Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid Verbo.
Speaker 2: I'm that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for Dake Edith State.
Speaker 1: Is that whoo whoom?
Speaker 2: And Dan and Tye.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Solid Burbo boys and girls. My name is ty Hildebrand, joining me as always over there in a beautiful New York city. My man, the one and only his name is Dan Rubinstein, Sir, how are you, Ty?
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. We have Army Navy now in the rear view mirror, which means officially, the FBS regular season has come to a close, right it is Dounzo officially, Yes, officially Donzo. And you know it's always a long slog. You know the season we you know, we start previewing July, early August. We had a week zero this season.
Speaker 1: You're telling me, man, I'm running here. Yeah, I just ty.
Speaker 2: I look back and I say, it looks like we made it. It. Look how far we've come. We took the long way we did, but we knew we'd get here someday. And all the doubters, all the doubters said, but they'll never make it. But look at us, Ty holding on me and you were still together, still going strong. Shania Twain, you steal the one. You steal the one. H Yeah, correct.
Speaker 1: I wanted you to go through the full thing just so everybody could hear. Yeah, the artistry that is Shania Twain. You're still the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yes, it's a season is over. It's it's been a season. It was a lot of fun this year. Of course we added the two's cruise, which made it a little bit more labor intensive on our end, but nonetheless still a lot of fun. And here we are. So what we're doing today. We do have some news to get through. There were a few awards that were handed out in the last few days. There's also some coaching news which you're going to touch base one and then we're going to dive into Bowl Confidence Pool season. We've got a lot of exciting things going on on that front. So why don't we start at the very top with our pregnant.
Speaker 2: Boo.
Speaker 1: We have a Heisman Trophy winner. It is not exactly a huge surprise if you were following college football at all this season, especially the latter half of the season, but congratulations to our boy, Joe Dirt Joe Burrow a record setter. Now he wins the Heisman Trophy. He earned the highest margin of victory ever in the bouting, the most first place votes ever. He shatters the previous mark back in nineteen sixty eight when OJ Simpson won by a margin of seventeen hundred and fifty points. Joe Burrow won by eighteen hundred and forty six. There was no doubt he was going to be the one that one. Good for him, you know, he makes the move over from Ohio State, takes a chance on LSU, got the gig last year, really zoomed into a different stratosphere during the twenty nineteen season. Is going to go very highly in the draft. It's been a great story from start to finish, and it's not finished yet. He still could have two games left, yes, and a really heartfelt speech. I thought in watching what Joe Burrow had to say about his season and his path and where he comes from. And I think he called it Southeast Ohio at the Athens area. So very cool to see.
Speaker 2: I saw somebody post, somebody that works in college football recruiting that they posted a DM he sent. I'm like two thousand and eleven or twenty thirteen saying I'm not really just I'm not getting that much traction. What camps should I be going to? And just to see where he came from and where he has evolved into it's pretty crazy and well earned, well deserved, absolutely, so congratulations to him. Congratulations to the other three finalists as well. Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Chase Young all deserve much praise as well for wonderful seasons and none of their stories are over yet because they're all in the college football playoffs, which we are going to preview.
Speaker 1: A few shows from now, So do stay tuned. Any other awards that you'd like to run through?
Speaker 2: Sure real quick? We can mention that the Maxwell also went to Joe Burrow. That's Player of the Year, Davey O'Brien Joe Burrow best Quarterback, the Doak Walker Reward. Somehow Jonathan Taylor was able to take it without being a Heisman finalist who could have even imagined the best running back. The Bolitnikoff goes to Jamar Chase, Joe Burrow's best receiver at LSU. The John Mackie for best tight End, Harrison Bryant, who we will discuss his team here shortly at FAU the b Nark Best defensive player overall, Chase Young makes sense. The butt gets best linebacker Isaiah Simmons, who was everywhere for Clemson this season. The Thorpe Award for Best dB, Grant de But at LSU, who at a good year. I don't you know, there were there were some down moments, but still at his best is an incredible safety. Uh Tyler Battish. I hope I pronounced that correctly. Best center, the Rimington the Outland went to official left tackle of the solid verbal Penay Sewel at Oregon. Sure that was a hotly contested one. The Louke Groza for best kicker, the bespectacled Rodrigo Blankenship at Georgia. And the best punter, Max Duffy at Kentucky, who just has an absolute I was gonna say cannon for a Holitzer, So Holitzer Holitzer for foot. So a lot of well earned awards for those guys. And if we want to talk about coaching stuff, if I don't know, sure the carousel sounds I have it here? You go, Okay, you're so quick, get the roar, in there there would go hard. Yeah, it's difficult for me to remember exactly what we touched on. Did We mentioned the Chip Long thing Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: We mentioned that Chip Long and Notre Dame had mutually parted ways.
Speaker 2: He was thought of to be a Memphis candidate, I believe from his time obviously coaching there, But Memphis has named They've taken the interim tag off of Ryan Silverfield is the new head coach of Memphis. Ron Duggins, I believe, is how you pronounced wide receiver coach Florida State. He is being retained at Florida State by Mike Norvell and his staff. Blake Gideon, you remember that name. I do. Blake Gideon, I think well regarded, young up and coming coach. He was obviously a safety at Texas. He is joining Lane Kiffin's staff. Zach Hill has been hired away from Boise State. Their offensive coordinator is joining herm Edwards in that same position at Arizona State. Jeff Haffley is the new head coach at Boston College. I saw that he is the co defensive coordinator and secondary coach. Incredibly well regarded. He was with the forty nine ers a couple of years before that for Ohio State, and he takes over at Boston College. Has a long career, actually not a short career, but an impressive one in the Northeast especially, but has NFL experienced. Marcus Arroyo, the offensive coordinator at Oregon, has been hired by UNLV. We'll still coach in the Rose Bowl, but it's it's a nice hire. I think I had my problems with the Oregon offense. I don't think they fully fall on him. He's known to be a pretty great recruiter and I think he's a People seem to like him, so hopefully he succeeds at UNLV. Took place that's tough to win. Matt Luke to Georgia, the ole Miss coach, will be making nine hundred thousand dollars to coach the Georgia offensive line. He maybe also be an associate head coach for the Dogs. Tracy Clays who you remember from his time most recently at Washington State as defensive coordinator. Before stepping down, he was at Minnesota as an interim and then head coach. He has joined Virginia Tech as a linebackers coach. Okay, so there's that so putting together a nice post Bud Foster staff On that defense, Barry Odom looks like he will be joining the Arkansas staff for Sam.
Speaker 1: Pittman defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: As a defensive coordinator in Barry Odom is a stud of a defense.
Speaker 1: He's a really good defensive coordinator and that that should be music to Arkansas fans' ears because defense has been a bit of a liability to say the least.
