Speaker 1: All right, time five finals Saving the evening is time of Q eight.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, before we get to our superchant, we got some video voice mails from my discord. Make sure you join the discord and submit video voice mails for us to show. This one comes from its deuce music. Let's take a list of what he had to say.
Speaker 3: Unk O Joe II shold Joe, what's happening with y'all? Fellas man? Look I go by his duce out of Atlanta, Georgia, and uh first of all almost at two million views, shout out to Nightcap. Keep it going to God be the glory. My question is for unk mister, say, say, mister Lebron lover.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know everything about the man.
Speaker 3: He's great, He's done everything in these twenty plus years in the NBA. But my question is for you who you got winning in a one on one? Lebron and his prime or Kobe Bryant and his prime. First game is to eleven, who do you got? Ball in the court, ball in the basket? Who's winning and Firsus Prime?
Speaker 1: I'm taking Lebron, Bigger, stronger.
Speaker 2: People see, people don't realize how good Lebron was at playing defense those last couple of years in Cleveland, and when he was in Miami, they just they look at him now, Joe like he's in his late thirty to talk about y'all. Remember the job that he did on d Rose was MVP. He flipped the series and Tim Dunky, he flipped the series. They would go small and he would take Tim. Timmy, I'm taking Lebron. I know Kobe is a shot maker, but I'm taking Bron. Who you got, Joe?
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, what you got?
Speaker 5: Joe?
Speaker 1: We talked about one on one? We can't talk about. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I know, I know individual skill one D one. You know what package you got? I mean, can you get to your spot? Can you create space? I mean, man, I'm going with Bean there.
Speaker 1: Bro, I already knew you.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm only going with Bean because he has more to offer offensively, especially in his prime.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean one on one, Ojo, he gonna have to be able to get stops too. Like I just I feel like I feel like I think I'm gonna probably I'm talking about one on one. Both in their prime, man, both of them was they were hell. They were hell deal with both of.
Speaker 2: And you know, but Bron had that that turnaround' Bron, Get this.
Speaker 6: People don't realize how big Lebron is. I just don't think. I just think stopping him one on one, like with his mind made up, that that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: But hell, stopping Kobe with his mind made up that that ain't no easy feed either that it ain't.
Speaker 6: It ain't no easy feed, O Joe. But I think I do. I do think they both will be able to get stops on one another. I'm probably gonna lean more toward Lebron, honestly, And I'm a Kobe I'm a huge Kobe fan, like one of my idols growing up. But Broun Broun, Broun Broun got something. You got a lot of stuff you can't teach Bro. You know, strength, he.
Speaker 2: Ain I keep everything with his left hand except shoot the basketball. You know Lebron naturally left handed, O Joe. Yeah, that would be a good one. Unfortunately we'll never know. The next one comes from Leo. Let's take a listen to what Leo had to.
Speaker 5: Say Yo nightcap on Ocho. Heyso would love to know throughout y'all's career. What part of your game got overlooked and why I'd love to hear from all three of y'all. Man, y'all the goats keep doing what you're doing. Let's hit that two million subscribers, baby, A many blessings.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it. Oh Joe, what got oldlook you asked, man? He was one of the better blockers in the league. Hey, hey, Joe, you and me Joe.
Speaker 4: I was one of the best blockers ever. Hey Joe, I ain't tell you no, Lie, I didn't even have to touch nobody. All I had to do was just run my man off and I'm taking sometimes two, sometimes three people with me. Joe, I ain't even have to do nothing, I promise you. And sometimes that's overlooked because they pay so much attention to me, Joe. I mean, all I got to do with run dudes off and pretend like I'm getting the ball and I'm faking like the ball coming and they jumping in there. You know, that gets overlooked some time. Man, that was that was a special quality in mind.
Speaker 6: I would probably say for me, Joe, it would probably be my passing, you know, my first year here in Atlanta, averaged twenty points and seven assists, and from a two guards standpoint, you two guards on average that many assists like that.
Speaker 1: So uh, I.
Speaker 6: Feel like that that that got overlooked because of people always talk about talk about the isolation situations, the game winners and things of that sort, you know. So I definitely have to say my pass and my playmaking a building.
Speaker 1: I think my route running it was superb. You see. Oh your people just see you catch the ball.
Speaker 2: They don't realize what goes until you actually getting open to catch the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah before we just don't fall down. Hey we go. Let they catch it the day we will try to tackle it. You gotta get open.
Speaker 2: But you know, I'm gonna put a little compilation together that Oh yo, see the thing in practice, like damn you would like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: Let me let me see. Let me see that thing.
