Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobek, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: Let's get to some of the individual gainers. No surprise, a big story today in the media sector had to do with the race to buy Warner Brothers Discovery, if you will, Warner Brothers Discovery finishing off its highs at its highs Intra day was up eight percent, but it is the number one gainer in the NASDAQ one hundred, number two gainer in the S and P five hundred, finishing the day up about four and a half percent. Here you know the story, Paramount Skydance launching a hostile takeover bit for Warner Brothers Discovery thirty dollars a share in cash, and that's just days after the company greed to a deal with Netflix. The offer value Warner Brothers at one hundred and eight point four billion including debt. I mean the race is on, the bidding is on. We'll see where this one lands. Paramouts guid Dance, that was your number one gainer in the S and P five hundred. That's stock up nine percent in today's session.
Speaker 1: The differential between what Netflix is offering and what Paramount is offering is phenomenal to me. And I'm trying to think of the last time we saw a major merger and acquisition deal where you had two bidders that far apart in terms of what they were.
Speaker 3: Offering and ain't done yet. So we'll continue to keep an eye on that one, and Nvidia certainly some help in terms of supporting the equity trade, that one finishing off its highs of the day, but still with a one point seven percent gain. We did see Semaphore coming out siding a person with knowledge of this that and Video will soon be allowed to export it's h two hundred chips to China. US Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnix said to support the plan again according to Semaphore, So some outperformance in that name. And just one more chip name I want to mention, Broadcom Avgo is the techer, is the ticker, it's the number four gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred. So some reporting on this. Broadcom was up on a disputed report that Microsoft is in talks to move it's custom chip. Business Information reported late Friday that Microsoft is in discussions with Broadcom to design future custom chips, which would be a move away from its alliance with Marvel.
Speaker 4: Marvel Marvel, but a disputed report.
Speaker 3: A disputed report anyway. But Broadcom shares up about two point eight percent.
Speaker 1: To let sure to point Outrocom expected to report earnings it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's up about seventy three percent year to date as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, here are some of the losers. Netflix obviously is down again today. This is a puzzler to me, and I don't know if you guys have figured it out, but when Netflix put in its official bid last week, it was down, and in fact, it's been down every day for four trading sessions in a row. When Paramount comes out with a hostile offer, it's up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's like, Paramount investors want them to spend over one hundred billion dollars please, and Netflix bidders are like, or investors are like, that's maybe too much.
Speaker 5: We were actually just talking about this. We didn't land on a conclusion, but Romane did point out that you take a look at Paramount shares last week, just what they were doing on Friday Thursday. They haven't exactly climbed out of this hole. But I do also think it's curious, Matt that you are seeing shares rise seven percent on a hostile bid, but go figure.
Speaker 4: So air Products is another one off today. Air Products down after it said it's working with Yara International out of Norway to establish a long term partnership on a pair of ammonia PT projects in the US and Saudi Arabia. Potentially a sale in the works there, and that's what has investors selling the shares. Procter and Gamble shares not a huge drop in P ANDNG, but a couple of different analysts at Barkley's and at Deutsche Bank said that they've met with executives at P and G recently and they were encouraged to bring their estimates down. So that's not great news. And then Marvel Technology those shares getting decimated today after a benchmark company cut its recommendation to a hold from a buy on expected lost business from Amazon. Also, they're being pressured after the company was not included in the newest additions to the S and P five hundred index. And we love those rotation trades.
Speaker 2: The stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.