Speaker 2: Lane Kiffin has hired away the UCF offensive coordinator, Jeff Leby, and he's bringing over his strength coach with him as well from fau Wilson Love to ole Miss. Outside of that, I mean, I don't know if do we mention Eli Drinkwitz to Miszoo.
Speaker 1: I think we mentioned that on the last show. I was just going to throw in one final tidbit that the one and only Tommy Reese will be calling plays for Notre Dame in the camping world.
Speaker 2: Tom Tom, can you really make an adjustment post playing to your first name?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, He's still Tommy to me. I know if he gets the gig, we can resurrect the resis sound no pun intended, but he's a young guy. So he's been in the Notre Dame program for a while now, he's well thought of in the coaching ranks. He's going to get chanced a big job though. Man, he's never called plays before. We'll see he is the son of a coach. We've heard that a thousand times. We'll see how he does in that Bowl game and we'll see where Notre Dame decides to go longer term. But if you hear his name and you wonder what's going on. Because Chip Long is no longer with the team, Tommy Reese is going to get his crack at call in some plays.
Speaker 2: That's too big a job for him though to take full time, right, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We could talk about that at some other point in time. Any other news that we need to discuss here anything.
Speaker 2: Finally, Nick Saban is out and about recruiting because signing day is in like three days. So we'll discuss signing day as we get into more Bowl previews. And you know, it's the early signing day, but it's kind of the real signing day with some stragglers in February. So yep, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: So here is the way that this works. First and foremost. If you haven't subscribed to the show yet, please do so. Anywhere you get your podcasts you can find the Solid Verbal. You can also follow us across all of our social media channels. There's also a subreddit at soliverbal dot reddit dot com, where our boy Peter recently posted that I, yes, yours truly won the Fantasy Things conceiations. Thank you. I owe it to God in the troops as I always do.
Speaker 2: Do you get on like eye slide sandals as part of a congratulatory gift suite experience.
Speaker 1: It's a very natural tie in that you did there. That is a professional tie into what we are doing today.
Speaker 2: Is it not? I try a little segue.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, Today we are embarking upon our five part Bowl preview. So there are a bunch of games to discuss. There are forty one that if you go on out to your Bowl confidence pool you have a chance to select. There are forty Bowl games and then the forty first is obviously the national Championship. What we have done is set up our confidence pool. You can go to solid verbal dot com slash pick them, or you can just go to our website and at the very top and the yellow banner, you'll see a link where you can click through and you can sign up for the pool. The way that this works is you pick winners, and then after you pick the winners, you assign confidence points to each of those winners. So, for example, if you are very very comfortable with selecting Notre Dame over Iowa State and you are the most confident in that game, put forty one points on it. The least confident game that you pick, you put one point on. Very simple, you just rank them from forty one on down in terms of your confidence. Now, this year, what we have done is we have up the ante a little bit.
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 1: Our friends over at Rollback are throwing in some gift cards to the top three.
Speaker 2: Wow. I like that.
Speaker 1: Finishers in the Bowl pool you can get in I think twice. I've got a cap on twice. You can enter two if you one. But going out to cliverble dot com slash pick them. We do this every year. We're going to be previewing these games in waves. It dawned to me that despite we knew we were gonna be doing the show for a while, I don't actually have a Bowl confidence pool. Or bowl, pool, bowl anything sound, which meant I just I picked two randomly off the shelf that we could go with. Now, okay, we're gonna have to play December to Remember at some point, because of course that's sort of our unofficial theme for the month of December. But I have two here. You can tell me which one you prefer. Here's a orderlinerot again ironic.
Speaker 2: Orderline erotica.
Speaker 1: So that's the old Brett Beelama sound, and it is labeled here in our file as borderline erotic dash no turkey because there used to be a gobble at the end, and at some point or another I must have chopped the turkey portion off it so we could it was for.
Speaker 2: November, and you that's just dumb, dumb decision by on your part.
Speaker 1: The other one here, and I have no idea why I have this sound, but I believe this is a book It commercial from nineteen ninety two. Book It is a reading incentive program that encourages young people to read, support your children's It's like a full forty five second clip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say we'd still gone here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I don't know which one we want to assign to this specific Bowl previous show, but this is Bowl Previews Show number one. We're going to be previewing games from the Celebration Bowl on the twentieth of December all the way through the Quick Laying Bowl on December twenty sixth. So this is our biggest batch of games that will be previewing at once. As I said, we've got a couple of these that are forthcoming, but we're going to jump right out of the shoot here talking about a dozen games or so.
Speaker 2: Dan, I think we should just hop in the bull barge, the bull boat, the bull boat, keep it nautically themed all the way through. Just commit to the bit. If that is the is that that's the general theme of our twenty nineteen season. I think we just commit to the nautical bit all the way through.
Speaker 1: We can do that, Okay, Okay. So I have a couple rules that I like to follow in confidence pools. Okay, I have a bit of a formula, and I know you do too, But let me tell you my three rules when it comes to picking these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that you call it a formula, and it's completely subjective, completely subjective. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first rule is what I call the East Coast Elliott Rule East Coast Elliott, formerly a fixture on the show. Not sure if Elliott still listens. Definitely still live, Definitely still a wild card. Yeah, but not as big a part of the show as he used to be anyway. Great dude, mediocre speller, medio, very mediocre speller.
Speaker 2: That is correct. Yeah, but my.
Speaker 1: Friend Elliott has long had this theory that I have adopted as my own, and his theory is that in confidence pools you should load up on your points early. I like that, all right. So by default, if you go in there soliverbo dot com slash pick them and you sign up, you're going to see that the system will number the early games with your least amount of confidence and the later games with your most amount of confidence. It basically just numbers them in chronological order from one to forty one. All I'm saying is to reverse that, or at least most of that. People don't know as much about the teams in the earlier games, so they tend to load up on the later games, which I've always found to be more of a toss up. So what I'm saying is just reverse the curse. Put a lot of your points early, try to front load it. Get them early, especially if you're in a smaller confidence pool. The one we're doing is going to have a couple thousand entries, But if you're in like an office pool or you've got thirty people, load up on your points early, get them early. Try to get as many points as you can before December the twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do your own version of cheesing. Do your own version of fantasy baseball, loading up on closers where you just like have a strategy and you stick to it. Yeah, committing to the bit. Get your points early. So that's the first rule.
Speaker 1: The second is if a team lost its coach, pick the opponent. Okay, not in every case, but consider it. Consider it if there's a monster injury. We've got this newer thing now last couple of years where guys are skipping their bowl games. Don't know if that's gonna happen, but if it does, consider that as well.
