Speaker 1: This is Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: I played the very ominous opening there. Yeah, these are not great times. Everyone, No, welcome to Serial Killers. It's Monday. Hope you had a good weekend. Is it possible?
Speaker 1: I think at this point we can just stop saying have a good weekend? Okay, well, you just get to the facts on this one. Things are not great. No, And we hope that you're listening to this podcast as some sort of escape. Exactly. That's what we're here for, exactly.
Speaker 2: Your life needs normalcy, and we're.
Speaker 1: Normal exactly for the most part. I mean, besides the arguing and everything, we're just trying to add a little bit of joy to your day. We hope that you're doing Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Forget about all the crap and eat cereal. I'm Scottie Bee and I'm Andrew, and this is episode ninety four, and it's Monday, and we're here and we're gonna eat cereal. But I have to give you this warning. The next three episodes are gonna kind of be like scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as cereal goes.
Speaker 1: To the bottom of the box.
Speaker 2: The bottom of the box sure sounds great because, first of all, I mean I'm just gonna tell you we're taping a bunch of episodes this week because who knows, We don't know what's gonna be going on, whether we're gonna be allowed into the studio. Andrew's taking a couple of days off just to kind of.
Speaker 1: I'm self quarantined because I feel like for me, with nothing going on on the show and nothing going on in Elvis's personal life. Yeah, being an assistant, you weren't really doing much these days. So I'm choosing to self quarantine at my parents' house. So perfect, let's do a whole bunch of episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: And you know, I don't know if you saw my picture or not, but I went to the supermarket the other day, multiple supermarkets, and even the cereal aisle is cleared out. You saw that all that was left was strawberry frosted miniweeds and tricks troll cereal. Yeah, that was it. There was abundance of those, but everything else was pretty much empty, just some broken boxes left of the normal stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So basically what we're doing in the next couple of episodes is whatever I have under the counter, everything must go. The cereal sack is bulging with cereals that people have sent us and just stuff we haven't gotten to yet. So I don't really think we have any new cereals left. So we're just gonna kind of do three an episode and go to town.
Speaker 1: People will understand, our listeners will understand. This is gonna be some hopefully good episodes.
Speaker 2: Question Mark, Please, these are always good. It's because you and I, you know our panter banter banter. I'm dull, that's right, all right, So I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack. It's a post cereal came out nineteen ninety seven and has been reimagined many times, so it's another Great Grains. It started out as a select variety and now they're just kind of transforming all of those into Great Grains as about five six, seven Great Grains at this point. This one is Cranberry Almond Crunch from Post.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like Cranberry. This could be good. I'm into it.
Speaker 2: There's Cranberry's flakes and clusters and almonds.
Speaker 1: I just want you to know that when I went grocery shopping, uh huh, because I did, Yeah, I did go grocery shopping, it was terrible guess what cereal I bought? Uh, cinamon last one on the shelf, waffle cereal. Like, if I'm going into quarantine, I need to get myself a cereal.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, they had a couple of blueberry ones at my shop, right, But other than that, I mean.
Speaker 1: There's a cereal I al was completely wiped out. Yeah, and someone else I know bought Ego cereal and they said they actually fought someone in the store for it. Really yeah, because somebody like she reached for it and somebody's like, I need to get two. She's like, you already have one.
Speaker 2: See, and I don't. I just don't understand the toilet paper thing that I just can't get over that. I don't understand it. Nobody's pooping more.
Speaker 1: What it's gonna be weird is years from now, Like when my kids one day are reading a textbook about this, there's gonna be pictures of people.
Speaker 2: Walking paper markets a toilet paper. I'm gonna have to be like, I truly don't know why. Wait, you're gonna have kids, yeah, hopefully one day. Okay, I would have great kids. What kind of cereal are you gonna let them?
Speaker 1: Meat maple, eggo waffle cereal.
Speaker 2: It didn't gonna be around anymore.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: She can see that, you know what. I can't find the other one. Where's the one? Where's the other shaky one? I think it's gone. What's the disco one? Which one the first one that we had?
Speaker 1: Scotty shake yeah, shake shake shape yeah, shake your cereal?
Speaker 2: It's not here anymore. It's so messed up, man, Things just disappear.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, well let's get into the great grains.
Speaker 2: Here we go. You've done probably five or six different great grain varieties by now, so I think this is the last one that we haven't done. Did I went? I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, did you buy a lot of cereal when you were shopping?
Speaker 2: I didn't have to have you seen my basement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually get stacked with cereals. But she didn't get me eggos. So I'm bringing it from my apartment to their house.
Speaker 2: She doesn't even know her children.