Speaker 2: Oh you that beig running a stop like that run that speed out hit that tear roll to twelve. We got one more. Last one come from Gay the Gay the Kitman. Let's take a listen what he had to say.
Speaker 8: Good morning, I saw Ocho all the way from London. It's just getting up to four forty five in the morning, just about to start work. Got a question for cho Ocho. I'm Scottish and seeing as Scotland are going to be in Miami for two games in the World Cup, will you be rooting for Scotland. I've got a jersey and a celt waiting for you if you want to make an honorary member of Tartan Army. Take care, guys, see you.
Speaker 4: See I mean, I'm listen Scotland. Scotland gonna have to play Haiti. That's the group that Haiti's in. I'm rude for Haiti. In that group, it's a very very very difficult group for Haiti to get out of. It Scotland, Morocco in Brazil, and Brazil's in that group as well, so I'm sure Scotland's going to have had their hands full, you know, having a deal with my rock one Brazil. But I'm rooming for I'm moving for Haiti. I'm sure Scotlands gonna do do what they can, but that's gonna be a tough group to.
Speaker 1: Get out of.
Speaker 6: Oh, Joe, you ain't got no killed in your in your clothing game, do you? Uh?
Speaker 4: Nah, Joe, But I ain't really got no problem wearing one Joe problem. I mean, obviously it's based on the occasion and circumstances. Yeah, but outside of that, Joe, if I could wear ease every single day, you know, I can wear all Joe. You got to get you some of these Joe off she hen Uh yeah, I mean the same thing. Yeah, you sure's you're sure sheen because I think it's separate. It's like it's a and then it's a dash.
Speaker 1: It's shame, bro.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, man, I thought I thought I thought it was a hyphena.
Speaker 4: My bad, My bad.
Speaker 1: It is you when you put it there, it is.
Speaker 2: But other than that, no, uh yeah, get you a bagpipe, Yoe. You should have what you call them, uh Saint Patty's Day, do y'all do y'all do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I mean that's not like Savannah. I grew up in Savannah, you know, went to school in Savannah. It's a huge Irish contingent. I mean they turned River Street, they paint the water, the water green and everything. It is huge down on River Street in Savannah.
Speaker 1: Okay mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they probably do stuff like that out here. But you know, I don't drink and really part partaking those type of activities.
Speaker 2: Man uh JB concerts. Oh yo, I'll be in Miami for two weeks. Let's play one on one basketball. If I win, you gotta pay unk back. Yeah, let's play.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, whoever that is, you ain't gonna beat me. Let's let's just let's let's just stop right there. You know, I'm not I'm not sure what people think. I'm just this, this this joke around of an athlete in the world.
Speaker 1: Do you hear me? All time?
Speaker 6: They they haven't seen you. They have seen you play almost all these sports. That's why they That's why they come at you right there.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: No, they know they don't cause they ain't seen me play all these sports.
Speaker 1: Seriously, well, they can only go on for what they just seen. They can't go on.
Speaker 4: That's what I want to do, and that's what I hope you do too.
Speaker 1: How I get on me, how you get to me?
Speaker 4: Because I want I want you to think it's a joke, Joe, I want you to think it's a joke.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: You talk about the god damn killing spree number two?
Speaker 1: Gonna start on me?
Speaker 4: You got another thought coming?
Speaker 1: This is the wrong tree for you to be barking up.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't even like trees. I don't even like trees.
Speaker 2: Quentin Mobley down south, we say Mobley, but I guess I mean if I'm pronouncing it wrong, I apologize Quentin Mobley or Mobley.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe looking like a highlighter. Talk about that shirt?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, listen, people that don't respect the beautiful game and it's tops and kids. This is a Uventus eleven Jersey. Thank you, even our yo.
Speaker 2: My uncle Bob recently lost his vision and he's a big Bronco fan. Wish him the best, absolutely, Uncle Bob Man, thanks for supporting the Broncos. I appreciate you listening to tune in there for nightcap Man. We appreciate that. Sorry about the vision loss, but hopefully you got an opportunity to see the Broncos went through three Super Bowls and got an opportunity to see you see me play, So we appreciate that support. Uncle Bob, were good, seventy five fellas, Let's have a Nightcap Love edition. What I want to know what you mean? Oh Joe boy? Did you see Houston Boy? Houston was on Friday Weekend?
Speaker 1: O Joe?