Speaker 2: We've seen some cam Akers has decided to sit out the Florida State Bowl Game. So yeah, so there's some big names that are sitting out.
Speaker 1: Can consider that. And then the third thing is just in general, pick the team that wants it more. Unless it's a total mismatch, and that's an important qualifier that pertains to my perdew Auburn situation from a here gootyright, I read too much into that. But this won't come as much into play this wave, but definitely as we get into more Power five games, I think it's going to be more of a factor. Those are my only three rules.
Speaker 2: Okay, I generally I like the early games being worth more in the confidence pool. I have not signed up and addressed my confidence numbers, so I'll do that the next show. But I mean I have game picks and stuff like that, and so I am ready to roll upon. Well, we should also mention Navy murdered Army.
Speaker 1: They actually did. You just got thirty one to seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was closerly, but nyve just putting an exclamation point on a pretty remarkable comeback season after a down twenty eighteen. And I know it was Malcolm Perry rushed for over three hundred yards, set records for the midshipman and you know, I know you like to take those points, but it was it was a hell of a second half, especially for Navy.
Speaker 1: Let's start at the top. December the twentieth. It's on ABC. It is North Carolina A and T at eight and three. It is al Korn State at nine and three. They call this one the Celebration Bowl. It's a wonderful tradition. Yeah, North Carolina A and T is a two and a half point favorite here, Dan, So what I said at the top about putting a ton of points on some of these early games, I'm not gonna put forty one on this, but I'm gonna put thirty five. Well, I'm gonna put it on North Carolina A and T.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are more balanced team. I just read up a little bit, watched a couple of clips. I'm going with the the Aggies over the braves here.
Speaker 1: It is the fourth straight time that North Carolina A and T has been in this game, so they've got some familiarity with it. They've got a great rushing attack, a good defense. Okay, thirty five points, go hard or go home. Let's just get it, get it out there, let's get our thirty five points. Let's survive in advance.
Speaker 2: This is the full testament to your our theory. Because I don't believe you've watched, because I haven't a single second of North Carolina A and T thirty five points. Is faith in the formula.
Speaker 1: I did a lot faith in the formula, that's right. I did a lot of research.
Speaker 2: On this game.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, great, more so than I could put in the words. I did a lot of research on it. I feel pretty good about ant.
Speaker 2: Next bowl game.
Speaker 1: The makers wanted Bahamas Bowl Dan, Yes, what is makers wanted? Oh?
Speaker 2: I can google it though.
Speaker 1: I believe it's a type of liqueur, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, there's makers mark.
Speaker 1: I believe it's a type of the core a liqueur.
Speaker 2: As opposed to a liquor. Makers wanted is Uh? We probably do this every year. Is it the Is it a business park in Illinois? Oh?
Speaker 1: I think it is a business park in Illinois. Sponsoring a bowl game in the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think we discussed this every year. I'm looking at a but yes, the Bahamas Bowl is in Nasau.
Speaker 1: Why did I think it was liquor?
Speaker 2: I think you got the makers mark part of.
Speaker 1: It makers wanted? Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Elk Grove Village is a village located in northeastern Illinois, adjacent to O'Hare International. The village, as part of its quote makers wanted campaign announced they will be taking over its naming rights sponsorship of the Bahamas Bowl. How do they want It? Is like the slogan, it's the tagline.
Speaker 1: How did they have the coin to sponsor the Bahamas Bowl?
Speaker 2: I just don't think it costs that much. I just don't believe it does.
Speaker 1: This one is also on December the twentieth. It's on ESPN. It's Buffalo. The Bulls are seven and five and a six and a half point favorite over Charlotte. Yeah, Charlotte is also seven and five. Now, both teams had much better second halves of their season. Charlotte's actually on a five game winning streak coming into the Bahamas Bowl. This is one of those games where I think both teams want it. I can't look at this game and say, oh, well, there's one team where this game means way more to them. No, I think both want it. It is worth noting that Will Healey didn't he announce this bullbit wearing a bunch of scuba gear.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he also just got a contract extension, So it's good time to be Will Healey and the Charlotte forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: He's an up and coming coach. They've got a really good offense, and they're especially good on the ground. My issue with taking Charlotte here is that Buffalo is just so much better on defense. They're so good on defense. Yeah, and that, to me, I think is probably the biggest difference. So I went back and forth here. I'm not going to go crazy with like forty points on Buffalo, but I think I go Buffalo outright thirty confidence points. If I were a betting man, I'd probably bet on Charlotte. But wow, Buffalo outright thirty confidence points. Yeah, it's a high level confidence for me. And you're right, Buffalo has the impressive defense in this game. They have a duo of thousand yard rushers. Finished the season winning five of sex, five of sex, five of six.
Speaker 2: Oh ty, where's my mind? They beat Temple, they beat Central Michigan. These are quality enough teams, and the Charlotte forty nine or defense, which as part of a really fun story this year, still pretty rough. That defense, especially against the run. So it's a bad matchup. But they beat Marshall after losing four straight, and we talked about the way both of these teams finish out the year. Chris Reynolds is a fun dual threat at quarterback for the forty nine ers and Alex Highsmith, former walk on to Charlotte and has had an incredible season as an edge rusher and is a draft prospect. But I have Buffalo winning this by about ten points, and it should be noted. Yeah, there is a gift suite for the players in this game. I mean gifts includes board shorts, a Yetti rambler, which I really do like my Yeddi Rambler, which was a Bowld gift for us. You get a towel, you get a pine a string backpack I think from the Tropical Smoothie Cafe, which appears to be a Bowl sponsor of another game.
Speaker 1: Wait, they're sponsoring the next Bowl game.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm seeing on the list Tropical Smoothie Cafe, string backpack.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't Tropical Smoothie sponsor the Bahamas Bowl?
Speaker 2: It feels like a better fit. It does.
Speaker 1: Tropical Smoothie is doing the Frisco Bowl, which we're going to talk about next. M hm. Could they just not outbid makers wanted?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you have contracts where you just you know, you got to wait your turn.
Speaker 1: If they switch places, it would make perfect sense for both.
Speaker 2: But who am I happens?
Speaker 1: Who am I?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Just alowly podcaster we go, we both got buffalo to the tune of many confidence points.
Speaker 2: Correct, Let's go to.
Speaker 1: The Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl. I hear ads for this place, actually, now that I think about it on Serious XM. One of those deals that they're trying to get you to buy into the franchise. Oh so full on store ads, full on ads here. This one is also on December of the twentieth. It's on ESPN. Two is Utah State at seven and five. It is Kent State at six and six. Utah States a seven point favorite. And I think the notable tidbit is that Jordan Love, the star quarterback for the Utah State Aggies. We talked about him on I don't Know a show a week and a half ago, how he's probably going to enter the transfer portal. Nope, he is going to go pro instead, So he's not in the transfer portal. He's going pro. He is playing in this game, which tells me that he is hungry to prove himself for any pro scouts that might be watching. He's a big kid, he's a good quarterback and I like Utah State a lot here because of that, I think he's got something to prove. Kent State.