Speaker 1: It's so sad she doesn't know her children. I kind of want to steal some from the cereal vault.
Speaker 2: You can, there's plenty. Take what you want.
Speaker 1: I might because you do have a lot of great cereals.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I do?
Speaker 1: Oh, we do? Yes, Andrew Collaborate Podcast.
Speaker 2: This today is skim Plus milk, lactose free, fat free milk. Yeah, creamy taste. Creamy taste's actually not bad. This is what we use in the house because Cooper is lactose and tolerant.
Speaker 1: I use it on the cris picks this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how was it?
Speaker 1: It was good?
Speaker 2: You're still eating that cris Picks.
Speaker 1: I am going through all the cereals and no one will eat. So I'm talking smart start, I'm talking grape nut flakes. I'm talking chris Picks and corn flakes. Those are for me. I don't mind them, and I like them and they feel healthy.
Speaker 2: All right, Here we go, great grains, cranberry, almond, holrong hmm m.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna take just one home? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would just like the inside of a pop dart.
Speaker 2: The cranberries will do that because they're sweetened.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: Four balls in a spoon of all the cranberry cereals. This is probably one of the best ones I've had.
Speaker 1: I might actually bump this up and give it a five ball. It's healthy ish five. That's why I added the ish. It feels healthy.
Speaker 2: Really. Five.
Speaker 1: I truly enjoy this.
Speaker 2: I would prefer if these were dried cherries, but I know that they're more expensive, so they wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that today, so for that reason.
Speaker 2: Four balls. It's pretty good, but it's not great.
Speaker 1: It is great. Oh sorry, great, thank you, Tony.
Speaker 2: All right, now there's two ways we can go here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you steer the ship, all right, you guide me during these times of crisis.
Speaker 2: We'll go see. I don't even know if this is I don't know how old this cereal is because this whole line is new to me. You know, I've only seen these cereals since we've been doing this podcast. It's Mom's best, you know. We've had a few of these. We had the one with the marshmallows and the other thing and that other thing, and the Graham well exactly, the fake Cinematon's cru everything. So I'm curious to see how this is going to be Safari cocoa crunt. It appears to be a cocoa puff's ripoff, gluten free, no artificial flavors or preservatives, no high for coast corn sirrut, made with real cocoa. Okay, it could be okay, naturally flavored sweetened corn puff cereal with real coco. Mom's Best Okay, I'm in.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be. Wait, moms made the one that I hated? Which one did Moms make that I hate?
Speaker 2: These are the two moms Best that we've done, the honey grams and the sweetened wheatfols, And then we also did the one with the marshmallows that was pretty decent.
Speaker 1: So maybe I like Mom's Best.
Speaker 2: I think Mom's is okay. I think Mother's is the one that we don't like.
Speaker 1: Who's the old woman?
Speaker 2: Oh Barbera? Yeah, oh yeah. The store was full of puffins also, it was loaded with puffins every variety there was like people like, I'm gonna try this, but I'd rather not eat anything than this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, puffins are not it. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I know we're living through a pandemic right now, but puffins are not it ever period. Hey, did you know that lion cubs are born with brown spots that make them look like little leopards. These spots camouflage the cubs when they're young, they disappear as they grow older.
Speaker 1: Do you know My sister's dog, Luna has little spots. We call her a rare spotted.
Speaker 2: Newt, like on her belly or like o her.
Speaker 1: Head, a little spots. It's the cutest thing.
Speaker 2: All Right. Here we go, Safari coco crunch, Mom's Best Cereals. How the best days begin.
Speaker 1: I feel like Steve Irwin with like the cereal. He's dead, okay, yes?
Speaker 2: And didn't he get killed by a stingray? Yes? Which made it very concerning for me the accident because we were on vacation. Cooper was hanging out with stingrays in the water and I didn't like that. Well, stingrays, especially the very docile.
Speaker 1: Yes. And on top of that, it's like a one in a million chance she'll die if you get stung by one.
Speaker 2: Oh that was the one in the million.
Speaker 1: Yes, he literally got stung in the heart.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, that'll do it.
Speaker 1: And it has I think they have poisonous tails, and so that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I think they shoot some kind of venom in you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, here we go, Mom's Best.
Speaker 1: We're both not doctors.
Speaker 2: No, Safari Cocoa crunch. We eat cereal. That's what we do.
Speaker 1: Croakey, it's a fari. What is it called kroakey? It's safari cocoa crunch.
Speaker 2: You just sounded like a like a combination of many different people there, all right, here we go. They're a little bit smaller than coco puffs. What do there? Very quanchy? No, there's not warrant. MM like that. It's pretty decent. It tastes like a malted I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so chocolate y.