Speaker 2: They had audio They had spring Boy said it was for Fox in the forest fire down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ain't heard noo.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: The Big three, Big three is used to I got my cowboy booth big I'm gonna having a hat made. I'm gonna have a big old belt bucket like tough heat man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, what what what they do out there?
Speaker 1: What the y? I'm rustling some steers? That what the rodeo? Don't? Hey? Hey, I said, I seen you. What the going on?
Speaker 4: Time time out? I'm both of y'all have seen it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that's your problem. Probably you're probably paying that's what. That's what I'm saying. That got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: It was a Joey was on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah what I don't worry about it. Yeah, you got to be.
Speaker 4: There, be there.
Speaker 1: I was there, pard.
Speaker 4: Hey, Now you got me excited. I'm trying to forget what happened.
Speaker 2: Manh uh uh uh hareem.
Speaker 1: The Elijah one, what's good nightcap? Well, looked like we will.
Speaker 2: Have another full metal jacket Molde and Joe yet another fifty nine hundred when he beat Gomer Pile, Oh your knees disciplined on paying people. Yeah, hey, you remember before how they beat they beat pile because all you sneaking.
Speaker 4: They play on the band and you see how you turn, you see how he turns?
Speaker 1: Right? Hey you said you know what you get over that wall.
Speaker 4: But that was a great movie, bro uh drew jiu jitsu.
Speaker 1: I sold my hog.
Speaker 2: You know this was first squad said two thousand and the second ever WPS wps.
Speaker 1: I guess what's that? Woo pig suey woo woo pig sue. Yeah, so do you see happening as a fourth seed? Yo? Up and oh cho what you got happen? Well he got to win it? Yeah, yeah, I see it happening. I got it.
Speaker 6: I got Hey, look man, one thing you can't you can't overlook is momentum and playing getting ht at the right time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the best time.
Speaker 6: You know, we don't want to get big head and we want to enjoy this win that we got, but you know we're looking forward to this NCAA tournament and continue to advance, continue to advance.
Speaker 1: A A G five.
Speaker 2: My birthday was the thirteenth, made it the thirty eighth. I worked hard and planning on breaking my budget for your yacht bro. I appreciate that you will not be disappointed. And once you take this, it's the only koyak you go to drink.
Speaker 1: It's smooth.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna have that burn, you're not gonna have that kick, and you're not gonna wake up with that hangover. It is so so smooth, trust me.
Speaker 6: Hey, when you you you do you mix it with anything or you just drinking straight?
Speaker 1: Drinking straight. I like sidecars.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, them side cars, Joe, Them side cars, side cars.
Speaker 1: Sneak up on you too.
Speaker 4: What that means?
Speaker 1: I said them side cars and sneak up.
Speaker 2: On you the hey yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey a couple of the side cars and one of the most sparts.
Speaker 1: Joke.
Speaker 4: Hey, when you say sidecar, what is that in reference?
Speaker 1: It's a drink cocktail.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you're.
Speaker 6: Gonna get the party started, Old Joe.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I get get one of the piece, one of the piece I don't want to get to you get the piece. You almost give her up. Give you two and a half of the side get or little get her own. But they're normally, like you know, they're normally like a something with tetos or something like that.
Speaker 1: They like, you know, yeah, yeah, he did you go to.
Speaker 6: Hey, hold on, hold on, so what you do You had to go to the bathroom and do that quick?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I.
Speaker 2: Don't that thing before I left, Before I left, that thing be on this all by the time I got to the restaurant, it's already in my system.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, t those.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's a vodka.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, Okay, okay, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: You know, they like, you know, Martie, they like something will look clear. Boy. Yeah, uh huh. She got what she got. I got what I got. It's on, it's on. Having sounded like almost getting to catch up bottle O Joe.
Speaker 9: You know, decided what I'm talking about? Yo, I'm telling you that, just saying, hey, that's a good one at y'all. That's that's a good one. Hey, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: For visual.
Speaker 4: That's a that's he that's a good one. Empty ketchup bottle, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Lady Ray saying, hey, guys, I got a Joe for y'all. What do y'all call? Eight Mexican folks called him quick, saying, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Sinko Joe.
Speaker 2: What you laughing at you. What y'allo about that? It prescribed It prescribe new sexual health patience. Get fifteen dollars off your first order of sparks on a real current plan. Connect with a provider a r O de O H dot r O dot COO slash nightcap to find out if prescription roast sparks are right for you. That's our O dot co slash nightcap to find out if prescription roast sparks are right for you? Six ft barriers? Do y'all feel do y'all feel like the late actors Merlin Santana Chadwick Botsman could have had the same role success Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan's Now if.