Speaker 2: Good on them.
Speaker 1: It's only their fourth ever bowl game. They've never won a bowl game, so they will be hungry here. I don't think this is a motivational type thing, but I take Jordan Love. I take his pro prospects in him wanting to eat in this bowl game. Gimme Utah State and thirty nine confidence points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Utah State is who I am rolling with as well. They finished the season winning three oh four. It was a tough transition with Gary Anderson returning, but they still beat San Diego State and Wyoming, which are totally decent wins. It feels weird to say because Jordan Love showed so much last season. This was a below average offense and a below average defense, especially up front, So I'm not crazy confident in Utah State in the Aggies. But Ken State tight wins over Buffalo and Ball State. They played, they had a trio of crazy I think it was Auburn, Wisconsin, and Arizona State. Their defense is pretty bad, so I think I'm gonna go with the quarterback edge here, So yeah, I'm gonna go with Utah State maybe in the twenties, confidence Wise and TI so we agree. Gift suite includes a Justin cowboy hat. Should you know this is Frisco, Texas and also the home of the FCS Championship game. You gotta get a football. You get a college Football one hundred and fiftieth anniversary coin, a lapel pin, a beanie, and something called a Blingwear cup. I looked up Blingwear and I was like, Oh, this is a It feels like a really good idea for you know, drinking glasses and stuff like that. Maybe they all look like little trophies like a mini Stanley cup you can drink your coffee out of. Yeah, what a smart thing. It's just cups that fix a ring like a championship ring to them, so you could like hold the cup by the ring. Opportunity like a ring pop, but only for cups. So you can imagine a handle on a mug.
Speaker 1: Right right, like brass attached to a mug.
Speaker 2: Imagine a very small championship like a championship ring used as the handle, so you can only fit a finger in there to use as a finger or a handle. So that's what you're getting if you are a Utah State or ken State player in the Frisco Ball.
Speaker 1: So there there is a company that makes just those cups and that's the business.
Speaker 2: Sing where Tropical Smoothie Cafe did some digging while you were previewing your side of this game. Yeah, and you think to yourself, a Smoothie Cafe. That must be man, You're just you're watching your figure. You know, you want to get some vegetables and some fruits and some super foods into your diet. There's a lot of bacon on the Tropical Smoothie Cafe. Really club sandwiches, yes, breakfast burritos.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're really.
Speaker 2: Something for everybody, I suppose at the Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
Speaker 1: I mean, if this podcast thing doesn't work out, we could get a franchise.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: I know a guy, I know a number. I hear it all the time. All right, now, what's going on Utah State? Right? We then we go to the New Mexico Bowl. This Bowl doesn't have a sponsor, does it.
Speaker 2: No? Not, No longer do they have a sponsor after what they went through.
Speaker 1: So December twenty first, this one is the day after It's on ESPN at San Diego State at nine and three. It is Central Michigan at eight and five. The Astechs are a three and a half point favorite here. Now you know my stance in San Diego State. I like them more than you. Every year they're like my Stanford. This year is no different. Like always, They're really good on defense. The metrics view their defense as a top twenty unit on a per play basis, which is notable. The most anyone has scored on them all year was twenty three points, and that was a close loss to Utah State. The problem is that the offense does legitimately stink. It's real bad. One of the great half teams this season is San Diego State, but the defense is just so high level that I question how Central Michigan gets any forward tractions. So I think it's low scoring. I wouldn't want to touch the point spread, but I like San Diego State. They have done well by me in past bowl seasons. So thirty eight points on the app, I'm committing to the bit.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I like that. I like that confidence. Yeah, you're right about San Diego State. Another year where it appears that Rocky Long exclusively recruits defensive players. They're great and the mean. The ones who get beat out are just assigned offense. It's a bunch of linebackers on the offensive line, and they obviously with Rashad Penny and Don L. Pumphrey, have recruited running backs pretty well. Jawan Washington, They're starting running back is questionable. In this game. San Diego State beat a decent enough BYU team Wyoming and Ucla, which is an impressive thing to do for San Diego State. They can really offensively, only they get some underneath passing going. It's not a great watch. But Central Michigan they finished the year strong. They win three of four and it's an improved year. Still a ways to go. And when you deep dive some of these seasons for the early Bowl games, you see a lot of Okay, let's see what type of S and P or SP plus teams they beat number one twenty seven, number one twenty nine, number one twenty three, number one nineteen, So building that sort of resumes, I guess the first step for Central Michigan, Quentin Dormandy, you'll remember from his time at Tennessee and brief stopover at Houston, is their starting quarterback. A very strong HAVOCD. They force fumbles, they get after the quarterback tackles for loss. Good against the run. I like Central Michigan and I like their story, but I have seventeen thirteen San Diego State.
Speaker 1: It feels right.
Speaker 2: This one that feels right. Yeah, I believe San Diego State also lost a game fourteen to eleven. If you're a.
Speaker 1: Stated scores, I love that eleven score one you.
Speaker 2: And the New Mexico Bowl is giving away Oakley Wholebrook sunglasses. There is a gift suite, an Oakley gearbox, backpack, a beanie, and a water bottle. Okay, hydrate, everybody, hydrate. So decent enough.
Speaker 1: Also on December twenty, first the FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl h CBS Sports Network. It's Georgia Southern at seven and five. It is Liberty at seven and five. Georgia Southern is a five point favorite. They are undefeated in bowl games since joining the FBS ranks. I guess they're two to zeroe. A whole lot to pull from there, but they're an option team and an option team, frankly, is a really bad matchup for Liberty, which is awful against the run as defensive unit. I like Liberty's passing game very solid, been solid all year. The Georgia Southern secondary also leaves a lot to be desired, but I think I like that matchup of the Southern option against the Liberty lack of a run defense option more than I like anything else here. So Georgia Southern thirty seven points, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Wow. Impressive season for Georgia Southern. They won six of eight to finish out the year, including beating app State in boone on ESPN Big Game. They pushed Minnesota early, as you'll remember. I think they lose that one by They lost that by a couple points. The quarterback is Shy Wertz, who has been around for a little bit, and they run a really fun it's like a shotgun option type look, so not your traditional under center. Maybe it's a shoption, sure whatever. They defend the run pretty well, not so much against the pass. I like that Liberty has at least a little bit of time to prepare for a different type of offense. Liberty sort of limped to the finish. They did beat Buffalo. The rest of their schedule sort of fluff. I know they played two FCS teams. I believe they run the ball. Well, you mentioned the passing game, Antonio Gandy Golden really good fun watch, big receiver setting records. I actually have Liberty winning this game real. I think their defense is a little bit better, So I'm going to go with Liberty. I have at thirty to twenty four taking down the Cure Ball.