Speaker 2: Ingredients, cornflour, sugar, cocoa process with alkali, four bowls in a spoon, salt, calcium carbonate, caramel color, natural flavor. You know what, three sister Cereal company.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be controversial.
Speaker 2: It's no, it's not, but go ahead, I might.
Speaker 1: Choose this over cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: Shut the hell up.
Speaker 1: I think the sweetness on this is incredible.
Speaker 2: I don't curse, but bulk it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you're gonna have to bleep yourself out.
Speaker 2: I did already good.
Speaker 1: In your post production ways.
Speaker 2: You know what. I'm not a fan that is so crunchy.
Speaker 1: I love the crunch, really I do. I think it really adds some like texture to it. I'm a fan. I love the sweetness of it.
Speaker 2: We checked the milk out. The milk is good. It's really good chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: This is a this is wow. I might actually and I'm so sorry. You're gonna have to fix the sheet. You know what I'm gonna actually do on myself quarantine time. Yeah, I'm going to post the list.
Speaker 2: Everybody hold him to this. I will.
Speaker 1: I promise.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have nothing but a week and a half to create a Google sheet list.
Speaker 1: I might actually reverse my ratings. This is the five bowl. The cranberry crunch gets the four balls in books.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm out of my mind now because I have to make this list. Okay, I get it. It's like you who. I was gonna say that, but I wasn't quite there, big fam all right, so four balls from me?
Speaker 1: I think it's delicious. Oh god, I got some so far A cocoa crunch in my throat.
Speaker 2: He good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good. I love the cereal.
Speaker 2: Actually needed one more bite?
Speaker 1: Can I take this one home too? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We just gotta take a picture with it first, because people love to see us in pictures.
Speaker 1: They do, honestly. Our social media account, our Instagram, I get so many followers from that.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I feel like people who may not know about the big show that we work on find our podcast and then they're like, oh okay, and you know these fools worked for We are fools. And you can follow us at Real Killers PC and see what all these pictures are. Every time we do an episode, we post it. We post a picture of the cereal boxes with us making some zany faces. All right, so aany faces. We're gonna have to take a trip for this one. You ready, Serial Killers in turn National. Now, remember our friend Ramiro from San Bernardino. I do, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Also just thinking about you saying zany face.
Speaker 2: Well, I need to use different adjectives every once in a while. Yeah, you know, lighting up the movie? Why not? So Ramiro had sent us a bunch of cereals. We did one a couple of weeks ago. This one, it's a really it just it's I'm gonna get it, Okay.
Speaker 1: You get so flustered. It's so it's oh it comes from Korea.
Speaker 2: Oh he bought it at h Mart And I know that's a Korean supermarket to have one by my house, but they don't have this cereal, that's for sure. The cute little characters on the back. I don't know what the name of it is, although in little letters it says corn pleasure.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's something I think colon. Can I see the box? Yes, I'm pretty sure that this is one of Hello Kitty's friends.
Speaker 2: Really, Look on top? Is she there? Oh? No?
Speaker 1: Hold on second, No, I don't need to sneeze.
Speaker 2: No, please don't. This is pooro, pooroo corn flakes. We need that translator thing, but yours doesn't work for a week. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mine just says it's like Lucky fun charge.
Speaker 2: Look on top. You recognize any of the characters on the very top of the box? Top top, top, top top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poorro Is was in Japan too, Okay. I feel like anything ultra cute is probably from like Japan or South Korea. They know how to do like cute little animals.
Speaker 2: Well, now, is this considered anime? Is that? What this is? No? Not even am I stupid? What's anime?
Speaker 1: Anime is like shows, movies, novels like that go in a lot more detail. This person's not gonna fight for the honor of their family.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this little bird is yelling at the monkey give me a banana. See, there's not much in English on this box. But give me a banana? Is there? Wait?
Speaker 1: Actually I lied. This could be an anime if there's a cartoon version of it.
Speaker 2: Well these are cartoons, yeah.
Speaker 1: But like what kind of cartoon are we talking?
Speaker 2: I don't know. So let's get into the corn pleasure. The little penguent on the front. Let's get pleasured by corn, yes, a little. I don't think this corn came from Iowa. Sorry Iowa friends.
Speaker 1: Wait can you imagine if an Iowa farmer ships their corn to Korea to make corn pleasure?
Speaker 2: It's entirely pop Now, this is cool, okay? So I mean it is in a silver bag, which usually means sweet, but not in this case. But there's one of these little ceiling pull tabs on it, so once you open it, you roll it down and you stick the thing on it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, between the Japan cereals all coming in bags Korea, including a strip, we are so behind on the.