Speaker 2: He had had that been alive, well, I mean, Chadwick Boseman was unbelievable. I saw him in Jackie Robinson.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was good at James Brown. Uh he was.
Speaker 2: Obviously black panther, but yeah he was. He be up there, he was just starting to get here. He would be up there. He would definitely be up there.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Vontel Lewis five oh one, Iso called them hogs out one more time for.
Speaker 1: The chat pe Sue.
Speaker 2: Raising back, leave Bason. This is King Iso year h O f Arkansas. Whe the s c T Tournament. Give okat O r B t A all next making up yo?
Speaker 1: Sure goals and.
Speaker 6: Still and hey listen, listen, something working mysterious ways, Fellas, did y'all see the gymnasts the gymnast girl who got a who got a.
Speaker 1: Hunted across the board? Yeah, that's from the University of Arkansas. What is wrong with y'all? Yeah? I saw.
Speaker 6: I saw that on Twitter. I saw everything. Everything is happening in the vine or the fellas. You know what I'm saying, Like we all were all on the right track, believe.
Speaker 1: It or not. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You're feeling good about it?
Speaker 6: Joe, come on now, come on now, really, DEVI said, who had the greatest rookie season in any sport? Oh, the greatest rookie season in any sport?
Speaker 2: I mean it is because you gotta go back, Jim Brown. I think one of the m v P uh as a rookie. Uh, the magic magic Wonder was finals m v P. Look at Wilt Numbers's rookie season. What did will average this rookie season? I think will average like something like thirty and in twenty two, Uh, what's unso when the MVP.
Speaker 1: Is a rookie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had I had to google that.
Speaker 2: Everge thirty seven points and twenty seven rebounds of a rookie Joe as a rookie.
Speaker 4: As the first thing popped up, we have a thirty seven and six and twenty seven game.
Speaker 6: See, we see they can't give us no footage, so it's it's hard for us to believe.
Speaker 1: And we just hit a number.
Speaker 2: It's the thing you saw Bam get eighty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See now average forward with Joe, Yeah, it happened.
Speaker 6: Listen, Well we talked about an average though. Oh Joe, that's like bro, that is crazy Joe. That Joe got like one hundred and fifty fifty point games.
Speaker 2: You gotta realize before twenty and fifteen he had more sixty point games did everybody else in the NBA combined.
Speaker 4: In two thousand and two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Yes, he'd beat Jason game.
Speaker 4: MVP, water Gloves, silver Slugger and the Biden and the bad title. And obviously for for NFL, they said Gail Sayers where he scored twenty two touchdowns the rookie season.
Speaker 1: What was that? Sixty four and sixty five.
Speaker 4: Sixty five and obviously Green Green Wayne gresfie Rookie year, highest scoring season and WHL before join the NHL.
Speaker 2: H I think What's Unso won the m v P two in UH in basketball. I think bred Lynn won the m v P in baseball as a rookie.
Speaker 1: M m M.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still sticking up for Bam talking about it. No, I'm sticking up for Bam. I'm still sticking up for Bam. But I'm saying it's not because you just saw somebody score eighty three, right, one hundred is not that out far out of the realm of possibility. Because prior to the Kobe hit in eighty three, the last time we saw somebody what was at ninety four? We saw David Robinson hit seventy one when they forced fed him at the last game of the season. But now you see the seventies have happened. Luca got seventy three, he got seventy two, Book got seventy, Donovan Mitchell got seventy one. You see these numbers start to happen. Kobe got two thousand, got got eighty one, and what what was that six? And now Bam, twenty years later get eighty three, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I never looked it happened. I'm glad, Hey, I'm glad, I'm alive to see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just them first forty five guys that you name, they are known as Yes. Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. In BAM book is a score. Kobe is a score, Mitch is a score, Luca is a scorer. Will was a score. And so you look at David Thompson guys like that. But you like Bam Bro Bam average nineteen points a game. How you go from nineteen to eighty three, even even on a great Kobe is a gun. Kobe was a score. Jordan was a score.
Speaker 2: So those guys getting, you know, because we saw Jordan third average thirty, Jordan average thirty like seven.
Speaker 1: Eight times you saw you know, you see.
Speaker 2: James Harden have thirty, what thirty something games with at least thirty points. So yeah, but for BAM, I mean, oh, Joey's like a guy you know, he catches, he got fifty, his high and fifty and all the sudden he get three fifty. You're like, bro, you ain't never had one hundred yards receiving the game. How you jump over one hundred and two hundred, it goes straight to three.