Speaker 1: What's our gift situation here?
Speaker 2: Orlando is the home of the Cure Bowl, and I believe of FBC mortgage. So you'll be walking away with a watch, a Bluetooth backpack, a Bluetooth Bluetooth backpack, backpack, I'm not sure what that means. Wow, a warm up jacket and pants, a sport tech long sleeve T shirt, a midfit structured hat, and pebble beach slides.
Speaker 1: Pebble beach slides.
Speaker 2: Pebble beach slides.
Speaker 1: Is that the new eye slide?
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell you, but I can google pebble beach slides. It's a sandal, Okay, that's what it appears to be.
Speaker 1: A lot of competition in that sandals market.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: We disagree. Moving on this, go to the Cherubundi Boker A toone Bowl. Dan h also on December twenty first on ABC, it is SMU at ten and two. It is FAU at ten and three. SMU is a three point favorite in this game, Daniel, So here we go, Here we go. The metrics say that this game's about as dead even as you were gonna get. But in keeping with the theme here, if I want to fully commit to the bit FA you lost Lin kiffinto ole Miss. SMU was potentially going New Year's six not too long ago. They've been a team we followed pretty closely all year long. Yeah, I like FAU a lot here, and I really went back and forth on which direction I wanted to go, But the one thing I kept coming back to was I just I feel like SMU is going to care a little bit more. I feel like they've got something to prove, and they've been pretty solid all year.
Speaker 2: Liked FAU a lot.
Speaker 1: I like FA No. I like Here's what I'm saying. I like FAU a lot. I like their story. They've had a good year. They have solid players, but they lost their coach. They did, they lost their coach, and so I'm going against them primarily because of that, and also because I think SMU has more motivation to try and prove something here. So let's go SMU. Not as crazy as some of the other games that I've been picked, but still thirty one confidence points and keeping with the bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like SMU as well. I mean, the FAU thing is interesting because they're playing in their home stadium. Exactly is it's a road I guess it's a road favorite, so it's a home dog that you are going against. It was an uneven end to the season for SMU, but they still finish ten and two. That's pretty great. It's a big play offense. They were better through the air. Xavier Jones was really good on the ground for them. James proche was you know, continues to be a very good receiver. Patrick Nelson a total wrecking ball. And this is one of the things that I like about having a little bit of time to catch up on games that I didn't necessarily see and players I didn't necessarily get a chance to watch. Patrick Nelson is incredible for SMU, sort of a hybrid linebacker safety type, smaller linebacker, but all over the place. This is a big time havoc defense for the Mustangs. They will gamble and miss, give up some big plays, but I really liked watching them this season and FAU. They win ten of eleven to finish out the season. Another big play offense, so that could be a potential bad matchup for smu the best turnover margin in the nation. Liked Fau's linebackers a lot as I watched some clips of them, so I really wanted to take FAU. The coach thing hurts the fact that they're not, you know, traveling and get a big Bowl experience. I say thirty eight to thirty three smu Here so maybe in the twenties confidence wise.
Speaker 1: Lot of good players in this game, which made it hard for me to pick and apply my little formula because I really like what FAU has. But gonna go smu Here thirty one points.
Speaker 2: And this is what the Boca. I don't Hoca Ratone Bowl. I don't have a gift situation for the Boca Ratone Bowl.
Speaker 1: All the tart cherries you can eat from Cherubundie.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can get a bunch of tart and cherry juice, but I didn't see it listed here.
Speaker 1: It's great for gout. Okay, moving on the Chamellee Bowl December the twenty first, on ESPN, The Arkansas State red Wolves at seven and five the FIU Golden Panthers. I believe at six and six. Arkansas State comes into this one a two and a half point favorite. I went back and forth here. I've only got ten points on this. I have no idea who to pick. What I like about FIU is that they've got a good secondary, and it's their quarterbacks last game, so there's gonna be some motivation. But I think otherwise they didn't really beat anybody this year, like at all, and that's worrisome to me. I think Arkansas State's probably the better team here, and I was leaning in that direction. But quarterbacks, last game, good secondary, I'm gonna go FIU. I'm only gonna put ten confidence points on it, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not bad. I understand where your head is at Arkansas State wins four or five. They're a big passing team. Their defense okay, kind of below average. Laine Hatcher was a pretty promising fresh and a quarterback Omar Bayless total stud for same time. Dude loved watching him. He was the Sunbelt Offensive Player of the Year. I think you're you're right on FYU. They beat up on a bunch of bad teams. They ended the season in a bit uneven fashion, but they beat Miami. I'm gonna go Arkansas State here thirty one twenty Yeah, okay, I get it. They're they're comfortably better. FIU is just weird year and weird gift suite situation kind chamelliable as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do we got?
Speaker 2: You got a fossil watch and ESPN branded Samsonite rolling bag and beanie. Is that like a rolling backpack because it doesn't sound like a rolling suitcase.
Speaker 1: So I've got my rolling bag that we got from one of our bull stops, right, and I use it every time we go to a different bowl game. Yeah, I use that thing religiously. You get used out of it if it's like a rolling backpack or just free. Luggage in general is always pretty stellar in these gift suites.
Speaker 2: And then a football. Okay, that's it. Not bad.
Speaker 1: The luggage is key there.
Speaker 2: The luggages. Yeah, if you get used out of it.
Speaker 1: Sure. Also on the twenty first, a big day of bowl games, the mid Subishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl on ABC. It is Washington Huskies at seven and five. It is the Boise State Broncos at twelve and one. Washington is a three and a half point favored in the Chris Peterson Bowl, which is effectively what this is dan a close relative of a team losing its coach to another team is a successful coach randomly retiring and becoming an administrator. Yeah, I didn't right the rules for this one, but it feels like it also somehow applies here. I think because of that, Washington's got a lot to play for. I also think Washington may be demonstrably better than Boise State. Like Boise State a lot here, but it feels to me like Washington may be undervalued in this matchup a three and a half point favorite. If I were a betting man, I'd be inclined to lock up Washington, okay and go all in on the Huskies here. I like them a lot in the spot. I think Chris Peterson final game, the whole nine yards thirty three points give me the Huskies to win and win by about ten to eleven points.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there is a let's win this for Coach Peterson elements in the Vegas Bowl, Like I understand, if it's happening in the Rose Bowl, it's going out on a high. Boise State is a very good team. They did lose to BYU. I think that was with Chase Kord starting at quarterback. It was not a Hank Bachmeyer or Jalen Henderson project. Sure, yeah, I think Boise State is going to struggle with Washington's defense. I think Jalen Henderson will struggle throwing into the teeth of that defense. I worry because I did watch that Oregon Boise State Vegas Bowl. When it's happening during we have signing day coming up. Coaching transition, Jimmy Lake probably has his hand in a bunch of different buckets trying to figure out the next phase of Washington football. As Chris Peterson is still trying to go out beat Boise State. I don't know. I went back and forth. Boise State loses Zach Hill, their offensive coordinator. He will not be coaching this game as he takes over at Arizona State the same job. I think I'm gonna go with. I think I'm gonna lean Washington still, I think they're gonna go out on a high. I think they're going to even though they ended the season what losing at Colorado, and obviously they're always gonna beat Washington State. But yeah, I think I'm gonna go with Washington here by a few points. I just think there are probably too many ways for them to win, and I don't think I fully trust Boise State's offense.
