a glossy. This is a man on the street, very excited. Yeah, and I've got some I've got some shield not. Let's see the generations there are. There are definitely the slang. You've probably heard about that. I have a fourteen year old Okay, so you are very aware of the slang.
Speaker 2: I mean some of it.
Speaker 3: I could I could, actually, I could ask you a couple of questions about some of the words and see.
Speaker 2: If you okay, ahead, go ahead. Chopped would be a good word. Chopped, Okay, hold on, I feel like I should know this.
Speaker 3: It kind of I mean, it's I think it's a positive eludes.
Speaker 2: It actually not okay, oh dear, I'm bad. You are definitely not chopped.
Speaker 1: I'm not chopped, okay, so that's a good thing to not be chopped.
Speaker 2: Chop is ugly, ugly, Yeah, saying the word ugly. That's right. It's chopped. Okay, okay, thank you. It's a little bit like rhyming slang. You know, one word and something else is another good one. I just heard this recently too. You're up on it, babe, I don't know. Just come this directly. I'm coming right too. Wow, I love it, I love it. I love it. Once funk is old. Yeah, so I'm approaching. I'm approaching. I think we're both compared to these you are not.
Speaker 3: Then there's a very interesting one, which is can I say this boy or soft boy?
Speaker 2: You know I have heard this. I literally still feel like I do not know the definition.
Speaker 3: Well this, this came directly from Geraldine, this one Nathan who was a guest on my on my podcast, and and the boy is someone that is very clearly there for one thing and one thing only.
Speaker 2: Well, that's pretty si right, very very straightforward. Soft boy.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, if I if I'm understanding this correctly, I may be corrected online. We'll find out soft boy comes across as like very gentle and it's got all your.
Speaker 2: But he's not. But he's not.
Speaker 3: He's in there for one thing. So it's a wolf. It's a wolf in sheep's clothes.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, okay, okay, this is super interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so I you know, yeah, some of the some of those things.
Speaker 3: You know, there's others de Lulu of course, brain rot cap cap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I find bit confusing. I don't know why we need that word for that. But okay, yeah, no, I think it's this is this is all good.
Speaker 2: I've had. The one that I really love is put the fries in the bag? What does that mean? It just means ended with the fries in the bag. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to use that. I'm going to use that because I need my kids to move quicker.
Speaker 2: Well that's what you put the fries in the I'm gonna do it. God, I haven't been No. Oh, I love it.
Speaker 1: I have the situation now where my fourteen year old does not want to hear about six seven, but my seven year old does.
Speaker 2: Seven makes sense? Yeah, yes, but it's sort of nonsense from what I understand. It's definitely not sent here too.
Speaker 1: But they were so into it in the summer, especially like in the summer, I had girls over for my daughter's birthday.
Speaker 2: They made a six seven cookie.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, why explain.
Speaker 3: Here's the here's the news on the six seven. Yes you say it's group seven, okay, breaking gen z news. Okay, yeah, group seven. That's okay, thank you. So that's what I've got so far.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to coind I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it Okay, so when people come on the podcast, they help you with these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some sayings that they come up in a cop but really I'm there too. I'm really there because I'm curious. It's all about the creative process for me, and some sorts of conversation like we're having, you know, based upon what they what they're doing or what they're about to do, and where they come from. It's like how they started, what's what's important with their authenticity of course, and also talking a little bit about you know, kind of kind of just whatever whatever moves them, you know what I mean, and how they use social and so this is all this is part of an exploration and a conversation. And I realized, you know, I know, and you're probably the same way. I know my mentors. I know the people that I admired growing up, you.
Speaker 2: Know, James Dean and.
Speaker 3: These were people in Monty Cliff. These were people that I read everything about wanted to emulate. And I'm like, I realized, I don't have I don't look back and sort of see who's coming up that I really am aware of.
Speaker 2: Or respond to.
Speaker 3: And so I've started to that's a point wonderful interview with Dylan O'Brien, young actor who I really admire, and you know, it's just an opportunity to speak to them about, Hey, what how are you finding this journey that we're on as artists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good, Yeah, that's great fun.
Speaker 1: Well, that's partly what I love about Marybeth and Benny. You know, like to see young people where they're self made, they just found their own way. Like Benny on you know.
Speaker 2: Instagram, initially first started on.
Speaker 1: Kardashians like wow, and then had the forethought to put it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: And Marybeth, I mean they were both stand ups, which I didn't really realize, but you know, like Benny kind of like just creatively found that way and then here he is also able to do the more traditional media. So obviously he had Scott King help, which is great, but like just his own story, you know, it's really it's so impressive.
Speaker 2: It is impressive.
Speaker 3: And the way they're using social media to self generate, Yes, and it's it's really easy. It's amazing, and it's hard work. Yes, have a social presence. I'm discovering it's hard work because if.