Speaker 4: Yep, got a special game. Moments like that happen every so often.
Speaker 2: And plus it's the Wizards, so hell I I mean they got me feeling I might go out there and get like ten.
Speaker 1: Follow up on nineteen ninety seven the Big Three? What has been the best performance you guys are witness live in person, no matter the sport.
Speaker 4: Oh, in person. Shoot, that's a good one. I mean it wasn't. It wasn't in person, but a god named Randy Moss Thanksgiving ding.
Speaker 6: Against the Cowboys, against them Cowboys man.
Speaker 4: Three for what do you what? Three for one sixty three and three tds Man, It's like a goddamn video game.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, he was hum in that day. Who trying to think?
Speaker 4: In person?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I didn't really I haven't really seen like a historic, historic performance, Uh, I don't know. I mean I saw Aaron Rodgers Super Bowl performance against the Steelers.
Speaker 1: He was dealing.
Speaker 2: I saw Serena beat Wo's Miaki the Great Dame in the semi fire in the US Open. I'm saying you went to that.
Speaker 1: I did, m H. I saw ooh, I'm trying to think. I saw Game two Miami when they had lost Remember.
Speaker 2: They had lost Game one to uh to San Antonio and Lebron blocked Tiago splitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was at that game, but that's probably it. I don't. I haven't into like any historic.
Speaker 2: Oh I was at the I was at the what was it, two thousand All Star game, and I think it's Sami Social be Sami Social to.
Speaker 1: Be King Griffy Ju run Derby if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, uh yeah, I can't think of really no special performance.
Speaker 2: But it would be nice to see somebody, you know, go for three hundred of the football game or Joe or throw for five hundred.
Speaker 1: Basketball seventy special.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that was that was at that game. That was at the game Joe and B and B scow seventy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like.
Speaker 4: I like Raindy Moss, Rainy Moss three for one sixty three and three TVs better though.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't. Look, I wasn't that that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we had played them a couple of weeks before when DT got those seven sacks. Yeah, I think we have played them a couple of weeks before. He missed eight and what you coming through the game win a touchdown? They're playing Seattle, okay, and Dave Craig. If I was thinking Dave Craig was the quarterback, that was.
Speaker 4: That was My next question to quarterback was.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 2: F Acron. Have y'all seen that flinch at your mom's challenge? I said it to Ash imagined us doing that back in the day. There is no pro careers for y'all these rich kids. Brother, look here, man, maybe these kids the way they be playing and trying to prank man, I wouldn't even I wouldn't even thought about franking my grandmam, my granddad play like they don't play like that, man, m hm.
Speaker 4: And you definitely listen, know you know your family, man, you know.
Speaker 1: Show shut up?
Speaker 9: Mam?
Speaker 1: What yeah?
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't I only play like that, BROA like I don't play like that with my mom. Now, I'm damn In fifty eight, Doctor Frank A. L. Bellamy says, hey, fam, would you rather play with a superstar who doesn't work hard or an average person who outworks everybody?
Speaker 1: Person? Who I works everybody? Bro? Taking that all day long? Absolutely, I can't do the lazy stuff.
Speaker 6: Man, got your hard worker boy, them them dudes wrath mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: When you get a superstar that's a hard worker, you get Tom Brady, you get Jordan's, you get.
Speaker 1: Lebron, you get shame. That's what you get. Yeah, that's what you get. Guys. Absolutely, you get great, you get Jerry Rice. Yeah, that's what you get.
Speaker 2: Chatting Pope O Joe, your tenure in New England, how was your mental at the time of knowing you wasn't the primary guy?
Speaker 1: No more?
Speaker 2: Were you still mentally checked into the game? Also, you go to Atlanta tomorrow, Magic City lit on Monday nights.
Speaker 1: It is like that.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not not going to the game tomorrow, but I was locked in.
Speaker 1: I was locked in.
Speaker 4: But I also understand where I am in my career at that point. No understood. You know what comes with territory and going to New England.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hold on, hold on, what happened? Bro? Thought you were coming down here? We were going to the game?
Speaker 4: You get Yeah, tomorrow, he's about going to Magic City.
Speaker 1: Ain't going to going to the game.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Joe, Me and Joe going to the game tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm FeelA say I thought I'm going to pull up at Miami.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Game?
Speaker 1: No sporting events part with Hooters or Twin Peaks. What that means? Who? Who are still who are still in business?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Why do you say that they'd be wearing skippy clothes to.