Speaker 1: The gift suite for the Vegas Bowl should be pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: It should.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it is, but it should.
Speaker 2: Be socks of beanie and a portable charger or what the gift suite at least include. Okay, Also, if you're going to this game, if you're a Washington fan or a Boise fan, lotus of Siam great Thai food in Vegas, off the strip. It's an actual you know, you're not dealing with the glitz and glamour. I've heard really good things about Well, I mean Poc Poc obviously, I've been to. You can get Hattie Bees. If you're into hot chicken, there's a Vegas location. If you want a nice Italian meal, Carbone a location of the New York restaurant, you're gonna eat very well in Vegas. That's it awesome.
Speaker 1: Twenty first, the RNL carriers New Orleans Bowl.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's on ESPN. It is app state at twelve to one. It is UAB the Blazers at nine and four. App State is a healthy, a meaty, a voluptuous, seventeen point favorite. Dan Yeah, no Eli Drinkwitz. Though, no Eli Drinkwitz. He's off to Missouri. This is one of those situations where I go against the formula because I think app State's like, way better here, way better. The UAB offense is capital be bad. The app State defense is pretty good. They've been solid all year. They've been solid all year every year for the last like eight years. This point, I've got forty points on app State. I don't think there's any need to overthink it here. I would not lay the seventeen points. That's a lot in bowl season when things tend to get a little wonky. But in terms of an outright victor, give me the Mountaineers, let's put forty points on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the quarterback edge obviously goes to app State. I'm gonna go with app State big here as well. UAB just got demolished in the Conference USA championship game. FAU just took them out. I think I'm gonna go app State and yeah, couple here got it. What's their bull gift situation here in the New Orleans was RNL Carriers. Yes, it's I just see a gift suite that includes a fossil watch. Okay, so there you go. Yeah, go to uh Koshan or Koshan Butcher, anywhere you go to eat in New Orlean. It's gonna be great. It's just it's a bummer that it's not happening during crawfish season.
Speaker 1: Let's go to December twenty third.
Speaker 2: The bad boy meer is Gasparria bo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on ESPN. It is UCF at nine and three. It is Marshall at eight and four. UCF is a seventeen point favorite. Here. This is my big guy by the way, this guy, oh, this is my forty one pointer. You know. Like the Marshall defense isn't bad. It's not bad. They only lost fourteen to seven to Boise back in Week two, but that was a week after Boise knocked off Florida State, So a bit of a letdown spot for the Broncos, and just specifically with this matchup. Marshall has not seen an offense like UCF, not even close, right, I think that offense overpowers Marshall. I don't think they can score with UCF. Again, I look at seventeen normally that puts me off. In bowl season, I think UCF is three or four touchdowns better here. I like them big. I like him to the tune of forty one confidence points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have had like forty four to twenty. I think they should win comfortably. Under reported story. I mean, UCF had a pretty good season. They finished nine to three, but when they were rolling, especially at home in the game is what the game's in Tampa, so not terribly difficult to get to from Orlando. The defense for UCF this year a great havoc d and on offense, Dylan Gabriel is the name. Obviously, people have come to learn over the course of the season. So the Dylan Gabriel to Gabriel Davis Gabriel to Gabriel connection very strong and Marshall, You're right it was. There are some impressive performances and wins and losses from Thundering Herd. They finished the season winning six of seven. Brendan knox Worth watching for the Herd, but ultimately UCF I think just too talented, too fast, too all over the place.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Also, the gasp Gift suite includes n slash A. No, really, that's that's all I'm saying here.
Speaker 1: Bad boy mowers?
Speaker 2: Do you have a riding mower for year backyard?
Speaker 1: I have a Toro push mower. Toro not a sponsor.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you would qualify, Like, are you a bad boy mower or are you just kind of a good guy mower?
Speaker 1: I'm prop well, I'm probably more of a good guy mower. Yeah, a little too square to be a bad boy mower type of guy.
Speaker 2: Are there bad boy mowers on your block? Like, I'm not talking about the actual brand? Oh, we have out there.
Speaker 1: There's a guy who lives Catty Corner for me who exclusively mows his lawn at night with the headlight on on his riding mower.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, and.
Speaker 1: The thing, the thing is actually quite impressive. It zips around the yard at what feels like thirty miles an hour, so he gets it done in no time. But he only does it exclusively after let's say eight pm. Next game, let's jump ahead to Christmas Eve. Dan, Okay, I'd love to the Sofi Hawaii Bowl. They play it in Hawaii. It features Hawaii. It is BYU at seven and five. It is why at nine and five, BYU is a point and a half favorite. Was looking a little bit through BYU's resume. Dan, Yeah, what a weird year. Really weird year, right, h I remember we were talking about this team, like, uh, don't sleep on BYU. They beat Tennessee, they beat usc they beat Boise State. Those are three quality wins. Correct, Maybe not as quality as we thought at the beginning part of the year. But nonetheless, they also played and lost to Utah. They played and got mauled by Washington. It was a hell of a stretch for them, Yeah, in the early part of the season. But still to go seven and five knowing that they had that kind of AMMO on the schedule, I think is is notable. This is obviously a home game for Hawaii, yes, but keep in mind that BYU has a strong tradition pulling talent from the Pacific Islands, so maybe not quite as big a home field advantage as you might think. I think by is pretty good.