Speaker 2: You're just by yourself. I mean, first of all, like, oh man, I rely on my ladies.
Speaker 1: They're here, but you know, like because you can't research all the trends and everything.
Speaker 2: And when they first came over, I mean I didn't sleep the night before. I was so nervous. Yeah, I was like, what am I going to do? I had to clean the house because we're not used to just filming in our houses, are Charlotte.
Speaker 3: I mean it's just I've been realizing all along, you know, I had to clean the house. That is so funny. Do you clean before the cleaners come? Do you do that kind of thing?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Sometimes to relax.
Speaker 1: Now that I have two children, I relaxed. Everything was different before the kids. Before the kids, by me, you were spotless, yes, and I mean there was no clutter right, and I loved it. It was fantastic. I'm trying to get back giving up. Yeah, I did pretty much give up. And now I'm like, this is stressing me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, I find that if I have one space in my house that is uncluttered, and so I had a little gym that was my garage and that's kind of my space. Nice However, Yeah, because I don't have any other place to sort of put stuff. Oh, inevitably I find there's three boxes in here that I did not put in here, And I've become really and I'm like, excuse me, these have to be removed right now. That's all I need is one area.
Speaker 1: I've lost all my areas. My areas are gone. I mean, I have this house. I got this bigger house when I when I had the second, when I adopted him, got this bigger house so that everyone could have space.
Speaker 2: That was my idea that we'd have.
Speaker 1: A playroom, you know, with the toys, because at my old house, like I was living under toys. You know, it just like takes over, takes over. So I got this playroom and I was like, the toys are going to stay in the playroom.
Speaker 2: Weill not.
Speaker 1: So no one told the seven year old, right, So now I've got like, you know, these bay blades.
Speaker 2: What the heck was your son not into these?
Speaker 3: A weird thing is at the top, you know, for a moment, Yeah, for a moment, he had a thing really appealed to me.
Speaker 2: He had other stuff, But here's the dog. It's like a situation.
Speaker 1: You've got them everywhere, Okay, Yeah, and then we've got Legos everywhere.
Speaker 2: Legos, yeah, oh my god. And then we've got still toy cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, toy cars. I'll still stay forever Legos, in fact, stay forever.
Speaker 2: Which I mean, Legos are great, right, my son still loves like pain. I love Legos.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I do sit down and do Legos. My son thinks I'm mad at it, and he tells me you are not good at las.
Speaker 2: They have a facility about it that they can. They look at the thing.
Speaker 1: Which I think is great. They're building, right, They're building. Building is great. But I guess I'm not that good at it. But also I look at it as like resting, right, like Mommy is going to rest a little and build a wall.
Speaker 2: You build, You build characters, that's what you do. That's so sweet. I try. I do my best. Man, it's not easy. It's not easy. Man. Well the toy thing does it does eventually move. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're at a point where we've got the little toys that need to go.
Speaker 2: But see, I need some help. I need some help.
Speaker 3: I wish when I was because I had two younger brothers and growing up and we had that was kind of the advent of hot wheels.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and had.
Speaker 3: Tons of hot wheels, first run hot wheels, oh wow, which my mom didn't keep them, no goodwill.
Speaker 2: And which I understood. You know, there's a lot of toys. You know, we had a lot of toys.
Speaker 3: But I do think back on some of the early games, and I said, I wish we had the original.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I know you'd have to have somewhere, but I'd be like, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I have this memory game that I had as a child and is so vintage, and somehow the pairs are in there. And seven year old has discovered the memory game. So now at six a m. When the coffee hasn't really hit, I have to play the memory game. But I'm like, this is good. This is good for you know, anti dementia.
Speaker 2: It's impossible, yeah, yes, yes, that's impossible.
Speaker 1: But it's also like these vintage seventies cards, which is like just kind of a miracle. Yeah right, So it does make you really when something survives, you know.
Speaker 2: You appreciate it.
Speaker 1: But you know what I realized, I forgot to ask you, Kyle, are you a Charlotte.
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely, yeah, yeah, without question love it. Yeah, you don't even.
Speaker 1: Have to think yeah, yes, yes, I feel you are too. I just wanted to double check. Oh yeah, and it's my official thing I have to do, right, Yes, of course, absolutely, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Charlotte. Yeah, Kyle, your dream. That was so much fun. I know, thank you for being here and you needed to come back. I will come back. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: It's so fun to rehash with you and hear your perspective on things, and you too have those memories and also you remembered a lot I did, okay, right saying before your prompts.
Speaker 2: Were very good. Thank you, thank you very good. But there, yeah, I remember quite.
Speaker 3: It was such a really it was a wonderful period of time in my life, and I really enjoyed I was.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was on our really special shows and you were, and we're so lucky that you were with us. Thank you.
Speaker 1: M