Speaker 6: Okay, you said since we came, they're gonna have the girls out there on the court, on the pole, all the wings and some hoodies.
Speaker 2: That make it seem like I don't know if Adams Sila check, but I promise you when your guys come to Atlanta, they be up in there. They be at they be at uh Magic, they' be at Blue Flame. What's that one on Spring Street?
Speaker 6: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if is still open. They used to have one called Body Tap Shooters Alley Folly's.
Speaker 1: Oh my bad, damn that boy? You know Highway?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, what the game?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 4: Seven thirty?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, let me let me check, let me check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got my little I got I'm going to the gym at five in the morning. I gotta go to sleep. I'ma give me four hours sleep after this. I got my soccer training at nine thirty boom, And after I finished that I'm gonna come home shower.
Speaker 1: Hey, they play at seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: It's on Peacock okay, bomb, Yeah, gonna get me a little like you know, the flight ain't never about forty five hour.
Speaker 1: You need me to go sooop you up? Nah?
Speaker 4: Nah? I like to run a car, Joe, because I like to smoke my cigar in the car.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you real nice, you know what, Joe.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, I can't remember the last time I picked somebody up from the airport. It's probably been about fifteen years.
Speaker 1: As it really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Now, my like if my family, if my family go home to lule Rock, because my lady from lo Ron too, so the kid, they go home and I go pick it and they come back, I go pick them up for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, appreciate I appreciate that, Joe. I appreciate you offer that. Joe had me flying in Vegas.
Speaker 1: And I have my guy picked you up.
Speaker 4: It's not the same. I don't want the guy.
Speaker 1: I want you.
Speaker 2: I want you.
Speaker 4: I want you to I want you to.
Speaker 1: Pick me up.
Speaker 4: I just thought that you picking me up would be dope.
Speaker 1: Be dope. If I pick you up, I must be on dope.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, That's why I called see Joe. That's why I've been having strangers picked me up from the airport because Joe don't want.
Speaker 1: To come pick me up. And that's that's that's ain't that same.
Speaker 6: But listen, boy, if you ain't got anxiety, it showed make your hand bad.
Speaker 1: And then you know what airport like, Joe, Man, who you think you y'all could do? Please? It's bad, man, Oh Joe, I almost had to hold my breath coming through. That be so bad.
Speaker 6: I'd be like, because it ain't gonna be you know, it ain't gonna be smooth. It's gonna be something you're gonna run in the summer.
Speaker 4: Right right right.
Speaker 1: Somebody to say pollies closed? What about shooters Alley?
Speaker 2: I think it's closed to all the was gonna be beautful highway, big pony ponies on Beaute Highway too, Joe. Yeah, yeah, I just said you stopped that. Hey, I ain't sent one foot in there. A couple of eyes though.
Speaker 4: Hey, hold on, Joe, Hey, after the after the after the game, were going to Magic City?
Speaker 1: There are you trying to do?
Speaker 4: I mean, but I mean I'm only in town going.
Speaker 1: To try the wings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, limit the limit they got.
Speaker 1: Yes, everything? Hey, everything good? All right, we're gonna nugget you can't fish the catfish nuggets good too.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna lie. They got some good food now with Okay, you know, I ain't like. I ain't saying like, you know, I just be in there all the time. I'm just saying, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't remember last time I was in there.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was when I would be a math boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, you are what you imagine it takes? They look at it right, Yeah that was yo. I'll get a get up for a man. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Let him know. I'm probably gonna see we probably seen him at the game. No, probably will Yeah, I think that I'm old fave. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna We're gonna come through for a little minute. Oh Joe, I ain't shutting nothing down now, I ain't shutting it. I ain't trying to shut the strip club down. I me in and out like a robbery.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, you don't know me, Joe. I give anywhere I go out outside of nine o'clock. They get thirty forty minutes from me, Broy, what the GAMEY gonna get over with you two o'clock.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, what I mean?
Speaker 4: I mean what I'm saying after nine o'clock, no matter where I go after that whatever establishment, they getting thirty to forty minutes, I mean, and that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, imagine had I think look at it, Oh Joe and Joe coming through tomorrow. Man, that thing, Hey, that thing ain't gonna be off the wait. You know we got that dead voice.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, how much money need to bring to two hundred dollars enough to do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Magic City?
Speaker 1: What you're trying to do. He's just trying to eat.
Speaker 4: One hundred dollars for food, one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: A throw No, no, no, no, no, you're gonna need a little more than you. Gotta throw at least a five, A thousand dollars. Thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Ain't throwing odd thousand me throw a thousand dollars in the strip club, please, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Hey, hundred dollars ain't gonna get it by.