Speaker 2: BYU is decent enough. Their defense I think is ahead of their offense. They've had, you know, injury issues at quarterback these past couple of years. Yeah, I'm gonna go with BYU close here because they appear to be a little bit more balanced, you know, even beating Utah State and Liberty those are Bowl teams near the end of the schedule. Hawaii finished the season winning for a five, but their defense is the clear worst thing in this agreed, and I like that Hawaii they beat at Oregon State in Arizona early so they can their hangtime. I don't know if you have the sound is pretty decent, so yeah, I have by you winning this one close. Also a recommendation would be if you're going to this game, I don't have a specific restaurant, but try to find whoever serves the best loco moco. Do you know what that is? Locomotive, loco space mocho, no idea. Loco mocho is very popular in Hawaii. So it's a plate of I guess, steamed rice. There's lots of variations, but steamed rice and then a hamburger patty and then gravy on top of that, and then a Frida egg on top of that. Okay, So if you go out and really you really enjoy some tiki bars or whatever you're doing, BYU fans, I'm guessing won't be that hungover right, just a guess. But if you're going to this game you feel like some Loco Moco, even if it's not a hangover here, I say go for it. Loco Mocho delicious.
Speaker 1: I got twenty on BYU. I think it may also be close.
Speaker 2: I would go lower twenties, higher teens, Okay, but we agree yes. And gift wise the Hawaii Bowl, I'm seeing Kahala Aloha shirt great needs sense, need that Oakley backpack and sunglasses, performance tea, beach towel, and surf trunks. I think we've talked about this in years past. I am going to eventually be a Hawaiian shirts or at least Hawaiian shirt adjacent type person. Sure in my fifties. Yeah, I could see that. I could see that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, you get to go to Hawaii if you're in this two, which is pretty cool. Final two games here, Let's go to December the twenty six That is the walk Ons Independence Bowl on ESPN. The Miami Hurricanes are six and six and a six and a half point favorite over Louisiana Tech, which closed out the year at nine and three. So I have two sets of numbers that helped me figure out point spreads, and in both cases it should be Miami by at least ten points. The fact that it is down to six six and a half is a little curious to me. Yeah, I feel like the line is speaking to us here. And the other thing that I would add is, I know it's tempting to look at the records of the teams playing. I think the records here are very misleading. Miami clearly limped to the finish. They finished six and six on the year, really died down the stretch and losing to FIU and Duke and goodsecutive weeks. But the other games they lost against Florida, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech. We're all very close. If not for their collapse, this is probably an eight and four caliber team, all right, And I know you could say that about a lot of teams, but I just I feel like Miami is better than that six and six mark. And on the Louisiana Tech side, I think almost the exact opposite. This is more like a seven and five team, and without the offense that they've had in recent memory, I think it's a struggle bus for them to move the ball against still a really good Miami defense. So I like the Canes here. I grappled with this one a lot, but wow, gonna go Caines, gonna go thirty four confidence points and I'm not gonna think twice about it. So I'm going to take exception with a couple of points you made about Miami. Okay, Uh, losing to Georgia Tech close is not admirable.
Speaker 2: Okay. Georgia Tech are full on not good this year. Fair one might even call them bad in one of Jeff Collins and I presume that they're going to improve, but you shouldn't if you're Miami, even in your own year one, you shouldn't be losing in this version of George Tech.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there is a very six and six elements of what Miami put forth onto the football field this season. As good as their defense was and is and looked at most times of the season, I know they had some coverage bus and gave up some bigger plays, but you know the quarterback position, you have offensive line improvement and collapse and all sorts of just it was such an inconsistent year almost quarter to quarter or drive to drive six and six feels pretty appropriate. You take some good you take some bad and there it is Miami. Miami is six and six, louisianattach. They did not finish the season well themselves. They lose to Marshall and UAB, two teams that are fine, but if you want to hang with a good defense, that's troublesome. I just think there is an element of Miami wanting the season to be over once again. And with that line movement, I actually do like Louisiana tack actually has a good defense. So I think I'm gonna take them by a field goal here. Not a ton of confidence, but I'm feeling it.
Speaker 1: I went back and forth so many times in this game, and to take those points, I know, I'm putting it out there and I'm gonna take Miami mm hmm, and I'm gonna put thirty four confidence points on it.
Speaker 2: Have fun.
Speaker 1: I don't feel good about it because of my final rule, which team wants to be there more right? And I do agree with you to the extent that with the way Miami closed out its year, it really did feel like they were just trying to get this thing over with, and especially with some of the expectations coming in. Manny Diaz could he reboot the program in year one, right, that did not happen, And no, it just is like do they want to be there?
Speaker 2: So it's the day after Christmas, Day after Christmas, which means they're spending Christmas away from home, whereas the games in Shreveport, Louisiana. So maybe masier for Louisiana tech players. They're celebrating Christmas to be with family, a better place emotionally. The gift suite includes timely watch companies, watch a Beanie, A History of the Bulls, I assume book. Yeah, it's celebrating the good of the game and a football and by the way, walk Ons there's an there's a what is an apostrophe before the s, so that means it's somebody it's it's the walk Ons bar. Yeah, it's a singular person. Uh. It's also bistro with an eau x, which annoys me to no end, Okay, for no real good reason. So I don't know, man, I think I'm things are tilting. Things are tilting tech for me.
Speaker 1: Ah, I might change my mind on this one.
Speaker 2: Thirty four points on the twenty nineteen Miami team. I know, certainly I know a way to go about life. I don't know how far away Rustin is from Shreveport, but I imagine it's closer than Miami.
Speaker 1: It's like eating something late at night that just repeats on you. Miami thirty four points, Miami thirty four point. Yes, okay, I reserved the right to change my mind on that one. Okay final game Quicklane Bowl, Oh, Okay, Quicklane Bowl. Also in the twenty sixth, also on ESPN, about an hour away Rustin, Louisiana, Oka. It is Pitt at seven and five. It is Eastern Michigan at six and six. Pitt is an eleven point favorite. I looked at the numbers. It seems like a pretty big mismatch here, and if I were a betting man, I think I'd lay the points. I'm feeling a big game for Kenny Pickett. I like his ability to capitalize on a very weak Eastern Michigan secondary. Let me Pitt, give me thirty six points.
Speaker 2: A lot of people feel like Pitt was right there about to score against Virginia Tech and it just never happened because they got their asses shut out. They were right there in that twenty eight nothing. They were, you know, knocking on the door of points. They lost two of three after their second by the pitt Panthers did, including that shutout. It's a stud defense though their defensive line is so good. Jalen twineman hell of a story, hell of an alignment. So there is something to I mean, if there's anything to love in this game, and if there's any singular reason to watch this game. When you say it's a quicklane bowl, quicklane Bowl, yeah, it's it's pit up front. They are just filthy. They get after quarterbacks. They shut down teams passing, and Eastern Michigan is a passing team. They're an efficient passing team. I don't know how much more they are than that. They finish six and six, and you know, Chris Creighton, it's always gonna be a good story to get Eastern Michigan to where they are as a bowl team from where they were. It's actually this the gift suite includes in this one, I am taking pit, but I think I don't feel great confidence about them because I don't love their offense. A Best Buy gift card at JBL E five five BT over ear wireless headphones by Harmon Sticker Genius life size photo slap decal for each participant of his likeness. Beautiful, so some sort of you know, you can throw it on a wall or whatever your own face. Who doesn't like that? A hoodie, a T shirt, a palm hat. I think that's like a beanie with a little palm on top, a backpack in tag football, and a mini helmet. Quick Lane coming in with a huge buy here Detroit. Yeah, good for them. There's good food in Detroit. I've had Buddies, which is the famous Detroit pizza place, and you can get your cony islands. You're sort of like chili adjacent dogs. I don't have a speci.