Speaker 2: Series, very innovative overseas. And you know what it is. It's because the American companies they like the cereal to go stale, so you have to buy more. So true, I don't want to be like Greg Tea right now, with the chicken conspiracy. But that is a conspiracy if I've ever heard one. By the way, speaking of chicken conspiracy, you know, excuse me chicken, excuse me chicken. So did you know that there was a super size me too? Morgan Sparoka the second one in twenty ninety, like AFC or Chickens Family was all chicken. He opened a chicken restaurant. But it kind of proved Greg Te's did you use sport? No, it sounded like I didn't at all. I'm going never do that on the air, except that one time when I threw it at Gandhi. All right, here we go anyway. Chickens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, so what is the point of the movie? Like that he opens up a chicken rush.
Speaker 2: And shows you how bad. But no, he opens a chicken farm, like he farms the chickens, and he shows you how crazy it is with all these big, fat, crazy chickens.
Speaker 1: Honestly, when you see like the chickens that they use and then are like they stick a tube down their throat and they make them so fat, it's so sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not in this one.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, maybe Morgan spur a lot should have.
Speaker 2: Gone there so I'm gonna hold on, let me seal it with the strip, the fresh tape. This is called I love that, and I think everybody should include this. Now. Just from looking at these flakes, I guess they're corn flakes. They they look reminiscent of honey nut frosted flakes. Okay, said they look like to me because they look like they are coated with some sort of sweetness.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm in but I don't even remember honey that frosted fakes look like I knew it came in a yellow or orange become in a yellow box. Yeah, yes, it had what's his name on it?
Speaker 2: Tony, sir charms?
Speaker 1: Right, all right?
Speaker 2: You know what you just like to aggravate me. I do. I'm glad you're leaving for a week, all right here? Two three corn pleasure, Yeah, pretty right.
Speaker 1: On, told too qunchy.
Speaker 2: You love qunchy apparently, but I like getting soggy and milk crunchy. And there's like a frosted flake, but like a way crunchy or frosted flake.
Speaker 1: Hold on, ah, cinnamon, dang it, oh.
Speaker 2: Your butt crackers all the way out, sir, all the way that is violating my eyes sorry about that. We don't have any the honeynut frosted flakes left. Is this not bad? Three balls in a spoon? Yeah? I think three balls is it. I'm not the biggest fan. No, I'm not pleasured. I was gonna say something there, but I shouldn't. But corn pleasure not bad. You know what, I'm gonna scan this little QR code on the side. What's for RaRo cornflakes? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Imported by Grand Supercenter, product of Korea, Lynhurst, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: H you got jipped. Oh my god, real Korean zero.
Speaker 2: They have chocolate. You know what. It looks like. They have almost every variety of these. Yeah, like they have of frosted flakes on the side of the box. It shows you. Oh yeah, it's very little. Wow.
Speaker 1: They don't want you to know.
Speaker 2: No. Well, I see chocolate and I see something with marshmallows and some other sort of flakes. But not bad. Thank you very much, Ramiro, Thank you, Romeiro. Appreciate it. We'll get to you know. I don't think we're gonna do the other cereal he sent it was the spooky chocolate frosted flakes, because we've already had chocolate frosted flakes with marshmallows, same kind of thing. So we appreciate it. We'll eat it, but you know we're probably not gonna rate it. Kisses though, Ramiro, thank you so much for listening to Serial Killers. This has been episode ninety four. Yay, we're gonna hang it up and just record another one after this, and you'll get that one on Friday. Yes, so stand.
Speaker 1: By, stay safe, stay well, yeah, just stay in your house for a bit. How about they just stay in your house. Listen to Serial Killers if you didn't quarantine with Cereal. I don't really know what to tell you, but listen to us, and listen to us.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the serials, and go back and listen to old ones, and you'll see how different we are. We have changed, you know, we're so much more mature. No, not at all, I thought I was. I think we're a little bit more laid back in the earlier episodes. I wasn't that apt to make fun of you and rip on you back an episode like maybe one through ten after that's harass me, Yes, my zingers, I was very zany. Listen to us on wherever you listen to me like wherever you're listening right now, just subscribe.
Speaker 1: Press the subscribe button and leave us a review. We love reviews. We don't like to read them on the air all the time because sometimes Daying Yell is sitting here and we read the bad review in front of her.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't have done that. She was upset. She's like, I'm not coming in anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said she would come back in.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, guess what next episode, We're gonna take a trip to the Cereal Graveyard. It's your favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: Until then, we will see you on Friday. Have a great week, stay safe, and crunch crunch. Yes, yeah, I would like to have pleasure with other vegetables.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's a personal issue for you, not an issue of preference. Well that's what you call it.