Speaker 4: The oh, they're gonna take.
Speaker 1: They're gonna hey, love.
Speaker 4: Love love, It's all it's gonna be.
Speaker 6: They're gonna be talking about us when we leave to man, damn Joe. Oh Jo ain't throw no damn money.
Speaker 4: Hey, well listen if you see if you see me walk in the building, you already know what time it is.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, Joe A Joe. When I come to the A me and you will go we we leave.
Speaker 6: Me and Joe had a thing, right Yeah, Look, it ain't nothing but muscle memory for unc hen. I don't go off, but you know I go in there. Hey go there, have a good old time. Yeah, yeah, we ain't got being alone.
Speaker 4: And not yeah yeah, yeah, hey tell me I keep my little two on it all to forget y'all.
Speaker 1: Man. Sam mcgraham said, I sold.
Speaker 2: What's your take on the narrative that Darius Huff is the best guard Cali Perry has had in college.
Speaker 1: Well, the numbers don't lie. If you talk about college from it ain't close.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it ain't close from a from a scoring standpoint and from a playmaking assists standpoint.
Speaker 1: I mean he's blowing them all out the water.
Speaker 6: I just think in this era, due to college basketball being a professional sport, now un ojo you, that's how Calip Perry.
Speaker 1: He's gonna cater to his players.
Speaker 6: That's why guys love coming to play for him, you know what I mean, he gonna say all the right things. He's gonna put you in in great situations for you to be successful. And if you got your guard like a cuff who is bull headache and take take the you know team by the by the horns, bro, and really take him somewhere. He'll ge the keys to it. You just gotta make sure you know where you're going, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Color probably got one sup of goal. You might come here in your family in poverty, but when you leave here, they won't be.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: They won't be.
Speaker 6: If you if you got some talent, if you if you that boy, if you him, if you him Athy, Yeah, that's who you want to go, see, bro, because because you know, you just want to be a pit stop.
Speaker 1: You want college to be a pit stop to where you're really trying to go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, Hey, I ain't even trying to get full time change. Hey just putting me like a couple of gallops of gas in I'm he because see if you changed four times, that means I got to stay a little bit longer. Clean the window, hey, and this literally let how that got to clean the window, squeezed the window, got that.
Speaker 1: Fort together, got that forty gallo tape.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't need, I don't need, I don't need none of that, Rick Love, how much credit do you give marketing for creating Jordan's aura?
Speaker 1: For goat?
Speaker 2: He wasn't the NBA's first high flyer, but I can't recall any cores pouring into an athlete like they did with Mike. He was a perfect storm. I mean that tone hanging out, I mean, he he was flying, I mean by that time. But by the time he came along now the games because a bird in Magic had got like they were on TV regular.
Speaker 1: In the in the Nike Joe.
Speaker 6: Then then you take you take that, Nike took the took the the gamble on him with the air Jordans because everybody with converts for that first, you know what I mean. And he took that gamble and went with Nike. It was a wrap from there.
Speaker 2: Everybody was for the most part, they had They had a couple of guys with you know, uh Iceman with Nike and Moses Malone. But the big guns Doctor j Converse, lad Bird Magic, Magic Johnson was with Converts. I'm not mistaken. I think Mark Guire was with Converse. Also, Kareem was with Adidas. He had top ten Adidas. But there were guys that had Nike. But Nike wasn't Converse. The Chuck Taylor's was the was the one the weapons.
Speaker 1: Had Nike.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, but Nike wasn't. Nike wasn't what it is. I mean, it wasn't Oh, we gotta have he was. He was the first guy that that shoe that people waited in line to get, That's what. And when that happened, and then he had a color You normally you got white shoe, you got a black shoe, you got a blue shoe. But they came out with a precolor wave. I think it was red, black and white. And then you got the red and the black. And then they said mannakeet paying five every time Jordan wear those shoes. They gotta pay five thousand dollars. What he wearing them every game?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they was hoping to sell three million dollars. They saw three million dollars in a weekend.
Speaker 1: It was over.
Speaker 4: They can't. All they do is recycle. They all they all they do is recycle the same shoe and over and.
Speaker 2: And when he came out with that one and he did this and then put that logo and then put it on a poster, it was over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was over. Was over.
Speaker 2: I mean he was charis mad, he was charismatic. He had a smile. You know magic you know guys back, you know back he was. He seemed personal, people seemed like he liked his personality. Magic had to smile the million watch, while Jordan had to smile. He had the ball head. He made ball head. Being cool in the early eighties, dark skinned wasn't cool.