Speaker 1: I'm going on a limb that there aren't a whole lot of our listeners going to the quick Lane Bowl, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: That's so. I mean, I think we have Pitt listeners.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of Detroit listeners.
Speaker 2: I know that we do have Detroit listeners, and Troit's a fun time. I've enjoyed my time in Detroit. So yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Pitt here. Also, Ty, it should be noted if we're gonna talk about Pitt having a really fun angry defense and disappointing offense, It's been an unbelievable year for head coaches with really strong defensive bona fides not being able to figure out what to do with your team on offense. So between Derek Mason and Vanderbilt between let's see Pat Fitzgerald, Will must Champ, I'm swelling through a patn oardoozy obviously is the illusion there. I'm looking Rocky long at San Diego State, Justin Wilcox at Cal he had injuries to deal with, Mark D'Antonio at Michigan State, Gary Patterson at TCU. It's boom times tie. If you have a strong defensive background and you can't really figure out your own team's offense. All right, there you go, Barry otum missouf you're on offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well that does it for our first batch of like twelve Bowl games. However, many we talk through here, don't forget to go to solid verbal dot com slash pick them. You can compete to win one of three gift cards from our friends over at Roeback. Be a ton of fun. Please do encourage everyone and anyone to get in on the bullpool, even if they don't listen to the Solid verbal So what the more the merrier. It'll be a ton of fun. We always have a good time with it. Solid Verbal dot com slash pick them is how you can get in on all the fun. Our schedule from here through the National Championship will be twice a week, so our next show will drop on Wednesday, after that Sunday after that Wednesday. I think you get the drill. We're cutting out the Tues cruise. We are shifting back to our Wednesday posting schedule. At some point after the National Championship, we'll go back to once a week as we head into the doldrums of the offseason. But for now, twice a week we're previewing bowls. We're talking about recaps, we're talking about news, and of course we're talking about gifts because that's what we do here on the show. Thank you to everyone again for tuning in. The season is officially over, but Bowl season is just getting started. Don't forget to subscribe to the show, follow us on social media, and one more time, join the bullpool. Win some gift cards from our friends over at rollback at saliverble dot com, slash pick them, pik em if you want to get in on the fun, all are welcome. It's free to play. That's all I got. That's all I have for that guy over there, my good friend Dan Rubinstein, for myself, Tie Hilton brand. We will be back on Wednesday talking more Bowl games. In the meantime, enjoy your week and by all means, stay.
Speaker 2: Solid peace in front of me. I have a flyer. It's more of a package. You hear.
Speaker 1: I can hear the paper.
Speaker 2: You can hear it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to say where this is from, but it is a supermarket chain, a national chain, which you have said is not your favorite, even though you don't have it near you.
Speaker 1: It's Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: I'm not They're not a sponsor. It's not a sponsor that's coming out of your paycheck. I have featured products and you just tell me if they if they're Molana or not Molana. People hate that game, I know, but some people love it. So Triple Ginger Brew so an extra gingery tasting ginger ale. That sounds pretty good to you.
Speaker 1: I've had that and it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is pretty good. Yeah. Hold the cone, which is a dessert where it's basically instead of a full ice cream cone. It's like two thirds the size. The ice cream is just contained within and then the top is covered in chocolate, so it's like a more of a bite sized ice cream cone situation.
Speaker 1: I would consider eating that.
Speaker 2: Vanilla, chocolate or peppermint flavors available, gingerbread coffee. No, you're out on chocolate lava niocchi. Uh how does it turned to that?
Speaker 1: No? Ty, see you're intrigued. But see what I mean exactly? No ingredients that don't belong. No, well, this is this is a breakthrough, a culinary breakthrough.
Speaker 2: What's it called again? Chocolate lava and the okie?
Speaker 1: I mean, I am curious, I am curious, curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go with mozzarella. What is that?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: A slice of low moisture mozzarella that's hand rolled with a slice of high quality Deli meats preshudo not for me. No mazza. Bacon wrapped scallops, I'm not a bacon has a brown sugar glaze on it.
Speaker 1: I love bacon, but I'm not big on scalops.
Speaker 2: So that you are not a moana on the No? No, are you big on truffle items? Ummm, I won't say big on truffle items. Okay, very big cheese bites with truffle. I like cheese bites. Sure. Do you know what a stroop waffle is? No idea. A stroop waffle is a thinly pressed waffle cookie type thing, and they make a thin cookie waffle cookie sandwich a little bit of caramel in between both of those layers.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar with Italian pitzels, which sounds somewhat similar but are probably thinner.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you would be in on that though. A strop waffle with caramel, okay, sure. A festive chocolate collection, I mean chocolate, so sure, Horse radish and shive ridge cut potato chips sounds great to me.
Speaker 1: That sounds like it could be tough to put down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that could.
Speaker 1: Bacon wrapped porketta roast, No idea what that is?
Speaker 2: You don't know what porketta is. It's like a rolled side of pork. Gotta be pork, right, Yes, it's a rolled side of pork that you slice and generally you put it into sandwich form. Yeah, I'm out. Okay, that sounds reasonable though, doesn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, I was talking specifically about the pre made section I know who you are.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm referring to. We got strip waffle ice cream sandwiches. Ty, they're all in on stroup waffles. Okay, French onion soup bites with caramelized onion and Swiss cheese.
Speaker 1: I like French onion soup. I don't know how you put that in bite size form.
Speaker 2: Hum. It's a pliable doughe wrapper, so you get it's almost like a soup dumpling tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Mini cheesecake cones, I'm down with that. Yeah, let's go select harvest curated coffee from Brazil and Uganda.
Speaker 1: I'm out amount of coffee, A taste.
Speaker 2: Of Vermont organic maple syrup gift set sound maple syrup lover in your life.
Speaker 1: It sounds more expensive than it should be. Half dipped chocolate biscotti, I'm in on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, you sound pretty molana ish right now. I'm afraid to bring up Molana. We got such angry emails from people about it.