Speaker 1: You need to be like she go to bars. You need to be like el Jabard, you need.
Speaker 4: To be like gar. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a dark and he was always dressed.
Speaker 6: The joke always had always, always always broy.
Speaker 1: He's like man dark skinned brother.
Speaker 2: I said, oh it's over, hey, cause you know before that, you know, I was, you know, had my hands of the plocket steaded on the wall. Jordan came in. I've been at the top of the charts forty years, the top one hunderd yes, uh labar billis to be eighteen. What's good nightcap? I grew up watching the any other pacers, but at the time I didn't understand the game, so I asked, now, how good with Jermaine O'Neill.
Speaker 1: Jero was like that.
Speaker 6: Joe was Jail was great, bro like he probably what Jao about four five times All star k straight out of high school.
Speaker 1: I mean he was in South Carolina. Yeah, they was.
Speaker 6: They was running the East at one point. Like he had a great run. Jao had a great ring, came in super young. We were in Portland first though, right, Yeah, he was in Portland playing with them, playing, playing with all them bigs Rasheve Wallace, Uh, Brian Grant. He has some dogs over there. The bonus I even think was even still playing. Yeah, Sam mc grand uh Sama grand eighty nine add a non non option to the pole question. Oh so you don't like none of our pigs?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Kevin bow Knight. Y'all think Nick and Joey Boster could team up this season? That would be insane.
Speaker 1: They could. The question is how much money can the forty nine ers offer Joey mm hmmm?
Speaker 2: Uh Bard gang Oh, Joe handles the basketball like someone who says raspberry dak nabbit when things go wrong, and a little gee Willie for good measure.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 4: You can't dribble, man, I don't know what he's talking about. Man, I'm no, I'm no different than Cayrie Man.
Speaker 1: Man, that boy can't walk at you, bobah God, I know he g.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey Joe, Hey Joe, Boy, you're gonna be surprised. Bro, Joe, You're gonna be surprised. You're gonna be surprising.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's matter twenty two fifteen, King is so hello?
Speaker 2: Is that so that rolled up his extension cord from high school that hated to buy a heavy O choke? That's why I thought Henna be chilling cheering for uh the Haitians. I mean, if what do you wrong?
Speaker 1: All of them?
Speaker 2: He's like, you do know crows have unbelievable memories, O choe. So like crows, you do something to one of them, they all remember they passed it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't cared nothing about that bro. Ever since then, I've been winning ever since.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what. I might be a little livery bad, like hey, what's your what's your agenda? Mm hmmm, kylie? What two three four?
Speaker 2: We may have to well skip to the next year for the women's tournament. Can't wait until Juju come back. I think next season would be uh USC year, she probably leave it. She going she ain't coming back. Who're you coming at USC? You think she going straight? I'm saying when in this draft in uh oh, w NBA draft in mate?
Speaker 4: Wait this one, yell?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you can't they leave after the junior year? Yeah? What are they saying?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, she making more money? Uh in nil money that she's gonna make to the w n b A even if they get what they.
Speaker 1: Came out with. She she just came out with a shoe too. It's nice.
Speaker 2: Vacantly complete this episode of Nightcap. We want to thank each and every one of you guys for tuning in and watching my partner in co hosts Cincinnati Bengo Great, former Pro bowler Doll Pro chad O Chosenko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three, celebrating his Arkansas Razor back winning the SEC Men's Tourney, a seven time NBA All Star from Atlanta Hawk's Universe of Arkansas Love, and recently nominated for the Basketball Hall of Fame. I saw Joe Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light, but the dude, it's a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you guys for your support and you'll continue support. What oh Joe, I'm not sorry that you thought well where you showed it early. You showed it early for this show. Please those look at the purchase of Ball and Shaved by La Portier and it's currently unavailable in a state or sitting near you. Head over to La Portier konjac dot com to order your bottle. It is a premium veslp Kanjact, the best tasting, smoothest vesl p kgjact on the market. Try it and compare it against others and you'll see we have the best tasting Kangnac on the market. Please please drake responsibly. If you look to your right hand corner, you can see the countdown to two million. We're currently at one million, ninety five thousand, so the road the countdown to two million is currently taken.
Speaker 1: Let's get that up there.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we menload that out by the end of the week, preferably by the time we start the tournament on Thursday, that that complete this episode of Nightcap I'm pumped. He's Oho, he's ISO. Thank you guys for tuning in. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: The